Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 145 (Novice)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 08:21 NamecaF

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 08:04:
Until the corrupted politicians in robes rule otherwise, the first sale doctrine still applies in the U.S of A.

I buy it, I own it. The law says so and Ben Kuchera can go fly a kite.

There is a world outside the "U.S of A" though, you know. Consider that for a moment.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 05:02 NamecaF

I've been saying this since Steam arrived on the scene (and has taken off) but everyone seems to think it's the second coming or something. Maybe I'm just showing my age or maybe this generation doesn't really understand what "owning" something means, but we are headed in a really bad direction with the way software and games are heading.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 28, 2014, 22:57 NamecaF

That Last of Us PS3 vs PS4 Graphics Comparison video is just perplexing  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 27, 2014, 22:28 NamecaF

LOL, because its working so well in Britain

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2014, 22:38.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 18, 2014, 11:44 NamecaF

Is it a requirement that everyone that works on Fox news be a complete douche or something? What an idiot.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Trailer; Livestream Today
6. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Trailer; Livestream Today Jul 18, 2014, 02:09 NamecaF

walrus1 wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 23:41:
Anyone else remember the old school Rainbow Six? You know the careful planning your team for each mission? Cause UBI sure as hell doesn't. Christ first they turned it into a generic shooter and now it's a CS clone?

Yeah, Ubi have really driven the Red Storm games in to the fucking ground. Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six resemble nothing of what they were originally.

This is just another twitch shooter Michael-Bay-excuse of a game, not the properly, realistic, thoughtful tactical simulation of the original Rainbow Six titles. After Raven Shield its just continued going down hill and into the gutter.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 16, 2014, 10:59 NamecaF

nin wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 08:43:
NamecaF wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 05:19:
Paying for mods now?! What a bloody joke.

From what I've seen of it, I'd gladly pay $5...

Check the reviews on it's store page first mate

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 16, 2014, 05:19 NamecaF

Paying for mods now?! What a bloody joke.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Gameplay Trailer Jul 14, 2014, 23:17 NamecaF

What happened to fall damage? That been removed too?

Task wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 20:25:
I can't imagine they won't not introduce you...

Dude, seriously?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2014, 12:42 NamecaF

Ahh the Chinese. Their official motto should be "We dont invent or design, we steal"  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 12, 2014, 12:10 NamecaF

Well, Batman looks shit. His foot is bigger than his head!?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Better Call Saul Jul 2, 2014, 22:31 NamecaF

nin wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:30:
InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:11:
Better Call a Whole Bunch Of Breaking Bad Guest Stars?

Between this and Cranston's comment a few weeks ago that we never actually saw Walt in a body bag (implying he might still be breathing), I'm not sure what to think. Part of me is excited, and part of me worries...

I didn't even realise he was was 'supposed' to be dead? It looked to me that he was still alive when the cops came in and found him. His eyes open and still breathing.

News Comments > Watch Dogs DLC
5. Re: Watch Dogs DLC Jul 1, 2014, 22:43 NamecaF

Shok wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 21:38:
Meh, I can wait to buy Watch Dogs & complete DLC in a five dolla Steam/GoG sale someday.

Only if they fix the mouse + keyboard controls and optimize it so its doesnt stutter all the time. Otherwise it wouldnt even be worth $1

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2014, 22:39 NamecaF

wtf_man wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 18:43:
Unfortunately, Windows 9 will probably still have that shitty "flat look" that seems to be all the rage of UI designers, lately (including IOS, the new OSX, and the new Android)

I fricken hate the "flat look".

+1

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
5. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 10:30 NamecaF

Yeah, this definitely has red flags all over it.

And after reading that interview with the devs, I lost interest in it.

The fact that it isnt truly procedurally generated content and is instead specifically crafted (so everyone's going to experience the same wildlife, flora, geography, etc of every planet) was a bit of a let down.

Not to mention the fact that their focus is simply being MMO exploration and space fighting rather than missions and a story/campaign bummed me out.

I was hoping it was going to be like a procedurally generated sci-fi Skyrim-type game with single player story/campaign, side missions, random jobs/quests, star system exploration, planetary exploration, space and land battles against AI enemies, AI NPCs, etc.

Maybe one day

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Why game discovery is vital introducing Games We Care About Jun 25, 2014, 03:24 NamecaF

The real problem is simply that there's too much crap!

Every man and his dog is jumping on the indie-gaming bandwagon and launching kickstarter or greenlight campaigns, and these fucking "early access" scams. All spouting lofty goals and an "awesome concept" that turns out to be completely, utterly shite in execution (and often bug-riddled). And that's if their even completed!

On top of that we've got the plethora of all these nostalgia trip retro games and reboots and bloody pixel "style" games as well as a AAA industry that's no longer willing to experiment and innovate and is instead content churning out copy-cat games and "block buster" style sequels to the CoDs and Battle Fields...

It's honestly like looking for a needle in an ocean of pure excrement.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
5. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 10:02 NamecaF

Pay to Win Left 4 Dead in the 1890s

Pass.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Destiny is the "Same Game" On Current and Next Gen Consoles, Says Bungie Producer Jun 3, 2014, 09:55 NamecaF

Don't they mean "Last Gen and Current Gen" since the "next gen" consoles are already out?  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Announced
7. Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced Jun 2, 2014, 22:02 NamecaF

jdreyer wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 20:44:
Heh, trailer NSFW, but I guess if it's Mortal Kombat, that's assumed?

I wonder if that's gameplay footage. Looks like it could be.

Also, what's the point with showing internal injuries that then have no effect on character movement? Just the "coolness" factor?

My thoughts exactly. In my opinion, the 'x-ray cam' of the damage would better suit some kind of 'finishing move'.

But then again, that'd only really suit a more realistic kind of fighting game. With MK being over-the-top fantasy, with full-on gore finishing moves, even that wouldn't make sense in this game. Bizarre.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug
3. Re: Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug Jun 2, 2014, 21:43 NamecaF

Reason #137 pirates get a better game experience. Tying games to clients like Uplay/Origin/Steam - even when you're playing single player - is just fucking ridiculous. It boggles the mind.  

145 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo