Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 200 (Novice)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
86. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 21:32 NamecaF

Paid mods? Are you kidding me? That's bloody ridiculous. How about just implementing an optional "donate" ability huh Valve? Makes more sense. That way you can still try out a mod for free and only the best ones that deserve it can make money by optional donations (like how Nexus works). Much better and fairer system.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
23. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 23, 2015, 11:41 NamecaF

InBlack wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 07:58:
The real question is how many of those that got burned by Rockstar's support (in addition to already having an unplayable product) will turn around and buy (or even worse, preorder) the very next thing Rockstar announces, without batting an eyelid.

I dont think any other industry in the world has better, loyal or more forgetful customers, most of us gamers are ready and willing to buy any old piece of shit in a box (or a digital download) just WOW us and HYPE us and we will give you our soul...

It's quite pathetic, but when you think about the origins of our escapism hobby, it makes a lot of sense.

I saw this coming a mile away and said as much a month or so ago and got poo-pooed by all the fan-boys on here.

Rockstar's arrogance and consistent lack of respect for their paying customers should not be rewarded! Like I said last time they wont ever be seeing another red cent from me.

All you other forgetful/weak-willed enablers either need to vote with your wallets too or else suck it up, stop complaining and realise you're not helping the situation or yourselves by continuing to buy their games and show them that it's ok to treat their customers like this.

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
6. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 22, 2015, 21:06 NamecaF

Hahaha. Suckers

Rockstar are the new Apple

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 20, 2015, 09:44 NamecaF

Actually states they were removed due to harassmentů

Yeah, "Harassment". Good one Blue.

FFS

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 02:04 NamecaF

Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 22:39:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 20:41:
Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:17:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 03:11:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 02:21:
NKD wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 23:44:
nin wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 21:19:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

Umm, I think you're the clueless one as that is not true at all.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

Well, Merriam Webster is an American dictionary and we all know Americans don't know proper English

But Oxford clearly defines a Shill as...

noun
1 An accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others: I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club figurative the agency is a shill for the nuclear power industry

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shill

You can be an accomplice without gaining any monetary reward.

Well it's a deal so some sort of reward is heavily implied, but it's not essential. I suppose the association is the key and Rockstar don't know nin exists, never mind working with him as an accomplice. Sorry dude, they don't love you back

I never said nin was a shill. In fact I dont agree with what NKD said. A fanboy? Sure. I was simply pointing out the fact that Agent.X7 was wrong and you dont have to be paid to be a shill

13. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 20:41 NamecaF

Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:17:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 03:11:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

Well, Merriam Webster is an American dictionary and we all know Americans don't know proper English

But Oxford clearly defines a Shill as...

noun
1 An accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others: I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club figurative the agency is a shill for the nuclear power industry

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shill

You can be an accomplice without gaining any monetary reward.

7. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 03:11 NamecaF

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 9, 2015, 21:30 NamecaF

Nope, I'm with you there  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
11. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 7, 2015, 04:57 NamecaF

Jesus you guys are cynical. Either you are too young or you're American and dont know your arse from your elbow.  

News Comments > etc.
26. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2015, 23:20 NamecaF

"Wah Wah, I'm offended. You're (insert whatever here)ist. Change it because we are an idiotic but vocal minority and believe no one anywhere should ever be offended or misinterpret anything or have a sense of humor."

"Well, I guess we better please these idiots."

WTF has happened?

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
6. Re: Aesop Games Interview: Being Denied Media Coverage For A Sociopolitical Stance - One Angry Gamer Mar 28, 2015, 20:43 NamecaF

This is what pisses me off about the "media/news". It's gone from reporting the news and facts, to pushing a one-sided narrative. It's happening more and more in all areas of the news, but with gaming websites it's a whole other level.

Stop censoring and twisting facts/quotes to suit your own bloody beliefs and position. Just present the facts and arguments from both sides in an unbiased way and let the readership make up it's own mind.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed Mar 23, 2015, 21:26 NamecaF

Is that Jonathan Banks doing the voice of Commissioner Gordon?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 22, 2015, 00:01 NamecaF

NKD wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 21:51:
It's surprising that I haven't really heard of gamers being gunned down in their homes by swatting. We've been very fortunate. There have been many incidents before where SWAT raids go horribly wrong and some person at the wrong address or some kid gets fuckin killed or maimed.

Only a matter of time before one of these things go badly and some streamer gets his head blown off by some piggly wiggly live on stream.

Something really needs to be done.

The blanket police bashing here is getting old.

I think it's more the case of under-training and using "part-time" SWAT teams that are the problem.

And thinking of SWAT teams as just a "civilian army" who always go in heavy-handed and shoot first, ask questions later is blatantly ignorant.

You can't send regular police to a hostage situation (which is what most of these "swatting" incidents are) and most full-time SWAT teams are extremely professional. For them, the best outcome is one where no shots are fired and everyone (including the suspect/s) comes out unharmed.

GrenadesNHam wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 22:30:
True military members cringe at their lack of professionalism.

What a stupid statement. I would say some law enforcement SWAT guys are more professional than some military guys. Most SWAT members especially are a lot more disciplined and less showboaty.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 18, 2015, 02:30 NamecaF

Ok, who's hijacked Cutter's account?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2015, 23:42 NamecaF

Fantaz wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 14:25:
oh damn, the new Thunderbirds looks like a crap kiddie show now...

Wasnt the original a show for kids too?

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha
10. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha Mar 13, 2015, 08:58 NamecaF

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 02:04:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 00:40:
A return to Rainbow Six 3? Tactical planning phase?

This game looks pretty different from RS3. IIRC this is multiplayer only, and very small restrictive but totally destructible environments. No running around in oil refineries or airports.

Yeah, from gameplay videos looks more like Counter Strike with barricade tools and destructibility and less like the old-school Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear/Raven Shield type of tactical shooter. Even Vegas was more truthful to the history than this, which is really a sad statement.

Very disappointing. Would love a new *proper* tactical shooter ala SWAT / Rainbow 6

News Comments > Australia Tries New Classification System
9. Re: Australia Tries New Classification System Mar 12, 2015, 00:35 NamecaF

Asmo wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 17:52:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 12:43:
Australia===Democracy gone wrong,very wrong.

Mostly because the average Australian is a "live and let live" type. Our "democracy" has been run mostly by vocal minorities and last minute vote grabs via electoral bribe (or, as is more common recently, revenge swings against odious policy/parties).

We've just had two state elections where a one term government has been tossed on their ass. Federally, it looks like the PM will also be a one termer (and Rudd/Gillard/Rudd only managed to scrape in for a second term as a minority government). The electorate has woken up to the fact that we can toss out shit politicians. Perhaps a few beatings at the polls will see a return to centrist sensible policy rather than the fucking stupidity we've had to deal with for so long.

Or not. They are politicians after all.

On topic, the chances are that this will probably allow a minor relaxation of stupidity like an "Aus" version of Saints Row 4 (the bits where you could sodomise ppl with the dildo bat, while censored, were a bridge too far for our classification board apparently).

The US & Canadia ESRB is a member, so I'd imagine this is probably a bit more permissive than the Aus standard.

^^^ Exactly this ^^^

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. removed Mar 11, 2015, 02:32 NamecaF

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 11, 2015, 09:30.

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 7, 2015, 00:57 NamecaF

I surprised anyone thought it WOULDN'T be shit. Neil Blomkamp has absolutely no talent other than passable CGI. He can't write for shit. He can't direct for shit. He honestly does not know how to make a good movie. Giving him Aliens would be a stupid idea.  

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
2. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 19:52 NamecaF

HL3 to be the Source Engine 2 launch title makes sense. Fingers crossed?  

200 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo