Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 145 (Novice)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 20, 2014, 23:08 NamecaF

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 17:45:
Fantaz wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 14:39:
"First iPhone 6 Sold In Australia Dropped On Live TV."

LOL!

Saw that and the owner should be pissed, opened the box properly and the device just popped out.

I know, how fucking ridiculous is the packaging for it? See how thick/deep the box is and the bloody phone is just sat right on top, flush with the edge so it just slides out? LOL

Apple sure aren't trying to hide how much they despise their customers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Dennis Haysbert Sep 18, 2014, 23:46 NamecaF

Shok wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 16:19:
24? To me he is forever typecast as the friggin Allstate guy/voice.

And to me he is forever Jonas Blane

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 17, 2014, 00:13 NamecaF

As much as I hate to say it, I dont think Death to Spies 3 is going to make it. Which is a shame, because it looks like a really good game (mash-up between Hitman and Splinter Cell? Perfect!)

I fear the fact its a Russian team making a game that focuses on you being a Communist spy assassinating Americans and carrying out missions against the west isn't exactly going to appeal to the narrow minded/wider gaming audience at large - but its interesting and different (which are what we need more of in gaming in my book).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Samsung Gear VR 'superior to first-gen Oculus', Climax claims Sep 15, 2014, 10:40 NamecaF

By "first-gen Oculus" do they mean the DK1 or the first commercial release that's coming post-DK2? If it's the former then big-whoop. If it's the latter, how can they qualify that? Have all the details on games/developers/hardware, etc on the commercial Oculus Rift been locked down and released already?

Edit: The Sad, Inevitable Oculus Rift Boob-Grabbing Game Is Here.

Is it racist that I immediately *knew* it would be a Japanese game? Or just one of those cases where stereotypes are completely valid?

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2014, 11:00.

News Comments > AU Game Price Inflation
3. Re: AU Game Price Inflation Sep 12, 2014, 10:07 NamecaF

InBlack wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 09:52:
Well the exchange rate between the US dollar and the AU dollar is like 1:1.1 so that cant be it....

Maybe the Aussies really implemented a new kind of tax on games?

Nope, there's no new tax or any other official government stated price rise. The "Australia Tax" is just a phrase/name thats been adopted because it seems like everything from electronic goods, to clothes, to movies, software, games, etc is HEAVILY marked up for no other reason than they can.

It has nothing to do with the government or anyone other than the publishers/distributors, etc. They decide Australians should pay more - even for digital products that dont have any additional "overheads" or import duties/taxes put on them because they've been getting away with it for decades.

It was noted recently that it was actually cheaper to buy a ticket, fly to the USA, buy an Adobe product and fly back than it was to buy the Adobe software in a retail store in Australia. Think that's fair?

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
8. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:40 NamecaF

This cant be true, can it? I mean the ludicrous hypocrisy and double-standards if true is just utterly amazing.

After publicly spitting the dummy and shaming and calling a boycott on Oculus Rift for "selling out" after being acquired by Facebook, to then turn around sell out yourself (to Microsoft of all companies!) is just too hilarious to be true.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: A Superhero of Sorts in a Hunt for Artifacts Sep 9, 2014, 10:03 NamecaF

BioShock Big Daddy IRL is cool. Just as long as they dont start making creepy little zombie girls next  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Australian Online TV Streaming up to 431% More Expensive Than US Sep 9, 2014, 09:51 NamecaF

The smart ones just torrent them  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 02:28 NamecaF

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 00:27:
Well this is really.. not surprising news

They should have made Fallout 4...

ZeniMax Online != Bethesda Game Studios

They both fall under the umbrella of ZeniMax Media, but ZeniMax Online was created specifically for ESO and I assume other MMO/Online games had it done well.

Hopefully Bethesda are working on Fallout 4 right now.

News Comments > Uncut Left 4 Dead 2 Cleared in AU
10. Re: Uncut Left 4 Dead 2 Cleared in AU Sep 2, 2014, 20:41 NamecaF

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:42:
Isn't this too little too late? Are there still people on this planet that did not play L4D2 ?

Yeah kinda pointless now, as most either (A) used back-channels and bought the "uncensored" US version or (B) used an unofficial "patch" (like left4gore/left4uncut) to restore the gore.

I guess this just makes it "official" then? Meh.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 10:33 NamecaF

InBlack wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:00:
Aother Sarkeesian article, well she is definitely getting a whole lot more exposure, thanks to the death threat trolls or whatever.

Anita 1:0 Internet Dumbasses

So here is an idea, why dont we all STFU, let her have her say, and maybe just maybe people will catch on after a while that she is just another glorified critic trying hard to make a nice big juicy buck. Everyone smearing her all the time is just playing right into her hand.

I think you're giving people too much credit mate

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 NamecaF

Haha. What's with all these Gar(r)ys in games these days  

News Comments > GOG.com Revamped
7. Re: GOG.com Revamped Aug 27, 2014, 23:14 NamecaF

In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

That is just Awesome! Fuck you Australia tax

News Comments > Saturday Previews
11. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 24, 2014, 05:20 NamecaF

Cabezone wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 21:53:
Obsidian consistently makes good/great games...yeah fuck those guys.

Yeah, Alpha Protocol was the shit Rolleyes

News Comments > SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement
13. Re: SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement Aug 13, 2014, 05:23 NamecaF

robdot wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 12:05:
watchdogs next i guess.

TheWorse mod with Maldo textures fixes it, but yeah I could see that.

Just about every publisher/developer uses "bullshots" and awesome looking "tweaked gameplay" or "vertical slice" trailers to market their games these days... so just about every game could technically be guilty of the same thing.

It's a bullshit practice that definitely needs to stop.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 9, 2014, 00:03 NamecaF

Fucking religion. Until it's outlawed globally, there will never be peace.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 2, 2014, 20:15 NamecaF

Saboth wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 18:44:
Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 16:15:
Don't fly drones over our police stations. We do that to you, it shouldn't happen the other way around. Trust us, we're the good guys.

Every cop should have to wear 2 cameras on their person, with a front and rear facing camera in their car while on duty. Strange that cops don't want to be recorded. Wouldn't you want evidence of crimes, crime scenes and arrests for trial? Why should a trial have just the verbal recollection of a cop's memories for something that may have happened 1-2 years ago? Unless they have something to hide...

I dont know about 2 cameras, but some states in Australia are trialing Google Glass type cameras on cops to record everything they see, do and say (including what offenders and witnesses do and say). It's a win-win I say.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 2, 2014, 00:48 NamecaF

Techie714 wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 19:49:
YES!! I've been wanting that for awhile. I can careless about Google + but really love the photo options in Android app.

So you do care a little bit?

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 31, 2014, 21:55 NamecaF

Red Faction Guerrilla uses Games for Windows Live doesnt it? If the devs havent done anything to switch it over to something else, it'll be unplayable when GFWL shuts down wont it?  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 31, 2014, 21:41 NamecaF

Bizzare.  

145 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo