Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 157 (Novice)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 16, 2014, 02:59 NamecaF

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 23:28:
I'll just live life as if Last of Us doesn't exist.

You're really missing out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew Trailer
8. Re: The Crew Trailer Nov 13, 2014, 23:46 NamecaF

Rhett wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 21:04:
Wow, I thought this was some kind of shooter. I guess I was wrong.

Funny. I too could have sworn there was a third person shooter called The Crew a couple of years back but I cant find any reference to it in a quick google search.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Windows 8: Why Microsoft's giant gamble didn't pay off Nov 13, 2014, 23:16 NamecaF

Two words; Hubris and Incompetence.  

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
8. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 12, 2014, 22:29 NamecaF

jomisab wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 21:37:
Wow, they are so full of it.

I think TotalBiscuit says it best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpzT5V5Mgs

Forcing players to spend real money to unlock and upgrade shit in a singleplayer game?

"So I 'hack' this weapon - it took me a full minute to upgrade the damn thing.

I was stuck in the waiting menu as the online server said 'yep, ok. You have the right amount of this currency, lets just communicate via carrier pidgeon in order to make sure you're not getting something in this game that we dont want you to have.'

Bloody hell! I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to input a creditcard"

What. The. Fuck.

I'm not going to even give them benefit of buying this at bargain basement price in the eventual sales. Fuck 'em.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
14. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 20:19 NamecaF

I called this ages ago. Surprised its taken this long.

The whole move to Steam and online clients for gaming has been a fucking death nail for consumer rights and ownership from the beginning. You no longer get to own the product you originally paid for and have no guarantee you will always be able to access it for the rest of your life.

Mark my words, this is just the beginning. It sets a precedent and other publishers/developers will start doing similar shit with their games too.

As sad as it is, that's why I always copy and backup my entire games library and always make sure I have corresponding "cracks" - so I have ultimate control over *what* I have and when/where/how I choose to access and run them (without any fucked up DRM, spying or tampering from cunts like valve or the publishers/developers).

Fuck 'em

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Microsoft withdraws another buggy update. Patch Tuesday & Unpatch Wednesday Oct 19, 2014, 21:12 NamecaF

Seriously! I've had to stop even bothering to install them after the last 3+ lots have all caused serious issues. Potentially leaving me open to security issues (hope my firewall and AV are more than up to the task).

Are they doing this on purpose to force us to upgrade to Windows 8? I wouldn't put it past them... pricks.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 21:01 NamecaF

Ah Bono, aiming to rid world poverty by being paid 10s of millions of dollars for shitty music. Wanker.  

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
84. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 21:09 NamecaF

Why is everyone blaming Bethesda? It's clearly nothing to do with them

Shinji Mikami and the team at Tango designed The Evil Within to be played at 30fps and to utilize an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 for all platforms

If anything, I'd say Bethesda made them implement console commands so PC players could disable the letterboxing, use higher resolutions, etc

Blame the fuckstick designers/developers. Not Bethesda.

News Comments > Game Reviews
20. Re: Game Reviews Oct 5, 2014, 00:37 NamecaF

Beamer wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 00:33:
NamecaF wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 00:15:
Prez wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 15:39:
Allow me to point out that here is a AAA game with a strong (and fully dressed) female protaganist. Now I'll shut up.

Of course, Beamer and the rest wont acknowledge that though

No one ever said they don't exist, but keep misunderstanding the argument. Here's one of how many released of late?

So when will you be happy Beamer? When every single game makes females Alyx Vance?

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Oct 5, 2014, 00:15 NamecaF

Prez wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 15:39:
Allow me to point out that here is a AAA game with a strong (and fully dressed) female protaganist. Now I'll shut up.

Of course, Beamer and the rest wont acknowledge that though

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 11:40 NamecaF

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 11:19:
Kicking your customers square in the teeth and telling them they're worthless is always a smart move. Gamasutra should give Alexander a raise.

Seems to work for Apple Wink

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 24, 2014, 00:30 NamecaF

Their 3rd prototype unit looks just like the trident goggles in Splinter Cell. Way cooler looking than the brick box they're all going with now.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 20, 2014, 23:08 NamecaF

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 17:45:
Fantaz wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 14:39:
"First iPhone 6 Sold In Australia Dropped On Live TV."

LOL!

Saw that and the owner should be pissed, opened the box properly and the device just popped out.

I know, how fucking ridiculous is the packaging for it? See how thick/deep the box is and the bloody phone is just sat right on top, flush with the edge so it just slides out? LOL

Apple sure aren't trying to hide how much they despise their customers.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Dennis Haysbert Sep 18, 2014, 23:46 NamecaF

Shok wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 16:19:
24? To me he is forever typecast as the friggin Allstate guy/voice.

And to me he is forever Jonas Blane

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 17, 2014, 00:13 NamecaF

As much as I hate to say it, I dont think Death to Spies 3 is going to make it. Which is a shame, because it looks like a really good game (mash-up between Hitman and Splinter Cell? Perfect!)

I fear the fact its a Russian team making a game that focuses on you being a Communist spy assassinating Americans and carrying out missions against the west isn't exactly going to appeal to the narrow minded/wider gaming audience at large - but its interesting and different (which are what we need more of in gaming in my book).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Samsung Gear VR 'superior to first-gen Oculus', Climax claims Sep 15, 2014, 10:40 NamecaF

By "first-gen Oculus" do they mean the DK1 or the first commercial release that's coming post-DK2? If it's the former then big-whoop. If it's the latter, how can they qualify that? Have all the details on games/developers/hardware, etc on the commercial Oculus Rift been locked down and released already?

Edit: The Sad, Inevitable Oculus Rift Boob-Grabbing Game Is Here.

Is it racist that I immediately *knew* it would be a Japanese game? Or just one of those cases where stereotypes are completely valid?

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2014, 11:00.

News Comments > AU Game Price Inflation
3. Re: AU Game Price Inflation Sep 12, 2014, 10:07 NamecaF

InBlack wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 09:52:
Well the exchange rate between the US dollar and the AU dollar is like 1:1.1 so that cant be it....

Maybe the Aussies really implemented a new kind of tax on games?

Nope, there's no new tax or any other official government stated price rise. The "Australia Tax" is just a phrase/name thats been adopted because it seems like everything from electronic goods, to clothes, to movies, software, games, etc is HEAVILY marked up for no other reason than they can.

It has nothing to do with the government or anyone other than the publishers/distributors, etc. They decide Australians should pay more - even for digital products that dont have any additional "overheads" or import duties/taxes put on them because they've been getting away with it for decades.

It was noted recently that it was actually cheaper to buy a ticket, fly to the USA, buy an Adobe product and fly back than it was to buy the Adobe software in a retail store in Australia. Think that's fair?

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
8. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:40 NamecaF

This cant be true, can it? I mean the ludicrous hypocrisy and double-standards if true is just utterly amazing.

After publicly spitting the dummy and shaming and calling a boycott on Oculus Rift for "selling out" after being acquired by Facebook, to then turn around sell out yourself (to Microsoft of all companies!) is just too hilarious to be true.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: A Superhero of Sorts in a Hunt for Artifacts Sep 9, 2014, 10:03 NamecaF

BioShock Big Daddy IRL is cool. Just as long as they dont start making creepy little zombie girls next  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Australian Online TV Streaming up to 431% More Expensive Than US Sep 9, 2014, 09:51 NamecaF

The smart ones just torrent them  

157 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo