Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 99 (Suspect)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 15, 2014, 22:57 NamecaF

Yeah. Plus isn't the whole theme of Watch Dogs meant to be about how we as a society are relying too much on technology and "always being connected"? Giving them all tablets/smart-phones kinda seems hypocritical or at least ignorant, doesn't it?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 30, 2014, 03:02 NamecaF

He sounds like a bit of a wanker actually. He reminds me a lot of a couple of guys I used to go to school with.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
7. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 28, 2014, 00:04 NamecaF

Grumpy Sod wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 14:28:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 13:56:
I am IRONBAT!

Except isn't that looking like it's one of the bad guys, not bats?

Yeah, I believe that's the main antagonist of the game, who's name of course is "Arkham Knight" Rolleyes Looks sort of like a Deathstroke crossed with Azrael - a Batman wannabe without the morals and sissy fear of guns perhaps?

I hope he's not just another 2 dimensional villain bent on "killing the Bat" or taking over Gotham/Arkham and is instead a flawed anti-hero that blames Batman for his morals and black-and-white sense of right and wrong.

Always annoyed the hell out of me that Batman refused to kill anyone and just preferred to continue going through the cycle of catch villain, send villain to prison, villain escapes, rinse, repeat ad infinitum. If Batman just killed the fuckers, Gotham would be a lot better off (and a lot more innocent citizens would be alive)

And I wonder if that's meant to be Oracle Bats is talking to on the holo-comm on his wrist. Havent seen or heard her mentioned in any of the previous Arkham games, have we?

And as for the car, I agree it's a bit ugly. It looks like they tried to take inspiration from the Tumbler from the Nolan movies, but it hasn't quite made the translation. I always prefered the long sleek batmobiles myself.

News Comments > World of Tanks Visual Improvements Planned
8. Re: World of Tanks Visual Improvements Planned Mar 22, 2014, 08:52 NamecaF

LanikTnt wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 07:20:
What is with that dude's hat and is he wearing a bike lock around his neck?

It looks like a Ruskie tank crew cap with built-in comms. That thing hanging down his neck is the comms cable.

News Comments > THIEF Patch & Tips
15. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 9, 2014, 23:06 NamecaF

I dont understand you guys sometimes. Everyone poo-pooed this game before it was released. And when it was released, reviews said it was bad... and yet you all still buy/play it? Confused  

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
34. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 00:31 NamecaF

I thought maybe the delay might have been to rewrite some of the story/missions and incorporate some of the NSA/PRISM stuff after the whole Snowden leak.

But now I'm a bit worried after seeing those GIFs. If they are accurate then... Fuck

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
9. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Mar 5, 2014, 03:04 NamecaF

Panickd wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 21:24:
They need to raise the bar for making it through Greenlight. Or just accept that Steam is going to look like the Google Play store.

I couldn't agree more

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Assange's Ghostwriter Tears Him Apart Feb 25, 2014, 05:53 NamecaF

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Assange is an egotistical, hypocritical wanker

Cant wait for everyone to come out of the woodwork and try to defend him

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 21, 2014, 20:33 NamecaF

jdreyer wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 19:34:
Axis wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 14:17:
And we cant totally trust scientists, you know the guys who say whatever the gov't wants them to say so they can get funding...

Then again, people like cutter have no idea how the real world works.

but the problem is Obama and 'his advisers' have no clue across the board, this is just a drop in the ocean of buffoonery...

Why equivocate? Just be a man and say it: "We can't trust scientists at all!" You know you want to.

And speaking of not knowing how the world works, 90% of scientific research is not funded by the government. So, I guess you'd say that we can't really totally completely entirely totally (did I say that already?) trust that 10% of scientists?

And 90% of statistics are made up

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 10, 2014, 20:29 NamecaF

HP are a pack of bastards.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2014, 20:36.

News Comments > First-Person Puzzle Game Concept Trailer
8. Re: First-Person Puzzle Game Concept Trailer Jan 9, 2014, 23:29 NamecaF

Bloody brilliant.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2014, 23:05 NamecaF

Yeah, Google's whole 'do no evil' thing is pretty much laughable now. They're getting worse than Microsoft re: pushing shit and invading people's privacy.  

News Comments > Hitman Game Not Cancelled
4. Re: Hitman Game Not Cancelled Jan 6, 2014, 23:33 NamecaF

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:44:
But will they learn NOT to put in x-ray and panther vision this time?

You know, you dont have to use it

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2014, 21:14 NamecaF

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 16:13:
So updating things is now worth a patent? Are you fucking kidding me? And what they're proposing is asinine beyond belief. Want to increase longevity? Put in editors and/or map randomizers with your games.

+1

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
11. Re: You dont own that game! Jan 2, 2014, 12:25 NamecaF

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:07:
What the hell is up with all these games disappearing? This is VERY concerning for Steam users. Can you imagine a world where one day EA/Activision, etc. REMOVE a game from your Steam library because you no longer have license rights to play it? That would suck!

Oh it already happened....
Steam removed "Order of War" from people who purchased it....Google it

That's what I've been saying for ages. This whole move from physical to digital where you dont own anything but rather are loaned a license which can be taken away at whim is one of the worst things to happen to gaming in recent years. Convenience is great, but at what cost?

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
29. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 2, 2014, 00:29 NamecaF

Is it just me, or does it seem like there's been a recent influx of whackos posting comments on Blues lately?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 30, 2013, 22:34 NamecaF

Mine was a Commodore 64. When it took half an hour to load a game from tape  

News Comments > Friday Metaverse
2. Re: Friday Metaverse Dec 27, 2013, 17:40 NamecaF

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 13:52:
Internet Archive puts classic 70s and 80s games online.

The other day, my internal monologue was saying, "I really miss Pong. Wish I could play that again." And now, presto!

Can you do us a favor and internally say to yourself "I wish that NamecaF wins $4,000,000 in tonight's lotto"?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 17, 2013, 23:13 NamecaF

I much prefer the days of physical over digital.

1a. You owned something physical, not just an intangible "license"
1b. Which grants you additional legal rights (at least here in Australia) including consumer rights so you're entitled to refunds (unlike Steam)
2. You always had access to the game/files forever. They couldn't be revoked or pulled or disabled like digital games/files can!
3. Quicker to copy and install (than download a 20gb game)
4. Doesnt use up your bandwidth and broadband quota
5. Could be lent to a friend or easily installed on your second PC/laptop

The only drawback to physical was in relation to having to always have the disc in your drive to play the game (legally-gray "cracks" were always a good way to circumvent this though)

Digital is just convenient - but by no means better IMHO.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Big POSTAL 2 Update Dec 13, 2013, 22:02 NamecaF

* Added an option for micro-transactions!
You can now buy Champ new outfits for 10 bucks a piece, or pay for a 50 bucks season pass to obtain them all as they become available, before you've even seen what they are. Now you can really dress in style and so can Champ too! (Just kiddin’, but it shows the sad state of the industry when you probably half believed that whilst reading it.)

So true. "Micro-transactions" and DLC need to die. Bring back expansions or offer more/significant features and better value "DLC"!

God I hate publishers and arrogant devs who abhor their customers.

99 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo