Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1819 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row 4 "Low Violence" Edition Plans?
16. Re: Saints Row 4 Jul 3, 2013, 02:11 NegaDeath

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 01:31:
"low violence"? FUCK THAT SHIT!@

Won't someone please think of the children!?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2013, 19:27 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 17:50:
So you think he was so sloppy at pulling the data, that he would have been caught in short order, thus he outed himself?

I think they'd find him no matter what he did.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 19:22 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 18:58:
I've never understood why people want flying cars. Look at average moron on the road in front or behind you. (or, God forbid, right next to you.)
Creston

You are correct of course so this kind of transit system would have to be at least partially automated, if not completely. The benefits are pretty easy to spot: faster transit times, less space taken up by pavement, reduced reliance on shitty airlines, reduced traffic congestion, and by probable extension of the technology itself - reduced fossil fuel use.

The level of technology needed to be able to safely create a transit system like that is of course so mechanically impossible right now that there is little point discussing it outside of science fiction.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 17:05 NegaDeath

Hoop wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 16:52:
What! ... your telling me you have'nt received the zxg32 lift-n-shift hover drive?
I'm dumb founded... hang on I'll just land so I can send you off a more detailed e-mail.

Ignore him, I can get you a better deal on a flying car. So long as there are absolutely no followup questions like "how long does it stay in the air?" and "does it have smooth landings?".

Drive home a Ford Catapultra today!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2013, 17:03 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 15:07:
Well, he was the one who came out. His choice. What the hell was he thinking?

I really wish he hadn't. Stupid. Now, instead of talking about the spying, everyone is talking about him. It's a huge distraction. If the gov't is going to suffer leaks, this is how they want it to go down: comes out, then immediately focus shifts to some other unimportant aspect of it. It plays right into their hands.

They would have figured out it was him in short order, government may suck at protecting info proactively but when something does leak they switch gears pretty quick. And until they figured out who did it the media would focus on "the hunt". Then when his name is released he now has the easily exploitable character flaw of hiding his actions added to fleeing the country, a double whammy for the sheeple. When the media is so desperate to change the topic to him that they interview his brothers cousins nephews babysitters roomate to get a scoop nothing he did would matter in the end. Imo.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 2, 2013, 15:22 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 15:01:
Mattrick: "Zynga has yet to realize its full potential".

You could pay me a couple mil to say that too.

Its true though. There are literally tons of occupations they haven't added "ville" to yet. There are a bunch of mobile developers they haven't blatantly ripped off yet either. So much room for growth.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
37. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 2, 2013, 15:19 NegaDeath

Verno wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 15:02:
Bing Ads on the Office Ribbon, comin up!

Don't worry, the Office Ribbon is DLC now anyways. The new "Metro" configuration uses gestures. Swipe right and then up 11cm to change to size 11 font, up 14cm for size 14 font, and so on. To create a text box simply draw a square....while holding ctrl-shift-printscrn. Its super intuitive.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 2, 2013, 14:42 NegaDeath

Oooh, this takes me back to some very old message board arguments.

But yes the GC was a great little system. The stuff Factor 5 (RIP) pulled off was amazing for that gen.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 13:21 NegaDeath

nin wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 13:07:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 12:56:
Just got an email from Ubisoft claiming they were compromised and that I should change my password. Damn email looks like a phishing attempt but I think it's legit.

I got one, too, just sent it in...I'm not clicking the links, but I'll figure out how to change my password tonight (through the web site, not from email link).

Joystiq is reporting it now.

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
56. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 30, 2013, 04:14 NegaDeath

nin wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 03:47:
I thought the initial pitch video he did included him demoing it with a gamepad, but I could be wrong...

No you're right he was using a gamepad during the demo to control the on-foot movement and the directional controls of the ship. He also had 2 keyboards on his desk that he might have been using for other commands, we didn't get many shots of his hands once he was playing. With the complexity he's aiming for it just isn't feasible to go controller only. For example there was one video from GDC where he said it'd be possible to manually disable some maneuvering thrusters to allow complex flight maneuvers.

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
54. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 30, 2013, 03:05 NegaDeath

El Pit wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 01:35:
I haven't bought that game yet, and if it's built around a console controller, I sure as hell won't.

I'd say its far more likely that he was using a 360 controller + keyboard mode. There's also a shot of a flight stick on his desk as well so we don't know what the preferred input method is. I know there are people who turn their nose at the mere sight of controller support, to that I say:

I played TIE Fighter with a Gravis Gamepad.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds
29. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds Jun 28, 2013, 14:06 NegaDeath

Kristian Joensen wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 13:34:
I agree with the last bit with one exception. Half-Life 2 requiring Steam was what made Steam so popular. Half-Life 3 being console exclusive to a Steambox MAY do the same.

When Half Life 2 came out literally everyone hated Steam and for good reason. It was only when it evolved past a buggy Launcher/DRM check/Server browser into a PC gaming service that people started to like it.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds
19. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds Jun 28, 2013, 11:22 NegaDeath

Not getting my hopes up. Not again.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded Jun 27, 2013, 22:43 NegaDeath

I too played this at a far too young age and found it hilarious. Might take a look.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 27, 2013, 22:02 NegaDeath

.............what!?  

News Comments > Atlus Parent Files for Bankruptcy; Faces Fraud Charges
6. Re: Atlus Parent Files for Bankruptcy; Faces Fraud Charges Jun 27, 2013, 12:21 NegaDeath

Dagnabit. One of the few companies who takes chances bringing over "niche" stuff.  

News Comments > Steam Trading Cards Launch
5. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 16:48 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 16:34:
And so came to be, Steam Trading Cards became available to everyone, heralding the start of a new Age of Poverty. For whenever such an event has come to pass, it has always foretold the coming of the dreaded Steam Sale, bane to savings accounts everywhere.

Huh, that might explain why my wallet was cowering in a corner this morning.

So I start out at level 10....whatever that means. I need, nay, demand some Final Fantasy style victory music.

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
9. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jun 26, 2013, 15:51 NegaDeath

You have to download the drivers to install them so why is this an issue in the first place?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 26, 2013, 15:26 NegaDeath

This is the first I've heard of this guy. I'm a very calm reserved person but even I'd have the urge to deck the guy if he did that to me.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2013, 14:58 NegaDeath

Firefox 22 is out and on my work machine it has massively inflated everything to look like its made by Fisher Price, and apparently I'm not alone with the problem. Thanks guys, keep up the good work.  

1819 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo