Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1761 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2013, 17:18 NegaDeath

Imprisoning that many people should be a crime in itself. Unless your looking for a source of cheap labor that is. But the US abandoned that system long ago and......no wait never mind they actually are doing that.

Sometimes I'm amazed the US government hasn't been burned to the ground. But then my government is only a couple decades behind you in implementing this stuff so who am I to talk?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 10, 2013, 17:10 NegaDeath

Its always a treat when the boss says "we need to use the cloud".  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 22:58 NegaDeath

Redmask wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 20:07:
They can make good looking games without next gen hardware, look at what they got out of this generation. The quality of the game is what matters, if you want visual stimulation without any depth then go play Battlefield or something. Nintendo's games are some of the best looking around in terms of visual appeal and aesthetics despite being technically inferior to other game engines. That's what people buy Nintendo systems for, Nintendo games. They don't buy them for Mass Effect 3, that's just a possible bonus.

Modern visuals and game quality are not mutually exclusive. The NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube had both. Weak hardware constricts game development in more ways than visuals. There is nothing special about Nintendo that gives them a free pass to take the lazy route. Judging by the anemic WiiU sales the market seems to agree.

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 19:59 NegaDeath

Tom wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:14:
Not sure why everyone is always saying the Wii U is underpowered. ZombiU looks good and plays smooth at 1080p. I tried the demo and it was reasonably fun and innovative, just not my type of game unfortunately.

It's underpowered because it's launching with specs far too close to the current gen consoles despite having 5-6 years of tech improvements to take advantage of. It will not be able to handle ports of the new consoles games without drastic modification. Its a repeat of the Wii situation.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
75. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 16:22 NegaDeath

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the GTA series. But this looks gooood.  

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 15:50 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:31:
I really don't see how the Wii U recovers from this. Nintendo needs to come out with new hardware ASAP (WITH proper dev tools) and a cloud/social solution to allow players to more easily do multiplayer and download games and content. At this point they should go with PC hardware. Then they can have their first party Nintendo exclusives, AND port over 3rd party titles with ease.

Not happening, we have precedent on how rapid hardware releases kills your brand with the 32X/Saturn debacle. Compelling software combined with a price cut is the only way out, and that won't be until next year. I think we can all agree it won't have another 8 year life cycle though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2013, 12:55 NegaDeath

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:15:
Jesus that's insane, it says I will need 3000 hours to beat everything. I wish I never looked

I guess it includes a lot of stuff I bought but didn't end up liking though. Damned Steam sales

3600 here for completion. Is there a Steam Sales Anonymous? I...I think I have a problem. Cry

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 17:18 NegaDeath

PHJF wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:48:
People like to jump on your shit for your conservative-leaning rhetoric, but man alive I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna end you for this one. I was a boy poster child for Nintendo but even I realized how ridiculously better the PSX/PS2 libraries were.

Sorry but I agree with him. At my place there was a lot of multiplayer gaming going on and the N64/GC absolutely crushed the PS1/PS2 in that area. I actually miss those day, online gaming just isn't the same.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2013, 17:51.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 8, 2013, 14:41 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 13:44:
Microsoft and Zynga, two great tastes that taste great together?

I'm thinking orange mint toothpaste.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 12:35 NegaDeath

I'm a longtime Ninty fan but there really is no excuse for this. Unprepared? You had years to study the rest of the industries transition to HD. You have ridiculous amounts of cash sitting in the bank that could have been used to beef up your departments. I guess when your printing money you don't think much of the future. And while your complaining about having to catch up to everyone else, everyone else is ready to leapfrog ahead again. This company can be so stupid sometimes.  

News Comments > Brain Overclocking Headset
10. Re: Brain Overclocking Headset Jul 5, 2013, 13:11 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 12:19:
Next will be the penis overclocking model.

Gentlemen, we can enhance him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic lover.

News Comments > Brain Overclocking Headset
6. Re: Brain Overclocking Headset Jul 5, 2013, 11:12 NegaDeath

I'm pretty sure that voids the warranty.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2013, 01:30 NegaDeath

Picked up Rogue Legacy today too. Went in for a quick 15 minute test run.....3 hours later I've killed so many members of the family that I should be in front of a UN war crimes tribunal. Good times.  

News Comments > Independence Day Consolidation
40. Re: Independence Day Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 19:59 NegaDeath

wtf_man wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 19:50:
That video made me want to throw up. Puke

I forced myself to watch all of it. I had a wtf face the entire time. I don't know if this "feature" will be part of the One since its a 2 year old video. The fact there are people working there who think its a good idea is enough to keep me away.

Adbox One, no thank you.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII
24. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII Jul 4, 2013, 18:36 NegaDeath

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 18:10:
The emulated PSX version is a 1000x better, due to graphical mods you can install. You couldn't pay me to play this half-assed 15 year old port

The PC version had even more mod support in addition to graphic enhancements not possible via emulation. Still not justifying purchasing a DRM laced lazy port but this PC version will be the best looking one.

18. Re: Independence Day Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 13:54 NegaDeath

Tom wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 12:06:
Ok, I RTFA AND the source it links to and I'm having a tough time understanding how "[Xbox One] is going to have advertising in mind" (what they actually said) equals "Xbox One is built for advertising" (what you said they said).

Technically I said what the website said that they said, and I think the site made an accurate paraphrase. But I do stand corrected Microsoft did not say specifically its "built for advertising".

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2013, 15:30.

17. Re: Independence Day Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 13:53 NegaDeath

*double post*  

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
4. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 11:54 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 11:10:
When you invent a way to send actual stuff with actual weight across email, please let me and everyone else know.

Creston

Exactly, how else will I send explosives by mail?

lol jk

*arrested*

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII Jul 4, 2013, 11:48 NegaDeath

Supposedly the PC "remake" has some visual upgrades like upscaled FMV, better textures and the addition of a Z-buffer which gets rid of the PS1's shaky polygon issue.

I'm still meh on the whole thing.

3. Re: Independence Day Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 11:22 NegaDeath

Despite all the missteps MS has made these last few months I still can't believe they let an employee utter the words "Xbox One is built for advertising" to a website. They had to have known how badly that will be interpreted right? Or do they not realize? Or don't care? I'm not sure which is worse.  

1761 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo