Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2086 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Into the Black Mar 7, 2015, 00:29 NegaDeath

Still using 2.2.1 here as well. There's a few private trackers I use that won't even allow recent versions. When this gets too old I'll switch to qbitorrent, or whatever the best alternative is at the time. utorrent seems to have abandoned it's original promise.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 6, 2015, 13:45 NegaDeath

Task wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:15:
Something, something confirmed?

Team Fortress 2 - Hat Edition. Explore the exciting virtual world of paying for and then wearing hats.

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
18. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 13:24 NegaDeath

It'd take a special kind of dumb to try and bill PC gamers for half-baked Xbox Live features a second time around, so this isn't surprising. I know it's Microsoft and all but.....never mind they probably would try it again.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 11:06 NegaDeath

She did warn him that bucket of bolts would never make it past the blockade.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
25. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2015, 19:24 NegaDeath

Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:11:
in Canada game prices went up to $74.99 now, so it would be $150 + 13% tax here for everything.
highway robbery!

The SP campaign is about a group of robbers trying to steal enough money to be able purchase the game they're starring in.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2015, 17:34 NegaDeath

shihonage wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 17:06:
Spoken like a true proletariat stooge. Lenin used low-information voters like you to create a revolution in my home country. Now Obama's using people like you for a soft coup. Some things never change.

It was only a matter of time until someone invoked Godwin's l....wait did you say Lenin? Well that's different.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 27, 2015, 15:46 NegaDeath

We played a lot of that one, though it was the crappier SNES version. Good times.  

36. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 14:26 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 13:33:
Take the color test I linked. I'm curious to see the results. Because if you're not color blind either than it has to be a monitor contrast issue.

10 out of 10. Tried the picture on both my desktop monitor in natural light and my phone in artificial light, looks identical.

Edit: This reminds me of when I was a kid and a buddy and I discovered a 3d stereogram image making program on a BBS. We made what I saw was a spike coming out of the screen. He saw a narrow pit going into the screen. It was as wtf then as it is now. Still neat though, I like this brain perception stuff.

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 14:03:
He lived long, and prospered.

And he created the most memorable alien in TV/Movie history. The world is richer for him having been in it.

I can't help but hear the funeral theme from Wrath of Khan right now. Sad day. Salute

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2015, 14:34.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 12:48 NegaDeath

It looks absolutely white and gold while standing in a blue light here. The picture that makes it look more white looks like someone is fixing the influence of the blue light, everything else looks like a butchered photoshop or a different dress entirely. My brain just won't accept anything else. I can sorta understand how people are seeing blue but I don't get the black at all. Neat stuff.

Edit: Nimoy. Godamnit. RIP.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2015, 13:14.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 12:14 NegaDeath

I've tried to ignore this for months but it just won't die will it? Destiny, a game as close to gender neutral as you can get (without removing human characters entirely), still fails the test because of a sitting animation. Christ. It seems like this won't go away until characters are all genderless blobs.

If you don't like the product the market is making then make a competing product. If the market wants it the market will move towards it. I can't think of nice things to say otherwise so I'll stop here.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2015, 10:11 NegaDeath

“The FCC’s decision to grant the petitions of Chattanooga, Tennessee and Wilson, North Carolina is a troubling power grab,”

Was going to post the same response below but someone beat me to it:
"It's like watching a 6th grade bully telling a high school kid to go pick on someone his own size, when the high school kid interrupts the 6th grader from beating up a 3rd grader."

Bang on. Stop obstructing my ability to obstruct others!

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 16:36 NegaDeath

BobBob wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 16:23:
Is my comparison flawed or over-simplified?

No you're spot on. You just haven't been given a sack full of green incentives to think differently, or you don't blindly subscribe to the "regulation bad rabble rabble" crowd.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details
25. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:56 NegaDeath

Preloaded last night, will give it a try when I get home. Never played the original before but the rave reviews of the original from people here sold me on it. Looks like I'll be popping my homeworld cherry tonight.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
44. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 16:13 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 13:33:
I don't think whether it was intentional has anything to do with it, it's still false advertising. And while everyone and sundry keeps going "Who the hell buys a card based on # of ROP?" that's beside the point. If you say your card has 64 ROP, it needs to have 64 ROP, not 56. If you say your card has 2MB of L2 cache, it needs to have 2MB of L2 cache, not 1.75.

Oh I don't disagree, in the end however it was done they screwed up and should do something about it. I'm just trying to argue against the notion of a guy sitting up at Nvidia HQ stroking his old-timey villain mustache while cackling at the people who fell for their nefarious plot to sell cards with .5GB of slow Ram. I have yet to decide if this villain sounds like Skeletor or Dr Claw.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 14:07 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 11:21:
?

I'm pretty sure the shut down is just that, a shut down. I've shut 8.1 down and pulled the power to open the case and mess around a bit inside, then when it comes back on, it boots at the same speed?

Windows 8+ uses a new mode called hybrid shutdown. It's like a partial powerless hibernate. When you force a classic cold start it takes longer to start, though it is still faster than 7 thanks to the more modern UEFI support.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2015, 13:56 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 11:37:
Really? And people shunning contact with law enforcement is abnormal is it?

That sounds like resistance. Taze him!

Now tell us you love us.

34. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 13:29 NegaDeath

LurkerLito wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 13:02:
That is the claim by Nvidia, but IMHO that's a lie. A miscommunication is something that gets corrected very quickly not 4+ months after the release date.

How is it guaranteed they would have caught the error? The same internal flaw that allowed the error to be published would also allow it to go unnoticed. The memory thing didn't even show up in any of the independent benchmarks at launch that would have triggered an internal review. And lying about this gains them nothing. I'm all for holding companies accountable but there's zero evidence of intentional false advertising here.

22. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 11:53 NegaDeath

Jamil20 wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 10:58:
I actually think this probably was some miscommunication between marketing and engineering and not some intentional attempt at deception. That said, the 970 is no slouch. I would like to get one, but the 770 fits the bill for now. Looking forward to Pascal.

Agreed, it'd be a batshit stupid thing to try and intentionally pull off. Too much risk of being caught and too little benefit to try and pull it.

That being said; if Nvidia came up with some sort of freebie program for 970 owners that are a little less future proofed than originally thought it'd go a long way to easing the complaints. It's too minor an issue and I'm too apathetic to demand anything otherwise.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 02:52 NegaDeath

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 21:44:
from what I can tell Facebook actually informs you when someone joins that it thinks is related to you, that's absolutely fucking creepy by the way ! (I do not use Facebook and never will) but that's what I heard....

What majorly creeped me out and kept me from joining years ago was receiving an email invitation to join facebook that listed some people I knew that were on it. I had never used the service and they already had that info on me. Facebook trackers (among others) are on a permanent block now.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2015, 12:01 NegaDeath

My only problem with CGI is with the film creators who don't respect it's limitations. I realize in technological terms this is ancient stuff but the burly brawl in Matrix Reloaded stands to mind as going too far. With modern CGI it's easier to hide the flaws but it isn't 100% there yet. So long as it doesn't trigger the "it looks fake" response I'm happy to watch.  

2086 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo