Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1891 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Analysis: Wireless data caps more about profit than congestion. Oct 8, 2014, 17:06 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 16:57:
Every member of the House of Worthless Shitheels Representatives is now utterly flabbergasted, and the FCC commissioners had a collective coronary.

You seem upset. Did your complimentary sack of money not get delivered? I apologize for that, I'll have it sent out right away and......oh wait you aren't in politics? Never mind.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
53. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 12:55 NegaDeath

I think the wonderful violence of the game keeps the combat fun for me. I don't need a "shiny" after I win, the reward is all the creative and bloody ways you bring them to an end. I'll never get tired of the one move where you make the enemy fall onto your sword. Or exploding grog and watching them run away while on fire.

Some people need a deep inventory system, others just like to watch the world burn.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2014, 18:43 NegaDeath

UHD wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 17:50:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 16:37:
I'd generally agree, right up until the point where people are calling me "worse than ISIS."

I think it's funny that you take that sort of thing seriously.

Well ISIS is pretty bad after all. Incompetent agents, a mad scientist/doctor, alcohol addiction, ant problems....

News Comments > Steam Top 10
71. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 15:08 NegaDeath

harlock wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 14:29:
my main takeaway for mordor is: potential

ive had a lot fo fun with the game but yeh it seems to me as very 1.0, more like proof of concept than a fully realized "game".. thing is, imo the mechanics work so well and the experience is fun enough to where im saying "yeh its damn good"

but make no mistake, its bare bones for sure

To me it feels like Assassins Creed 1. New technology has allowed for interesting new gameplay mechanics but there is a huge amount of room for improvement. At least this time it's fun.

I would love to see a sequel that lets you come back to Gondor and has a dual nemesis system, one for fighting orcs and one for rallying humans to the cause. Though I might be stomping on some lore here, no idea.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 14:50 NegaDeath

Task wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 14:30:
Wake me up when KOTOR 3 non-MMO, non-F2P is announced.

Seconded. Hell make it thirded. No wait, let's really take this up a notch, fourthed!

67. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 14:04 NegaDeath

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 13:34:
I am getting a bit frustrated by Mordor.
I keep getting my ass handed to me just by running around the map. One dude starts to fight me the next thing I know is there's like 50 orcs around me with a few captains in the mix. Try to run away which is sometimes unsuccessful. Get killed, respawn on the other side of the map no way to find that mofo that just killed me (and get promoted for it too, FUUUUUUUU) and I want his head chopped off. So I track across the map again to find myself in the same scenario again, running for my life!

I did some of the main missions and I am leveling up but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

if you are respawning on the other side of the map when you die then it sounds like you're still early in the game. Resist the urge to explore/collect for a little while longer. You didn't say how many main missions you've done but you should prioritize the first 6 or 7 to gain some useful abilities and knowledge, and activating the white towers so you don't respawn that far away (and gain fast travel spots). You should only get truly swarmed when you are in one of their strongholds and you allow them to light the alert beacon (when an orc goes to do that there's a visual and audio indicator). If you can't escape on foot then climb and go stealth, they can't follow very well.

And don't sweat dying, it makes the game more fun. The next time you meet that bastard he'll mock you for it and it'll make killing him all the sweeter. He gets stronger for killing you, you get better rewards for killing him as he gets stronger.

63. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 13:28 NegaDeath

I love Mordor. I love jumping out of the bushes and brutalizing an orc slaver so badly his cohorts run away with visible terror on their faces. I love getting into a brawl with a small army in one of their forts, deciding I've had enough of that and release some hungry caragors. I love hearing them talk about my exploits and the likelihood of me making their campfire explode like I did to their friends (a safe bet). I love that there's a captain that I've used my wraith powers on so many times that his once normal face now looks like the crispy side of Harvey Dent's, and he reminds me how much hates me for that when I see him (hey buddy!).

I like Assassins Creed but even after the nice departure of Black Flag I'm still burned out on it. This is basically my new AC. And there's so much room for improvement.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 15:17 NegaDeath

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:46:
Because that UI is ancient, being very close to 19 years old now, and it is no longer suited to the way modern computing works. Yet there are people who still insist that a UI that was designed for a single screen running at 800x600 is still the greatest thing ever.

Desktops are still using the same interface method as 19 years ago. The majority of desktops are still using one screen. The UI has been been scaled up for higher resolutions as the years have passed. What changed to make it no longer suited? Market share changes in touchscreen laptops and tablets don't change the way my PC functions.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 3, 2014, 12:33 NegaDeath

I'm sure that we'll all feel comfortable within the confines of the honor system.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 12:29 NegaDeath

It basically sounds like Amnesia with the Alien license (good combo), and the reviews are positive. Might be worth a try down the road. Too bad they didn't include the oculus rift support they demoed awhile back.  

News Comments > Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today
9. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 2, 2014, 16:56 NegaDeath

UConnBBall wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:42:
Gal Civ 3 for $99 early access now that is just down right crazy!

Keep in mind for that price that you get all future dlc and expansions for free. The high price is more like buying the game and a complete season pass. If they follow through their promise to release Dark Avatar/Arnor style expansions plus smaller DLC you'll be breaking even or possibly saving money in the long run.

"If" being the key word.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2014, 17:21.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2014, 11:17 NegaDeath

PHJF wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 09:25:
I tried Ultra textures on my poor 2GB GTX760.

Boy did that hurt.

Same experience on my 670.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2014, 19:10 NegaDeath

KTR wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 18:28:
I will call it Windex.

I was going to make a joke about the announcement but there's no point following this post. Thread over.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
12. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 11:23 NegaDeath

Preloading at home as I speak, I'll be not simply walking into Mordor sometime tonight.

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 09:59:
Y'all are way too impatient. This fucker has a season pass and DLC coming out its ass.

And thanks to GMG I got the game and the season pass combined for less than the vanilla games retail price. *shrug*

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
58. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2014, 23:33 NegaDeath

This looks to be right up my alley. It looks like the good bits of Assassins Creed with the time wasting parts stripped out. Love the idea of that Nemesis system. I can't believe I didn't even hear about this until now.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 26, 2014, 13:12 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 11:08:
He's only worried about it because it means they can't fucking snoop on them anymore, the asshole.

It really does sound like he's trying to use the "24" defense for snooping. It's bad enough when a forum lurker uses it.

"If Jack Bauer has 15 minutes to stop a bomb you'll wish he had unlimited access to everyone's personal information!"

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 24, 2014, 11:38 NegaDeath

"AT&T and Verizon defend any and all policies regardless of negative effect on competition, service and the country as a whole"

"In other news AT&T also defended it's policy of attaching cell transmitters to the homeless to expand it's mobile network. The company stated that they were simply utilizing an existing, mobile resource. We reached out to FCC chairman Tom Wheeler for comment but at the time his hands were full carrying a large, heavy sack with a dollar sign on it and he declined to comment.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
10. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 15:33 NegaDeath

Even the creators of WOW seem unsure what to do with MMO's post-WOW. Hardly a unique situation though, and I give them credit for not pushing out a substandard product to try to recoup some of the dev costs like other companies would. It would be nice to see some of what they were working on.

And I still think they should revisit Ghost.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2014, 15:43.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2014, 02:00 NegaDeath

Julio wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 18:05:
Shocker that your data is not safe in the cloud. I'm sure the Fappening Part 3 is around the corner.

Probably a good time time to invest in kleenex and jergens stock.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2014, 01:28 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 22:00:
Ubi CEO "Is the market sick of Assassin's Creed yet?"
Marketing dipshit "Not really."
Ubi CEO "IT WILL BE!!!" *releases 8 more AC games*

Ubi CEO "Did we justify all these new games by adding a couple minor new features while also including at least one that will piss players off?"
Marketing dipshit "Yes sir!"
Ubi CEO "Ship it"

1891 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo