Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1818 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 23, 2013, 11:30 NegaDeath

I picked up my new (first) smartphone the other day. I upgraded from an ancient flip phone to a LG G2, and this phone will probably last me another 5-10 years barring build quality issues. I don't care much about what the Jones's own I just needed something modern.

While I was there a gaggle of young women were all upgrading their iphones at the same time. From the previous model. They were there when I arrived and they were still there after I was finished and left. It was like a ritual.

Its a tool for crying out loud, my mid-30's old man brain just doesn't get it. But then maybe that's the point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2013, 13:16 NegaDeath

I spent hours fixing my machine after installing 8.1. Sound card was automatically uninstalled and got messed up somehow preventing reinstall without manual cleaning. All my themes vanished. Various programs that ran on vanilla 8 won't start without setting a compatibility mode now. Had a weird bug where one of the new popup tooltips for a hot corner wouldn't go away without a registry edit. Don't recall having this much trouble with the old service packs.

Way to go MS, make that slide into oblivion classy.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Into the Black Oct 21, 2013, 00:19 NegaDeath

I have no issue with an artistic work being copyrighted for 95 years. Mickey Mouse being a copyright didn't stop WB from making Bugs Bunny. Mario being a copyright didn't stop Sega from making Sonic. If you can't come up with a good idea on your own you shouldn't have the right to use someone else's. Copyrighting characters hasn't stifled innovation at any point. If Mario was in the public and some company decided to make a bunch of shitty Mario games it would however dilute the brand and affect the original creators who are still alive.

Tech patents on the other hand do need to be short.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2013, 14:42 NegaDeath

This is the version of 8 that should have been the initial release, too bad they were drunk on their own hubris. And it's still not much of an upgrade for Desktop 7 users.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
31. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2013, 00:33 NegaDeath

UConnBBall wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 22:22:
BUT when have they earned this kind of trust? Everything from Stardock has been a mess for what 7 years!

In 7 years we got two great Galciv2 expansions and the entirety of the SOASE franchise. Good enough for me.

Edit: For anyone who has never played Galciv I encourage you to read these two gameplay diaries written by Tom Francis, the guy who also made the excellent Gunpoint. They give you a good insight to the game and are wonderfully hilarious to read.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2013, 01:27.

News Comments > The Crew Delayed
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2013, 00:03 NegaDeath

Probably a good move. Pulling off a lunch title is hard enough already with the move to new tech.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2013, 15:02 NegaDeath

Speaking as a Canadian I am really getting worried for you guys. Both for your personal privacy and for the fact my govt likes to mimic what yours does most of the time.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer
1. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer Oct 15, 2013, 14:37 NegaDeath

At this point all the trailers they've released might add up to being longer than the game itself.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
13. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 14:33 NegaDeath

Yes! Yes!

One of the few titles that earn my "automatic buy" status. Goodbye world, when this comes out you won't see me for awhile. Don't worry I'll be in a better place.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2013, 16:18 NegaDeath

Have to agree too. Excel is great you just need to learn its functions. With word you have to learn why it keeps moving or changing your shit around, and a lot of the time it isn't very obvious why it does it.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
14. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 11, 2013, 14:55 NegaDeath

Ludomancer wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 14:43:
This is the most brazen money-grab of all time.

Shouldn't these assholes be more concerned with developing their overly-budgeted game, than running fan contests and partaking in a reality show?!

Do PC gamers not complain about the lack of modability and community interaction with modern games (outside of gems like Skyrim)? These guys go the opposite route by not only saying modding will be supported, but also by engaging the community to build stuff into the main game itself, and they're assholes? I don't get it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
19. Re: Into the Black Oct 8, 2013, 22:43 NegaDeath

If any game has a chance to have a smooth launch it'll be this one. The large community and extensive alpha and beta public testing should give them the info to plot out exactly what they need.

Should being the operative word.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam
15. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2013, 22:20 NegaDeath

Nice. I had put a couple hours in until GFWL ate my save game and I deleted it out of spite. Maybe I'll try it again.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
6. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 11:16 NegaDeath

Finally. Only took a decade.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually
7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 11:14 NegaDeath

I was hoping they combine the two series. Make Bad Company the single player storyline, make classic Battlefield the multiplayer. The single player in BF3 was shit but I actually enjoyed Bad Company 2's, it was a bit more lighthearted and humorous than usual.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
40. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2013, 21:19 NegaDeath

Allow me to the buzzkill and posture that just maybe they don't know how to proceed after the last Episode.  

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
15. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 13:13 NegaDeath

They could have this on a Steam sale for free and I STILL wouldn't click buy.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 1, 2013, 21:17 NegaDeath

The last one was flawed but still fun, and with 48fps 3D it was the best damn looking movie I've ever seen (after the initial weirdness). Guaranteed ticket sale for me.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 22:43.

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter Ends Today
6. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter Ends Today Oct 1, 2013, 11:57 NegaDeath

They even got the music composer from 2 onboard. Awesome.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 1, 2013, 01:13 NegaDeath

I'm watching Maia. I need another Dungeon Keeper/Evil Genius fix.  

1818 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo