Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2222 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed Oct 13, 2015, 12:08 NegaDeath

Arithon wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 07:13:
There were two stand-alone expansions for BF1942 did not affect multi-play but added single player campaigns and cost 15 each (less than $10). So the grand total for all of it was 55 ($84). Bear in mind the two expansions were additional games, not just a pack of four maps.

The original BattleFront was the "StarWars total conversion" mod for BF1942, but was sued out of existence by LucasArts so they could release their "official" version, developed by Pandemic.

The irony is that this BattleFront, the least like a Battlefield or Battlefront game, is made by DICE - the makers of BattleField.

You might want to check your facts there. Both expansions to 1942 were multiplayer focused expansions. Road to Rome added 6 maps and some new weapons and vehicles. Secret Weapons of Normandy added 8 maps and more weapons and vehicles. At launch R2R cost $20 and SWoN cost $30, neither was $10. You also have to factor in inflation to make a proper dollar comparison. Not to mention development costs back then were a fraction of what they are now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 12, 2015, 20:48 NegaDeath

I'm enjoying the beta but won't be paying that kind of money. Look forward to a sale.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 9, 2015, 17:25 NegaDeath

So to summarize the prosecution believes they can deny the defendant the resources to mount a defense because they think they have a solid case. Leave it to the DOJ to make a troll like Dotcom look like an utter saint in comparison.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
44. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 14:17 NegaDeath

Credit where it's due, those are the best game explosions I've ever seen. I've been waiting for someone to actually attempt realistic ship damage and breakup since....Bridge Commander? Especially like the internal corridor shot. Of course the game still has to come out, etc.  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
5. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 9, 2015, 12:13 NegaDeath

Played for a bit last night, enjoyed it. I suck of course and I foolishly tried to take on fellow PC gamers with a gamepad on the couch but it was still chaotic fun. I was surprised I didn't have much of an issue not being able to drive the AT-AT's like the older Battlefronts. The way the map is designed with the constant push forward and the multiple AT-AT weapons you need to juggle I didn't have much time to think about turning. Not sure if I want to buy yet but it's worth more of a look this long weekend (side note: woo!).  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2015, 13:12 NegaDeath

Damn kids and their rock music are ruining the nation.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 14:30 NegaDeath

Are the politicians who called for his literal assassination, among other incredibly unethical and/or illegal "black op" style punishments, still in power? They are? Don't come back. The majority of the zombie public still doesn't understand in the slightest what you did either so there's insufficient support there. It might take years for things to turn around, if ever.  

News Comments > Transformers: Devastation Released
7. Re: Transformers: Devastation Released Oct 6, 2015, 19:25 NegaDeath

After the movies it's nice to see primary colors and easily identifiable characters again (not to discredit the "War of" games). They absolutely nailed the look. Too bad it's sounding like it's pretty shallow.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
40. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 6, 2015, 19:23 NegaDeath

Slick wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 17:06:
lol, you're kidding right? you must have missed assassins creed unity apparently :-eyeroll-: where everyone lost their shit about a game which actually needs good hardware to play, then they go back to bitching about how no games have good graphics...

endless wheel of stupid

Speaking of that endless wheel it's odd to bring up Unity as a defense, the un-optimized mess of a game that was only outdone by Arkham Knight in terms of bad ports. Did you miss the almost 7GB patch they released for all platforms that replaced a shitload of the assets to improve performance? Requiring brute force to get good performance from a bad design is not praiseworthy. Unless you sell video cards.

News Comments > Steam in Stores
11. Re: Steam in Stores Oct 5, 2015, 15:51 NegaDeath

No drone delivery?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month Oct 2, 2015, 14:24 NegaDeath

I'm impressed they resisted the temptation to do a second preorder campaign.

"Preorder now and get the exclusive re-launch "patch" DLC!"

I'll check it out, eventually. With their track record it'll probably take more than this patch to iron everything out. Maybe when there's a GOTY edition....

News Comments > Morning Interviews
34. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 1, 2015, 17:06 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 16:39:
It sounded like the letter suggested he was setting up partnerships with other companies. So could that be another source of revenue? Maybe we'll see a Lego Hornet F7C?

I hear those NFC toys you plug into a base station like Skylanders sell like hotcakes. They could design special variants of ships and charge hundreds for little plastic toys with chips in them that spawn those ships as friendly NPC's when you connect them.

And now I fear someone at CIG will see this and think it's a great idea.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 1, 2015, 11:04 NegaDeath

Remember everyone SQ42 (the module they have shown no details of) will be out by christmas. Saint Roberts of the Church of Infinite Funding decreed it so.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
102. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 15:39 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 15:15:
I wonder if that's true though. It's pretty obvious to anyone out there that there's a ton of interest, and CIG is simply failing in the execution of it. If anything, the $90M that CIG has collected should be a signal that there's gold in them hills, especially for nostalgia laden games like X-Wing.

Precisely. Right genre, wrong team. Of course it wouldn't be the first time a developer read the market wrong.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
74. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 14:02 NegaDeath

What can even be said at this point? Most people see the train coming off the tracks and are getting out of the way, a few think they can right it if they could only pile enough money in the corner to balance the weight. The conductor is just pressing random buttons hoping it works out. If karma is real somewhere a Disney exec is having the idea "Hey that X-Wing/TIE series was pretty popular, let's see if Lawrence Holland is available".  

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Writers Named
9. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2015, 04:57 NegaDeath

May I audition for the role? Here's my draft script.

Boom! Kapow! Blamo!

I don't want to jinx it, but I think my unique take on the characters personality really shines through here.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2015, 22:38 NegaDeath

I don't know which I want to see less, three Prometheus sequels or Cameron's three Avatar sequels.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 22, 2015, 21:21 NegaDeath

It's hard to watch this and realize noone is actually making a game like that. Man, imagine a Bridge Commander 2 with modern tech, a decent budget, and this kind of ambition.

(Yes I am aware of Excalibur)

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2015, 14:54 NegaDeath

Minuit wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 14:29:
Would it make any difference?

Not really I suppose, depends on how freaky you want things to get. One color means you just want to shoot the guy, another means you want to...uhhh..."merge" with them. I try not to be judgmental.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2015, 14:22 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 11:11:
Yeah Drew is an excellent writer. They need more like him and far fewer like Mac frikking Walters.

Would you say your hatred is best represented by the color red, blue or green?

2222 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo