Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1920 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
55. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 13:06 NegaDeath

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 12:55:
lol pervs!

It would be disrespectful to not admire the work the animator put in creating the assets (pun intended).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 10:58 NegaDeath

Early impressions. Beautiful. Damned beautiful. I stopped to look down into the ice more than once the effect was so cool. Armor truly looks like polished shiny metal. Facial animations could be more expressive but the texturing is impressive. Runs pretty smooth at full detail on my 970 aside from cutscenes as others have mentioned. The changed controls are messing with my head, I keep going to pause and jump instead. Holding the button to attack really is annoying, I hope the inevitable patch will include the option to toggle classic mode. The intro is a little weird in how quickly they put you in charge. It'd be like if a person suspected of bombing the UN and killing all the world leaders was put in charge of the investigation because fuck it we don't know what to do and you have a glowing hand, seems legit. But I appreciate it doesn't drag on.

Also for the SSD concerns I checked my drive usage in samsung magician before and after and didn't notice anything significant, assuming it was tracking it properly.

23. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2014, 00:01 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:40:
Still sitting here waiting on that damn Play button to light up. :)

Boom, it's go time!

And just in time for bed. Surely 30 min wouldn't hurt, just 30.....

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
271. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2014, 21:56 NegaDeath

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:58:
pray tell, how are my stats meaningless? what are we talking about here again?

Do you not comprehend that people have internet connections that turn off at random uncontrollable intervals and don't have much of a choice in ISP's to get around that? Or are you just trolling? At this point the latter seems obvious. Congrats, you got me to waste my time thinking I was talking to a rational person. I'm out.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2014, 22:12.

267. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2014, 20:52 NegaDeath

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:16:
and just a friendly reminder:

http://imgur.com/FumUi1D

400 bytes per second bandwidth: online solo mode

Just a friendly reminder, the only person talking about bandwidth is you. Your stats are meaningless for the topic at hand. Gold star.

244. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2014, 16:44 NegaDeath

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 12:06:
you have no idea that having to be online will require constant bandwidth saturation, and that any lost packet will mean being disconnected from your solo game.

I apologize, I guess you are that obtuse. The scenario you described happens now. Literally right now, someone is getting booted from the game due to a traffic hiccup. They get booted if it's a server hiccup too. It causes other problems too like odd delays in normal actions. It isn't hearsay, they're in the forums complaining about it. It's inevitable with a server model. The client communicates with the server constantly, even in "solo" mode. Again, low bandwidth as you said, mostly commodity pricing updates and the like. But like any server based game it isn't going to let you keep playing if it can't talk to you. I am so happy for you that you have perfect internet, way to go awesome internet guy. Your apparent lack of technical understanding that people can have trouble playing a game while still be able to post here keeps you from that gold star though. So close!

But you know what, you're right that nothing today has changed. As long as tomorrow never comes then they never really changed anything right? If they abandoned the plans for walking outside your ship that wouldn't really be a change either since we don't have it yet. Screw it, scope changed and it's too hard to do, *delete*. Don't complain though, gamers complain too much and therefore deserve what they get.

And shit, people actually care that the game they paid for won't irrevocably be disabled in the future? Man those kinds of people are straight up crazy! That's like, years from now. Who could possibly care about that?

"Im always concerned with games that are server-based that you cant then play them after the publisher or whoever turns the servers off. Well structure it in a way that you could play it entirely locally, so it would survive time if that makes sense. - David Braben

Oh. Ohhhhh.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2014, 12:20 NegaDeath

Wheeler thinks Obama goes too far. Congress thinks Wheeler goes too far. The industry think any regulation goes too far. And because of that nothing will be done.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 11:27 NegaDeath

Pigeon wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:36:
I do have to agree with the sentiment that calling it Windows 10 is a bit absurd. I can only imagine it was the idea of some marketing executive with an, 'it goes to 11', mentality. I'll hold of judgement on whether or not it should actually be 8.2

I thought someone posted that it was because of some legacy code in certain software that checks the windows version a dumb way and would see Windows 9 as being 95/98? Maybe that wasn't true?

185. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2014, 02:18 NegaDeath

Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 23:45:
correct. if people are hellbent on playing solo in this game, then they can do so with whatever server checks it requires, which i can't see being more bandwidth than loading 9 pages of this lolthread. and even if they played multiplayer, bandwidth in videogames is remarkably small. a voip app carries way more data. so even if you're literally in the bottom %1 of internet speeds, you'll be just fine. you should probably worry more about how the hell you're going to download the game in the first place.

I know you aren't this obtuse. You don't see the difference between browsing the internet and maintaining a constant connection to keep the game stable? You don't understand that someone with a spotty connection could read blues, even download the game, but get kicked out of the game constantly because of disconnects? You haven't seen any of the studies on net coverage and how shitty some areas are across North America? No not a submarine or jungle or desert base on the other side of the world, actual towns on this continent. You don't understand that a game is far more sensitive to internet issues than a browser is? You compare it to voip's needs but only talk about the data throughput, you don't acknowledge how signal instability can lead to a frustrating experience with broken words and other audio abnormalities and how that too can be a comparison. After the public backlash that Ubi, EA and Microsoft all received for their online only singleplayer schemes at various points in the past you still think it doesn't actually affect anyone?

Scratch that last part you defended EA during the SimCity online-only mess too. You had similar responses back then, anyone who had an issue you said was lying or it's too niche to matter.

Technical stuff aside maybe someone wanted to play this game down the road again a decade or more later. Unless Frontier changes their plans it's permanently dead when the servers go down. Or maybe people wanted offline so they could have produced or used mods, as PC gamers tend to do. Modders have made some awesome stuff in the past, rivaling or even sometimes exceeding the quality of the content that ships with the games. A total conversion pack to one of the popular sci-fi IP's would have been pretty great in this engine. Those plans are shot. I noticed you brought up gay marriage as a comparison earlier. Funny thing about that, part of the solution is people who are not personally affected by the laws sympathizing with those who are. I'm happy it doesn't affect you. But I'm also sorry for the people who will be affected for technical reasons, or for those who backed it because of the offline mode promise for various reasons. Hopefully Frontier acts honorably when it comes to refunds over the next few weeks.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips
12. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2014, 17:50 NegaDeath

We go from AC2 kicking you out of the game if your connection drops to AC Unity gimping your framerate if your connection works. The more of this shit they pull off the less I buy.  

98. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2014, 17:38 NegaDeath

Another game that, despite having a single player mode, will be unplayable the day they decide to shut down the servers. When will that happen? Can't trust their answer to that now. They might have been able to salvage the good will they built up if they handled it better. Such a shame.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2014, 17:35 NegaDeath

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 17:16:
Yeah that doesn't really mean shit, the board of directors is about as useful as the crown chair at the CRTC doing a proper job instead of the miles of bureaucracy under them, where decades of industry insider have stacked them.

Yeah, no. You can't make the case that despite controlling the top officers and the budget that they are somehow powerless. Not after all the other depts with similar legacy that have been gutted and rebuilt. If you don't like the way things are now it's because the people the govt hired to run it aren't doing their job.

Julio wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 16:43:
Not when it won't investigate a lack of ethics in journalism, all because that's not a good enough story for them. The CBC works for the Liberal and NDP parties.

Video game reporting isn't journalism. Noone but a minority of gamers cares about it. Might as well ask them to investigate Entertainment Tonight.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2014, 16:29 NegaDeath

By "protect" they mean they'll make sure the data only gets into the hands of the people that are paying them.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2014, 16:15 NegaDeath

The conservative govt controls the CBC purse strings and it's board of directors were completely replaced with conservative loyalists. If you have issues with it talk to your boss.

And yes it serves a purpose in an era where corporations have bought out and gutted the medias traditional role as watchdog.

News Comments > Defenders of Time Demo
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2014, 03:28 NegaDeath

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 01:06:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 20:07:
If I could turn back time....
If that gets stuck in my head tonight, I WILL come back here and kill you.

But could you find a way?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2014, 23:11 NegaDeath

For the 3 people with a WiiU the first DLC pack for Mario Kart 8 is out today. And if you're also an F-Zero fan there's a brief respite from the limbo the series has been stuck in.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
38. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2014, 19:34 NegaDeath

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 18:47:
Play AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations, skip 3, play Black Flag.

I'd recommend watching the story bits of 3 on youtube as there are significant plot elements in the real world storyline you'll miss otherwise (though they've apparently abandoned that plotline wholesale now).

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
33. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2014, 17:29 NegaDeath

Slick wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:09:
- mad at studios for not caring about graphical fidelity

- mad at studios for caring about graphical fidelity

Neither. The game isn't optimized for shit. On PC or consoles. The end.

If the framerate drops to single digits on consoles you think the PC port was better handled? It wasn't. It's a mess. It's "pushing things forward" as you say, but with square wheels.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
12. Re: Into the Black Nov 12, 2014, 23:55 NegaDeath

siapnar wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 22:32:
Hope this colossal clusterfuck isn't an indication of FC4's launch, too

As long as you have your Quad SLI Geforce QTX980000000, a recent Intel Quantum CPU and a decent fusion power supply it should run close to 60FPS.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
37. Re: Into the Black Nov 11, 2014, 18:23 NegaDeath

Figured it would turn out to be one of the weak ones. At least I got it for free.  

1920 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo