Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1781 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
7. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 10:25 NegaDeath

Carrier Assault is right up my alley as I loved it's equivalent mode in 2142. But I'm not jumping into BF4 until I hear the major issues with the base game are ironed out (if they ever are). And by then it'll be cheap to pick up too.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
26. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:09 NegaDeath

The question if it will require 8/8.1 to use is a good one. I also wonder if it will require a hardware refresh as well like past DX releases? AMD managed to implement Mantle for already existing hardware.  

News Comments > OnLive Undead: Announces New Services
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 19:48 NegaDeath

Boy the zombie genre really is getting saturated.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 12:14 NegaDeath

Beyond the privacy and security concerns (which being Comcast can never be taken at their word) how strong a signal are those things pumping out to actually be useful to someone not on your property?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 12:04 NegaDeath

nin wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 08:47:
I was actually cheering when the line "the age of the transformers is ending" (or the like) came up...

I have to admit I had some nostalgia tingles when I saw the original mack truck from the series. After that it was standard Bay.

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:32:
Pot Pie == Marijuana Pie??

'Cos that would be like, amazing...

That would simultaneously create and relieve food cravings leading to a paradox that would make one go insane. Or something.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
41. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 00:37 NegaDeath

Couple hours in and no sign of any bugs or glitches yet, fingers crossed (PC version).

Really enjoying it. I like the timing based combat system. The humor and shoutouts to pretty much every episode really hits the spot. And it really is uncanny how exactly like the show it looks. Obviously it's an easier style to copy but still, in cutscenes you really can't tell it's realtime.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2014, 14:57 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 14:53:
Modern Science Still Only Able To Predict One Upcoming Tetris Block.

Scientists create accurate predictor of the next year’s flu virus.

The Tetris people need to talk to the virus people.

Done and done.

As for the continuing anti-vaxx debate, many of their arguments don't even pass basic high school biology. Science is not a democracy. Neither side of the argument is perfect but only one side is laughably, demonstrably and even dangerously wrong.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 15:04.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 4, 2014, 11:15 NegaDeath

Running Win7 desktops here, it took a few years but I finally convinced them to upgrade from the Pentium 3(!) and 4 XP machines a couple years back. For his personal use the manager bought both surfaces and an 8 laptop. He abandoned both surfaces and I'm routinely in there showing where Microsoft "hid the cheese" with 8. Fuck you 8.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 13:19.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2014, 10:15 NegaDeath

Regarding anti-vaxxers, unfortunately confirmation bias is a very powerful and very annoying human trait.

Edit: Also dumb childish people which appears to be the case in the article.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 10:29.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 10:12 NegaDeath

Screw you guys I'm going home. To play it. After work I mean.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2014, 18:05 NegaDeath

The ease of use, universal compatibility, relative security and low cost will ensure fax machines stick around for a lot longer than 4 years. Consumers might drop paper but businesses won't anytime soon.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 28, 2014, 23:46 NegaDeath

Enjoying this now definitive version of my favorite game from that console gen. 60FPS is a huge improvement (though the option exists for 30FPS for purists). The texture upgrade is minor but it's better than nothing. Just don't do what I did and turn post-processing to full assuming it's a graphics enhancer.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 28, 2014, 18:07 NegaDeath

Next they'll offer rebates for free copies.

"Clearance sale! Everything Windows 8 must go! No really take it. Come on. Please? Let me just tuck one into your pocket and.....hey don't run away! Please stop! They'll break my thumbs! Bigcry "

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 28, 2014, 11:30 NegaDeath

The Kinect investigation combined with the UK webcam spying reveal adds up to one big "I told you so".

Followed quickly by "wtf do we do now?"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 12:21 NegaDeath

Needs more cloud.  

21. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 15:20 NegaDeath

vrok wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:36:
Yes? According to the article she was demonstrating the device to other interested people. They already live on Big Brother, Glass or no Glass. That is the point and why being hostile against something as specific as Glass users is nothing but ignorance.

By your logic people should be equally ok with personalized camera drones tracking their every movement. A security camera is installed in a bar because a security camera is a logical idea. There are also notifications strewn about regarding it's existence. And the business is regulated regarding it's use. People choose to enter knowing all that. Glass is something unique and it does not have the general public's stamp of approval yet. Physical violence is never an appropriate response but there is nothing wrong with having a negative response to it.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:33 NegaDeath

vrok wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:07:
And who the hell says Glass is recording all the time?

The article notes that they pulled recorded video off of it showing the attacker. So just as the crowd suspected she was recording. Doesn't justify a violent reaction but she isn't blameless in this. Not everyone wants to live on Big Brother.

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
11. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 12:25 NegaDeath

Stop asking fans what they want it'll never stop. You'll end up like Santa Clause and the actual game will be equally non-existent (spoilers). Lock in and finish the damn thing. I liked the idea of open development when it first started, avoiding the pitfalls from a lack of feedback etc etc. A few games last year could have used some of that *coughrebirthcough*. But now the opposite problem has emerged, a design by committee endlessly expanding and nebulous concept of a game. If you want money then convince more people to preorder by showing them awesome things.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
124. Re: Into the Black Feb 26, 2014, 00:08 NegaDeath

Enjoying it so far, don't see what the fuss was all about. Strikes me as the usual internet reaction, aka take a normal response and dial it to 11. Oh well. And it's a GREAT port, Nixxes really went all out here. Triple buffering options in the game itself? Has anyone done that before? First I've seen. And no sign here of the kind of issues that plagued the launch of DX:HR, smooth as butter with everything to full.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2014, 14:07 NegaDeath

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 13:41:
Yep, exactly. Without net neutrality this will eventually filter down to the user in the form of internet channels or something retarded, just watch.

I can't help but picture a Mr Burns-ish telco CEO reading the news that Netflix caved and rubbing his hands together in glee that the precedent has been set. The door has been opened and the govt is probably too damned inept/corrupt to close it.

1781 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo