Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1652 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
68. Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2014, 00:34 NegaDeath

Harrowing wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 00:23:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 21:48:
The graphics in this demo were probably the best I've seen since Crysis or Witcher 2.

REALLY?...rofl

Why is that funny? I agree with him. Like those two games it is a rare example of a purely PC game designed to push hardware. If you guys hate this game so much then ignore it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
35. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 20:09 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 19:28:
Despite the negativity in this forum, and the poor preparation for this presentation, I thought it looked good. They have the game engine, environment, and flight modeling in place along with rudimentary combat. It's obviously pre-alpha, but the skeleton is there.

I have to agree. Elite is obviously farther ahead, but at the same time they've got a smaller focus with a lower (not bad mind you) graphics level. RSI is clearly making progress and visually it looks great. I look forward to playing both this and Elite.

The whole helmet thing is a non-issue. Add a quick respawn option on death to appear back in the cockpit ready to go. Fixed.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 11, 2014, 19:24 NegaDeath

Ok, after all the NSA revelations I didn't think I could be surprised anymore. It was just one more mess added to the pile.

I still did a double take reading that. Wtf. Just....wtf guys.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 18:27 NegaDeath

Did none of them see all the jokes made regarding their focus on TV? It ranks up there with sweaty Balmer and crab belly massive damage.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2014, 11:18 NegaDeath

RIP.

Mickey's gone, John Pinette died over the weekend, who's going to be #3?

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2014, 11:25.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 4, 2014, 00:45 NegaDeath

They can always CG in Old Luke fighting by flipping around like a retarded monkey.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition Apr 3, 2014, 17:16 NegaDeath

Eeeeeeeeeeeee! Beam

I put 80 hours into the first version. 80! Normally I lose interest after 40.

I guess I just like watching ships burn. Literally. It's my favourite tactic. Fire bomb + rockmen = mwahahahaha

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2014, 15:21 NegaDeath

Noone, barring a dark corner of the internet where I dare not venture, want anything to do with a group using vomit as a tactic. So if you're trying to keep people away from the Bus mission accomplished. If you're trying to win support you might as well fling poo while you're at it, you aren't getting anywhere.  

30. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2014, 22:53 NegaDeath

Quboid wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 21:38:
Does anyone think that VR as it is now will be for anyone more than enthusiasts?

Zuckerberg apparently. But I agree with the sentiment, it won't go far past gaming and the occasional non-game niche use. I only wanted it for gaming so that's fine by me.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2014, 22:49 NegaDeath

The market has spoken. And if Microsoft had actually listened when they were developing 8 they would have known that. Oh well giants need a good slap upside the noggin from time to time.

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2014, 22:54.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 19:56 NegaDeath

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 18:03:
Be realistic, we've also been hearing about it with regards to 3D since the 50's too. And it comes back every 10 years, doesn't catch on, and dies a slow death.

You've been hearing about 3D because it's used to increase ticket sales. And it dies because the tech still sucks. The various methods used so far all have drawbacks that outweigh the gain.

No matter what anyone said VR wasn't even market viable until just recently due to either quality or cost issues.

VR doesn't use the faked 3D method that causes people problems.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 2, 2014, 16:39 NegaDeath

And in the meantime the Supreme Court ok'd letting more money into the political system today. Good luck to you guys down there.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 16:34 NegaDeath

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 16:07:
I heard almost word-for-word that same sentence back in 1996 when I started working in IT. It didn't hold true then either, it's not true now. The biggest problem with VR headsets are the novelty effect and motion sickness.

It wasn't possible to hold true back then because the technology flat out sucked. The first flying machines were terrible too but we stuck with it (no I am not comparing the usefulness of the two). Motion sickness is largely a tech issue being resolved right now. Niche is probably an accurate assessment but novelty is opinion. Everyone who has tried it has been utterly floored by it. Not in a "this is kinda fun" wiimote way but a "holy fucking shit this is awesome" way.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
37. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2014, 11:49 NegaDeath

InBlack wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 04:13:
Why isnt this used by the military if its so damn dangerous and potentially life threatening? Wouldnt this be like 100 times cheaper than bullets or like 1000 times cheaper than missles??

The military wants a weapon with a high guarantee to kill. The frequency of it's lethality has no bearing on the case when it's used in the way it was here. Despite their potential to inflict harm the military don't use fireworks as weapons either, yet using those like a dumbass will land you in jail too.

News Comments > Foolish Games, Volume 2
12. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2014, 01:12 NegaDeath

Christ, EA can't even do a joke properly on April Fools.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
34. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2014, 23:25 NegaDeath

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 17:33:
Choppa's never fly in bad weather? I'd have to think that is more distracting than a small glare.

There have been pilots who actually have physical damage in their eyes from laser wielding jackasses. As mentioned earlier when it hits the glass it can block out the entire view. Considering they are targetting flying masses of metal, fuel and people that will do large damage if crashed these people deserve the book thrown at them. Especially habitual criminals like this guy.

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
41. Re: Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 17:07 NegaDeath

Kosumo wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 16:37:
Can you list some of these games then for us n00bs?

Why not do the research yourself?

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 18:32 NegaDeath

Beamer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 12:54:
Nintendo hasn't been innovative inside their IPs in a while. Zelda went through three console generations of using the same engine, same animations, and same gameplay. Smash Brothers hasn't changed, and I'd say Mario Kart innovation arguably peaked with Double Dash.

The last Zelda brought in a new kind of movement mechanic that evolved the way the person looked at puzzles. The Zelda before that had 1:1(almost) sword control. Mario Galaxy had the spherical levels with gravity effects. The Mario's after that had coop multiplayer. We'll have to agree to disagree.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 12:50 NegaDeath

Nintendo is innovative. The problem is they do it inside of existing IP's. Someone will come up with a gameplay idea and a higher up will want to plug it into the next Mario, or Zelda, etc instead of making something new with it. They're so cautious they won't let their people do anything completely new out of fear it won't sell. In the meantime most of the existing IP's are dead tired and drown out any changes. In my personal (non)expert opinion they should take the reins off of some of their younger staff and just see what they can create. Make it digital only so there's no physical distribution costs.  

News Comments > Splinter Cell Creative Director Jumps to WB Montreal
2. Re: Splinter Cell Creative Director Jumps to WB Montreal Mar 31, 2014, 11:22 NegaDeath

So he splintered off to another development cell?

Bada da bump!

*crickets*

tap tap Is this thing on?

1652 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo