Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2140 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support
12. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2015, 21:20 NegaDeath

Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 18:25:
But I will give kudos to Stardock for creating a game framework so mundanely number based and by-the-books that making better AI for it was much easier. All they needed to do was sacrifice interesting combat and races to do it. Yay I guess...

Just in case people come in here thinking it's a game universally thought to be boring, it isn't.

Still not sure why you are making combat comparisons between a turn based game and a real time game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2015, 01:16 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 00:00:
Map packs for Gal Civ? Aren't all the maps procedural? Or are these hand-crafted scenarios?
Hand crafted maps. Designed to be symettrical etc to give every race an even chance. Otherwise they are procedural.

mag wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 00:37:
And has anyone been playing GalCiv 3? Any opinions vs. MOO2 and GalCiv 2?

Never played the MOO games but it's a good iterative upgrade on Galciv2. Tech trees are deeper, AI is good as usual, UI got a nice overhaul, some nice new features. It can't match the depth of content of Galciv2 after the Dark Avatar and Arnor expansions but it's better than vanilla Galciv2 was (or vanilla Civ5 for that matter). If something like espionage or terror stars not being added yet bums you out then it's to best wait for an expansion.

I will say it's a great engine though, you can really see what they were talking about with their push for 64-bit. This thing just purrs during late game when it's predecessor and others in the genre would start to chug. I haven't tried any of the crazy map sizes though yet. Also the music I've found surprisingly good.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2015, 13:01.

News Comments > Into the Stars Early Access
15. Re: Into the Black Jul 9, 2015, 22:50 NegaDeath

Looks almost like a very pretty hybrid of the aforementioned FTL and Bridge Commander. And that pushes a lot of my tingly buttons. Watching this one for sure.  

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
33. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 11:57 NegaDeath

So basically one big long "nuh uh!". I guess that's enough for the CR defense force.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: AT&T gives poor people DSL. Jul 8, 2015, 14:56 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:34:
Then they will ignore the mandate anyway, and the government won't follow up. That's what always happens with these things.

And if the rare instance someone has the balls to bring it up the industry reps will pull out some bullshit statistics and maps that are proven incorrect with 5 minutes of research but the politicians who have received "campaign donations" will just act as an echo chamber and demand the FCC & govt stop meddling in the private sector.

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
8. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 13:31 NegaDeath

Nice to hear they aren't breaking compatibility too bad, good on MS for that. And good on GOG for testing this proactively, the same old games that are available on Steam don't get that kind of intervention. GOG continues to be a great company to buy from.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
70. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 17:13 NegaDeath

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:31:
But if they did, then people would just unlock anything they wanted - which would eliminate the MMO progression and turn things into a giant DM sandbox - which is basically what you get from a private DM server.

IMO the biggest draw would have been conversion mods to other IP's. It would probably take awhile to make one at this level of detail but it could have been sweet.

Unfortunately if it's true they've nixxed the idea due to technical reasons it lends evidence to the theory that what they've promised to make simply isn't feasible.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
52. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 14:45 NegaDeath

Slashman wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 14:37:
Yeah. They are totally going to pull this off without a hitch. Plus the MMO part too...no problem. Wall

With half of the money that experienced studios have had available to make games smaller in scope.

No probs.

I just wanted Wing Commander. Sad I mean seriously that first SQ42 video is still sexy as hell. What's released so far doesn't even remotely play like it.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Into the Black Jul 5, 2015, 00:10 NegaDeath

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 23:11:

as someone who was/is stupid enough to have kickstarted this...

I'm hoping Chris Roberts realizes soon that his massive vision of super everything game is completely retarded and he should just concentrate on making his squadron 42 single player game.

Imo that's half the problem. The other half is the fans who spend hundreds and thousands with utterly unrealistic expectations just feeding the problem. Without a publisher to rein him in the only way to send a message is to stop the money taps. After the 2 year mark with little to show the donations should have stopped flowing.

News Comments > Batman Console DLC This Month
4. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 14:13 NegaDeath

Just to cite precedent from the previous game Origins on the commitment to fixing things:

"The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums," a community manager said in a post on the game's official forums.

Note that at the time there were still reports of game ending progression bugs. There was actually a user in the forums offering his services in editing save files to get people unstuck since WB was so unhelpful.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2015, 14:35.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 2, 2015, 17:56 NegaDeath

An option that defaults to on. Something people here would understand how to turn off but the non-tech savvy would have their eyes glaze over if someone tried explaining it to them. If it was opt-in there would be no problem, and with the backlash the news is getting hopefully they will change that.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 2, 2015, 14:04 NegaDeath

Really Microsoft? Is that really such a problem that needed solving so much so as to introduce the security risks involved?

"Hey Joe what's your wifi password?"
"This 5 second conversation is too frustrating, please set your phone to give the password to everyone you know so I don't have to waste 5 seconds in the future. Thanks MS!"

Should friends of my friend get a copy of the spare housekey I gave him too? And blissfully ignorant of all the people who don't understand what their computer is doing they decide to have it default to on. What brainiac greenlit this?

Edit:"Some WiFi hotspots ask you to accept the terms of use in a web browser, provide additional information or do both before you can connect. WiFi Sense can do these things on your behalf to get you connected quickly."

Hoo Boy.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2015, 14:30.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
76. Re: Into the Black Jul 2, 2015, 00:47 NegaDeath

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 12:48:
When the statement was made it was accurate. Release dates are targets, not factual statements. Delays happen.
Such a statement can excuse any amount of delays. Probably was uttered at 3D Realms numerous times. A good project manager wouldn't make incorrect public statements that often.

Then why are there so many posts on the official forums whenever there's a delay?
There are posts from individuals criticizng. Any post with criticism of any form is pounded into oblivion by hundreds of members of the CR defense force, exactly what InBlack was talking about. Not that this is unique to this game but the severity seems to scale with financial investment. Probably related to post-purchase rationalization.

CIG has quoted Brook's Law specifically in reference to the delays. They used the "nine women can't make a baby in one month" to point out that adding more people to a project won't necessarily shorten the time it takes. Here's the link: 10 For The Producers (Episode 2).

Letter from the Chairman - $19 Million:
"...the more funds we can raise in the pre-launch phase, the more we can invest in additional content (more ships, characters etc.) and perhaps more importantly we can apply greater number of resources to the various tasks to ensure we deliver the full functionality sooner rather than later."

Derp.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2015, 00:59.

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 30, 2015, 22:51 NegaDeath

Wish there were some two player heists added. My buddy and I haven't had much (no) success with randoms joining us. Doesn't have to be fancy, just let us rob some more small banks or upscale shops.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
27. Re: Into the Black Jun 30, 2015, 22:39 NegaDeath

Oh god this mashup of star citizen and scientology is perfect.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
6. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jun 30, 2015, 18:23 NegaDeath

"Potential owners and operators can rest easy: the Starliner is a ship designed to pay for itself!"

Wait, wait wait. It'll "pay back" your real money with fake money. That is not paying you back. This makes as much sense as giving the dealer of a monopoly game real money to buy a hotel. And even then it's a tangible object for a game that has actually been finished.

No. Just no.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 30, 2015, 18:16 NegaDeath

I'll have what he's having.  

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
25. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 13:11 NegaDeath

Flatline wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 11:15:
That's more or less what I did ever since I found out that my kickstarter ship is basically obsolete before it was even flyable in an alpha.

At this point, I'm only in it for Squadron 42.

And Squadron 42 is the only thing they haven't show off in any form since the original kickstarter video. No really guys it's coming this year!

Disclaimer: "This year" is in Valve time. Plus 6 months. Definitely before the heat death of the universe, but only if they don't remake the engine from scratch again. Buy some ships!

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
8. Re: Into the Black Jun 28, 2015, 19:43 NegaDeath

As much as I loved Titan mode in 2142 I just can't see them working on two sci-fi takes on Battlefield at the same time. Honestly I'd rather see Vietnam come back, I miss having music playing from my heli.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 27, 2015, 15:47 NegaDeath

Can you fly into the danger zone while sitting at a console controlling a drone?  

2140 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo