Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2140 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 14:57 NegaDeath

Getting better, not there yet. It would really nice to heard word on the progress of the biggest mouse/keyboard requests.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 21:20 NegaDeath

NegaDeath
It would take you...
2260 continuous hours
94 days,4 hours,32 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library
IN THIS TIME YOU COULD...
Watch Ben-Hur 605 times

Lol at the picture of Gabe on the mouseover.

Sigh.

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
3. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 14:21 NegaDeath

Not to be confused with Lieutenant Lag.  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
12. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 13:06 NegaDeath

If recent history is an indicator it'll need an expansion pack before it's truly worth it. Though the connectivity with Beyond Earth sounds interesting depending on how it works out. You built an asshole civilization in Beyond Earth? Import the finished save game and launch those assholes into space. Insert Spaceballs scene "I'm surrounded by assholes!". Maybe work in some dynamic enemy AI memory like Mordor. Like say a civ you defeated managed to secretly get into space before you beat them, so in this game they remember their defeat. "We haven't forgotten when you nuked city X 10 years ago you monster!". Or start out with good relations with a civ you allied with. Etc. Tentatively interested.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2015, 13:13.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 18, 2015, 17:57 NegaDeath

Double dose of facepalms here with the anti-vaxxer nonsense and people not knowing the difference between a moon and a star (seriously?).  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Trailer
8. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2015, 17:17 NegaDeath

NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 01:29:
You can get this for $5. Even at full price it's $20. How big of a game are you expecting?

Apparently more than you did. If you're happy with double recycled content so long as the price is low then have fun.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Trailer
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2015, 00:28 NegaDeath

The used the same city again? That isn't a trick you can pull off three times. Pass.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2015, 15:41 NegaDeath

Killswitch wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 14:33:
That might be true, if only it weren't. In actuality, SWAT teams are frequently used in *all* situations. There was a good propublica.org article recently describing this situation.

Which is why I said they were "absolutely overused these days".

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 14:39:
The militarization of the police has been insane. Damn near every town now has a SWAT team armed well enough to make 1980s LA SWAT teams jealous, but without the training or the need.

Same as above. Don't disagree with you guys on militarization.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2015, 14:28 NegaDeath

SWAT teams are necessary. They are absolutely over-used these days but they are still needed for situations too dangerous for a normally equipped and trained officer.

The SWAT teams are called in expecting a dangerous situation. Normal people panic when the SWAT bust in. Panicked people make bad decisions, officers expecting violence will be in reaction mode. The potential for injury or death is too high. That they both know the danger and intentionally make the deception anyways makes it willful endangerment of life and it requires more than 30 days.

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
25. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 13:58 NegaDeath

Wait, shit, I just had a brilliant idea. The only team there that appears to be overachieving is the marketing dept, right? Move them to game development! Move the game development team to marketing! Better games with less bullshit advertising.  

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
46. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 13:55 NegaDeath

Buy Windows 10, get $10 off an XBone

Committed to PC Gaming, PERIOD. Buy Xbox

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
8. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 10:34 NegaDeath

Thank you for confirming you "over-achieve" expectations. That will be useful information as you try to build hype for every future game.  

News Comments > WildStar Changes Planned
14. Re: Into the Black Jan 15, 2015, 23:14 NegaDeath

Darks wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 16:44:
LOL, I was about to post the same thing. remove their stupid sub and they will be more successful.

Ditto. I'll frequently put a game on hold for 6 months or more, anyone that wants to charge me during that period is someone I won't deal with. I'm not a big MMO fan but I liked the way Guild Wars 2 did it for the short time I played it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 15, 2015, 23:09 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 21:46:
Target is pulling the plug in Canada. They really dropped the ball on that one. 2 billion dollar fuck up and it should have been a cakewalk to succeed.

Noone can successfully pull off opening 133 stores at once. That's just insane. I admire the balls of the guy who signed off on it but the logistics are mind boggling. I feel bad for the poor saps that were in their inventory controls teams. And they aren't going to find a sucker to quickly pawn the stores off to like Zellers did to them. A shame too, they had some unique stuff for sale.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2015, 15:13 NegaDeath

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 12:56:
Does anyone even talk about Avatar anymore?
Or did anyone really talk about it after seeing it?

The tech was cool, though after 15 minutes you forgot it was in 3D, but the plot was so forgettable you stopped thinking about the film before the credits finished rolling.

What was the plot again? Gargamel something something mcguffin hidden under trees? I recall the weird tentacle hair stuff but if Cameron wants more of that Japan's already got that industry locked.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2015, 11:33 NegaDeath

Is there anyone who wants to see three more Avatar movies other than Cameron? I don't know of any.  

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
9. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 10:37 NegaDeath

Lot's of rationalization on their end but all I hear is:

"We think skins are worth $15 (or more) before they're even finished and we're going to sell them to you when noone can test and confirm differently. Because certain people make poor decisions with small sums of money and because fuck you, that's why."

5. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 23:51 NegaDeath

Obviously what's going on here is that he's a templar.  

14. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 00:00 NegaDeath

Now he's free to do Crystal Skull 2 and 3. Starring Shia. Huzzah!

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released
4. Re: Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 16:28 NegaDeath

I'd love to see a multiplayer version of this game. No guns like AvP or a horde mode or anything like that but a horror based hide and seek. Just like the first movie you start with a small crew and the last one standing gets the Ripley award. Alien can't be killed, same items as the story mode. Human players could work together to set traps and buy time or they could cripple each other to act as a distraction. The best way to escape a bear is to trip your friend, etc. Re-use the maps from the campaign as they're already built for stealth and save costs.  

2140 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo