Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1786 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
8. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 15:16 NegaDeath

That's pretty ballsy of them. It's one thing to sue Oculus pre-buyout, but now there's an 800lbs gorilla with essentially unlimited funds backing them. Good luck with that.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 15M
7. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 15M Apr 30, 2014, 15:50 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 14:25:
Since there's no Star Citizen thread today, this one will have to do:

Tom: Minecraft is the best game evar!!1 Notch is a god!
Dick: Notch is just sucking all the cash and not finishing the game!!! He's Hitler!
Harry: Everyone shut up already!

Don't forget the hookers and blow.

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 15M
4. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 15M Apr 30, 2014, 14:08 NegaDeath

Good for him he deserves that cash. Haven't played it for years but greatly enjoyed it when I did. Made a supervillain secret mountain fortress with a glass skull entrance, lava waterfalls and lava moat. Fulfilled like 3 fantasies right there. Good times.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 11:36 NegaDeath

Damn, I was enjoying Almost Human. Tried to catch up to it on Netflix but the Canadian version carries like 3 shows total (yaya VPN etc etc).  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 30, 2014, 11:30 NegaDeath

Well of course he won't let ISP's snuff out the next Google or Amazon. When he's done gutting the rules it won't be possible for anyone to even start a competitive business to be snuffed out.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
55. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 16:47 NegaDeath

panbient wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 16:18:
All I want to know is will there be a collector's edition, and will that collector's edition ship with a helmet bobblehead.

HELMET! HELMET! HELMET!!!

The Super Supreme Elite Commander Edition will come with a real starship. Asking price $2.7 Trillion. Release date TBA.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
50. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 15:38 NegaDeath

Tumbler wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 14:39:
Pleasure, pain, you won't be able to tell the difference.

We have such sights to show you....

Also the Hitler referenced earlier, is this regular Hitler or Space Hitler™?.

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
4. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 18:14 NegaDeath

Judging by the Halo 1 port it'll be a Windows 9 exclusive. Why? Fuck you that's why.  

News Comments > From Software Sold
15. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 15:05 NegaDeath

Enjoying it on PC too. I've had a gamepad attached to my PC since Commander Keen so weak keyboard/mouse controls don't bother me. Anyways it was my first time playing this series last night, the cliff shaped difficulty curve almost drove me away but I kept going and love it now.
I almost forgot what a game without tutorials was like. Hope the series doesn't get neutered with this buyout, looking forward to a next gen version.

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
35. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2014, 21:19 NegaDeath

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 20:39:
Seriously I am waiting for the link...

Link

Skip to 24:50.

New content: Matchmaker, 2 player (human not AI) dogfight, some stealth mechanics, precision maneuvering, countermeasures, ship landing, pilot EVA.

If you want more than that then come back in 6-12 months, the supposed launch date isn't for almost 2 years still. Or follow Elite Dangerous instead, it's been in development longer so it's farther along.

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
29. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2014, 20:47 NegaDeath

Flatline wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 19:19:
Bullshit we're what, 6 months past when we were supposed to have the multiplayer dogfight module? All we were supposedly waiting for was the netcode? But now it's so early in development it can't be judged from hands on? I mean, WTF?

He didn't say you can't judge it. He's saying you can't see bugs in a pre-alpha product and declare it a failure. Especially bugs which were ironed out during the show so that when it was playable by the public on the show floor it was stable.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 18:11 NegaDeath

Task wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 16:44:
Besides the U.S. is an Oligarchy

And that study only covers up until 2002. The Iraq War hadn't even started yet. All the shit that's happened in the last decade wasn't a sign of takeover happening, it was the end result.

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 16:03 NegaDeath

MMO's need a kick vote option like some shooters have. If enough players in a zone vote a player is a bot they get dropped. Or better still become targettable hehehe. Yeah I'm sure it could be abused but it seems a better alternative to me. The players are always the ones finding them, the admins always struggle to keep on top of it, give the tools to the players then.

Note I have not played, now will I play ESO. Nor have I played many MMO's so if this was a feature already somewhere already so be it.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 15:53 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 15:40:
“The answer is yes,” Obama replied. “I am a strong supporter of net neutrality. Unfortunately, I also lie out of my ass whenever I get the chance, and AT&T and Comcast write REALLY big checks. So, yeah. Heh," the president said while giving the "What can you do?" shrug.

We all know the politicians have a bought and sold sticker on them somewhere but letting this go through is like putting it on the forehead for all to see. We know what the correct answer is, there is only one correct answer. No left/right bullshit, no grey areas, it's just flat out wrong. How (if?) he responds to Wheeler's decision will tell you exactly what kind of person he is. I expect little.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 24, 2014, 00:29 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 23:12:
One that DOESN'T redirect you to Metro?

That is correct sir. And all it took to reverse course was 2 years of people telling them they're being stupid and firing/"retiring" a good chunk of management. As nimble as an ocean liner.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 23, 2014, 19:32 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 14:49:
I agree. Any ISP must divest itself of any media content delivery. It's an inherent conflict of interest. The gov't needs to step in and make this happen.

Good news everybody! They're doing the exact opposite and rolling over to the pay2win side, as per the ars article posted on the current update here.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2014, 19:29 NegaDeath

"Net neutrality dead for good? FCC may endorse pay-for-play deals"

RIP Internet. It's dead Jim. Industry schill placed in position of power schills for that industry. Fucking shocking.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2014, 01:36 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 23:58:
And how would they know that seeing as my account is under a fake name with no information about me? They keep pestering me for information, which they wouldn't do if they already knew. Don't forget, our privacy laws are different from yours as well.

Because they get just as much information about you from other sources as they can get from you directly. They know your friends, family and cowrorkers. They know the companies that track you. Line up enough data points and it's childs play to match it to you, even if your screen still shows a fake name. A few years ago they even had a program to get your friends to snitch on you if you were using a fake name. They knoooooooooow.

And our privacy laws up here do jack about it.

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
50. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2014, 01:11 NegaDeath

Looks pretty great so far. I'm happy just to see a Bioware game that has escaped the archaic technology of the last gen consoles. They may not admit their mistakes but they do listen to the feedback they get, unlike their host company.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 22, 2014, 18:30 NegaDeath

Desalus wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 16:59:
So let me get this straight...They take a bunch of NES games, splice them together, and release it as NES Remix for the Wii U. These are still NES games though right? Why in the world would they need more 'machine power' from the 3DS for NES games?

Technically they aren't NES games, it's a new game that uses NES art assets. The biggest giveaway to that are some added effects that couldn't be done on the original hardware. Why this can't be done on the 3DS I don't know, it isn't much more than what free flash games do.

1786 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo