Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1920 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
47. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 12:53 NegaDeath

Time to build a Scrooge McDuck money vault.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 14, 2014, 16:04 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 14:29:
I wouldn't expect the NSA to claim anything else. Also why did it take them this long to come out with this? It's been two years since the Snowden revelations.

They hadn't publicly lied about the program for a little while and got twitchy. Gotta keep practicing!

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2014, 23:19.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
28. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:27 NegaDeath

Software requirements:
Steamworks
Rockstar Social Club
GFWL
Origin

Jk. I hope.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 12:22 NegaDeath

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:54:
Soo.... for those of you with it, how bad is the lag, where are their servers located, is there any offline version(or ability to run your own server, local or otherwise), or is it completely MMOSS?

Also, full pvp the entire time, safe zones, etc.

I've only noticed lag a couple times (I'm in Canada). No idea where servers are physically located. There is a private online version, and you can switch back and forth between closed and open. No idea if they'll allow custom servers.

It's full PVP with "safe" zones within 10km of (most) space stations. Safe is in quotations because other players can still shoot you but they'll incur the wrath of the system forces and the station, usually fatally. There are conflict arena's with spawning NPC's and other players where you can pick sides and earn credits for kills.

Most of the time you'll be in some kind of hyperspace flight mode with no combat. You can get interdicted by NPC's but these are easy to escape in the current version. There is a bounty system so that "misbehaving" players get flagged and you can earn credits for killing them.

Honestly speaking as a cargo hauler the most thrilling moments are approaching stations in lawless systems. Players will try to steal your cargo (or just plain gank you) so you need to use the various stealth options to get around them. Or trying to smuggle goods into lawful stations and getting around their security.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 11:24 NegaDeath

Enjoying it so far, living the high life of a space trucker. A bit light on content right now but it's coming along.  

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
43. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 18:05 NegaDeath

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 17:55:
Yes, I'm in the process of doing that actually. The way this game has developed disgusts me. The retarded hype, obtrusive marketing and constant monetization, even though the game has long been what was originally considered "fully funded", is pissing me off

For someone not giving a shit you apparently do still give a lot of shit. If you want out then sell and be done with it. If you want technical issues that normally get fixed in beta to be fixed in early alpha then get comfortable because you'll be waiting awhile. Either is more constructive than ranting in every single one of these SC stories.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
48. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 11:45 NegaDeath

2 Billion Dollars? With a B?

I'd do it. And I wouldn't blame anyone else who did. It sucks for the PC but when you're talking Dr Evil money you play ball.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 9, 2014, 18:46 NegaDeath

"Meh, smartwatches are niche."

iWatch revealed

"Holy shit guys look, smartwatches!"

The person I am quoting might be fictional.

News Comments > Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks
5. Re: Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, and Off The Record Moving to Steamworks Sep 9, 2014, 13:45 NegaDeath

I have to admit I'm surprised (pleasantly) how many devs have gone back and patched out the mess that is GFWL. I realize that a lot of companies don't assign resources to post release support past a few months, it's nice to know things are a bit better than I assumed.  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 NegaDeath

Do these game sites even have time to review games with all the crusades they're undertaking right now?  

News Comments > Chaos Rising Removes GFWL
7. Re: Chaos Rising Removes GFWL Sep 5, 2014, 13:41 NegaDeath

The only Steam achievement I ever noticed and cared about was the one in Gunpoint for punching a guy into oblivion.

Another title sheds GFWL, good riddance.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 5, 2014, 13:39 NegaDeath

Forget PCs and tablets -- phablets are the next big thing (that we want you to buy before we come out with the next big thing that we say is the future)  

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
13. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 11:58 NegaDeath

Prepare for Double Double DLC.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Trial for DragonCon Attendees
10. Re: Into the Black Sep 1, 2014, 20:56 NegaDeath

I've been more positive on this project than most here but even I think this is retarded. It isn't a game yet, it's a buggy tech demo. Giving it a trial will just turn people away, it's so far from being complete it'll just give a negative impression.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 27, 2014, 15:13 NegaDeath

8TB? Wow, that'll hold a lot of por.....I mean games. Yes, games.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 16:56 NegaDeath

SlimRam wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 16:14:
*Standing up and raising my hand and proclaiming* "Fellow Bluesers, I am NOT ashamed to admit that All the 'My Little Pony' material WILL be ordered from me...uh...for my uh...nephew..

I see your pony merchandise and raise you a turkey baster, several jars of nutella and some stainless steel clamps.

Everyone's invited!

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
1. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 14:58 NegaDeath

Combo ragequit?  

News Comments > Ancient Space Announced
15. Re: Into the Black Aug 21, 2014, 23:25 NegaDeath

More space games. Moar!

No seriously I want more.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2014, 12:22 NegaDeath

What happened in that bedroom is none of my damn business. And it doesn't appear to have compromised any "professional" gaming journalism (*pfft snort lol*) so this was all an utterly pointless exercise.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
4. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 17:33 NegaDeath

Star Citizen topic. Swarm swarm swarm!

"Hookers and blow"
"Be patient"
"Million dollar towel"
"Only pre-alpha"
"Roberts is a hack"
"Open development"
"Pay to win"
"Not pay to win"
"Too slow"
"Not due until late next year"
"Too unfocused"

I think that about covers it. In the meantime I buckled and picked up ED last night, should hold me over quite nicely until some of it's competition gets further along. Now I just need a joystick. And an Oculus rift.

1920 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo