Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 1808 (Pro)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Witcher Adventure Game Revealed; Witcher 3 in February 2015
11. Re: Into the Black Jun 6, 2014, 01:38 NegaDeath

Well that was unfairly awesome. My wallet keeps throwing itself at the screen. Bad wallet! We haven't even finished the first two yet.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers
23. Re: Into the Black Jun 6, 2014, 01:17 NegaDeath

Not falling for it again Microsoft. Had two 360 controllers for the PC, one wired and one wireless. Both developed faulty L buttons (try playing dark souls with a random block!) and the wireless kept cutting out.

Switched to an old PS3 controller that still works perfectly and hasn't dropped the bluetooth signal yet. Might give the PS4 controller a try after reading some of the comments here. Like the idea of having a trackpad built in.

News Comments > Tetris Ultimate Announced
5. Re: Tetris Ultimate Announced Jun 4, 2014, 18:41 NegaDeath

I'm holding out for Super Ultimate VR Tetris via Oculus Rift.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 12:18 NegaDeath

InBlack wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 11:00:
Why would I want to talk to a fucking Hipster??!!! What is wrong with you man!!!??

Agreed. The correct starting move is to spray them with a water bottle like a misbehaving cat. Bad hipster!

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
41. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 11:59 NegaDeath

Well that was a short delay, definitely takes the sting off. Look forward to trying it when I get home. After that 10Gig download I mean.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
29. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 18:03 NegaDeath

The game has a good foundation it just needs another development pass to iron things out. It reminds me of the reception to Assassins Creed 1. If we're lucky Watchdogs 2 will be as much of an improvement as AC2 was.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 2, 2014, 14:39 NegaDeath

Pigeon wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 14:15:
Reason #438 Sony is having financial trouble: Pushing their own proprietary format in a large competitive market.

Let me reformat that into official Sony Execuspeak™.

Reason #438 Sony is having financial trouble: NOT Pushing their own proprietary format in a large competitive market.

News Comments > New U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: New U.K. Sales Charts Jun 2, 2014, 12:24 NegaDeath

Got it here, we enjoyed it. Mario Kart is always fun. ALWAYS. And it's nice to see a game that has local split-screen gameplay, so few games do that these days. It also has a local split-screen + online mode.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2014, 20:25 NegaDeath

I propose a new piece of legislation. Any politician that accepts money from lobbyists has to wear that companies logo like a car sponsorship at all times.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 11:35 NegaDeath

Brian Cranston confirms Breaking Bad is a prequel to Walking Dead. News at 11.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 30, 2014, 11:31 NegaDeath

Am I the only person finding the revival of dead celebrities via hologram disturbing? It's funny on something like Futurama, but in reality?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
87. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 17:33 NegaDeath

Kosumo wrote on May 29, 2014, 16:44:
Surly this must be starting to worry some backers now. He waited till the day it was due THEN announce a delay.

Looking very amateur if you couple this with the 'PAX' reveal.

Has I've said before - he fucked up when he first move his goal post form just Squadren 42 to a semi-mmo-persistant-multiplayer game. Now he cant even get out a DFM that was 'good to go' back in December but was delayed then due to network stuff - that starting to look like a big fat lie to me.

Personally the PAX reveal didn't worry me. They explained it was a patch server glitch and had it fixed by the time it was on the show floor for people to play.

This new delay doesn't bother me on a technical level. It's pretty normal in the long run of a game as detailed as this. But as you say breaking the hard launch date the day before without setting a new date, after bumping it a few times previously. Doesn't send a good signal.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2014, 17:14 NegaDeath

I vaguely recall Reading Rainbow. As Cutter mentioned we had a few of our own shows of that type up here plus whatever came over on American channels so it was probably drowned out.

Still though, with the former educational channels turning into reality TV dreck any new educational shows (or revivals like Cosmos) is welcome. Plus more Geordi is always a good thing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 29, 2014, 17:05 NegaDeath

Darks wrote on May 29, 2014, 15:58:
Wait until the next time a terrorist attack takes place in this county, then let’s see who all cries about why the Gov. didn’t see this coming and why was it not prevented.

"A new analysis of terrorism charges in the US found that the NSA's dragnet domestic surveillance "had no discernible impact" on preventing terrorist acts. Instead, the majority of threats over the last decade were detected by regular old intelligence and law enforcement methods—tips, informants, CIA and FBI ops, routine law enforcement.

It found just 17 of the cases were credited to NSA surveillance, and just one conviction came out of the government's extra-controversial practice of spying on its own citizens. And that charge, against San Diego cab driver Basaaly ­Moalin, was for sending money to a terrorist group in Somalia. There was no threat of an actual attack.

Last month, Obama's advisory panel determined the agency’s spy operations are "not essential to preventing attacks,"
Link.

All that at the low low cost of 10-20 billion (guesstimated) dollars a year. What a bargain!

It's true most people don't need to fear the government using these programs to attack them. Most people didn't need to be afraid of McCarthy either. The problem is that there are people who will be targeted unjustly. You probably don't know them personally, that doesn't mean they aren't deserving of protection. Could be a journalist critical of the government. Could be a politician they want to blackmail. Could be a criminal who is still afforded the right to due process by law. It's already happened. It's out of control.

This comment was edited on May 29, 2014, 18:16.

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
22. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 14:49 NegaDeath

Maybe it's just me but I get turned off seeing a preorder for the next game when they're still patching and releasing DLC for the previous game. Guess I'm just too old fashioned.  

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 29, 2014, 14:25 NegaDeath

Even if you give them the leeway to use whatever means they want to spy on other countries politicians and industry, even if you excuse the insane amount of money being spent, even if you excuse that they keep lying to the people you elect when grilled about what they're doing, the fact remains that they've intentionally punched holes in the security fabric of the internet making us all less safe to cyber attack. They've used their programs to target your citizens, both domestic and abroad, bypassing the protections in your constitution. It's grown so large that even the people you elect to represent you have little to no concept of just how far down the rabbit hole goes.

For crying out loud, they hand information over to the DEA who then try to fabricate a case where they can say they found the evidence through proper legal methods. If a person can't understand how incredibly dangerous that is they almost deserve what they get. Almost.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 29, 2014, 11:17 NegaDeath

I'd like to add there is no evidence whatsoever that he has given information to the "enemy" beyond what the media has released publicly. Nor has there been any evidence provided that anyone came to harm as a result of the leaks. If he was guilty of treason they'd charge him with it. They haven't done that because legally it's not a valid charge.  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2014, 12:18 NegaDeath

Driving down the street, see my buddy and want to pull over to say hi. HAL won't let me though so we continue on. Can't see that being the final design. Might work for robo-taxi's.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 11:28 NegaDeath

Phew, for a second there I was worried that with the asteroid so far away by the time it gets here Bruce Willis would be too old to be trained on a space drill to deposit a nuke on it. Thanks CNN!  

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
7. Re: Memorial Consolidation May 26, 2014, 17:55 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2014, 16:51:
Really? On the PC, I would love to play some modern remakes of some of my favorite classic games: Homeworld (which is coming out soon), Xwing & Tie Fighter, Dungeon Keeper, I-76 (pure remake OR sequel), System Shock 2 (although still pretty playable with mods), Undying, and a bunch of others.

I doubt anyone would disagree with your list (I know I don't). But note he specifically said last gen games, basically stuff you could still find on the shelf. Everything you listed predates that, some of them by a couple generations.

1808 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo