Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2068 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 21:44 NegaDeath

Saw this earlier, the timing of the shots was pretty much perfect. Love the little synchronized hand wave in the middle.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 17, 2015, 16:22 NegaDeath

Good for him, I hope it stays in remission. I've seen the worst it can inflict on a person and wouldn't wish that fate on anyone. That I happen to love his reviews is icing on the cake.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 14:31 NegaDeath

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:27:
The second teaser trailer to Star Wars is pretty awesome. Right in the nostalgia!

I want to remind myself the trailers for the prequels looked good too. I want to remember the mess that was Crystal Skull/Old Indy. But damnit, they just keep dragging me back in. And Battlefront will finally get its proper reveal tomorrow too.

News Comments > Project CARS Specs & 12K Support
14. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 15, 2015, 13:24 NegaDeath

Only 12k? No Holodeck support? What a waste of my fusion powered sentient PC from the future.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2015, 14:51 NegaDeath

It patched ok here, actually downloaded faster than the new Nvidia drivers. It did behave weirdly a few days earlier when I downloaded it at the fast connection at work and copied it to home via a portable drive. It seemed to recognize the install but re-downloaded 20 gigs worth veeeeery slowly. Still better than 60.

Joined the Blues crew but don't expect to contribute much yet as I have little idea what I'm doing right now....beyond randomly punching people on the street and driving poorly I mean. I'm with you in spirit though!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
179. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 00:05 NegaDeath

In SP and Online, no issues here with anything. Feel bad for those having problems. Haven't played a GTA game since Vice City, maybe I built up some luck.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 11:17 NegaDeath

*cough cough* oh man I think I feel a cold coming on, Boss.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
29. Re: Into the Black Apr 11, 2015, 03:11 NegaDeath

"Is It 1358?"
"No."
"....Then fuck off!"

Love it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic
29. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2015, 20:01 NegaDeath

Finally got a chance to watch it and now I have the urge to go back and play Human Revolution again. Damnit this is why my backlog never gets cleared.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
8. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2015, 19:55 NegaDeath

Think I'll take advantage of my fast and unlimited work connection, this puts me way too close to my home ISP cap.  

News Comments > Square Enix Reveal Progress
15. Re: Square Enix Reveal Progress Apr 7, 2015, 16:02 NegaDeath

siapnar wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 15:32:
New Deus Ex.

Article (Kotaku)

Neogaf thread

We knew it was coming. Doesn't make me any less excited

I totally asked for this. F'in yeah.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Apr 6, 2015, 16:32 NegaDeath

You hit the content wall pretty fast, but up until that point it's a damn impressive experience. Docking never stops being cool. I just finished fully blinging up my cobra and got bored, will come back in a few months or after they add some stuff. Hopefully it isn't an event that's 30+ jumps away from my location like the last one was. It's going to need a lot more content than that to hold my interest long term though. It's starting to remind me of when ME2 was criticized for boring planet scanning, now multiply that by several billion.  

News Comments > Nobody's Fool 2015 Part Five
11. Re: Nobody's Fool 2015 Part Five Apr 2, 2015, 15:26 NegaDeath

nin wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 14:54:
Cutter, go watch the video, where it flat out says it's going to be rated R.

Love ya dearly, but that went so far over your head it made the Hubble look like it buzzed the tower.

DAMMIT!

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

News Comments > Nobody's Fool 2015 Part Five
6. Re: Nobody's Fool 2015 Part Five Apr 2, 2015, 14:25 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 13:57:
Clearly you're unfamiliar with Deadpool, otherwise you'd know its one property that should have an R rating. Deadpool isn't for kiddies. At least he's not supposed to be, so that means this is going to suck. Probably as bad as Green Lantern.

*whoosh* x 2

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2015, 23:26 NegaDeath

I had much the same thought on Interstellar. My group was enjoying it right up to the black hole scene, and we were watching it on Imax so that was particularly impressive. Then all "that" happened and it went too far off the rails for all of us. So close yet so far.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2015, 14:10 NegaDeath

And all is right with the world again.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
20. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2015, 02:21 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 02:12:
Can't you sell your ship on ebay?

Potentially. I've been screwed in the past selling things online so I haven't done anything like that for a very very long time.

News Comments > Evening Previews
18. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2015, 01:44 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 21:43:
HALF built? That's being awfully generous, isn't it?

It's a good article, though. That dude who dropped 22.5K on it, holy heck.

5% would be generous.

I'm in for $140 and I wish I could go back and reverse it.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
99. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2015, 01:32 NegaDeath

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 13:21:
You're getting what you backed, you just had expectations that were unreasonable for what was promised.

Yeah no still wrong. I backed a Wing Commander successor. That was what was promised during the kickstarter and the very first video showed that. I am not getting that in the remotest sense. You can't tell me I'm getting what I backed when it plays nothing like it and never will. I turn left, screen goes red. Every single time. Doesn't happen in Elite. Or Wing Commander. Or X-Wing/TIE. You don't see your inconsistency in telling me I'm getting Wing Commander while telling me I can't play it like Wing Commander. I've been ripped off, end of story.

Edit: Here's an example from a guide I looked up that illustrates my point perfectly

"There is one very important step in learning to fly your ship in Star Citizen: FORGET ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT FLYING AN AIRPLANE OR SHIP IN A VIDEOGAME"

So I'm "getting what was promised" while at the same time the fans admit it plays nothing like his or the industries previous games. One of these things are not like the other.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 01:39.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
83. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2015, 11:04 NegaDeath

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 09:03:
The flight model is constantly being tweaked. Some fans don't like the changes introduced in 1.1 and I would be surprised if we don't see further changes before release. That said, I don't have a problem with any of the mechanics and I came from games like Tie Fighter, Wing Commander and Starlancer. Flying straight at your enemies is a terrible strategy - you should be using asteroids for cover and strafing to approach them from the side or behind.

Nope. Just nope. Strafing? I backed a Wing Commander successor not a FPS. There isn't always something to hide behind, nor should I need to. If there is no dogfight there is no space sim. I'm happy you and others enjoy it. Some people enjoy eating grubs too. That knowledge doesn't help me if I'm served grubs at some bizarre dinner party I hope I never go to. If the core gameplay is this bad after all this time in development then I've wasted my money and Roberts has wasted my good faith. I'm not getting what I backed, all the extra layers added on top won't change that.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2015, 11:20.

2068 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo