Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2014, 00:23 SlimRam

These ads make me sad...

I mean now we have to deal with Driving Aids also? Dammit, I thought we had almost conquered the AIDS virus? *sighs and throws hands up*

I saw a hearse driving in the carpool lane the other day and I thought to myself, "That's cheating"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2014, 10:03 SlimRam

• Activision is making a Duck Dynasty game.

• FINALLY! NOW I have a reason to buy a console again!

I saw a hearse driving in the carpool lane the other day and I thought to myself, "That's cheating"

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
    4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 22:37 SlimRam

Reviewers are raving!

"With the new exo-suit, we're definately going to see foul mouthed 12 year olds taking the whole 'bunny hopping across the map, while calling everyone gay' to a whole new level! THIS is EXCITING STUFF!"

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
    27. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 14:22 SlimRam

One of the questions that seems to be asked the most in they're forum is (and you have to read this using Jeff Fisher's voice from 'American Dad'):

"WHY am I bent over right now? WHY are my pants down? WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!?"

5. Re: Rift Reaction Sep 21, 2014, 14:39 SlimRam

Yah the wife turned me on to The Knick. She is fascinated by medical type things and urged me to watch it with her. I like it pretty well, although I don't think they have made that many episodes yet. I like that it's apparently loosely based on a real doctor that was:

1) Brilliant
    2) Unorthodox
    3) A drug addict

The scene where he is withdrawing from morphine and the young nurse has to inject him because he's shaking so bad was shocking because up to that point, you didn't realize exactly how much of a junkie he is.
    Also, it's sad about the black surgeon that is basically ignored but he is brilliant also but you see, because of segregation and the attitude towards blacks in general back then, how he is treated so badly.
    If your into medical and surgery type stuff at the turn of the century and medical standards that are amazingly barbaric compared to today e.g. setting a body on fire while trying to cauterize a incision with acting and production that are generally really well done, you might want to check it out.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 11:00 SlimRam

When the first Xbox came out I made sure to get Halo. Honestly it was the reason I got the system in the first place. Anyway my wife really dug the game and she decided that she loved being a sniper. I was just happy that she was actually interested in the game and I had someone to play with. Well over time she actually became quite a good sniper in the game. I preferred it up close and nasty especially with a shotgun or a melee weapon so her being a sniper worked out perfectly.
    Anyway, after we had conquered Halo many times, I decided that I wanted to start playing something else and I wanted her to play too. so of course I had to pick up Serious Sam: The First Encounter. So we're starting the game and my wife asks me, "Am I going to be the sniper?". So I said,"Well, I suppose you can be but Serious Sam is kind of a different sort of game than Halo...like a bit more hectic" (I had already played it on the PC). Well, when the first huge wave of enemies started charging towards us my wife yells out, "OH Shit!" and then she starts running away from them so I'm chasing her on the screen while back tracking and trying to shoot as many of the enemy as possible and she's running all over the map like a crazy person and I'm yelling,"Honey, you REALLY need to start SHOOTING!" HEHEHE we had a blast with that game, and she still remembers playing it and claims it as one of her favorites

News Comments > Minimum Launches
    4. Re: Minimum Launches Sep 16, 2014, 02:56 SlimRam

It just looks soooo...minimal  

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
    99. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 21:31 SlimRam

Goddammit dude. You've really thought this through. Big kudos for one vivid fantasy. Not bad. I especially like the part where all the drunk, stoned and drugged people are shooting the zip wire pinata with shotguns. Awesome!
    Well, PapaRam used to say, "Boy if somebody hasn't gone to the hospital, died or ended up in jail you ain't had a party."
    Of course, every single bluesnews member that showed up to this party would be nothing but VIP all the way. We could all sit up in the sky boxes, bong Crystal, pass the blunt and watch the carnage down below. Paradise!

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
    79. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 16:25 SlimRam

Oooooooh Slim would be DANGEROUS with this kinda money!

I'd rent out a stadium somewhere geographically in the middle of the United States and throw a MASSIVE PARTY! Literally EVERYONE would be invited! First come, first 60,000 served. Party members would be given a hooker and some blow at the door, free of charge! I'd have a waterside built in the middle that you could ride as much as you wanted AND the "water" used for the ride would be 1000's of gallons of 'Olde English 800' malt liquor! There would be a giant disco ball hanging from the ceiling, lasers bouncing all over the place, 20 dollars bills blown all over the stadium as confetti and a giant pinata that looks like a ram and filled with weed and ecstasy bags that's flies around the stadium on a zip wire that you can shoot at with shotguns! An entire hospital staff would be on duty with a triosh center. There would be a motocross track built all the way around the edge of the stadium that anyone would be allowed to race anything on; ambulances or dump trucks, WHY NOT? It would be catered by 'Dairy Queen' because I LOVE me some damn butterscotch Dilly Bars! The event would last an entire weekend with 25 bands playing continuously through out, Flogging Molly IS A MUST! Towards the end of it, they would open the roof and helicopters would dump like 500,000 gallons of cherry KoolAid on everyone and the largest mud fight in HISTORY would commence!

Oh if only *sighs*

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
    48. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 22:36 SlimRam

I have currently 145 hours into this (seriously). I had finally earned enough to buy the GRAND DADDY super huge DELUXE Lakon Type 9 freighter! She was a BEAUT! 440 cargo capacity, shields of the GODS, the abilty to easily jump entirely across the known galaxy on a tank of gas. 3 MILLION credits to own.

I flew one mission with it and began exiting a station for a second run with my big, beautiful shiny new ship

Then I clipped the side of one of the long pylons that sticks out of the sides of some of the different stations you don't usually see and in one single flash of light and poop.

My ship was gone.

I think I died a little on the inside when I realized that I had used all of my money to buy the ship and the cargo I was currently hauling.

I didn't have enough money for the insurance to buy my ship back...

So, I saddled up in my free Sidewinder and...quietly...I headed back out into the black with my heavy heart.

To do it all over again. YES I love this game that much

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
    4. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 09:50 SlimRam

God I love Rockstar! Thank you guys SO much for finally doing this! By the way, do these guys ever freaking miss? Everything they touch turns to gold, amazing.

unfortunately it means I think I'm going to finally have to build another computer, ugh.

News Comments > Into the Black
    7. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2014, 22:47 SlimRam

Well, that BITES!

...see what I did there?

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
    9. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 12:52 SlimRam

"Mister Scott, beam all the Tribbles directly to CBS Interactive's office."  

News Comments > Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week
    10. Re: Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week Sep 11, 2014, 00:01 SlimRam

Trevellian wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 22:23:
    Wallshadows wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 20:32:
    Why on earth would I want to pay for this when I can fire up Planetside 2 which looks a thousand times better.

Oh come on man, this http://youtu.be/ALg8Nzccbnw looks WAY better than Planetside 2. It's amaaaaaaaaazing.
    I think this game has waaaaay more potential...

C'mon SOMEBODY had to do it!

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
    9. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 10, 2014, 23:32 SlimRam

Oh my system suuuuuuuuuuuucks. But dammit, Daddy wants this worse than a cold glass of Pepto-Bismol and Bailey's Irish Cream on a sunday morning after a long night of firewater at the local Hiawatha Teepee Tap Room.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
    19. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 10, 2014, 00:20 SlimRam

I've heard that 'Hanes' and the Oculus Rift are releasing a bundled package for this. Blue boxes contain a pair of men's boxers and a blue Rift, pink boxes contain a pair of women's undies and a pink Rift. You just pick the color of your gender and your set...uh...unless you WANT to pick the pink box and your a guy but...uh...I suppose it's up to the individual?

No. i'm sorry I made that up. But, it would be a cool idea, no?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
    3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2014, 15:58 SlimRam

No mechanical frogs = No purchase  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 16:20 SlimRam

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 15:31:
    OK, I called Joan Rivers death 6 hours too early...<whoops>

Yup, reportedly plastic surgeons all over LA are grieving the loss pretty heavily...

That is all.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
    16. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:55 SlimRam

PHJF wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:29:
    SlimRam wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:07:
    I'm not quite sure I understand the strategy for this? By Crytek's own proclamation they lose money every time they released their titles to PC due to piracy. So, is it really such a wise idea to release a game that is in such demand that they could possibly lose maybe two to three hundred in sales to piracy off of this title versus the 40 to 50 copies sold legitimately?

They are/were under the impression PC sales cannibalized console sales. This isn't an issue with a game that was released, only to consoles, months ago. The cost of porting to PC is largely negligible depending on the engine, especially to a dev studio with a lot of experience in PC games. So virtually any sales will help at this point.

From a management standpoint, they can only be trying to salvage whatever they can from Ryse. It was a catastrophic failure into which they dumped a lot of money, and nobody wants to just COMPLETELY write off such an investment.
    Well, perhaps if they filled the game with ad billboards stylized with a Roman flair and gave the game away for free they might actually make more money than selling it? It might not break immersion too much to see the casual billboard by the roadside (although I imagine the QTE's accomplish this in spades)?

IMAGINE!

"When your starting to get a RYSE, Reach for a Trojan brand condom!"

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
    7. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:07 SlimRam

I'm not quite sure I understand the strategy for this? By Crytek's own proclamation they lose money every time they released their titles to PC due to piracy. So, is it really such a wise idea to release a game that is in such demand that they could possibly lose maybe two to three hundred in sales to piracy off of this title versus the 40 to 50 copies sold legitimately?  

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo