Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 543 (Apprentice)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
79. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 12:53 SlimRam

Flatline wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 12:02:
dsmart wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:41:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:36:
Well, I really hope that the current animations are still the CryEngine default character animations and nothing CIG spent any backer money on. These are by far the shittiest animations I have seen in a very long time. Some of the emote animations are OK-ish but all the basic and general stuff like running, walking backwards, crouching, side-stepping, jumping etc. is outright abysmal. It's completely unnatural looking as if the characters had a metal rod for a spine and zero flexibility in their knees and hips.
This is going to be the laughing stock of the gaming world if they release the FPS module Star Marine with such crappy animations.

In a dev update, they said that they were going to continue using the older (and current) animations for the foreseeable future. They're going mocap, but apparently it's for the SQ42.

I do expect that they will use the new animations for Star Marine. Though I could be wrong.

Either way, yeah, for $90m, 500+ people at the peak of dev, and four years, these are the animations we have.

As to this social module, well...

What's crazy is that in 4 years they've pumped out about the same content as most free mods still in alpha after like... 2 years. Only with the mod scene you're dealing with a dozen people donating their time.
Eh, from what I have read Roberts will drop tons of time and manpower into a whim of his no matter how far fetched it seems just to see how he likes it. If it blows, then he moves on ala: The Helmet Menu. The problem with this is that the money and time it may take to create this and ALSO the fact that development is so, somewhat, transparent AND the fact that it's 'real peoples' money makes crazy shit he may try and fail seem like he's a mad man that's just jerking off with no sense of time frame or budget. I'm guessing that one of Mayberry's jobs was to reel Roberts back in and...now Alex is gone soooooo is somebody holding Chris' reins?

When I fart I laugh and when I laugh I fart. I can entertain myself for hours like this.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 18:22 SlimRam

Julio wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 17:31:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 15:18:
I will have the first virtual wedding there with a 12 year old boy from Vietnam that swore to me that he was a female super model.

I didn't know Jared got internet access in jail.
Yup, kinda puts a whole new meaning on the slogan, "Eat Fresh"

When I fart I laugh and when I laugh I fart. I can entertain myself for hours like this.

7. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 15:18 SlimRam

I will have the first virtual wedding there with a 12 year old boy from Vietnam that swore to me that he was a female super model.  

News Comments > Borderlands Movie Plans
16. Re: Borderlands Movie Plans Aug 29, 2015, 10:54 SlimRam

They need to get Tim Burton to do it and his wife Helena Bonham Carter could be Moxxie! RAAAWWWWWR  

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 29, 2015, 00:38 SlimRam

A zero originality ftp fps, good show Cliff *yawn*  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
212. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 28, 2015, 04:20 SlimRam

Think i'll just leave this right here... Rotfl  

News Comments > Boss Key Teaser
5. Re: Boss Key Teaser Aug 25, 2015, 13:46 SlimRam

#braceyourself

#gofuckyourselfcliffb

Fixed that for ya Cliff! Thumbsup

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2015, 13:57.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 14:46 SlimRam

Blue, me and the wife have watched the first two episodes of 'Blunt Talk' and if you're a Patrick Stewart fan you will not be disappointed. Let's just say that I never thought Stewart could make me laugh so hard  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2015, 14:30 SlimRam

Americans Hailed As Heroes For Subduing Gunman On Train In Belgium.

Love us or hate us, you pull a gun on us and we're GOING to kick you're ASS!

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
11. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 20, 2015, 14:40 SlimRam

Um if you're looking for a game that plays a bit like XCOM but don't like XCOM (I loved the last game) you might want to try Invisible Inc. It's not as deep as XCOM but has some of the same gameplay elements and you can get it cheap, it's fun!  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2015, 12:20 SlimRam

Blue, Pine-Sol. That shit will kill ANYTHING! My mom must have had thousands of gallons of the stuff hidden away somewhere because whenever there was a stinky mess (usually a pet or when we were little ones, sometimes a tragic accidental poop...oh WHO am I kidding, I pooped them last week ). Well anyway it leaves a funky smell of it's own but it'll go away soon enough.  

News Comments > Zombi Released
5. Re: Zombi Released Aug 18, 2015, 23:18 SlimRam

MajorD wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 21:02:

I thought this was a much better trailer than the first one I saw, but still not too interested. Been busy playing my second run through of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but the Director's Cut this time around. Wow, I forgot how great he game really is.

So right about Deus Ex:HR. I've played that damn game at least 3 times and i've wanted to play it again! I love the series so much I even played 'The Fall'. Kinda weird game and the controls were jacked but I still played and enjoyed it because I love where the series is going.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 18, 2015, 22:42 SlimRam

The only way this can possibly end is badly.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 14, 2015, 04:07 SlimRam

With the thoughts from a militant mind
Hardline, hardline after hardline

Landlords and power whores
On my people they took turns
Dispute the suits I ignite
And then watch 'em burn

Burn, burn, yes ya gonna burn!

Rage Against The Machine - Bomb Track

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
30. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 13, 2015, 12:52 SlimRam

Well...I installed it...after a 29 gig download. It installed fine and then I noticed that it was a bit dark...I tried the brightness controls and...they didn't work? Seriously, HOW do the brightness controls NOT work??? I have a joystick and the default ship twitches around like a epileptic fish. The controls feel spongy and yet over sensitive

Soooooooo, 3 years and, I believe, 87 million now and THIS is what they have to show...WOW just wow. If ANYTHING this demo would make me run as far away from this "game" as possible. This demo was 29 gigs and 1 hour of wasted time...and NO Mobile Space Burrito Surprise and Spare Part Space Truck

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
21. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 13, 2015, 03:54 SlimRam

I think i'm gonna give it a go, I told my wife to take my credit cards in case I start bowing and praying in front of my monitor saying,"Christ Roberts is my Savior!"

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2015, 04:35.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 12, 2015, 12:34 SlimRam

• Crackdown 3 (finally) proves why Microsoft put Xbox One's head in the cloud.

• I played the first one and it was pretty fun but...aren't these guys supposed to be cops? How does destroying the city translate into " Protect and Serve". I can see the news interview with the police chief now...

"Chief, you're officers did 40 billion dollars in damage and cost the lives of at lease 1000 people. How do you respond to these allegations of blatant disregard for human life?"

"Well, we got our man. Now the citizens of this fine town, however many may have survived, can breathe easier knowing this criminal scum is off our decimated streets."

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2015, 05:56 SlimRam

BobBob wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 01:02:
    Thank you! Here is a draft. The story is evolving... I have a lot of ideas. But I need to figure out if I can write down and convey the images, characters, etc. that are in mind to words.

L.E.S.

Please feel free to criticize, judge, or fall asleep on it. ANY feedback is good feedback! Even if you say it's horrible. That's still helpful. Thumbsup

Bob, you write like a dyslexic 7 year old I'm kidding of course, I didn't find it too bad. I would suggest not describing the entire, painfully boring process of heating a cup of coffee in a microwave...weather this was his first or 100th time doing this it is never going to be interesting and doesn't warrant an entire paragraph being devoted to the process of doing it IF you are describing this much detail to convey the fact that he is an observer looking in on this person's life experiences in wonder e.g. 'He smarted at the actual feeling of the heated coffee mug in his hands...it felt SO REAL!' but it seems like the person wearing the L.E.S. isn't actually aware, at the time, that he is experiencing someone else's life, correct?. Also, I don't think I would write out the sound effects for things happening in the story so often. I KNOW a lot of authors do this but...I find it annoying unless the action is happening out of the subjects field of view (off camera so to speak). The helicopter that approached the subject from behind, out on the street, made sense because he couldn't see it and so you described only what he heard as it grew closer to him; that worked. Describing the buzz his phone made while sitting on his desk when it's right in front of him is quite unnecessary (we all know what this sounds like so you don't need to write out "Buzzz...buzzz...buzzz").

I LOVE the subject matter of the story but just be aware that it has been done before (honestly there doesn't seem to be too many original stories happening in any form of media anymore ). I don't actually read a lot but two movies that come to mind off the top of my head are Strange Days and Brainstorm; you might want to check them out if you haven't?. As far as quitting you're day job...well...let's don't go crazy just yet Not too bad though, stick with it!

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2015, 07:58.

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
    84. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 22:30 SlimRam

Well, after watching a lot of the Gamescom video I believe that it should put most of the naysayers to bed. It's perfectly clear now that a great deal of the finances flung towards Cloud Imperium Games has, in fact, gone to improved game play;

mainly dancing...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
    1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 8, 2015, 13:37 SlimRam

• Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

• Good to know such old games are still supported for Xbox One backwards compatibility...

543 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo