Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1845 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans?
2. Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans? Jul 18, 2015, 15:50 Quinn

If you come into my store, saying you want MY promotiondeal... but for another store, I would tell you to piss the fuck off too plus insult your intelligence. Wtf do think, Flak?!

Besides... Steam, Uplay... Potato, potato. Why give a shit?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
38. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 10:06 Quinn

Slashman wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 09:23:
Lorcin wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 05:54:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 21:02:

You're either blind or trolling if you think this looks worse than Fallout 3 with a few mods. Also, you have no idea about the plots, characters, dungeons, surprises or anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJk75wxAF7Q

You think that's better? They replaced a dead land with lush greenery. They replaced some textures and made things that are supposed to look ancient look like they just came off an assembly line.

Still no exterior shadows.

The fuck, is this still up for debate? No shit Fallout 4 looks like shit, relatively, considering its not 2010 but 2015.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

35. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 08:19 Quinn

shihonage wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 06:13:
Bethesda making Dogmeat invulnerable means there will be heavy-handed emotional manipulation cutscenes which will of course fail because Dogmeat has been invulnerable and you never grew to care about it.

That company wouldn't know storytelling if it sat on Todd Howard's face.

I don't agree. In fact, I call utter bullshit.

Have you ever played Mass Effect? If you did, you probably did get attached to characters. None of them were not immortal in combat. None.

In fact, any important NPC in any game I can come up with is immortal in this sense.

The fact that they CAN die in the story depending on your decisions, that's what matters. The interaction you have with the characters outside of combat, that's what matters -- that's what develops a relationship, like that first moment you meet Dogmeat in this video.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 06:05 Quinn

Now I'm finally looking forward to it. I like it how Dogmeat has killing moves (was that in FO3?) and I really like the fact that the protagonist finally has a perso ality. I can understand many FO fans disagree with the latter, and I hope the game won't have many more disappointments for those people.

I, for one, really liked what I saw here.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
120. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 17, 2015, 09:27 Quinn

dsmart wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 08:30:
Zandog wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 02:41:
In short: Until Derek is FULLY transparent with his own arguments and WHO it is he is apparently workign with on this little crusade of his, then his articles amount to nothing more than conspiracy theories based on lots of opinion, and conjecture and nothing much else.

TL;DR but sorry, that's not how it works. When the media, bloggers etc write stories, nobody asks them to cite sources. Get real.

The fact is that, anyone who thinks that me, a public figure, would write stuff in public that I wasn't sure of, opening myself to legal (which is why I always run these articles through legal first) action, is a fool.

my latest article, Interstellar Justice, is now online.

I generally agree with you, but be careful with that TL;DR thing. Your articles take some long seconds to scroll through

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
39. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 17, 2015, 08:17 Quinn

Krowen wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 23:38:
Quinn wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 16:14:
I do agree it is a clusterfuck but so were other titles at early release.

No one gives a shit, stop making excuses for this shitty port that had to be pulled from the market.

My point is that you are shortsighted. My point is that if there was no refund policy, there was no pulling from the market. My point is that it's overexaggerated bullshit born from PC community vocal nutjobs, mostly, and a decision made in panic by a publisher due to the refund policy.

I believe -- and admit it's likely! -- that if the game was never pulled... A new patch or patches would have already been released, let alone the DLC.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

30. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 18:51 Quinn

Sempai wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 18:18:
I see a marketing opportunity here for WB.

Re-release it in the fall! Batman Arkham Knight RE-MASTERD HD!
Buy it now for the kids for that perfect gift under the tree!

And it's hilarious that more than a decade later, video game publishers/devs STILL do not give one single fuck about SLI/CF, and why gamers go on spending their money on 2 cards instead of 1.

Things never change.

Yeah, well... Time to learn from it perhaps? I always felt like a single top-end GPU was better than 2 lessers and I didn't feel like spending the money for 2 top-ends. There's always been fucking issues with SLI/CF. Always. To me, that's always been a "Oooo K... No thank you.".

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 16:14 Quinn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 14:29:
Quinn wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 14:02:
If only they improved their data streaming a little so I would suffer a tad less micro-stuttering, it wouldve been enough for me. Now that it's off the shelves, I feel like I can say goodbye to the occasional patch that would've included said fix.

What most of you fail to realize is that this game is motherfucking gorgeous. The level of detail is insane all across the city. I honestly think that 80+% of the whiners simply have too weak a PC. The recommended specs were a lie.
If the game doesn't support SLI, as was mentioned earlier, then you can't say it's about not having the specs. I have a GTX 970 SLI setup and game at 1600p - without SLI I'm simply not going to get the performance I expect.

You can't say it's just whiners when the publisher considered the game so bad they decided to pull it entirely and spend months fixing it. I mean the game was capped at 30fps, FFS! Wanker Bros fucked up.

I do agree it is a clusterfuck but so were other titles at early release. DX11 wasn't implemented well for some games including a Batman title, for example, some other games were stupidly capped at 30fps too, and there are hoards of other examples. So many, in fact, that I'm actually mindblank atm :\ Most of these games get patched and FIXED within a month.

To me, this game shouldn't have been any different. It runs crap for most people, but for the high-end users it runs perfectly fine except for this fucking micro-stutter thing that does really piss me off.

Right now, I just hope Rocksteady isn't sweating blood and tears trying to get this gorgeous game to run with a solid 60fps on mid-end systems. But I think they will try, because after this removing-from-shelves leap they basically can't deliver anything less than that -- or so they will believe, and so will many dumb users. Re-releasing the game, whenever that will be, will be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, I'm afraid.

This is exactly why I don't see the refund policy as black-and-white but as a gray area. Over-emotional morons (aka majority of the vocal gaming community) will always -- ALWAYS! -- hit that refund button.

I just believe that if this game WAS NOT removed from the shelves, 3 pathes would have been out already. One of them fixing or at least improving the micro-stutter issue.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 14:02 Quinn

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 11:18:
I seem to recall one or two people here blasting "whiney PC gamers" for being childish and demanding refunds when the game only needed a "quick patch" like every other game. Derp.

Looking forward to playing it eventually.

If only they improved their data streaming a little so I would suffer a tad less micro-stuttering, it wouldve been enough for me. Now that it's off the shelves, I feel like I can say goodbye to the occasional patch that would've included said fix.

What most of you fail to realize is that this game is motherfucking gorgeous. The level of detail is insane all across the city. I honestly think that 80+% of the whiners simply have too weak a PC. The recommended specs were a lie.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer Jul 16, 2015, 04:12 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 01:09:
Never played the first two. Are they good?

The second is well worth the few bucks you can get it for these days. Hell, it still looks gorgeous!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial Jul 15, 2015, 10:00 Quinn

Same here. I loved DA:I. I was, in fact, strangely obsessed with it -- I dreamt about it, woke up in the night thinking about what to do at the war-table... it was getting pretty crazy tbh!

While I LOVE the Witcher 3 -- it's simply a fantastic game! -- I never had the above with it. In fact I sometimes couldn't really get myself to start it up, even. Why? Well, is there such a thing as "too much content"? I believe there is, at least for people like me who are pretty stressed out with work and don't really have that much time on their hands. That middle of the map you were dropped in to at the Hanged Man's Tree was pretty damned intimidating and at some point the crazy completionist in me begged -- oh, how he begged! -- not to find any more contracts or exclamation points.
The game didn't hear my prayers... ever.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed
17. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 07:31 Quinn

Krovven wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 06:24:
Quinn wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 05:57:
Linksil wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 22:12:
Quinn wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 21:37:

Lets make one thing absolutely clear: You most probably do not have a better rig than mine and you do have the same stutters I was having, but you are simply less susceptible to it. Krovven posted with the same bravado as you and even uploaded a video to proof his game did not have performance issues, which it obviously had to me a person who is EXTREMELY susceptible to fps drops and stutters.

So, with that in mind... GFY.

I've got a pretty old rig in gaming years. Most of the reason I don't have any issues with the game is because i'm not trying to run it beyond my rig. Yes there are port issues, and things that shouldn't have made it into a PC port for us master race users.(Batmobile for all the fun handles horrible on mouse/keyboard being very minor but annoying.) But I'm not having any suttering. I'm very good at noticing fps drops and stutters. I've had maybe 3 times were my frames dropped below the 30fps cap and never had the stuttering that others have posted in videos. I've had multiple people over watching me play and they couldn't notice anything either. Maybe some people are overly sensitive (same thing said about 3D) but if your rig is as good as you say it is, just run it at the 30fps cap and you'll be good.

Ehm, I didn't buy a GTX980 to play a game at 30fps. But apparently you can play this at 30fps and be happy with it :/

Because editing a config file is HARD! Right?

We all get that it's dumb that it's not an option in-game to unlock it, let alone being locked in the first place, but that's not a problem preventing the game from running properly. It doesn't break the game in any way.

Are you so elite with your high end computer that you are incapable of editing a text file? Last I checked, being able to edit these files was one of the perks of PC gaming and not something that PC gamers generally whine about being able to do.

Krovven, ofc I have edited the config file. First thing I did among other tweaks. What I meant with that last line was that I find it no surprise that the guy was claiming he had no performance issues when he's ok playing it capped at 30 fps.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2015, 08:02.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 05:57 Quinn

Linksil wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 22:12:
Quinn wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 21:37:

Lets make one thing absolutely clear: You most probably do not have a better rig than mine and you do have the same stutters I was having, but you are simply less susceptible to it. Krovven posted with the same bravado as you and even uploaded a video to proof his game did not have performance issues, which it obviously had to me a person who is EXTREMELY susceptible to fps drops and stutters.

I've got a pretty old rig in gaming years. Most of the reason I don't have any issues with the game is because i'm not trying to run it beyond my rig. Yes there are port issues, and things that shouldn't have made it into a PC port for us master race users.(Batmobile for all the fun handles horrible on mouse/keyboard being very minor but annoying.) But I'm not having any suttering. I'm very good at noticing fps drops and stutters. I've had maybe 3 times were my frames dropped below the 30fps cap and never had the stuttering that others have posted in videos. I've had multiple people over watching me play and they couldn't notice anything either. Maybe some people are overly sensitive (same thing said about 3D) but if your rig is as good as you say it is, just run it at the 30fps cap and you'll be good.

Ehm, I didn't buy a GTX980 to play a game at 30fps. But apparently you can play this at 30fps and be happy with it :/

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 11, 2015, 21:37 Quinn

Linksil wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 20:50:
Sooo basically for those of us playing the PC version and have NO problems your delaying the promised content. This is fine if you hadn't insisted on taking all the money up front of said content. This is saying that you really don't care at all about the PC players and are willing to shaft us even more. If you really cared and wanted to make amends you would do something like just refund us the Season pass and still give us full access.

I've been loving the game... have no issues with it... but having finished it and not wanting to cut my wrists on riddler trophys to get the proper ending there's no reason for me to keep this game around on my HD.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
151. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 11, 2015, 10:36 Quinn

Julio wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 12:06:
Zandog wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 02:48:
Bluesnews comments are a toxic cesspool of hate for Star Citizen.

There's one reason right there why this site can be great at times. Wonder if there could be a "toxic cesspool of hate for Star Citizen" banner at the top of the page next to the Blue's logo?

It's indeed toxic. Good, unfiltered critique you will find here and therefore the hate is quite contagious.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Into the Stars Early Access
20. Re: Into the Stars Early Access Jul 10, 2015, 05:16 Quinn

Oh my, one look at this trailer and i'm already certain this game will be a great game and great success. It's like Civilization meets X-Rebirth (if that one hadn't failed).  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
90. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 19:56 Quinn

The time is nigh. Roberts will buckle. The game will be released within months.
It will suck.
It will be the greatest gaming scandal ever.
Mark my words.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 7, 2015, 17:10 Quinn

Shadowgate looks kinda interesting, actually. Never heard of it!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
121. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 13:15 Quinn

Let me tell you what will happen in the next couple of weeks:

1. More and more people/backers will grow pissed and impatient;

2. They can no longer be calmed down by helmet animations and other over-ambitious, empty promises;

3. The media will play along with the masses, and starts questioning this undelivering 80+ milion dollar project;

4. Robert will buckle, and release a piece of garbage of a game within a few months;

5. Lawsuits will follow, backers will cry, rationalists will eat popcorn, and this shit will go down as one of the biggest fucking game scandals of the century.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
109. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 07:12 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 22:19:
dsmart wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 19:43:
This one guy, went completely over-the-top with his complaint. You have to read it to believe it.

Either way, the FTC has no choice but to look into it, and stop this crazy funding nonsense, so they can complete the damn game backers paid for back in 2012.

That is an extremely well written complaint by Mr. Bo Chen, and the level of detail doesn't seem to be excessive,to me at least. Anybody who helped Kickstart this game or bought non-existent ships should be pissed. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but at the very least I hope it'll dissuade future Kickstarter Backers from gambling their money away so easily.

Disclaimer: I am not a KS backer of Star Citizen or anything, but I was interested in playing the single player version when I first heard about it years ago.

I cant see whats wrong with the complaint either. Why would anyone wave his points off the table as "excessive level of detail"? Isn't that a good thing if you're a smart guy and can filter information out? There's nothing wrong with excessive detail. Some people need more detail than you to draw a conclusion and he provides it. You see this same shit going on in public debates, people just wave an entire argument away with a chort for whatever bullshit reason... Like "excessive detail". Read his complaint. Why would you want to see him banned?

What I waved off the table is this game. I have forgotten about it a long, long time ago and seeing all those updates tire me so much pieces of my soul die. This game is dead, people, until it's not. This game does not exist, until it does. The existence of this game is innocent, until proven guilty. Stop wasting our time.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1845 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo