Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1570 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
53. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 07:07 Quinn

To be honest, I don't understand this whole 4K profit-whore of a hype thing going on. 4K is basically useless if you have a normal.. say 27" screen which leads to my opinion that I don't think you need a screen much bigger than that in a M/KB setting -- in this setting you're generally sitting at a desk, less than a meter from your monitor no?

I just don't understand this 4K hype, and, like music on the radio, it's only such a hit because the media can't shut up about it. So I'm kinda annoyed that Rockstar gave us this bullshit "benchmark" on this 4k system that can run 4k resolutions flawlessly -- it's not representative to the majority of the target group.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
48. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 03:04 Quinn

Judging from those screenshots, people with a new 1200 dollar rig are fucked let alone people with a 2 year old rig.

The system requirements they released earlier are absolute bullshit, I'd think, unless you put everything on minimum.

First thing I'll try is lower the population and population variety. I'll lower the shadow quality, level of detail in the distance, pick an easy AA option and tone down reflections a little. If these manipulations don't make this game run great on my GTX680.. I'll be pissed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Free Elder Scrolls Online Weekend for Beta Players
15. Re: Free Elder Scrolls Online Weekend for Beta Players Apr 9, 2015, 02:44 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 00:13:
Well you can already get it for $40US +/- on some reseller sites like G2A so yeah, I'd suspect it'll come down quick. They had to go F2P because they didn't have the numbers to make a sub model viable. F2P isn't going to work either if people aren't buying the client and I can't imagine many are at this price point.

It's not F2P. It's B2P. It's a huge difference. Huge.

With F2P, it's "free" but you're basically crippled until you flap open your wallet. With B2P, it's the standard model for any other game like GTAV or Wolfenstein etc: You buy it and you get everything the game has to offer. Good items will drop and your account is not limited in any way unlike F2P models. The ingame store is for cosmetics and mounts only.

I've been playing ESO again since it got B2P. There are players everywhere! It's possitively crowded with both new and old players. The ingame community is amazing. Veterans help the noobs with the noobie questions in a generally patient and friendly fashion. Within 2 minutes I have a team together for dungeon runs with the group finder.

Like I said in an earlier thread, I know I would continue playing ESO for months ahead, but with GTAV coming out followed by TW3.. time won't allow it.

ESO is the shit!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > More on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Today
3. Re: More on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Today Apr 8, 2015, 10:34 Quinn

Really excited for this. DX:HR was amazing. I finished it 3 times (last time GOTY edition with dev comments, really interesting experience!).

I'm happy to see they're using the same protagonist again, Adam Jensen. Also looking forward to the original Deus Ex remake coming 2018.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video
26. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 8, 2015, 10:31 Quinn

Dacron wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:01:
Quinn wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:00:

I think it's safe to say that absolutely nobody other than you two give a solid fuck about your squabble.

Yet YOU wasted your time on it, you cared enough to comment.

And you didn't have to. You could have easily ignored it. Yet YOU decided you would rather antagonize. Kudos.

I don't like being called a liar by someone who can't read, and can't stand people who start ARGUING that someone elses discussion doesn't please THEM. Ignore the urge to reply, be better off for it.

CAN..NOT..IGNORE!

What can I say.. I'm at work at it's a quiet day. Sorry. T_T

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 10:25 Quinn

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:21:
60 Gig. Heh. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm never gonna download that...

Why not? If I'm correct ESO has a similar size. In fact the size doesn't shock me as much as it does a remarkable lot of people here. It's still a huge size, and huge enough to joke about but.. yeah.. Why not?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 10:16 Quinn

Blue wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:09:
Quinn wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:04:
Man, I hope this installer has a proper fail-safe. Imagine you're at 58GB and your house has a power-outage. Oh, the rage..

It does... mine would drop the connection repeatedly and reconnect. This seems to be working better now: Most of yesterday the download crawled (at one point it literally estimated it wouldn't be done before the game was released), but it finished up pretty quickly today.

That's good to know! I'll keep it running tonight (CET). If it could reach at least 10mb/s it'll be done preloading tomorrow early morning.

And damnit.. I literally just realized I don't have the game yet. A buddy would buy it for me, my interest because I keep lending him money. *grabbing his phone, ready to poke*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 10:04 Quinn

Man, I hope this installer has a proper fail-safe. Imagine you're at 58GB and your house has a power-outage. Oh, the rage..  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

24. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 8, 2015, 10:00 Quinn

Dacron wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 09:55:
You're on drugs.

I've had my Vice City (or is it San Andreas? I own both, cant recall) key in my GMG account under GTA 5 since January.

Thanks for coming out and continually fighting while you are wrong. GTA 5 keys added yesterday, the pre order bonus was delivered in January.

You must have missed it. Easy to do for some people I guess. No shame in that.

I think it's safe to say that absolutely nobody other than you two give a solid fuck about your squabble.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 09:54 Quinn

My phoneline will be busy for the next couple of weeks, guys. If you need to contact me, drive by my house or send me a postcard.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
2. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 18:48 Quinn

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:40:
I'll wait for the Extended/Director's Cut/Whatever The Fuck Else They Decide To Call It to go on sale for $15. How would we already have two expansions, complete with play times, if they weren't planned and cut from the full title? I'm sick of this shitty trend. A lot of the stuff I've been seeing of this game makes me less than confident it will be a quality PC release anyway. Too busy playing GTA 5 at the moment to listen. XD

Watch the videos and remember that they claimed the game is already 200 fucking hours. Take that with a grain of salt, make that 100 hours. Chew on that shit for a while and stfu. Thinking companies trust in their product and think ahead. What do you think Apple is doing during the production of the iPhone 6? Good thinking, lad! They're already working on the iPhone 7! Shocker!

"I wait for it to go on sale" blegh blegh blegh. Even worse than a fucking pirate. At least what they contribute is word of mouth.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
56. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 7, 2015, 05:36 Quinn

mag wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 12:28:
Quinn wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 19:04:
While being an absolute SUCKER!!!! for games like NWN, this game just doesn't offer the same quality. I got blinded by some what seems to me irrational enthusiasm on this and some other sites, and bought it anyway.

There was some sort of superiority thing going on before this game got out. In some sense the quality of the game was measured by a particular, unique difficulty that separated this cRPG with the likes of NWN.

But when I got the game.. and I realized the graphics and story weren't impressive and the combat was easy as shit once I got my Christian Bale gun blazin' priest, I realized this game simply doesn't do anything better than NWN or any of its clones.

I'm done. Enjoying a fuckton out of ESO again, looking forward to GTAV and TW3 and cannot wait for Sword Coast Legends. I'll restart this shit when I'm 82 years old and any other form of visual entertainment gives me a stroke.

I see that a lot of people that dislike this game were expecting it to be NWN. This game was never intended to be NWN. Its influences were Baldur's Gate and the other infinity engine games, whereas NWN was... a pretty different sort of game. And kinda vastly inferior, to a lot of the people that liked BG.

Funny choice of words when you mentioned "inferior". This is the attitude BG fans have toward games like NWN. I wonder why this is. Is it because there's this delusion that these BG games are more difficult? More mature? Because that's just utter bullshit, and there's some cognitive reframing necessary for those who truly think BG games are somehow "superior" to the "inferior" NWN games.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 7, 2015, 05:28 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 03:00:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 00:31:
Bradley wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 20:37:
That dialog is horrible.

The dialog is very similar to what you'd find in the books.

Really? The books use "Yeah" and "Gotcha?"

Huh? I guess it's because my mother language is foreign that I don't see the problem with "Yeah" and "Gotcha", unless it's some king or general that says it. I haven't seen the vid yet.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 7, 2015, 03:39 Quinn

Osc8r wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 19:23:
I guess some people like boring MMO's with terrible combat - they must play for the lore or something.

Just goes to show there's fanboys for every game!

I'm no lore fan. In fact, I can't even call myself a fanboy because in some way, I find TES' fantasy setting relatively boring compared to, for example, Forgotten Realms. I don't read the books littered all over the place in game either. The quests are awesome, though, and I don't skip through any of the dialogues ever.

As for the combat, I don't think it's boring at all! Once you get weapon-switch (which also switches your action bar to match with the weapon-switch), you can perform some really complicated stuff that could just turn the tide of battle. I particularly love the combat with my Templar (2h for dps, 1h+shield for tanking.. 1 healing skill in both styles).

Jivaro wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 22:43:

Quinn - I am going to be picking up the Imperial Edition. Not for any real reason other than I can. I was going to make an Imperial for the Daggerfall Cov, so I most likely will take your advice.

Nice! Imperial Edition! I don't have that =( Would've loved to be an Imperial.

I'm stunned by how much better the Daggerfall Covenant is compared to the other 2. I don't know if another team did it or whatever, but I'm simply in love with it.

If my wish came true, millions of gamers would hate me... but I'd wish GTAV would be delayed another month. Right now I'm having crazy much fun with ESO again and I know I won't have the willpower not to play GTAV the moment it's released. Knowing myself, after 2 months of not playing ESO I'll have lost my connection with my character and probably reroll again... and I love Thadius Quinn, my Red Guard Paladin.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

27. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 18:51 Quinn

Jivaro wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 16:05:
Drayth wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 12:18:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 09:37:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 03:08:
Must. Resist. Buying...

Stop it with all this positive crap...

Oh gawd dammit...now I am going to buy it...

A bit of advice... Don't just click through the dialogs with the NPCs... Really soak in what is going on for the particular quest... and you will enjoy the game a whole lot more.

This. The attention to detail in this MMO is outstanding. Click random NPC's who are even semi-involved in a quest and they'll often have unique things to say before, during (if applicable) and after a quest.

Good to hear. I was in the late beta process because I had it pre-ordered. It was, as everyone pretty much agrees, quite the mess so I cancelled my pre-order. I am a TES fanboy though and I have been really tempted to give it another go now that it's B2P and so many of the issues I had with the game appear to be addressed in one way or another. I am a guy that spends 85% of the time I am in a MMO playing solo because I have to keep starting and stopping due to back issues. (makes it annoying for everyone else when I have to keep taking breaks...it's why I quit raiding in SWTOR and WoW) A MMO that provides a solo experience worth the price of admission, particularly without a sub, is always going to get my attention.

You have 100+ hours worth of solo play. Only when you want to defeat difficult world bosses or do group dungeons you'd have to group up. Nothing keeps you from doing quests though. Of course, like every other MMO, if you wanna go gear hunting end-game.. you'd have to start grouping. You know there's 3 factions right? The good thing is that it doesn't really matter which one you pick. After you complete your main story, you can continue lvling your veteran ranks doing another faction (which is properly scaled to your level). You're not restricted to a certain faction by which race you pick anymore either, btw, from the start.

PS: I've tried all 3 factions now and the Daggerfall(?) Covenant is by far the best, atmosphere wise.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 21:50 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 19:16:
Quinn wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 19:01:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 18:41:
I'd be more than willing to give TESO an honest, one month beatdown to see if it can keep me interested but it's a pain in the ass that the game is $70 to experience all the newness. Give me a deep weekend sale otherwise I am more interested in spending that money on Elite Dangerous or dumping in to Path of Exile.

$70,-? Seriously, where the fuck do you guys live or buy your games!? You can get ESO for half that price.

Where the heck are you buying?

54.99 on GMG for ESO Online
79.99 on GMG for ESO Online complete ultimate imperial edition (aka, the only edition where you get everything)

That's 88$

Even with a sale you'll have a hard time getting that any lower. As there weren't any decent sales that I can find, ever.

With these prices the game prices itself out of the European market too.

Here you go.

That's 51,30 for the Imperial Edition. Granted, I wasn't thinking of the actual Imperial Edition when he mentioned the 70 dollars. The normal edition is only 29,-.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 19:01 Quinn

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 18:41:
I'd be more than willing to give TESO an honest, one month beatdown to see if it can keep me interested but it's a pain in the ass that the game is $70 to experience all the newness. Give me a deep weekend sale otherwise I am more interested in spending that money on Elite Dangerous or dumping in to Path of Exile.

$70,-? Seriously, where the fuck do you guys live or buy your games!? You can get ESO for half that price.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 13:31 Quinn

I'm one of the ESO fans. There's *something* to the game that just has me enjoying it so very, very much. I feel a strong connection with my character, running around doing quests while finding treasure chests and runes for enchantment makes exploring worth it and enjoyable. Every single quest is actually a quest-chain, with choices and consequences and an interesting story. I just love the gamw, and if you haven't played it, don't judge it. And no, it's no Skyrim. And who expected as much should get looked at.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 11:41 Quinn

Hard to get GTAV cheap anywhere somehow. I'm taking it easy. Having a crazy good time with ESO again and I don't want to see that spoiled by GTAV no matter how desperately I want it. Keep your eyes out at kinguin.net and g2a.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
44. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 19:04 Quinn

While being an absolute SUCKER!!!! for games like NWN, this game just doesn't offer the same quality. I got blinded by some what seems to me irrational enthusiasm on this and some other sites, and bought it anyway.

There was some sort of superiority thing going on before this game got out. In some sense the quality of the game was measured by a particular, unique difficulty that separated this cRPG with the likes of NWN.

But when I got the game.. and I realized the graphics and story weren't impressive and the combat was easy as shit once I got my Christian Bale gun blazin' priest, I realized this game simply doesn't do anything better than NWN or any of its clones.

I'm done. Enjoying a fuckton out of ESO again, looking forward to GTAV and TW3 and cannot wait for Sword Coast Legends. I'll restart this shit when I'm 82 years old and any other form of visual entertainment gives me a stroke.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1570 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo