Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1459 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
81. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 14, 2015, 07:49 Quinn

If those specs are accurate, they must have mastered the art of optimization! Excited!

As for the "at this time" comment 2 weeks ago... To me that's just the typical, smug Rockstar attitude -- like 14 year olds who think they're being witty.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
42. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 13, 2015, 10:40 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 10:13:
So I guess they've lied about the game not being delayed.
March 24th is the new date
I don't get their mentality of confirm there is no delay and 4 days later they delay the game.
They didn't know 4 days ago the game will be pushed back?

Indeed. What the fuck?! They just being smug or something? Since -- ha ha! -- there was no official delay announced yet at that time! Does fit the image I have of them, which is a bunch of kids jerking off every night with a controller in their other hand and a joint in their mouth and who are somehow fucking great at making games.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2015, 10:45.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
18. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 14:43 Quinn

Now I'm really, REALLY happy that the game is delayed. My GTX680 will be raped by this game, so in these few months I hope deeply that AMD will come with a stunningly awesome GPU, so that I can buy an Nvidia masterpiece that will have gone down in price considerably because of it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
67. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 17:48 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 17:05:
I'm a Veteran backer since 1/22/2013 (back when SC had around $5.5M)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/HydraClawe

I've drop $930.00. I own these ships: Cutlass, Aurora, Freelancer, 350R, M50, Hornet Ghost, Avenger, Starfarer, Herald

I'm not dropping another dime on this game until Chris tells HOW MUCH TOTAL he needs to make this game. It feel like a money sink.

The things you could have done, the places you could have visited, the african babies you could have helped for $930,-... But what did you do? You threw it into a wishing well.

I hope the wish will come true, somewhere before 2020.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

63. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 11:49 Quinn

Kajetan wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 07:25:
Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 17:40:
That's how it should be, yes, but every interview with the guy I read, that seems to not be what he's saying. He seems to be saying that the money NEEDS to keep coming in in order for this game to be made (which goes 100% against what crowdfunding is, eg, you promise to do this for this much money, and you need to deliver what you promised, or something close to it, when you get that money.)
He seems to do that to some people. To others, not.

I backed SC with a few dollars at the Kickstarter campaign because i wanted a new "Wing Commander" style game. This year they will release the first part of SQ42. If this turns out to be an enjoyable game, good. If not, well, its called backers risk for a reason

Concerning the PU, the shooter module, the MP in general ... perhaps i will look into it someday, perhaps not.

You didn't back it for the shooter module or space-pets. You backed it for the SQ42 campaign which is what they promised for less than a slither of what the crowd has funded by now. That begs two questions: 1. Why is it suddenly episodic. 2. Why are you so forgiving

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 19:57 Quinn

"Star Citizen isnít a sprint, it isnít even a marathon. There is no final finish line the way you would have with a traditional retail game. Star Citizen is a way of life for as long as the community is engaged by it."

To me, this completely sounds like the game is never gonna finish and that it will remain some weird hybrid-game prototype as long as the crowd herd keeps funding it.

This did it for me. Hopped the fence. I'm with the doomsayers now.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
85. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 31, 2014, 10:10 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 12:13:
I want those rape sims to be greenlit next please
They are just pixels so should be no big deal right?

Killing humans in gamee is something that's done since Wolfenstein (and I'm sure before that). It wasn't a problem then so why should it be now?

Raping is another thing. We don't liberate outposts in Far Cry by raping everyone in it. Commander Shepard's plan wasn't to literally rape the Reapers and nor did the Reapers threat to literally rape the galaxy. But, if from now on the great majority decides its OK to create a game where you can run around raping people -- wne rape incidents don't increase because kf it -- than I am having a hard time to argue with it, too. So far America's laws for gun ownership is the problem for the shooting incidents, anyway. I don't think rape incidents will increase with a rape game, unless America changes its laws about rape. "As long as you're a responsible rapist, all is swell." -_-

Whoops getting off-topic...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Adds One Shot Mode; Double XP
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Adds One Shot Mode; Double XP Dec 27, 2014, 18:55 Quinn

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 14:07:
Pathetic attempt.

I'm always hearing Desann when someone says that...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2014, 13:08 Quinn

Jivaro wrote on Dec 24, 2014, 15:34:
I am still having the same CTD with DA:I that I have been having since launch so for now it's on the shelf. I love the game but it's too frustrating with the random CTD. The new NVIDIA drivers didn't fix the problem. Eventually it will get sorted I am sure but it is a tad annoying.

If you always let your PC sleep instead of atruly shutting it down, that may be the problem. I started having CTDs so I rebooted my PC again after weeks of just putting it to sleep. Game took a while longer to load and the main menu went kinda nuts after said reboot but that was a one time thing. Been playing for days after that without restarting or shutting down the PC and no CTDs anymore.

May have something to do with the GPU memory? The maps load awefully long after a reboot, yet are done in mere seconds after just restarting the game even after the PC being in sleep mode!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 10:15 Quinn

Edit: *opened the windows to get the stench out*

Brainfart moment =D

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2014, 10:20.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 10:00 Quinn

I had no motivation whatsoever to continue playing THIEF. Somehow I did, and finished it too, but it was one big forgettable "blegh" the whole way through. Btw, I tried so. fucking. hard. to like it, too.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 23, 2014, 04:53 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 07:29:
The Wolf Among Us is on sale and I'm thinking about picking it up but I have a concern. I've heard from several people that there likely won't be a season 2 since Telltales other teams are on other projects and it didn't sell very well. Is it relatively self contained or does it lack any form of closure? I don't want to have it end on a big cliff hanger then never get to find out what happens.

Shite! I just bought the game for 5,75 euros under the assumption that season 2 would be on the way -- somehow I just assumed this game was selling well. A game without closure feels like a stab in the kidneys so here's for hoping it's self contained -_-

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 04:43 Quinn

PropheT wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 01:37:
harlock wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 22:21:
keep hearing good stuff about wolfenstein so i guess ima have to play it

It's worth picking up for sure. The gameplay is solid if still pretty standard stuff, but the story is engaging and well-told.

I just impulse bought it because I was bored and it was $25 on a Steam sale at the beginning of the summer, and it wound up being one of the best games I played this year.

I agree completely. It's a solid game and finally an FPS that doesn't try to be more than what it is.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 01:21 Quinn

The Wolf Among Us for Ä5,75 is an absolute steal!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
37. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 19:48 Quinn

Aero wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 18:32:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 16:13:
Hoping for big sales on:
FC4
Project Zomboid
Dead Rising 3
All AC games
The Lone Dark
This War of Mine
Road Redemption
Shadow of Mordor
Rust
Life is Feudal

Picked up Shadow of Mordor for $26 through GMG plus the front page code just now. It was on my "buy at $20" list, and I figure that was close enough.

SoM is my biggest disappointment of the year by leagues. Every time I'm reminded of the game, my wallet does a cry of regret and sorrow. It's killing orcs and collecting useless collectables. Just a horrible game imo.

Biggest surprises of the year:

Dragon Age Inquisition
Risen 3
Lords of the Fallen

In that order.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
147. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 18, 2014, 06:35 Quinn

Been watching that first gameplay trailer again. This really is a tribute to Postal You begin exactly the same as in Postal -- facing east, at the front door of your home.

Can't help but think this game looks good and like fun. It simply is a Postal remake. I cannot believe the (negative) attention this game receives. It's like one person made some noise and the rest decided to keep on screaming. Kinda like the "Zwarte Piet" bullshit here in The Netherlands.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
96. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 16:23 Quinn

HA! As it should be! Now I can burn priests AND get achievements for it!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3
13. Re: Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3 Dec 16, 2014, 20:05 Quinn

Well, no shit they delayed the game

I wonder how they will integrate this second character thing. If it will be like GTA V, where you can hit a button and the map will zoom out and zoom back in at the other character... That'd be sick. Or they'd have it like a DLC thing in the main menu, where its a seperate save file with a little stand-alone campaign. Doubt it. Or maybe it'd be mandatory, forcing you to play her at certain parts in the story. That would kinda suck and ruin immersion at least for me.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
73. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 19:46 Quinn

I'd like to play this game. Shooting a rocket into a tupperware convention full of mommies (with babies!) or setting a grocery store on fire (please have a mechanism in place that makes me able to lock/block exits!). I'd just love to do that and I would have hoped I could play it on my favourite platform (STEAM) and that I'd get the "No Parent Material" and "You're Out of Milk!?" achievements in the process.

Not kidding. That's one of the reasons I'm pissed they banned this game. So screw anyone who agrees with STEAM's hypocracy. I could have had so much fun while you would feel just the same whether it was greenlit or not. Ffs.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2014, 19:30 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 04:14:
Quinn wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 19:45:
Redmask wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 19:21:
Quinn wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 13:57:
No matter how good games like Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin are, they are fillers to me. Not remotely as good as the stuff like Dragon Age, The Witcher, Mass Effect, etc. There's a reason developing the latter games takes and costs more. I feel that reason every damn minute playing, forgotten that I'm still on Earth.

That's because your taste is shallow, you admitted it already. You want visuals and thin gameplay over depth and complexity, that's fine. It's not a bad thing because everyone has different taste so whatever. I like plenty of trashy movies and books. No one cares until you start acting foolish about it and make ridiculous comparisons.

Give the Wasteland 2 devs 50 million to make a game like Bioware then I'm sure they will produce some fabulous spectacle to dazzle you.

"That's because your taste is shallow". *sigh* Such nonsense. Like I implied earlier, if that was the case I wouldn't enjoy books as much. It's about the way a story is told, really (if a game is devoid of one, like most sims for example, I don't touch them to begin with). For me, games like Wasteland and Divinity do have a story but its emphesis is mostly on combat and micromanagement. I don't see people play those type of games for the story (same goes for HoM&M for example). Then there's games who focus way more on the story and how it's told, and not just the story but a focus on the world the stoey occurs in. Those games would crumble to dust if the player wasn't motivated to find out more about the world and move on in the story. Those games are DA:I, The Witcher etc etc. That's what I meant to say with the jigsaw puzzle and reading a book comparison. I didn't mean to say one is worse than the other. A person can find joy in completing a jigsaw puzzle not because they desperately want to see the picture a complete jigsaw puzzle shows, but because of the act of just doing it. A person mostly doesn't read a book just for the act of reading, if you know what I mean. That's the difference. You can be both type of gamers but I'm mostly the book reading one, which is maybe why I have a hard time trying to understand all the complaints about the UI and gameplay in DA:I btw.

Wall of text, sorry. Smartphone.

Out of curiosity, have you actually played WL2 or D:OS? Neither game was as pretentious as Bioware's games but I thought their writing was interesting enough. Aside from the companions, I thought DA:I's writing was fairly mediocre. The story, characters and quests simply weren't as compelling as they were in DA:O. Also, Bioware's RPGs have a heavy emphasis on combat and micromanagement. They are all squad based and combat is often the only solution to any given problem.

I have played D:OS about 15 hours. Wasteland less because I realized sooner the game didnt have a hold on me whatsoever. I thought I loved D:OS until I realized I hadn't touched the game for 2 weeks without giving it a thought.

Honestly, I can't put my finger on it how it is DA, Risen 3 and older games like Neverwinter Nights win my complete heart while games like Wasteland 2 and D:OS leave me cold in the end. They just do. I'd have to chew on it for a while.

Btw, I agree with your complaints about DA:I. Verno's too (the main story is way too short compared to all the filler stuff). I do praise the game though. Highly. And I'd recommend it to anyone. If they made it a tad less open-world and focussed more on the main story... I'd have built a freaking pedestal for this game. In the middle of my living room. xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1459 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo