Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1992 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
42. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 18:26 Quinn

Krovven wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:25:
Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 02:55:
My worst gripe is the ridiculous performance of this graphically mediocre looking game, especially around large clusters of buildings. There's just no excuse. The Witcher runs fucking flawless. There's just no excuse.

Have you done the ini tweaks? I'm at a solid 60fps (no drops ever) with Enhanced Wasteland gfx mod and everything set to max.

Whereas Witcher 3 I was 55fps before they started the endless stream of patches and have since lost 10fps.

Only done the tweak that caps the game at 90fps else the game flips out due to my 144hz monitor. The game runs like shit in center area of the map, the city. It sometimes goes completely fucking nuts. It isn't my hardware, because other better looking games like TW3 run like butter.

Any tips? :\

By the way, the funny thing is that when the game runs like utter shite... Looking through a scope makes it run silky smooth. At other times, when the game runs silky smooth, looking through a scope cripples performance. There's something wrong here. I heard some sounds about the 900 tier Nvidia cards having an issue with the game (or the other way around, most likely)? I have the GTX980...

I repeat: The game runs like a charm unless I enter Boston, where it runs like crippled ass.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 18:35.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
18. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 02:55 Quinn

My worst gripe is the ridiculous performance of this graphically mediocre looking game, especially around large clusters of buildings. There's just no excuse. The Witcher runs fucking flawless. There's just no excuse.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer
6. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 15:22 Quinn

grudgebearer wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:01:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 10:49:
This is basically a Warhammer Xcom game, with base building and all. Instead of clicking on where you want your guy to go and then watching him go, you actually move your guys around in third person until you have no more "movement" points. I like it, but it would work better with a first person view.

There's no base-building in the traditional sense. You have a warcamp that you manage your troops at, but it's out of the actual game.

I've had this game for awhile in early access, don't get this game unless you are ok with no saves, and brutal random deployments during ambushes that will cause your entire party to wipe.

The devs are catering to the "hardcore" crowd, and frequently cite Dark Souls for some of Mordheim's more punishing game systems.

That no-saves thing is too hardcore for my liking. Thanks for that info. It lifted my finger from the buy button.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
133. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 16, 2015, 17:17 Quinn

I keep hearing Garrus (Mass Effect) when male NPCs speak  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

131. Re: removed Nov 16, 2015, 16:20 Quinn

Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 21:19:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 16, 2015, 07:29.

I really don't want to wake old fires but... I read his comment. I'm baffled that it's removed :\ It was nothing.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
73. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 16, 2015, 16:17 Quinn

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:53:
I need a "clean homes" mod. I know its the post apocalypse and all but man people have some dirty ass homes. Rubble and shit just strewn about. If our basement looked like that my girlfriend would kill me in my sleep, let alone the living room or kitchen.

My biggest marvel so far is finding an intact toilet, they exist!

? This post makes the least sense ever.

The world went to shit 200+ years ago. Those toilets you're talking about had to weather a nuke and 200+ years of post-apocolyptic wasteland.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 16, 2015, 06:13 Quinn

Tip: If you feel like me... Like a purposeless wanderer generally feeling useless, just head to Diamond City already.

The game tells you to go there early on, but completionists like myself don't feel like simply crossing 50% of the map's length skipping everything in between. The thing is, in Diamond City the PLOT opens up. Do you, like me, need a strong plot as a backbone while you wander around purposely ignoring said plot as the completionist you are? Well, just head to Diamond City and jump back to Sanctuary after and continue from there.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 15, 2015, 20:19 Quinn

While I'm having a great time, I do feel Bethesda is getting off easy. Obviously all you need is the formula and some good level design guys.

1. It's Fallout 3.5;
2. Story remains thin for a long time;
3. Minuteman < Dovahkin;
4. If the (first?) map is the actual entire map, all I can say is "Is this it!?". Skyrim is or feels 10 times bigger.

I'm 27 hours in, though. There's allot to do and it's fun, but the only real immersion was once I found another vault (81). Now that was nice! The first 20 hours were just me running around cluelessly raising settlements and suddenly becoming a fucking general out of the blue. I probably also know where the main quest is going because any logical thinking person (which obviously the protagonist is not) should question whether what he's looking for is actually still there in his timeline.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

70. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 14, 2015, 23:18 Quinn

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 17:39:
Some really useful tips that I've found, posted from another thread:

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 04:09:
- Pressing the E key is the same as pressing the Enter key in most prompts.

- Holding down Shift and using WASD is the same as using the arrow keys in certain menus. Very handy in Build mode.

- Holding down the E key when you have an object selected in Build mode will allow you to use the mouse wheel to raise/lower the object as well as decrease the spin and movement speed of said object.

- Dogmeat (and other companions) can equip certain gear if you trade it with him and get him to equip it (T key). From a quick test, so far Dogmeat can equip welding goggles, bandanas and various dog collars. Saw a screenshot of him armored up so some armors might work.

- Holding down Tab turns on the Pipboy light/Power Armor Headlamp.

- Vegetable Starch is the answer for all your Adhesive needs.

Also, someone's found a way to get building objects to clip through the environment/other building parts in Build mode. This essentially allows you to build any object on any Settlement surface and will allow people to build REALLY elaborate bases now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI5CMilouHY (hold down the E key to select all attached objects)

Wow, thanks mate! Some really useful tips in there!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

97. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 18:25 Quinn

After playing for a whole day, my verdict can be expressed in one short sentence: This looks and feels like Fallout 3.5.

There's nothing new except for stuff that could've been modded in. Graphics are better, but let's simply not fool oirselces. Bugs are fucking EVERYWHERE if you have a strong PC and a high refresh rate monitor. It's a horrible port.
But... Since it's Fallout 3.5 it means it's still Fallout. So... it's still fun to play.

GotY? Give me a fucking break, o fantards.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Campaign Trailer
4. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Campaign Trailer Nov 12, 2015, 15:23 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 13:47:
This looks pretty interesting, actually. What's with the suddenly(seemingly) interest in Mordheim/Warhammer Rat Bashing games?

Both this and Vermintide seem pretty sweet at a glance, although I'm not overly familiar with this setting.

Only knock against Vermintide seems to be its grindy nature, and this is still in Early Access, so anybody out there have first hand experience/recommendation for either/both games?

To me, having bought and playwd Vermintide, I'd say it's a must-have-but-not-yet game. Why? Well, definitely not because of any of the dumbshit arguments of Worth-a-Buy. Like you said: It's the grindy nature. The loot system is flawed. I'll go in a little bit of detail:

At the end of each match, you literally roll dice. The better the roll, the better the piece. Yoi have better chances of better rolls when you have more dice, and you can find said dice hidden in the match. The positions are set. So what happens? Everyone plays the easy map, where they know where to find the roll amplifiers. And not only that, but the player called.. Lets say "Daisy"... has been playing with his dick the entire match instead of with the game. But Daisy wins an epic weapon, while Jonathan has been sweating and doing headshots and rolled 1. Player skill has no influence on loot.

That's the flaws of the game. The devs know this and are actively working on completely revamping the loot ergo grinding issue.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

61. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 12, 2015, 12:32 Quinn

30 minutes into the game, first bug: completely stuck after interacting with the Overseer's terminal. Had to reload. Twice.

No big deal though. Great first impressions!

Best impression? Codsworth actually calling me "Mr. Quinn".

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
17. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 12:28 Quinn

"I-I-I I am Sh-Sh-Shodan..-an..."

I'm so happy with this news, it feels like I'm in love.

System Shock 2 was my anchor in a confusing world where pubic hair was a new experience. Nostalgia hits me hard every time I just read or hear the title.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
120. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 14:59 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 09:45:
Quinn wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 09:12:
You just wait. The GMG expired coupon will either be replaced by a new one in a second, OR they'll just ditch the coupon for a short while and the game will simply be 20% off as it is at right about every other site (20% off if you compare it with the 60 dollar pricetag).

Lets wait and see who's right, shall we?
Quinn
I am trying to understand what your point is here.
The standard prices of games is $60 US.
What's that got to do with the coupon or sale prices on GMG.
You seem to confuse standard regular prices of games with sale prices offered by a 3rd party website.

It's kind of like saying well from now on I will take the Mexican or Russian game prices as standard because for me that is a fair price and every other place is just over price everything so they can mind fuck people into thinking they are buying something on sale with a coupon.

In North America the standard regular price of games is $60US and it's regional equivalent based on currency exchange rate. This is not up to debate.

My only point was born from the often excited comments of "hey look with this coupon its 20% off on GMG". My point was that that's nothing special because it may be a 20% coupon, but it's 20% off 60 bucks. There's dozens of sites out there where the game is just around 48 dollars/euros without that marketing trick. See the link I posted earlier. So, 20% off on 60 bucks with a coupon just a marketing mindfuck, like 14,99 instead of just 15,00.

That was all. That was it. But it was blown up.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

119. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 14:53 Quinn

Hey, it's that guy. Talking shit about others. It's what he does.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

115. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 09:12 Quinn

descender wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 09:03:
I'm fairly certain you're supposed to refer to them as "gotcha" questions when people prompt you for facts and you can't back them up.

You just wait. The GMG expired coupon will either be replaced by a new one in a second, OR they'll just ditch the coupon for a short while and the game will simply be 20% off as it is at right about every other site (20% off if you compare it with the 60 dollar pricetag).

Lets wait and see who's right, shall we?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

113. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 08:51 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 22:55:
Quinn wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 14:02:
Lost my train of thought later on into the discussion. My original point was, ffs, that like all other sellers out there (see link in earlier post), GMG normally wouldn't require a fucking coupon code for it to be in the 45-50 dollar price range. They just apply the discount off of the ludicrous 60 bucks. Only when they do this coupon shite, it's suddenly 60 bucks. It's a cheap mindfuck people fall for.

The "cheap mindfuck" is that you can't seem to count but despite that, you were given every opportunity to gracefully admit you were wrong and move on. Instead you decided to plow on with stupid comment after stupid comment in some misguided effort to save face which had the opposite effect. Learn a lesson from this and I think you owe everyone an apology.

Can't seem to count? You obviously didn't get the point I was making. That's alright. I'm reminded of the uselessness of trying to have a debate here without having to fight your way through straw men and red herrings as people try to hog the debate with their pseudo-comical or insulting remarks.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

15. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 01:40 Quinn

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 23:06:

As for editing three files, meh, took me about five minutes to edit and add. Isn't that one of the perks of PC gaming?

No. One of its perks isn't the tedium of trying to fix something that's broken or missing. One of its perks is adjusting something that's already good to your own tastes or improving it.

A missing FOV slider or mouse acceleration options and having to forcibly change them in an ini file is just lazy shit that should not be expected of a PC gamer by default, regardless of how long it takes or hard it is to edit.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

107. removed Nov 10, 2015, 15:27 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 10, 2015, 16:57.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

104. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 14:02 Quinn

Lost my train of thought later on into the discussion. My original point was, ffs, that like all other sellers out there (see link in earlier post), GMG normally wouldn't require a fucking coupon code for it to be in the 45-50 dollar price range. They just apply the discount off of the ludicrous 60 bucks. Only when they do this coupon shite, it's suddenly 60 bucks. It's a cheap mindfuck people fall for.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1992 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo