Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1068 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dog Patch Plans
12. Re: Watch Dog Patch Plans Jun 19, 2014, 06:36 Quinn

I've got a gripe with the hacking & tailing part. There are tricks to know exactly when a player is in your game, way before the game warns you. This kills the element of surprise. It kinda kills the whole concept.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
19. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 17:30 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 16:19:
harlock wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 16:00:
CD projekt Red Cyberpunk will so utterly destroy Deus Ex series... people will be like "Day ooh what?"

I sure hope so, but given how Witcher really has people split into the love it or don't really like it groups I definitely won't be getting my hopes up. Never cared for the Witcher games so we'll see.

So you don't like the Witcher games huh? I'm curious, did you make it past the first few hours of the first game? Because, man.... those suck balls! It takes the first game simply too long to get good -- though it does get good! The second game is awesome in so many ways and looks so good jaws will still drop 2 years from now.

If you didn't make it far into the first game, I highly recommend to give it another shot! After all, TW3 is as good as the most anticipated game atm!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
8. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:46 Quinn

Why? Why make a game that's built on it's SINGLEPLAYER success go multiplayer?

Get the fuck out of my game, player. Nobody else plays this. I AM the protagonist! I save the world! This is MY GODDAMN WORLD! ARRRRGGHHH :@

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
20. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 17:42 Quinn

NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 10:57:
Are we back to shitting on DX:HR? You guys need to make up your minds.

This.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Ascendant
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Ascendant Jun 17, 2014, 17:38 Quinn

"Steamships ahoy" was good news in the past. Now it's a near guarantee of a crappy 2D sidescroller being released.

Keep it up, Steam : )

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
21. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 13:52 Quinn

descender wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:47:
Where do people get this notion that the pirated version runs poorer than the legit copy?

One of the pirated copies of Watch_Dogs comes loaded with a bitcoin miner malware that will run one of your cores 100%. Technically THAT version of THIS game runs slower... but in general cracked copies of games run exactly the same or slightly faster than their legit versions.

Also, quinn you should probably scan your system now

Haha nope I had the right one. The one from the guys that call themselves after the thing you need to do when your clip runs empty. Trust me, it somehow runs poorer. Why would I make this up?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
12. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 11:30 Quinn

The game has many shortcomings but I've already put 30+ hours in it nevertheless. Also, the 1vs1 hacking / tailing Multiplayer feature is so incredibly awesome I tend to call it revolutionary.

Also, those who pirated the game: Cracked version runs crappier = fact. Pirated it myself first too.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 19:05 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 17:50:
Slashman wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 17:25:
There is nothing wrong with the concept of Early Access. Developers who use it correctly can make much better choices about what to include in their games based on community feedback. They also tend to have more dedicated testers since these people own the game, and many will want a hand in seeing it become the best it can be.

Here is a great example of Early Access done right.

I bought it and I think I made a decent investment.

Thanks for that link. I've been wanting to know more about this game.

As for early access, I think that it's great, but I think that people invest in so many bad projects that obviously will never be good. People aren't informed enough. They'll end up getting burned and will stop spending money on the projects that might actually be good.

Or maybe not. Maybe people know this and we'll end up with a few great games... I'm absolutely a fan of paying to help with development of a game because right now, it's the ONLY way to get good games. I'm so tired of the recycled console crap with palette swaps and a different story.

I'd take a palette swap and nice, immersive story combined with quality gameplay above any of the arcadey indie shit that's getting shat out everywhere you look these days. But that's me. I'm one among the perhaps now rare breed of gamers that buy a 1,5k per 3 years PC for quality stuff like The Witcher 3, instead of Minecraft and Commander Keen HD... Early Access kickstarter.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 13:59 Quinn

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 13:42:
I am really disappointed with this "early-release" phenomenon, I wish people would stop supporting it. We used to complain about buggy unfinished games, now it's a feature.

Couldn't agree more. It's a horrible phenomenon. I've no idea how people could settle for less just to sate an unsatiable desire to play new games early. Bah.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
24. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 14, 2014, 20:16 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 21:10:
No one expects the qunari Inquisition!

Hrm am I going to have to finally break down and buy Dragon Age 2 on sale somewhere, so I can play DA:I? Waiting for reviews currently, but it at least SEEMS like it will be superior to DA2.

No need to buy DA2. It's about a champion of Kirkwall or something. Where in part 1 you were the hero of an entire continent, here you are... Well, say the Hero of Toilet Papers. It's a retarded, piss-poor sequel MAYBE worth 2,- but not 3,-. The game even managed to let me completely skip a companion (the pirate skank) without me realizing it. Suddenly we were at the end of the game, which was the par where I realized.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 13, 2014, 19:54 Quinn

Where 's Liliana?

Also, someone in an earlier thread mentioned seeing a female qunari in the trailer. They meant the mage woman? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think she's just a human with a weird sense of fashion.

So far, the companions shown in this trailer sound boring. Very boring. Are those all the companions? I know I could Google it but I'm indisposed atm.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
76. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 11, 2014, 06:19 Quinn

Enjoying the hell out of WD atm. Those player invasions are so unbelievably awesome I could write books about it! I got invaded by a tailer, so I ran up a bridge and shot at te pedestrians feet. They all started running like mad.
Except for one, who got the clue a second later.
I sniped a hole in his head.

Awesome!

As for GTA 5... I can't wait! I saw some footage on my sister's PS3 and it's definitely better that WD in many ways. Just not in all ways.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
59. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 15:59 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:21:
NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:01:
How do people fall for that?

It's called stupidity. Plain old stupidity. Sad but true.

What a stupid comment.

Ppl buy it first because they don't want to wait a year. People buy it again because they can finally play it on their favorite platform. It doesnt take that much effort to understand.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2014, 05:09 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 00:21:
This is why the fee-moaning on MMO's just don't make sense to me. If you like the MMO, you'll put 30+ hours a month in it at least, which is more than the avarage 20 hours you put in another game. Difference is you pay only $13,- for the fee and $45,- for the 20 hours game.

The issue isn't so much about quantity but quality. Sure, MMOs technically offer hundreds (perhaps thousands) of hours of gameplay but how much of that gameplay is actually enjoyable? Take away the grinding, the fetch quests, the FedEx quests, the tedious traveling, the waits for PvP matches, the waits for mobs to respawn so you can farm specific items, etc, and how many hours of fun do you actually get?

Hmm don't really get this. If it's bot enjoyable, one wouldn't be putting said hours into it in the first place. Yes, MMO's lack the quality of an SP game but people like it enough to put hours of their life into it. If you pay the fee and monthly still play, it's worth it by default. If you don't play yet pay the fee, you're stupid by default. If you don't play and don't pay the fee, then there's no reason to moan about it. If you want to play but don't want to pay the fee, then that's pirate mentality.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 8, 2014, 18:52 Quinn

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 18:29:
Should I buy Wolf? Wow it might be good!!!! I am ready for a good game!!!

Are FPS games your thing? Then perhaps so!

I say perhaps, because an important factor for me that I base a game's worth on is longevity. I finished Wolf in somewhere between 8 and 12 hours. The fame was absolutely great fun, but it's $45,- (ok 27,- for me) which still makes me shudder in retrospect.

This is why the fee-moaning on MMO's just don't make sense to me. If you like the MMO, you'll put 30+ hours a month in it at least, which is more than the avarage 20 hours you put in another game. Difference is you pay only $13,- for the fee and $45,- for the 20 hours game.

But, anyway! If you're simply about quality, buy Wolf! And don't get me wrong, the game isn't really short by any standards except Doom's.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 8, 2014, 16:28 Quinn

siapnar wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 15:59:
nin wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 13:37:
Keep Wolf in the top 10! Best game I've played this year, so far.
I want to play it so bad but $60 is a bit steep for me right now :/

www.kinguin.net

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 8, 2014, 15:36 Quinn

CCG, haha. Games aren't real (neither is what he believes in). So no matter what, he shouldn't have any problems with any game. Deluded, silly, infantile people.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Hidden Witcher 3 Message Hints at Crossbows and Horseracing
12. Re: Hidden Witcher 3 Message Hints at Crossbows and Horseracing Jun 7, 2014, 05:27 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 11:39:
So Geralt can go under the sea, under the sea? Life is much better down where it's wetter, take it from me! Life is the bubbles we got no troubles under the sea!

Ahh, the little mermaid. The first love of my life... <3

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Witcher Adventure Game Revealed; Witcher 3 in February 2015
2. Re: Witcher Adventure Game Revealed; Witcher 3 in February 2015 Jun 5, 2014, 18:11 Quinn

Holy shit that trailer. Tell me exactly what specs I need to run TW3 in that beauty with 60fps and I'll make sure I have the cash on the side for EXACTLY that investment when the game comes out!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
35. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 11:25 Quinn

panbient wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 11:17:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 11:04:
Looking good.

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3

What's up with those random looking polys around the edge of the UI (especially the stuff covering the Thrust Output)? The background planet looks really nice but I honestly can't tell if those shapes are supposed to be hull or wreckage.

SS3 looks kind of like what happens when you put a camera inside a 3d object and look outward. Again, background looks great, foreground... I'm at a loss, maybe it's due to the lack of motion.

It's a complete clusterfuck in the visuals of course. Last I've seen graphics go crazy like that -- like the textures have no clue where to latch on so instead go nuts -- was with my Voodoo 3dfx card.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1068 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo