Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1295 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
75. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 Quinn

A tip for new-comers:

Exactly like the Arkham games, it's best NOT to roam from the start but at least do the first 5 or 6 main missions before you start acting like the completionist that you are. Those first main missions unlock skills and game features that add layers this game really needs.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

65. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:55 Quinn

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 04:39:
Just looked up some reviews. Yeah, I guess you swap maps partway through.

And no, it's not Serkis, my preeeeeeeeecious.

Ahh, good to hear!

Not Serkis? My god, that's unbelievable. I could've sworn...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

63. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:28 Quinn

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 04:07:
Played for about 7 or 8 hours. Having a lot of fun. Some random thoughts:

- The world seems REALLY small. Like, you can cross it in minutes small.

This scares me. And I don't think that the first areamap is the entire world. If it is the entire world, the PR guy during the NVIDIA gameplay session basically LIED and I probably complete the game this evening... and I'm at work until 5.

- I've tried intentionally injuring a captain and letting him run off twice. The first guy got eaten by a Carabor halfway across the map. (It cut to his death while I was climbing something.) The second guy got jumped by another captain and also died. I gave up on doing it on purpose. I did have one guy who was missing an eye and had burn scars, but I accidentally killed him before I even knew he was around again.

I know what you mean. This part of the nemesis system doesn't seem to work for me either. There was a certain Uruk that I thought I killed but came back with scars on his face and I killed him again within half a minute. He came back again with leather straps covering almost his entire face, and I killed him again within half a minute. He came back AGAIN and at that point I decapitated him within half a minute. He didn't come back afterwards but it didn't really add anything either -- he was just another Uruk, dying too easily.

- The guy doing Gollum also did a great job. I had to look it up on IMDB just to see if it was really Andy Serkis or not.

Wait, are you saying it's not Andy Serkis!???!!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

47. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 18:03 Quinn

I play everything on ULTRA and texture maps HIGH and the game runs smooth as butter on my 2GB VRAM GTX 680. No stuttering either.

Game is great fun though I'm butchering everything in my path and I'm not sure what could stop me -- the game is that easy. During 1 fight, 4 nemesis mobs were on me. Killed them all. 2 hours in I nearly killed my way to the warchiefs even before gaining the spy/assassinate/taunt abilities because I ignored the main quests.

Here's to hoping the game gets a bit more complex that this once I get said abilities.

Having a blast nonetheless and from now on I'll ignore recommended specs again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
12. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 06:36 Quinn

NKD wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 05:40:
Performance seems really good. Note that if you use SLI, Nvidia somehow failed to get an SLI profile ready for this ahead of time. I forced AFR2 in the control panel and that got SLI going. It seems to scale really well with SLI too.

2560x1440, Ultra, everything maxed out etc, solid 60fps. My system is pretty beefy but I've had no stutters or other weird issues like I've had with some other PC ports recently.

EDIT: Holy fuck this game is fun. Wouldn't go so far as to recommend the game yet, haven't seen enough to judge, but first impression is that they need to just stop making those fucking no-kill pussy Batman games and make more of this. The things I'm doing to these orcs just ain't right man.

OK that [EDIT] part did it, fucker I'm going home sick now, arrgh nasty headache, itch in the throat, and I just puked a little in the bathroom. Sorry boss

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 02:42 Quinn

It's confirmed: I have unpacked and played the game for 3 minutes. Now I have to go to work.

Enjoy the game, fellas!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
5. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 01:29 Quinn

Crappy texture rez, and while it will prolly look better on PC, it's still sickening that for this game as well a 4+GB VRAM GPU is recommended. It's sad.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 01:26 Quinn

Ceribaen wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 21:34:
I'm a sucker.
Bought in for PC on pre-order with season pass /happy birthday to me

Was hoping for a midnight release on Steam but looks like it's not until noon... so won't get a chance to play until late Wednesday night.

Happy birthday, mate! Got the Premium Edition too!

We Europeans are fucked in a discriminating fashion, having to wait for 8 PM for the game to release on Steam. That's 20 HOURS into Sept 30th! It's lame as fuck. Edit: Well, that's what STEAM said yesterday, anyway. I pressed [PLAY] for curiousity's sake and it just started unpacking...! WHY did I try this just 40 minutes before having to go to work? I didn't want to call in sick!

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2014, 02:14.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Styx Next Month; New Trailers
10. Re: Styx Next Month; New Trailers Sep 28, 2014, 05:00 Quinn

Fletch wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 22:21:
Oh ffs... yet another immersion-killing, third-person console game with a cover system. You can take the graphics from this game, slap them into any AAA console of the last ten years, and never know the difference. Lemme guess... regenerating health? QT events galore? WDIGN prompts? Deeply-nested menus? Developers claiming to be big fans of the genre?

It does look better than the dreck that was Thi4f, but that's like comparing Miller Lite to a plate of cold hobo piss.

What fury! I'm actually very excited about this game. I mean, we play as a tiny, ancient goblin assassin! That's so cool ^^

I've been bored for an entire month (would've been longer if it wasn't for Risen 3) and now suddenly we've got these games coming out next month causing in instant backlog:

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Alien: Isolation
The Evil Within
Styx: Master of Shadows
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Lords of the Fallen

The month after:

Far Cry 4
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Assassins Creed: Unity (meh)
CoD: Advanced Warfare (meh)

I'm very excited. It'll be a sick autumn

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2014, 05:05.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
72. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 27, 2014, 19:30 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 17:02:
I'm pretty sure the game will run fine and dandy on your 680. You may not be able to use the optional ultra high-res texture pack but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to use High textures with minimal hitching.

Fingers crossed, Jerykk. Fingers crossed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

69. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 27, 2014, 16:59 Quinn

If I knew this development would happen I'd never had bought the MSI Lightning GTX 680 2GB 2 years ago. Feel like I'm forced to upgrade already, suddenly. Everything went perfectly fine until... well, next week I guess.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

63. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 27, 2014, 10:49 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 10:38:
Quinn wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 08:43:
I'm really worried about this "progress" in the industry and this goddamn VRAM console shite. If the devs don't bother to optimize for the PC, well.. I simply can't really afford a 6GB GPU or SLI 3GB

Dude, SLI does not double VRAM. Two cards in SLI can still only access 3GB VRAM if you put two 3GB VRAM cards in SLI. That's why when you have a choice between e.g. a 2GB and a 4GB model and you want to SLI you should definitely always go for the 4GB model because VRAM is still in short supply in SLI.

Ah, thanks for the info! Didn't do research on it since I'm a single GPU kinda person anyway -- I still believes it's the most stable and its moneysworth most. Anyway, makes my doomsaying all the more... doomy.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

61. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 27, 2014, 08:43 Quinn

I'm really worried about this "progress" in the industry and this goddamn VRAM console shite. If the devs don't bother to optimize for the PC, well.. I simply can't really afford a 6GB GPU or SLI 3GB though that's what we basically need to par with the console VRAM, yet said GPU upgrade will cost us more than an entire console.

It fucking worries me.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

59. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2014, 08:06 Quinn

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 23:33:
This looks to be right up my alley. It looks like the good bits of Assassins Creed with the time wasting parts stripped out. Love the idea of that Nemesis system. I can't believe I didn't even hear about this until now.

It's really more like the Batman Arkham games, mate. Combat, at least. The only thing this game has incommon with AC is the climbing system.

I really hope the game is a good port. I've luckily seen a great video of PC (M/KB) gameplay and it looked solid as a rock.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
40. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 26, 2014, 22:59 Quinn

The only one thing I find interesting about the game is the atmosphere. All the paintings, portraits, cellos, pianos, oak doors, chandeliers and just the old mansion thing without trying to reinvent the wheel really flirts with me. Will I find it charming enough? Not for a day one purchase, no.

Then again, what horror game is? No matter how much I enjoy them, due to a zero replayability factor they are always only worth bargain bin sale price to me.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

56. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 22:32 Quinn

Steam pre-load ready!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

34. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 14:28 Quinn

Fion wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 13:47:
The assassin's-creed style combat is the epitome of 'push a button and something awesome happens'. It's why I've only ever truly enjoyed like 2 AS games, because pressing one button to climb towers or fight waves of baddies has never been that fun. It was always the setting that drew me, which is why AS:Brotherhood will always be my fav. Renaissance Italy is beautifully rendered.

This game doesn't have the AC combat. It's the Batman Arkham combat. You gain momentum as your combopoints increase. It's very solid, fluid combat and even a bit addicting to complete a fight without getting hit.

AC's combat is more the combat of that of a shrimp stuck in the sand.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

26. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 12:59 Quinn

Apparantly we need 6GB of VRAM for ULTRA texture maps, which is weird but ok. A worse thing is that we need 3GB for high, 2GB for MEDIUM and 1.2GB for LOW. This is crazy.

I'd like to see comparisson videos or screenshots between ULTRA, HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW res textures because apparantly I need to set my texture maps to LOW with my normally more than capable NVIDIA GTX 680. It's absolutely crazy

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
18. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 12:12 Quinn

Hahaha gotta agree with the suspicion once again. That guy does seem to be all talk but no play :-P Which is fine, of course, but also a bit silly.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 11:58 Quinn

I'll be posting this comment in multiple Middle-earth threads because nobody should miss out on this.

Here's a link with some actual PC footage played with a MOUSE and KEYBOARD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzSBpkxbqw#t=69

The video truly puts every single video out there to shame, with their limiting controller gameplay. This looks so good!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1295 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo