Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1740 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
99. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 05:22 Quinn

pagb wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 05:08:
I agree that graphics aren't everything... but this DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AMBIENT OCCLUSION! A graphic feature we've been enjoying for 6 years!

The graphics shown in this trailer are simply crazy last-gen. Like you said, graphics aren't everything.. but to say that bullshit as a counter-argument for the complaint that the graphics are nevertheless dated as shite as some here do, is just sad.

They must have done something REALLY interesting and different for this game not to feel like nothing more than an expansion. But, knowing Bethesda, I highly doubt it -- all their games are somewhat the same, but at least they gradually improved graphically.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
9. Re: Morning Patches Jun 4, 2015, 03:40 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 21:01:
Depends on what it is. For example, the Temerian armor is available at a vendor in White Orchard, the prologue area. It's pretty expensive when you're just starting, but it's worth it.

As for the horse armor, I discovered it's a whole set of mid-range gear you can buy. Each the blinders, saddle, and saddle-bag contribute to the overall "armored" look. No actual special attributes.

Hmm, had no clue about the armor at the vendor at white orchard and now I'm lvl 14 so I guess I got better stuff now.

Btw, I wish there was a way to make lvling just a bit harder. I'm a completionist but within hours I rocketed over the required level for quests I still had to do, while at the same time there were still dozens of questionmarks all over the map. Instead I decided to go to Novigrad for the main quest because I didn't wanna tower over that one.

On the note of questionmarks... Is there a way to remove them? Because of them "exploring" feels more like ticking off boxes than actually exploring...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

75. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 18:25 Quinn

Darks wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 15:51:
nin wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:52:
Hump wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:50:
The graphics look fine

stop yer fucking whinging....

Pretty much. It wouldn't matter if it was being released for free tomorrow, someone here would still bitch about it.

I'm with you all on this one. I'm getting pretty tired of all the whining and bitching about the graphics. First it was, when it is it coming out. people were going batshit crazy waiting for it. now that its been confirmed all they can do is bitch about the graphics.

Same old Blues Crew at their best. Its like a no win scenario with these guys I swear.

Meh, think the difference with the whiners and the praisers is that the first weren't the people going batshit crazy waiting and the second were. The whiners can look at this from a distance and say "... Meh." while the people that went batshit crazy just knowing FO4 was out there somewhere just decided it's easier to continue the crazy flow instead of facing an underwhelming truth.

In all seriousness I do know I'm being a bit trollish about this during the entire thread already.. and I AM looking forward to FO4 too and I KNOW graphics aren't everything. But come on :\ be honest with yourself. This stuff wouldn't even hsve visually impressed you years ago. And it's not just a studio. It's Bethesda. The company that could make Africa a better place thanks to Skyrim alone.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

74. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2015, 18:16 Quinn

Vall Forran wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 17:45:
I got bored in fo3 about 20 hours in. It just became too much of a slog. The first time going through the sewers facing all kinds of crazy monsters that could end me was thrilling/terrifying. Doing that about 10 more times just started being annoying.

There was one spot in the trailer where they go through a cityscape; I thought, that looks like Rage (Another game I lost interest...though that one only took 3 hours)!

Yeah, that part made me think I was watching Borderlands 2 without the cartoonish shading.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Jun 3, 2015, 18:05 Quinn

I have the DLCs downloaded, even the first 2, but where the hell do I fetch the armors and weapons?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

54. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 15:14 Quinn

nin wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:52:
Hump wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:50:
The graphics look fine

stop yer fucking whinging....

Pretty much. It wouldn't matter if it was being released for free tomorrow, someone here would still bitch about it.

What kind of mediocre comment is that? Not surprised seeing who wrote it, but fuck me.

People were hyping the fuck out of FO4 for months already based on mere rumors about it. Now they finally show this stuff and while it's not crap per se I cannot honestly believe that anyone here was actually impressed by the trailer. Sure, it's fallout, and evidently that alone is already enough for people to jerk off on but don't expect me to believe that anyone here -- anyone! -- is truly looking back at this trailer thinking even remotely the excitement they expressed here by just giving way to their biased fanboy.

I'm sure we can explore 8000 caves and other interior again, spread over miles of land, and I bet it's all the same shit again with a bad and too short main quest, as always, and that's alright. All I'd like is to do that brainless shite over again in a new, jaw-dropping jacket.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

50. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 14:45 Quinn

Sure, graphics aren't everything. But.. that dog doesn't seem to have fur :\ I mean, yeah, I'm spoiled enough to look at the dog like that by now.

And if it ain't graphics to look forward to, it's just a Fallout 3 expansion to me. "And there's nothing wrong with that! XD" Yes there is. Shit's bled dry.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

37. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 13:13 Quinn

Hahaha fuck offfff with that crazy fanboy excitement! I'm sorry, I really don't want to sound like a troll, but we all knew FO4 was happening already and all we really wanted to see was something impressive. And truly, do not lie to yourself: this was not impressive.

If someone showed me this and told me it was some awesome mod community putting great time and love in a FO4 mod for Skyrim, I think I might have believed it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
8. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 2, 2015, 01:31 Quinn

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 01:14:
Bradley wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 00:56:
The load time between EVERYTHING is what kills it for me. If they could work on cutting that down it would improve things greatly.

Load times? Never heard of SSD apparently...

I have one of the newest and fastest SSDs, and loading times are hardly influenced by it because their seems to be some endless handshaking going on or something. More often than not I just stare at the city from above for 2+ minutes, sometimes followed by a desync.

Ruined it for me too. I'm spoiled by all the quick loading times of games lately no matter how beautiful or big the maps are that if I cant jump into a game within less than a minute I get aggitated, let alone when a game loads 1+ minute multiple times between every fucking match.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
43. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 18:03 Quinn

Is it just me or does vsync always create unreliable/inconsistent performance? The newest example is in The Witcher 3. Sometimes the fps can very noticeably drop, and when I disable vsync then.. I don't notice it at all. And that's basically my experience with vsync since forever.

Yet a friend of mine cannot play games without vsync on because the slightest tear makes him mad, yet I never hear him mention above complaints ever :\

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
27. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Plans Jun 1, 2015, 16:01 Quinn

Is it me or do these notes include some rather heavy spoilers? For example, now I know I'll meet Roche again. What would have been a cool surprise is now spoiled. No big deal but still...  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
78. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 31, 2015, 02:38 Quinn

Cabezone wrote on May 30, 2015, 22:26:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 30, 2015, 11:29:
You can twist it and turn it as you like. Respec option in any game (except MMOs where sometimes the devs change entire classes and it's only fair you are given a chance to respec if your gameplay changes through no fault of your own) is retard casual gamer crap for n00bs who can't play to rectify their dumbass decisions.

It also makes zero sense from a roleplaying perspective. It takes time to develop your character. Everything is a (slow) learning process for your character. To be able to instantly unlearn everything and relearn some completely different shit is immersion breaking and simply outright stupid. It takes you out of the game, it destroys any sense of consistency and persistence and it completely waters down your (level-up) choices since the consequences are zilch if you can simply respec at any time. Fuck this casual MMO crap.

Do you have some sort of brain damage?

Trust me, I think he does. It's only because I never put people on ignore because everyone here has their moments of dumb shit.. otherwise he would have been the first. Every of his fucking comments is the same measure of stupidity as his quote above.

Respeccing isn't about "hey, lets try something else!" but it's there because people can misinterpret a skill description, simply misclick or realize their chosen skillpath really didn't end up to be their thing. In the end, it's about having fun. Fun > realism.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

70. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 30, 2015, 03:03 Quinn

Redmask wrote on May 29, 2015, 18:16:
Nor are you.

I'm going to accept some insecure bullied kids opinion about me, that's going to happen.

My point, and one particularly hard to grasp for Redmask somehow, is that there's subjective opinions and objective facts

I dunno, people are complaining mostly about the controls and the inventory system. Then there's people who disagree, like myself. I can play this game perfectly fine without any trouble controlling and fighting with Geralt.

I don't know why you picked my name there. You're the one confusing subjective opinions with facts. No one said the inventory system was broken, that would be factually incorrect. People have registered specific complaints about it, that's an opinion. See the difference? Same thing with the combat. I find the combat really bland but I like the game, oh no you can't put me in a box so you better go on the offensive now! I have no problem accommodating a wide variety of opinions on this game, it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I'm not some insecure child. If someone hates the game irrationally then whatever, their fucking loss.

The irony is that none of the voracious defenders bother to actually talk about the game, they want the internet sparring and just don't want to admit it.

No idea why you misquoted me, there. Truly fucking cheap. In my original message it's very clear I know the difference between opinion and fact, and if you truly think I don't based on my comment.. then your cognitive reading skill is lacking on you and you should get some rest, drink less or see someone.

Also it should be said again and by someone else how horribly hypocritical you're acting. Everybody here talked more about the game than you have done so far in your attempt to tell people what they should and shouldn't say.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

57. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 17:51 Quinn

I dunno, people are complaining mostly about the controls and the inventory system. Then there's people who disagree, like myself. I can play this game perfectly fine without any trouble controlling and fighting with Geralt. It took me less than 5 minutes to figure out the inventory and crafting system, total. So, I dunno, perhaps the game is simply too hard or complex for the complainers. It's like complaining that you don't like the arc the secondary attack of UT's flak cannon makes and think your opinion means shite while I hit people with it 30 strides away while moving.

Draw your own conclusions from this. Not one game can appeal to everyone, and more often than not it's because of different skill levels and how fast you can or can't figure out certain features like a fucking inventory or crafting system. Ffs.

My point, and one particularly hard to grasp for Redmask somehow, is that there's subjective opinions and objective facts. If Geralt clips through the floor and falls to his death every 10 minutes, nobody here would argue about a fuckbug like that. But these other complaints are subjective and thus vulnerable to bashing and debates. No need to mediate.

This comment was edited on May 29, 2015, 18:05.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

42. Re: KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE May 29, 2015, 13:11 Quinn

El Pit wrote on May 29, 2015, 11:37:
Jerykk wrote on May 29, 2015, 02:35:
El Pit wrote on May 29, 2015, 00:26:
I caved in and bought it for 25. That's quite a lot of money for a console-centered game, I know. *sigh* I'll wait and give it some time to be turned more and more into a pc game with the coming patches.

Not sure what you expect them to add to make it "more" of a PC game. The only thing I can think of is a hotbar, but that's not going to happen.

Really? You don't know? Then please read this thread and the other Witcher 3 threads. I won't repeat everything that's been written here.

At least all the keys are now rebindable. It's evolving into a pc game. In a year or so the bugs have been fixed and it will be perfectably playable with keyboard/mouse.

I have no problem playing with KB/M at all, so I've no idea what you're talking about when you say this game should become more of a PC game. So perhaps you suck, or like to whine, or both, but clearly the devs share my feelings when the play the game so whoop-dee-doo L2P I'm drunk and gotta piss

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 03:07 Quinn

Can anyone tell me what the hell Adrenaline is good for in combat, except for it being nothing more than a reserve for either health or energy with the proper ability unlocks? The tutorial tells me I can do special attacks by holding down the left MB but that doesn't work. I also disabled automatic finishers but he still seems to do it and I have no idea how I should do manual finishers :\  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
80. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 28, 2015, 05:23 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 28, 2015, 03:53:
Quinn wrote on May 27, 2015, 12:03:
I'm on a greek island right now and let me tell you not to go on holiday right before you're about to have sex with Triss. Blue balls, I tell you! I want to ask my wife to dye her hair red but I don't want to ruin our stay... xP

As for Redmask's reply to me: I know nobody expects me for my approval on their opinion, but we all bitch about something here so at least give me that freedom too. People bitch about the game, I bitch about them bitching about the game, you bitch about me bitching about them bitching about the game.

The circle is complete that way, and me and my ouzo get all happy about that *less-than sign + three*

Wot? When does this happen? I helped her escape Novigrad so assume you get to meet her later on?

Wait what?! I expected that scene would be inevitable in Novigrad! I'm not as far as you are yet! Damn, I really hope the game doesn't force Yennifer on you. I'm no fan of her and I really like Triss more. No idea why the Rose of Remembrance was withered when I found it, either...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

76. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 27, 2015, 12:03 Quinn

I'm on a greek island right now and let me tell you not to go on holiday right before you're about to have sex with Triss. Blue balls, I tell you! I want to ask my wife to dye her hair red but I don't want to ruin our stay... xP

As for Redmask's reply to me: I know nobody expects me for my approval on their opinion, but we all bitch about something here so at least give me that freedom too. People bitch about the game, I bitch about them bitching about the game, you bitch about me bitching about them bitching about the game.

The circle is complete that way, and me and my ouzo get all happy about that *less-than sign + three*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

54. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 18:19 Quinn

Alamar wrote on May 26, 2015, 17:00:
Quinn wrote on May 26, 2015, 13:42:
I agree. Nothing wrong with the crafting interface. If a recipe needs a particular reagent that you haven't crafted but can craft, the game takes that into account automatically and you're able to directly create the item that actually needs the other item/reagent created first. Nothing wrong with it. Some people here are getting old, is all.

Nothing? Really? So it's perfect?

Maybe I'm missing how I can compare the crafted item to my equipped item (verbosely; The info on the right missing important details).

And when I do craft a weapon/armor piece, which you can only do at a vendor, I have to leave the vendor (by choosing the stop option, instead of B/escape), just to equip the new item, and then talk to the vendor again to sell the previous piece...

And why keep showing that I have bombs/potions I already created, if there's no way (through crafting) to increase their max held, statistics, etc? Is it so that I can longingly remember how much of a pain it was for me to find that second Calcium Equum? : )

I cannot understand that so many people like yourself can complain about the stuff you complain about it the majority of your comment. I play games for comfort, too, but I really don't give a solid shit that I have to waste a tad more energy pressing ESC or another button here and there. My goodness. I get it that a game is never good enough, but complaints about fonts and miscellaneous shite like micromanagement in RPG's is stuff I cannot sympathize with -- if fonts are too small on your 60" TV, don't sit 5+ meters away and if you can't compare shit you're gonna craft with what you wear (which you can, btw), remember the old days where your hand wasn't held and how you use that nostalgia to complain about games that do, ffs.

Also, you'll find improved recipes for bombs and potions which let you stack more. With effort I can find a reason why that would make sense IRL, but the most important reason is that it adds to the RPG element of the game.

And no, the UI and inv/crafting system is not perfect.. But frankly I couldn't care less as long as it's not remotely as horrid as the original Skyrim's.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2015, 18:40.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 13:42 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:42:
HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:38:
A sortable list, with text and proper categorized tagging, context sensitive highlighting, and proper dependency links. An Inventory where you have to hover over everything to see what it is, is TOTAL SHIT. ^^

There isn't one that will satisfy all. There are plenty of people that like icon grids vs lists.

There are also plenty of people that think Skyrim has no inventory GUI problem. ^^ Which says more about them, than about Skyrim.

Ps.: But I guess the moral is, whether grid or texts, if designed for a console a GUI is always shit.

I dunno about Witcher 3, do you find tons of loot? If you have 5 pages of loot then yeah, grids are stupid

Only thing to go on here is the potion page I saw on a stream, which had oils at the top, tons of crap in the middle, bombs, concoctions and potions somewhere in that mess. With no way to see what is what unless you hover over everything carefully.

I suggest you complain about the UI after having played the game :p The interface you're talking about is the crafting interface. You rarely use it. It's not an inventory, it's just a list of recipes that you go through and instantly know if you can craft them or not. It's actually really easy to use and clear. It's true that there's a lot of crap in the middle that separates potions and bombs and stuff, but you can fold these sections. Like I said, you rarely use it and potions are auto-crafted after you craft them once, so you use the interface even less the more you play.

I agree. Nothing wrong with the crafting interface. If a recipe needs a particular reagent that you haven't crafted but can craft, the game takes that into account automatically and you're able to directly create the item that actually needs the other item/reagent created first. Nothing wrong with it. Some people here are getting old, is all.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1740 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo