Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1844 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
17. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 30, 2015, 04:01 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 02:19:
I just downloaded these drivers from the Nvidia Experience control panel...I have Windows 7....???

On a related note, I'm getting weird horizontal flickering on my screen. This started when I upgraded to a GTX970, it's hardly noticeable but it's there in games. During standard desktop operations, surfing, etc. I'm not seeing it. Do I have a defective card? Defective cable? Is this a driver issue? I tried googling it and most believe it's an issue with cables, connectors or alternatively something with vsync. I'm kind of going out of my mind because it's something you can hardly notice and maybe I'm starting to see things....

Do the troubleshooting. Exclude factors from possible causes. Crosstest your cable, your monitor, your GPU. Use HDMI? Try DVI cable and output. Use monitor? Connect your PC to your TV. Etc.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
30. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 30, 2015, 03:57 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:05:
Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 07:03:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 03:08:
Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 00:44:
nin wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:36:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:34:
Quinn wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:03:
Quboid wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 16:02:
Mafia is to Grand Theft Auto what The Witcher is to The Elder Scrolls, a mature take on the same basic premise. I'll keep an eye on this one.

It's crazy how GTAV is one of my biggest wastes of money of the last few months. I play games first and foremost for the story and singleplayer experience. The story was absolutely horrid. A bad written piece of junk written by a 13 year old with a boner.

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

Why the fuck would you buy GTAV if you know you don't like playing villains? You're constantly ranting about that over the years here and now we find out you bought GTAV? Man you're not very smart.

Because he thinks he's a special snowflake. "Look everyone! I'm different! Look at me!"

Oh right, because playing a villain automatically means the story sucks! What kind of infantile reasoning is this?! Heh, and you insult me on my intelligence. The irony.

Hey I'm not the one wasting money on a game I know I won't like.

I challenge you to quote me the comment where I said that I knew beforehand that I wouldn't like the story. Can't find it? Let that be a lesson to you not to talk bullshit.

You seem to think I'm commenting on the story. I'm just pointing out that you're the same Quinn that is constantly complaining about crude games, not wanting to play bad guys, etc... and now I find out you bought GTA V. Doesn't really make sense.

You could just search your own post history for "rockstar" if you're (bizarrely) wondering why you wouldn't want a game made by Rockstar. Also reading through your comments I notice you think and write a lot about teen dick, kind of creepy.

I can at least applaud you for your ability of evasion. Obviously you searched through my comments. Obviously you didn't find squad to quote me on.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Next Week
3. Re: World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Next Week Jul 29, 2015, 18:45 Quinn

I haven't played WoW since early Cataclysm, but just a month ago I changed my WhatsApp sound to the Murloc aggro grrllbrrlll sound for old times sake. It puts a smile on my face all the time xD Today for the first time I received a message in the middle of a crowded bus while my volume was accidentily maxed out. People laughed xP

Btw, I thought the last expansion was the last!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 29, 2015, 07:03 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 03:08:
Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 00:44:
Mafia is to Grand Theft Auto what The Witcher is to The Elder Scrolls, a mature take on the same basic premise. I'll keep an eye on this one.

It's crazy how GTAV is one of my biggest wastes of money of the last few months. I play games first and foremost for the story and singleplayer experience. The story was absolutely horrid. A bad written piece of junk written by a 13 year old with a boner.

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

Why the fuck would you buy GTAV if you know you don't like playing villains? You're constantly ranting about that over the years here and now we find out you bought GTAV? Man you're not very smart.

Because he thinks he's a special snowflake. "Look everyone! I'm different! Look at me!"

Oh right, because playing a villain automatically means the story sucks! What kind of infantile reasoning is this?! Heh, and you insult me on my intelligence. The irony.

Hey I'm not the one wasting money on a game I know I won't like.

I challenge you to quote me the comment where I said that I knew beforehand that I wouldn't like the story. Can't find it? Let that be a lesson to you not to talk bullshit.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

26. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 29, 2015, 00:44 Quinn

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 17:03 Quinn

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
33. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 28, 2015, 01:47 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 22:24:
Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 19:13:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 18:18:
I realize I go way against the grain, but I think a lot of people aren't rational when it comes to The Witcher and CD Projekt. It's still a very good game, but I could write a document about all the problems it has. And I might :p

Not so. Many of us didn't like the first 2 games and loved the third. It is, in my opinion, one of the best games ever made bar none. And no, you couldn't write a document about all the problems it has because it doesn't. And you won't.

Now I have to

On another note, about the "too much content" argument, I don't think it's a case of too much content. The problem is how the content is presented. In Skyrim for example, there's a ton of content and it's never "too much". The problem with Witcher 3 is that the content is pushed into your face as soon as possible and you clearly know where it is at all times. You quest list becomes massive really fast because of the flashing job boards that you feel obligated to click on. Having these hundreds of quests makes you stressed about completing them, especially since if you wait too long, some quests will no longer give you worthwhile rewards. It's just stressful and unpleasant. You eventually get tired of the game before completing it because you've pretty much done everything.

I guess this is going to be a paragraph in my document :p

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's one of my arguments about too much content. Another argument is the fact that you can only track ONE quest at the time, and that was just horrible in more ways than one. Horrible because as you selected a quest, you couldn't see where it was unless you painstakingly opened the map after selecting it; and horrible because you probably passed 20 other active quests as you headed toward the one you were tracking. It was a huge pain that kept nagging at me the entire time.

Finally, I got absolutely sick and tired of it. This was when I had finally beat the completionist in me as I towered LEVELS above the required level for the main quest and decided tk head to Skellige. As I head toward Novigrad to get to a ship, I ran past a barn by pure chance. In the barn sat LETHO and he had an awesome quest that had me make an awesome decision that would change a huge part of an outcome in the game. Result? The completionist in me woke up and never went back to sleep again. In short: the result of that meant I basically played the rest of the game in silent uncertainty and torture -- never knowing if I was skipping some fundamental sidequest that should've really been marked as part of the mainquest.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
14. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 18:59 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 18:38:
harlock wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 18:34:
no it just sounds like you missed out on some key stuff

like one hit kills with Aard.. if I can knock down a group of 5 thugs with one blast, calmly walk over and kill them all instantly while they are laying on the ground... yeh thats pretty fucking easy dude, its like the definition of easy

so, sorry you didnt figure that out... but yeh - its definitely there

It's not my first game you know. I've played like 100 hours of this. I'm not saying it's too hard. I kill things easily and don't even need to reload most of the time. But the combat sucks. It's unpleasant. It's a chore. It's the first game ever where I turned down difficulty(to skip combat). You don't need to accuse me of anything, it's just my opinion. If you like it, great. I don't know why I'm getting into this discussion again. It always goes the same way. I'm done

Easy, mate. Find comfort in the big probability that it's just harlock that doesn't get you. There's a clunkiness to Geralt's movement that bleeds into the combat very deeply. Not a moment did I really enjoy the combat. The most fun I had with it was when fighting humans, for some reason. There was a way to be really good in it, though, and dispatching a huge group of Drowners without getting hit by using nothing but counter-attacks, some rolls and Igni -- and getting an achievement for it in the process -- had its charm.

I, too, was completely done with it at some point. But I was done with the entire game at some point. I still think this game actually has TOO MUCH content. It sounds crazy, but I have some solid arguments which I CBA to express atm.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
4. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 14:28 Quinn

Hmm.. Bruce Lee with a shotgun on a skateboard..... Sounds like Serious Sam and FPS' like that.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
26. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 25, 2015, 18:56 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 20:34:
Krovven wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 20:18:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 19:51:
Krovven wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 17:00:
Care to link your source? I think you just read it wrong.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345180/discussions/0/541906989397425131/

Well he seems confused. Same guy said it was Andrew 3 days ago.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345180/discussions/0/....

Funny maybe he doesn't know there were different Witcha voices and whoever says that sounds like _____ ______ playing Geralt, he knows it was Geralt, but maybe not the actual persons name and just agrees.

Well normally I'm pretty perceptive with this stuff but I had NO FREAKING IDEA Geralt from TW1 was a different voice actor that TW2 and 3! :\

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
6. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 12:04 Quinn

Desalus wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:00:
Alamar wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:13:
"I hunt demons for a living"... WTF is Geralt doing hunting demons here?

I had the same exact thought.

Ha, same!

Gameplay looks like Van Helsing, just not as good.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 4 Next Week
4. Re: Life is Strange Episode 4 Next Week Jul 24, 2015, 07:38 Quinn

Somehow this game just cannot get my attention. Like it's phased within another plane of existence xP

I should really look into it because it does seem to be my kinda thing..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Video
5. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Video Jul 23, 2015, 06:05 Quinn

What's with all those negative comments? I honestly don't get it. Personally, I really liked what I saw. The fps drops were noticeable but it was playing on a console as far as I know plus the game is still under development.

The weather effects looked nice and I liked the sneaking and surveying he was doing.

Yeah, liked what I saw tbh.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
41. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 04:51 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 02:46:
What happens after the free year is up? Do we suddenly get the privilege of paying a monthly fee? Does my OS stop working until I do so? I havent been following the development of Win10 closely so does anyone know?

It doesn't work like that. You have a 1 year opportunity to get Win10 free. If you get it within that year, it'll be free for you forever. If you didn't get it within that first year, you will have to pay for it if you want it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
150. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 21, 2015, 18:52 Quinn

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 18:15:
Quinn wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 09:35:
Zor wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 09:31:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:45:
theyarecomingforyou, zor I'm going to ask both of you two very important questions. When did you back and for how much?

I backed for $930 since 1/2013 (Veteran backer status).
Not sure why this important but whatever. I first backed 11/14/2012, and I've spent $716.43

Two fucking insane amounts. Hope you realized by now that all you bought with it was absolutely nothing. And, tbh, it deserves a classic ROFLMAO.

Depends on how much money you have/make. What was the line from Glengarry Glenn Ross? "This watch cost more than your car."

One dollar flushed down the toilet.
One hundred dollars flushed down the toilet.

Either way, it's a waste of money.

The fact remains that with dollars close to a thousand you could've actually meant a difference to someone somewhere. And not only in some third world country -- you probably most certainly could have improved the life of someone within the proximity of 10km of yourself that cannot even manage to provide themselves of their primary needs. I'm drunk as I write this but let it be known that I think this paints a picture of how FUCKED UP THE WORLD IS!!! Chew on it, fat fucks!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
138. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 21, 2015, 09:35 Quinn

Zor wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 09:31:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:45:
theyarecomingforyou, zor I'm going to ask both of you two very important questions. When did you back and for how much?

I backed for $930 since 1/2013 (Veteran backer status).
Not sure why this important but whatever. I first backed 11/14/2012, and I've spent $716.43

Two fucking insane amounts. Hope you realized by now that all you bought with it was absolutely nothing. And, tbh, it deserves a classic ROFLMAO.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
52. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 20, 2015, 05:48 Quinn

shihonage wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 00:37:
Quinn wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 08:19:
I don't agree. In fact, I call utter bullshit.

Have you ever played Mass Effect? If you did, you probably did get attached to characters. None of them were not immortal in combat. None.

In fact, any important NPC in any game I can come up with is immortal in this sense.

The fact that they CAN die in the story depending on your decisions, that's what matters. The interaction you have with the characters outside of combat, that's what matters -- that's what develops a relationship, like that first moment you meet Dogmeat in this video.

Ahem. Actually Dogmeat originated in Fallout 1, where he was killable. And so was every single NPC in the game, including quest givers and other potential companions.

Fallout 2 and Arcanum followed a similar design.

They key word here being "design". RPGs hit their apex mechanically in the late 90s, and console dudebro abominations like "Mass Effect" mutilated the genre into something utterly unrecognizeable.

At some point the publishers interpreted RPG as "Really Profitable Game", and thus it became an amalgamation of genres.

"Mass Effect" does not know how to make player care. Its NPCs are autistic infodumps, they talk like no one ever, and what you say to them is disconnected from what is shown on the screen.

Mass Effect is a generic action franchise with a few stats thrown in, and a few IF-THEN pivot points to give it that RPG flavor without any of the substance.

Its idea of emotional involvement revolves around hackneyed "tearjerker" cutscenes (my eyes were even drier than usual), and awkward bumping-mannequins "lovemaking".

The success of dudebro RPGs like Mass Effect is a symptom of the general decline of the audience. Consoles made games a form of passive entertainment, a set of clowns juggling chainsaws on your TV while you lay back on the couch and absorb content.

Like COD series, it was a big step back toward reducing interactivity in games, essentially neutering the strongest feature that makes them unique, and instead trying to play off genre's secondary qualities of being able to poorly, very poorly, imitate a really crappy movie.

Bioware/Bethesda wouldn't know how to make the player feel immersed, involved, or make him care. That art was lost a long time ago. It requires actual thought, design, innovation, writing. It requires an innate understanding that an interactive world is the holy grail of an RPG.

We have a huge difference of opinion. When a character would simply drop dead in battle, I'd just get pissed off due to dumb AI behavior and press the quickload button. On the other hand, when the written story leads to a possible death of a companion, all wrapped up in cinematic music and proper behavior of the protagonist.. Only that would move me. You see, when I'm blazing guns and move from cover to cover, I'm just having fun playing a GAME, and nothing can move me like a good book or movie would. But when the story that is told to me through the game is moving, it moves me like any other medium.

Sure, immortal NPCs are unrealistic, but the story that can be told because of this is worth it to me.

Imagine a game like Dragon Age or Mass Effect. It would have been impossible to write the story that they did with mortal companions. I was moved by Loghain's sacrifice. I was moved when I had to sacrifice one of the two companions in Mass Effect 1. I was annoyed in Gothic 1, when I killed an NPC and a red text told me I had killed a story critical NPC and could not continue said story.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month Jul 18, 2015, 21:01 Quinn

Having a fabulous time playing Arkham Knight atm, albeit pissed knowing I could probably play this game at a constant 60fps next month.

Some crazy slow downs. All having to do with the batmobile in range.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans?
6. Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans? Jul 18, 2015, 19:59 Quinn

Saboth wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 17:26:
Quinn wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 15:50:
If you come into my store, saying you want MY promotiondeal... but for another store, I would tell you to piss the fuck off too plus insult your intelligence. Wtf do think, Flak?!

Besides... Steam, Uplay... Potato, potato. Why give a shit?
It's like saying "Ford, Chevy, who cares?" I like Steam, I don't like uPlay.

Well, indeed.

It's all about the road, in the end.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans?
2. Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans? Jul 18, 2015, 15:50 Quinn

If you come into my store, saying you want MY promotiondeal... but for another store, I would tell you to piss the fuck off too plus insult your intelligence. Wtf do think, Flak?!

Besides... Steam, Uplay... Potato, potato. Why give a shit?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1844 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo