Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1365 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
34. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 06:17 Quinn

jomisab wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:36:
LOL at all the pirating losers out there...

Thanks to pirating I didn't waste 45 dollars of HARD-SWEATY-HOURS-OF-GODDAMN-WORK earned money. It's not as black and white as most of you moralknights out here think it is, matter of fact. This game is getting 4,5s out of 5s; 9s out of 10s! The media is painting the picture that FC4 is the best fucking thing that has happened in a long time! If I didn't pirate this game for DEMO PUPROSES ONLY I wouldn't have known that FC4 is the exact same thing as FC3 with a few extra shit like elephants and flying scooters. And oh boy, I mean the exact same thing. It's a glorified expansion, yet you pay the full price for it.

I can't wait to see what the media gives The Witcher 3 when it comes out and it will be remotely as awesome as it seems to become. An 8 out of 5? A 23 out of a 10?

Yes. I pirated FC4, tried it for an hour, yawned and deleted it from my computer. No harm done to myself, which I find more important than the few dollars Ubisoft misses out on because I didn't buy the game under the false pretense that it would actually feel like a standalone game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 06:00 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 02:50:
Quinn wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:13:
Darks wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 12:15:
PropheT wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:29:
I haven't been wow'd by the first introduction to a game like this one in a long time. There was a definite holy shit moment starting it up, I didn't expect it to look that good... although, I have a 3770k with a GTX 780 and have found myself having to tweak the graphics a bit since the automatic detected Ultra was only getting ~30 with some annoying dips.

And then I spent the next 2+ hours restarting and playing with the character creator and haven't really played yet

Agreed, I just love the game so far, and on my GTX 970 everything maxed out on Ultra this game looks killer.

Don't want to make you feel like you wasted your money -- because you haven't -- but everything on Ultra on my GTX 680 too, and it runs like a charm! It depends on The Witcher 3 now, but for now it does seem this baby can please me for another year or so!

As for the game... well, I had to VPN activate it because I'm in Europe so I couldn't import the Dragon Age Keep world state somehow. I'm basically playing it like it's a huge demo, knowing I'll restart the game tomorrow at midnight. From what I've seen so far... oh man, this game is a MUST BUY for anyone who likes the genre. I'm loving it!

I can't wait to meet some Qunari and I sincerely hope the game gives me an option to just mutilate those fuckers. Call my roleplaying character a racist, I don't care, but I personally think the Qunari are a badly written race. They live and breathe to conquer; to fight; to die in battle and they kill families when they lose their fucking swords. I find it hard to find the DA world believable because of them, because no thinking civilization would accept them. Again, Sten butchered the family that SAVED him because he lost his sword and those Qunari at Kirkwall planned to capture the entire goddamn city because their bullshit Qun-book got taken by ONE stubborn bitch. Seriously, it's such a disgusting race. Can't wait to fuck every single Qunari up that lives by the ways of their heritage.

I got two words for you. Islamic State. RL is so much more fucked up than fiction.

You're preaching to the choir. It's the case in point, actually. It's not like the Islamic State is being welcomed with open arms, are they? Nor would their followers even get remotely the respect as the qunari do in DA. Hell, you just gave me the best example there is. Thanks The Qunari are basically the IS in DA, yet look how many people think the "qunari are such an interesting race!". *scoffs*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

63. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 21:15 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:14:
Ooc, did bioware implement some type of starting checklist section, where previous game players can make their past choices known before the game starts? Iirc, bioware abandoned using previous saves from past games, since they were using a different engine, though this could all be from a dream. Plotting

Google: Dragon Age Keep

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 21:13 Quinn

Darks wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 12:15:
PropheT wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:29:
I haven't been wow'd by the first introduction to a game like this one in a long time. There was a definite holy shit moment starting it up, I didn't expect it to look that good... although, I have a 3770k with a GTX 780 and have found myself having to tweak the graphics a bit since the automatic detected Ultra was only getting ~30 with some annoying dips.

And then I spent the next 2+ hours restarting and playing with the character creator and haven't really played yet

Agreed, I just love the game so far, and on my GTX 970 everything maxed out on Ultra this game looks killer.

Don't want to make you feel like you wasted your money -- because you haven't -- but everything on Ultra on my GTX 680 too, and it runs like a charm! It depends on The Witcher 3 now, but for now it does seem this baby can please me for another year or so!

As for the game... well, I had to VPN activate it because I'm in Europe so I couldn't import the Dragon Age Keep world state somehow. I'm basically playing it like it's a huge demo, knowing I'll restart the game tomorrow at midnight. From what I've seen so far... oh man, this game is a MUST BUY for anyone who likes the genre. I'm loving it!

I can't wait to meet some Qunari and I sincerely hope the game gives me an option to just mutilate those fuckers. Call my roleplaying character a racist, I don't care, but I personally think the Qunari are a badly written race. They live and breathe to conquer; to fight; to die in battle and they kill families when they lose their fucking swords. I find it hard to find the DA world believable because of them, because no thinking civilization would accept them. Again, Sten butchered the family that SAVED him because he lost his sword and those Qunari at Kirkwall planned to capture the entire goddamn city because their bullshit Qun-book got taken by ONE stubborn bitch. Seriously, it's such a disgusting race. Can't wait to fuck every single Qunari up that lives by the ways of their heritage.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 20:55 Quinn

Two games came out at the same time.

Far Cry 4
Dragon Age Inquisition

The first has the EXACT (albeit good) gameplay and features as its prequel, which makes it moreso a glorified expansion pack than a new game.

The second is basically BioWare making a stand and a point proving that even while they are shackled by E.A., they can still make a fantastic, revolutionary RPG.

If you're a fan of both genres, it's a dead giveaway which one you should choose.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 16, 2014, 10:38 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 08:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 01:10:
Redmask wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 00:41:
I looked at the preload executables from a friends machine and I am 100% certain this game has Denuvo DRM so don't expect a pirated version any time soon. FIFA15 and Lords of the Fallen used it too and neither has been cracked.

I highly doubt anything remains "uncracked". It'll take maybe months, but Denuvo will be broken just like any other DRM

It doesn't matter what you doubt, its a literal fact that its uncracked right now. Maybe it'll be cracked tomorrow, maybe in a year but right now its uncracked. The scene doesn't hold back releases, they race. I was addressing the troll who said hes going to pirate it as a demo when I said not to count on it for awhile.

It's already cracked and playable. Gonna do so like the "troll" you talk about, using it as a DEMO since they don't intend to release an official one. It's perfectly fine as long as you're honest, and indeed buy it if you like it. I always do. Cross me heart!

Edit: Misinformed by the online community. The crack isn't out. *sob* I need to have a hands-on feel for this game before I put my money down. These kind of games can look good on youtube, but can somehow feel "off" once you play it yourself. Or the game will somehow just don't grab your attention and/or fails to deliver on immersion.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2014, 11:06.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
18. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 13, 2014, 06:33 Quinn

For those who are in for a laugh (or a tear), check out this Glitch Compilation:

youtu.be/-PkzIGSyjLQ (if the link somehow doesn't work, just search Youtube for "Assassins Creed Unity Glitch Compilation")

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Nov 11, 2014, 01:02 Quinn

LittleMe wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 19:30:
There have been some AC:U twitch streams from xbones. It looks like the same thing so far.

Not surprised. I will never understand why the Bluesnews community doesn't piss all over this milked moneygrab shite of a franchise.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
31. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 7, 2014, 05:51 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:21:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:05:
16!?! That's great and all, and I was going to buy Witcher 3 anyway, but now I have no incentive to buy it early... more like in a year and a half after when all these DLCs are finally released. :|

^ this e-fuckin-xactly

You 2 must be absolutely fucking kidding me. CD Project RED reveals that they are going to keep adding stuff to their game FOR FREE, and yet -- SOMEHOW!!!! -- you guys can moan about it like a bunch of fucking crackwhores. Unbelievable.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 10:12 Quinn

The videos dont cut it for me. Everything looks bland and dull. It somehow looks like it's all instanced, too, which I shouldnt believe because they were selling this shit as open-world. Maybe every Instance deels big and open world? After all, SoM called itself open-world too.

Everything I see warns me that this game will suck, but because the gaming industry is in desperate need of another RPG like DA or ME or KotoR.. I can't help but looking forward naively.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
18. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 13:47 Quinn

Oh, nostalgia! I WILL play this game again someday soon. This time with a whiskey and cigar instead of lemonade and a cookie!

OT: Dragon Age Keep is minutes from becoming open-beta.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless Oct 28, 2014, 09:55 Quinn

harlock wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 06:06:
Quinn wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 03:10:
First time I heard the term/genre "rogue-like" was on this site about half a year ago. Still have no idea what it entails and cba to look it up

first time i heard "rogue" was back in 81

First time I heard "rogue" was-- I don't give a shit. A "rogue-like" game, though? What, is it stealthy? Has it something to do with someone being exiled? Point is I never heard of the GENRE! I have heard of both the word "rogue" and "like", though. *shoulder pat*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless Oct 28, 2014, 03:10 Quinn

First time I heard the term/genre "rogue-like" was on this site about half a year ago. Still have no idea what it entails and cba to look it up  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2014, 03:34 Quinn

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 19:35:
Numinar wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 11:27:
Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 03:53:
Cram wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 00:08:
Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 23:45:
Despite saying I wouldn't get it at release I broke down and bought it a few days ago. Having fun but not sure I like the emphasis on being above ground, to me the best part of the game is still dungeon crawling.

This is a fair point, if you've completely beat the game, which you haven't. I mean completely. Do not get discouraged and enjoy the ride ffs.

Good luck in the Cemetery and Pyramid, seems like that's what you want to experience. Good luck in those areas bud.

Part of the problem is that I'm playing the game on hard. I beat the first Grimrock on hard w/ old school mode activated. Hard turns the game into a lot of trial and error with constant reloads. I guess my patience is starting to wear out a little with Grimrock after 28 hrs in the first game. I'm still enjoying it though.

I wish I would have picked normal but I'm not starting over now.

You ruined it for yourself. Here is how difficulty should work and sounds like it is in your case:

Easy: I'm drunk or otherwise mentally impeded.

Medium: I wan't to play, and win, a game using common sense, gaming experience and the minimal amount of trial and error.

Hard: I need to min-max, read faqs and plan ahead to win the game.

The problem with hard is enemies can kill you in 2-3 hits. There are lots of instances where you'll be dropped into a pit or find yourself surrounded by 3-4 enemies. Essentially you have to play combat almost perfectly and not get hit at all which turns the game into a chore.

Hard emphasizes the worst part of Grimrock which is the combat.

Well what on earth did you expect difficulty would influence? If you think the combat is the worst part of the game, why the fuck did you up the difficulty?!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2014, 17:06 Quinn

I am freaking loving Alien: Isolation! I'm no longer sneaking around being scared, though -- I feel like I'm a tad too efficient Ripley! -- but I just wanna eat the atmosphere up and see where the story is taking me.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

13. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2014, 06:16 Quinn

Cram wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 01:11:
Quinn wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 05:29:
Why do you guys find it better than the similar Might & Magic game that came out this year? Genuine inquiry. Personally I loved the M&M game and Grimrock 1 paled under its awesomeness.

I am not a veteran of this genre by any means. I have not heard of this Might and Magic game.

I hope it says something that only having played very few games in this genre, this being my game of the year so far among many games I've played this year says something uniquely positive about Grimrock 2. I will look into this new Might and Magic game, I am intrigued.

Might & Magic X: Legacy

I forgot the name back at work and got to look it up back home.

Just checked some gameplay footage of Grimrock 2. Picking this one up! You guys will love M&M X, too!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 22, 2014, 11:04 Quinn

Managed to just now listen to the voiceacting. Goodness, when I would mockingly impersonate a big, strong, dumb brute.. I would sound basically like that qunari. It's really.. really bad.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
20. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 22, 2014, 10:52 Quinn

The Magician wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 01:35:
Fuck you. The game just came out, you could've either included this shit with the game or delayed it a week. Just fuck you game studios.

-- a game developer who is sick of this bullshit

*sigh* Always this same bs complaint.

Developers have a budget for the main game.
Developers have a different budget for the DLCs.
If you don't want the DLCs, don't buy them. Don't come sobbing that you want more for less simply because there is or will be more. It's infantile.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
37. Hatred Oct 22, 2014, 06:56 Quinn

You guys do realize this game is almost literally a REMAKE of the original Postal, right? I seriously can't wait for someone to make a side-by-side comparisson video.

A few days ago I was talking with some colleagues about this ivory tower asshole in some office we never see yets makes the dumbest decisions and acts like a complete motherfucker just because he has the position to do so. It's animalistic, primitive alpha shit. It was then that I took the time to chew on that and it didn't take long to remind myself that it's a typical human attribute -- once you gain power, you act like you're a better, more important person in life. Disgusting. Ugh.

Why do I write this? Well, not just to bore the shit out of you but to make a point. I already posted it in an earlier thread: From a certain perspective, humanity is a puddle of shite. "Hatred" would be the game to let off some steam. Because, come on, every single one of us sometimes -- on some rare occassions -- thinks: "Fucking hell, I hate humans.".

Again, it's the ORIGINAL POSTAL with a new engine and better gameplay. Who gives a shit?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 22, 2014, 05:29 Quinn

jam777 wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 19:56:
Cram wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 11:53:
PHJF wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:51:
Grimrock is the best game I've played this year.

This.

Count me in.

Why do you guys find it better than the similar Might & Magic game that came out this year? Genuine inquiry. Personally I loved the M&M game and Grimrock 1 paled under its awesomeness.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1365 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo