Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1290 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
52. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 03:19 Quinn

harlock wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 00:13:
DarkCntry wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 23:38:
Here's a trick for you...get one of the Warchiefs up to like level 19, make sure he has no weaknesses...then tell me just how easy it is. Oh, and make sure he's a Combat Master, that makes sure you won't rely on the streak attacks or just use stun+flurry.

got killed by a "legendary" captain once, he got promoted and started dual wielding these posion axes.. after a while he got up to lvl 18, started pissing me off because he kept showing up at the worst times when i was fighting other dudes

so i marked him and got his intel, dude had invulnerability to everything - stealth, ranged, melee.. hate of defeat, also regeneration... he had fear of caragors but was a monster slayer so he could kill them instantly

anyways, once i found him i slaughtered all his cronies and started pounding on him trying to figure out how to kill him

we were dueling in a heavy rainstorm, in the middle of an open field, all alone because i massacred everyone around him

went back and forth for 10 minutes, as i slowly figured out how to beat him, whittling him down one little sliver at a time

it was so fucking epic - like some movie level shit.. - and yet it was totally unscripted sandbox stuff

Once you were behind him (if he was even immune to stuns from the front) you could've stunned him and flurry him, then stop the flurry right before it ends and stun him again, then flurry him again. That's how you kill combat masters. Either that or you get them to a ledge and bash them over it.

So far I haven't met a single enemy that is immune to stuns from the back. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 19:19 Quinn

Squirmer wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:16:
Quinn wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:13:
Very underwhelmed with SoM. It's too easy, and you're doing the same shit the entire time. The game is as shallow as a puddle. There are a lot of weapon sidequest but they all end up with you either having to shoot uruks, stealth-kill uruks or kill uruks in open battle. Every uruk can identify a special uruk for you, though only worms and special uruks can reveal their weaknesses. The latter is useless, because you could basically kill 5 warchiefs in one battle with one hand while playing Plants vs Zombies with the other.

The entire game you're basically killing uruks or let them kill eachother, and collect shit. I'm surprised the game is being received so fucking well.
How far into it are you? The basic uruks are easy to fight, but once the ones with shields and the ones that block your attacks appear, it gets harder.

Second area. Those guys you either execute once you get the streak or stun+flurry them. For the shieldies you jump over them then stun+flurry them. It's so easy :-(

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 19:13 Quinn

Very underwhelmed with SoM. It's too easy, and you're doing the same shit the entire time. The game is as shallow as a puddle. There are a lot of weapon sidequest but they all end up with you either having to shoot uruks, stealth-kill uruks or kill uruks in open battle. Every uruk can identify a special uruk for you, though only worms and special uruks can reveal their weaknesses. The latter is useless, because you could basically kill 5 warchiefs in one battle with one hand while playing Plants vs Zombies with the other.

The entire game you're basically killing uruks or let them kill eachother, and collect shit. I'm surprised the game is being received so fucking well.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
4. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Oct 4, 2014, 10:41 Quinn

It's a survival horror game like Amnesia. These games, no matter their successes, seem to still be... niche. This, however, is a big title, so it will be handled by reviewers who don't really know what the fuck they really got their hands on.

From what I've SEEN (which is so much more reliable than reading shit) this game looks pretty solid and scary as hell.

I've said it before: Fuck reviews. They are a dying breed; a thing of the past. Stop reading, start watching. The gameplay vids look good.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
4. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 10:13 Quinn

Blalalala i'm not listening to any of te complaints.

Listen, what have we learned from the Shadow of Mordor specs if not earlier? These speclists are created for us to be fooled into buying new hardware. Shadow of Mordor runs with 70+ constant FPS without stutters with everything on ULTRA (except Vegetation range is on High) and here's the punchline: on my 2GB VRAM GPU! Hahahhaha!
Yeah.

So, calm down. It'll be all right.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 10:04 Quinn

Give me 5 minutes of gameplay from early ingame, and 5 minutes farther into the game and don't let me hear your subjective shit. That's all I need.

I hope reviews go extinct.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 20:35 Quinn

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 15:59:
It looks great to me.

I'm probably going to be lost for 900 hours in that character creator, though. FINALLY I will have a Jack Bauer who looks like Jack Fucking Bauer!@!!

Jack Bauer is indeed the most awesome hero EVURRR! Kiefer Sutherland ftw! My wife and I even have a Jack Bauer action figure in the hallway pointing at our front door with his gun and his phone at his ear.
We don't need to lock our door no more.

Never a second thought about making a Jack Bauer look-alike in Dragon Age, though. Pretty epic idea...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
81. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 2, 2014, 20:06 Quinn

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 18:22:
I can't believe how much I've been enjoying this game. It's really good. I think I like it more than Destiny. Maybe because there's a story.

I worked my way to the point where I have to build an army. Basically what the devs been selling since one of the first announcements of the game. I like it more than before now. The skills to "brand" orcs and order them to do stuff adds a dynamic to the game it desperately missed during the first half.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
2. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 10:50 Quinn

Xil wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 10:38:
tbh, looks like fun to me

Yes, I think it looks good. It'd also just be such a nice change of pace to play as this small, ancient, epic creature

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 10:36 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 09:57:

I'm still not buying this game until it goes on sale at a massive discount and I hear user reviews.

This just sounds so... I want to say unfair. Once you actually read user reviews and they all or most of them praise the game; you watch user gameplay videos and they look really good to you, you're basically saying you'd still wait for this massive discount. Wtf. :\

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 06:39 Quinn

Julio wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 06:28:
Quinn wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 05:53:
I still love the way they make their role-playing games such an immersive, cinematic, story-heavy experience. It's the thing I desperately miss in every kickstarter release out there.

I'm finding Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin to be immersive and have enough story for me. As far as cinematics, I'm fine with dropping those to have more gameplay.

I like those games too, but I don't find them immersive nor their story engaging enough to return to the game. For me, those games are basically just gameplay. They are good for variety but I'd probably stop gaming if games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age or The Witcher (I know, not Bioware but same idea) would die out and we're left with games like Wasteland 2 and DOS.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 05:53 Quinn

Julio wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 05:43:
Definitely a long wait and see on this one. Then wait for it to drop in price massively. The old Bioware is dead, the new one hasn't done much well at all.

The old Bioware is dead, yes. However, I still love the way they make their role-playing games such an immersive, cinematic, story-heavy experience. It's the thing I desperately miss in every kickstarter release out there. Plus, the gameplay is always pretty solid too and so are the ports.

I can't complain about them too much.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

79. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 2, 2014, 05:11 Quinn

NKD wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 03:07:
Quinn wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 02:25:
Quinn wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 10:40:
A tip for new-comers:

Exactly like the Arkham games, it's best NOT to roam from the start but at least do the first 5 or 6 main missions before you start acting like the completionist that you are. Those first main missions unlock skills and game features that add layers this game really needs.

Ok I'm gonna reply/add to my own comment here, because when the shitty fudge do we actually get the skills that are advertized in every single PR video of this game? I mean the option to let an Uruk SPY ON, ASSASSINATE or THREAT other Uruks? I'm already at 10/20 Main Missions looking at my progress bar and so far all I've been able to do is gain INTELL and KILL and do powerstruggle quests that are a big questionmark to me. Why should I care if a lower Uruk rises in power or not if I can't convert the fucker

You unlock Brand at the beginning of the second map. Death Threat is an ability you have to buy in the skill tree.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! I'll advance EVEN MORE into the story when I get back home, then.

The game is good, the game is fun, albeit a bit lifeless. I can't say I'm superduper thrilled to start playing again this evening. This because I kinda got the feeling I've... already seen everything the game has to offer

I really hope those domination skills add allot to the gameplay.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

77. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 2, 2014, 02:25 Quinn

Quinn wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 10:40:
A tip for new-comers:

Exactly like the Arkham games, it's best NOT to roam from the start but at least do the first 5 or 6 main missions before you start acting like the completionist that you are. Those first main missions unlock skills and game features that add layers this game really needs.

Ok I'm gonna reply/add to my own comment here, because when the shitty fudge do we actually get the skills that are advertized in every single PR video of this game? I mean the option to let an Uruk SPY ON, ASSASSINATE or THREAT other Uruks? I'm already at 10/20 Main Missions looking at my progress bar and so far all I've been able to do is gain INTELL and KILL and do powerstruggle quests that are a big questionmark to me. Why should I care if a lower Uruk rises in power or not if I can't convert the fucker

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Falling Skies Rises
2. Re: Falling Skies Rises Oct 1, 2014, 17:00 Quinn

Wtf its like watching an alpha version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

75. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 Quinn

A tip for new-comers:

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

65. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:55 Quinn

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 04:39:
Just looked up some reviews. Yeah, I guess you swap maps partway through.

And no, it's not Serkis, my preeeeeeeeecious.

Ahh, good to hear!

Not Serkis? My god, that's unbelievable. I could've sworn...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

63. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:28 Quinn

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 04:07:
Played for about 7 or 8 hours. Having a lot of fun. Some random thoughts:

- The world seems REALLY small. Like, you can cross it in minutes small.

This scares me. And I don't think that the first areamap is the entire world. If it is the entire world, the PR guy during the NVIDIA gameplay session basically LIED and I probably complete the game this evening... and I'm at work until 5.

- I've tried intentionally injuring a captain and letting him run off twice. The first guy got eaten by a Carabor halfway across the map. (It cut to his death while I was climbing something.) The second guy got jumped by another captain and also died. I gave up on doing it on purpose. I did have one guy who was missing an eye and had burn scars, but I accidentally killed him before I even knew he was around again.

I know what you mean. This part of the nemesis system doesn't seem to work for me either. There was a certain Uruk that I thought I killed but came back with scars on his face and I killed him again within half a minute. He came back again with leather straps covering almost his entire face, and I killed him again within half a minute. He came back AGAIN and at that point I decapitated him within half a minute. He didn't come back afterwards but it didn't really add anything either -- he was just another Uruk, dying too easily.

- The guy doing Gollum also did a great job. I had to look it up on IMDB just to see if it was really Andy Serkis or not.

Wait, are you saying it's not Andy Serkis!???!!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

47. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 18:03 Quinn

I play everything on ULTRA and texture maps HIGH and the game runs smooth as butter on my 2GB VRAM GTX 680. No stuttering either.

Game is great fun though I'm butchering everything in my path and I'm not sure what could stop me -- the game is that easy. During 1 fight, 4 nemesis mobs were on me. Killed them all. 2 hours in I nearly killed my way to the warchiefs even before gaining the spy/assassinate/taunt abilities because I ignored the main quests.

Here's to hoping the game gets a bit more complex that this once I get said abilities.

Having a blast nonetheless and from now on I'll ignore recommended specs again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
12. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 06:36 Quinn

NKD wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 05:40:
Performance seems really good. Note that if you use SLI, Nvidia somehow failed to get an SLI profile ready for this ahead of time. I forced AFR2 in the control panel and that got SLI going. It seems to scale really well with SLI too.

2560x1440, Ultra, everything maxed out etc, solid 60fps. My system is pretty beefy but I've had no stutters or other weird issues like I've had with some other PC ports recently.

EDIT: Holy fuck this game is fun. Wouldn't go so far as to recommend the game yet, haven't seen enough to judge, but first impression is that they need to just stop making those fucking no-kill pussy Batman games and make more of this. The things I'm doing to these orcs just ain't right man.

OK that [EDIT] part did it, fucker I'm going home sick now, arrgh nasty headache, itch in the throat, and I just puked a little in the bathroom. Sorry boss

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1290 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo