Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1116 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
16. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 07:06 Quinn

Everyone's saying the combat is tough. I guess I'm having the perfect group:

Rogue. Cleric. Mage. 2h Warrior.

The mage and warrior are the ones from the first settlement. The warrior nearly oneshots bosses, and since she can't move much per turn I always drop her near the toughest enemy using mage's teleport/kamikaze skill. She does damage with the landing, and when it's her turn I use the men-at-arms Flurry skill.. obliberating any but the toughest enemies/bosses.

When my Rogue gets behind an enemy, he can basically backstab until the enemy is dead before his turn ends.

All 4 classes can heal and use CC abilities.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Survey
27. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 16, 2014, 04:17 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 03:48:
Quinn wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 03:33:
... soliciting opinions on what gamers want from Mass Effect 4 ...

This is what sickens me these days. This open-book thing. What happened ot their so called "artistic integrity"? Hypocrites. They don't realize they're not asking all gamers -- they're asking the opinion of the small % of gamers who waste their time being obsessive enough to respond to this inquiry.

You can see it in TV series too. The 3% of obsessed loudmouths on the internet ruin it for the entire fanbase these days, because writers are forced by the panel of unseen judges to listen to these morons. It's why Hannah Mckay ("She so sexy! We loves her!") ruined Dexter and the Eric("He so sexy! We loves him!")-Sookie-Bill love triangle ruined TrueBlood, and so on. And so on. And so on.

You also saw it happen in Mass Effect. "We loves companionz so much we care not for story just companionz COMPANINNOSSNZNNZ!!". It's why since ME2 companions aren't just an awesome extra participating to the story in sublevel fashion, but the entire story actually revolves AROUND the fuckers! It's why we got this weird concept in ME2 where you had to collect a series of psychopaths to save the universe from one of its biggest threads. Not an army, no... a handful of weirdos.

Fuck me. Had to get this off my chest, I guess...

But that's why I liked Mass Effect.. it was about companions, without that, the game would have been mediocre at best (ok, I guess the setting didn't fit it.. but so what ,p)

Sadly, for me it was the opposite. I hated the idea. It also was so lineair! Every recruitment was a little chapter/story of its own, completely remote of the main story, and you knew exactly where you were in the main story because of this list you were working down -- you nearly had all the recruits? You were nearly at the climax.

I know it's all subjective, this. But what is moreso objective is the observation that this new *thing* is going on that actually does destroy artistic integrity (how EA/Bioware destroyed that term!) -- the thing where devs ask what we want; where we want a story to go, and not just take those opinions and put it somewhere, but actually make it happen. -_-

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 16, 2014, 03:33 Quinn

... soliciting opinions on what gamers want from Mass Effect 4 ...

This is what sickens me these days. This open-book thing. What happened ot their so called "artistic integrity"? Hypocrites. They don't realize they're not asking all gamers -- they're asking the opinion of the small % of gamers who waste their time being obsessive enough to respond to this inquiry.

You can see it in TV series too. The 3% of obsessed loudmouths on the internet ruin it for the entire fanbase these days, because writers are forced by the panel of unseen judges to listen to these morons. It's why Hannah Mckay ("She so sexy! We loves her!") ruined Dexter and the Eric("He so sexy! We loves him!")-Sookie-Bill love triangle ruined TrueBlood, and so on. And so on. And so on.

You also saw it happen in Mass Effect. "We loves companionz so much we care not for story just companionz COMPANINNOSSNZNNZ!!". It's why since ME2 companions aren't just an awesome extra participating to the story in sublevel fashion, but the entire story actually revolves AROUND the fuckers! It's why we got this weird concept in ME2 where you had to collect a series of psychopaths to save the universe from one of its biggest threads. Not an army, no... a handful of weirdos.

Fuck me. Had to get this off my chest, I guess...

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2014, 03:43.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
51. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 16, 2014, 02:30 Quinn

Waves or not, crappy combat or not, I'm definitely buying this game. A game that seamlessly merges into rather cinematic cutscenes with dialogue options ala Mass Effect is an instant buy for me.

With just one look I can already tell this game is probably not going to be anywhere near as tactical as DAO. It will be more like Mass Effect -- remember ME combat also allowed you to pauze for tactical input, though we hardly had to use that feature.

If this game will be as story driven as ME with swords, magic and dragons... fuck me, instant buy fo sho!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 02:18 Quinn

When a personality is active the AI will automatically make dialogue choices (based on its personality) for the avatar that isn't selected.

Won't this be horribly annoying? Sometimes I really, really, really want to pick a certain choice like forgiving someone instead of executing them on the spot. If this AI will automatically pick the other option and I'm left with a rock-paper-scissor game against my own companion... I'd be rather frustrated when I lose.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 15, 2014, 10:55 Quinn

It's like they have absolutely no idea what they're doing or want to do with the next title yet. We've had multiple different, completely contradicting statements from the devs ("We're halfway!" / "We haven't decided where to go with the story yet!" .. wtf?) and there's no footage to speak of.

So far I have zero hope or anticipation for this game. Then again, I'm not sure I want to play a new ME game from these devs. I played the earlier games desperate to make peace with the Geth. In part 3 I finally did, only to obliberate them in the end because of the lesser evil choice. Blegh, screw this franchise. Just remembering the ending fuck-up pisses me off.

PS: Still waiting for a good and proper anno 2014 RPG. Kinda like Alpha Protocol, just more awesome.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Gameplay Trailer Jul 15, 2014, 06:06 Quinn

I am so NOT interested in this shit. I mean, Black Flag.. sure. The game had ships; awesome naval combat -- something new. What does this game add? You can now... climb down? Oh wow!

Go fuck yourself. I'll pass.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

PC Gaming > Lords of the Fallen
3. No subject Jul 14, 2014, 12:51 Quinn

It does, doesn't it? One of the #1 games I'm looking forward to. It came out of nowhere to me. Too much PR is too much, but this title really needs/deserves more hype, I think.

Bought Severance - Blade of Darkness again for about 1 dollar on GOG. Started playing again. It still plays extremely well. Like I said: There's no game out there with better melee combat. I disagree with the statement it's Dark Souls. That game doesn't play tankish, just sluggish -- specifically designed for you to die. As the Lords of the Fallen dev said: Our game is challenging like Dark Souls, just without the frustration. ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 08:22 Quinn

PHJF wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 08:00:
Beyond Divinity is an atrocious game best forgotten.

Hmm, that's not what metacritic says. An user score of 7,9 + allot of positive quotes at first look. I'll give it a shot.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 07:49 Quinn

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 06:19:
Divinity Original Sin is excellent and there's no reason to wait 4-6 months.

Does anyone know if Divinity 2 was good? I know it's slightly different but now I've got the Larian itch again.

Do you mean Divine Divinity 2? The one where your soul is linked with... is it a Death Knight?

Anyway, I have this same itch again. I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks soon. I think I'm going to buy Divine Divinity 1&2 again and play it on my crappy laptop in the sweet Italian evenings with a cold beer next to me! Yeah!

Anyone played Divine Divinity 2? I didn't. I fell in love with Divine Divinity 1 but I never tried its sequel. It's crazy. Hell I didn't even finish Divine Divinity 1, come to think of it, because I suddenly got to a point in the story where I couldn't go back and I still had an unfinished romantic thing going with an elf in a village. The completionist that I already was back then made me simply quit near the end of the game. Crazy!

Edit: Ffs, I was talking about Beyond Divinity. That's the sequel. There's no Divine Divinity 2.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Video Interview
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Video Interview Jul 12, 2014, 22:47 Quinn

Meh, looks liike more of the same. Especially the combat. The guy was talking about the changes but what you saw in the vid was the same lame system that's been boring to me since AC1. And the double take-downs, with those same soundfiles *swip*(hidden blade out)-*splat*(plunging into necks).

Yup. I'm actually very much done with the franchise. Especially with those fucking dumb stories.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 04:56 Quinn

This I like!!!!!! Mass Effect meets Dragon Age! Screw all critisism. I'm psyched xD  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 14:09 Quinn

Julio wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 13:58:
No thanks to DA3, there's a better game already out in Divinity Original Sin (and some other KS based RPGs still to come). The previews of DA3 make it look like a console RPG lite, not for me.

Honestly, DOS and DA are incomparable. They are both RPGs, but both completely different.

Also, Darks, even with your valid reasoning I still have a very hard time to feel even a slither of a doubt that TW3 is going to be the "winner". However, that doesn't mean I have ill hopes for DA3. Like you, I like what I'm reading and seeing. I'm very optimistic and am looking forward to it allot.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 12:21 Quinn

Darks wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 12:01:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:06:
Witcher 3 is going to blow this out of the water.

I seriously doubt that.

Hmmm. I don't. I really don't.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 11:24 Quinn

BitWraith wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:17:
I have this preordered already.

Back when I was a young nipper playing Pool of Radiance, I would have given a testicle to play a game that looks like this. A little perspective is in order...

Then by all means let loose of your wallet and pre-order every RPG you can. Forever. Because chances are they'll all look better than the games of old.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jul 10, 2014, 11:06 Quinn

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:28:
It feels like a 1/4 of a review. The intro sentence is about multiplayer, I mean no preamble or background? Other parts are seemingly taken from PR blurbs.

The link takes you to Page 2. There's actually a Page 1 too.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 10:04 Quinn

Then again, what the Dragon Age franchise desperately needs is a dynamic animal population system (DAPS). It was high time they introduced it. We're sure to see DAPS in any upcoming RPG from now on. Let's just hope The Witcher 3 isn't going to be delayed because of it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 10, 2014, 09:48 Quinn

OpticNerve wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 04:59:
Quinn wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 04:05:
I do recommend everyone to start with a male and female companion. My only regret regarding the builds is that I chose 2 males. Impulsive Rogue & Wise old Cleric, I liked the roleplay idea. Some companion dialogue is obviously meant for a male&female relationship.

Also, is there any way to change portraits? I made a dumb mistake regarding the Cleric portrait. The portrait doesn't have a goatie! :O

Not 100% sure but I think you can change your portrait when you respec later on. Someone here further along in the game might know for sure.

Thanks, and yes you can change the portraits at some point when you've unlocked the third portal at The End of Time!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month
10. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 10, 2014, 08:59 Quinn

This is the new name of Pillars of Eternity, yeah? I'm confused.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

PC Gaming > Lords of the Fallen
1. Lords of the Fallen Jul 10, 2014, 08:52 Quinn

A game that only just now gave a bleep on my radar is Lords of the Fallen. Yesterday I gave it a little look on Youtube; watched some of the gameplay vids. For a hack&slash, this game looks delicious. You're a tankish character... moreso ala Dark Souls than, say.. Darksiders or God of War.

The devs themselves compare it with Dark Souls, but only because they don't know the following game or think the public doesn't: Because this game looks and seems to feel like the next gen Severance - Blade of Darkness!

Anywow, it's because of that subjective observation that I'm excited about this (albeit surely consolized) game that'll be out this october! Man, Severance is still one of my favorite games ever. IMO, it still has the best third-person melee combat to date!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1116 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo