Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1072 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Summer Sales Ending
17. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 20:12 Quinn

nin wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 19:31:
babar wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 17:08:
Is Wolfenstein at $29.99 worth it? I'm on the fence about this one. I may jump on it if there's a bigger drop tomorrow.

I enjoyed the hell out of it, but I doubt it'll go below $30.

Put about 8 hours into it. Been a fantastic experience but after 8 hours it's just done. Both story-wise + you've seen what the game has to offer gameplay wise. That sounds good to you? Go ahead and buy it. FPS wise it's been a blast but as always lately there's just not enough enemies to sate the bloodthirst.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Summer Sales Ending
16. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 20:07 Quinn

I've spent about $20,- on this summer sale total. I've seen allot of crappy arcade shit going around that has seem to be popular.

I'm a PC gamer. The one that defines himself as being pro the following: story; gameplay; immersion; graphics.

Go on and buy the shit side-scrolling degenerate bullshit titles that sate your jaded spirit. I'm not one of you, however. Go Deus Ex. Go Divinity. Go The Witcher. All that arcady non-story sidescrolling shit --> leave me alone and take all your customers somewhere else for heaven's sake!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
40. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 29, 2014, 04:59 Quinn

"Your key has been revoked because it was stolen. Buy it at a more steep price at the source, damnit!" Just sounds awfully shady to me. And again, pointing to my last comment, #2 wasn't the case at all! Unless you somehow have a source that says the keys were stolen mere seconds before the game's release, there really isn't a good explanation why the "stolen" keys weren't just blocked instead of revoked after activation.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
15. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 19:34 Quinn

If the keys were truly stolen from a particular source, there are two possibilities:

1. The source didn't know they were stolen, which means doubles should've gone around with some people getting a message that "the key is already redeemed";
2. The source did know they were stolen, acted accordingly and people wouldn't have been able to redeem their blocked key.

None of the above is the case. To my logic, it's a big lie even if GMG keys got revoked as well or not.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
14. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 28, 2014, 10:06 Quinn

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 09:48:
Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 11:12:
dj LiTh wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 10:28:
Really excited for monday. I havent touched the alpha/beta yet, as to have a clean slate going in and forming my opinion about it.

I have 52 hours in and I still haven't done probably half of everything in the alpha/beta. Yeah, I'm hella stoked for Monday too as I'm loving it. Right now this thing is head and shoulders above Wasteland 2 which I've found I'm pretty disappointed with so far on all fronts.

Very cool, really glad to hear from everyone that has tried it so far being so impressed. As for starting on the 30th, i like being thrown in the deepend, thats how i learn the fastest :), great problem to have!

So hyped!

Hey dj LiTh not sure you realized but my earlier comment (6) was kinda for you! I'm personally really excited that I HAVE put a few little hours into the beta so that I now know my "first" roll will be the choice that won't disappoint me. Maybe something to chew on!

It's no big deal of course. To each their own. Hope you'll love the game as much as I do! Can't wait for the official release!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Elite 3
13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Elite 3 Jun 28, 2014, 03:16 Quinn

Read this weird report that Rebellion is illegally revoking many Steam keys and even removing the game from people's library. Weird story with a tail I'm sure!

Here's the source

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 27, 2014, 11:54 Quinn

Bought the game a few days ago. I didn't manage to invest allot of hours into it, mostly because of the knowledge that my save games will disappear.

If you already own the game but haven't touched it yet, I strongly advice to start touching it. Put... like, 6 hours into it so you know what you want your main build to be. I started with a Fighter + Cleric combo but thanks to the 6 hours I put into it I now know I want to start my official run as a Rogue + Cleric.

If you're patient because you want the perfect experience, think about how perfect the experience will be when you realize 6 hours into your game that you've picked the classes that just don't move you enough.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Developer Making F2P Game
6. Re: Sleeping Dogs Developer Making F2P Game Jun 26, 2014, 17:52 Quinn

F2P. The worst model ever. It just doesn't work.

1. People add an almost irrational amount of worth to a product they actually have to pay a relatively large sum for;
2. Pay 2 Win -- F2P games are dominated by obsessed lowlifes within days, which are few and far in between which makes it a target group you really don't want to target;
3. See point 1. Can't stress it enough. Human psyche is a bitch and it's one of the reasons smartphones can be so retardedly expensive and actually sell.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War Jun 26, 2014, 16:00 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 15:16:
grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 07:29:
I don't hate Germany, as a nation or as a people, but I do hate the fact that they have attempted to gloss over WW1, WW2, and the Holocaust in their history books and popular culture.

That's right.. Germany glosses over the holocaust.... one of the only nations on the planet where denying the holocaust is a crime... sigh

Your basis for this claim is what exactly?

Grudgebearer, I'm sure you'll love Saving Private Ryann, where every single German was evil incarnate. Even that German soldier that was shown mercy. Fuck me, he didn't even reluctantly rejoin his German allies, he freaking enjoyed being an asshole! Not to forget the German who grinned like a downright maniac as he dug his knife into a throat. It's the kind of overrated shit-movie that would please the ignorant fools like yourself.

Granted, the movie has the best D-day scene EVER!

There's a particular scene in Band of Brothers and I've been searching the web for a while to find the part and failed. It really stuck with me. I don't mean the scene where the German general does his final speech to his surrendered troops -- which was also moving! -- but the one where the surrendered German troops were all marching down an open road, the Allies in trucks and tanks in the middle, where one Allied soldier kinda flips and starts shouting in utmost rage to the surrendered Germans, something like "You cowards! How could you fight for a cause so downright evil and follow this psychopath of a dictator" blablabla it was a strong part and a necessary part because every single one of us must've felt the same way at some point. Of course, the human psyche is more complex than that. Yes, they were cowards. But if the alternative was a bullet in the brain, you, too, Grudgebearer, would've probably put them Jews on a train, albeit reluctantly.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 25, 2014, 17:06 Quinn

That's 3 to 4 dollars an hour for that Valiant Hearts game. Hell, with that reasoning I would've bought Skyrim for $1200,-!

No thank you. Quality is worth allot, but longevity at least equally so, I argue.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Jun 24, 2014, 17:29 Quinn

Omni wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 12:51:
I am drinking a brown ale.

Well done! As long as it's not an IPA, I'm sure it's a good one xD The belgium beers trump all, of course. Try Westmalle or one that may be hard to get in the USA -- Gulden Draak.

As for this game: It's not what the industry needs or wants.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
60. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 23, 2014, 14:59 Quinn

Couldn't agree more with allot of comments here. All games that come from CryTek feel like Techdemos. I was never excited about any game they put out. I've always seen them as overambitious guys, which is a tricky trait indeed.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patched; PC Graphics Explained
15. Re: Watch Dogs Patched; PC Graphics Explained Jun 23, 2014, 14:35 Quinn

Crysis 3 looks gorgeous. Even Far Cry 3 looks gorgeous. The Witcher 2 looks absolutely gorgeous.

I can't call Watch Dogs gorgeous. Neither with the mod. The entire game is meh and a few little hours (3?) into the game I realized that no matter what the coming missions offered, I just knew I'd already seen everything the game had to offer.

I was right. There are 5 gameplay styles this game offers:

1. Hacking your way toward a thing you need to hack;
2. Knocking out a target surrounded by other enemies to knock out;
3. Stopping a convoy with a predetermined path by any means necessary;
4. Chasing a guy through a street and mashing the action button until the game decides you're close enough;
5. Car chases, which end within 5 seconds because the streets are littered with steam-pipes which immobilize cars instantly once triggered.

It's just so.. MEH! And I keep wondering: What, then, does GTA (IV & V) add that makes them... not meh? I'm simply not sure. Even their cities feel more vibrant while in WD, too, you can enter stupid areas and play stupid mini-games...

Anyway, I still LOVED my hours in Watch Dogs... but that's because of the online invasions -- which are simply revolutionary great.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
76. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 22, 2014, 20:09 Quinn

Ah, good to hear that there's at least coming some voice acting! Ad thanks for the other tips!

I also found out some real fun thing today. You can "distract" moving NPCs with one companion by entering a conversation with them, then switch to your thieving character and steal stuff behind their back xP

This game reminds me of the old Divine Divinity allot somehow. I love it alteady even though I'm not committed yet due to the immenent saves removal ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

74. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 22, 2014, 05:31 Quinn

Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 17:24:
Sold

Getting it tomorrow morning!

Bought the game, Divinity Original Sin. Great fun and first experience playing as a Fighter and Cleric combo. Not sure if you're still reading this thread, Axis or any other DOS player, but here's a little something I have to say:

1. I feel like a spoiled little brat because I really REALLY miss the voice-acting. I mean, I don't need it Skyrim-style but... really, can't NPCs at least say "Good day!" and enemies scream shit like "They're here! Kill them!" every now and then?;

2. The environmental manipulation -- it's so much fun! BUT... isn't it a dead-give-away that every second companion kinda needs to be a wizard?

3. The game isn't holding my hands, which is fine, but how can I find out what kind of stats my Cleric needs, for example? When I hover over the Int attribute, it tells me it improves your skill with Elemental and [something else] Spells... but what kind of school does the Cleric use? I'd say Light, but that doesn't exist.

4. Why do I get a -10 attitude penalty toward an NPC I succesfully persuaded?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 21, 2014, 11:34 Quinn

I agree. He's almost moreso entertaining than he is useful.

What I'd like to see is a journalist that splits his reviews up in two sections: Objective Observation and Subjective Blabber. The first part telling us what the game offers and what the bugs are, the second what features he likes and dislikes. Etc. Etc. Hell maybe i'll start my own site someday.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
47. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 21, 2014, 04:45 Quinn

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 19:26:
uplay and ubi sucks. Never touching anything that uses uplay in my life.

So then you're either pirating (shame on you!) or actually missing out on allot of good games (your loss!) due to some useless principle. For me, Uplay works just as well as Steam -- you start it up, click the game you want to play and you're done. As a bonus, Uplay rewards you Uplay points for some achievements with which you can buy ingame rewards (aka achievements actually mean something).

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

71. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 17:24 Quinn

Sold

Getting it tomorrow morning!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

69. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 16:24 Quinn

Alright! Hmmz something keeps me from buying because it's still "early access". Does it still feel beta, or does it actually feel finished now that it's 10 days prior release?

Watch Dogs starts to bore me so I started on Sniper Elite V2 but I really ache for a new, great (A)RPG so much 10 days feels like forever.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

67. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 13:28 Quinn

Wanted to buy Divinity today but then I realized the saves will probably go when the full game is released, right? Blegh, probably wait for official release!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1072 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo