Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1365 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
48. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 8, 2014, 08:05 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 07:17:
Unhinged from reality. 'bullying' lol. It's one thing to be enthusiastic about the game, its another to sound like a weird PR flunkie. There is nothing wrong with pointing out how childish the comment was and giving Squirmer a grounded point of view. Don't like it? Don't care.

Good show, you edited your comment. =)

Ooohh that "SHILLLL!!" nonsense every time someone shows strong enthousiasm about a game has gotten tired a long time ago and now it's just getting dead. Squirmer got a grounded point by both our views, and every other view expressed on this board. There's no reason for your attempt to patronize others who don't share your opinion or are, in your view, too enthousiastic.

PS: You're strange, too. *pouts*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 8, 2014, 07:23 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 07:17:
Unhinged from reality. If you stop making dumb posts, people will stop calling you out on them, 'bullying' lol.

Again with your asshole insults. You're clearly a pissed off guy. "Dumb posts". Care to elaborate?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 06:58 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 04:48:
shihonage wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 04:41:
No really, Skyrim is ankle-deep. You can finish the game, go around talk to NPCs, and they'll treat you like nothing happened. There are far too few choice&consequence checks, and the world isn't really reactive in any meaningful way.

Bethesda doesn't know how to do any better. Fallout 3's world reactivity was a pale shadow of Fallout 1 and 2. It too was an ankle-deep game, using the same engine no less.

We live in an age where publishes combine genres to appease everyone. That's how you get clumsy realtime first-person combat in your RPGs (Skyrim) and have to skin boars to get a second weapon slot in your FPSs (Far Cry).

That's why Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs are essentially the same game.

IQs dropped sharply enough in the past decade for people to stop distinguishing between a world which reacts to player agency, and a mere walking simulator.

For the most part, what we have today is walking simulators, all merging into this omni-genre of mass consumption. They're no longer games, but spreadsheets in 3D clothing, stamped out one after another off a conveyor belt.

All of them about "epic" bombastic adventures, where you stumble upon hundreds of programmer-written, autistic NPCs who drone on about garrisons, defenses and politics in a manner that makes The Phantom Menace look well-written.

The dream of translating pen&paper reactive worlds into computer form has died a long time ago. Now the big publishers only make extroverts' games. All flash, all nauseatingly "epic", taking place in railroaded and dead worlds.

Dark have been my dreams of late.

The lack of reactivity is what makes me really sour about Open World games nowdays as well Farcry 2/3/4 are all the same game... Dragon Age Inquisition also has this problem, and is nearly like a slightly more focused Skyrim in that regard... at least some stuff really does happen in the world. But reactivity... the army that is supposed to ravage the lands is always nothing but a phantom and nobody really cares about it until it stands right in front of your door, quite literally, twice even.

Argh, mate... be careful of spoilers next time! Now I know Skyhold will get sieged. I kinda expected it would happen, but not knowing for sure is what makes it interesting.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 8, 2014, 06:19 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 23:17:
Squirmer wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:21:
Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:17:
DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too.
Are you being serious.

He might be serious but that exaggeration is bordering on childlike and absurd.

"He might be serious ..." What the heck are you on about? I'm extremely enthousiastic about the game. To me, it's the best thing that happened to the gaming industry in a decade or more. Is this an exaggeration that's bordering on childlike and absurd? First of all, it might be an exaggeration from your point of view because you obviously don't feel as much for the game, but it's no exaggeration to me. Second of all, stop trollin'. You can only get away with that kinda bullying bullshit because you see it all over the place on this board. Doesn't make it any more charming or friendly. In fact, trying to provoke me like you do constantly is bordering on childlike and absurd. =)

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

39. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 15:36 Quinn

HorrorScope, if you ask me.. Comparing Mordor with Inquisition is like comparing a ramshackle house with an Orlesian villa. Dragon Age has so much more time and PASSION put into it I can't even try to express it with words. I honestly think that people who would argue otherwise just haven't played DA:I (past Hinterlands) yet. To me, the game is that revolutionary; that life-changing. I repeat: My friends and I feel the same way -- we cant let go of the game in real life; it's so insanely good it fucking haunts our damn dreams, lol  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

31. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 08:14 Quinn

Squirmer wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:21:
Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:17:
DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too.
Are you being serious.

?

Do you like hiking?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 06:17 Quinn

Warskull wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 03:29:
Saboth wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 13:05:
Kobalt wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 12:42:
It's hard to take a award show seriously when it's possible for something that's been out for less then month to win. And useless categories like most anticipated..

That's what I was thinking. Nintendo is developer of the year? Destiny is the best online experience? lol. DA:I certainly sounds like a decent game, but many people are saying it still fell short of the hype, and it is merely "pretty good". That doesn't sound like GotY material to me.
Sounds more like an AAA developer paying someone to be GotY.

Nintendo is one of the ones they got right. Nintendo had an amazing year. Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, DKC:Tropical Freeze, another Pokemon game, Kirby Triple:Deluxe. Plus you have their collaborations like Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo had a great year.

Destiny being the best online experience is an absolute joke. The game's online play was broken.

Dragon Age: Inquisition just shows the people selecting the awards were clearly not qualified. Dragon Age was the best megapublisher game of the year. Between EA, Square-Enix, Ubisoft, and Activision it was the best. However it was still only above average. It was the easy familiar pick for people who had no real knowledge of gaming. They clearly didn't play Bayonetta 2 or Dark Souls 2. Really DA:I was the least worthy of the award from the nominees.

Look at the people they have picking the awards and it will make sense.

http://thegameawards.com/jury-and-advisors/

A decent chunk of them aren't gamers.

You clearly haven't played DA:I nor have any fucking clue what the "hype" was like.

DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too. There's insane much ground to explore -- truly the scope of a damn MMO! -- and you can even play king by sentencing criminals which nobody asked for but its so fucking epic. DA:I is all kinds of awesome. My friends tell me they xan't let go of the game while they're not playing it -- it's so good that it will fucking HAUNT your real life and dreams!

Yup, DAI made me a fanboy and it's oh so clear that you just haven't played the damn game. Love and passion is put into this game, unlike DA2, and you're an incredelous fool if you can't see that.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 23:31 Quinn

Good to see DAI is GOTY. Game of the Decade if you ask me. The game is a whole new level of phenomenal.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
31. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 18:23 Quinn

Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:29:
gravity wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:24:
Right, but that was what I was inferring - although I'm using a gamepad, if I 'lock' and 'fire..' (which I assume is the same mechanic, albeit with different buttons to push on a KB/M), he closes in even from a distance.

Is it really different when doing the same 'function' between KB/M? It shouldn't be. That would be a huge flaw in the design.

I'm not even sure what you mean by lock, if you mean have the enemy selected (another issue, tiny selection zones for clicking things in this game) then yes I've done that and it doesn't remedy the problem I was describing.

Just hold R (default attack) + W (default forward) and your character will always close any gap between them and the enemy you're facing. Fact. Plus it feels badass. No complaints from this here tank. Guess you just didn't know, Verno. Now you do. Took me an hour to find out, too, as I was cussing the air I was hitting continuously.

Another thing I found out later as I was too lazy to move my cursor to every damned object to interact with it, is that if you just press default F when standing near the objects, it has the same result. Took away an irrational portion of frustration.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 15:24 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:13:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 13:51:
WTF!? Arkham Asylum was brilliant. Arkham City went a little over board with the gadgets... this is, absurd. Rocksteady has jumped the shark, too bad, the melee combat they introduced in the original game was one of the best to ever grace a video game.... and now... fuck!,,, RIP Batman.

It's a teaser trailer with no gameplay footage. A bit early to get into hysterics and declare both a developer and a character dead, no?

Well it's basically the Mako gameplay of ME2. Unnecessary.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 02:26 Quinn

I wonder how they can still keep Batman from killing punks, now that he has a tank. In other games, ledges had invisible walls for enemies in case you normally would have KO'ed them off a highrise building. What happens now, when you shoot a bomb in an enemy's face or run him over?

These goddamn tanks. Nobody asked for this. Batman doesn't need a tank to be awesome.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming Dec 1, 2014, 18:00 Quinn

shihonage wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 16:50:
It's a new engine only in the sense that Skyrim used a new engine. In other news, old engine with a sloppy coat of new paint.

I only care about campaigns in these games, because their MP experiences are shallow, twitchy imitations of better, deeper games.

With that in mind, I just wasted money on AW after reading all the positive reviews about its campaign. Then I acquired Ghosts, which was universally panned, and immediately its campaign is beating the AW campaign like a redheaded stepchild.

AW's levels have no rhyme or reason. It's just environments with enemies plonked in randomly - enemies you can't often even see. The suits provide no protection against bullets, and enemy placement is FUBAR, so the gameplay reduces you to a sitting, cowering duck playing popamole.

Ghosts, on the other hand, has the proper pacing, level design, and just plain superior writing. It can make you care, and it can make you feel like a badass. And, amazingly, their levels, with older version of the engine, look fucking BETTER. This is the better COD that I remember from COD4 days.

Never trusting reviewers again.

I would have said the exact same thing you said at the end of your comment if you were an official reviewer and wrote that shit. In my opinion, Ghost was the worst fucking CoD out there. Not a second did I feel like a Ghost member on did the game give the Ghosts a sense of the reputation they were credited in the introduction movie. That game was bland shit. AW was a good change of pace and personally I have nl fucking clue what you mean with the enemy placement/spotting complaint. Dunno, maybe you need a stronger pair of glasses?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
70. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 30, 2014, 18:58 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:29:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:11:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:05:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:04:
My backlog is, so far, winning the battle this year. Usually I buy stuff even though my backlog is ridiculously long. This year seems to be different for some reason. I have less time to play than in previous years, so that is probably part of it. I have some really well reviewed games in my backlog, which is probably a bigger part. I haven't played Dishonored yet, for example.

I don't have time to play games anymore... It's actually starting to affect my mood...

seems to me you are living your life for pretty much anyone, except yourself and if you notice it affects your mood you should act. You don't need to do anything drastic, but 1 hour a day for your hobby/hobbies is the minimum. Take that time and MAKE that time. A hobby you enjoy will help you counter stress.

Thanks for your concern :p I'm fine, don't worry Sorry for hijacking the thread.

As long as it's true.. any anyway it's not really my .. right to tell you how to live your life. But yeah.. when I read that kind of stuff I worry even if I don't know any of you guys... make time in life for your own needs. You only have that 1 life to make yourself happy.

Couldn't agree more. I didn't have/make time for gaming and it took me a while to realize it was the reason I suddenly got aggitated way too easily, even if not mostly by my wife. It was heavily affecting my mood and thus my relationship. I had a good night of booze with my wife, we talked, and I explained her that she married a gamer and that she knew it, and that she had to respect it even if it sounded so silly to her that I NEED to game to get stress off my shoulders.

Gaming an hour -- sometimes 2 -- every night before dinner now. Things are Hollywood perfect now.

Personnal stuff, sorry! But with that experience I just had to chime in on what Eraser was saying. MAKE time for your hobby or it will mindfuck you until you do.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
24. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 27, 2014, 12:46 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 11:09:
Quinn wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 05:06:
The objective fact I'm talking about is that this game is using mostly the same stuff from FC3, even the same boring loot system and all the other stuff I mentioned below. I'm not claiming the game is objectively crap or anything. Not everything is up for debate by default. Look at the detection meter as the easiest example of the objective fact I'm talking about.

Hell, I loved FC3 but I bled it dry so all I have is a heavy sigh when I play the same (albeit good) stuff again. That others love it, is understandable. Just give credit where credit is due, I argue. Again: FC3 -> FC4. DA2 -> DA:I. Case closed, no?

You mocked people really enjoying the game. Sounded like objective crap.

Every single person knows it's basically the same game. You act like people are debating that. I even said no one is in my post and you're still bringing up examples.

No one is arguing it isn't the same game. People are just saying it still deserves praise. If FC3 was a more fun game than DA:I then FC4 is, too. And if someone liked FC3 more than DA:I, of course they are calling FC4 the most entertaining game of the year.
Because that's a subjective argument that doesn't matter if it's objectively the same engine loaded with slightly different content.

I completely agree. I'm not debating that. What I'm getting at -- it may have been unclear indeed -- is that because of said objective fact, we can claim without any doubt that there's been put A LOT (!!!) LESS effort in this standalone game than most other "AAA" games with the same pricetag. I don't want this to become a thing in the industry, but it may be too late. Any producer need only look at what Ubisoft is achieving with its copy-paste attitude which somehow doesn't even tire the PC community, and realize that from a business point of view... developing stuff like Dragon Age Inquisition or The Witcher just doesn't make any sense. That's why I am "angry" at a game and the enthousiasm about the game even though its a fun game indeed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 27, 2014, 05:06 Quinn

The objective fact I'm talking about is that this game is using mostly the same stuff from FC3, even the same boring loot system and all the other stuff I mentioned below. I'm not claiming the game is objectively crap or anything. Not everything is up for debate by default. Look at the detection meter as the easiest example of the objective fact I'm talking about.

Hell, I loved FC3 but I bled it dry so all I have is a heavy sigh when I play the same (albeit good) stuff again. That others love it, is understandable. Just give credit where credit is due, I argue. Again: FC3 -> FC4. DA2 -> DA:I. Case closed, no?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 26, 2014, 20:54 Quinn

Slick wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 23:39:
i liked this game better when it was called FarCry 3

Finally, someone who sees reason while others call it the fucking Game of the YEAR! Compare Far Cry 4 with Far Cry 3. Now compare Dragon Age: Inquisition with Dragon Age II. Maybe now you see where I'm standing.

It's the same shit as Far Cry 3. Same engine, same gameplay, same models, same animations, same detection meter. Same game. Just a new map, story, weapons, animals and a roflolcopter that obviously blinds people from some objective fact here.

Again: Think Far Cry 3. Think Far Cry 4. Think DA2. Think DA:I.

GOTY. *scoffs* You people singlehandedly proof games like DA:I and (presumably) The Witcher 3 just aren't worth the effort.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
5. Re: Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 26, 2014, 20:39 Quinn

nin wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:59:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 19:56:
Wow. Credit where it's due. "Hey we fucked up, and we're sorry. Here's a bunch of free shit, including one from a few of our newest, premier titles."

I suspect they're trying to avoid the EA route of getting a class action lawsuit (BF4 last fall). Not that the lawsuit hurt them, but it did get their shareholders attention.

You can bet they're not giving away AAA $60 titles out of the kindness of their hearts.

Pff, they're laughing on their way to the bank with Far Cry 4. Reused all the same shit from FC3. Even the goddamned detection thing. If all you have to do is let the design team go wild and send the programmers home and call this glorified expansion a AAA $60 title with the critics somehow backing you up, you'll laugh like a fucking maniac. "Here's FC4, now please don't be angry we somehow fucked up our other glorified expansion HAHAHAHA!"

*starts up an actual new game, called Dragon Age: Inquisition -- same price as said glorified expansions, btw.*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
122. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 07:56 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 07:16:
Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 04:11:
They started the development of this game as a multiplayer game. Later in the process they changed their minds. Sadly, this is obvious if you look at right about every sidequest out there.

I wish it was less open world for some reason.

This is disingenuous and taken out of context, they started the overall design map as a multiplayer game but it changed long before they ever got to production to a singleplayer game. This is obvious if you have played the game for any length of time instead of just reading about it online.

I have two days off to play this gane 24/7. This is my second day. Those requisition quests and, as I said earlier, many if not most sidequests so far could've literally been plucked out of any MMORPG out there. Whether or not it's because this project startsd off as a multiplayer game or not doesn't change that observation.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
120. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 04:11 Quinn

They started the development of this game as a multiplayer game. Later in the process they changed their minds. Sadly, this is obvious if you look at right about every sidequest out there.

I wish it was less open world for some reason.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
76. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 20, 2014, 03:57 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 07:23:
Quinn wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 06:17:
Thanks to pirating I didn't waste 45 dollars of HARD-SWEATY-HOURS-OF-GODDAMN-WORK earned money. It's not as black and white as most of you moralknights out here think it is, matter of fact. This game is getting 4,5s out of 5s; 9s out of 10s! The media is painting the picture that FC4 is the best fucking thing that has happened in a long time! If I didn't pirate this game for DEMO PUPROSES ONLY I wouldn't have known that FC4 is the exact same thing as FC3 with a few extra shit like elephants and flying scooters. And oh boy, I mean the exact same thing. It's a glorified expansion, yet you pay the full price for it.

I can't wait to see what the media gives The Witcher 3 when it comes out and it will be remotely as awesome as it seems to become. An 8 out of 5? A 23 out of a 10?

Yes. I pirated FC4, tried it for an hour, yawned and deleted it from my computer. No harm done to myself, which I find more important than the few dollars Ubisoft misses out on because I didn't buy the game under the false pretense that it would actually feel like a standalone game.

You're not entitled to a demo of every product just because you want one. If the company wants to give you a demo, they will provide one. 'its a glorified expansion!' so why would you fucking pirate it then if its so worthless. Have an iota of fucking willpower and ignore their game if they don't do things like give you a demo, let reviewers talk about the game and take care of their products. It's like an even more pathetic version of a drug addict, constantly bitching about his dealer but always looking for the next hit.

It's not the first time that you reply to someone while it seems you haven't even read the person's entire post. For example, I only know it's a glorified expansion BECAUSE I TRIED IT! I truly hope you can now see what an idiot response "if you know it's a glorified expansion why pirate it?" was.

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 11:21:

But a pirate has no patience or money, so to be legit, if it sucks it proves piracy was right. But I get the same thing waiting a bit and reading up and not pirating at all. I think you are wrong for pirating and I think companies are wrong for taking too many precautions for pirating.

Correct. I'm not known for my patience, and while I certainly live a comfortable life... sadly it's not THAT comfortable that I can flush 45 dollars down the toilet and not give a shit. So truly -- truly truly truly! -- I really don't give a damn if you guys grow a frown by my pirating. If it was for the media, I would have wasted 45 dollars. Either that, or I would never have been sure and hadn't bought the game anyway.

Due to piracy I saw and felt first-hand that Ubisoft mostly just created a new map and called it FC4. Imagine we would all blindly buy it because, hey! the media says it's perfect! Next thing we gamers will see is an era of Assassin Creeds and Far Crys. No thank you, because I'm damn certain that it's not piracy that will kill gaming for me. That shit will.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 04:08.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1365 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo