Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 934 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
33. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 5, 2014, 13:51 Quinn

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 13:05:
Quinn wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:49:
Couldn't have said it better than the comment below. I'm right before the last chapter now and only now I know the city like the back of my hand. Before that, it was horror.
Often play games where you instantly know the map?

Not sure about you but when playing a game I don't actually know a map until having played it. Remembering more bits of it as I go along...

Smart-ass comments ftw!

Have you played THIEF? I don't know about you but its map is so utterly crap that I learned to rely on my own mindmap, if you will, instead of that utterly useless crap. And that's quite the feat, actually, because of the ridiculous maze that it is.

PS: I realize I've been bitching allot about this game lately. That's because the game can be that much frustrating at points. Let me grant the game that it's art is magnificent. The City, it's a real place, man. It's beautiful in its own special way. More often than not I've just looked around in awe, silently nodding my utmost respect and appreciation to the people who created it. If all those loading moments were gone, more people roamed the streets and if the homes you enter had people in it... It'd be perfect. Sadly, consoles couldn't handle that.

What I also realized last night, is that nostalgia is a limiting thing. Give the old Thief these graphics, and we basically have THIEF. Yes, the level design of the new THIEF is just as good. During every mission I play I'm simply intimidated by the amount of paths to take and amazed by how many layers every mission has. What I'm saying is that I think it's nostalgia that makes many of us believe the older Thiefs were that much better in every way. They weren't. They were shockingly similar. Obviously that just isn't enough anymore.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2014, 14:09.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 5, 2014, 12:49 Quinn

Couldn't have said it better than the comment below. I'm right before the last chapter now and only now I know the city like the back of my hand. Before that, it was horror.

Also, if you follow the quests from that automatom questgiver, know that you won't get rewarded for it. At all. No talking automaton praising the Builder or the Keeper. Nothing. Just a "thank you" from that tard. Gah.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
81. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 11:48 Quinn

I have this irrational urge to reinstall D3 and start from scratch again. Played the game the first 2 weeks after release and from what I've heard, it has had some maaajor improvements since then. It even got an extra free chapter didn't it? Moet importantly, the abysmal loot system got redone. Man did the loot ooze "computer generated" all over it!

Let's be fair, the gameplay and graphics were sweet. It's what's pulling me toward starting it up again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 5, 2014, 05:01 Quinn

In THIEF, the thing I hate most is the City Hub. The constant running back and forth -- oh shit, I'm out of rope arrows! -- and for what?! To get the achievement of having collected all the loot in the city? Fuck that. If anyone still has to start playing this game: Do NOT turn "Expensive Resources" on in the custom difficulty mods. I waste a 600 gold (450 gold if you buy a trinket thing) rope arrow to get into a window. You know what's behind that window? A goblet and a golden pen, worth 35 gold total.
It's fucking retarded.
I enabled the mod because I wanted a motivation to steal stuff. But luckily, later in the game the vendors sell trinkets worth 28000 gold. That's literally impossible to get when you have to spend 450 gold per Rope Arrow, sadly. Fyi, I almost always get the "all loot found" per mission, and never lower than 95% found, so that's not it.

Also, as I kinda expected, know that disabling Focus or Focus regen consumptions kinda removes a big chunk of content from the game. There's a levelup Focus system. You can find Focus points in secret areas -- VERY scarse! -- or you can buy them by donating money to the Queen of Beggars. Again, you can't afford both Focuspoints and Rope Arrows with that Expensive Resources mod. What I'm trying to say is..... the difficulty mods knock the game off-balance and it indeed feels like you're playing a game that's... well, improperly balanced. Gah. I know I would've enjoyed the game more if I'd just played Master difficulty without them fucking mods tinkered with.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2 Released
6. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2 Released Mar 5, 2014, 04:47 Quinn

This was a good episode! Much more satisfying than the previous ep. It didn't feel as ridiculously short as the previous either.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
28. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 4, 2014, 10:14 Quinn

Frijoles wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 22:06:
Task wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 20:26:
I'm really confused. Both are two different games. Dishonored is magical and teleporting, taking over people's minds, etc. And Thief is pure sneak (I'm talking the originals) like you are just a regular Human in a fantasy world.

I played Dishonored in a way similar to Thief. I was sneaking everywhere, trying not to kill, and using the teleport a lot. Thief has the "press space to dash across the shadow", which feels a little like the teleport. The environment also feels very similar to me.

Nonetheless, Thief ain't Dishonored. Dishonored held my attention far longer. But they do feel similar.

Like I said before, I think comparing Dishonored with Thief is comparing Spider Man with Batman. Also, I hate Dishonored and like Thief very much -- although I'm starting to think my Dishonored hate isn't gameplay related but atmosphere related (fuck me was that game devoid character).

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
83. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2014, 09:35 Quinn

Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 08:25:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 22:00:
Wow....lots going on in here....99% not about the games listed...hahahahah

/65 tards on my tard list. Lots of them banned over the years (used the script until the update, then added all of those people), lots of them no longer around, but some are still very active. oh well. My life is busy, I don't have time for some of the garbage/attitudes - they get blocked.

//17 messages in this thread are blocked - and I have no doubt I am blocked by several.....

People disagree with xXBatmanXx or don't care for his whining so they become 'tards' (classy, btw) and go on his ban list.

How do you deal with conflict IRL, cupcake?

Now that we know he's got that many people in his "tard list", I'm sure he's antagonized himself to anyone who read it.

Btw, a reply to an earlier comment about rope arrows: Nope you can't buy them for 8 gold at the Siren's Inn or whatever it's called. You can sell them for 8 gold, though.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

79. Re: Stick of truth US key Mar 4, 2014, 03:16 Quinn

Flo wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 02:51:
Hi guys,
bit of an emergency. Can anyone get me a US steam key for stick of truth? The german version is censored. I will gladly pay(pal) upfront to a trusted bluesnews veteran.
Will sending a key even work this way?

Flo, check www.kinguin.net.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

54. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 10:47 Quinn

nin wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 09:00:
harlock wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 01:55:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 23:12:
nin wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 20:38:
It's what he'd do!

Sure, if you ignore the fact that I bought the game. I have to assume you have me on your block filter or something, otherwise you wouldn't be spewing the same drivel you were spewing five years ago.

of course he does.. hes a chickenshit that cant handle anyone challenging him, so he just talks a bunch of shit and then hides behind the ignore function

childish and pitiful

Not you. I'm eagerly awaiting you fucking up again. And you will. It's only a matter of time.

Blockfilters are basically for people who are so goddamn childish, they cannot let go of grudges and/or people who are so intolerant they can't stand different points of view and the way they are expressed. I remember receiving an e-mail from a certain famous boy on this forums, apologizing for blocking me because he read my comments in quotes of others and realized they (more often that not) make sense. No shit.

Be more adventurous, silly blockers. I haven't blocked anyone ever and I can't name a single person on this board who's constantly annoying or moronic or who deserves to be permanently ignored. It's disrespectful and.. well, stupid.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 07:15 Quinn

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 06:06:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 01:30:
You can manually drop from ledges and you can take fall damage. The problem is that the game isn't consistent with how these things work. Sometimes you can just walk off a ledge, other times you have to press X. Same with jumps. Sometimes you'll automatically jump when running towards a ledge, other times you'll just fall off. In AC, these things were consistent. If you ran towards a ledge, you would always jump off, even if there was nothing to jump to. And if you weren't running, you would always stop when reaching a ledge. Consistency is key. It doesn't matter if it's first-person or third-person.
True it could be more consistent especially with the running and jumping, that's a bit annoying that one. But the falling I don't really have an issue with as you can tell straight away if you need to press x or not. Calling AC consistent is funny, he doesn't always do things consistently at all - grabbing on to all sorts of things instead of what you intended, "What are you doing" is something I often shout at the monitor Never had that problem with Thief, just "ugh, cant run and jump to that one..."

Point is that I sometimes want to lurk over the edge, which you can do when you have to press X to drop down. There were times where my intention was to lurk, but Garrett decided to walk right off the edge, more often than not dropping dead or alerting guards. That shit is alt-F4 material.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 17:08 Quinn

I'll copy-paste an earlier little review I wrote if that's ok. I wrote it in a thread that was already on page 2 when I did so most probably missed it.

Let me add to the review below, however, that now that I'm about 20 hours and only in chapter 5 I've realized Thief's biggest flaw: the city hub between missions. It's TEDIOUS. The hub is cut into sections, and it's not really clear which windows pull you into a loading screen to a next section or not. Despite the beautiful looks and atmosphere, the city hub is pretty dead. That said, the game's strength is in the actual missions, which are very well done and just feel very true to the franchise.

------

Eight hours in. My thoughts:

First of all, it's a good game and I can't wait to get back in it after work. Now that that's of my chest, I'll start with my first gripes:

1. No manual jumping is retarded. I often feel like a guy in a wheelchair. Also, I sometimes think I can make a jump.. ends up garrett isn't even trying so he runs right of a roof and into death. Iron Man difficulty is only for the mentally challenged. Yes, you're a complete moron if you choose that difficulty.
2. I have all my tools bought early into the game even with Expensive Resources on as a difficulty mod. Now my only motivation left to steal is for Rope Arrows (600 gold a piece! You make about 1200 gold a mission! Fuck me!) and achievements.
3. The houses you enter in the city hub are completely VACANT of life! This is maybe the worst part of the game. Once I realized the constant, I ended up running around inside homes plundering them like I had go catch a train. This is immersion breaking, not fun, and it completely destroys the will to explore the city hub.

Possitive parts:

1. Stealth. It works. It's hard on Master Difficulty because once you're in sight only a quick reflex swoop can keep you from being detected and even then it remains difficult. When your darkness gem is at its darkest, enemies still spot you unless they're at least 10 meters away. Good stuff!
2. Pickpocketing and lockpicking is fun. Looting is fun. For now, even just looting for a good end-mission stat is just fun. Most importantly: finding collectables gives you a fiendish glitter in the eye.
3. Graphics, man! They are good! The atmosphere is just epic and so tre to the former Thief games! I'm a Dishonored hater but if that game had this personality (instead of none) my opinion would make a 180.
4. Level design. I'm intimidated by all the different paths in every section of a mission. I keep backtracking and taking new roots to make sure I didn't miss any loot and collectables.

Overall, the game is good and the negative reviews piss me off. The dev don't deserve this bad press from bitter old men. Not just because the game is objectively good in many of its ways, but because it kept surprisingly true to its predecessors! When I walk The City, old memories pop up from a frenchise I thought had nothing to do with this reboot.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Next Month
13. Re: Age of Wonders III Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 20:29 Quinn

Don't know why exactly but I've always ignored AOW.

I'm a HUGE fan of Heroes of Might & Magic though. Can anyone tell me if the two have "enough" in common for me to probably like this AOW as well?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
137. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 28, 2014, 10:49 Quinn

Eight hours in. My thoughts:

First of all, it's a good game and I can't wait to get back in it after work. Now that that's of my chest, I'll start with my first gripes:

1. No manual jumping is retarded. I often feel like a guy in a wheelchair. Also, I sometimes think I can make a jump.. ends up garrett isn't even trying so he runs right of a roof and into death. Iron Man difficulty is only for the mentally challenged. Yes, you're a complete moron if you choose that difficulty.
2. I have all my tools bought early into the game even with Expensive Resources on as a difficulty mod. Now my only motivation left to steal is for Rope Arrows (600 gold a piece! You make about 1200 gold a mission! Fuck me!) and achievements.
3. The houses you enter in the city hub are completely VACANT of life! This is maybe the worst part of the game. Once I realized the constant, I ended up running around inside homes plundering them like I had go catch a train. This is immersion breaking, not fun, and it completely destroys the will to explore the city hub.

Possitive parts:

1. Stealth. It works. It's hard on Master Difficulty because once you're in sight only a quick reflex swoop can keep you from being detected and even then it remains difficult. When your darkness gem is at its darkest, enemies still spot you unless they're at least 10 meters away. Good stuff!
2. Pickpocketing and lockpicking is fun. Looting is fun. For now, even just looting for a good end-mission stat is just fun. Most importantly: finding collectables gives you a fiendish glitter in the eye.
3. Graphics, man! They are good! The atmosphere is just epic and so tre to the former Thief games! I'm a Dishonored hater but if that game had this personality (instead of none) my opinion would make a 180.
4. Level design. I'm intimidated by all the different paths in every section of a mission. I keep backtracking and taking new roots to make sure I didn't miss any loot and collectables.

Overall, the game is good and the negative reviews piss me off. The dev don't deserve this bad press from bitter old men. Not just because the game is objectively good in many of its ways, but because it kept surprisingly true to its predecessors! When I walk The City, old memories pop up from a frenchise I thought had nothing to do with this reboot.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Deadfall Adventures Free Weekend
4. Re: Deadfall Adventures Free Weekend Feb 28, 2014, 01:34 Quinn

MajorD wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 22:37:
Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 21:11:
Yeah I love all the old adventure pulps and serials so this sort of thing is right up my alley...except that all the reviews say it's pretty bad. I have too much on my plate atm anyway so I'll bite when it's bargain bin - probably the Xmas sale.

I just put a couple hours into it; it's not too bad I must say. Not great, but entertaining. Indiana Jones-ish, with decent balance of puzzles, combat, exploration, etc. Character textures and animation is decent, level designs/environments are pretty cool, it plays very smooth. MUCH more optimized than Thief (4), which is an F'ing PIG in that department.

IMHO, it is worth downloading and playing during the 2 day 'Free Weekend'.

You keep sayig that about Thief. Maybe you're forgetting that Thief actually looks pretty gorgeous? Just saying. Also, the game runs as smooth as butter on my 2 year old rig so maybe it's on your end.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
29. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 27, 2014, 18:10 Quinn

Once I've finished THIEF I'll install D3 again to see what all the new excitement is about. Always loved the graphics and gameplay but the game was boring and too ridiculously short. Worst of all, the randomly computer generated loot. I hear that's changed. Good.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > ESO Beta Expanding
20. Re: ESO Beta Expanding Feb 27, 2014, 03:19 Quinn

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 06:38:
Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 01:40:
So far the combat just isn't fun. At all. Lack of feedback and sense of impact. So typical of a MMO combat gone bad. Either look at WoW for a good example or Tera. Both have an entirely different combat system, but both are fun and solid.

Which is why they added both feedback and NPC collisions in the latest (PTS) build. I know a lot of people love to hate on this game and that there are plenty of legitimate gripes, but the development team has worked around the clock to implement solutions and I've been very impressed with that. Unfortunately, this beta test won't have those changes in place, but I hear combat is much improved with them.

I don't hate on this game. In fact, I try really hard to love it. The first beta I loved and I almost missed my Khajiit when the beta was over. Somehow... when I played my second beta experience, I was bored and done with it 10 minutes in. I'm still trying to find out if this was because there's no real motivation to progress -- knowing the beta ends 3 days later! -- or because all those New Quest markers in new villages/cities are just a chore. Also, in this game more than others I wanna avoid villages/cities like the plague.. just like in other ES games. To me ES' strength is in exploring the wild

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 18:51 Quinn

Love Thief so far! Hate Dishonored. Hated in since within half an hour into it. I don't find the two games comparable either. Dishonored is to Thief what Spiderman is to Batman Arkham [X].

I wouldn't be surprised if Thief will be generally more liked in Europe than in the USA. It's all less flashy and with a more realistic colour palette, like Gothic, The Witcher and Metro. There's also no godmode teleport ability. Of course there's Focus, but the game is actually standing solid on its own with the ability completely disabled. Also, yes you can get past the guard in the first mission without lunging at him from above: The X key makes you subtly drop down from edges and you shouldn't always use [space] for that.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

134. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 11:31 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:16:
Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 07:33:
Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 01:25:
Seems that people either hate it or are really enjoying it. I'm a sad European. Can't wait for the moment I can draw m own verdict.
Can't you login to Steam via VPN and get it unlocked?

I'm a PC gamer that can tinker a bit.. but no idea how this VPN trick works and I'm afraid that if I try it something happens with my connection.. and without internet, one cannot breathe.
It is not that complicated. However I am not sure how well Steam handles this sort of thing.
All it does is redirects your IP so Steam thinks you are in the US so the game gets unlocked, then you reset the IP to your homeland again and can play the game.
I use a VPN for Netflix so I can access US movies as the CDN Netflix sucks balls to say the least.

Edit: I forgot most paid VPN services offer a free trial and a very detailed explanation on their website with step by step instructions on how to set everything up.
My only worry is will Steam find this legal or will they flag your account. You may want to do some research on it.
I know a lot of people are doing this to unlock games early.

Thanks for the advice, but I'll stick to what I'm more comfortable with. In a few minutes I can play this game for free until it's released. I'll start over when it is.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

130. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 10:13 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 07:33:
Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 01:25:
Seems that people either hate it or are really enjoying it. I'm a sad European. Can't wait for the moment I can draw m own verdict.
Can't you login to Steam via VPN and get it unlocked?

I'm a PC gamer that can tinker a bit.. but no idea how this VPN trick works and I'm afraid that if I try it something happens with my connection.. and without internet, one cannot breathe.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > ESO Beta Expanding
16. Re: ESO Beta Expanding Feb 26, 2014, 01:40 Quinn

So far the combat just isn't fun. At all. Lack of feedback and sense of impact. So typical of a MMO combat gone bad. Either look at WoW for a good example or Tera. Both have an entirely different combat system, but both are fun and solid.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

934 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo