Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1291 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
54. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 10, 2014, 14:26 Quinn

- the three arrogant, self-righteous assholes said. ;-)  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 10, 2014, 08:08 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 00:59:
Redmask wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 17:32:
LOL, point is Origin/UPlay aren't meant for all games like steam, it does't need a big social thing, you got a dozen other avenues. Right you don't give a shit, but I'm not anti business

That's funny because they make a token effort at implementing all of those features. I just want them to do a better job of it. I'm not anti business either but we're talking about gaming clients, not the stock market. If you care that much then go buy shares in EA, I give a shit about what affects me as a customer.

Someone should really tell this guy that removing me from his blacklist would prevent him from looking silly by posting the same shit I've said a few comments ealier. It happens so often I find it worth it to hereby stain my pride.

You seem to be saying this a lot with different people, maybe you should do some rumination on why people keep putting you on ignore instead of internet stalking them. If a bunch of people stuck me on ignore I would probably think about what I was doing to piss everyone off and contemplate some changes. In case that was too subtle its not them, its you. I've never seen you accept responsibility for anything so I have probably wasted my time typing this.

Bad Quoting, didn't say the last part, I don't use ignore, anywhere.

Redmask wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 07:07:
You were quoted at the top, someone else was quoted at the bottom. There was nothing bad about it, I just didn't feel like making two separate replies.

It really is bad quoting. People who don't read the entire thread would think HorrorScope said the buttom quote as well.

As for your reply to me: I don't say it a lot with different people, just Creston, and that's if you consider a second mention "a lot". The reason I bring it up with him is because he does often say the almost exact same stuff I say. Kind of ironic, considering he doesn't read my comment because they are "always full of shit" ;-)

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
23. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 11:52 Quinn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 11:48:
HoSpanky wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 11:25:
Jesus, do you guys even read the post before going into elitist asshole mode? The aspect ratio is intentionally there, as they put things in the black bars. The framerate is unlockable but unsupported, as is the aspect ratio.
We can read just fine, thanks. We're talking about a game that deliberately avoids using a significant portion of the screen - on it's own that's a bad design decision but combined with a 30fps framerate cap it's unacceptable. Clearly it is being done for performance reasons rather than for aesthetics.

Basically, in order to get that level of visual fidelity on consoles they had to make substantial cuts and they couldn't be bothered doing things properly on PC.

If you cant be bothered to use console commands, turn in your pc elitist badge because you just want a console without console restrictions.
Fuck you. We're perfectly willing to use console commands. The issue is that basic features have been removed and are ONLY accessible through the console, which is NOT acceptable. Utilising the full resolution and refresh rate of your monitor should not be an unsupported feature.

30 fps is surprisingly fine, IF the game is properly built around it.
No. Just, no. I suppose you can't tell the difference between 720p or 1080p either, right? Go back to playing your X360 and leave PC gaming for the adults.

QFT and a FU to HoSpanky. *pouting face*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

43. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 11:35 Quinn

Quinn wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 08:15:
I looked the Keep up on my smartphone. Don't worry about remembering your choices or not. Every choice presented to you in the keep will have a description to help you with remembering the context of the situation. I'm fairly certain I'll be able to recreate my World State in this way.

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 11:02:
From the stuff I've ready about it, it's going to be pretty interactive, so it won't just be a list of "Did you pick A or B when Alistair wanted to bang his sister?"

Someone should really tell this guy that removing me from his blacklist would prevent him from looking silly by posting the same shit I've said a few comments ealier. It happens so often I find it worth it to hereby stain my pride.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
16. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 10:47 Quinn

EPIC FAIL!

I feel sad for those who pre-ordered this game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

39. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 09:32 Quinn

Verno wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 09:30:
Quboid wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 09:25:
I've never played this before so I don't own any of the DLC anywhere - and they all cost me Bioware Points. Return to Ostagar costs 400 points, which in turn costs 3.00.

Hmm ok, it must just be linking my Origin/Bioware accounts then, sorry!

The Ultimate Edition goes on sale on Steam very often for like $5-10, I would just get that. Make sure you recruit Shale by the way!

Expansion "The Awakening" is SO WORTH IT btw!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 08:15 Quinn

1badmf wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 06:44:
Quinn wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 05:45:
@ work and handicapped to look stuff up (miracle this site isn't blocked). Anyway, will DA3 have a certain introduction for those who no longer have their savegames.. so that they can still have the universe built from the choices they (would have) made in the earlier games?

I won't have time to replay DA1 and 2 before 3's release, it's why I ask

yes it's an online program called dragon age keep and it's in beta right now, slated to be released before DA:I. you can sign up for it, but i doubt you'd get in. save game transfers was wonky as fuck anyway. i just hope i can remember everything i did in 1 and 2.

Perfect! Thanks!

I looked the Keep up on my smartphone. Don't worry about remembering your choices or not. Every choice presented to you in the keep will have a description to help you with remembering the context of the situation. I'm fairly certain I'll be able to recreate my World State in this way.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

29. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 05:45 Quinn

@ work and handicapped to look stuff up (miracle this site isn't blocked). Anyway, will DA3 have a certain introduction for those who no longer have their savegames.. so that they can still have the universe built from the choices they (would have) made in the earlier games?

I won't have time to replay DA1 and 2 before 3's release, it's why I ask

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
59. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 15:20 Quinn

harlock wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:48:
Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:58:
I'm stunned that the nemesis system so blinds people to the shallowness this game is; how little it really has to offer.

sounds like what you're really stunned about is how someone else could ever have an opinion that differs from your own... which is usually caused by the "world revolving around you" issue, so that should explain everything for ya

Meh, you guys are kinda right. Somehow it's indeed hard to understand opinions so vastly different than your own. I'mmmmm letting it go.

Game still kinda sucks.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

56. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 13:34 Quinn

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:55:
I think the wonderful violence of the game keeps the combat fun for me. I don't need a "shiny" after I win, the reward is all the creative and bloody ways you bring them to an end. I'll never get tired of the one move where you make the enemy fall onto your sword. Or exploding grog and watching them run away while on fire.

Some people need a deep inventory system, others just like to watch the world burn.

Hmm the comparisson to Diablo simplified the argument I see. Killing shit over and over again is awesome in its own right, that's not the problem. The problem is that the game hasn't anything worth mentioning besides the killing. No real... I wanna say context. "The nemesis system!" Ok maybe, though for some there's nothing "nemesis" to it. If you don't get killed by Uruks, the feature is shallow as a puddle.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 10:58 Quinn

UHD wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:37:
Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 08:50:
There's really not a lot of fluff in between. It's basically just... killing Uruks and collecting meaningless shite.

I truly think a lot of enthousiasts today will look at this game in retrospect later and think "Blegh, it actually sucked.". I have enough respect for the PC gamer to believe this.

You're basically describing Diablo, though, so maybe not? Killing X things for Y shinies is addicting to some people.

Big difference is, beyond the obvious, that Diablo rewards the player for all the killing. This is what makes it addicting. SoM doesn't reward you beyond XP and some abilities that make the easy game even more easy. There's no gear drops, no "shinies" to speak of. "There's runes!"
Haha! Yeah.

Also, Diablo has dozens of different enemies. SoM has... well, Uruks, Ghuls, Caragors, Trolls. That's it. I'm stunned that the nemesis system so blinds people to the shallowness this game is; how little it really has to offer.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

39. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 08:50 Quinn

Xero wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 07:59:
After watching a good 20 minutes or so from an hour long gameplay w/commentary video that IGN had posted, I was able to see this myself rather quickly. It looked highly repetitive of go here, kill him, choose a new target, go kill him, etc. I know there is a lot of fluff in between but that's the idea.

There's really not a lot of fluff in between. It's basically just... killing Uruks and collecting meaningless shite.

I truly think a lot of enthousiasts today will look at this game in retrospect later and think "Blegh, it actually sucked.". I have enough respect for the PC gamer to believe this.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 04:42 Quinn

Hmm, not surprised and understandable. If you give your game away before its release, it's your rockhard right to make sure a bitter little fucker won't cause your game to lose thousands of potential customers.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2014, 04:47.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
43. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 8, 2014, 03:14 Quinn

Two hours in. Love the fact that I haven't run into the Alien yet, and I'm not being sarcastic. Taking it slow in the beginning is the way to go in any horror format -- be it a game or a movie.

I was shocked by 2 things:

1. Ripley's body (the arm and hand you see during all interactions) looks plucked straight from a 2005 game so much detail it lacks;

2. Human AI is nasty bad. There was absolutely no way to sneak past the second encounter with 3 humans. I had to sneak up to a guy and bash his head in, making me feel like the bad guy. Had to do it because on hard, their line of sight is way too unforgiving. They saw me on the other side of the big room while I was crawled up in a dark corner. The funniest part was that I was hoping for the Alien to pop in so it would dispatch of the annoying fuckers.

I also found it very very silly how the game was building up the tension perfectly at the start of the game, and then.. when it was at its apex and I was sure I was going to meet the alien soon, a cutscene popped up and I joined up with some crazy companion NPC. Way to destroy the tension that had built up with beautiful effort.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 16:05 Quinn

Bought the game. What do you guys recommend? To first play Crew Expendable or first play the campaign?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 03:55 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 02:42:
Quinn wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 02:30:
Bored with Mordor. Not even finished it yet but I just know not one quest will offer me anything else than what I've been doing since the first second I played the game -- killing Uruks. I want Alien. But buying 2 games so soon in a row is something I've never done before. Plus I think full price is too much for a survival horror that, to me, has no replay value, especially because I usually finish them in two sits.

Dilemmas.

Same here. Bored with Mordor. I like the concept of horror games, but few have really been done well. Im afraid of picking up Alien, Im afraid Ill get bored with it within a couple of hours of playing it once the game's 'mechanics' start grating on me.

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 03:21:
If it's anything like dead space then I'll buy it. I don't mind only having a single playthrough. If scripting is how the developers squeezed maximum horror out of it so be it.

I agree with that too, Dmitri_M. If everything is properly scripted (properly as in it doesn't feel scripted) then InBlack's fear most likely won't come to pass before the game's ending. The game does need a good dynamic system too. For example, once you're in a sequence where the Alien is roaming around, he can pop up anywhere and you'd be dead meat if you don't make proper use of your motion radar.

So, scripted stuff for the heartattacks and a dynamic system for the constant uncomfortable tension knowing that nowhere is really safe. Yes. If anyone can confirm these are the building blocks of the game, I'll buy it today.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 02:30 Quinn

Bored with Mordor. Not even finished it yet but I just know not one quest will offer me anything else than what I've been doing since the first second I played the game -- killing Uruks. I want Alien. But buying 2 games so soon in a row is something I've never done before. Plus I think full price is too much for a survival horror that, to me, has no replay value, especially because I usually finish them in two sits.

Dilemmas.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
32. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 16:09 Quinn

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 16:03:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 03:50:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:08:
I knew this game was going to suck. They should have made it more of a survival co-op game and less single-player crappy save point console game. Why do game designers insist on releasing games like this that no one wants? I mean, how many games do you have to see fail before you go in a different direction?

What are you talking about? Tons of people wanted to see a single-player survival horror game set in the Alien universe. As for the save system, that's a design choice, not a console limitation. There are plenty of console games with quicksave. Isolation is a survival horror game. It relies on tension. Quicksave destroys tension because it removes any sense of risk or consequence. If you're making a survival horror game and you have quick save, you've already failed.

Did you even read the reviews? Trying to get through a single checkpoint 20 odd times isn't exactly a high tension survival game, it's just frustrating the player. But if that's the kind of game you're defending, then be my guest... go buy it, and have fun getting frustrated. lol

When you're 22 years old and look at this post from 10 years ago, you'll have the mother of all facepalms.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
68. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 14:10 Quinn

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 14:04:
And don't sweat dying, it makes the game more fun. The next time you meet that bastard he'll mock you for it and it'll make killing him all the sweeter. He gets stronger for killing you, you get better rewards for killing him as he gets stronger.

This is the flaw for any gamer who finds this game too easy. First, those gamers hardly ever die. Secondly, those gamers don't give a shit about Runes because the game simply shouldn't get any easier. :\

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
62. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 13:17 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 12:28:
Weapon masters are immune to the "finisher" that automatically completes a flurry. This is why you have to break off your flurry prematurely and start over again. Basically you're stunlocking the warchief until he drops dead.

By "finisher," I meant the finisher where you press F and stab the dude with your sword, not the automatic head explosion.

Weapon masters are immune to any sort of finisher. The F one included.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1291 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo