Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1068 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
47. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 3, 2014, 05:39 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 03:42:
Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 11:26:
You lost the first fight? The first first!? What's your difficulty setting?

I have no idea. Yes I lost it because for the first few turns I mostly misclicked my way around those damn skeletons or whatever they are. Damn interface is really balls. I will say that apart from the control quirks and interface the game is superawesome so far. Made it into the city but decided I will reroll my chars.

Is there any way to change the order of action during my turn, or is it strictly the turn belongs to whatever character is currently on initiative, ala D&D style?

Also is there any way to heal other than potions? I havent figured out a way to wait, or sleep in this game...

Yup it's the initiative thing. A rogue character in your group will most likely be the first to start, for example.

It's a good choice, I think, to have one companion that can heal with either the Men-at-Arms skill or Hydro-something. I have a Cleric with me that can do a big instant heal (Men-at-Arms) and also a heal-over-time (Hydro-something). Apart from those two skills, he can also charge into battle and knock the shit out of enemies. I don't think there's an option to rest or sleep, so.. yeah, have a companion with you that can heal. Outside of combat it doesn't cost mana or anything anyway.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 2, 2014, 19:35 Quinn

Today I realized something that makes me doubt my combo...

Kinda the main art for DOS are the two companions, always 1 male 1 female. The default companions in character creation are also 1 male and 1 female. The thing is, I've chosen to play with 1 male Cleric and 1 male Rogue, but now I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some more interesting companion dialogues/content.

Did the devs say anything about that?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: Gay games Jul 2, 2014, 14:57 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 19:14:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 16:18:
As for pirates, EVERYONE had a pirate fantasy. Pirate

Task wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 18:12:
That's so Gay.

Anyway, I'd marginally prefer to play a character exactly like me, maybe. Maybe. When I am given the choice to create my own character I typically end up with an 8 foot tall, 600lbs person with deformed extremities. If it's Saints Row, also British. I love Monkey Island, but don't really connect with Guybrush. I loved Portal. And I love Tetris, in which you play, I guess, a falling block.

I'm not going to not buy a game because the character isn't just like me. Despite what some people say here, we've had numerous posters here say they won't buy games if the main character is female. It hurts "immersion."

Hahaaa and there it is! As I read your post I was waiting for you to shit on your new arch-nemesis again: Immersion. And voila, there you go. Such a predictable boy.

Again, to some of us it's an important thing -- immersion. To some of us even the #1 reason we play games. I'm sure many -- if not most! -- RPG fans fall under that category of gamers.

When I'd have to play a weird guy that has to put his foot on every baby he sees, I'd lose connection. When I'd play a female that desperately wants a certain strong, heroic man, I'd lose connection. When I'd play a gay man who desperately wants a certain strong, heroic man, I'd lose connection.

Do I love it if games would allow people like me but who are gay to play a gay protagonist? Hell yes. Why would I complain about that. For the record: I don't complain about this topic at all. A legit gay companion. Glorious! I'm simply not gonna hit on him and if he continues to hit on me... well, I guess I'll have to kill him. =)

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month
4. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month Jul 2, 2014, 13:16 Quinn

Bundy wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:38:
I've been mixed about this season of Walking Dead. I enjoyed the last season quite a bit more. They've always been more interactive storytelling than they have been adventure games, but with the last couple episodes you barely have to do anything. Just click your way through dialog options, most of which don't seem to make any difference to the story. While I do enjoy the story, for both this and Wolf Among Us, it's getting to the point where I'd just rather it be a TV series.

I'm actually happy that all I have to do is stare at the screen and choose a dialogue option every now and then. When I start up TWAU or TWD, I enter lazy mode. Every time I can walk around with my character, I'm like "Hmmpf blegh".

I do strongly agree with you on the other critizism, which is the lack of consequence for your choices. "[X] will remember you lied." "[Y] will remember you chose his side." O RLY?! True, there's choice and consequence but only in the form of one or two sentences. Nothing story/chapter changing. Even remotely so.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

40. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 2, 2014, 11:26 Quinn

You lost the first fight? The first first!? What's your difficulty setting?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs DLC
9. Re: Watch Dogs DLC Jul 2, 2014, 02:34 Quinn

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 01:42:
Press (Y) to subvert corporate monopoly with hax

Press (B) to solve all of your problems with murder like an evil Neo

This. It's exactly the point I wanted to make. They can call these "new missions" but you end up with the same simplistic gameplay mode all the time.

I enjoyed playing the game allot but in retrospect it was kinda bad. The only thing really awesome about it are the online invasions.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

35. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 1, 2014, 18:54 Quinn

I love this raw feel European devs put in their games. These perfect imperfections. It remind me of the first Gothic. Those games are only properly respected by a relatively small group, also because the games don't hold your hand and you're kinda thrown in the deep.

I've only managed to put 2 hours into the retail version of Divinity yet. I'm extremely EXTREMELY surprised about the amount of voiceacting! Axis mentioned it last week it'd be included but I expected simple "Good day"s and "Farewell"s and some "Now you die!"s here and there, but your heroes and NPCs are fully voiced whenever they say something that's not in a dialogue box. It adds a ton and another ton to immersion. I like!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

27. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 1, 2014, 07:57 Quinn

Yup you never know! You could've easily been a non-completionist, which would be a shame playing a game like this. Good to hear my advice was but a preach to the choir! ^^

Those stones are awesome. You could basically split up your 2 main chars, give them both a pyramid and be extra-efficient in quest-collecting xP

I'm done working in 2 more hours. Hadn't had the time to play retail yet, it's agony! And tonight I'm practicing with my band so I only have a few meager hours. I'm a sad but excited panda.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 1, 2014, 04:33 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 21:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 21:27:

Go in the healer house in that town and you get access to not just teleport, but teleport devices, instant teleport to TP, and instant teleport to any other portal.... or do the main story quest and investigate the room at the bar

Don't skip the town, every building is relevant

As backer I still don't have access to my ks reward stuff though. Despite it saying kickstart edition. What a launch Oh well, I am up to level 4 now and they really improved the AI inbetween beta and this. It is actually pretty damn challening now

Ah thanks, I definitely didn't clear the town, did a small circuit to map it then went off to the West, after talking to Aurel(sp). Also, I got prompted upon Profile creation to enter Kickstarter backer codes, I assume you got the same? I didn't Kickstart so I can't confirm/deny that part isn't working yet.

Ranger in this game seems vastly superior to other games' Rangers, the specialty arrows are great! Mages are flat out unstoppable. Melee... meh. My knight has a couple candles and barrels of oil he tosses on people when his Rush ability is recharging.

You.. just skipped the town? You can play the gane any way you like, naturally, but I strongly recommend to change your way This game does not have NPCs with exclamationmarks above their heads to indicate they have a quest. By skipping the town you skip tons of quests, tons of companion-dialogue, tons of lore, and you skip some major main-quest stuff. In fact, I think skipping the town is impossible if you want to continue the main quest.

If there's one way you shouldn't play this game, it's the "I'm in a hurry" way. xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Summer Sales Ending
53. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jul 1, 2014, 01:20 Quinn

Nin. Isn't that that guy that mostly comes into a discussion, spews some random shit into the air, and ppl somehow think he's awesome for it? Like that last comment. Wtf was that for infantile bs?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

50. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 18:52 Quinn

panbient wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:19:
Quinn wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 09:41:
panbient wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 03:40:
Slightly nicer graphics have never made a game better, just prettier.

Wrong. Just wrong. It does make a game better because prettier graphics are better for immersion, which still is the #1 reason I play games.

So why does your personal preference make my opinion invalid or somehow incorrect? You play games for 'immersion', fine, I play them for distraction.

Would you tell people who prefer music based on the interplay between the instruments that they're 'wrong. just wrong' because you prefer latching onto the vocal hook?

You were just as much making my opinion invalid with your statement so this thing right here goes both ways.

And better graphics are better, really. It's quite obvious. Divinity has alright looking graphics, but even though this game gets all its magic from all other factors than the graphics... It'd always be better if the graphics were better.

You play games for distraction. So do I. The least immersion, the least distraction. Quite obvious, too, since immersion kinda means a strong mental involvement in something. If that's not there, it's not much of a distraction.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 18:37 Quinn

Is there an overview of what's been added since the last beta version? Didn't have time to play today.. Work tomorrow til 5. I'm dying here!!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 13:58 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:51:

I also think "immersion" is a more bullshit term than things like "synergy" or "paradigm.".

You're so full of shit, Beamer, that you even manage to come up with dumb shit like this to say. It's all about just finding something to be an asshole about with you, I begin to realize.

There's nothing bullshit about a perfectly adequate term like "immersion". Those who value it don't automatically think they are person X they're playing.

If you want to call someone out on bullshit or call them a loon, don't say retarded shit like that.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

40. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 11:05 Quinn

Axis wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 10:31:
Divinity: Original Sin has been officially released!

Now get back up to #1 on the sale asap!!!

Working from 12:00 to 21:00 today. WHYYYYY!!?

Can't wait to put an obsessed amount of love in character creation and get playing! Woo!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

37. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 09:41 Quinn

panbient wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 03:40:
Slightly nicer graphics have never made a game better, just prettier.

Wrong. Just wrong. It does make a game better because prettier graphics are better for immersion, which still is the #1 reason I play games. There are 3 reasons I can't stand console gaming, because they have a negative impact on immersion:

1. The controller. I'm as good as any other moderate player with a controller, but hell.. just looking around to take in the view takes effort (as in.. it feels much more unnatural than doing it with the mouse);
2. The "living room" setting. Many love it, and that's absolutely fine, but it puts a giant, fat wedge between me and the game;
3. Graphics. Look at Skyrim, for example. Horrendous looking game on consoles.

To someone like me who values immersion so much, graphics are an important thing indeed. They don't necessarily have to be awesome -- I can find myself lost in Divinity for example -- but if they can be prettier, it's always better.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

35. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 03:11 Quinn

God was I drunk when I wrote that. Lmao! BUT...! The Netherlands won Woo!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 20:12 Quinn

nin wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 19:31:
babar wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 17:08:
Is Wolfenstein at $29.99 worth it? I'm on the fence about this one. I may jump on it if there's a bigger drop tomorrow.

I enjoyed the hell out of it, but I doubt it'll go below $30.

Put about 8 hours into it. Been a fantastic experience but after 8 hours it's just done. Both story-wise + you've seen what the game has to offer gameplay wise. That sounds good to you? Go ahead and buy it. FPS wise it's been a blast but as always lately there's just not enough enemies to sate the bloodthirst.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 20:07 Quinn

I've spent about $20,- on this summer sale total. I've seen allot of crappy arcade shit going around that has seem to be popular.

I'm a PC gamer. The one that defines himself as being pro the following: story; gameplay; immersion; graphics.

Go on and buy the shit side-scrolling degenerate bullshit titles that sate your jaded spirit. I'm not one of you, however. Go Deus Ex. Go Divinity. Go The Witcher. All that arcady non-story sidescrolling shit --> leave me alone and take all your customers somewhere else for heaven's sake!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
40. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 29, 2014, 04:59 Quinn

"Your key has been revoked because it was stolen. Buy it at a more steep price at the source, damnit!" Just sounds awfully shady to me. And again, pointing to my last comment, #2 wasn't the case at all! Unless you somehow have a source that says the keys were stolen mere seconds before the game's release, there really isn't a good explanation why the "stolen" keys weren't just blocked instead of revoked after activation.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
15. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 19:34 Quinn

If the keys were truly stolen from a particular source, there are two possibilities:

1. The source didn't know they were stolen, which means doubles should've gone around with some people getting a message that "the key is already redeemed";
2. The source did know they were stolen, acted accordingly and people wouldn't have been able to redeem their blocked key.

None of the above is the case. To my logic, it's a big lie even if GMG keys got revoked as well or not.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1068 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo