Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1742 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
25. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:13 Quinn

Here's my take on the trailer:

That guy in the trailer, that's Shepard. Somehow, that's Shepard. I'm certain it's fucking Shepard. Mark my words. "fuck me, Quinn was right."

I'm fucking excited. If that's somehow Shepard and they made it even a bit so that it makes a pinch of sense, I'm so fucking excited. Hell, I'd play the trilogy again if this is the case! I guess I'm all for soft sci-fi. Shepard!

Edit: Yup, must be Shepard. Face is hidden. N7 logo. And a "more on that person in the trailer you're not playing!" Trust me, they won' t reveal that that person is Bob who still owes 5 dollars to the local tavern.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 18:20.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 17:45 Quinn

Krovven wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 16:50:
I picked up Metro Redux Bundle and happy I did. I never did finish Metro 2033 because of several factors, ran like crap and was jittery, lighting was horrible and made it hard to see anything, animations were often jarring, etc.

I played through almost half of 2033 just last night and I didn't want to stop. Sun had already been up an hour when I forced myself to turn it off and goto bed.

Find a comparison video to see the differences.

Ah, those are the best nights -- where hours go by like minutes and you just cannot stop and it's the awkward realization that the thing pulling you out of your gaming experience is the song of birds in the morning. You then quietly crawl into bed, hoping your wife doesn't wake up, look at the clock and go "wtf?" xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer Jun 13, 2015, 19:21 Quinn

Seriously... Fuck that tank shite. I'm so sick and tired of games basing their entire story and gameplay around one new dumb gadget of the protagonist. Imagine CDP showing off the crossbow in every fucking trailer like it's THE new addition everyone was waiting for -- tbh, that's exactly how pathetic and simple the AC fanbase is.

Fuck this tank shite. Sure, you'll need it to blast through main-quest walls. Sure, you'll need it to clear misc-quest areas occupied by a legion of Knight Tanks for bonus XP. Sure, the tank will have some cool entrees during cutscenes, saving your arse during impossible odds.... But fuck off using that shite as THE UNIQUE SELLING POINT of the new game. It's not. And if it is... I am disappointed. Allot.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer
5. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer Jun 13, 2015, 16:36 Quinn

Beautiful. But FUCK THIS SHITE IN A BATMAN GAME!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight TV Spot
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight TV Spot Jun 13, 2015, 09:55 Quinn

That music? It's people's overpaid jobs to make ads and commercials. What the fuck is this shit? One of the things that just make futilishly(wtf) angry..  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced
9. Re: Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced Jun 10, 2015, 09:47 Quinn

Axis wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 19:46:
I've had this on my radar, and with the console announcement I'll make a prediction - it will be a consolized half-ass PC game.

Please Axis be wrong... please be wrong!

You're probably expecting it to be like Dungeon Siege 3? Something pessimistic in me does. But the vids with the dev commentary did look pretty nice!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
25. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 9, 2015, 18:25 Quinn

I find it horribly brutal how NVIDIA is burying AMD in every way. Nvidia has been my choice for a few years now, and I'm not surprised as their products rock, but if the next AMD tier isn't going to put some hard fucking pressure on NVIDIA.. NVIDIA will have the monopoly in no-time, and that's never good.

Looking forward to Arkham Tanks Knight. Except for those legions of tanks.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M
28. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 9, 2015, 17:08 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 13:40:
Quinn wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 11:13:
Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 09:52:
Well deserved, kudos to CDPR. The amount of content in the game is almost overwhelming which is a good problem to have.

Good problem? "We drop you in the middle of a huge map, misc quests everywhere BUT some of these quests will lead you to major plot-important people, so you should really do them all! But know that if you do, you'll outlevel the mainquest and majority of the subquests in notime!"

I don't find that a positive dilemma. As a friend put it: "It made me crazy to a point I can't play it anymore."

If you're not led there by the main questline, how can you call it plot-important? It's simple evidence that CDPR clearly does not share your opinion, and they should know. There's plot-relevant stuff maybe, but it's still optional. There are plenty of in-game books that shed more light on plot-centric themes and characters; are you obsessing over finding and reading all of those, as well?

I'm a bit of a completionist myself (though not to the point of it being aggravating, which is why I feel I'm short of actual OCD), but I recognize that completing every little morsel of optional content is going to make me somewhat overpowered. As a developer of this type of game, you cannot assume people will do EVERYTHING, nor do you want to make it too easy to skip over all that extra stuff you put so much work into. The difficulty of the main quests were balanced somewhere in the middle. The final sequence recommends level 26-29, IIRC, but I ended up going into it at 34, and I still left at least half of the ?'s in Skellige undone. As well as all the Gwent quests -- I didn't spend any time on that at all the first time 'round.

The only way to avoid this entirely is to adopt a system like Bethesda has been using since Oblivion, where all content dynamically scales to your level. It works well enough to avoid your dilemma, but I greatly enjoyed the journey in Witcher 3, where on at least a dozen occasions I had an "Oh, shit! Nopenopenopenopenopenope..." moment running into a significantly more powerful opponent. It keeps you on your toes, knowing such challenges could be hiding inside any cave. You remember such encounters much better than the countless ones where you steamrolled your enemies, and feel a lot more satisfaction when you finally go back with better gear and abilities to find victory.

A simple example: Letho. Did you find him? Did you got him to join you at Kaer Morhen? I did. By pure chance. Found him in a fucking random shed. That made my OCD go fucking nuts. Nuts. Because I found him when I had right about made up my mind to take my ship to Skelige and leave Velen behind.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M
13. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 9, 2015, 11:13 Quinn

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 09:52:
Well deserved, kudos to CDPR. The amount of content in the game is almost overwhelming which is a good problem to have.

Good problem? "We drop you in the middle of a huge map, misc quests everywhere BUT some of these quests will lead you to major plot-important people, so you should really do them all! But know that if you do, you'll outlevel the mainquest and majority of the subquests in notime!"

I don't find that a positive dilemma. As a friend put it: "It made me crazy to a point I can't play it anymore."

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced
3. Re: Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced Jun 9, 2015, 11:06 Quinn

Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 10:56:
Glad they finally let the rabbit out of the hat. Not understanding why they have been so tight lipped about this game and letting us know about the tools and how they work and about the games many features.

Its like trying to pull teeth from a Grizzly Bear to get any information from them.

There's been some great developer commentary gameplay vids out already! This game will be an amazing birthday present. As a fan of the Drizzt saga, I was crazy thrilled they mentioned multiple references to it, like the downfall of Cpt. Deudermont and the bar Wulfgar worked in. /love

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 17:16 Quinn

descender wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 16:26:
I feel like TW3 is a true torture for completionists

It's about time, isn't it? (i know that's not what you meant but hear me out)

That a game finally presents such a glut of content that it's simply too daunting to tackle in one playthrough? I had always secretly wished this upon the FO/Skyrim open world games, that they would let you outlevel or "lose" access to quests after time to present a more dynamic and living world. The fact that those type of games let me do over 90% of the total available quests basically guarantees I'll never have time for a second playthrough. :p

I understand you and I would have agreed with you UNTIL some crazy shit happened....

Blind wandering actually had me find Letho! By complete chance! Another random encounter was another fellow Witcher (besides Letho)! Both -- I just know -- will have an impact further in the story and I could have oh so easily missed them! From that moment on my completionist self broke out of its cage and I went totally nuts, and sadly you can only see your active quest on the map so being the completionist started to suck my energy dry. See what I mean? As a friend of mine apped me right now: "There's too much main shit not in the main questline."

"good replayability!" you might say, but after a 100+ hours and -- lets face it -- gameplay that really is kinda boring, I think I will have had my fair share.

But I guess this is how CDP wanted it. Hell, they literally dropped you in the middle of a huge map without any directions.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2015, 17:34.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 16:01 Quinn

I'm really looking forward to this more liniear game. I cannot get into The Witcher 3 because I feel extremely spread thin in that game. I can't see the forest for the trees anymore. At some point a level 11 quest wanted me to go to a new map (Skelige) while the main quest (lvl 13 or higher) obviously wasn't even nearly done yet in Novigrad. Not to mention I had like 20 sidequests going gray let alone the 7 witcher contracts!

Argh.. I feel like TW3 is a true torture for completionists...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 7, 2015, 14:35 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 14:27:
Techie714 © wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 14:02:
I rarely ever pre-order a game. I usually wait for reviews, etc. However with any Fallout game I not only pre-order I buy the most expensive edition possible, it's the ONE game I go ape shit over....#Sorry

This is why we can't have nice things.

Hehe, exactly. A mediocre trailer is all we yet have and people already buy overprized pre-orders. Prr-orders only make sense if the price is somehow a crazy sale. Trust me, digital stuff does not get out of stock. Stop acting like a dumb animal.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
80. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jun 7, 2015, 06:31 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 03:45:
Enough of your spamming.

? This thread had died a while ago. What you on about?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
31. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched Jun 6, 2015, 22:22 Quinn

Ugh! I keep feeling like I'm lvling too quickly. I do 2 main quests and 5 sidequests and contracts turn gray. I do 5 sidequests/contracts and the main quests turn green/gray. There's a lvl 11 and lvl 15 quest in Skalige while I'm lvl 18 doing the lvl 12 main quest in Novigrad still, and it would feel really weird to go to Skalige already before at least Novigrad is done let alone the rest of Velen.

I still can't really get into the game because it keeps nagging at me: Am I doing this all in the wrong order and am I skipping content right now?

The completionist within me can't stfu!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
2. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 6, 2015, 12:03 Quinn

That bravado! Interesting! Is this the time to invest.. or sell your stocks asap?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched Jun 5, 2015, 16:56 Quinn

Darks wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 16:03:
Nice patch, but I don't understand why they reduced the amount of coin that chest and creatures give. Its hard enough getting Coin in this game without them making it even harder now.

Don't forget to go to the banker in Novigrad and convert your currency to Crowns. Did that today without knowing I was carrying different currancies. I received 1800+ crowns.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jun 5, 2015, 15:36 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 13:24:
NetHead wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 11:21:
Oh my god, getting into religious reviewing site now? lol

CCG reviews have been featured here for a couple years now. I'm always fascinated to read reviews that come from a particular perspective.

EDIT: In fact, I'm usually more likely to read CCG than a "regular" review just for this reason. I don't even read reviews these days to make my gaming decisions, I rely on word of mouth from all of you, as well as watching Let's Plays.

Word of mouth and lets plays, sure. But why you praise CCG above other review sites is honestly beyond me. What does a perspective from someone who's deluded and cannot think critically do for you that makes it better for you? I despise religion and if I had the energy for it I'd openly boycott CCG. Why? Because I strongly believe religion is for idiots and religion poisons everything, and it should not be a taboo to express that openly.. like the media is forced to do these days regarding smoking.

There. I said it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Överwatch Trailer
8. Re: Överwatch Trailer Jun 5, 2015, 03:54 Quinn

Why the narrow FOV?! Why?! Why don't developers learn? This FOV is unacceptable for a multiplayer FPS.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
120. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 5, 2015, 02:38 Quinn

Vall Forran wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 20:37:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 19:37:
Not only did you not read my post properly (I wasn't the one complaining about graphics) but you don't know what you're talking about either.

You did amuse me, so points for that. The fuck off finish was weak though. Try harder.

Apologies. I took the general hatred of the thread and somehow applied it to you.

And, I kind of do know what I'm talking about. I guess my film vfx background conflicts with the video game cute idea of AO.

No, you don't know what you're talking about. You said that what we perceive as AO is just baked into the textures. That is simply incorrect these days when we talk about the AO feature. You either made a horrible rage-typo in that earlier message or you do simply not know what you're talking about despite your background.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1742 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo