Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1308 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
33. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 4, 2014, 03:44 Quinn

Saw a 9GAG video of Aiden executing people who had the weirdest of professions, beliefs or way of life.

He shot a scientologist; a woman who still lived in parents' basement; an anti-violence activist; a muslim; etc.

Freaking hilarious. The game actually looked like fun...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
17. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 16:33 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:34:
. They say this is not only a Ubisoft record, but it also makes Watch Dogs the bestselling new IP in history based on NPD and GFK data and internal estimates as of June 3, 2014.

BS

Peak players on Steam is only 25k. Well below SEVERAL games. There is no way this set any records other than their own.

Sorry but I can't stop wondering with every single comment you write: are you somewhere between 12 and 15? Ffs man, there's more places out there than Steam. Use your bloody ooze!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
42. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 09:02 Quinn

Still absolutely loving every single bit out of ESO. I'd almost say that ESO is for the adults and this WoW clone for the kids, and that's alright. ESO is the first MMO that truly values immersion and a rather laid-back type gaming like the rest of the Elders, while this WoW clone values... powerleveling.
Almost.

This or that, I've left the days of WoW ergo its clones behind me. If you share those values, however, enjoy!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 2, 2014, 18:09 Quinn

Neh that would be a good thing.

What an open-city game needs as a fundamental part is lots of stuff that supports immersion. Pubs; stores; malls; and all kinds of little things. The devil is in the details or a game just feels blegh and you'd rather just play a linear game without the boring hassle between point A and B. That's why you're prolly sucked toward Wolf while playing WD. That, and the awful driving ofc.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 2, 2014, 02:44 Quinn

Frijoles wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 01:23:

Wolf Spoiler:

The ending of Wolf made me sad. I'm hoping the helicopters heard (after credits?) meant something.

Spoiler reply:

The ending made me sad too. Maybe it's Fraulein Crazy who will "save" him to have some proper revenge on him. She'll maybe be the endboss in the DLC :D

Also, I loved Blazcovicz' poetic lines. With the Quintin Tarantino nazis, the protagonist gave the game a serious flavour anyway -- which I liked.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 1, 2014, 17:59 Quinn

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 17:39:
Wolf continues to impress the hell out of me...most fun I've had in a shooter in a long time. Glad it's doing well (and hope Machine Games does another)!

Agreed. Superb FPS! First FPS in a long time that I bought after only 10 minutes of trying it out. While Wolfenstein doesn't suffer from it, the Rage engine is still a sad sad retard child. Textures load if you turn too quickly sometimes; textures look like absolute garbage from up close. Less horrible than it was in Rage because Wolfenstein is quicker paced and the maps are smaller.

Loving the game. Blazcovicz' nightmares are AWESOME and nostalgic!

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2014, 02:39.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
29. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 21:37 Quinn

Simon Says wrote on May 31, 2014, 18:41:
I agree with most of her assessments, but 2 are simply stupid, the old metroid one of course and the "mystical pregnancy" argument.

Common, what's wrong with a "mystical pregnancy" plot twist? All of those quoted in her articles served the narrative:

"7. The Mystical Pregnancy

A female character is impregnated by supernatural reproductive technology. Examples: Skully in The X-files, Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica, Deanna Troy from Star Trek, the Next Generation (who is impregnated by a ball of space energy)."

She's pushing a bit too far and sometimes seeing sexism where there isn't IMHO.

Holy shit, she should start a goddamn campaign against right about every single religion. After all, somehow they all think of the woman's birthcanal as a one-way street.

As for games being sexist.. I agree. My wife has a real gripe with it and I completely understand. For example, can't wait for a Bioware RPG where an LI is a tad more chubby instead of the big-tits-slim-hips models.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
49. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 20:05 Quinn

Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 18:13:
Quinn wrote on May 30, 2014, 17:30:
Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:51:
harlock wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:32:
Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:55:
I wouldn't say mediocre at all.

i would.. and i did

if you love it, awesome - good for you

but i expect a hell of a lot more from ULTRA!! graphics settings that cripple hardware in this way

Yeah, sorry man. Dont know what to tell you. The game looks fantastic for me. Short of Crysis 3, which isn't a massive open world game with tons of Ai running around, I'm not sure anything looks better. There's a few that look as good, but better? Can you give us an example to back up your point instead of just raving "its junk" and leaving.

Its definitely sure as hell better than DS2, which bragged about its ultra PC graphics, which most definitely did not live up to the hype.

This doesn't look remotely as good as Crysis 3. I don't fault WD for it because it's open-world and Crysis 3 isn't, but I do fault you for talking such bullshit about something we could be objective about. No, it doesn't look as good as Crysis 3 by a long shot and to claim otherwise is putting you in the biased fanboy category.

The first thing that hit me in the face like a sack of nails were the mediocre open-world graphics. During the tutorial mission they looked just OK, but when I got outside I checked twice if I INDEED had everything on Ultra and why the hell the game ran like shit, relatively compared to the visuals.

Don't touch Ultra textures, people, it looks just as crap as High textures yet with High the game runs three times better.

I did say Crysis 3 looked better. You quoted me where I did. I'm not arguing that. I'm saying its a fair shot better than mediocre. Ultra definitely looks sharper than High. I will disagree with u there.

Of course those E3 2012 vids are waaaaaaaay better than the end product. Betcha those were all prerendered.

I had misread your comment somehow. Must be a foreigner thing that got in the way, sorry about that!

Still, you're being overly optimistic about the graphics. To me, Far Cry 3 had me staring at the screen for minutes, drooling at the great vistas before me. That's the first obvious one, but while I have difficulty at this late hour to come up with another jaw-dropping title, I do know WD isn't one of them. It's just so... bland.

Also, in an earlier comment I complaint about all those huge popups in the screen all the time which drove me nuts. Realized after starting the game up again that that crazy shit disappears once you "holster" your smartphone. Been a much more pleasant gaming experience after that realization, lol.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 17:30 Quinn

Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:51:
harlock wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:32:
Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:55:
I wouldn't say mediocre at all.

i would.. and i did

if you love it, awesome - good for you

but i expect a hell of a lot more from ULTRA!! graphics settings that cripple hardware in this way

Yeah, sorry man. Dont know what to tell you. The game looks fantastic for me. Short of Crysis 3, which isn't a massive open world game with tons of Ai running around, I'm not sure anything looks better. There's a few that look as good, but better? Can you give us an example to back up your point instead of just raving "its junk" and leaving.

Its definitely sure as hell better than DS2, which bragged about its ultra PC graphics, which most definitely did not live up to the hype.

This doesn't look remotely as good as Crysis 3. I don't fault WD for it because it's open-world and Crysis 3 isn't, but I do fault you for talking such bullshit about something we could be objective about. No, it doesn't look as good as Crysis 3 by a long shot and to claim otherwise is putting you in the biased fanboy category.

The first thing that hit me in the face like a sack of nails were the mediocre open-world graphics. During the tutorial mission they looked just OK, but when I got outside I checked twice if I INDEED had everything on Ultra and why the hell the game ran like shit, relatively compared to the visuals.

Don't touch Ultra textures, people, it looks just as crap as High textures yet with High the game runs three times better.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 10:55 Quinn

Textures: High
AA: Temporal SMAA or TXAAx2 (latter looks better but decreases the performance a tad)
The rest: Ultra

Runs smooth as butter on my single GTX 680. Ultra Textures seem to be the culprit mostly.

PS: The game still looks bland and stale. Except for Aiden. He graphically stands out.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Car Hacking Video
6. Re: Watch Dogs Car Hacking Video May 30, 2014, 07:28 Quinn

Not even mentioning the biggest gripe, driving itself?

It's so fucking hilarious. A car doesn't "ease" into rolling. It's just *BAM!* you fly forward and the screen immediately starts to blur. You can't possibly drive around the neighborhood, taking it easy. You either drive Formula 1 style or tap the W button which will feel like you're in second gear without pressing the gas-paddle right before the car shuts off.

Driving is just.. well, fucking horrible.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews May 29, 2014, 19:31 Quinn

Finally enjoying watch dogs. What gave? My pride.

Put textures on high instead of Ultra. AA on Temporal [something] instead of TXAA x2/x4. Rest on Ultra. Now the game runs smooth as butter.

First game I can't play on max with my GTX 680. Bah.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Login Issues
13. Re: Watch Dogs Login Issues May 28, 2014, 05:02 Quinn

This has nothing to do with the game itself, but with the Uplay service. This can happen. I've been playing games since I was 5 and still I'm not this sort of a nerdrager.

Go play in offline mode for a few hours and let these humans fix their problems.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Cralorn Launches
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Cralorn Launches May 25, 2014, 04:49 Quinn

Ash wrote on May 23, 2014, 15:14:
Does anyone plays & enjoys this game?
My beta play-through felt extremely hollow.

Same experience with the beta. But having a hell of a time with the final game. Subbed for the next 60 days. Hours and hours of playtime put into it already with just one character. It's not getting old. Quests continue to impress me. Areas continue to invite exploration.

This game... is simply the best.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
27. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 11:07 Quinn

Boo boo shut up big bad Zeninax, we wants Oculus! Whatevers your case, shuts it!

Seriously, wish I wasn't on a white beach in Greece right now so I could make a meme with a funny cat out of the text above.

Fucking hilarious.

/applaud to Cutter for actually looking at it from a meta-perspective. If Zenimax has a case -- and it seems they do! -- it's interesting to see how this turns out.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Game Reviews May 10, 2014, 11:06 Quinn

Played the game. Yup, actually played the game and now leaving a short word on it.

Positive points first:
Combat. It's Witcher-2-like difficult and unforgiving, yet will gradually become more comfortable yet never easy as you gain skills -- which are plenty, btw.
Character development is nice.

Negative points:
Voice acting and audio quality of it. Horrible.
Character/facial animation. Crap.
This kills immersion. Badly. Especially bad for a game that's a storytelling RPG.

I give it a 7.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Game Reviews May 9, 2014, 11:19 Quinn

I've been strongly disagreeing with allot of reviews lately. Very strongly. If I still listened to those bitter folk, I would've missed out on many many many hours of pure joy.

Don't be dumb and say "Glad I didn't buy the game" or w/tf/e. If you don't have the dough, fine.. you didn't make the gamble and I can respect that, but you simply can't tell if it's your cup-of-tea unless you've actually played it.

I myself bought Bound by Flame for 18 euros. If it sucks as much as some reviews say, my loss and it won't bother me at all. If I'll enjoy it for more than 6 hours, it'll be well worth the 18 euros.

Starting it up in an hour. We'll see.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Bound by Flame Launch Trailer
18. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 6, 2014, 08:20 Quinn

netnerd85 wrote on May 6, 2014, 07:24:
Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2014, 04:16:
I'm not expecting much. Mars: War Log was mediocre at best and this doesn't really look any different. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, though.
Come on, this looks WAY better than Mars War Logs, way way way better.

Lol, fuck yes it does. Quite possibly in literally every way. Don't know what Jerykk is smoking the last few months but it's bad shit.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 6, 2014, 03:17 Quinn

www.kinguin.net has it for 18,50 euros, which is like 20 or 21 dollars. Even for that price I'm not pre-ordering it though. This is possibly one of those games that looks quite awesome in trailers but somehow has "cheap shit" all over it once you actually get your hands on it. Of Orcs and Men comes to mind.

Still, I think the game will be great. The vids really do look good. I'm excited. This may be the game that'll grant me an short and actually undesired break from ESO xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 5, 2014, 11:26 Quinn

This game got my attention since yesterday, right before this launch trailer came out. The trailer I've linked below got me sold. I'd suggest watching it for a proper indication of what this game will have to offer!

http://youtu.be/Ypv9KLZaIK4

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1308 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo