Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 938 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake Woes
4. Re: Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake Woes Jul 31, 2013, 14:41 Quinn

The game looked alright when I saw the first moments of the trailer. I thought they were going for a Lands of Lore kinda combat system. When I saw the actual combat, it turned me off immediately. No go for me.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
19. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 11:49 Quinn

Verno wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 09:47:
Still looking forward to this, haters gonna hate

Too easy. Not a hater at all, just an unbiased observer.

I, too, am still looking forward to this game. However, by now I would not be surprised if the game falls far short of expectations. I'm seeing too obvious mechanics, if that makes sense.

We'll see.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
16. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 08:34 Quinn

Hah.

I remember all too well warning people of early footage. It always lies. Always. The "end result" (I know.. the game is not yet finished but that does not change my point), somehow, always looks worse (Colonial Marines is a far too easy but ample example, of course). Suddenly everything looks... say, less cinematic in *every* way: animations are less fluid; atmosphere/graphics less vibrant; and in it's entirity it just looks more.. gamey; more generic.

I wish to understand the paradox of this degenerate progress during game development. Truly.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2013, 08:44.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned
37. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 31, 2013, 08:27 Quinn

Flatline, thanks for refreshing my memory in the process!

I agree with you fully except for something: ...Correct me in more elaborate fashion if I'm wrong but... doesn't the end imply that by killing himself at the moment of baptism... Anna is never born, which is why all her versions disappear?...

At least that's how I experienced the ending: ...The story / The game never came to pass due to a suicide at a key moment....

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 12:56 Quinn

Yakubs wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 12:52:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 12:39:
I really should finish this game. I was near the end I think, then work happened. Its getting hard to avoid spoilers.

If you're near the end, you really should have already figured out the ending.

Honestly, I figured it out less than an hour into the game somehow.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 11:46 Quinn

I don't get it why a company would waste their fucking time and money on this bullshit Arena/Challenges nonsense for a game like BIOSHOCK ffs. It's so goddamned dumb! People didn't play Bioshock Infinite so they can experience what it's like to be Rambo or a skilled freaking black-ops agent. They play it for the story; the atmosphere; the drama -- and all the awesome guns and skills you can use in the process only improve the experience. Without the first three aspects, however, it's hollow and boring and only a handful of gamers would give a rat's fuck.

There. I said it.

The Rapture DLC looks promising!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2013, 09:13 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 09:03:
Anyone getting Mercenary Kings? Looks like a lot of old school in there....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218820/

I still cannot understand why people are willing to pay that much money for a game like this. To me, it's simply irrational.

Go plug your old Nintendo into your flatscreen or download and install Fury of the Furries or any other game that'll be fresh in your mind again because you haven't played it for 20 years or more.

But, again, paying 15 bucks for uninspired/uninspiring stuff like this is only telling devs that they can make good fucking money a fucking easy way.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2013, 03:46 Quinn

I have the disc version of Severance: Blade of Darkness since its day of release. It still works fine. I replayed the game merely a month ago because it was calling to me from the grave -- had to dig through ancient chests to pull it from it!

This game is one of the best games I have ever -- EVER! -- played. The feel of the gameplay; the combat, has similarities with Dark Souls, the major difference is that it's better.

Back in the day this game was a revolution graphic wise, and fucking still is melee-combat wise. If you haven't picked up this game yet, and you're not going to, then you're a madman.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2013, 04:01.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 28, 2013, 21:25 Quinn

Happy to see Citadels isn't on this list. Thank baby jesus for pirates providing free demos. That game is so horrid, asking money for it is a crime, let alone 40 bucks!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
68. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 28, 2013, 21:22 Quinn

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 20:00:
Does anyone know what that third, smaller button does in the Matrix? It creates a 45 degree cone in front of my avatar, but other than that, nothing seems to happen. Nothing about it in the help section either, which is intensely useful...

Edit: nm, I figured it out. It's the Overwatch button.

Creston

It's not only in the Matrix where you can use that button. It's like the Overwatch in X-Com you say? I thought as much, though when I tried it, it didn't give me that impression. Guess the enemies didn't move inside my cone then..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

66. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 28, 2013, 18:36 Quinn

Not sure how far I'm in but it's getting boring for me. For the combat gameplay you should (re)play X-COM: Enemy Unknown instead because it's better in every sense, imo. Very disappointed by the fact I so far had zero moments where I felt like I started to build a relationship with someone. It felt like going there with Coyote but the closest involvement I felt was in keep telling people how great a friend Sam was... though I know fuck about him.

Not overly excited. Basically waiting for the game to somehow open up like a blossoming flower but it seems to remain a bland experience in every aspect of it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Steam Preorders
5. Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Steam Preorders Jul 28, 2013, 06:12 Quinn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1y-D-AyVJk

Great show off!

What I like about the game is that this is one of the few games that PROPERLY REWARDS YOU for actually leaving hostiles undisturbed. In most stealth oriented games it's either you go full-out ghost or you don't -- it's simply more practical that way, xp wise.

Mark my words: This Splinter Cell will be good. Maybe not Chaos Theory good, but definitely a good balance between Chaos Theory and Conviction.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

46. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 26, 2013, 16:31 Quinn

My gripes non-mod Shadowrun Returns:

No xp for killing enemies (right?)
No loot from enemies.

Other than those, great fun!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 26, 2013, 12:20 Quinn

Rea1One wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 10:27:
I was a kickstarter backer because I really enjoyed Shadowrun on Snes and Sega. This game is fairly ok but to be honest doesn't feel like a $1.8 million game at all and feels more like some flash or web based game with some elements borrowed from XCOM Enemy Unknown. Well at least it's better than Shadowrun (2007).

This game had 1,8 mil backing it!? Holy fuck! Can't wait to see what Star Citizen will look like with, what.. only 700k backing it?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 23, 2013, 05:41 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 20:17:
Wow, and I thought the Steam sale was bad this summer. That's nothing compared to Lamestop.

It wasn't the sales fault but the fact that hardly anything new and interesting came out between Xmas Sale and Summer Sale. Really.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Jul 22, 2013, 20:43 Quinn

PHJF wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 14:16:
It was 3x as entertaining as Far Cry at 1/3 the price. Big, dumb, stupid games are always more fun than their competitors, and at the end of the day I'll take the game that's more fun.

Says more about you than anything else, but that's all right.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Jul 22, 2013, 11:26 Quinn

Lorcin wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 22:07:
nin wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 21:28:
Cutter wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 21:19:
Blood Dragon won. If you don't get it now, just quit gaming altogether. And CoJ: Gunslinger is up for a vote for that and grab it for 10 bones when it wins because it's totally worth it.

PRESS ENTER TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR ABILITY TO READ

Loved Far Cry 3 - hated blood dragon. That neon graphics mod made my eyes bleed.

This. If you ask me, Blood Dragon is seriously overrated. I'm guessing nostalgia plays a role in most of the enthusiasm. Goes to show that old people still play games.

This sale may have sucked for many people because hardly anything New & Interesting came out between Xmas Sale and Summer Sale. 1 + 1 = 2. True story.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2013, 22:03 Quinn

I bought the City in Motion 2 for my lady. She's been asking me to find her a proper sim
to keep her preoccupied when I'm gaming and she's bored.

So far it's a waste of money. She said she hardly got past the turorial and the game is vague and basically just sucks.

Fuck.... Another fail to silence her while I'm escaping reality...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for Windows
2. Re: Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for Windows Jul 18, 2013, 11:34 Quinn

This looks like a game for the PS2 and XBox. Horrible.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2013, 16:05 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:47:
I've actually bought very little. I think I bought Blood Dragon and Sleeping Dogs.

Nothing seems overwhelmingly necessary to me.

I agree. All this is kinda meh. But that's only because I already have all the interesting stuff.

DX:HR, Sleeping Dogs, Alan Wake and (the biggest surprise of the summer sale!) Tomb Raider and even GTAVI all have had fantastic prices in this summer sale.

But then, it's not the Summer Sale's fault that the Summer Sale is so so. I have come to the scary realization that most of it out there just sucks, and there's nothing in the near future that's even remotely interesting.

It's gonna be a long and boring wait for The Witcher 3...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

938 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo