Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1743 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
5. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 11:45 Quinn

Jesus how comes that everytime Rockstar announce anything PC related, they sound like they have a sarcastic smirk on their face?

Copy-pasting an apology, too... Fucking hell.

PS: Let me correct nin as someone who isn't even waiting for the game: It ain't funny. These last-second delays are a fucking joke and it should raise many eyebrows to their management and how this could be a sign to an optimization clusterfuck once again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
43. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 13:03 Quinn

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 11:53:
What has Turtle Rock done for Evolve?

[cannot progress question]

What has TR done for Evolve. Hmmm. They... birthed it? Let them create 10.000 cosmetic DLCs and all price them a 100 dollars a piece for all I care. I once put one of those dumb steam cards on the steam marketplace for 10 dollars hoping some no-lifer who somehow gives a shit about those things would blindly and accidentally buy it. Nobody seemed to care I did, because those who wanted the card weren't dumb enough to buy it and then there are the millions of steam users who don't give a fuck about the cards at all anyway.

I can give y'all a solid fact: Myself (steam name Vince), my cousin (steam name Yuu) and my friend (steam name Royaldeath) have been and still are enjoying the hell out of Evolve. That's at least 33 hours into the game and counting. Well worth the money you'd pay for any game. It's a solid experience and if both the soldiers and the monster are veteran players, you are in for intense matches that make the neighbors go "STFU!".

So, people.. go ahead and bitch the fuck along. Personally, I'm tired as fuck that people here can bitch about games they haven't even played.

"At least I didn't buy Evolve." -nin

Sod off.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
20. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 11:29 Quinn

Got a GTX 680. Still waiting for the next AMD VS nVidia war I hope to break out soon. I like the price/quality effect these have.

So far nVidia owns the market, so buying an N card now doesn't feel like the wise thing to do.

The GTX 680 still does his job. Trying to be patient.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

41. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 10:03 Quinn

nin wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:16:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 03:25:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 21:34:
Can someone really tell me why they are so worked up over the DLC plan of Evolve since it's really nothing more than cosmetics and post-release additions?

Isn't this what most people WANT from DLC?

It feels like they spent too much time scheming on ways to incorporate DLC into their game and not enough time on producing a sold, fun game to play.

The game may be fun for a select few but it's no where near hitting the mark of a $60 AAA title.

He paid $100 for it! Can you believe that????

And you didn't play it! =D That signature. Lmao.

At least I did buy Evolve and enjoying it with friends for a week now and know what the fuck I'm talking about when I spout my unimportant shit on the internet.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 09:14 Quinn

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 05:17:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 03:25:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 21:34:
Can someone really tell me why they are so worked up over the DLC plan of Evolve since it's really nothing more than cosmetics and post-release additions?

Isn't this what most people WANT from DLC?

It feels like they spent too much time scheming on ways to incorporate DLC into their game and not enough time on producing a sold, fun game to play.

The game may be fun for a select few but it's no where near hitting the mark of a $60 AAA title.

Steam has me sitting at 36 hours of play time...I'm still finding entertainment value. I just don't see the issue here, it's really no different than games of similar vein in terms of game play style. The only thing I'd say is an issue is that a lot of people might be turned off with the hunting aspect and the inherent downtime involved.

As for the DLC, I really don't see the problem with it, it's currently nothing more than cosmetics and the add-on of the 4 extra hunters and monster are post-release content...

It needed some hands-on experience before I could agree with you, but now I do. Been playing about 33 hours now. Still enjoying it; still can't wait to get home and be extra lovely to my wife so she would allow me some uninterrupted hours

Same with the DLC. It's cheap shit, but if people wanna pay many dollars for cosmetic shite... the joke is on them.

My only real issue with the game is the fact that I can write 24 essays and cook about 68 masterchef meals between every match. It's horrible. There are 3 timers. The first is a 1:15 mins timer so people have time to check their performance of the earlier match. Ppl can press READY, but ofc they hardly ever do. Then there's the second 30 secs timer, where you're just watching a screen preparing you for the next match. After a loading screen, you have to "wait for other players" so you're eating out of your arsehole because your computer is too fast. Then the last 1:30 mins timer starts where people can choose their class -- but they really can't because the game decides for you based on your priority list. Again you often have to wait the full 1:30 minutes because players forget to select their perk or shit like that. After that, somehow, another loadingscreen (what did it load before while I had to wait for other players to load?). After that, a cutscene as we give the monster a chance to run off.

In short, there's about 5 minutes intermission between matches. What the motherfucking fuck!?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 18:10 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 18:01:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 17:46:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 16:49:
Quinn wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 16:47:
Looks to me like another glorified cardgame. I don't get this movement. Either play an actual PC game or get around an actual physical table with some friends xP

Ok with first part, but you ended with that tired angle of "why not just do the real thing?". Well playing cards with another on a PC is still the same thing, it's still the same game and the same rules. No reason to feel one is better than the other. Whatever the peoples like.

Except the idea behind Hand of Fate is that you're creating a third-person action gameplay scenario with the cards you choose or are dealt (not sure how it works, exactly). Good luck pulling that off on an actual physical table!

Oh right specifically about Hand of Fate, but just the general blah blah we get with "why not just do the real thing instead?", weak sauce stuff.

Can't disagree with you. IT's weak sauce stuff. I don't know HoF at all but with a first glance it looks like a glorified cardgame. What I meant to say was that I can't imagine it would give much variety from the other cardgame games out there already. It's like playing multiple Memory games with different graphics or images or something...

I added the "real thing" to make my point because at least with the real thing every night is different due to the booze and stories you and your friends have to tell. In other words, playing actual cards 9 out of 10 times isn't about playing cards. It's a conduit for socializing, if you will.

You'd think you can only have so many PC cardgames until it gets overly redundant. You'd think..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 16:49 Quinn

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 16:47:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 16:37:
longevity, depth of play, repetition

Bingo! Watched some guys do a let's play, and by the end of the second round, thought "Is that it????".

I'll say this though, there's an offline play with bots (and coop with bots filling in) so I'll buy the GOTY version in a couple of years once all the DLC is included. Just don't see the point right now.

Exactly. Once it's all in one package, down to $20, I'll check it out...

There's alot of "exactly!"s there for someone who, naturally, hasn't played it yet

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 16:47 Quinn

Shok wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 15:08:
Frijoles wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 13:52:
Bought Hand of Fate (not on the list.. yet) on Friday. Great game. Combat isn't much, but the rest of the game is really great.

Yeah I saw TotalBiscuit's review of Hand of Fate and it looks good, especially if they add more DLC down the line to be able to dual wield, etc. I can wait to pick it up in a sale though.

Looks to me like another glorified cardgame. I don't get this movement. Either play an actual PC game or get around an actual physical table with some friends xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 14:02 Quinn

The Evolve guys should really look long and hard at their DLC fuckup. The game was riding the clouds pre-release. PR was doing a good job. Then the DLC announcement arrived with all of its bravado, and the reputation came down like a fat kid trippin'.

It's a shame.
The game is actually real fun.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards
12. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 20, 2015, 18:51 Quinn

Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:20:
So, when we see someone riding this thing in game we can all go, hey look at hay loser who paid over 300 day for a Tiger mount.

This comment makes no sense at all. Nobody knew the game would go F2P. There are only two kinds of people who will be riding that tiger mount:

1. People who are enjoying ESO since launch or earlier;
2. People who forgot to cancel their subscription.

That is all. There is no 3rd group that "continued paying the monthly fee with the hopes the game would go F2P someday and they'd get a loyalty reward.".

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
64. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 19, 2015, 07:17 Quinn

So a certain game reaches only 13fps on an unreleased GPU with an 8core CPU on DX11... and 120fps on DX12?

It might be -- it just might be! -- that said game is programmed specifically for DX12? It's a dead fucking giveaway. In other words, the statement means absolutely nothing.

I'm not saying DX12 won't be able to live up to its promises. I'm saying this vague statement means no fuck at all.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

69. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2015, 10:05 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 08:02:
I think it is always best to wait an not preorder. Are the preorder incentives really that great?

Most incentives destroy the balance developers put incredibly much time and money in to get right. The incentives only keep me further from preordering, personally.

The best example was the Dragon Armor in DA:O. I was dumb enough to preorder that game. My tank wore that one armor the entirety of the game once I met the strength requirements. Horrible experience.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

66. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2015, 07:53 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 06:11:
I don't think Max Payne makes for a good comparison with GTA. These are two vastly different games, of different scopes and with different processes running in the background. For example I don't think Max Payne needs to manage the driving AI routines of an entire virtual city.

Most games don't need to manage that and I believe it's beside the point. The fact is that Max Payne 3 was well optimized, which still needs able programmers to do so even if the game doesn't need to manage the driving AI routines of an entire virtual city. So if they were willing to put the time and effort into optimizing one game perfectly for the PC, chances are high they've done the same with GTAV.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
36. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 16, 2015, 14:39 Quinn

descender wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 10:15:
After all the backlash at the story, I didn't see the point.

LOL... yes... skip 40-50 hours worth of awesome RPG storytelling because the last 5 minutes of the story might have butthurt some overzealous teenagers on the internet. Brilliant!

I love that you latched on to the piss-poor combat though, that's hilarious!

"... some overzealous teenagers ..." Yeah right. First, there's no "some" to speak of. The outrage was BIG big, even for gaming community standards. Second, it weren't just the kids. That was easy to track on Facebook.

The ending of that epic story was a damn fucking shame. Even the fix for it. You can't make 50% of the last part about creating an alliance with the Geth, only to annihilate or enslave them with every possible ending. And that's only a tiny, oh so tiny bit of what was wrong with the endings.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

55. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 14:31 Quinn

Meh, they announced a PC release a long time ago. I have the impression they are working their arses off to optimize it for the PC. The fact that they release it for the PC at all -- don't forget that we're not entitled to it -- is something I'm happy with, not pissed. When they released the announcement, I know some of us thought "Yeah you better release it for the PC indeed! Oh, and FUCK YOU!" while others, like myself, thought "Yay!".

I had the impression you were generally against pre-ordering for obvious reasons, but it seems you simply feel like PC gamers somehow are entitled to a higher degree of respect and reverence, and because Rockstart didn't announce a PC release the moment they announced GTAV you feel angry and insulted. It's a position I don't share.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

53. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 12:28 Quinn

In CJ_Parker's defense... no matter how much he was trolling in his messages, lets get one thing straight: Pre-ordering is -- truly in every way -- a dumb thing to do, unless you like the bullshit bonusses that rock the games out of balance. It's nothing other than a mindfuck: People get excited with the prospect of a good game getting released, and in their boredom they irrationally pre-order it so they can kick back in their chair proudly and think "Fuck yeahhh, now it's official: I R gonna playz it!"

I challenge people to give a counter-argument.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. removed Feb 16, 2015, 06:31 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 16, 2015, 12:25.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 13:29 Quinn

nin wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 13:22:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 13:17:
Sad to see evolve at the top, all the videos I have watched of the game it looks very boring. Is anyone here playing it, have any input?

H1N1 has been selling more copies than evolve the past few days, which made me giggle. Right now, 6 other games are selling better. Hopefully those that bought into it now realize what a bad decision it was.

Bought the game out of boredom. At a birthday party now. I can tell you this: I haven't had this urge to go home and join my friend ingame for years. The game is a solid experience and great fun!

I am fully aware of what a hypocrite I am, however. A few days ago I was raging about how we all should boycot this game. What can I say... boredom makes me sell pieces of my soul every once in a while.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
29. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 14, 2015, 06:11 Quinn

I was in love with Just Cause 2. I never show any interest in demolition stuff in games -- I never use mines or bombs of any kind -- but somehow, in Just Cause 2, planting explosives and detonating them all at once, going from peace to total chaos in a second, was very addictive. I just couldn't stop blowing shit up!

Sadly I ruined it for myself by completing the main quest too soon. After that, I lose the will to continue playing. Just like that. Same goes for every Elder Scrolls game, too.

Edit: I only just now watched the trailer. WINGSUIT! FUCK YEAH

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
16. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 12, 2015, 21:42 Quinn

Let this be NWN 2015! Let this be NWN 2015!

Excited! I cannot get enough of Faerun / Forgotten Realms. It's the best most authentic fantasy setting I can think of. /love

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1743 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo