Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 936 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
56. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 04:01 Quinn

Beamer, is it just me or did you just passionately complain about a game you never played?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 19:29 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 17:53:
Please, everyone of you that bitches about PC, please uninstall all games, and throw your computer away. Please please. Please do us all the favor of never being on the internet again. Thank you.

...what? I can smell your brainfart from Delft, The Netherlands.

Nobody is complaining about the PC. The only things that are complained about are bad PC ports and the doubt GTAV will be released on the PC.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 17:10 Quinn

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 15:57:
Quinn wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 15:45:
This really isn't PC news yet, until it is. So I wonder when Blue decides whether it is and isn't.

*snip*
True pc only news sites are rare. *snip*

Case in point! That's why I hold Bluesnews in such high regards. It's the only PC game news site I've been visiting for the last 5+ years.

As for MP3, that's an entirely different story. MP1 and MP2's fanbase majority consisted of PC gamers. Not so with GTA. At all.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 15:45 Quinn

This really isn't PC news yet, until it is. So I wonder when Blue decides whether it is and isn't.

I, for one, am not that sure GTAV will come out to PC. To me, it's abundantly clear that RS has something against the PC. I'm sure they cursed the PC and it's community for the issues and complaints GTAIV had and got, ie.

Every time I read GTAV news on Bluesnews, it's a surge of false hope: I'm conditioned to consider Bluesnews' news to be PC news, and logically so.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 12:38 Quinn

When I read this news, I actually heard myself screaming "Noooooooo!" in my head.

Microtransactions T_T

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 22, 2013, 05:02 Quinn

"We're going to share that with fans very soon." Was a kick in the balls when it said freaking FALL 2014 at the end!

Can't wait to torture innocent people to find out if they caused the Tear! If they die after I slit their throat, they were probably innocent

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
61. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 22, 2013, 04:44 Quinn

There's allot of unnecessary elaboration on the idea of a subscription, in that yellow quote.

I'm thrilled about the news. I'm done with Free-To-Play MMORPGs. I know many think differently but I hated Guild Wars 2 and Neverwinter didn't have the element that made me jump back in.

Finally -- finally indeed! -- a dev kept his head out of his ass so there's another chance for a success of WoW-like proportions.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist; Day One Patch Released
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist; Day One Patch Released Aug 22, 2013, 04:04 Quinn

Apart from DRM issues, is the game any good? I've been expecting the game to be a decent balance between Chaos Theory and Conviction and I'm wondering if I'm right in that assessment!

On a vacation in Ireland atm so can't test the game myself. Looking forward to doing so when I'm back home! Also sad to hear the new Xcom game seems to suck..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month
10. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 16:22 Quinn

I love it that so many people here have such a possitive attitude toward Amnesia. I, too, found it the scariest game out there. When I describe the game to people, I always tend to start with "Playing that game wasn't like playing a game; it was preparing yourself mentally to survive the experience, and then holding your breath on the edge of your seat until you could take no more."

I'm looking forward to that same ritual again: Starting at night -- always at night! -- with lights out and headset on, reluctantly clicking that .exe in uncomfortable anticipation.

And now we have squeeling swine-men. *gnashing teeth* I hope I can keep my sanity...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief in February
25. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 15:41 Quinn

John wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 14:53:
Quinn wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 10:37:
They removed jumping!?!? My fucking goodness!!!! I'm not being sarcastic here. They removed jumping in a game where you're playing a nimble thief!? What if I wanna jump onto a certain object from higher ground for tactical reasons? It's taken away from me.
They didn't remove it completely.. It will just be limited so that you can only jump when there's something to jump to so you don't fall off of a building.

I get that, John. Honestly, I left that disclaimer out because it felt to logical to me.

Like the comment below already reads, they replaced jump with an action button. It's almost like Zelda: *something* of Time, but worse. In a stealth game, jumping is of utter importance. If you don't think about it, you can easily underestimate it's worth. Jumping can get you on any surface you wish, as long as you can somehow reach it; jumping can help to peek over a wall from a distance; jumping can land you onto the perfect position to, ie, land out of sight from higher up; jumping can help you traverse a small but hard surface (ie a metal tile) quickly and relatively silently; etc. etc. etc.

Now, jumping is replaced with climbing and landing on places the DEVELOPERS have decided you can. This is a broken and limiting thing. It's the complete fucking opposite with Dishonored's ability to jump+blink onto any possible surface! (..and that's the first compliment I've granted Dishonored in a long time..) Granted, it made Dishonored too easy, but that's beside the point.

I'm shocked they actually have the rope arrow! That was the biggest surprise.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 13:47 Quinn

StratX wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 13:35:
Best news I've read is that it won't be a Steam-only release.

Would someone be so kind as to explain to me what's wrong with STEAM(-only release)? Never having any issues with STEAM. It's my cosy little digital game library. <3

Matter of fact, if a game is NOT released on STEAM there's a huge chance I won't buy it, these days.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 10:42 Quinn

InBlack, Thief was always (semi)steampunk. Think Thief 2: Metal Age. It never got to too much retarded contraptions though. I'm personally ok with steampunk if it's in proper proportions. The Adventures of Van Helsing, for example, got wayyyy too steampunky for me at the.. was it the third chapter? Same with Dishonored. That wasn't medieval at all, but more like the early 1900's, with some crazy tesla shit included.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 10:37 Quinn

McSterls wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 10:20:
I'd think that this weeks negative previews of the game will hurt pre-sales. Not sure why they decided to remove jumping from the game, but big mistake.

They removed jumping!?!? My fucking goodness!!!! I'm not being sarcastic here. They removed jumping in a game where you're playing a nimble thief!? What if I wanna jump onto a certain object from higher ground for tactical reasons? It's taken away from me.

Fuck this game will suck...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Cinematic Trailer
11. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Cinematic Trailer Aug 14, 2013, 21:57 Quinn

Have you even played the earlier games, Creston?

Yes, it is harsh. But so was the Inquisition. Like every good fiction, it reflects on our history (or current age and moral dilemmas). Makes you think; gets you emotionally involved.

I didn't take you for a softy. May wanna skip on the third game or the entire franchise if you haven't touched it yet.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2013, 22:22.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Aug 14, 2013, 11:31 Quinn

pnag wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 10:24:
Personally, speaking as a European (Irish person, specifically) - I loved it, and many of my friends here did too.

Then you and I will have a conversation this weekend when I'm going to Ireland on vacation! *balls his fists in anticipation*

Just kidding xD

Mountains of Wicklow, Kilkenny, Ring of Kerry... Ireland, here we come! (second time I'm going. I fucking love your country.)

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Aug 14, 2013, 09:38 Quinn

Not crying about it, except if that's what you call being observant of one's surroundings.

Never been reluctant to admit that I am and prolly always will be surprised that this game is loved so much. What's one of the worst games you've ever played, Verno? If your answer is a game with a somehow similar appreciation as Dishonored, you might be able to tap into your humanity and understand the feeling.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Aug 14, 2013, 07:26 Quinn

Though I have to add, after some reflection, a big subjective gripe. I just didn't like the atmosphere at all. I'm all for steampunk if it's done right. This entire semi-ominous cheesiness that was Dishonored rubbed me the wrong way.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Aug 14, 2013, 05:57 Quinn

I know how you feel about it, Jerykk. And I understand! But to me, it's a classic case of quantity (gameplay styles) over qualtiy (gameplay). Why should I care that you can Force Push enemies and doors to pieces, if I wanna play as a thief or the other way around? Sure, the game reaches a broader audience but again, why should I care? I don't see it as a selling point.

I still think the game would have been that much better if it was able to focus soley on either stealth or action, but I mostly believe that because I found the stealth part extremely limited.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Aug 14, 2013, 03:39 Quinn

I yet have to find a Europian who likes Dishonored. All my friends, colleagues and acquaintences found the game as shallow and lifeless as me. This is either a sick coincidence, or something worth studying (since the americans tend to get arroused by the mere thought of the game), or ppl are just afraid to disagree with The Vince.

Whatever the reason, to me it has a sense of surrealism that this game is such a success while I'm getting a completely different vibe IRL.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs "The Dark Below"?
14. Re: Blizzard TMs Aug 13, 2013, 19:09 Quinn

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 17:16:
I think it makes the most sense as a WoW expansion. They have tried to have a unique theme for each one, and an entire expansion devoted to an "Underdark" theme would certainly make a lot of sense.

An Underdark theme would be really good. It would maybe get me back into the game. My wife will prolly stop talking to me during that entire period, which will be taken into account before I've made the decision.

Talking about the Underdark... I really hope a developer will dare venture into the Forgotten Realms (FAERŪN OFC!) again with a great RPG. NWN3, Menzoberranzan 2, whatever..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

936 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo