Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1134 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
53. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 18:54 Quinn

harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:24:
Squirmer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:36:
Oh, and there was a QTE in the livestream too. I thought they removed those, but the guy needed to TAP SQUARE to move a wooden beam that was blocking his path.

i think those segments of squeezing through an area and moving beams is the replacement for a loading screen... notice you cant see the level behind you or ahead of you until you make it through

seems to happen in multiple areas

Indeed, it's either that or it gives the player the sense of having mass. I love stuff like this, and I'd rather have some influence on the sequences instead of having the controls taken away from me entirely and it turning into a boring cutscene. Complain about QTE, sure. This has NOTHING to do with Quick-Time-Events. You don't have to "quick time" anything -- it's not like the beam will fall on your head if you don't press X at precisely fhe right time. When people start complaining about segments like these, they are searching so hard for stuff to moan about it's becoming irrational behavior.

The earlier comment about the pressure plate and lack of manual jumping... Now THAT's valid. I've kinda learned to accept the removal of manual jumping, but after said example I'm back on the boat of defiance. They removed manual jumping because a "master thief shouldn't be able to make a wrong jump". Now this "master thief" is too much of an idiot to realize he can by-pass a pressure plate simply hopping over it. It's exactly the sort of example I used in the discussions with Jerykk, and even then I thought the devs wouldn't be so stupid as to make an arm's length trap an actual obstacle for a guy who's not in a wheelchair.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
16. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 12:11 Quinn

My opinion has made a 180 once I had seen a 10+ minutes gameplay video of what seemed to be the final build.

This game will probably be awesome. I'm super excited. I got the game from an AMD coupon I bought from someone else. I simply can't wait to play it.

There also seems to be allot of mystical stuff going on in the game which is a great thing to realize. I thought they got away with that too, like they did with the Hammerites and the magical lights etc. In fact, mystisism obviously plays a major role in this game since Garrett is obviously possessed by some form of magic -- which gave him the Focus ability etc after the fall with Erin.

Yup. Seen enough gameplay and now being optimistic is simply being rational and realistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MefdILzzRvc

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sons of Anarchy Game Plans Redux
7. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game Plans Redux Feb 12, 2014, 11:36 Quinn

runnerct32 wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 10:41:
Verno wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 09:54:
Sutter has a history of bullshit and SOA has been garbage for awhile now so I can't say I care much about this.

I agree with you the show has jumped the shark

How did the show jump the shark? Did they trade in their bikes for jetpacks or something?

I watched all the seasons in "one sit" and the show held its pace and quality pretty well throughout.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sons of Anarchy Game Plans Redux
4. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game Plans Redux Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 Quinn

I can see Telltale Games doing something with this  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
38. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 12, 2014, 05:14 Quinn

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 22:24:
Quinn wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 17:14:
My favourite anti-hero is actually Loghain, from Dragon Age 1. You know, the guy that decided a tactical retreat was in order, which ended in the death of King Cailen and gray warden Duncan. Phenomenal anti-hero in the prequel book to Origins.

As for Garrett? He's been showing constant signs of being "not evil". In D&D terms he'd be somewhere between Neutral and Chaotic Good, I think.

Sadly that's not all Loghain did. He then pretended the entire thing was the Grey Wardens' fault, declared them outlaws, sent assassins after them, and really really REALLY tried his very best to kill the few people left alive that could actually stop the Archdemon. He also assassinated a few of the nobles who wouldn't fall in line, had one's son tortured in his dungeons to persuade the father to join up, and finally he threatened civil war against disobedient nobles, all while the fucking Blight was at his doorstep.

There wasn't much 'hero' about him. He was just an asshole out for power.

Haha, yup that sums the ingame Loghain up, I must admit. Although Jerykk's reply should be taken into account. The Loghain of the book was different. He'd go through fire for the then-king, Maric. Without Loghain Maric (and thus Cailen) wouldn't have lived long and those Orlais enemies would've claimed Ferelden. The Loghain in the book is a perfect example of a great anti-hero.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2014, 05:54.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 17:14 Quinn

My favourite anti-hero is actually Loghain, from Dragon Age 1. You know, the guy that decided a tactical retreat was in order, which ended in the death of King Cailen and gray warden Duncan. Phenomenal anti-hero in the prequel book to Origins.

As for Garrett? He's been showing constant signs of being "not evil". In D&D terms he'd be somewhere between Neutral and Chaotic Good, I think.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 13:28 Quinn

Tried installing the graphics update mod for Thief 1 gold (is that the dark mod? On phone atm and not sure). I couldn't get it to install properly in my Steam Thief directory. No idea what I did wrong and fuck me there's no proper manual for it. Can anyone help me? Feel like King Noob....  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
20. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:44 Quinn

BitWraith wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:31:
Slashman wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:25:
BitWraith wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:10:
How widespread are the issues? I have had none playing on pc (with a controller, admittedly)

Answered your own question perhaps?

No. It's not out of the realm of possibility for me to be in the minority to have zero issues. Hence the question, as I am ignorant to the situation.

They're talking about show-stopping bugs, not just the keyboard mouse stuff, if that's what you're referring to.

Same here. Played the game with M/KB without ANY bugs whatsoever. The only "issue" I have with the game is that it's not as PERFECTLY solid as the first 2. Example: sometimes it took some angle adjusting before I managed to grapple from one gargoyle to the next.

Yup. That's basically it. This game has been BASHED out of proportions and I quite honestly understand the "fuck this bullshit" attitude from the devs.

Play the game before you start saying meaningless shit like "glad I waited out on this game". Good chance you won't run into any bugs whatsoever.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
47. Off-topic Feb 9, 2014, 19:17 Quinn

Ppl should stop with EA as an abbreviation for Early Access. I mean come on, I can't be the first who's reading Electronic Arts at first! Tis how them brains work! xD Call it Erlax or something or I'm gonna provoke EA into starting a patent lawsuit...  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
24. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 9, 2014, 11:22 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 10:16:
siapnar wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 04:05:
This game looks fun, even if the overall concept has been done before

Yep and aren't almost all concepts done before. Like if not this what else? Another point and click? Another fantasy? Another ARPG? RPG? Sports Game? Another FPS? Another RTS? Another Turnbased?

If it's done well that is all that matters.

I agree with this.

However, I still wanna say zombies are something else due to their behavior ntheir behavior never changes and it shouldn't or they wouldn't be zombies. But that behavior of just running toward the player to eat him can only have so many improvements before its done "right". Add the perfect, realistic physics to an instable running maniac who can run toward the player in as straight a line possible and you're there. I think we're nearly there. That's why zombie games can get... well, boring. Another element is highly needed, and I'm not talking about crafting shit. I mean human/intelligent enemies as a primary focus, zombies as the nowhere-is-safe factor.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2014, 11:45.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
7. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 14:18 Quinn

Dying Light looks... well, in every way better than Dead Island. And that's coming from a guy that thinks any gamer with a slither of self-respect left wouldn't spend more than a few hours on Dead Island before coming to the Alt-F4 + Delete conclusion.

From the gameplay vids I've seen from Dying Light so far, I gotta say it looks promising and fun. The only crappy/boring part about zombies is that the only code the AI needs is "run to player in as straight a line as possible and beat him to death". In this way, I'm tired of zombie games. If, on the other hand, other human clans will be the real danger -- think The Walking Dead style -- then zombies can add a pretty interesting dimension to the battlefield.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
136. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 7, 2014, 17:03 Quinn

Assumed that's what you meant with Difficulty Mods. Although we are speaking of modifications, it makes little sense to call it mods though, with the gaming jargon and all.

It's a nice list of things you can change. It requires willpower, though. I've been playing Might & Magic X Legacy and that game is kinda hardcore like the games in the old days. The lack of quest hands-holding was something I really had to get used to again and I ended up Alt-Tabing to google stuff more often than I wanted. So, in THIEF, I'll probably leave the quest-markers open. BUT there's another, more important reason why I want quest markers: More often than not I've skipped content of a game because I accidently went into the right direction, triggering cutscenes and the likes which blocked me off from the path I took. Yup, definitely gonna have quest-markers for exactly that reason. Apart from that:

No health regen
No health- and focusbar
No enemy awareness warnings
More enemy damage (was that possible?)
And I think I'll remove the loot-flash
If it's possible I'll have the map have quest-markers but turn them off in the actual HUD and remove the minimap too.

Yeah, that'll be a nice setup.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

134. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 6, 2014, 13:26 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 12:30:
Like I said, it can collapse the game. The game is primarily about stealth, in Thief's case mostly to pick locks, pick pockets, and just steal stuff while sneaking. Of course there's also the part of knocking down guards and following a story, but if the actual stealing of stuff really has no point...? I need not elaborate further, I do hope.

There are plenty of things you can buy with money and money is acquired by stealing loot. There's also a difficulty mod that makes everything significantly more expensive, meaning that stealing becomes all that much more important.

We're both talking about the coming Thief game, yeah? For some reason you talk like you've already played the game and it's been out for a while in general. What mod are you talking about? You mean mod as in modification as in customization option in the difficulty settings? This or that, there's not much use of a mod if the game isn't balanced by itself regarding the loot and (xp)upgrades since you won't realize a possible imbalance until later in the game I think.

Prez wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 13:09:
When I game I really like to get into a role. So if the name of the game is "Thief", and I am playing the part of THE master thief Garrett, and there is a locked safe hidden in a mansion crawling with guards, that is all the motivation I need. I AM going to have the shiny!

With that I can actually relate -- the completionist that I am. I also know the statistics at the end of each level tell you how much percentage of the loot you managed to steal. That alone would sadly motivate me. Still, I'm hoping for proper motivation instead of the obsessive type.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

123. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 5, 2014, 16:22 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 14:20:
Quinn wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 12:34:
If there's no motivation to steal -- like there is no motivation to hunt in Far Cry 3 pretty short into the game -- the entire game can collapse. Luckily they made the smart choice to remove the retarded decision of XP killz, and instead made the actual worth of the stuff you steal be the Experience Points. Kudos.

Looking forward to the game, now. Allot.

If there's no motivation to steal, there will be motivation to do something. And if that something requires sneaking and is fun, then the game is fun.

Like I said, it can collapse the game. The game is primarily about stealth, in Thief's case mostly to pick locks, pick pockets, and just steal stuff while sneaking. Of course there's also the part of knocking down guards and following a story, but if the actual stealing of stuff really has no point...? I need not elaborate further, I do hope.

You're comparing it to the motivation to hunt in FC3, but that was such a tiny part of FC3 that, when the motivation ended, who cared? It was a minigame or a sidequest at best. In reality, it was more something to do while running from point A to point B.

In FC3 it didn't matter that much, of course. It did, however, kinda defeat the purpose of roaming around hunting beasts.

I wouldn't expect Thief to suck at its primary gaming function, much like FC3 didn't suck at killing people in beautiful scenery.

And that's what I'm hoping, too.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

118. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 5, 2014, 12:34 Quinn

Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 03:43:
Avoiding the current debate about Deus Ex versus Thief (both are absolute classics yet different in style), I'd rather address the unease I am feeling at reading the kind of negative overall response to the trailer. I absolutely loved Thief and Thief 2 is in the top 5 of my 'Best of All Time List', and to be honest, I thought the game in the trailer looked awesome (The graphics aren't nearly as far behind the times as the original Thief was when it was released so clearly the series is not about graphics). I am starting to worry I am somehow not discerning enough when it comes to games - am I one of those simpletons who is distracted by flashy trailers with cool little cinematic touches or something? I don't feel like a simpleton, but I can't help thinking that the game in the trailer looks fantastic, which leaves me wondering why I am at odss with the apparent majority who thinks this looks like a simple cash-in on the name. I just don't get it.

You're not a simpleton. I was Mr. Negative about this game. Calling Garrett a hobo on crack -- because that's still kinda what he looks like -- having kind of a lot of debates with Mr. Irrationally Optimistic, etc.

But, unlike many, I, like you, have changed by opinion after the latest videos that provided us with tons of gameplay footage. While I still disagree with many decisions, I can now say with as much conviction as the opposite team that this game will probably be very good fun.

My biggest concern is no longer about the removal of manual jumping (which I still think is completely retarded!). Now I must hope that the game provides enough motivation to steal! If there's no motivation to steal -- like there is no motivation to hunt in Far Cry 3 pretty short into the game -- the entire game can collapse. Luckily they made the smart choice to remove the retarded decision of XP killz, and instead made the actual worth of the stuff you steal be the Experience Points. Kudos.

Looking forward to the game, now. Allot.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

79. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 18:20 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 17:20:
Hard to know what is true...

One poster states it won't have anything magical.
Another shows a zombie.
Developer saying Thief will contain “mystical” elements, but no zombies.

Well we see something like zombies in the video. Who knows. Plenty of time to figure that out on release.

I'm not sure those were zombies. It's possible those were just lunatics, escaped from some asylum or released as "guard dogs". Then again, there's no doubt about it that there's some sort of magic in the game. We see blue fire crawling over the ground in the part where Erin falls to her death. There's also a less-than-a-second video footage in an earlier trailer of some cult leader (or something) with his eyes being literally on fire. Mystisism is still in there somewhere so zombies aren't a long shot away.

All in all, I've stopped writing THIEF off. Like Jerykk I've pre-ordered it (for less that 18 dollars on kinguin.net). My state of mind on the game? It's simply not a successor to the Thief franchise; just a new big title that's prolly gonna be allot of fun.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

67. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 16:30 Quinn

MajorD wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 11:56:
Quinn wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 11:53:
I hate Dishonored. Hate it. The protagnist; the story; the environment; even the graphics themselves -- all so very, very bland. Due to Dishonored, I now hate the entire setting and anything Tesla-inspired. Please don't let this be a Dishonored clone. Let the gameplay not be developed around killing stuff, while the game itself whispers in your ear you'd best play nice like that dumb shit of a game. There's so much wrong with Dishonored it all wants to come out at once.

Please. Not a Dishonored clone.

So, you didn't care for Dishonored?

Neh it was alright.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 11:53 Quinn

I hate Dishonored. Hate it. The protagnist; the story; the environment; even the graphics themselves -- all so very, very bland. Due to Dishonored, I now hate the entire setting and anything Tesla-inspired. Please don't let this be a Dishonored clone. Let the gameplay not be developed around killing stuff, while the game itself whispers in your ear you'd best play nice like that dumb shit of a game. There's so much wrong with Dishonored it all wants to come out at once.

Please. Not a Dishonored clone.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Next Walking Dead Chapter "Just Around the Corner"
3. Re: Next Walking Dead Chapter Feb 3, 2014, 17:15 Quinn

Not liking the Episode stuff in the end. It's always "too little too late". Basically always disappointed while I know it's actually great stuff.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 3, 2014, 02:00 Quinn

TR is a very good game. It's been on sale for between 6 and 8 euros / 9 dollars. Such a steal!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1134 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo