Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1742 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 19:32 Quinn

born2expire wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:22:
As much as Im digging PoE no mention of the Ranger pet bug? I've already been forced to start over (from lvl 5) and had to kill my Ranger in my 2nd play through.

Want to elaborate on that bug? If everyone's like you in thinking the other automatically knows about the bug, no shit there's no mention of it.

Having a good time with the game, though I find Chapter 2 remarkably less interesting. I never really like cities too much in these games -- because of all the walls of text every fucking NPC has in store for you and sidequest after sidequest around every goddamn corner -- and I've spent this entire day running back and forth in one. Give me wilderness, caves, unexplored vistas. Screw cities.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
55. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 19:01 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 17:18:
Quinn wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 09:42:
Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 01:42:
nin wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:31:
Ouch. Do not double click equipment until this is patched. Drag and drop.

Damn, that's a really irritating bug... I think I may just wait with playing until the next patch is out.

Motherfucker! I realized my Fighter suddenly got weaker. Started missing a lot more. Found out I'm a victim of this gamebreaker. Fuck me...

WWhich sucks, as I notice you have A LOT of time in the game already.

Yeah, 16 hours by now! Haven't rerolled yet either. I'm a Fighter, and although he tanks fairly well, his damage output is mediocre. I haven't found a strong enough weapon yet, I guess. Still, it's bizarre.. I gave my second tank a bow and instead of between 2 and 10 damage he now does between 12 and 20. I wonder why my sword&shield class just can't seem to do any proper damage...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
47. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 09:42 Quinn

Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 01:42:
nin wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:31:
Ouch. Do not double click equipment until this is patched. Drag and drop.

Damn, that's a really irritating bug... I think I may just wait with playing until the next patch is out.

Motherfucker! I realized my Fighter suddenly got weaker. Started missing a lot more. Found out I'm a victim of this gamebreaker. Fuck me...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
111. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 05:40 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 17:21:
Quinn wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 16:52:
You all know it's not really 2D for starters yeah? Look at the loading screens, they betray it. It's all 3d rendered 2d or however you call it in jargon terms.

Yeah, like BG1, BG2, IWD1, IWD2, Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil...

What are you even trying to say here? IE games are not 2D, they are tile-based 2.5D which is the point when when making an IE style game

Only thing I currently have to complain is the absolutely abysmal loading times on an SSD and no proper pre-caching of areas. This game pushes unity engine clearly into some areas where that engine has major issues.

Then I got that wrong! I could have sworn that in some trailer or preview it was advertised that the backgrounds were all handcrafted, 2D backgrounds -- imagine my surprise when I saw the loading screenshots of the areas obviously in 3D

And yeah I don't get those loading times. I hope they will improve!

Question: There are NPCs with yellow names, and you can reach out to their souls to read their history. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to WALLS OF TEXT and that's all I'm getting from reaching out. What's the point? It is all too much of personal nature to be good to read if you're interested in the lore, and it doesn't have anything to do with the main story. Will this change? :P

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2015, 06:03.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
88. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 16:52 Quinn

Good game. Having fun. Highly motherfucking overrated, though, and let me be the first to thrust that opinion into this.

You all know it's not really 2D for starters yeah? Look at the loading screens, they betray it. It's all 3d rendered 2d or however you call it in jargon terms.

Second, well... Let me change the conversation here and ask y'all enthusiasts: why does this game stand out in such a remarkable fashion? Seriously, to me it looks like HYPE gone to the highest level of insanity.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
4. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 27, 2015, 05:36 Quinn

I'm ridiculously excited. So excited that I first watched this video before finally starting on PoEt that's waiting in my STEAM library. Starting that one up now. Hope it's my thing.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
7. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 26, 2015, 11:23 Quinn

In a crazy impulse I gave in to the hype of PoEt and bought it for 28 euros.

Now I'm scared as hell. I'm afraid it's not my type of game...

Sword Coast Legends, however...! I. Am. In. LOVE! Cannot wait!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Lore Book
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Lore Book Mar 24, 2015, 19:44 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:20:
Elder Scrolls has some of the best lore ever invented for a computer game. Tamriel is rich and varied & much more interesting than a any generic fantasy world has any right to be. Some of the best fun Ive had playing Morrowind, Skyrim and the like is finding and reading an obscure book hidden somewhere in the world and learning a little bit more about its history, magic, and well...lore.

I dunno, while the lore is strong the fantasy setting itself is way more stale than the Forgotten Realms. I miss the variety. I mean.. Skyrim is BAM Nords. Morrowind is BAM Dark Elves. Caves are bears and trolls. Towers are skeletons and the occasional necromancer. TES is much more.. serious? But therefore also more boring.

I would kill puppies for a TES like game in the Forgotten Realms. Fluffy, dewy eyed puppies.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Documentary, Part 2
13. Re: Pillars of Eternity Documentary, Part 2 Mar 24, 2015, 03:39 Quinn

Argh I was doubtful all the time but as it neared release I had decided to buy it. Then I saw a 10 min gameplay video of Sword Coast Legends and it reminded me of what my type of CRPGs are -- more like NWN.

ESO doesn't help either. Having a BLAST again now that it's without subscription!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
77. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 23, 2015, 05:07 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 04:57:
saluk wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 15:48:
Got to love the community at blues that in a report that contains such hyperbole as "most exciting and overwhelming experiences I have experienced in my 33 years gaming life" that everyone jumps on "controller felt superior to playing with a mouse".

Don't y'all ever tire of being so predictable?

You mean because most people here are smart enough to distinguish between subjective hyperbole and an opinion that actually bears some relevance to the actual gameplay of said game??

Im guessing you will have to look up the meaning in many of the words in the above paragraph. Yeah. Don't let the door kick you in your behind on your way outa here. Ciao.

As I said before as well, he does make perfect sense. There's a journalist with 33 years of gaming experience saying this The Witcher 3 is one of the best games he has ever played. Instead of expressing some rational excitement to that, you guys jump on a preferable play style of the journalist.

I repeat, so that this undeniable logic may slow you whiners down for a second: I'm sure thousands of people claim the Batman Arkham series play better with a controller, but I scoff at them in disbelief -- for someone who hates controllers and excells in controlling the M/KB, there is nothing to automatically worry about when a gamepad gamer expresses he likes playing with the gamepad more.

"MOST EXCITING AND OVERWHELMING EXPERIENCES I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY 33 YEARS GAMING LIFE", people.

One more time, in case your raging, bloodshot eyes still see the controller comment:

"MOST EXCITING AND OVERWHELMING EXPERIENCES I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY 33 YEARS GAMING LIFE".

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 22:06 Quinn

descender wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 20:12:
I have not seen a positive review on it yet.

Almost every review of "Reign of Kings" is positive, and it's 3:1 positive on Steam user reviews.

What the fuck has become of the PC gaming community. Motherfucking hell. And fuck me lets whine about how one journalist expressed his subjective opinion that he prefers playing The Witcher 3 with a controller. C'mon, lets horde that thread some more after we're done dry-humping the shit out of a pile of shite like Reign of Kings -- cause it's indie! w00t!

*Grumpy heads to bed*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

55. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 23:09 Quinn

The gamepad vs M/KB really is the topic of the day, isn't it? Such a waste of time. For people who are as used to a controller as M/KB, the statement from the journalist may be interesting. To people like me, who couldn't hit a building with a shotgun when using a controller, the statement can be ignored entirely because it has no meaning. Does he mean that it plays better on a controller ERGO the controls suck with M/KB? No. He doesn't.

As for those who take that part of the journalist's opinion and ignore the "best experience in 33 years" by saying they "won't buy this console port", I can only say: 1. You are insane. 2. Your loss.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

30. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 13:09 Quinn

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:51:
I don't really see the issue with a third-person game being better on a controller. Everything feels much tighter as far as button spacing is concerned.

Such subjective bs anyway. Most ppl argue that Batman's Arkham games play better with a controller also. Heh, I wanna see them try circling the camera like I do during combat.

It's a bs statement and I couldn't care less for it because without even having played the game yet, I know it's not the case for me.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

26. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 20, 2015, 22:04 Quinn

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 19:13:
Better looking than anything since NwN for DnD, lets hope they do it justice again after all these years...

Right?!

My god I'm in love. Just waiting for Q3 2015 hurts!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 20, 2015, 10:29 Quinn

As I said here, can't wait! Excited as hell.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
58. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 20, 2015, 04:55 Quinn

I dunno, but my enthusiasm has shifted to another game. For me, this looks so.. SO much more interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiZGWeGxVI

I just watched it. It's a 10 mins First Look on Storm Coast Legends. I swear, I have that warm fuzzy feeling in my chest now. I'm in love.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

50. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 14:02 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 13:16:
Quinn wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:23:
Flo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:11:
InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:25:
I kind of ignored the development of this, lets hope it turns out better than Divinity. Divinity had some great combat mechanics but the story and characters were bland sauce, couldnt keep my attention for that long.
Sadly, I agree.

Pretty much yeah.. decent combat, but barely ok story and really not ok characters. A complete lack of character growth, characterization and interactions between characters. Even the dialog between characters seemed generic and inconsequential... but at least it was a decent RPG... in a way.

I agree, too. I hope PoEt won't be for hardcore CRPG players only. I sucked at Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale horribly. Ten years ago I couldn't even get past the first encounters. I tried the BG remake and I made it about 3 to 4 hours into the game before the enemies were really gaining the advantage. For some reason there's a line to be drawn for me, and BG/Icewind Dale is too hardcore.

I hope this is more toward Neverwinter Nights / Divinity OS but I doubt it :\

Anyone got something to say on this matter whom have played PoEt or know a lot about it?

As Futurama would say: You're bad and you should feel bad

My experience with the beta is that its difficult but fair, much like the games you mentioned. If you did poorly at old CRPGs then I doubt you will fare any better here. It doesn't sound like these games are for you.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with patience and the degree of how much you care. I understand the concept of requirements to ware certain armors or use certain spells, but -- while I cannot remember the details -- if I remember correctly in those games it wasn't just Strength or Intel but a whole bunch of other shit that wouldn't make sense to anyone who hadn't sat on a D&D table or devoured the manual.

Neverwinter Nights was more forgiving. For instance, back then I didn't really know or cared what AC stood for and only years later I realized D stood for dice. I loved NWN however, and while I'm sure my characters weren't perfect builds, I didn't get butchered.

Someone earlier mentioned that PoEt's gear system is kind of what the average gamer is used to. No crazy D&D rules I liked the news. I'm definitely not writing this one off.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

46. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 10:48 Quinn

Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 10:14:
There are plenty of other games on the market for people who want a lite RPG experience and not many games like BG/IWD for people who don't mind a bit of complexity and depth. People kickstarted this because its a spiritual successor to those games, that's what its going to be.

It's not like I was starting a debate here, so don't pretend I did.

Anyway, good to know. I'll give it a try anyway because it does look good! I'll just keep my expectations realistically low for a gamer like meself.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
24. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 18, 2015, 10:45 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:12:
Quinn wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 17:09:
Noob question: Is PoE part of the Forgotten Realms? Please say yes (unless it's a lie).

No. Obsidian, as far as I know, has no rights to use Forgotten Realms or any other flavor of D&D/AD&D for PoEt (PoE = Path of Exile!)

It's definitely more than just a tip of the hat to D&D style rulesets and lore though. Personally I'm glad they aren't tied down by any WotC or any other company's lore, but I can get the argument for a game like this being based in an established universe that people love, too.

I have faith that Obsidian's writing ability is good enough to build a new universe that's still entertaining and usable, game-wise.

Ah! Well, the setting is very similar so that's alright! Too bad, but all right. I'm a 29 year old Drizzt fan so a real sucker for Forgotten Realms games =)

I got caught in the current of the enthusiasm on this page. Watched more videos. Gief!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

43. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 09:44 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:23:
Flo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:11:
InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:25:
I kind of ignored the development of this, lets hope it turns out better than Divinity. Divinity had some great combat mechanics but the story and characters were bland sauce, couldnt keep my attention for that long.
Sadly, I agree.

Pretty much yeah.. decent combat, but barely ok story and really not ok characters. A complete lack of character growth, characterization and interactions between characters. Even the dialog between characters seemed generic and inconsequential... but at least it was a decent RPG... in a way.

I agree, too. I hope PoEt won't be for hardcore CRPG players only. I sucked at Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale horribly. Ten years ago I couldn't even get past the first encounters. I tried the BG remake and I made it about 3 to 4 hours into the game before the enemies were really gaining the advantage. For some reason there's a line to be drawn for me, and BG/Icewind Dale is too hardcore.

I hope this is more toward Neverwinter Nights / Divinity OS but I doubt it :\

Anyone got something to say on this matter whom have played PoEt or know a lot about it?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1742 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo