Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 934 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
28. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 16:33 Quinn

MattyC wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 14:22:
Quinn wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 12:43:
But it could've lasted for a whole while longer if they didn't go in the direction of fat-fuck pandas and beer elementals...

I am guessing you didn't actually play MoP. It was easily the best WoW expansion since TBC.

It all bottles down to opinions. Considering the statistics of today, I don't think I'm in the minority with how I felt about the expansion. Of course it also had allot to do with the simplification of the gameplay. And yes, I've played the expansion. Maybe the game got better further in but the pandas and beer elementals and rolling beer kegs failed to keep me hanging on.

Imo, the best WoW was a year or so after vanilla.. and then WotLK.

*sigh* this or that, gotta thank Blizz for the joy they gave me. Some ppl look back at their youth and think of crazy nights, great one-night-stands and an awesome real life social life. I look back at my (very late) youth with a content warm smile and see Karazhan, PvP at Zoram Strand, Dark Shore, Molton Core and great laughs with fantastic people all over Europe. <3

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
12. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 12:43 Quinn

But it could've lasted for a whole while longer if they didn't go in the direction of fat-fuck pandas and beer elementals...  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Sep 11, 2013, 18:13 Quinn

I was afraid Amnesia 2 would have a hard time being better and scarier than Outlast (although that game misses the dynamic spawn/disappear idea the monsters in Amnesia 1 had). However, after about an hour or two into Outlast, it has become significantly less scary.

I haven't played Amnesia 2 yet but from the 2 or 3 comment's I've read about it, it's not as scary and good as Amnesia 1. It really killed my mood. I was realllly looking forward to this game and I'm getting it for my birthday party this friday. Dang I'm gonna try not to get any more biased and just see for myself! I mean.. how the hell can angry swines NOT be shit-scary!?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
4. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Sep 10, 2013, 08:00 Quinn

I'm guessing that was no official vid?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2013, 17:50 Quinn

Anyone here who loved Amnesia? Buy Outlast!

The game is FUCKING. AWESOME! in a FUCKING. SCARY! kinda way! I can't believe nobody mentioned the game yet. It's actually so good, good looking and scary, that I hope Amnesia 2 won't be overshadowed by it...!

Great game if you wanna get uncomfortably scared. Playing this game gets my adrenaline pumping so much I'll actually be losing weight.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer
19. Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer Sep 7, 2013, 22:17 Quinn

The games you put in the AC combat list really aren't as ridiculous as AC, Spectralmeat.

Batman's combat system motivates you to be the attacker. Same with Sleeping Dogs, really.

However, after AC1 they did improve the combat system in a sense that retaliation didn't mean insta-kill. Neither does it feel as good as Batman's combat, though.

The main issue here is that you actually CAN compare it with Batman and Sleeping Dogs. They took the "assassin" concept from behind and thrusted their cock in it's ass. Ass as in assassin's ass.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
53. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 20:52 Quinn

Flatline wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 16:14:
Quinn wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 14:42:
siapnar wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 11:08:
I think all the money, regardless of the amount, should be used solely for streamlining and improving the original game design, rather than adding things on. Make it the best possible game of it's kind, never mind to extended ideas and added on stuff.

I definitely disagree with this. To me, space combat can only get so good. I'm not saying I've seen the "perfect" space sim yet -- not at all!

But no matter how good the space sim is, the illusion of actually flying in the awesome vastness of the universe is quickly removed by the realization of it being nothing but a few 3D models surrounded by a high-rez texture that's "the infinity of space". Adding depth to this by making planets to land on, with FPS content, makes the magic that much more magnificent. To complain about it is to complain about a loving relationship with your partner containing sexual intercourse. w00t!

And running around in a high rez background box with a few 3d models and high rez textures in FPS mode changes all of that?

Um... okay...

You can't see the difference between running around in a 3D (level designed) map and an empty space with some 3D space ships?

Of course, in the end it's all virtual reality. If you don't have the mental capacity to understand my point, I will not waste my time to elaborate.

Again, space sims can be awesome. Space sims that add a certain amount of depth with the ability of entering the atmostphere of certain planets? That's a whole new kinda awesome.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
27. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 14:42 Quinn

siapnar wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 11:08:
I think all the money, regardless of the amount, should be used solely for streamlining and improving the original game design, rather than adding things on. Make it the best possible game of it's kind, never mind to extended ideas and added on stuff.

I definitely disagree with this. To me, space combat can only get so good. I'm not saying I've seen the "perfect" space sim yet -- not at all!

But no matter how good the space sim is, the illusion of actually flying in the awesome vastness of the universe is quickly removed by the realization of it being nothing but a few 3D models surrounded by a high-rez texture that's "the infinity of space". Adding depth to this by making planets to land on, with FPS content, makes the magic that much more magnificent. To complain about it is to complain about a loving relationship with your partner containing sexual intercourse. w00t!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer
16. Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer Sep 6, 2013, 18:23 Quinn

I remember them promoting AC1 as some sort of stealthy game. Took a few awkward minutes of gameplay to realize it was something else entirely.

And it's like that with the entire franchise. The gripe I have with it is that you can basically take down an entire fucking city of guards with this combat mechanism. "Everyone attacking at once" would be a fuck, but think less radical. How about a second (and sometimes third?) attacker, making you want to keep changing position accordingly? That would ask for some skill, at least..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 13:17 Quinn

Blacklist is an alright game. However, what I realize in every stealth game lately is that they are broken and too easy. The major culprit is, actually, the "press [X] for successful takedown" button. Sadly, every stealth game seems to have that feature these days.

What I've also come to realize while playing Blacklist is that an even easier and more broken option is ghosting. "What!?" Yes, ghosting. I've literally ran (albeit crouched) through CHUNKS of levels while ghosting. All you need is timing; adaption; expertise in controlling Sam Fisher. The majority of the times I failed ghosting were because of Magnet Fisher. Sam Fisher is a tad too eager to stick onto objects and too reluctant to unstick. Fucking annoying.

Still a good game considering.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
19. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 1, 2013, 16:23 Quinn

I'm concerned for the gamers who are late at the party. When this game is released, there will be allot of little investors with bad ass motherfucking ships! (BAMS!)

I'm one of those people who doesn't pay for anything unless he knows exactly what he's paying for, so I won't get any of those boons. I'm afraid that this will have a serious impact on the gameplay experience.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lost Planet 3
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Lost Planet 3 Aug 31, 2013, 17:23 Quinn

Like EVERY. SINGLE. CONSOLE GAME this game shows a great and astonishing amount of character at first, but soon after shows it's shallow fucking crap in the form of cutscenes introducing new enemies and a gameplay machenic you've fully explored in the first 5 minutes.

I spit on consoles. I spit on console games.

My hate is renewed. Thank you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Aug 31, 2013, 13:02 Quinn

Jackplug wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 02:31:
They dont give a shit whether they make a pc version or not, cos they know for a fact they are gonna sell millions!!

I just hope it gets hacked to fuck for the xbox and copied by the millions!!

It's common reasoning that, to be a company, you can never have enough profit. It's because of this that I don't think yours is a valid reason why they may not release the game for the PC. As a human being, I agree with your reasoning, and nearly make the mistake to fear the same thing. But companies aren't human beings. They're gluttonous abominations.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November
17. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 31, 2013, 09:05 Quinn

Domgrief wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 23:37:
Quinn wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 21:25:
Off-topic: Since we're talking about an ancient game here, let's go further back. Does anyone know the name of the sidescroller where you were a guy (I think named Dave?) fighting monsters? The most memorable thing for me was the part where, if you died, a small window showed exactly how brutally he died. ie, getting his head bitten off by a werewolf. Can't remember the title and for some weird reason it's nagging at me lately..

Do you mean Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion?

You may recognise the names of some of the developers of the game: John Romero, John Carmack, Adrian Carmack, Tom Hall.

Haha, great! Thanks! It wasn't that game I played but Dangerous Dave's Risky Rescue, it seems!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November
5. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 30, 2013, 21:25 Quinn

Hmm, I've bought and played the new BG1 edition and the game aged like raw chicken in the sunlight. While the graphics and gameplay are a thing of the past that I gladly leave behind, it did give me the urge to replay NWN 1 and 2.

Off-topic: Since we're talking about an ancient game here, let's go further back. Does anyone know the name of the sidescroller where you were a guy (I think named Dave?) fighting monsters? The most memorable thing for me was the part where, if you died, a small window showed exactly how brutally he died. ie, getting his head bitten off by a werewolf. Can't remember the title and for some weird reason it's nagging at me lately..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragons of Elanthia Announced
4. Re: Dragons of Elanthia Announced Aug 30, 2013, 05:11 Quinn

I want a new Drakan I miss Rynn and Arokh  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Aug 29, 2013, 14:52 Quinn

Just me or was this one hell of an underwhelming "official trailer"?

Also, it streamed like solid shit.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lost Planet 3
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Lost Planet 3 Aug 28, 2013, 10:04 Quinn

Fixed myself a "demo" that I'll try out later today.

I'm not going to pay 50 bucks before I know what I can expect. Like the demo-providers often say "If you like the game, BUY IT!", which is a motto I hold dear.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
56. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 04:01 Quinn

Beamer, is it just me or did you just passionately complain about a game you never played?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
39. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 19:29 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 17:53:
Please, everyone of you that bitches about PC, please uninstall all games, and throw your computer away. Please please. Please do us all the favor of never being on the internet again. Thank you.

...what? I can smell your brainfart from Delft, The Netherlands.

Nobody is complaining about the PC. The only things that are complained about are bad PC ports and the doubt GTAV will be released on the PC.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

934 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo