Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1072 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
34. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 22, 2013, 04:48 Quinn

My yeah that's what TWD needs and it would fit in the budget. Season 1 Episode 2 of TWD Telltale game's setting crawled up my spine. I just knew something was off.. And then near the end I just barely managed to prevent Clem from eating the human meat..!

Lets see where the second half of the tv season brings us. Not really excited, though. What I am excited about is Ep 2 of Clem's story!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 20, 2013, 20:12 Quinn

It's the vibe I'm getting from it too, yeah. When my cousin and I get started bitching about TWD, the first thing that comes up is the prison. What they somehow failed to realize is that prisons in movies and series are only so interesting because of the hostile environment an actual pre-apocolypse prison represents. In this TWD setting, it's just gray walls and a decor that bores the living shit out of you 2 hours into it.

You know, sometimes I wonder why Rick and the crew don't just stumble upon a pilot and a co-pilot who happen to have a working airplane and they just fly to new zealand, zimbabwe or tibet or something. It would be a nice change of pace and scenery

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 20, 2013, 12:34 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 09:49:
Quinn wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 08:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 05:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 16:00:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:21:
"We ARE the Walking Dead!" - Rick

When it comes to acting and story that's certainly true

Yeah...that was from the comic.

Is it less filler heavy than the show? Never read it

I haven't read it eather but according to my brother in law the comics are even more graphic and unforgiving. Edit: oh wait, that wasn't your question. Forget what I said.

Hehe, well after the telltale Walking Dead games I have a hard time finding Walking Dead (TV) interesting anymore. Carl and Rick just aren't a very dynamic duo. And the rest of the crew is boring.... now with Herschel dead I am thinking about not watching it anymore to begin with. That dude was the only one I still liked, and the Redneck looks like he'll be leaving soon.... and then it's just Rick.. Rick more Rick.. and Rick... I don't like Rick. ~.~

Lol, I couldn't agree more. Thank god the governor is dead, too, if you ask me. He had enough screentime in Season 3. The 2 eps that were all about him in Season 4 nearly made me quit watching the series before the midseason finale.

The death of Hershel kinda shocked me. Rick did his speech, the gov slowly lowered the sword and then I knew "Hershel's done for." I told my wife in this jedi-premonition-kinda way. :'(

The fillers in the TV show tire me. Almost every episode, there are scenes that could be deleted or cut shorter without the episode losing context. The entire episode with the gov just stumbling upon a family of lovely women and a dying man was so forced and *yawn*..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 20, 2013, 08:14 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 05:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 16:00:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:21:
"We ARE the Walking Dead!" - Rick

When it comes to acting and story that's certainly true

Yeah...that was from the comic.

Is it less filler heavy than the show? Never read it

I haven't read it eather but according to my brother in law the comics are even more graphic and unforgiving. Edit: oh wait, that wasn't your question. Forget what I said.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 19, 2013, 10:55 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:51:
Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:41:
Couldn't agree more with you on all accounts there. I also think I made a bad decision when I did a pinky swear on the friendship promise. After I heard that doctor guy warn Clem that his daughter isn't really right in the head. Good chance she'll go psycho on Clem sooner or later...

The ending felt kinda forced. "Lets blame the little girl who really couldn't have done shit to help Pete and have her look frightened around her before the screen goes black!" Actually.. that's something that felt kinda wrong anyway... the adults often acted like they were talking to a grown up strong fat bear of a man instead of a little girl. I just shook that off with the thought that everybody got hardened to a point there's little humanity left to cling to.

I think more than that is behind it. They are probably scared out of their minds behind the scenes, and act tough/defensive because of it, don't get attached etc or they have a HUGE secret. And we haven't yet seen what their "backstory" is. Something drastic must have happened before Clementine got there or they'd not be in a shooting match with "Carver's group"

To gauge your humanity -> Did you give him water or not? ^^ Actually, what did you think about that choice? I thought it felt kinda weird there was absolutely nay resolution to that.

We may say that we'd act differently than these people, but I don't think we'd live 2 years into the zombie apocalypse ^^ Means 2 years without coffee.

Yup definitely something horrible happened in the history of the group! It adds that extra ominous feel. Very good! I like ominous!

And yeah, I gave the guy water. How I tend to feel and think when I watch/play stories like these post-apocolyptic ones... is that no matter how bitter and bad people around me become, I should never become one of them. Really, all that's worth surviving for is the humanity within us. If that's gone, you're nothing but an empty shell doing evil shit. What's the point of surviving when you've already become a zombie?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 15:41 Quinn

Couldn't agree more with you on all accounts there. I also think I made a bad decision when I did a pinky swear on the friendship promise. After I heard that doctor guy warn Clem that his daughter isn't really right in the head. Good chance she'll go psycho on Clem sooner or later...

The ending felt kinda forced. "Lets blame the little girl who really couldn't have done shit to help Pete and have her look frightened around her before the screen goes black!" Actually.. that's something that felt kinda wrong anyway... the adults often acted like they were talking to a grown up strong fat bear of a man instead of a little girl. I just shook that off with the thought that everybody got hardened to a point there's little humanity left to cling to.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 15:10 Quinn

Finished the episode! That was good! Too short, of course, but I think I'd never get enough of games like these if they were a lifetime of length anyway.

Er34s3r, who did you choose at the end and why? I chose Nick because Pete seemed to have been bitten, and although I liked Pete's character.. there's something "broken but fixable" about Nick which drew me to his character even before I had to make a choice.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 07:57 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 07:37:
Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 06:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 20:22:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 19:58:
Good so far, but...

That dog.. that stitching scene... bloody hell.... these people are monsters. Poor clem

I entered this thread to mention exactly that. The twitching seen... can I say they kinda gone "too far"? Well, this or that, they went too far for my standards. I felt so horribly uncomfortable at that moment :\ Also, I guess, because I was so excited to see we went from Lee being a "caretaker" for Clem.. to Clem being a "caretaker" for the dog. That would've had potential. It's what made Season 1 so strong.

And that's exactly why they did kill that dog and have it cause these drastic consequences, it is a sign that if Clementine is too quick to trust anyone or anything she will get hurt badly. It would have otherwise oozed you into a feeling of security that they smartly avoid whenever possible. This is the sign of a good (Survival) story, it constantly pushes and nudges at your feeling of established security. And as a little girl, she has no way to physical overcome every danger nor the adversity of other humans.

The first episode in season 2 did something that very rarely comes up nowadays when you see Zombie stuff, it makes you think. Would you believe the story of Clementine, 2 years after apocalypse? Would you let her in a house with a pregnant women and a child that is mentally retarded/sheltered? I'd like to believe in a situation like that, humanity in me would prevail, I'd take her in, do stitching and cleaning and bandaging, and then sit at her side the entire time to make sure she doesn't turn.

But.... would you still do that after 2 years of fight for survival and many bad experiences?

to me, Episode 1 was a sign of greatness... at least, when compared to the TV show. (Which is abysmally boring nowadays)

Ps.: But I won't lie, the suturing made me feel very queasy. But it had to be done, if she had not done she would have died.

(Science) Surturing, how to clean wound, how to do it right
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/surgery/training/technical-training/suturing-basics/

That said, the way the game showed it.. was how a little girl would apply half knowledge she never had to practically apply before.. she also forgot to sterilize the needle.... and sterilizing the wound with what she used was the wrong way to go about it, Saline solution is used to clean wounds, Hydrogen peroxide is used to clean surface, not wound. Using Peroxide likely inhibits healing.... I wonder if the developers had medical advise on that one.

I stopped reading your spoilers just in time I only just got put in the shed, mate

I completely agree with you regarding the dog stuff, btw. Although I was disappointed, I completely understood the idea behind the dog going mental, clem trusting him too soon and ending up hurt etc. It was perfection, like you said. Still... the thrashing dog was... graphic. So much detail... the sounds he made.. the can he kicked away while thrashing... the way his eyes were rolled back and his tongue was out.... Ugh, horrible.

Can't wait to continue the story!! Ofc I know the episode will be too short.. as I experienced with The Wolf Among Us. I played TWD S01 when all 5 eps were out. I personally hate this episodic stuff. With a passion, actually. It's only due to a shear lack of willpower that I couldn't wait to continue Clem's story..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 06:14 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 20:22:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 19:58:
Good so far, but...

That dog.. that stitching scene... bloody hell.... these people are monsters. Poor clem

I entered this thread to mention exactly that. The twitching seen... can I say they kinda gone "too far"? Well, this or that, they went too far for my standards. I felt so horribly uncomfortable at that moment :\ Also, I guess, because I was so excited to see we went from Lee being a "caretaker" for Clem.. to Clem being a "caretaker" for the dog. That would've had potential. It's what made Season 1 so strong.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow
15. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow Dec 17, 2013, 04:57 Quinn

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 00:12:
Quinn wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 19:00:
It's been a very long time last I just didn't see that coming. Even though the game was almost too long! It was the ending that made me realize the story wasn't written that well. No, I lie. I realized it earlier when I noticed hardly any face stuck and I didn't know who was who after half of the campaign, and then.. after my last assassination that wasn't in the Observatory, Kenway talks to the victim and said "You've made my life miserable once, now I came back to haunt you" or something remotely similar. All I thought due the entire sequence was "who the fuck is this guy!?".

You mean scarface guy? Woodes Rogers? Or the old guy? They're both the main templar adversaries, and Woodes Rogers is essentially the guy who ends Nassau's independence.

I actually thought the revelation that (spoilers!) Roberts/the Sage was also 'John from IT' and appears to be one of the Precursor race was pretty awesome.

I mean the guy in the heavy armor near the end. Was that scarface guy? I heard he survived your first assassination but I somehow missed it was him in the heavy armor I was tailing? Funnily it was Woodes Rogers, the old guy and Roberts that I did remember.

Also, did you guys think the writing missed some potentially more sentimental stuff because there wasn't really a connection between Kenway and other characters? I know Kenway had a life before the part where our story with him begins, but seriously.. when Black Beard dies, I didn't really give a shit, for example :\

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow
10. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow Dec 16, 2013, 19:00 Quinn

I quit playing yesterday as I left the animus through script, ad I thought it was a nice checkpoint to call it a day. I went back in today, hacked some stations, went back in the Animus, got a cutscene and BOOM! Credits!

Minor spoilers inc:
It's been a very long time last I just didn't see that coming. Even though the game was almost too long! It was the ending that made me realize the story wasn't written that well. No, I lie. I realized it earlier when I noticed hardly any face stuck and I didn't know who was who after half of the campaign, and then.. after my last assassination that wasn't in the Observatory, Kenway talks to the victim and said "You've made my life miserable once, now I came back to haunt you" or something remotely similar. All I thought due the entire sequence was "who the fuck is this guy!?".

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
37. Re: On Sale Dec 16, 2013, 09:52 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 05:46:

If you dislike 2D side-scrollers, the best thing you can do is simply not buy them. If enough people stop buying them, developers will stop making them. However, the fact that developers continue to make them shows that people do buy them and that wouldn't happen if there was no interest. You, Quinn and Burrito are the vocal minority in this particular case.

In all honesty, this is what bothers me. This is why I'm expressing myself the way that I did. It's more of a rant than a valid argument, and I know this. My rant is that I can't stand the fact that people get a hard-on for that pathetic shit like Hack'n'Slash. It's the lack of understanding, maybe -- that shear, shear difference of opinion -- that makes my temper switch from cool and collected to hot and enraged. Why? Because it effectively tells developers and publishers that going out of their way to make a beautiful, long game with a great presentation really isn't worth the time, money and risk! It's this fear + the fact that I experience a lack of AAA releases.

Jerykk, I can't by the life of me "win" this discussion from you because you're absolutely right: I just don't like the 2D platformers or whatever you'd call this new early 90's nintendo hype that crawls back from an ancient pit. Yet I'm being pummeled to death by those games these days while I'm hungry for some awesome titles with a minimum quality comparable to.. say, Tomb Raider 2013.

On a side note, it seems like presentation is more important to you than either gameplay or story. That's the only reason I can think of as to why you'd neglect to mention Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, The Banner Saga, Shadowrun Returns: Berlin, Shroud of the Avatar, etc, in your list of anticipated RPGs. All of them have the potential to be fantastic RPGs with deep gameplay and engaging stories but because they don't have AAA graphics, they apparently don't count.

You're right. Presentation means A LOT to me. Without it, I cannot get immersed to the extend that I want to be immersed. My strong love for PC gaming as a hobby is because of immersion: I want to disappear into the world of the game I'm playing and become the character I play. It's a reason I don't like consoles -- the controls and the living room environment block the proper immersion I desire to achieve. While I honestly didn't like Shadowrun Returns AT ALL.. I don't yet how I feel about the other titles you mentioned. Pillars of Eternity looks promising but, if I may steal Er34s3r's words, it scratches a different itch than the 3rd person RPG's like DA and TW do.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 15, 2013, 18:46 Quinn

I don't mind being a loner, but it does feel good to see someone who gets my point.

And Jerykk, obviously you're a guy who can get excited with "2D platformers". I also rememer your ecstatic words about Mark of the Ninja. That's all fine, of course, but to me it leaves me as cold as ice. I play games for two reasons: Gameplay & Story. If either or both of those two fail, my goal for playing the game cannot be achieved: Immersion. You can talk about different mechanisms or what not, but the "indie crap" I'm referring to can't -- in any way! -- give immersion. It's arcadey like that. I'd enjoy that shit in an arcade hall after I've had a few beers with my manly friends.

About the AAA titles you mentioned: Except for Black Flag I've finished those I care for and they've been somewhat forgettable. But this or that, the reason I'm now making this noise is because *something* changed. Games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age and The Witcher... Where the fuck are they? There's 2 with such potential coming in late 2014. Two. This Steam christmas sale will be zerged with that "2D platformer" crap, I tell you, and then some old shit we could've gotten in the sale of 2012. That's my alarmbell ringing. That's why I'm expressing my unsatisfaction. Although the 2 causes don't necessarily correlate, AAA titles gave way to crappy platformers and I don't like this development I'm seeing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Dec 15, 2013, 05:17 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 03:22:
Quinn wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:44:
Good to see crappy game developers being axed. The bureau was a JOKE! A silly, stupid, dumb joke.

Now, if all this new simple indie crap stops ZERGING Steam by the fucking day, I'm a happy chap. Let the age of indie enthousiasm die out and I'm ecstatic (seriously, I havent seen so many SHIT pop up in the Steam store EVER! It's like I'm watching PC gaming as I loved it simply DIE without any of mu fellas seeing it)

PS: Last rant has nothing to do with The Bureau ofc.

Not sure if you realize but all that "indie crap" has been around for a while. It just hasn't been on Steam. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Choice has always been a strength of PC gaming. Why would you want to remove it?

I would've agreed with you if the main page of the Steam store wasn't being took over. Seriously, I check the store these days and I see nothing other than those dumb little simple indie games that lack the immersion I chose to be a PC gamer for. That's not all. You've seen the last sale? Normally I couldn't wait for the new batch of sales coming in every few hours. Now not anymore, because 80% of it is this crappy indie shit going from 8,- for 4,50.

I just don't like what I'm seeing. Too little big, inmersive titles coming out. Too much of the same, simple, unimpressive arcady shit coming out. Bah.

Choice is fine, as long as ignoring that side-scrolling childsplay bullshit doesn't mean I'm out of choice.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2013, 05:28.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 14, 2013, 15:44 Quinn

Good to see crappy game developers being axed. The bureau was a JOKE! A silly, stupid, dumb joke.

Now, if all this new simple indie crap stops ZERGING Steam by the fucking day, I'm a happy chap. Let the age of indie enthousiasm die out and I'm ecstatic (seriously, I havent seen so many SHIT pop up in the Steam store EVER! It's like I'm watching PC gaming as I loved it simply DIE without any of mu fellas seeing it)

PS: Last rant has nothing to do with The Bureau ofc.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Legends of Persia Announced
5. Re: Legends of Persia Announced Dec 11, 2013, 04:28 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 19:53:
Quinn wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 19:40:
Doesn't look good either.

Wasted effort if you ask me. If I'd be a starting developer, I wouldn't invest money on an engine with graphics that of course won't impress anyone and animations that will cost more money than that they will get in return for awe. Instead, I'll hire some (freelance?) designers and make a 2D game with beautiful art and an awesome story with good dialogue and awesome "choice & con" stuff. Relatively cheap but very engaging stuff that involves the player's moral compass etc. Make a name of yourself in this way and make an awesome game with the profits.

I'm sick of all these forgettable, mediocre indie stuff. I'm an early bird, evidently, but there will be a time that the gaming community's warm welcome for new devs will turn into fanatic disdain. I think I'm already there -- the more of the lame indie stuff coming out, the more I'm getting pro-EA, -Activision, -Ubisoft, -Bethesda etc.

Blegh. Tired & drunk. Bye.

Nothing wrong with that. If you want fully immersive gameplay experiences there are only so many developers that can deliver that... Indy's most certainly can not. Unless you are having insane funding success on KS

I can't even tell you how much I want another game sort of like Mass Effect right now. For all that can be said about the trilogy, it was pretty damn epic to play and experience.

I like the more barebones RPG's like Project Eternity and Original Sin, but they tickle another itch.... there are so very very few good big RPG's coming up...

Hell yes, I still get vomit in my mouth when I think about how they ended Mass Effect (although I hear the Citadel DLC is some sort of medicine for that?) but the trilogy was just fantastic. The world sucked me in so far I just couldn't let it go in real life. I was at work, playing that stupid Mass Effect app that had some minor impact in the actual game itself just so I could remain in that wonderful world.

It's exactly what I mean, eRe4s3r. It's that experience like Mass Effect's and Dragon Age's that I miss so very much these days. And there are indeed so very very few good RPG's coming up. I'm putting my hopes up for The Witcher 3, of course, and even Dragon Age 3 after that last Alpha session I've seen. But that's all late 2014 stuff if we're lucky.... T_T

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Double Fine announces Hack 'N' Slash
7. Re: Double Fine announces Hack 'N' Slash Dec 11, 2013, 04:22 Quinn

Bah, yawn, and piss off.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
17. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 04:21 Quinn

Well this actually does look good! I only cared to give it a look because Eraser mentioned it in another topic. I hope the game will have something that makes it descernable from a game from the late '90s but I guess we'll have to wait and see.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Legends of Persia Announced
2. Re: Legends of Persia Announced Dec 10, 2013, 19:40 Quinn

Doesn't look good either.

Wasted effort if you ask me. If I'd be a starting developer, I wouldn't invest money on an engine with graphics that of course won't impress anyone and animations that will cost more money than that they will get in return for awe. Instead, I'll hire some (freelance?) designers and make a 2D game with beautiful art and an awesome story with good dialogue and awesome "choice & con" stuff. Relatively cheap but very engaging stuff that involves the player's moral compass etc. Make a name of yourself in this way and make an awesome game with the profits.

I'm sick of all these forgettable, mediocre indie stuff. I'm an early bird, evidently, but there will be a time that the gaming community's warm welcome for new devs will turn into fanatic disdain. I think I'm already there -- the more of the lame indie stuff coming out, the more I'm getting pro-EA, -Activision, -Ubisoft, -Bethesda etc.

Blegh. Tired & drunk. Bye.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
21. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 10, 2013, 05:29 Quinn

When I think about Borderlands, I see an open world with absolutely ZERO motivation to explore; so many loot I don't care to look at stats; floating damage numbers and a story that's so non-existent it's evident the game was developed for co-op while all co-op gave you was friends trying to frag your targets, and no actual "co-operation" to speak of.

Why Borderlands 2 is such a succes -- I'm telling you... -- I've no fucking clue! My face inevitably lands in the palms of my hands thinking of a PC gaming community that praises the game. But then again.. the same community praises Dishonored so I shouldn't be surprised

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1072 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo