Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1790 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
243. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 16, 2015, 11:01 Quinn

Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 10:56:
After spending some time with it I've concluded the game is extremely CPU dependent, even a mild OC on my 2500k makes a massive difference in framerate while swapping GPUs had little effect on performance. It's a good port overall but it feels like it could still use some optimization to offload more to the GPU, mine doesn't even max utilization sometimes. Anyone who is looking to increase performance for this game is probably better off upgrading their CPU rather than their GPU.

Hmm, I noticed a massive difference swapping from my GTX 680 to the GTX 980. My CPU is an i5 3,2ghz (or something near that) and I'm not experiencing any slowdowns except.. for some reason the outskirts areas (where Trevor starts) seem to piss my card off every now and then, and only ever so slightly. Must be the dust... or maybe the "long shadows" casting an insane amount of long shadows for every single bush out there.. :\ I remember someone saying dynamic shadows are CPU heavy.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

PC Gaming > Performance heavy games of late?
4. No subject Apr 16, 2015, 09:36 Quinn

Blue wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 07:38:
7. Grand Theft Auto V

I basically made the decision to buy the GTX 980 because of GTAV

What I meant with my post was if there are any "older" games that are performance heavy so I can replay them with better graphics. It's a part of the awesomeness of getting new hardware, don't you think? ^^

My thread title could be a tad confusing..

Anyway! Thanks for the tip nonetheless!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
89. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 16, 2015, 09:24 Quinn

There's a slight texture popping issue here too but hardly worth mentioning. What is worth mentioning is how crappy anistrophic filtering seems to work. When I first unlocked Trevor and I was chasing guys in a van over sandy roads, I could literally see a SQUARE around my vehicle where the textures were sharp, a square outside that square where textures were less sharp, and another square outside that square further away. It was almost like a spotlight was following me. I know that's not my card, of course, but it looked like shit.

In contrast of that, I was absolutely AMAZED by how fantastic the game looked when suddenly it started raining and thundering like mad. I can honestly say that I have never yet seen a game look this good in such a setting, all at 60fps. It was A-MA-ZING. I cannot express it enough.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
118. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Apr 16, 2015, 03:44 Quinn

Vall Forran wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 03:39:
Not that anyone is ever gonna read this again, because "rage @ other games!", but I found the workaround to the bug. It's your boots. Once you get boots with +speed, it fucks your party up. The guy moving slowly? Open inventory, unequip his boots, then re-equip them. Go back to the game and slow guy will be fixed. Until it happens again. Stupid bug.

I'm still reading, mate No matter how old the post, I'll read it when a new message is written in it. All thanks to this being being one of my bookmarks/quick-links.

Regarding Pillars of Eternity: I was very excited when I first played it, and I enjoyed it for about 20 hours until I realized the story just never really gets off the ground enough. At some point, I just didn't feel like starting up the game anymore. It's dead to me now and has been for a few weeks already.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. No subject Apr 16, 2015, 03:40 Quinn

6. Lords of the Fallen.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1. Performance heavy games of late? Apr 16, 2015, 03:38 Quinn

With my new MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING (I just have to write it out in full, because I'm proud xD) I would love to get back to some older 2013/2014/2015 games that are performance heavy and that I couldn't run maxed out on my former card.

Can you help me come up with them? This is the list I have so far:

1. Tomb Raider (TR);
2. Metro 2033;
3. Metro Last Light;
4. Dragon Age: Inquisition;
5. Assassins Creed Unity.

That's all I can come up with. I'm shamefully mindblank. Via Google I found some really weird search results.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
50. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 15, 2015, 18:45 Quinn

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 18:30:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 17:49:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 17:41:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 16:46:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 15:34:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:10:
jomisab wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:08:
Played for a short while last night before forcing myself to go to bed at 2am. Performance looks pretty good. On my 1680x1050 monitor, maxing everything and getting 60fps is no issue. Moving over to my 2560x1440 monitor, however, requires lowering detail to get consistent 60fps...and that's with a 970 SLI setup.

Either your RAM or CPU must be bottlenecking. I mean... 970 SLI!?

Actually it's probably the RAM on the video cards. 3.5GB gets sucked up really quick when you go over 1080P in an open world game.

And that's exactly why I'll always have just a 27" monitor and just sit close. 1080p is just perfect on these, no need to waste money.

Another thing, can anyone tell me in baby language was G-Sync is? I read about it.. but I still don't unferstand what it actually does :\

Synchronizes your refresh rate to your frame rate. If you're getting 30fps, your monitor is refreshing 30 times a second. It prevent screen tearing, but unlike vertical sync it doesn't introduce input lag or increase latency. The downside is you need a newer Geforce card AND a G-Sync enabled monitor.

Ah, alright. It still just sounds like v-Sync without the disadvantages. Maybe that's what it is. And yeah my GtX 980 arrived today and I'll install it tomorrow I bet my right ball that the first half of the day I'll be fixing complications.. as always with new hardware >_> but I just can't wait to play GTAV with everything maxed out (except for MSAA probably).

Dunno, just swapped out my GTX 690 for a GTX 970 yesterday. Pulled out old card, put in new, reinstalled drivers, no issues. Plan to get a second one once I sell my 690 so I can upgrade my Ultrawide 29" Dell to an ultrawide 34" Dell.

Same here today luckily! Had it all ready and set within 15 minutes. Good times!

Game runs like a mouse on steroids, fucking awesome. I did experience those classic slowdown when the smoke/dust particles were in the face of my camera.. which really pissed me off in the sandy hills with Trevor. I turned MSAA down to x2 just for that, which fixed the problem, but I hope lowering particles quality will fix that instead. I just cba restarting the game for that minor adjustment.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

86. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 15, 2015, 14:52 Quinn

Running it on my new MSI GTX 980 everything maxed out (except MSAA, have that on 4x just to be safe.. I don't want it to ever even remotely drop under 60 fps you see).

The game runs GREAT! Also: NO MORE AIMING PROBLEMS! Somehow my GTX 680 caused it or somehow lower fps has some unusual impact on the mouse.

Someone (Verno?) asked how long the loading is when swapping between characters. GOOD NEWS! It's as good as INSTANT!

Rockstar did a mighty fine job!!!!!!!!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

46. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 17:49 Quinn

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 17:41:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 16:46:
Played for a short while last night before forcing myself to go to bed at 2am. Performance looks pretty good. On my 1680x1050 monitor, maxing everything and getting 60fps is no issue. Moving over to my 2560x1440 monitor, however, requires lowering detail to get consistent 60fps...and that's with a 970 SLI setup.

Actually it's probably the RAM on the video cards. 3.5GB gets sucked up really quick when you go over 1080P in an open world game.

And that's exactly why I'll always have just a 27" monitor and just sit close. 1080p is just perfect on these, no need to waste money.

Another thing, can anyone tell me in baby language was G-Sync is? I read about it.. but I still don't unferstand what it actually does :\

Synchronizes your refresh rate to your frame rate. If you're getting 30fps, your monitor is refreshing 30 times a second. It prevent screen tearing, but unlike vertical sync it doesn't introduce input lag or increase latency. The downside is you need a newer Geforce card AND a G-Sync enabled monitor.

Ah, alright. It still just sounds like v-Sync without the disadvantages. Maybe that's what it is. And yeah my GtX 980 arrived today and I'll install it tomorrow I bet my right ball that the first half of the day I'll be fixing complications.. as always with new hardware >_> but I just can't wait to play GTAV with everything maxed out (except for MSAA probably).

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

43. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 16:46 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 12:56 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:53:
BobBob wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:21:
And for those of us living near Los Angeles, we can save money and simply watch the local news for a similar entertainment value. Nothing quite compares to a live "Breaking News" story with a car chase taking place. Typically, one guy drives frantically from 20 to 100 + MPH in city streets having 15 police cars trailing behind him and helicopters buzzing overhead. It never ends well for the suspect.

It's fine not to play this game, differen't strokes and all. But I'm curious what you're playing currently.

I didn't get the impression he implied he doesn't play and/or like the game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 11:35 Quinn

JoeNapalm wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 11:26:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:52:
JoeNapalm wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:48:
Played online, last night, with my Crew.

I'm pretty amazed. Looks amazing. Silky smooth. Incredible view distance. Even the character import worked pretty well (aside from adding lipstick to my character, for some reason, which was easily removed at the barber shop).

We spent the rest of the night wreaking havoc on the streets and raining fire from the heavens until my Crew finally bailed in the wee hours.

Slow clap, Rockstar.

-Jn-
CJParker won't be happy about all your praises

Sorry, what?

I can't hear over the sound of all the fun we're having.

-Jn-

God stop it! Still at work for another half hour and after that it's dinner followed by band practice. Quiver

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

13. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 11:05 Quinn

Lord Tea wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:42:
According to some youtube videos VRAM usage quickly exceeds 4 Gb on higher settings...

Pfeh, that's MSAA of course. I swear, that setting... What does it do exactly? Generate the image twice or even 4 times or more? No shit 4Gb VRAM is quickly exceeded. I remember what the The Witcher 2 settings said about MSAA: "Only for uber computers or meant for nice screenshots" or something. Just turn that off, the game still looks amazing and runs smooth as butter.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

35. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 09:10 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

202. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 09:00 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 08:45:
JayDeath wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 08:39:
I agree with this. First person looks really pretty but I find myself switching the 3rd person more often. It feels a tad awkward in 1st person. Maybe I gotta play with the head bobbing or something. I tend to get a consistent 60fps in 3rd person and not so much in 1st.
Not sure what the FOV is set to but in first person you are really limited to what you see in front of you vs 3rd person. I tend to switch in between. For shooting 1st person works pretty good, except the weirdness of being in cover, for driving and stuff 3rd person is better.
I didn't get a blowjob last night because I've had my pistol out and the hooker ran away and by the time I put the pistol away I couldn't find her and the sun came up lol
I'll try and see if I can pick one up tonight in 1st person view

That highlighted part.. strangely off-topic. Lets continue talking about games only here on Bluesnews alright?

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2015, 09:06.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 06:20 Quinn

Qbex . wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 06:14:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 03:02:
Am I the only one having "terrible" issues with input lag or some other sort of lag-something with the mouse? There's no mouse-smoothing option either. Aiming like this feels like I'm holding a goddamn controller!

Try turning on V-Sync in game, helps with the mouse lag somewhat.
Happy with the performance here - 970 Sli hovering around 70-80 Fps all options maxed ( including additional draw distance from adv settings ) 1440p 2xMsaa, pleasantly surprised Allthumbsup

Oooh but I hate turning V-sync on. Somehow it cripples my system. Strange, more often than not it's V-sync being ON that causes these types of lags.

By the way, I'm not even sure it's really a lag. Maybe it's just crap because there's no mouse-smoothing and mouse-acceleration options. I often take a focused minute or two fine-tuning between these 2 options to cure the mouse-consolitis out of most ports (Far Cry 4, anyone? fucking hell). It always works.. IF the options are available ffs!

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2015, 06:26.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

194. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 06:16 Quinn

DangerDog wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 06:06:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 05:06:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 03:56:
I call shenanigans!

they removed this from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53rdE8w8oLE

only 3rd person view from outside the car now.

Did they? I know you see strippers 100% topless when you get a private dance, including a loose minigame that mandates first-person. Odd that they'd take out first-person view for prostitutes, when they really don't show anything there. I will have to do some investigating myself...

I could have swore I was in 1st person view in the car and it switches to 3rd person when you do the dirty deed.

First person mode is a lie, you can't look down the scope on your assault rifle in first person mode. Game does look freak'n awesome though, really puts other engines to shame graphics wise.

Now that you mention it looking awesome, I remember reading the announcement of First Person mode: It's mainly imported for scenery purposes and not really intended as a way to play the game though it's still possible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

26. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 06:12 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 05:02:
You have to click or hit enter (or whatever gamepad button) to select the 'Graphics' sub-menu, not just highlight it.

I thought so last night and handled accordingly, but doing so just made me turn off/on whatever option in the sub-menu I had selected. Scrolling down still made me scroll down in the menu and not the sub-menu.

But hell, now I'm just nit-picking of course. At some point it somehow worked and that's alright.

I still hope to read other people complaining about the mouse input lag, else I keep hurting my brain trying to solve it; thinking it's an issue on my end.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 04:35 Quinn

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 04:30:
Well it certainly seems a good port from a performance standpoint.

That said, perhaps it's just that I'm running it in an old 570m in a gaming laptop, but I have hardly any graphics settings to change. Just FXAA, MSAA and high res shadows. No other settings. Is that normal, I thought this had way more settings to modify?

Like me, you too probably have to fight with the graphics menu a bit -- there's more if you scroll down in the graphics tab, but making that happen is quite the achievement for some reason.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

188. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 03:17 Quinn

Slick wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 02:05:
still visually sub-par compared against watch dogs (with the worse mod). Hopefully some clever mods unlock some real fidelity for GTA V. It just looks like an up-rezzed last gen console game. which is exactly what it is.

Anyone other trainspotters spy the super weird texture LOD thing with every object about 4-5m infront of you? It's like an utterly broken anisotropic texture filtering, it goes from hi rez to uber low rez with no feathering/blending tricks at all, it's very distracting, but easy enough to forget about if you're driving around.

what i want to know is how to get rid of the mouse lag? the PS4 version had such crazy amounts of input lag, that i was expecting this, but it's still not perfect. It's just so hard for me, as an FPS player, to have to settle with shitty FPS controls, that's why i play on PC.

although to be fair, it's still light years better to the mouse support on watch dogs for PC, that game STILL has just insane amounts of neg/pos acceleration that you can't turn off. it's pathetic.

As for the textures issue, I'm not sure what you're talking about but on my GTX 680 textures in general look horrible. I have it set on "Normal" (lowest option) because putting it any higher would mean having to sacrifice right about all the other Very High graphic options in order not to exceed the 2GB VRAM.

As for the input lag, thank god someone else notices this too! I can still do headshots but the effort I have to put into it with this weird lag makes me feel like I'm on a controller. It's absolutely horrible. Honestly, I can't play like this and I hope there'll be a fix (SOON)!!!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1790 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo