Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1214 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
27. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 11:07 Quinn

Boo boo shut up big bad Zeninax, we wants Oculus! Whatevers your case, shuts it!

Seriously, wish I wasn't on a white beach in Greece right now so I could make a meme with a funny cat out of the text above.

Fucking hilarious.

/applaud to Cutter for actually looking at it from a meta-perspective. If Zenimax has a case -- and it seems they do! -- it's interesting to see how this turns out.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews May 10, 2014, 11:06 Quinn

Played the game. Yup, actually played the game and now leaving a short word on it.

Positive points first:
Combat. It's Witcher-2-like difficult and unforgiving, yet will gradually become more comfortable yet never easy as you gain skills -- which are plenty, btw.
Character development is nice.

Negative points:
Voice acting and audio quality of it. Horrible.
Character/facial animation. Crap.
This kills immersion. Badly. Especially bad for a game that's a storytelling RPG.

I give it a 7.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Game Reviews May 9, 2014, 11:19 Quinn

I've been strongly disagreeing with allot of reviews lately. Very strongly. If I still listened to those bitter folk, I would've missed out on many many many hours of pure joy.

Don't be dumb and say "Glad I didn't buy the game" or w/tf/e. If you don't have the dough, fine.. you didn't make the gamble and I can respect that, but you simply can't tell if it's your cup-of-tea unless you've actually played it.

I myself bought Bound by Flame for 18 euros. If it sucks as much as some reviews say, my loss and it won't bother me at all. If I'll enjoy it for more than 6 hours, it'll be well worth the 18 euros.

Starting it up in an hour. We'll see.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Bound by Flame Launch Trailer
18. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 6, 2014, 08:20 Quinn

netnerd85 wrote on May 6, 2014, 07:24:
Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2014, 04:16:
I'm not expecting much. Mars: War Log was mediocre at best and this doesn't really look any different. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, though.
Come on, this looks WAY better than Mars War Logs, way way way better.

Lol, fuck yes it does. Quite possibly in literally every way. Don't know what Jerykk is smoking the last few months but it's bad shit.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 6, 2014, 03:17 Quinn

www.kinguin.net has it for 18,50 euros, which is like 20 or 21 dollars. Even for that price I'm not pre-ordering it though. This is possibly one of those games that looks quite awesome in trailers but somehow has "cheap shit" all over it once you actually get your hands on it. Of Orcs and Men comes to mind.

Still, I think the game will be great. The vids really do look good. I'm excited. This may be the game that'll grant me an short and actually undesired break from ESO xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 5, 2014, 11:26 Quinn

This game got my attention since yesterday, right before this launch trailer came out. The trailer I've linked below got me sold. I'd suggest watching it for a proper indication of what this game will have to offer!

http://youtu.be/Ypv9KLZaIK4

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
60. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 2, 2014, 17:26 Quinn

Mad Max RW wrote on May 2, 2014, 12:30:
Quinn wrote on May 2, 2014, 11:44:

Like all ES games, this game is about immersion.

Is a crowd of 50 people waiting for a boss to respawn again and again and again part of that immersion?

Is that all you got? Haven't seen any bots since one of the last purges a few days ago. However, those so called "solo-dungeons" are the weakest part of the game imo. There is, indeed, little immersion in running through a ruin with 20 other players paving the way ahead of you so you have a clean walk to the dungeon boss for the dungeon achievement. Then again, those few dumb open dungeons are few and far in between. ESO's charm is in the outdoor world, the group-instanced dungeons and, of course, the solo-instanced dungeons.

Did a quest today where an intire island was made especially for that solo quest. Felt like I was playing a single player game, meanwhile trading an epic rune with another player in the chat. Freaking ace xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

55. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 2, 2014, 11:44 Quinn

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 11:10:
Quinn wrote on May 2, 2014, 01:33:
I know people have different opinions.

"but if it doesn't coincide with mine, I will bitch about it like a sixth grader."

I don't fault them for not liking the game. If you haven't actually played it, however, you're being nothing but an ignorant joke.

I'm not going to spend 60 dollars to somehow validate my ability to argue that the game looks boring as shit. I've watched plenty of videos that show the exact same thing: A bog standard MMO with an Elder Scrolls paint job, albeit with decent combat.

I'm also not going to spend 60 dollars just to find out that your taste in games is likely just fucking terrible. *snipped the sad rage fit*

You've just insulted everyone here who said they absolutely love the game. And why is that? Because my opinion doesn't coincide with yours. Noisy hypocrite.

Anyway, I hated the beta but I love the game. This game is for Elder Scrolls players -- gamers who respect a need for immersion, lore, and generally like to "take their time". This is the first MMO where exploration is truly rewarded, which adds a layer to it that, to me, feels like a revolutionary thing to MMO's. Almost every NPC has something interesting to say (about the environment, threads, political stuff, lore in general, etc.) and almost every quest has it's own interesting story to tell with it's own climax.

It's also a big no-no for powerlevelers. There's also no world PVP. While many would understandably disagree with me here, I like this decision because it's in and of itself immersion breaking. Imagine taking a breath staring out into the sunset or closely listening to the story between two NPC's, right before being flanked from the side by a lvl 50 asshole.

Like all ES games, this game is about immersion. Like all ES games, this game is about story. Like all ES games, this game is about exploration. Like all ES games, this game is about combat.

Unlike all ES games, this game is, however, an MMO. Don't forget that.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

46. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 2, 2014, 01:33 Quinn

Creston wrote on May 1, 2014, 19:05:
Quinn wrote on May 1, 2014, 18:07:
FANBOY WAAAAH FANBOY WAAAAH FANBOY WAAAAAH FANBOY WAAAAAH

If you want to call your game to be called Elder Scrolls, you need to present Elder Scrolls. This game doesn't in so many areas, it's staggering. You still like it, fine. It's not Elder Scrolls. There is no Dark Brotherhood. There is no Thieves Guild. There is no freedom to do shit except "go to zone and kill mobs." Yes, it's an MMO, and it's an MMO with a thin veneer of Elder Scrolls lore, and that's about it.

*blurpyderp I'm smartass SNIP*

So wait, you're pretending you played the game right there? You're not fooling anyone, man. There's been enough ignorant comments from you that show you obviously haven't. One of those is the one you're most noisy about: that it doesn't feel like an ES game. Well, coming from someone who actually played the game (yes, Cutter, one that ergo does know what he's talking about), this game is very much an ES game. At some point I was in a Draugr tomb. I was right back in Skyrim, playing Skyrim. There's also tons and tons and tons... and tons of lorebooks scattered all over the place. Want to check behind an Orc's longhouse? By all means, do so! That form of exploration rewards you -- you'll likely find a locked chest or two.

I know people have different opinions. I don't fault them for not liking the game. If you haven't actually played it, however, you're being nothing but an ignorant joke.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

29. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 18:07 Quinn

Creston and some others... how dumb are you, in all honesty? It's Elder Scrolls Online, which does make it an ES game but it's still a fucking MMORPG! I repeat: an MMORPG (MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE Role Playing Game). No goddamn shit that there's no justice system in there like the other ES games. You also can't run up to the most bad-ass Daedric tower and loot a legendary Daedric weapon. Or go anywhere you like right from the start without getting your ass handed to ya.

What some of you obviously and stunningly fail to truly realize is that this is an MMORPG. And if you haven't played the game, don't waste your time posting a smug thing like "lolz haha no justice system and they call this ES game lolz" because that's exactly what you sound like.

This game has its flaws but unlike Er34s3r there are people who get through their hard day of work thinking of logging back in the moment they step a foot into their home. Also, 90% of the naysayers here haven't even tried the retail version.

Ftr, I'm not even an ES fan per se.. but this is the greatest gaming experience I've had in a long, long time. And, oh yeah, I actually know what I'm talking about.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 26, 2014, 17:59 Quinn

Where did I "fail" exactly? Like yesterday I remember my 3 TRIAL-AND-ERROR deaths.

1. Huge boss at the very start. What did I learn after death:
Don't fight him, but flee. The game wants you to kill it 10 mins later.
2. Rat in Room after bridge:
Don't block, but dodge or have cure potion. If you don't [have a cure] you'll die from a poison DOT that's permanent unless you have a cure potion.
3. Knight on tower:
A blade doesnt one-shot you, a behemoth ape doesnt one-shot you, an armoured swine doesnt one-shot you, but a knight with a large sword does. Enter strafe-hug mode to win.

And you know it. You can disagree with me on other shit, but don't tell me you didn't have "wtf just happened" deaths in DS. You had. And you somehow don't fault the game for it, but instead applaud the game for it. I don't.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 26, 2014, 11:47 Quinn

I humbly agree with your entire retort except for the trial-and-error part. Fuck yes it's trial-and-error. A rat came at me. Like all other encounters I engaged the beast simply blocking his attacks. But instead, that failed suddenly. Instead, I got poisoned. I died a minute later because the darned DOT didn't end. I also walked up a tower not knowing a 10x stronger enemy stood there. His looks didn't portray the fact that a single hit would kill me.

Fuck yes, DS is a trial-and-error game. Disagreeing with that makes me wonder if YOU played the game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 26, 2014, 05:32 Quinn

You mistake genuine difficulty with crappy controls, imbalance and what-the-fuck-just-happened moments. Sure, you can drop in an enemy who's attacks suddenly can't be blocked and who's bite appears to have an unending poisonous effect, or drop an enemy on a tower that's suddenly 10 lvls above you, killing you in one hit, and some people will surely somehow give you credit for it. But to me, that's just lazy, unfair trial-and-error kind of shit that I don't seek in a game. In te end I killed giant bosses by hugging their feet strafing, nipping at their health til they fell. Hehe, fucking ridiculous.

Apart from all that, the game also looked hideous even with the proper mods. But I guess once your game reaches a certain level of crappiness, it's suddenly awesome. Same with the fine line between insanity and genius.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 20:38 Quinn

What do people see in these games? Is it the sense of achievement, playing an unbalanced and unforgiving game yet managing to advance after every so many deaths? There's no story to speak of, the gameplay atleast on PC just downright sucks and the graphics are insulting so that must be it.

From my perspective, this game thus especially the developers get way too much credit. I'd take Severance (Blade of Darkness) above DS1 any day of the year.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 13:18 Quinn

Meh, I've stopped checking reviews and scores for quite some time now. I realize how terribly biased I can get from them. As I said in an earlier thread, it's just self-entitled critics putting themselves in an over-analitic state, moaning like mad about the littlest things. While that's alright, again, it puts the consumer in that same state and it will take 20 times as much energy to keep an open mind. For me. For you. For everyone. Human nature.

Haven't read a single review. I disliked the beta, somehow just bought the game out of shear boredom and because I could spare the 25 euros I spent on in. Best decision in a long time.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 11:23 Quinn

Screw the reviews. Haven't had as much fun with an MMO since the first year of WoW. Got this euphoric feeling @ work, knowing that in a few more hours I can get back into the game. Haven't had that feeling this strongly for years, literally.

"Glad I didn't bite." You don't know whether you should be glad or not, now do you? Just as easily you'd love the game as much as I do once you actually try it.

Screw the reviews, indeed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
65. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 24, 2014, 11:38 Quinn

Of course I work for them. I've played the game allot by now, I know what the fuck I'm talking about, I found the first MMO refreshing and entertaining since WoW, etc. It has Zenimax Employee written all over it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

62. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 23, 2014, 14:26 Quinn

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 07:49:
Combat looks like the only halfway decent thing to come out of this game, besides Angry Joe's review. The rest is really amateur for a MMO.

Or you've been so conditioned that you think you know what an MMO is supposed to be, that you can't even see innovation when it jumps up and bites you in the face.

For one, this is the first MMO where true exploration rewards you. I've always been making jokes about this "chest full of epic loot on top of that distant mountain" with my cousin while playing WoW. In ESO, I wouldn't be surprised if there'd be one somewhere you just wouldn't look.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

31. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 16:50 Quinn

What so many people fail to realize, and so many reviewers fail to mention, is that ESO is different from other MMO's in that it's not suited for powerlevelers. At all. I literally haven't had a single quest yet without meaning or sense of urgency. I saved a possessed wizard; liberated a village; stopped an assassination on a queen, etc... All consisting of multiple quest-chains. In this game, like all ES games, it's easy to get sucked in.

I was negative about the game while I participated in the beta but that was because I didn't let myself get sucked in because it wasn't worth it -- I'd only have the character for 3 days.

Loving the game. If you haven't played the retail version, don't say shit like "Good thing I didn't buy it". How do you know it's a good thing? Shove off.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
21. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 20, 2014, 17:50 Quinn

Disliked the beta. Wasn't moved to buy the game at release. Shear boredom made me do it anyway. What happened right off the bat? With that typical sought after euphorical ambition I put great care and time into creating the looks of my Khajiit, knowing it would be my baby for -- hopefully -- months to come. That's when I realized why I mostly didn't like the beta: It has a set end at the end of the weekend and there was no reason or motivation to develop a character.

Also, combat sucked in the beta. Not anymore. There is now proper impact feedback, both visually (gore and enemy animation) and sound. There's still not enough damage feedback. Been playing for a few hours now (lvl 10 Nightblade Khajiit) and I have no fucking clue if I actually do sneak attack damage at all.

For now, the biggest win for this game are the visuals and quests. It's an MMO that requires and enables immersion. This is not an MMO for powerlevelers. You need to only play it when you actually have time and are in no hurry. If you don't alllow yourself to get sucked in, you won't enjoy it. Exact same thing can be said for any other Elder Scroll game and I don't fault them for it, but applaud them for it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1214 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo