Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1068 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
7. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 17:10 Quinn

Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:18:
Panickd wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:14:
His theory is that any developer will eventually be able to put their games on Steam.

And won't that make Steam so wonderful to attempt to buy things from...

It'll basically turn it into any app store. Where there's a few good things buried amidst millions of pieces of crap.

Took you people a while to figure that out didn't it? Been saying it and seeing it coming for months.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
38. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 13, 2014, 15:21 Quinn

Damn, (melee) combat needs allot of work! There's no sense/feedback of impact at all

Atmosphere is amazing. I was in on Elsweyr, Tamriel. Music was ES worthy. Character looks are great -- especially the Khajiiti and Argonians.

I hope they want to put a few 100k's of dollars into improving the melee combat, though. That was just... mediocre, perhaps.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2014, 17:40.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New Hitman Absolution Mission
3. Re: New Hitman Absolution Mission Jan 9, 2014, 11:33 Quinn

If only they implemented a proper save system. I wonder what retard made the final call to use a checkpoint system for one, and two a system that if you reload a checkpoint ALL THE GUARDS YOU TOOK DOWN EARLIER ARE BACK!!! HAHAHAHA it's like the punchline of the worst fucking joke ever! Then again, that's maybe exactly what Hitman Absolution is.

No proper save system removes the practical ability to experiment with different approaches and playing around with the AI. Also, it made the player the victim of dumb bugs in level design and enemy AI.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
23. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jan 9, 2014, 09:33 Quinn

Still have the occasional driver crash. Have to underclock the card just a little tad sometimes. Still unsure if it's hardware or software related. Guts say hardware since day 1.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
32. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 12:28 Quinn

I almost get the idea absolutely everyone who signed up for it got an invite All my friends did, I did, most of you guys did ...  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
2. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 11:59 Quinn

What rational person pre-orders anyway? Unless you somehow care more for the bonus material you get with a pre-order -- that more often that not break a game's balance! -- than you care for the steep price and the good possibility of the game turning out to be crap, you should never pre-order a game. Ever.

Pre-orders.
No pros. Just cons.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
9. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 11:38 Quinn

DIMINISHING RETURNS, PEOPLE! Jesus Christ! A space sim will only be so good.

Sure, in the end there will be hundreds of different space ships flying around but that will only make the variation less interesting. "What is he flying in?" "Don't know, don't care." "Hmm, this."

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
16. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:40 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:32:
Quinn wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:51:
Is the Definitive version the one where they remove most QTE's?

You obviously haven't played the game with that pre-release hipster attitude.

So it changes after the first 1/2 hour?

It changes to an extend that I don't even remember any QTEs past the first half hour.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
7. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 11:57 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:51:
Is the Definitive version the one where they remove most QTE's?

You obviously haven't played the game with that pre-release hipster attitude.

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:56:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:40:
First to say FUCK 'EM!

Seconded... and I bought the 'regular' PC Edition when it was on sale.

Although it says, "at this time a PC update is not planned," I hardly think it would take much work to release an enhanced edition. Modders 'enhance' games for free for christs' sake.

I wish more companies were like CD Project, they release enhanced editions for FREE for original owners of the games.

Don't really understand the hatred here. I was extremely pleasantly surprised when the full game came out. It's definitely a good game. It looks good; it plays well and this version of Lara is very interesting -- any mainstream boy would've "objectified" Lara, but in this game it's actually just a woman trying to survive a hostile environment. The PC version was already very solid with no need for gamebreaking bug fixes. Who cares they don't release a Definite Edition for the PC, where the biggest part of its improvement is the graphics.. which are still better on a good gaming PC.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 12:03.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
50. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 20:35 Quinn

As Steam actually said, I thought I had til the end of the sale to "get my cards"... as in, those I didn't have yet... as in "buy some more games!". I figured I'd just trade around after the sale when I got the actual time; get my badge later.

I feel screwed. It's actually the decisive factor to just not give a shit about any badges anymore.

As for the sale: It's been a big meh. Not Steam's fault, I guess. Due to the lack of actual big titles, Steam had to do it with months old titles and crappy indie fillers. Man, last year I woke myself up at night to check out the latest sales. The contrast is astonishing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
50. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 21:20 Quinn

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 16:33:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 15:24:
Really? I heard that Leviathan has some pretty significant story stuff too.

Not really.

spoiler: Leviathan basically tells you that the Reapers are a broken tool that they put into place to try to prevent organics and synthetics going to war, and then it turned on them.

Which isn't all that much different from what the Catalyst tells you, but hey, it's hard to do much with a shitty story premise.

Oh, this reminds me of them great memes that popped up from everywhere after the ME3 crap.

"Reapers are built to annihilate organics and synthetics, so that organics and synthetics don't end up annihilating eachother."

That's just dumb writing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
25. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 21:14 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 18:26:
nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:50:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:47:
I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? (Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach!)

WTF PREZ?!?!?

How can you say no to this?

I actually found the game very distracting - and couldn't finish past the first 30 minutes....I had just finished a very lengthy 100% play through of FC3 though.....

That actually isn't so strange. Blood Dragon is fucking overrated, with a large group of enthousiasts being just silly with their irrational fanboism. Granted, I'm probably one generation later than most on here (1985) so there's no nostalgia involved in my verdict of the game.

Some ppl like crazy, purple lasershit and illuminating T-Rex's walking around better than the rather realistic, beautiful tropical island setting the original game is. Somehow. It's just silly enthousiasm really. Just really silly.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New Year's Eve with Batman
9. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 20:21 Quinn

Can't wait for a new Arkham game! I'm one of the people that loved Arkham Origins. The game wasn't as perfectly polished as its predecessors but it is still a damn good game.

That cutscene where Batman lashes out on his butler who's being too protective of him is still one of the most moving cutscenes in gaming history. The voice acting was absolutely amazing. "When a thug thinks twice before hurting an innocent person, that's because of FEAR. I AM that fear!" or whatever, and so on. Man, I loved that part. I wanna replay the game for it. xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Consolidation
9. Re: Christmas Eve Consolidation Dec 24, 2013, 17:55 Quinn

Since nobody really reads the general forum:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
38. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 18:36 Quinn

This game will have to become the greatest space game out there and then so much more! However demotevated I am to get the game after it's release due to big spenders pwning the little spenders, I am expecting A LOT of this game.

Perfect engine, with gorgeous visuals and great performance.
Gameplay that makes you want to send your partner off on a long vacation.
Immersion that actually makes the line between real life and virtual life shockingly vague.

Grown on these 3 pillars:

Many different ships to fly.
Many different planets to land on to explore etc.
Many different thriving galaxies with mountains of lore to collect from above mentioned planets, starports' NPCs and libraries.
An unforgettable singleplayer campaign.
Rewarding MP experience that makes you coming back day after day for years to come.

Yes.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
39. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 07:55 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 04:13:
I don't think you can make a game like DayZ without griefing. The whole appeal of DayZ is its freedom. No arbitrary rules or restrictions. Removing PvP or limiting it to certain areas would ruin that. Humans are and always will be the biggest threat in a post-apocalyptic scenario. The interactions between survivors are what make zombie fiction interesting.

I do think that these games need to offer more incentives for players to cooperate and not just kill each other on sight. I think the ability to craft things and build structures would help provide that. Trying to clear out and then build fortifications to secure a town by yourself is essentially impossible. But a group of players working together could do it if the game provided the necessary systems.

Incentives are a must-have, indeed. That, and maybe "careers" -- although that's the wrong term for a post-apocolyptic game. Make it "post-careers" then. There are post-engeneer players, post-nurse players, post-soldier players you name it. This alone makes people want to team up and achieve the potential group-dynamic the game has to offer with all its advantages. Engineers can make weapons "cheaper" with less parts and construct alarmsystems and other defensive stuff. Nurses or medics can heal wounds etc "cheaper" and with better effectiveness. Soldiers have stronger endurance and accuracy and maybe have some sort of "sixth sense", revealing nearby danger on the minimap of everybody close to the soldier. Etc. Etc.

Fuck me... looking forward to this game that's not in development :\

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
34. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 22, 2013, 04:48 Quinn

My yeah that's what TWD needs and it would fit in the budget. Season 1 Episode 2 of TWD Telltale game's setting crawled up my spine. I just knew something was off.. And then near the end I just barely managed to prevent Clem from eating the human meat..!

Lets see where the second half of the tv season brings us. Not really excited, though. What I am excited about is Ep 2 of Clem's story!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 20, 2013, 20:12 Quinn

It's the vibe I'm getting from it too, yeah. When my cousin and I get started bitching about TWD, the first thing that comes up is the prison. What they somehow failed to realize is that prisons in movies and series are only so interesting because of the hostile environment an actual pre-apocolypse prison represents. In this TWD setting, it's just gray walls and a decor that bores the living shit out of you 2 hours into it.

You know, sometimes I wonder why Rick and the crew don't just stumble upon a pilot and a co-pilot who happen to have a working airplane and they just fly to new zealand, zimbabwe or tibet or something. It would be a nice change of pace and scenery

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 20, 2013, 12:34 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 09:49:
Quinn wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 08:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 05:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 16:00:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:21:
"We ARE the Walking Dead!" - Rick

When it comes to acting and story that's certainly true

Yeah...that was from the comic.

Is it less filler heavy than the show? Never read it

I haven't read it eather but according to my brother in law the comics are even more graphic and unforgiving. Edit: oh wait, that wasn't your question. Forget what I said.

Hehe, well after the telltale Walking Dead games I have a hard time finding Walking Dead (TV) interesting anymore. Carl and Rick just aren't a very dynamic duo. And the rest of the crew is boring.... now with Herschel dead I am thinking about not watching it anymore to begin with. That dude was the only one I still liked, and the Redneck looks like he'll be leaving soon.... and then it's just Rick.. Rick more Rick.. and Rick... I don't like Rick. ~.~

Lol, I couldn't agree more. Thank god the governor is dead, too, if you ask me. He had enough screentime in Season 3. The 2 eps that were all about him in Season 4 nearly made me quit watching the series before the midseason finale.

The death of Hershel kinda shocked me. Rick did his speech, the gov slowly lowered the sword and then I knew "Hershel's done for." I told my wife in this jedi-premonition-kinda way. :'(

The fillers in the TV show tire me. Almost every episode, there are scenes that could be deleted or cut shorter without the episode losing context. The entire episode with the gov just stumbling upon a family of lovely women and a dying man was so forced and *yawn*..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 20, 2013, 08:14 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 05:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 16:00:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:21:
"We ARE the Walking Dead!" - Rick

When it comes to acting and story that's certainly true

Yeah...that was from the comic.

Is it less filler heavy than the show? Never read it

I haven't read it eather but according to my brother in law the comics are even more graphic and unforgiving. Edit: oh wait, that wasn't your question. Forget what I said.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1068 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo