Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1135 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > ESO Beta Expanding
16. Re: ESO Beta Expanding Feb 26, 2014, 01:40 Quinn

So far the combat just isn't fun. At all. Lack of feedback and sense of impact. So typical of a MMO combat gone bad. Either look at WoW for a good example or Tera. Both have an entirely different combat system, but both are fun and solid.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
126. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 01:25 Quinn

Seems that people either hate it or are really enjoying it. I'm a sad European. Can't wait for the moment I can draw m own verdict.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 16:29 Quinn

Zoom wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 14:45:
@Quinn: the critics are unanimously panning this release, this is not so usual for an AAA title. Original games got much higher praise overall (given that stealth games are not everyone's cup of tea) - they were not consolized either and hard facts are not pleading in favour of the new opus.
I spent about $40 (thanks to Euro prices) and i feel that's money lost. Happens with unknown stuff and i accept it, here with such a name they add insult to injury and i am not amused.

Frankly, every guy I talked to so far who has been playing th game the last few hours is really enjoying it. True story.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring
17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring Feb 25, 2014, 13:43 Quinn

Yup, looking forward to it!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month
17. Re: PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 12:21 Quinn

My goodness. First developers realize it's cheap and somehow popular to make stupid arcade games that look like they come straight from the early 90's, and now it's this mobile-to-PC conversion horror shit that starts to plague the gaming industry.

Fuck off and give me The Witcher 3.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 12:07 Quinn

I wonder how much a role the fucked up human habit coined "confirmation bias" plays in the reviews. The fanbase -- and those people who selfentitled themselves as fans while it's really just their pride of having mildly enjoyed the game because w00t they are veteran gamers who've been playing since the 90's! -- have obviously been hating this game early into its announcement. That hate takes willpower, maturity and humbleness to overcome <-- 3 traits you can't generally apply to gamers. My assertion? Yes, I think many people simply hate the game because they've been telling themselves months/years before release that it will suck. It's goddamn hard to enjoy something you've been telling yourself to hate. We all know this.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

119. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 11:33 Quinn

I hope developers and publishers realize that buying a game takes willpower.

I also hope developers and publishers realize that not pirating a game takes willpower.

I also hope developers and publishers realize that releasing a game DAYS later on other continents is asking ALLOT from even the noblest of people.

Gotta wait 3 more days for the game to release in Europe. You can also get it for FREE right now. You canīt make this shit up...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

112. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 07:17 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 04:23:
So yeah guys, my first 20mins of gameplay? Enjoying it quite a bit. It's more or less true to the game, and there's no shortage of lewts to grab but some of it's tricky. Only playing it on medium atm, do a true playthrough when I'm done the first run. Turning off contextual "help" and prompts makes it more challenging as well.

To anyone who doesn't like the game? That's okay, I'm enjoying it. I'll get my $34 out of it without a doubt.

Oh and if you're looking for a x/10 rating? 20mins in, I'd give it a solid 7.8-8.3/10 give or take. I don't mind the voice acting at all, and find the interaction so far decent.

First major map, the one that people were posting images about earlier? Not really holding true. I've so far found 4 alternate paths compared to the one taken in the video.

Oh and "non-exclusive fullscreen" listed as "exclusive fullscreen" works beautifully in win8.1x64 for alt-tabbing with zero issues, lag, slowdown/crashes or other issues. I'd be interested to hear if the same holds true in win7.

And if anyone wants to see the main map area in chapter 1 here it is.
http://imgur.com/1oN7zx5

Good to hear!

I remain optimistic. This game has an irrational hater-base, full of the fan-base turned bitter and old.

Thing that pisses me off is that I have to wait 3 days longer for the release because I live in Europe. Seriously, wtf is up with that? In what age do we live in again?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

107. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 02:43 Quinn

Thief 3 had an Invisible Wars crappiness to it but that mostly had to do with the fact it used the same engine. I loved Thief 3 ALMOST as much as Thief 1&2. What kept Thief 3's head above the water was innovation, imo. There was a sense of.. freedom. You could practically climb anything with an edge to it. Through trial&error + exploitation of the mechanics you sometimes managed to reach the weirdest of places in the city hub and the game remarkably rewarded you for it from time to time.

Loved all the Thiefs. I still doubt this will be an exception. The big difference is that I won't compare it with the Thiefs from last century nor with Dishonored. I may just judge it as a new game. It might make all the difference.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

70. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 18:15 Quinn

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 15:55:
Because their website is getting hammered, here's a copy and paste of the Sneaky Bastards Thief Review. So painful.

I am reveling in this. How many of you pre-ordered? Did you learn your lesson yet?

Not sure where your ecstacy is coming from. Nobody of the more normal PC gamers haven't played the game yet. I've learned to take nothing -- NOTHING! -- from reviewers. It's all subjective blabbering. People saying Dishonored is better, for example. I don't give a fuck about that information. I hate Dishonored so much it can't really get worse so to me these comments are a good thing. More importantly, I know from experiece that most critics are overanalyzing, nitpicking, bitter assholes with their soul being sucked out a long time ago who are trying hard to be smart. How very often do we simply enjoy a movie, but reading a negative review from a bitchy bitter critic afterward makes our indoctrinated mind doubt our own previous experience? Or, also, think about how negativity in media can have us prejudiced so much you can't even feel your true experience anymore with all the ringing in your head.

Point is.. I'm sick of reviews and reviewers. They have the ability to make or break the success of a product while it's all just people with their own opinion basically talking crap one way or the other. Watch walkthroughs on Youtube. Pirate the game for all I care. Like it? Buy it. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:16 Quinn

$16,- here. Still will be worth it Iīm sure.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:11 Quinn

"The sheer number of valuables to harvest soon wearies... You more often feel more like a diligent cleaner than a master thief"
- Eurogamer

Shite. THIS is exactly what I was afraid of and even mentioned it in an earlier THIEF post here, getting raised eyebrows in return: "What if there's no proper motivation to steal? It could collapse the entire game." Blues members general reaction: "Lolz I steal to steal.".

*sigh* That's allot of bad reviews there. Are those first few maps you saw in the 30+ minutes gameplay vids earlier truly so deceiving? The game looked solid...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
37. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 24, 2014, 12:06 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 09:12:
Reviews doesn't look too good guys.
From the Ars Technica review:
The good

Garrett's new duck-and-swoop move is pretty slick.
Decent interface for stealth manuevers.
The Bad

The plot is an incoherent mess.
Seriously, the ending didn't make a lick of sense.
Hackneyed writing and wooden performances.
Level design is much too linear.
Guards are too sensitive to your every movement.
Guard AI is easy to outrun and easier to fool.
Lots of badly done, out-of-place platforming and puzzle bits.
The ugly

Why does every game have to have some mystical ghost bullshit these days?
Verdict: Go buy Dishonored instead. If you already own Dishonored, just play it again.
TB also have his first look on youtube.

I'm absolutely cocksick of ppl comparing THIEF with Dishonored. What, too little color for you guys? I personally fucking hated Dishonored. Hated it. With a passion that's truly bad for my health. Of course, I only hate it with such a passion because people SOMEHOW seem to love it -- or at least the people on the other side of the pond do. My European real-life friends + internet palls either hate it too or are "meh" about it, quite frankly!

People who get a hard-on for Dishonored seem to dislike THIEF. People and reviews who seem to like THIEF don't even mention Dishonored. There's hope, right there. Can't wait!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
31. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 24, 2014, 02:47 Quinn

Umbragen wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 23:57:
Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 23:05:
Umbragen wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 21:07:
Damn, I just bought a new system and I'm already dangerously close to the recommended specs. Did I miss something?

Why would you buy something that low end to begin with? if you can't afford it all in one shot, do it piecemal.

The system surpasses all the recommendations, I just thought I'd have a year and a half, two years before I had to start replacing things. Recommending a i7 already? WTF! Worse though, It's looking like I'll have to add another GTX760 sooner rather than latter.

When I did research before buyung my new rig, I came to the understanding that for some reason -- I'm no techwiz -- an i5 is better than an i7 for GAMING. So no worries. Also.. with that videocard I see no reason for you to worry at all. Your rig is a monster with that card and you'll easily last 4 years with it.

About the leveldesign: If that example was of the first map --> It's a freaking tutorial map and also the prologue. You're together with Erin, following her around. No shit the leveldesign is lineair. Also, keep in mind that the City Hub is in and of itself open. We PC gamers will see in a few days ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 23, 2014, 12:33 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:17:
Like how they list Other PC features.

Love it! Again I'm pleasantly surprised. Very surprised by the ability to manually jump save the same way as in DE:HR! I always love to do a quicksave and then just play around and try silly things.

Also, FOV slider! Woo!!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
14. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 16:19 Quinn

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 15:07:
Quinn wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 12:34:
This looks good!

What is this other game in development, kinda Risen like..? There were some screenshots of it a month or two ago. Or was it a dream? Dunno. Not much to go on but if someone's like "ah he means..[X]" lemme know! XD
Maybe Bound By Flame?

Just realised that sounds like a gay bar

Not the one I meant! The one I mean had more of a pirate vibe. But what the hell, Bound by Flame. Where did than come from!? Looks nice!!!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
7. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 12:34 Quinn

This looks good!

What is this other game in development, kinda Risen like..? There were some screenshots of it a month or two ago. Or was it a dream? Dunno. Not much to go on but if someone's like "ah he means..[X]" lemme know! XD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2014, 05:43 Quinn

christheshitter wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 05:16:
Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 18:19:
All the sales are pretty laughable when you use Kinguin.net as your online store xD

What is it?

The place where you buy THIEF for 15,- dollars. SC: Blacklist for 6,-. Battlefield 4 for 22,-. Batman AO for 6,-. Witcher 3 pre-order for 28,- etc. It's ridiculously awesome.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 21, 2014, 18:19 Quinn

All the sales are pretty laughable when you use Kinguin.net as your online store xD  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
62. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:39 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:11:
Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:06:
I don't get it how people can already be playing this either. Their version legit?
Probably playing the console version. Which explains why they don't like it, it isn't Halo or Gears of War.

Indeed :\ Did a quick search and didn't find an earlier release date for consoles, though. I must have overlooked a proper google result.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1135 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo