Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 936 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam
18. Re: BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam Oct 4, 2013, 03:03 Quinn

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 02:01:
I've had this on steam for over a year....

Yes, but didn't you buy the Steam version in the first place?

I'm still waiting for Arkham City to leave GFWL. Yes, I bought the GFWL version because that was the only one available at release. Can't wait for Earth to be rid of this fucking GFWL hellbeast.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
24. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 18:04 Quinn

Expected to see allot of negative bullshit about this obviously good news. If you like DX, the more the better with the logical hope of the products being good. If you don't like DX, you shouldn't waste our time and your own bitching.

Luckily only a few negative comments instead.

DX:HR was a great game, but indeed not perfect. While I loved the robocop style prologue, the rest of the story didn't involve the player enough imo. Other than that I think the game was fantastic, with the best moment being able to choose to save (or fail trying) or leave the pilot lady at some point.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
19. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 13:30 Quinn

The game was delayed so long, people got jaded by the awesomeness of the FPS games that came before its release. We had boring gameplay and boring graphics, all for the sake of sharp textures. w00t.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Beta
13. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Beta Oct 1, 2013, 18:03 Quinn

Numinar wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 09:06:
InBlack wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 03:20:
Except in Batman Arkham City. I had to roll back to older ones due to a weird crash that had something to do with Batman's cape getting a new (damaged) look after the battle with Mr. Freeze.

What?!!! I was so annoyed when this happened to me the other night! Assumed it was random and ragequit. Otherwise really enjoying the replay of this game on my new (For me) 580... but to crash during that epic of epic fights. One of my favorite boss-fights in any game ever. Not going to screw my installation over just for that though... but what if it's never fixed? What driver did you revert to?

You actually quoted me there

I rolled back to WHQL 320.18. Word of warning: My GPU driver crashed when I rolled back using the WHQL 320.18 setup while I still had the latest driver installed. Maybe you know this already, but it's not a good idea to let an older driver do a "clean installation" over a newer driver. So, just uninstall the driver manually first, then reboot and install the older driver. You can reinstall the latest driver after you've passed the act with Mr. Freeze.

Also, if the game has a similar crash after the fight with Joker and his thugs, don't roll back again. The crash looks similar but if you have it, know that it has something to do with a movie file. First, check to see if you have a file in this directory: [game location]/ BmGame/MovieSteroes. The file is called 7_14.usm. If you don't have it, copy any file in that folder and rename the copy to the one mentioned above. Hope that helps in advance.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Beta Oct 1, 2013, 07:09 Quinn

I'd remove the AMD/ATI software and after reboot use Driver Sweeper for good measure!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in November
6. Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in November Oct 1, 2013, 04:58 Quinn

To what extent does the game have anything to do with the earlier games? I couldn't get myself to finish AC3 due to the Same-Old-Shit feature, but Black Flag actually looks fresh!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Beta Oct 1, 2013, 04:44 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 03:20:
Im buying a spanking new GTX 760 today. Well tomorrow, your time. Erm, later today. Any specific drivers I should be looking for?

Yeah just install the most up-to-date, non-beta driver that GeForce Experience suggests. That one is just fine and I'm not experiencing any glitches.

Except in Batman Arkham City. I had to roll back to older ones due to a weird crash that had something to do with Batman's cape getting a new (damaged) look after the battle with Mr. Freeze. For some reason that transformation kept crashing the game with the new driver.

But if you're not planning on playing Arkham City, afaik there's nothing wrong with the newest non-beta driver.

Enjoy that new nugget of awesomeness you're getting!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Master Thief Announced
18. Re: Master Thief Announced Sep 29, 2013, 10:09 Quinn

Your first 2 parts of your comment, Jerykk.. I don't get them. Is it true that you really don't get the idea of "not being limited with manual jumping"? Of course the designers make it so that you really can't go where they don't want you to go -- while this isn't really so accurate, I've had lots of fun exploiting! -- but how you get from point A to B is greatly increased with manual jumping. Again, see my example.

Also, you keep bringing up THIRD person games that lack manual jumping without it impacting the game at all. Try the same with a FIRST person game and you've wasted your time.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Master Thief Announced Sep 29, 2013, 04:48 Quinn

That I understand, Jerykk. But what seems to be either misunderstood or ignored (also in an earlier thread) is my example, which I personally find pretty strong. You can't jump&land onto a platform of your desire from up high. For example, I climbed on an exterior wall. I see a guard below but too far away to initiate a takedown. There are a pile of boxes between me and the guard that I could reach in a leap, followed by the takedown. <-- That action would be impossible due to the inability for manual jumping, which, compared to the older Thiefs, is very limiting.

But, as always, my temper tantrum got me in an awkward position. I agree that we can't really judge until we see enough gameplay or play the game ourselves. I still think it'll suck, but I can't know.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Master Thief Announced Sep 28, 2013, 10:04 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 07:40:
Quinn wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 02:59:
I think I'm just gonna pirate this game and give away free copies just to fuck with Square Enix.

Isn't that a bit redundant? The pirated copy you'll obtain will already be available on the internet.

Anyway, while I agree that the lack of manual jumping is certainly lame, it's not necessarily a dealbreaker. If the designers put jump triggers in all the spots where jumping is useful, that might be tolerable. Definitely limits player agency and the potential for emergent gameplay but other stealth games have done this and still been good (like Splinter Cell and Hitman).

Of course it's redundant, and I won't be doing it. It's just my way to express myself during a tantrum

But for a FIRST PERSON game to remove the jump option is something else. I wanna jump on a bunch of boxes from up high to get a better advantage, for example.

Removing the free jumping option makes lvl design easier with the loss of gameplay.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 28, 2013, 03:03 Quinn

killer_roach wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 00:45:
netnerd85 wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 13:44:
it's one of the best Unreal Engine games I've seen.

Okay, now you're just being ridiculous.

Beyond ridiculous. He must have no fucking clue at all how many games have that engine, I hope for his sake.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. removed Sep 28, 2013, 02:59 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2013, 09:43.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 15:38 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 07:23:
Arkham City filled my Batman quota for awhile. It's controls were very busy and annoying, particularly if you wanted to fully utilize all of the mechanics. The story was...it was a Batman game I guess. Flying around Arkham got old fast for me and most of the side content was collection crap. I'm not in any rush to see this, maybe on a steam sale.

Finished my second playthrough today. I think the controls are almost as good as they can be. The only reason flying around AC got a tad boring was because the area really wasn't that big. I'm not sure about the size of AO but I guess it'll be much bigger.

I'm really looking forward to it. I think the Arkham series are absolutely fantastic. I don't know any game of the genre that has combat that feels remotely as satisfying, and the graphics are pure eyecandy. Maybe the riddler puzzles are a bit too much involved in the game, but other than that I can't find much to complain about.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
72. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 26, 2013, 07:48 Quinn

You made your point with your first comment already, UnderLord

Your "Consoles need PCs" argument sounds pretty solid. I never thought about it like that -- probably because I didn't bother myself with the thought -- but I'll keep it in mind the next time a console drone tells me how consoles > PCs. xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
8. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 10:45 Quinn

NKD wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:21:
I find these kind of statements to be pointless because the average PC is running Intel integrated crap, not high end Nvidia or AMD cards.

...? It's time for the semantic yawn! Should he have said "high end gaming PC" to make his case instead? :\ No idea how your train of thought didn't derail before it manifested itself into your comment.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
34. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 24, 2013, 05:54 Quinn

Hmm alright. In that case I'll either lend the game from a friend or just wait for te PC version.

I either want a game with auto-aim or melee combat. I'm really no console gamer...

...don't tell my wife -_-

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
32. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 23, 2013, 03:46 Quinn

Is there aimsupport? I'm relatively new to consoles and their fucking controls. I'm playing The Last of Us and ANY TIME I get into a gunfight I just charge toward the fuckers to bash their heads in. Aiming in that game is terribly hard and unforgiving -- aim a milimeter offtarget and you actually miss! That's perfect in PC games ofc, but fuck me it's frustrating with a controller.

So, again.. Does GTAV have any kind of aim support / auto aim? ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
45. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 19, 2013, 18:12 Quinn

My wife gave me a PS3 last friday for my birthday so she can chill on the couch and watch me play games. Many new games have comw available to me. I'm thinking of buying GTAV but I would like to know whether it lags or not? I've seen Far Cry 3 on a ps3 and I wouldnt be able to cope with the fps. What's GTAV's fps like?

Also gonna try RDR (finally! :P) and I wonder if games like Infamous are any good. Can you guys point me in the direction of a few must-play console exclusives? Thanks in advance

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 12:16 Quinn

What kind of crashing/freezing are we talking about? Don't want to sound like a douche, but whenever a game of mine crashes it's not due to my GPU (driver).  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
15. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 18, 2013, 04:17 Quinn

MajorD wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 20:24:
Speaking of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, who has played Outlast? I'm curious how it compares to Amnesia TDD

Outlast is a great and scary game and you'll love it if you loved Amnesia. Imo it's definitely NOT scarier than Amnesia 2, which some people have been saying. Like Amnesia 1, Amnesia 2 has a very discomforting feel about it that really makes you not wanna play the game. Ironically, that's exactly what makes the Amnesia games the best horror survival games out there.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

936 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo