Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1289 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

PC Gaming > Lords of the Fallen
3. No subject Jul 14, 2014, 12:51 Quinn

It does, doesn't it? One of the #1 games I'm looking forward to. It came out of nowhere to me. Too much PR is too much, but this title really needs/deserves more hype, I think.

Bought Severance - Blade of Darkness again for about 1 dollar on GOG. Started playing again. It still plays extremely well. Like I said: There's no game out there with better melee combat. I disagree with the statement it's Dark Souls. That game doesn't play tankish, just sluggish -- specifically designed for you to die. As the Lords of the Fallen dev said: Our game is challenging like Dark Souls, just without the frustration. ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 08:22 Quinn

PHJF wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 08:00:
Beyond Divinity is an atrocious game best forgotten.

Hmm, that's not what metacritic says. An user score of 7,9 + allot of positive quotes at first look. I'll give it a shot.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 07:49 Quinn

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 06:19:
Divinity Original Sin is excellent and there's no reason to wait 4-6 months.

Does anyone know if Divinity 2 was good? I know it's slightly different but now I've got the Larian itch again.

Do you mean Divine Divinity 2? The one where your soul is linked with... is it a Death Knight?

Anyway, I have this same itch again. I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks soon. I think I'm going to buy Divine Divinity 1&2 again and play it on my crappy laptop in the sweet Italian evenings with a cold beer next to me! Yeah!

Anyone played Divine Divinity 2? I didn't. I fell in love with Divine Divinity 1 but I never tried its sequel. It's crazy. Hell I didn't even finish Divine Divinity 1, come to think of it, because I suddenly got to a point in the story where I couldn't go back and I still had an unfinished romantic thing going with an elf in a village. The completionist that I already was back then made me simply quit near the end of the game. Crazy!

Edit: Ffs, I was talking about Beyond Divinity. That's the sequel. There's no Divine Divinity 2.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Video Interview
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Video Interview Jul 12, 2014, 22:47 Quinn

Meh, looks liike more of the same. Especially the combat. The guy was talking about the changes but what you saw in the vid was the same lame system that's been boring to me since AC1. And the double take-downs, with those same soundfiles *swip*(hidden blade out)-*splat*(plunging into necks).

Yup. I'm actually very much done with the franchise. Especially with those fucking dumb stories.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 04:56 Quinn

This I like!!!!!! Mass Effect meets Dragon Age! Screw all critisism. I'm psyched xD  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 14:09 Quinn

Julio wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 13:58:
No thanks to DA3, there's a better game already out in Divinity Original Sin (and some other KS based RPGs still to come). The previews of DA3 make it look like a console RPG lite, not for me.

Honestly, DOS and DA are incomparable. They are both RPGs, but both completely different.

Also, Darks, even with your valid reasoning I still have a very hard time to feel even a slither of a doubt that TW3 is going to be the "winner". However, that doesn't mean I have ill hopes for DA3. Like you, I like what I'm reading and seeing. I'm very optimistic and am looking forward to it allot.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 12:21 Quinn

Darks wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 12:01:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:06:
Witcher 3 is going to blow this out of the water.

I seriously doubt that.

Hmmm. I don't. I really don't.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 11:24 Quinn

BitWraith wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:17:
I have this preordered already.

Back when I was a young nipper playing Pool of Radiance, I would have given a testicle to play a game that looks like this. A little perspective is in order...

Then by all means let loose of your wallet and pre-order every RPG you can. Forever. Because chances are they'll all look better than the games of old.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jul 10, 2014, 11:06 Quinn

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:28:
It feels like a 1/4 of a review. The intro sentence is about multiplayer, I mean no preamble or background? Other parts are seemingly taken from PR blurbs.

The link takes you to Page 2. There's actually a Page 1 too.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 10:04 Quinn

Then again, what the Dragon Age franchise desperately needs is a dynamic animal population system (DAPS). It was high time they introduced it. We're sure to see DAPS in any upcoming RPG from now on. Let's just hope The Witcher 3 isn't going to be delayed because of it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 10, 2014, 09:48 Quinn

OpticNerve wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 04:59:
Quinn wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 04:05:
I do recommend everyone to start with a male and female companion. My only regret regarding the builds is that I chose 2 males. Impulsive Rogue & Wise old Cleric, I liked the roleplay idea. Some companion dialogue is obviously meant for a male&female relationship.

Also, is there any way to change portraits? I made a dumb mistake regarding the Cleric portrait. The portrait doesn't have a goatie! :O

Not 100% sure but I think you can change your portrait when you respec later on. Someone here further along in the game might know for sure.

Thanks, and yes you can change the portraits at some point when you've unlocked the third portal at The End of Time!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month
10. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 10, 2014, 08:59 Quinn

This is the new name of Pillars of Eternity, yeah? I'm confused.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

PC Gaming > Lords of the Fallen
1. Lords of the Fallen Jul 10, 2014, 08:52 Quinn

A game that only just now gave a bleep on my radar is Lords of the Fallen. Yesterday I gave it a little look on Youtube; watched some of the gameplay vids. For a hack&slash, this game looks delicious. You're a tankish character... moreso ala Dark Souls than, say.. Darksiders or God of War.

The devs themselves compare it with Dark Souls, but only because they don't know the following game or think the public doesn't: Because this game looks and seems to feel like the next gen Severance - Blade of Darkness!

Anywow, it's because of that subjective observation that I'm excited about this (albeit surely consolized) game that'll be out this october! Man, Severance is still one of my favorite games ever. IMO, it still has the best third-person melee combat to date!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side in August
7. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side in August Jul 10, 2014, 06:56 Quinn

Well well! Seems like I've got 100s of hours ahead of me with a game I always wanted to play but never did! Nice

...not that anything can get my attention away from Divinity, though...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 9, 2014, 02:10 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 22:44:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 21:58:
Previous RISEN games are on sale, any input from you guys?

Enh, I can't even recall the last one I played but I thought it was pretty bad. It's a shame none of these can hold a candle to Gothic 1 & 2.

Risen 1 is absolutely fantastic. Many of the Gothic fans thought it better than. However, Risen 2 -- for me -- started out absolutely great but about 10 hours in I realized it... misses *something* that didn't urge me to explore or even continue the story. I quit playing. Bad sign.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side in August
3. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side in August Jul 8, 2014, 18:11 Quinn

I never tried KB, while it actually spoke to me even before it was released.

I'm an absolute obsessive HoMM fan, to a point where I make myself believe I love it even more than I do (does that somehow make sense...?). Is this game really HoMM-like enough for me to love it, you think? Maybe it's worth looking into after after my obsessive D:OS love has been put aside.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2014, 04:05 Quinn

I do recommend everyone to start with a male and female companion. My only regret regarding the builds is that I chose 2 males. Impulsive Rogue & Wise old Cleric, I liked the roleplay idea. Some companion dialogue is obviously meant for a male&female relationship.

Also, is there any way to change portraits? I made a dumb mistake regarding the Cleric portrait. The portrait doesn't have a goatie! :O

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2014, 10:38 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 03:43:
Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 21:44:
Looks like Cutter got to the part where he actually needs to think about encounters. This, assuming he actually thought about his character builds. And since he didn't go lonewolf, this also assumes he has enlisted the two henchmen which makes encounters pretty easy.

Bit too much thinking for him, looks like he's screwed. We'll hear nothing but bitching from him from here on out... not that that's unusual.

Thats really unfair Axis. THe game is HARD. HARD as fuck. I hired the two mercs (are they Mercs? We are talking about Jahan and that crazy warrior mage lady right?), solved Jake's murder and proceded to the hideout. Im lvl 3. Cant get past the second undead army (I dont know what else to call it). Three undead archers, undead priest, and 6 undead swordsmen. I reloaded that encounter like 20 times. The fucking undead priest keeps bringing back the guys I strike down. If I go for him, the archers use fire and ice arrows to destroy my party. At this point Im about to reroll my chars so I can POWERGAME because fuck it there is no way to proceed....

The hell? I think I was lvl 5 or 6 when I got to that part of the game. The key here, InBlack, is to explore the northwest outside a bit. Don't forget the lighthouse either. You'll get lots of XP clearing the woods and even some quests to finish.

I'm having a very easy time with my 4 champs.
1 rogue
1 cleric
1 water/air mage
1 2h warrior
My rogue has a bizarre amount of AP. His backstabs only cost 2 ap and did a minimal of 30 damage per attack early on on skeletons, and even more on fleshy enemies. Now he's... well, the Reaper. My cleric can heal, tank and stun. My mage can heal, do massive damage and do all kinds of stuns. My warrior is a monster once she gets to swing her 2hander. I'm almost sad to say my team seems to be perfectly balanced. I'm a reroll fanatic normally :'(

PS: This warm, fuzzy feeling? I know exactly how that feels. To me, this is a characteristic of turn-based games. I had the same feeling when I started up HoM&M, for example, as I lid up my cigar, sat back and actually truly relaxed.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2014, 10:50.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
38. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 6, 2014, 06:22 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 04:33:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 17:26:
GOG reports it as 'coming soon'.

Also, the fact that it is turn based, but the screenshots heavily imply otherwise is curious. Only that it is in the turn-based games category lets you know what type of game it is.

Especially when the first Divine Divinity isn't turn based and you are just as likely not to search GOG for turn-based but instead by the title or other category.

How can screenshots show whether or not a game is turn-based? By the presence (or lack) of a visible grid? Not all turn-based games have visible grids (Skulls of the Shogun, for example). The Feature trailer for D:OS explicitly says "Tactical Turn-based Combat" and the game's description mentions it too so I don't think they're trying to mislead anyone.

I don't really get Optional Nickname!'s point anyway. After the late 90's, I've never ever bought games based on screenshots alone. Trailers show it's turn-based. Previews do. Reviews do. Game descriptions do.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
32. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 20:52 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 16:33:
I'm liking the game but the UI could use some work.

1) There's no hotkey for "Take All."
2) The container window doesn't automatically close when you click the Take All button or walk away.
3) You can sort your inventory using filters but those get reset whenever you close your inventory window, forcing you to redo the filter every time.
4) Crafting requires that you combine things that aren't always in the same item category (like weapons and ingredients), forcing you to use the General window that shows every item in your inventory.
5) You can't resize the inventory window.
6) There's no Auto-Arrange button to rearrange your items when you've removed one.
7) Your companions each have their own individual money and key inventories.
8) When bartering, your offers get reset when you switch between characters.
9) There's no hotkey for switching between ranged and melee weapons, forcing you to use up two slots in your hotbar.
10) You can't adjust the width of your hotbar.

It's weird that none of these issues were addressed during the game's Early Access period. Surely people complained about them?

Point 8 was actually added in the last patch. I think this is because now the game will take the character's attitude/reputation + bartering skill into account, regardless of what character started the conversation/bartering.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1289 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo