Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 934 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
30. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 15:22 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:17:
For those wanting to get classic Thief joneses, try The Dark Mod, a free, standalone Thief mod of the Doom 3 engine.

That's all nice and cool, for sure, but my interest for that mod got absolutely and brutally obliberated the moment I realized these are fan-made maps. No matter how awesome the gameplay or mood, if I'm not following a story.. ergo there's no "higher purpose/goal", I have no motivation to play. I can't even feel the pathetic pride of being better than other players in some form of PVP.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
12. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 11:24 Quinn

Yakubs wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:21:
Oh, look, out-of-touch developers backpedaling. The fact of the matter is, if these people thought getting Headshot XP was a good idea in a Thief game then I can't even begin to imagine the rest of the horrors they've designed into this franchise rape.

Couldn't have put it better myself, which is why I quote you instead.

Also, I think they've put to much thought in the literal title (thief). Not sure if it's me, but I never played the original games because "OMGZ IZ SO AWSUM TO ST34LZ!". It was the character Garrett and the character of the game; the mood, the environment, etc., and the stealthy gameplay ofc. It wasn't the stealing of silver plates.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2013, 11:32.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 15, 2013, 09:36 Quinn

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:28:
Steam Weeklong Deals, October 14.

Since I'd preordered Retro City Rampage directly from the dev (via humble) last year, I got an email last week, with free keys for the PS3/Vita. Thought that was pretty damn cool!

Haha, I nearly flagged this comment as spam It had this "When I clicked this link, I won 8.000.000,- dollars!" ring to it.

Hehe. Hehmm. Yeah..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Revealed
4. Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Revealed Oct 13, 2013, 18:39 Quinn

Didn't even know there was a first game of that one.

Never understood the ridiculously early reboot of Spiderman. I thought the Mcguire movies were alright. The Amazing Spiderman was mildy entertaining but highly "unnecessary".

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 13, 2013, 17:37 Quinn

The Wolf Among Us is an absolute must have if you like a game like Walking Dead. The setting is great and puts Once Upon A Time to shame!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Dark Mod No Longer a Mod
16. Re: The Dark Mod No Longer a Mod Oct 13, 2013, 09:02 Quinn

Blahman wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 03:43:
Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 15:03:
I can't wait to try this! Is this literally Thief 1 with better graphics and physics, or fan made standalone missions?

It is not a Thief 1 remake, but of course the atmosphere and gameplay is very similar (and in many ways, better). The maps are all fan-made except the included St. Lucia and a (very good) training level.

Hmm alright. This knowledge completely and utterly blew away my interest in TDM. Obviously a huge factor in me enjoying a game is the story.

Completely off-topic: Why isn't Blues posting anything about The Wolf Among Us yet? It's better than The Walking Dead so far. I greatly enjoyed the first episode!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Dark Mod No Longer a Mod
13. Re: The Dark Mod No Longer a Mod Oct 12, 2013, 15:03 Quinn

I can't wait to try this! Is this literally Thief 1 with better graphics and physics, or fan made standalone missions?

Also, Thief 3 is always being subtly bashed. Am I the only one who thought the game was very good and even special? You could climb anything as long as it had an edge and surface. It gave a very unique sense of freedom games of those days simply DID NOT HAVE. Ironically it was the complete opposite to the context sensative jumping/climbing in THIEF 4.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Dark Eye - Demonicon
5. Re: Gone Gold - The Dark Eye - Demonicon Oct 12, 2013, 06:44 Quinn

I know it's all opinions, but I'd rather have a heavily consolized RPG than that shit that was Drakensang. Demonicon looks better.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Dark Eye - Demonicon
3. Re: Gone Gold - The Dark Eye - Demonicon Oct 11, 2013, 21:07 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 11:16:
Well, that's a shame. Instead of an improved Drakensang, they've simplified/dumbed down the game and made it so you only have 1 character to control. Looks like a bargain bin purchase at best now.

You say that like Drakensang wasn't an absolutely horrid game. It was one of those games that seemed to have been saved from inhumane bashing due to pity.

There's not enough footage on this game yet to know what to expect from it. The only footage I've seen was Alpha.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
44. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 11, 2013, 10:16 Quinn

Ladron3dfx wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 09:06:
Quinn wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 18:52:
As far as I know Garrett doesn't have supernatural powers in this THIEF either.

Tis' true sir, Garrett has no powers. The various potions give him certain abilities, speed, slow-fall, invisibility, health and also his mechanical eye in T2.

Wub!, Wub! (parkours) Wub!, Wub! Wink

I'm not saying there was nothing supernatural in the Thief universe. On the contrary. Garrett himself just didn't and still doesn't have any intrinsic supernatural powers.

Wub! Wub! (whatever that means) Wub! Wub!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

40. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 10, 2013, 18:52 Quinn

As far as I know Garrett doesn't have supernatural powers in this THIEF either. That horrible smokey vignette is a "in shadows" indicator and the slo-mo is an adrenaline rush / focus ability. The latter you shouldn't worry about because any sane person would play on "classic mode" difficulty, which removes that ability and the game is even balanced for this mode. So the focus ability is a fallback for the new kids.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

36. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 10, 2013, 11:22 Quinn

Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:47:
gray wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 08:59:
PC Gamer article:

...a prompt appears telling me I can jump across. Jumping is now a context- sensitive action. “Jumping, bouncing up and down, kind of broke the immersion,” says Schmidt.

Free jumping is immersion breaking but popup text that says 'We allow you to jump here' is not? What planet are you from? Seems to sum up the design decisions.

Hahaha, that's definitely one of the bigger loads of shit I've read lately. Basically we were too lazy in level design and jumping would let the player break the shit out of our game, sorry!

Exactly, you two. I can't believe there would be a single person in the whole wide world that would buy that airstrike of bullshit.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 18:14 Quinn

Lets sum up the crapfactors:

No free jumping
QTE's (cuties?)
Forced third person perspective moments
Garrett's face
Garrett's voice
No hammerites (by the Maker, what!?)
No mysterious other-worldliness
Dishonored sensa magica
No FOV adjustment

I'm gonna bury my face in my palm now. Nn.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 14:43 Quinn

Techie714 © wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 13:38:
Cancelled my pre-order with Greenman after reading that article on PC Gamer this morning....

Absolutely everything that lead level designer Daniel said was absolutely horrible, except for the part where he says they balanced the game without the Focus ability in mind. Everything else made my mind's voice go "No. Just.. no."

The worst thing is not that these lead designers fucking rape the potential of a project, but that they get paid allot while doing so. The crisis made me bitter like that.

Mark my words: The game's going to be alright, but in that same uninspiring-and-shallow-and-not-at-all-alright way most games of late are.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 13:14 Quinn

Fucking horrible. I wonder at what point in the story you'll get to know how and when Garrett contracted AIDS...

According to this trailer and all the info about this game so far, it looks like they've taken the title too literal. Seems like it's all about shiny trinkets now, for this ugly and shady fuck.

The old thief is dead. Long live the thug.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Oct 7, 2013, 11:23 Quinn

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 19:32:
Well considering there was a 'Classic' difficulty that actually unlocked the full AI, i wouldnt say that starting on normal is what most gamers did. Especially xcom vets.

Case in point is that not everyone's an XCOM vet -- many of us never touched the originals! -- and that, as a general fact, really, the "normal" difficulty in games is the most balanced. I could call myself a hardcore FPS player or "FPS vet" or "1337 FPS Pwn3r", but I still play most FPS games on normal difficulty for that exact reason. XCOM's normal difficulty was unbalanced easy.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Oct 5, 2013, 20:43 Quinn

The guy has a point though. I loved the game but it was indeed repetative and easy. I played on normal too, because that's what any experienced PC gamer should do in his right mind. A paradox indeed, but it's because we know most games are most properly balanced on normal difficulty. Unless you're absolutely hardcore, you probably won't start a strategic game on hardest difficulty, and the game shouldn't expect you too. Point is that XCOM's normal difficulty was unbalanced and ridiculously easy.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased
13. Re: CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased Oct 4, 2013, 04:29 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 03:41:
ASeven wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 13:21:
Conan RPG. Calling it!

Oh fuck...The witcher is not my cup of tea, but I would play the shit out of some Conan aRPG!

THAT RHYMES!

But anyway..! I fear the same as the other guy: That the devs are stretching themselves pretty goddamn thin. We all know The Witcher 3 is either going to be an absolute blast or an over-ambitious disaster. :\

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam
18. Re: BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam Oct 4, 2013, 03:03 Quinn

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 02:01:
I've had this on steam for over a year....

Yes, but didn't you buy the Steam version in the first place?

I'm still waiting for Arkham City to leave GFWL. Yes, I bought the GFWL version because that was the only one available at release. Can't wait for Earth to be rid of this fucking GFWL hellbeast.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
24. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 18:04 Quinn

Expected to see allot of negative bullshit about this obviously good news. If you like DX, the more the better with the logical hope of the products being good. If you don't like DX, you shouldn't waste our time and your own bitching.

Luckily only a few negative comments instead.

DX:HR was a great game, but indeed not perfect. While I loved the robocop style prologue, the rest of the story didn't involve the player enough imo. Other than that I think the game was fantastic, with the best moment being able to choose to save (or fail trying) or leave the pilot lady at some point.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

934 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo