Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1844 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
44. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 18:07 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on May 11, 2015, 17:55:
Sega should be glad fans have allowed them to have a success, after all their bullshit. Middlefinger

I've never seen the draw of Run and Hide games. I'm just too obsessive about character development, story and questing.

The one exception, is playing villain based RPGs such as GTA. I would play GTA in a heartbeat if it had character generation and at the very least neutral based story decisions. Something along the lines of rising through the ranks of the mob with a choice of steering the mob towards more legit or more villainous directions.

Hell, that's exactly what I missed so much in GTAV. There was no sense of progression. Franklin, who was a poor ghetto dude who couldn't get out of the life of a low thief had the best place after one of his first missions; Michael already was rich. Whenever they met an important guy, they IMMEDIATELY antagonized themselves. There was no real building story arch, no real antagonist, no sense of dread or importance.

I said it as a first impression and I say it again: GTAV was too crazy; too much a comedy. While no GTA takes itself too serious, this one went too far and simply made no sense. I'm surprised, truly, how anyone could be impressed by the campaign.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2015, 14:49 Quinn

The Witcher 3's preload has started.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/35l4em/witcher_3_preload_is_live_on_gog/

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
10. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 11:19 Quinn

I just find it hilarious how people can give a shit about any speculations. Lets just wait for the moment the first teaser pops up, at least, so you can all talk about that for the next 6 months before some actual gameplay is shown.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
19. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 11:06 Quinn

I loved the atmosphere of this game. The sneaking only got tedious because the story(telling) sucked and there were hardly any moments where you had to think quick and/or run like hell -- I was playing this game kicked back so far my back was on my chair instead of my ass, and not because I was "on the edge of my seat".  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 10, 2015, 21:37 Quinn

Fion wrote on May 10, 2015, 18:05:
100 hours in GTA 5 and no slow down in play yet.

I am eager for Witcher 3 but still haven't finished 2 yet. I plan on it but I can't.. stop... playing... GTA 5!

100 hours? Damn. Online mode doesnt move me except for the heists and the singleplayer campaign was crazy dumb, with 3 crazy fucks making no sense at all (at least trevor was honest about it).

I wonder if I'm getting old or my interests are really heavily shifting.. or both, but GTAV was not as impressive to me as it obviously is to many. Can't wait for TW3. I'm pretty certain that that game is gonna make every other game bow down to it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Syndicate?
3. Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate? May 8, 2015, 21:44 Quinn

Paris, London... I really couldn't care less. Seriously, anyone here expressing enthusiasm for this bled dry franchise should get a "not representative" burn mark on their forehead, so that we all know not to take them seriously whenever they express their opinion about other games.

For fuck's sake. Assassin's Creed hasn't tried anything remarkably new since AC2, with an exception to the sea faring, which was awesome in black.

How can people be excited? Every fucking AC game is the same price essX buttonto-win dimwit shite. Fuck off. I'm drunk but whstever

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
27. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 8, 2015, 04:24 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on May 8, 2015, 01:53:
Quinn wrote on May 7, 2015, 20:05:
Is this gonna be the GOTY or what!? Way more than 3 hours of gameplay content out there already. That's a dev confident about their product. Sceptics can fuck off at this hour.

Ah yes, because hype is always SUCH good advice with RPG's....

Hype is based on smart PR tricks and, like a phobia, irrational. We have 3+ hours of unedited gameplay footage for this game. Reviewers like Angry Joe have had their hands on the game already. I repeat: more than 3+ hours! And every single shot is nothing short of absolutely amazing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
21. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 20:05 Quinn

Is this gonna be the GOTY or what!? Way more than 3 hours of gameplay content out there already. That's a dev confident about their product. Sceptics can fuck off at this hour.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Myst TV Series Coming to Hulu
3. Re: Myst TV Series Coming to Hulu May 7, 2015, 08:24 Quinn

Blue, you'd have to correct something there

"Deadline has news that Hulu has secured rights to make a video game TV series based on Myst ..."

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
27. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 7, 2015, 06:16 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 7, 2015, 05:38:
I have worked in sales for the last 10 years. None of the keys that GMG has been selling represent a loss for CD Project, unless they are illegitimate keys. The pricing schemes and deals that CD Project offers to its partners allow these 'schenaningans' because they sell their product to different markets at differing wholesale prices. We live in an increasingly open and interconnected world marketplace, however the decision and responsibility to profit the most from ignoring this fact and enforcing artificial region locks lies squarely with the publishers who choose to do so.

In other words, a sale is a sale is a sale and CDProject will not go under because of any of this.

But they could have made more with said sale, and in all fairness too. I'm not into sales at all and all I'm using is my thinking mind, and I know where one country has a minimum wage of 9 dollars an hour.. the other has a minimum wage of 14 dollars. To me, it's all fair and good that in the first country the game is cheaper than in the other though relatively about equal. If a developer wouldn't be against the exploiting of this, they might as well sell the game globally for the price they would sell it for in Zimbabwe.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2015, 06:23.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
24. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 7, 2015, 05:15 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 7, 2015, 03:54:
Cutter wrote on May 7, 2015, 01:01:
I'm all for this. Fuck the publishers out there that use regional pricing for their own benefit and then expect the rest of us to bend over and take it sans lube.

I am in agreement with Cutter (for once) here. Im also sick of whiny fanobois pointing the finger of blame automatically at GMG even when they are putting the customer first.

Hey fanholes! Listen up! CD Project is NOT YOUR FRIEND, no matter how much you might think they are, they are a business and this 'request' by CD project to ignore GMG's discounts is a despicable business decision. Buy the game wherever it is cheapest, it is in your OWN interest.

But... I like CD Project, because they make awesome games, and I want them to continue making awesome games. Regional pricing exists because for me, for the price of one cappuccino in Australia I can have 4 in my country. It would be unfair if I would have to pay 4 times the price for a game, or citizens of Australia 4 times less.

Personally, I buy nearly all my games at G2A. It, however, doesn't make me a hypocrite because at least I can admit it's "unfair" for the devs. Yes, even if it's a business.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
67. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 19:22 Quinn

Zanthar wrote on May 6, 2015, 18:30:

Text neck comes from looking down at your phone, unless you plan on looking at your VR feet all day long I can't see how the two would be related.

Some insecure people might not be looking at their VR feet... Tiny

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

34. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 12:49 Quinn

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2015, 12:35:
MajorD wrote on May 6, 2015, 12:11:
Cutter wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:37:
A lot of people will end up with VR paperweights before this fad passes. That'll take a while however as there's too much money behind this movement at current. I have no doubt that VR will succeed one day, just not today. I still see this being of far more use in practical applications, AR in particular.

I have to agree. Similar to how the whole 3D television/monitor hype train that has slowly died off. Now it's curved TVs.

BUUUTTTT, until I try it, who really knows? /Shrug

That's basically what I was getting at. There will be the big push, people wanting to not miss the hype train, then finding its a bust for numerous reasons and it will slowly die out again. It'll take several years just like 3D did again, but it'll happen.

I don't think so. Not VR. VR will not die. It'll get better, and better, and better. New diseases will develop, both mentally and physicall; movies will once again be inspired by something that is now real and no longer science fiction; grand debates will sprout from the masses about VR and the implications it brings; etc; etc; etc.

The Oculus Rift will be a silly, tiny first step -- but VR will definitely not die. Actually, it will develop to a point where when girls see a strong, fit guy walk down the street, they'll say "Hey look, a gamer!". We'll probably all be psychopaths, too.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 10:07 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:57:
Quinn wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:51:
wtf_man wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:45:
Meh. Still a gimmick. Great for racing games/flying sims/rollercoaster tech demos, but I'll keep waiting for holodeck/brain implants.

This.

Pretty much a niche market, IMO. Like 3D TV, but a little bigger.

I love gaming, but I have zero interest strapping something to my skull.

/shrug

But you HAVE interest in putting something IN your skull. ...

I'm still not sure how this will work, sitting behind a desk. The Oculus Rift doesn't have gloves, does it? Either way, I'm sure you'd still need your keyboard. So tell me how that works. I'm playing an FPS, an enemy is behind me. I turn around with the Oculus Rift but have to leave my ability to actually shoot behind on my desk. Seriously, tell me how this works?

I feel like it's a rhetoric question, which is why I too believe it's but a gimmick still.

Nope you got it all wrong. The 'view' with the Oculus is on a seperate axis from your mouse/controller. So you can look one way, and shoot another. Just like real life...

Ideally its not really suited for FPS shooters just yet, apparently since very few (if any) support the kind of behaviour I described above. Native support is going to be found in sims and driving games (since most of them have supported TrackIR for years), but it will come. If you build it, they will come...

Of course they will come, at some point. Just not yet and I think not before 2018 or -19 at the earliest.

As for my example with an enemy being behind me... Your answer didn't really make sense. I know it's on a seperate axis, and that doesn't fix it. I have to look behind me, 160 degrees. I'm not an owl so I can't physically do that without letting go of my ability to shoot (the keyboard and/or mouse). Anyway, of course I know the answer to my own question.. which is turning around just isn't an option if you want to be able to shoot, so you'll have your keyboard and/or mouse to actually turn your ingame body.. but I think it defeats the purpose of VR. At least it does to me.

It's not that I don't applaud the Oculus Rift. It's the first step to actual VR. But at the same time I also laugh at the ridiculousness of this "first step" because, fuck me, I've been playing with these "oculus rift" things in arcade halls for 5 dollars a match 20 years ago.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 09:51 Quinn

wtf_man wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:45:
Meh. Still a gimmick. Great for racing games/flying sims/rollercoaster tech demos, but I'll keep waiting for holodeck/brain implants.

This.

Pretty much a niche market, IMO. Like 3D TV, but a little bigger.

I love gaming, but I have zero interest strapping something to my skull.

/shrug

But you HAVE interest in putting something IN your skull. ...

I'm still not sure how this will work, sitting behind a desk. The Oculus Rift doesn't have gloves, does it? Either way, I'm sure you'd still need your keyboard. So tell me how that works. I'm playing an FPS, an enemy is behind me. I turn around with the Oculus Rift but have to leave my ability to actually shoot behind on my desk. Seriously, tell me how this works?

I feel like it's a rhetoric question, which is why I too believe it's but a gimmick still.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles
10. Batman: Arkham Tanks May 6, 2015, 09:01 Quinn

I'm actually not looking forward to Arkham Knight AT ALL, anymore. PR is focusing too much on those goddamn tanks. Seriously, once I saw the Arkham Knight with an ARMY OF TANKS behind him in that last trailer.. the anticipation for this game plummeted.

I would be lying if I said I'm not gonna buy this game day one. I am. I'm like that, because I LOVE the Arkham series (Origins included!). Are my hopes high? Not anymore.

I love the Arkham series because Batman feels so tank'ish. Never once did I actually ask for fucking tanks, though. Did anyone?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 4, 2015, 18:55 Quinn

I feel like the only gamer in the world with this opinion right now but fuck it: I think the GTAV singleplayer campaign was just crap. There was no sense of danger or purpose, just 3 mindless dudes doing mindless shit. The only thing that made Trevor stand out was him being honest about it.

As for GTA Online.. Well, the Heists are awesome although horribly unforgiving if you try them with any crew other than a group of voice chatty friends. Freeroaming feels useless because the game clearly doesn't want you to go on a killing spree but those that do are exploiting the Passive Mode so they can only gank you on their terms.

Great graphics. Great gameplay. Best reviewed game ever? Hype kills reason.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 1, 2015, 18:59 Quinn

King's Quest Collection was a no-brainer. <3  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
23. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 13:46 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:32:
EricFate wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:23:
Who would be the target audience for this? I appreciate that they want to keep the IP alive, but the game was absolute garbage on every level. No amount of hype could possibly get them the kind of return necessary to cover the development cost of a sequel.

Seriously? Are you trolling? How can so many of you be so out of touch with reality? Seriously, have you ever played a game before?

Ther's more than 1 CJ_Parker, ItBurn. Some people have never played a game yet just love to bitch about it, sometimes spurred on by negative comments they've read from gamers who have played the game.

Take a deep breath. Let it go.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
26. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 12:54 Quinn

Verno wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:39:
Brumbek wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:33:
Yes, I suppose it did sound condescending. It wasn't my intent.

Of course it was as your followup clearly demonstrates. You don't really address your own failings in recognizing that the game actually has methods of making it more difficult either. The developer should've included difficulty levels but if you play games with all of the hand holding toggles on then no one is going to take complaints about difficulty seriously.

The guy Brumbek is right, simple as that. I would disagree with his demeanor when talking about any other game except this one. Again: NEMESIS SYSTEM! If you want that system to work, the player needs to die. A lot. Period. Fact. If the player doesn't die, the Nemesis system is a waste.

I maybe died twice in the game, and that wasn't because of said "OMG, immunitiez!" because I could easily hold off 50 orcs while beating the solid fuck out of the immune orc until he finally gave. The times I died was when the game surprised me with 4 or 5 champions at once.

So, yeah.. for very pro players this game cannot release its full potential, because the player won't die enough. Again, that's a fact. In my opinion, this game needs to release its full potential otherwise you're just running around in an empty world killing Uruks.

If that's too condescending for you, grow a pair.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1844 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo