Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 936 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 1, 2013, 19:58 Quinn

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 14:19:
Prez wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 12:44:
So far the only really negative review I've seen for Batman has been the Destructoid one. So I guess it's safe to say that it's at least solid if not great.

This sums it up well.

Seriously, I'm fucking sick of that "originators" argument. It's like people who are too pussy to have an opinion of their own just keep repeating the opinion that has the most hype.

I've played Arkham Asylum twice. I've played Arkham City twice. I freaking love the games and I know their shit like the back of my hand. This third title is exactly like the first two: the combat is great fun, the graphics and gameplay are solid, the story is meh but keeps you going. If you're unbiased and you've actually PLAYED THE FUCKING GAMES, then this game will be a blast if you liked the earlier ones AND you didn't expect any remarkable innovation.

The game still has predator/stealth encounters; cool and fun gadgets; a noir Gotham mood; many thugs to fuck up; combat points; etc.

"It sucks because it's not done by Rocksteady" /whine

Play the game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief Trailer
7. Re: Thief Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 15:17 Quinn

"What's Yours is Mine"

I'd like to nominate that slogan for The Stupidest Most Uninspiring Game Slogan Ever nomination.

Yo, devs! Thief was never about just stealing shit! You got it ALL. FUCKING. WRONG! from the get-go.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3
38. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Nov 1, 2013, 05:53 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:09:
Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:32:
Quinn wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 05:28:
I agree with you that the literal fucking around and fumb fistfights are unnecessary. In any other game -- like God of War an GTA (the sex) -- I know it's put in there to bring in the youth group that only just found out that shaking their cock feels good and are in their Compulsive Masturbation Disorder period. But in The Witcher's case I don't feel that way -- it really makes that disgusting world complete.

It always seems weird to me that Geralt says he loves Trish so much, but never really hesitates at the opportunity to stick his dick in whatever succubus (literally) happens to be available.

I always make him keep it in his pants, except for one playthrough where I just played him as not really giving a shit about Trish anyway.

He's like that in the books too. From what I remember he loved some sorceress (Yennefer?) and she died so now he fucks everything that may slightly remind him of her. He's a broken dude.

edit: Hmm after looking it up I don't think she died... I think I'm mixing a few stories up. But Wikipedia says this so I think it's still her that he's obsessed with all the time, "Yennefer is Geralt's "soul mate" although their relationship is difficult and full of drama. Both Geralt and Yennefer are sterile, which adds another level of tragedy to the mix."

Yennefer is taken by the "Wild Hunt" before Geralt's amnesia. The Wild Hunt is thought to be a bunch of immortal specters -- actually, scientists think more of it as a "phenomenon". As Gertalt's memory returns more fully in The Witcher 2, he finds out the Wild Hunt are some sort of "elves" of pure evil from an entirely different dimension. By the end of The Witcher 2 he knows they probably still have Yennefer.

The Witcher 3 will be all about that, I think. I can't wait to finally bring the fight to the fuckers of the Wild Hunt!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Oct 31, 2013, 13:06 Quinn

Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:32:
Quinn wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 05:28:
I agree with you that the literal fucking around and fumb fistfights are unnecessary. In any other game -- like God of War an GTA (the sex) -- I know it's put in there to bring in the youth group that only just found out that shaking their cock feels good and are in their Compulsive Masturbation Disorder period. But in The Witcher's case I don't feel that way -- it really makes that disgusting world complete.

It always seems weird to me that Geralt says he loves Trish so much, but never really hesitates at the opportunity to stick his dick in whatever succubus (literally) happens to be available.

I always make him keep it in his pants, except for one playthrough where I just played him as not really giving a shit about Trish anyway.

Yup, that felt weird to me too. I, too, played the game being loyal to Triss, and then another replay being a manwhore for curiousity's sake.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Oct 31, 2013, 05:28 Quinn

NewMaxx wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 00:08:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 20:37:
Nah, let's face it, the consenus is people either really like these games a lot or just find them really meh. I'm in the meh category.

Me too. I'm also in the "meh" category for Game of Thrones. To me they're both just excuses to act or seem "mature" through sex, politics, and action sequences. For me, fantasy should be just that: fantasy. Give me a hero (and a sidekick or best friend), a villain (with appropriate minions), a love interest (with something to keep them apart), and a MacGuffin (with plenty of sidetracks). Obviously that doesn't have to be the sole or exact template, I'm just explaining the difference.

An example of a game fitting this would be FF2 (which has no sex, no convoluted politics, and no QTE's or asinine combat/crafting components) and of entertainment media, the Harry Potter series (same deal). Then again I guess if I want a "mature" fantasy RPG I need to randomly sleep with chicks, roll dice, fistfight, and dodge my way around enemies. Or perhaps I need gratuitous violence and sex, incest, rape, murder, etc.

Fact is, I can already get all of that in real life. I get enough of it as it is. Sometimes I just want to enjoy an RPG or fantasy where I actually have some attachment or connection with the protagonist...I'm sorry but Geralt does nothing for me. Quite frankly, The Witcher series to me feels like it harkens back to the action-style RPGs on consoles, which I have no problem with but to embrace games like that and then turn around and shun console players is hypocritical. Seriously, The Witcher 2 did not feel at home on a PC except for the graphics and the pointlessly complex crafting. Then again I could say the same for Dark Souls, which I also didn't care for, for similar reasons.

That being said I do appreciate CD Projekt's efforts with GOG and on DRM, even if their past with it is not spotless.

No idea how you got to the conclusion that Geralt's character fits that of console game characters. It's the complete other way around: the stereotypical template you described, that's console games/chars all the way.

Except for his whore-hoppin' attitude, I love Geralt. He's by far my favorite character. He's complex; chaotic good, sometimes shockingly stoic and other times remarkably empathetic. Yet, somehow it all makes sense.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced
12. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 03:26 Quinn

We'll play as Clamentine? Awesome! I thought they had let go of that story and went in an entirely new direction. This is great news for me ^^

Also, people, if you like these Walking Dead games YOU GOTTA TRY The Wolf Among Us. I'm crazy excited about the game and can't wait for te next episodes.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Game Reviews Oct 29, 2013, 19:07 Quinn

I never managed to get far into AC3. I've given AC4 zero attention because of it. They should reboot the story or something, because I'm no longer on track and it's a demotivation.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 29, 2013, 14:29 Quinn

Didn't read the Destructoid review, but no idea what that whining quote is talking about two comments down or so. Reviewers tend to search like obsessed bloodhounds for crap just because it's not done by Rocksteady.

I've said this in another thread already: Ppl who moan about Arkham Origins are probably just disappointed there's little innovation. The game isn't as perfectly flawless as the earlier two, but it's still amazingly awesome; the combat is still amazingly fun.

Juat try the game and stop listening to bitter reviewers who live to bitch.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 10:23 Quinn

Wolfox wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 00:29:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 21:09:
Is it just me, or do they attack a lot sooner now? I am noticing they are almost crowding me when I am fighting someone, I am CONSTANTLY doing a counter move. Wasn't this in your face before. A nice change, since the fighting in the previous 2 were easy, they would really spread out and let you get tons of long combos. This one you have to be smarter.

Not just you. Bad guys are more agressive, and so is Batman. I like the change too.

Same here! The change is obvious. At first, due to uncharacteristic failures from my side, I thought the counter warnings were later than before, giving me a shorter time to react. But maybe it's just that they attack much more often. Or maybe it's actually both. This or that, I love it. I wanna be an Apex Vigilante all the time so it really pushes me to be better.

Love the game. Can't wait to get home from work!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 18:43 Quinn

I'm having no issues with the double-counter move. Are you sure you're pressing your right mouse button twice in these cases?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 27, 2013, 18:37 Quinn

Other than the slight lack of polish (do note that we're comparing it to 2 games that were freakishly perfect), though, this game is a blast. I'm enjoying it allot and I really get this big city christmas vibe when I'm gliding through Gotham.

What I don't really dig are the skill trees. They are kinda based on achievements, as you can only progress in each tree by performing the achievement asked of you one achievement at a time. Can anyone tell me WHAT THE HELL a preditor encounter is? I cannot progress in the Predator/Stealth tree because I need to complete a "predator encounter without being seen". I'm certain I've achieved that about 6 or 7 times already. It seems I'm stuck on the third step of the Predator progression.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 13:55 Quinn

Batman: Arkham Origins is awesome. Just like the first and second game. People who love the first two but complain about this one probably have a hard time dealing with the fact there's not much innovation. Other than that, it's just more of the same awesomeness.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 25, 2013, 19:00 Quinn

You'd think that hiring a small team of about 20 people with 20 different rig set-ups playing the game from start to finish on their own rig would be enough for a proper spotting and sweeping of gamekilling bugs like that?

Seriously! I don't get it!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 Next Month
3. Re: BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 Next Month Oct 25, 2013, 17:35 Quinn

Was looking forward to it until a second ago, when I remembered that everything you do won't really matter.

If you fuck it up in this universe, you'll prolly do it alright in one of the other zillion.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 25, 2013, 14:42 Quinn

My Batty is still patiently waiting in his bat cave. Had to work all day and do some social time at the parents in law...

What I found remarkable in the footage seen is that they seem to have done away with the dark look. Although I've read Batman himself is nuch darker than you'd expect, the city looks very snowy white. Batman himself looks much more.. bulky. His bat "ears" are shorter and he looks more like a tough dwarf overall. Dunno if I will dig the look. I'd go for the Arkham Asylum/City Batman skin whenever I could!

Writing empty words here.. I know, as I'm defiling my parents in law's toilet -_- Just cant wait to play!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer
17. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer Oct 23, 2013, 18:29 Quinn

Wraith wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 04:43:
Christ, that frame rate is awful. I sincerely hope it's just because this demo is on PS3, because if that's the framerate on a PC rig, then they can take the damn game back.

I have no idea how PS3 players can even put up with this. The juddering of the sign in the distance as he rotates the camera shows just how bad this is.

Of course the fps won't be this low on good PC rig. No reason to doubt that at all.

As for the PS3 fps complaint.. it shows how absolutely oblivious most console gamers are to the superiority of the PC. They must have no fucking clue what a game should run like. I got PS3 for my birthday from my old lady because she wants to chill on the couch as she watches me play games, and even Uncharted 1 sometimes runs with an fps rate that'd make me do a PC rage-upgrade.

Console ppl always told me to give consoles a more serious try before setting my opinion in stone. Well, it's set in stone now.. and it's more fanatic than it was before: consoles are actually worse than PC's in EVERY single way.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds
4. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 11:11 Quinn

One would argue a story is especially good if the end isnt at all what you expected

I understand GOG

Still waiting for my MA3 refund..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
59. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 22, 2013, 07:45 Quinn

+1 on Raptor's elaboration on why the removal of manual jumping can lead to frustration.

Jerykk wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 04:00:
Quinn wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:07:
Having issues with people somehow defending the idea of no manual jumping. It sucks as a matter of fact. No matter what excuse you make up. The major reason, that seems to be ignored indefinitely, is the fact that you can now no longer calculate a jump onto a set of boxes, for example, from a higher level up, to get a better position to either ghost past or knock out a guard.

There's no "we'll see" in this. It sucks. Period. How much the entire game will suck or not? We'll see, indeed.

You don't need to calculate a jump onto a set of boxes because the game will do it for you. As I mentioned earlier, the game uses an AC-style traversal system where the game automatically jumps for you. So, if there's a set of boxes you can jump on and you run towards it, you will automatically jump onto the set of boxes. Granted, removing the skill part of it is disappointing but you're still able to go where you want to go.

The lack of manual jumping really isn't that big of a deal if there are other systems that achieve the same results.

Jerykk, I'm not sure it's my English. Do I really suck at describing my point?

I'll give it another try...

Imagine you stand on a wall. Five meters below you there's a set of boxes, positioned 3 meters away from the wall you stand on. You want to jump onto that set of boxes, because it keeps you in the shadows / keeps you from landing on metal tiles / gets you right behind a guard for a knock-out / whatever. You, however, can't make that jump because the game won't recognize the boxes you target. If the game will let you jump automatically if you run off any edge, it might make you jump too far or too short.

If you think the game can read the player's mind, then there's no problem with it, indeed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
56. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 21, 2013, 10:07 Quinn

Having issues with people somehow defending the idea of no manual jumping. It sucks as a matter of fact. No matter what excuse you make up. The major reason, that seems to be ignored indefinitely, is the fact that you can now no longer calculate a jump onto a set of boxes, for example, from a higher level up, to get a better position to either ghost past or knock out a guard.

There's no "we'll see" in this. It sucks. Period. How much the entire game will suck or not? We'll see, indeed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Arkham Games Ditch GFWL
51. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 19, 2013, 09:49 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 02:05:
Quinn wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 15:26:
Wtf, why isn't my game key working..? Anything obvious I could doing wrong?

If you read the comments on the steam announcement you'll see you are not the only one having this issue... lots and I mean nearly everyone with "original" (pre-order or bought when the game was out) retail keys has this problem.

Here is official steam reply -
http://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/810938810659179083/

Thanks for the headsup!

lol, that response has a real "ffs, we can't be arsed with this shit" ring to it somehow

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

936 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo