Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1365 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
26. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 13:30 Quinn

DirectX 11 graphics card with 4 GB video RAM

lmfao

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
90. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Sep 4, 2014, 13:27 Quinn

Nov 14! Can't wait to shoot hookers in the back to get my money back! 'Cause that's what we do and why we play GTA! Fuck me that last part rhymed. Witch Rifle  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
329. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2014, 04:15 Quinn

Sho wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 21:31:
Julio wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 20:44:
If there's 'fucking stupidity' on both sides, I assume it would also apply to the 'uncomfortable' poster who's mostly sitting on the fence...

Sure, I've been known to occassionally be stupid.

Anyway, I'm actually sorry I wrote that post in that way. It was shitty style, both for retreading already-covered ground and acting as if you're "not in the room". I think we should be better than that with one another in here even when in disagreement, so again, sorry.

Gotta get this off my chest: I'm not sure what I find more annoying to find on the internet -- fucking stupidity or this neverending political correctness. But I can sure as hell say that the latter is giving me, personally, a nasty itch.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Sep 3, 2014, 09:24 Quinn

Not surprised that the graphics are better. The game is newer. The most interesting news is that the scale ratio is... what, realistic now? Climbing a cathedral would this time actually mean climbing a BIG ASS CATHEDRAL! When I was back in Italy this summer, looking at the huge cathedrals and majestic landscapes, it again came to me how horribly unrealistic the scale is in games (not just AC, also Skyrim and honestly any other game I can think of).

If they claim the scale ratio of this game is (near)realistic... well, that sounds interesting and I hope future games take an example.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
309. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2014, 06:45 Quinn

Sad to see how this interesting topic got entirely fucked up by some personal vendetta against Beamer. Personally I don't give a shit whether he's a lawyer or not, or claims to be one or not. This is the internet. All of you are a faceless bunch of text, to me, which is alright.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
291. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2014, 11:46 Quinn

Beamer, I can't disagree with anything you just said. I know she targets games because that's what she cares about. However, is she a hypocrite who only cares about less naked women in games, or would she like to see the core of the issue solved? I wasn't deflecting the issue to global warming or something. Her issue is how women (or their image) are treated in the media, not just games. She's complaining about people calling female Shepard "FemShep". She's complaining about some Mario Brothers evil boss woman to wear lipstick instead of some other visual that would define her character. In the meantime, there's tight asses dancing on cars under a soapy shower and completely -- completely! -- naked women dancing in music videos. There's a big fucking contrast between the latter examples and the first examples. So big that, indeed, the first examples aren't worth the noise this woman (or.. cockless narrator, so not to offend?) is making compared to the big, indoctrinating monsterbeasts that's shit like MTV.

Edit/Add: And I repeat, if she does want to target the relatively innocent (in this light) gaming industry, use examples like how right about every woman in GTA is either (half)naked or a hooker and stay the bleep away from shit like "omg they said FemShep!".

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2014, 12:00.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
288. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2014, 09:10 Quinn

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 07:34:
GTA is so derivative of film and pop culture generally though. It's a MTV music video/hip hop culture/martin scorcese gangster film/scarface on steriods. Much of the misogyny in it originates elsewhere.

The last few GTA titles appeal is massive, way outside of core gamer culture. It has incredible mass market appeal. You could look at GTA as something that reflects society generally albeit pumped up on steroids.

Game developers aren't a bunch of sickos coming up with awful ideas in isolation. They reflect tastes generally.

I agree with both you and RedMask on this to some extent. Yes, the misogyny in it originates elsewhere -- videogames are not the root of the problem. Again, this is why I think Sarkaasian gets all this hate. She's overanalyzing and nitpicking computergames, while computergames are but a small part of the problem. And things like people calling female Shepard "FemShep" instead of "Shepard, without the penis" or a Supermario diva definitely aren't worth the energy. Go put that energy in the more immediate issues, like skanks rubbing their cunts on black guys' cars in music videos available to watch 24/7 for our 8 year-old children, or MTV portraying women as dumb, slutty moneywhores and calling it "reality TV".

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2014, 09:16.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
284. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2014, 07:41 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 07:27:
Quinn wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 05:02:
Yeah, well, it's developers like Rockstar that do "deserve" a militant-feminist beating. Their approach and/or view on women seems to be that of a 16 year-old, with a PS controller in his left hand and his penis in his right. In fact, it's the entire image of Rockstar for me. It's kind of a paradox that their games are so extremely solid nonetheless.

No they don't deserve anything. *snip*

I know. It's why I wrote deserve in quotations.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alone in the Dark: Illumination Trailer, Details
6. Re: Alone in the Dark: Illumination Trailer, Details Sep 2, 2014, 06:25 Quinn

What a horrid shit. Mark my words: this game will suck.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
280. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2014, 05:02 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 02:30:
It's interesting. I just finished Crysis 2. Only one female character, but a particularly strong female character. Well, not that any characters in that game are particularly strong.

And I'm in Max Payne 3 now. Most of the females are basically sex workers or stupid party girls you need to rescue. But it's in Brazil, playing to the noir aspect. Still, that part feels more Rockstar and less Max Payne. Unless a female pops out of the woodwork soon, I don't really have a sense for how far into the game I am.

Yeah, well, it's developers like Rockstar that do "deserve" a militant-feminist beating. Their approach and/or view on women seems to be that of a 16 year-old, with a PS controller in his left hand and his penis in his right. In fact, it's the entire image of Rockstar for me. It's kind of a paradox that their games are so extremely solid nonetheless.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2014, 05:07.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
253. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 08:27 Quinn

The overanalyzing and nitpicking that's happening in her videos, particularly the one called Ms. Male Character, shows everything that's "wrong" in her approach and why the gaming community lashes out to her. The Mass Effect thing, for example. She fucking manages to talk shite about female Shepard (shock! I just used the gender to explain I am talking about, well.. the not-male Shepard! :O fuck off) while FemShep (SHOCK!! Again!!) is maybe the biggest proof that female protagonists can work without all the sexualization. Stuff like that just doens't work in her favor at all. She also continues to complain about why only the male Shepard is shown in advertizements. No shit. There's 3 billion reasons why only the male Shepard is shown in the advertizements and none of them are reasons that would strengthen her cause. Besides, EA even went out of its way to make the box cover in such a way that you can switch between male and female Shep.

Again, it's her overanalyzing, nitpicking, crybaby nonsense that causes this shitstorm. I started watching her videos with an open-mind, sympathizing deeply because my wife made me aware how female characters in games are often being sexified just to give the male gamers a boner. But how she approaches it -- jesus fucking christ.

We're seeing a very female-friendly Tomb Raider -- would any militant feminist complain about the latest TR? -- and a tough, awesome FemShep. Things are progressing. Though I agree with her cause, I personally disagree that she has to make such noise, with her overanalyzing, nitpicking, crybaby nonsense in videos like Ms. Male Character.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
186. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 14:45 Quinn

http://youtu.be/eYqYLfm1rWA

Seriously what the fuck. I somehow hadn't heard of this woman yet, really, though I had heard of the discussion going on. So, with an open mind I youtubed her and started to watch the above linked video "Ms. Male Character". After 6 minutes I was like "Where the FUCK IS THIS GOING?!" Jesus Christ save my soul!!

I understand gamers going fucking nuts due to this ridiculous shit. Fuck me. Fuuuuuck....

*will try to post a more meaningful post when his mind is cleared of the first 10 minutes of above linked shite*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
12. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 30, 2014, 12:10 Quinn

peteham wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 11:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 01:13:
Something with this much hype is making me very skeptical nowadays....
Especially with marketing buzzwords innovations like "Nemesis system" (not that I've really read up on what it entails) being thrown around. Radiant AI, anyone?

What was this thing again that they laid on so thick with every PR piece of Dragon Age 2? The frame narrative, I think it was. If the fact that a game has a "frame narrative" is something they have to use in every single fucking PR piece of an upcoming game as THE unique selling point, we should've known the game was going to be fucking shite. The joke's on us on that one.

Not really feeling it at all with this; gameplay looks a bit naff to me. Being positively surprised is always nice, though, so hoping for that outcome.

Same here. I'm still kinnnda-but-not-really looking forward to the game though. Open-world, Middle Earth, Orcs... maybe an interesting story... it can be alright. Assassins Creed combat, I'm afraid, which is why there's always a bit of vomit in my mouth where this game is concerned, though.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 29, 2014, 21:05 Quinn

Task wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 20:09:
Can I actually PLAY as the Orc though? I haven't seen really one good LoTR SP RPG that has a tale from the Orc side of things.

That wouldn't be particularly interesting though, would it really? Orcs are pure evil and always follow orders from some other pure evil dude. And it's the cliche kinda evil -- the kind of evil that even the most homicidal psychopath would judge as such -- and not the kind of evil that's really just different perspective from what we've learned and experienced to be good. With this basic evilness, there can only be an interesting character born from it when it somehow has a conscience. A comparison most proper in this aspect might be the dark elf, Drizzt, in R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms books.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
9. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 29, 2014, 09:53 Quinn

Xero wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 08:52:
Quinn wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 03:36:
Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:43:
Man, of all the things to be Lord over, Fallen Trailers seems pretty low on the list...

*badum pssh*

Ok I actually laughed out loud xP

Looking forward to this game! There's enough gameplay trailers, btw! People and even the developers compare this game with Dark Souls. "WRONG!" I say! I've looked at the gameplay trailers and this game is basically the spiritual successor of Severance - Blade of Darkness!
But I've already said that

Holy crap, I completely forgot about that game Severance - Blade of Darkness. Does that show how old we are if we know about it? lol

That was one of my favorite "pirated" games back then, lol. I don't do that stuff anymore though! I'm completely clean!

Ah Severance, I do remember it for it's limb chopping gore goodness, and it did have some slick graphics for it's time. Controls sucked, but most 3rd person games had crappy controls back then. I remember thinking the game was a tougher version of Rune. Ah, the good ole days.

28 years old here And arrrgh you pirated it? That hurts, because this fanboy here (who even got his nickanme "Vinnie the Great" in the special thanks part of the credits!) never forgets the bad news of Rebelact going bankrupt right after their first, fucking epic game That's on you, man! That's on you!

Die By The Sword, haha.. I tried it back in the day but I was either way too young or the controls were way too crappy. That mouse-to-sword thing just didn't work and those evil swines had me for breakfast!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
6. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 29, 2014, 03:36 Quinn

Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:43:
Man, of all the things to be Lord over, Fallen Trailers seems pretty low on the list...

*badum pssh*

Ok I actually laughed out loud xP

Looking forward to this game! There's enough gameplay trailers, btw! People and even the developers compare this game with Dark Souls. "WRONG!" I say! I've looked at the gameplay trailers and this game is basically the spiritual successor of Severance - Blade of Darkness!
But I've already said that

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
34. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 28, 2014, 17:25 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 12:33:
Quinn wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:30:
Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:27:
Does the normal game also have co-op multiplayer?

Nope. That would add tons of complications that require tons of time and money that would inevitably make the entire singleplayer experience suffer horribly. So be glad the normal game does not feature co-op.

I have never shared this opinion and making games is hard and EA are big boys. In time the large open world RPG's will start offering Co-op play. As always an option and should be nothing different from the playing SP, just now you have friends. Party pooper.

In an ideal world, of course I'd prefer that idea above singleplayer-only. But this isn't the ideal world. Adding co-op will always cost money and time, and since the development of every game has a set budget, logic states the true *SINGLE*player will suffer -- it wouldn't be as good as it could have been without co-op.

Name any "singleplayer" game with a co-op ability within the singleplayer campaign, and I guarantee you the true singleplayer experience has suffered from it. I'll even try to give examples where and why.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit
19. Re: X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit Aug 28, 2014, 06:37 Quinn

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:06:
Slashman wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 14:27:
And according to this interview, the CEO still doesn't get why people don't like the game and has no intention of really making the big changes needed.

It's like he's saying they made a great game and people just don't get how great it is.

And any other year, he might be able to get away with that. *snip*

What? Surprised

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 14:30 Quinn

Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:27:
Does the normal game also have co-op multiplayer?

Nope. That would add tons of complications that require tons of time and money that would inevitably make the entire singleplayer experience suffer horribly. So be glad the normal game does not feature co-op.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 13:53 Quinn

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:00:
But will we have Inquisition assets that only count at 50% unless we play multiplayer?? Because everyone just LOVED that part of it in ME3!

They've basically been "no it's single player, no it's single player, no it's single player," for all this time, then they delay it an extra 6 weeks and now, tadaaaa, coop multiplayer.

Marketoid checkbox... TICKED!

But all kidding aside, I actually really enjoyed the ME3 multiplayer and spent probably several hundred hours in it, so if this is as good or better, it'll be a welcome addition. I just can't help shake the feeling that it's been added only recently and will suffer because of it. Though the video looks pretty darn good.

^This. As if plucked from my mind. It's a strangely late announcement for a feature like this.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1365 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo