Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1667 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
58. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 20, 2015, 04:55 Quinn

I dunno, but my enthusiasm has shifted to another game. For me, this looks so.. SO much more interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiZGWeGxVI

I just watched it. It's a 10 mins First Look on Storm Coast Legends. I swear, I have that warm fuzzy feeling in my chest now. I'm in love.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 14:02 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 13:16:
Quinn wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:23:
Flo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:11:
InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:25:
I kind of ignored the development of this, lets hope it turns out better than Divinity. Divinity had some great combat mechanics but the story and characters were bland sauce, couldnt keep my attention for that long.
Sadly, I agree.

Pretty much yeah.. decent combat, but barely ok story and really not ok characters. A complete lack of character growth, characterization and interactions between characters. Even the dialog between characters seemed generic and inconsequential... but at least it was a decent RPG... in a way.

I agree, too. I hope PoEt won't be for hardcore CRPG players only. I sucked at Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale horribly. Ten years ago I couldn't even get past the first encounters. I tried the BG remake and I made it about 3 to 4 hours into the game before the enemies were really gaining the advantage. For some reason there's a line to be drawn for me, and BG/Icewind Dale is too hardcore.

I hope this is more toward Neverwinter Nights / Divinity OS but I doubt it :\

Anyone got something to say on this matter whom have played PoEt or know a lot about it?

As Futurama would say: You're bad and you should feel bad

My experience with the beta is that its difficult but fair, much like the games you mentioned. If you did poorly at old CRPGs then I doubt you will fare any better here. It doesn't sound like these games are for you.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with patience and the degree of how much you care. I understand the concept of requirements to ware certain armors or use certain spells, but -- while I cannot remember the details -- if I remember correctly in those games it wasn't just Strength or Intel but a whole bunch of other shit that wouldn't make sense to anyone who hadn't sat on a D&D table or devoured the manual.

Neverwinter Nights was more forgiving. For instance, back then I didn't really know or cared what AC stood for and only years later I realized D stood for dice. I loved NWN however, and while I'm sure my characters weren't perfect builds, I didn't get butchered.

Someone earlier mentioned that PoEt's gear system is kind of what the average gamer is used to. No crazy D&D rules I liked the news. I'm definitely not writing this one off.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

46. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 10:48 Quinn

Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 10:14:
There are plenty of other games on the market for people who want a lite RPG experience and not many games like BG/IWD for people who don't mind a bit of complexity and depth. People kickstarted this because its a spiritual successor to those games, that's what its going to be.

It's not like I was starting a debate here, so don't pretend I did.

Anyway, good to know. I'll give it a try anyway because it does look good! I'll just keep my expectations realistically low for a gamer like meself.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
24. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 18, 2015, 10:45 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:12:
Quinn wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 17:09:
Noob question: Is PoE part of the Forgotten Realms? Please say yes (unless it's a lie).

No. Obsidian, as far as I know, has no rights to use Forgotten Realms or any other flavor of D&D/AD&D for PoEt (PoE = Path of Exile!)

It's definitely more than just a tip of the hat to D&D style rulesets and lore though. Personally I'm glad they aren't tied down by any WotC or any other company's lore, but I can get the argument for a game like this being based in an established universe that people love, too.

I have faith that Obsidian's writing ability is good enough to build a new universe that's still entertaining and usable, game-wise.

Ah! Well, the setting is very similar so that's alright! Too bad, but all right. I'm a 29 year old Drizzt fan so a real sucker for Forgotten Realms games =)

I got caught in the current of the enthusiasm on this page. Watched more videos. Gief!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

43. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 09:44 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:23:
Flo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:11:
InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:25:
I kind of ignored the development of this, lets hope it turns out better than Divinity. Divinity had some great combat mechanics but the story and characters were bland sauce, couldnt keep my attention for that long.
Sadly, I agree.

Pretty much yeah.. decent combat, but barely ok story and really not ok characters. A complete lack of character growth, characterization and interactions between characters. Even the dialog between characters seemed generic and inconsequential... but at least it was a decent RPG... in a way.

I agree, too. I hope PoEt won't be for hardcore CRPG players only. I sucked at Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale horribly. Ten years ago I couldn't even get past the first encounters. I tried the BG remake and I made it about 3 to 4 hours into the game before the enemies were really gaining the advantage. For some reason there's a line to be drawn for me, and BG/Icewind Dale is too hardcore.

I hope this is more toward Neverwinter Nights / Divinity OS but I doubt it :\

Anyone got something to say on this matter whom have played PoEt or know a lot about it?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
8. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:32 Quinn

All I'm reading is "FREE DEMOS!", but I guess I should do some homework before dedicating to that.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 17:09 Quinn

Noob question: Is PoE part of the Forgotten Realms? Please say yes (unless it's a lie).  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com
17. Re: Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com Mar 17, 2015, 03:23 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 15:30:
You're supposed to get an email once they've processed it, that took a couple hours for me.

Ah, indeed! Got it

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com
7. Re: Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com Mar 16, 2015, 15:26 Quinn

I clicked when there were 3000 left. GOG congratulated me. I waited for it to enter my library. Didn't happen.

Too bad

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
18. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 13:51 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 12:59:
Verno wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 12:54:
I don't think they are that important. I struggle to remember more than a few I care about over the course of the game, most of those involving the potential death of a companion. They can do those anyway without trying to do insane story branching that ends up gimmicky after they realize they can't accommodate everyone. I would much rather those design resources go into fleshing out game content rather than a billion hours on the whiteboards figuring out all of the choice permutations.

I find that the choices are more than the sum of their parts. It adds "deepness" to the game and the feeling that you really can affect the world and that the story is your story. Dragon Age has always been about that and I think it's one of their pillars.

Indeed. Removing the choices would be one of the more dumb decisions. The mere illusion of choice alone already adds the deepness you speak of -- just not knowing whether something you do will have consequences or not. When you know a game no longer has these consequences, it removes the illusion of choice and you end up just playing the main-quest like you would read a novel. The story can still be awesome, but you're no longer involved.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 12:09 Quinn

Easily the GOTY indeed. Last years releases were bad. What other game would deserve the award? Sure some here would beg the differ, and name some weird indie sidescroller that should've gotten the award instead. Those aren't the games I buy a 1500 dollars rig for, though, so fuck that.

Apart from all its flaws -- like all those goddamn fillers! -- to me, the game was a rush. Both graphically and story-wise. As a shield warrior, I loved the combat too. Never used the tactical cam, because that was too horrible to use. For that reason alone I can understand people disagreeing with the GOTY award.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 PAX East Presentation
10. Re: Just Cause 3 PAX East Presentation Mar 10, 2015, 18:16 Quinn

Squirmer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 17:37:
It's a shame Mad Max has shitty Batman combat though.

Shitty.... Batman.... Combat...?! To me it was the most revolutionary thing that happened to hand-to-hand combat in games ever!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
33. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 9, 2015, 19:03 Quinn

When a game has quicksave, I often catch myself quicksaving after having quicksaved...

I do hope this game will have better quest descriptions. I had to use Google in W2 to find out I had to make and use shrapnel grenades for those damn nests!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
26. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 8, 2015, 09:34 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 19:24:
I guess I came on a little strong, but I am a fanboi, and I thought most of you were.....I am not going to cast stones on a studio that has been so pro pc without seeing the product to judge. I have nothing buy faith in them. I am a little dismayed to see the shit slinging so quick.....even with console video, I think it looks amazing. For everyone that says it isn't about the graphics, there is a lot of butthurt about graphics.

Just sayin.....sorry....meds are wearing off....

Couldn't agree more with you on this. Someone points out there hasn't been any PC footage for 8 months (is that even true?) and it turns into a fucking lynch mob in here. I mean, come on! It doesn't take much effort to see that this game is going to be an epic hit, even if the last few months all we've seen is console footage. And also, like xXBatmanXx says, these guys are the only big studio that's extremely pro-PC. Hell, they even released a DRM free patch when the W2 came out without asking their publishers first. Fucking ace.

As for this vid: Awesome. But MY GOD does that Royal Wyvern look horrible!? Seriously, what. The. Fuck!? Those wings! Hilarious! Everything on that creature looks out of proportion. Horribly bad. Just... absolutely obscene.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > TITAN X GPU Unveiled
21. Re: TITAN X GPU Unveiled Mar 5, 2015, 10:45 Quinn

Will this GPU be under 550 euros, I wonder? If so, I'm just gonna buy it. TITAN X sounds cool and I'm sure it'll be a sick and monstrous upgrade to my GTX 680. xD  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
21. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Mar 4, 2015, 18:04 Quinn

Nothing I've seen yet gives me any reason to be pessimistic, except that the game looks too good to be true.

Some here do have a lot of doubts even with MORE THAN AN HOUR OF INGAME FOOTAGE online. To me, that's just facepalm stuff. If you have doubts about the graphics after this vid, watch the other 30mins videos ffs!?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2015, 13:15 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 11:49:
The Evil Within is great... easily worth the 20 bucks or so (US!) that it's listed for on Steam right now.

*Stamp of Approval*

Hell yes. Couldn't agree more. This game is solid. Imo not scary at all -- and I scoff at anyone claiming this guy is the master of horror -- but solid and good fun and atmosphere.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer; AMAA
5. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer; AMAA Feb 26, 2015, 07:36 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 23:03:
Enh, I dunno about this one. Just not feeling it so far.

It's the tank.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
2. Re: Ship Ahoy - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Feb 26, 2015, 02:22 Quinn

From the footage I've seen, it's hard not to be enthusiastic. I like what they've done with the graphics. The backgrounds are really lively.

I loved Oddworld, so I don't think it'll be hard for me to love this remake. This remake, for once, is a good thing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
26. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 25, 2015, 14:37 Quinn

You're right, when you look at games critically you are doing the same shit every time. The difference with other RPGs is that the context differs with every sidequest. Not with SoM. Look, if every sidequest was as "rich" and diverse in context as those golden icon quests, I wouldn't be complaining.

But 20+ hours of main/sidequests? That's not true, but that is because to me... Those quests you keep repeating albeit in different areas without different context I call fillers. Filling-quests if you will. To me, a sidequest is a quest that isn't part of the main story per se but has a tiny and UNIQUE story of its own. Not "assassinate Uruk chieftain", "kill 60 uruks in one streak" and "shoot 50 uruks in 5 minutes" times 300.

When there are no more stories to tell, a game is burnt out to me.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1667 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo