Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 934 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blood Knights
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blood Knights Nov 16, 2013, 12:23 Quinn

Kinda off-topic, just started Demonicon. It's remarkably good, actually. Many choice/consequence stuff. It's not at all buggy but it does feel "cheap" in terms of gameplay and graphics, but the leveling system is very good and allot of effort and time is put in the "persuasion" skills. I've had about 6 to 8 "fast talk" and "ancient lore" opportunities during conversations that actually make a difference, which I managed to choose because I always put skillpoints in such attributes.

The game is like the classic RPG's. A mix of Gothic and The Witcher, with a rather meager budget but proper developer passion. Worth a try, people!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief Dropping QTEs
77. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 16, 2013, 04:36 Quinn

Clever Caviar wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 03:18:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 23:00:
As for this? I don't even particularly feel like it's a Thief game. Different actor, different story, different gameplay focus, it's just leveraging the IP really.

So.. how is the gameplay focus any different from the previous games? They aren't turning this into CoD. The focus is still on sneaking around and stealing stuff. As for the different voice actor, yes, the actor is different but what really matters is the writing of the character. As far as I can tell, Garrett still acts like Garrett. The new VA even sounds like the old one. As for story, yes, they are changing the details but the overall setting and tone and very similar to the other games.

Everything I've seen and read makes the new Thief seem like a Thief game. It's certainly not a carbon copy of the original but it retains all the important elements.

agreed. It's some guy in leathers, sneaking around some medieval steampunk world, nicking stuff from pompous rich people. Seems very much like the Thief I grew up with. It has some changes also, but lots of other IPs go through changes, revisions, re-imaginings, reboots. Sometimes that works and you get new, interesting takes on things, sometimes it falls flat.

This x100.

Jerykk always makes these Thief discussions interesting, what with the way he's passionately defending the game that's not even out yet against people bashing the game that's not even out yet xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief Dropping QTEs
28. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 12:18 Quinn

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:51:
I'm not sure what worries me more: The radical redesign of Thief that included stuff like this, or the fact that certain items like this are being redesigned when they're at something like 3 months from shipping...

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them listening to feedback, but it still worries me...

I agree. It's that whole listening to feedback that made Diablo 3 the shitfest that it is today.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blood Knights
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blood Knights Nov 14, 2013, 01:19 Quinn

There is gameplay footage ^^  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced
29. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 13, 2013, 18:01 Quinn

I'm actually excited about this. A third person action RPG set in an explorable middle-earth! Lets see what they got for us! Evidently I'm not as bitter and jaded as most of you, which is a pleasant realization before bedtime!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs "In Some Form or Fashion"
2. No subject Nov 11, 2013, 09:30 Quinn

What I read:

"World of Warcraft II coming to modern PC's [etc]"

I'm done with WoW, but that misread line made my heart leap for a short moment

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2013, 08:47 Quinn

No sure about the different playable characters idea. You could play as Catwoman in Arkham City and surprisingly to me it was the title's weakest point. The combat system is made for the brute power and "tankish" feel of Batman. Playing as extremely nimble Catwoman wasn't as satisfying for me. However, it would work for a more tankish character like Batman. I've played some Origins challenge maps with Deathstroke, and he plays as comfortable as Batman.

Can't wait to go home and continue my Origins progression. I always start the first 15 minutes doing challenge maps to get my needs for action well sated, and after than continue the somewhat slower paced story.

Again, I just don't understand the bashing this game gets. If you're biased by the negative reviews this game somehow got, please let my enthousiasm somehow un-bias you

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2013, 09:37.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2013, 07:33 Quinn

Ray Marden, sure it's possible to complete a fight with normal enemies by just countering. The only downside is that it takes 20 times as longer and your score will be lowest of the low. Playing as it's meant to be, it's harder but more satisfying in every way. Honestly, I'm having a really REALLY hard time thinking of a better melee combat system. In fact, although I am at work and kinda preoccupied, I can't think of any.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2013, 18:51 Quinn

Hate the fact Arkham Origins isn't in this list. The game has gotten an unfair amount of bashing. The game is completely on par with the prequels! There was this one cutscene where Alfred confronts Bruce for being arrogant and suicidal, and Bruce enters that discussion heads on. It was one of the strongest moments I've seen in years.
"Every time a thug thinks twice before hurting an innocent person, it's because of fear. I am that fear, Alfred!" Etc etc. The voice-acting and everything was totally perfect. I've never been a fan of Batman or any other superhero, but during that cutscene I felt like fan #1 xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer
16. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer Nov 8, 2013, 05:11 Quinn

I've seen a shocking lot of familiar templates and enemies. It actually looked like I was watching a Diablo 3 (vanilla) trailer, if I exclude the pop-up texts.

I gotta say that I liked the graphics and gameplay in D3. The thing that made me a disappointed gamer was the miserably bad and short campaign, and the horribly random loot. I mean.. there's randomly generated loot and there's RANDOMLY GENERATED LOOT, you know? Also, my mage ran around with a 2H battle-axe because of it's dps. So retarded. Anything of this shit fixed by now?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Next Mass Effect Teases
20. Re: Next Mass Effect Teases Nov 8, 2013, 01:52 Quinn

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 01:44:
Quinn wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 01:27:
Time has made you guys soft. ME3's ending really was as bad as the nerd-rage made it look. Think back on it long and hard, and remember.

I'm pretty sure I've played Mass Effect 3 far far far far far more times than you have. I'm also pretty sure that when the original ending came out, I was pretty fucking pissed at it, but I felt that they fixed my main issue with it (that every single one of them was identical and left the universe totally, utterly FUCKED) when they released the extended cut and retconned most of the bullshit.

I've also played their "look, we can't call it an ending DLC because Mac Walters would cry like the little whore he is, but really, this is simply the Ending DLC." in The Citadel DLC.

With the extended cut and the Citadel DLC, I have no issue with the way ME3 ended. Sure, the Catalyst/Star Child/Space Magic bullshit is still just plain fucking stupid and annoying, but that 15 minutes of Mac Walters drooltardery doesn't invalidate 100+ hours of excellent gaming, nor does it invalidate further stories for me.

If it does for you, then simply don't play the next one. Problem solved. I'm still definitely looking forward to it.

Oh, and:

The whole universe is getting fucked by Shepard and the Reapers anyway

No, because they retconned that. In every single ending, but especially the Destroy one, you see that the galaxy rebuilds, the gates get put back together, Earth is rebuilt, etc. No longer do the gates explode and wipe out the large majority of inhabited solar systems (which they stupidly just forgot about in the original ending, despite making such a big deal about it in the Arrival.)

Fair enough. I admit I've never played The Citadel DLC. Reason? Same as my last comment, ofc!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Next Mass Effect Teases
16. Re: Next Mass Effect Teases Nov 8, 2013, 01:27 Quinn

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 22:53:
durandal wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 21:43:
I wonder which ending would be cannon for the next installment.
Blue perhaps? Controlling reapers felt wrong, but other choices eliminate things very unique to the Mass Effect world. (Red:AIs/Geths, Green:distinction of machines and organisms)

None, since the next game will be set BEFORE the first trilogy, or perhaps during. They've said that the end of ME3 is the storyline endpoint for the entire universe. Now they'll tell stories that happened earlier or at the same time.

No idea how ppl could get into that. Why should I give a shit about destroying blackmail data for person A and killing a druglord in another sidequest? Why would I give a shit about stopping the Adolf Hitler of the Mass Effect universe? The whole universe is getting fucked by Shepard and the Reapers anyway. Knowing this certainty kinda removes the will to live in that world or try to fix it.

Time has made you guys soft. ME3's ending really was as bad as the nerd-rage made it look. Think back on it long and hard, and remember.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Happy Mass Effect N7 Day 2013
15. Re: Happy Mass Effect N7 Day 2013 Nov 7, 2013, 16:08 Quinn

That extended cut was a piss in the face of every customer. Some people got blinded by it and actually took it as a true golden shower.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 6, 2013, 12:40 Quinn

Well, Aero, I don't really agree with you at all. You're giving the entire frenchise way too much credit.

To me the games have always felt like being on rails. The only thing that made the Black Ops games a tad better than all that similar shit was the fact that story-wise those games had much more of a hollywood feel. Yes. That's what made the Black Ops game stand out. Somehow.

/puke

These games suck and have always sucked.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
34. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 5, 2013, 04:41 Quinn

The only reason I'm slightly considering to fund this game is because I don't wanna end up with a pathetic freighter why everyone else is flying in his bad-ass ship because they did fund the game.

I just wanna wait and see if this game is actually any good before I buy it. I feel like I'm being punished for that logic.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
50. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 16:39 Quinn

KS wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:33:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:05:
These are the same idiots that said a console controller is the only and best way to play an FPS.

They're nothing but trollbait.

One developer kept PC and console players from mixing on the same server -- not for technical reasons, but because PC players destroyed the console players.

Those clumsy console controllers are just hideous compared to keyboard and mouse. Learned that the hard way with Max Payne way back when. Had both versions, no comparison.

Playing twitch games on a console is like assembling a ship in a bottle using long, thin tools.

This. I've always had my hate-speech ready when talking about consoles and their controllers. Then my wife bought me a PS3 for my bday so she could chill on the couch watching while I was gaming. Since then, I hate and appreciate consoles more. It's a real paradox: I've realized that playing games on a console is even worse than I thought, but I also realized that it's SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY. You don't play console games for the immersion (I NEVER leave my livingroom); it's much more arcadey.

I watched my sister's man play Modern Warfare on his PS3. He's considered pretty pro. What I saw.. was horrible. I honestly think I would've won that match with zero deaths and all the kills if I had somehow dropped in there playing on my PC with kb/m.

Consoles really are worse than PC's in every way. I realize this now, it's more clear than ever. Ppl who prefer consoles over PC's just can't be arsed building a sweet gaming PC and invest in it, and/or just have no fucking clue what they're missing out on. True story.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
6. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 09:52 Quinn

I've seen a trailer of this game, for some reason, and I gotta ask: Who the fuck wants this game anyway?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
24. Re: Thief Trailer Nov 3, 2013, 10:54 Quinn

I never complained about DX:HR before it got out. I saw the gameplay, analyzed it, and knew what to expect and I knew that was good.

Honestly, I think I'll actually enjoy THIEF and I'm looking forward to it. But can I already say this isn't the sequel I wanted? Yes. The reasons are all over the place.

"What's yours is mine." w00t!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 1, 2013, 19:58 Quinn

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 14:19:
Prez wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 12:44:
So far the only really negative review I've seen for Batman has been the Destructoid one. So I guess it's safe to say that it's at least solid if not great.

This sums it up well.

Seriously, I'm fucking sick of that "originators" argument. It's like people who are too pussy to have an opinion of their own just keep repeating the opinion that has the most hype.

I've played Arkham Asylum twice. I've played Arkham City twice. I freaking love the games and I know their shit like the back of my hand. This third title is exactly like the first two: the combat is great fun, the graphics and gameplay are solid, the story is meh but keeps you going. If you're unbiased and you've actually PLAYED THE FUCKING GAMES, then this game will be a blast if you liked the earlier ones AND you didn't expect any remarkable innovation.

The game still has predator/stealth encounters; cool and fun gadgets; a noir Gotham mood; many thugs to fuck up; combat points; etc.

"It sucks because it's not done by Rocksteady" /whine

Play the game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
7. Re: Thief Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 15:17 Quinn

"What's Yours is Mine"

I'd like to nominate that slogan for The Stupidest Most Uninspiring Game Slogan Ever nomination.

Yo, devs! Thief was never about just stealing shit! You got it ALL. FUCKING. WRONG! from the get-go.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

934 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo