Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1365 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Sep 16, 2014, 06:36 Quinn

J wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 05:01:
Thanks, Quinn. It's the hands-on feedback I need. I was going by the top reviews on the steam page and a link from there to an eidos thread.

I've played the original HR through a few times. My idea was another playthrough with DC for curiosity's sake. Like a final blowout, grand finale, blaze of glory thing. So that's why it's important for me to be sure that it'll be an upgrade and not a downgrade.

I surely didn't experience it as one! What I really enjoyed was the developers commentary. It gives you a really interesting perspective on why they decided to do certain things, what they left out and why, what they really wanted to do but why they couldn't, etc.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Sep 16, 2014, 04:06 Quinn

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 03:34:
J wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 03:15:
I was thinking of getting Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut, but the reviews for it suggest that it was based on an earlier build, therefore has bugs, graphical glitches, fps drops, etc. and that it's not been fixed. If I'm wrong, please leave a message after the beep.

Beep.

I'm not sure they ever fixed all the issues with it. The steam forums might know...or they might talk out their asses. It's a 50/50 shot there.

Once I heard they removed the yellow haze, I kind of lost interest. That was part of the art style that gave it such a distinctive look, originally...

Played the original HR and the Director's Cut. The Director's Cut ran a little more solid in every way, and it certainly didn't play or look worse than the patched original.

So if you ask me, HR-DC is a must-have. An absolute NO-BRAINER if you haven't even played the original HR yet!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 18:23 Quinn

Alamar wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 13:11:
I am not a LOTR fan... I mean, I like the movies... But I don't go around gobbling up everything with their name.

Plus, for the most part, just about any game made from movie/book IP is crap...

But I looked into some gameplay yesterday for Shadow of Mordor, and it looks fun... Yes, the combat looks like batman... Climbing shit looks like AC, which is a good thing...

But the way they're doing the advancement, both the rune system, and the Sauron Army part, looks great (mostly the latter). Combine some subterfuge, with some sabotage, some stealth kills, and some direct free for all combat, and I like what I'm seeing.

So I pre-ordered from GMG for 25% off : )

One of the vids that helped is here.

That's a great vid. Thanks!

I wasn't hyped for this game until a few days earlier, when Jerykk posted a link to a similar vid. Earlier I thought this was AC in Middle-earth, but it's the climbing and deaths-from-above that's AC, and the combat is more like Batman's Arkham series.

I must say that no matter what footage I see, it ALL looks the same. I hope this is because they decided only to show one particular area to the press. I'm also sad about the HUD. The icons above enemies drop the immersion level like a sack of puppies.

I am psyched about the game. But I will not pre-order it. I have to know if the PC release is solid first, and it won't suffer from any of the following port-symptoms:

1. Bad performance like limited FPS;
2. Bad visuals like low-res textures;
3. Horrible controls like screwed up mouse sensitivity.

Once I tried the game and know it's solid, I'll buy it

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 10:53 Quinn

2 months is too long for Dragon Age 3. Hell, 16 days is too long for Middle-earth. The Binding of Isaac is a fun little game to kill your time while the wait for more complex games is too long.

Wew seriously, you can name any of the tens of awesome games that come out these last few months of 2014, but waiting for THE BINDING OF ISAAC is too long!? I'm stunned, I tell you. Stunned!

*looking at what I just wrote* Wtf, it's my wife's period. Looks like I'm having one as well. Confused

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
77. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 07:20 Quinn

DG wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 05:33:

Still pre-ordering though.

In the case they run out of copies...?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
38. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 17:10 Quinn

There are so many headlines about Star Citizen every goddamn week that I'll have bled the game dry before I've even played it. But that's alright, because by that time I'm 60 and my grandchildren may enjoy it somewhat.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
29. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 10:14 Quinn

Xero wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 10:04:
Wow... 35gb?! What the hell does this have to justify? Sound files that large? Perhaps bad compression? What gives?

Who gives? xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 08:48 Quinn

harlock wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 07:31:
Quinn wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 07:02:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 03:23:
They've already streamed quite a bit of footage. Probably more than an hour's worth.

Here's 20 minutes worth of open-world stuff

Ah, thanks for that link! I think it was last week last I searched youtube for a proper gameplay vid and this one didn't pop up.

This video was very telling, finally. It didn't only show the open-worldness of the game well, but also the combat. The way the player rolls away from enemies, jumps over them, and targets single enemies to build up damage per hit... it suddenly no longer reminded me of the horrible Assassins Creed combat, but the awesome Batman (Arkham series) combat! The differences between those 2 combat systems may seem minor, but somehow do make all the difference.

i think the open world aspect is probably more like just cause 2 or that old mercenaries game on consoles, instead of AC

You mean a nice looking environment with no meaningful content to speak of, littered with enemies, some enemy camps here and there with dynamically generated enemy elites? I'm pretty sure it's exactly that. Hell you could even compare it with the openworldness of Far Cry, I guess.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 07:02 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 03:23:
They've already streamed quite a bit of footage. Probably more than an hour's worth.

Here's 20 minutes worth of open-world stuff

Ah, thanks for that link! I think it was last week last I searched youtube for a proper gameplay vid and this one didn't pop up.

This video was very telling, finally. It didn't only show the open-worldness of the game well, but also the combat. The way the player rolls away from enemies, jumps over them, and targets single enemies to build up damage per hit... it suddenly no longer reminded me of the horrible Assassins Creed combat, but the awesome Batman (Arkham series) combat! The differences between those 2 combat systems may seem minor, but somehow do make all the difference.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 06:17 Quinn

Same shit different game. Don't care about co-op, because that always goes together with a shallow gaming experience. Always.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
16. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 03:11 Quinn

Fantaz wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 20:55:
i was playing this at a press event today and got to a point when it got too scary for me to keep playing...

Hey Fantaz, this is the shit that I like to hear. I just got twice as excited as I was for this game Just for calibration... are you a gamer that also found (the first) FEAR scary, or was it (the first) Amnesia that got to you? I found FEAR awesome but laughable scary-wise. Amnesia made me punch the ESC(pause) button every now and then to get my heartbeat back to a more healthy level.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 02:51 Quinn

2,5 weeks before release and still I haven't got a single idea of how open-world this really is. I'm pretty certain that the gameplay will have Assassins Creed all over it, though, and the same goes for the "open-world" idea. The website and other trailers already talk about the protagonist's 3 weapons in great detail, so we'll know that in this "open-world" we won't stumble upon chests with gear in it, and it'll mostly just feature some random side-quests and -- mostly so! -- dumb achievement challenges.

This is one of those games I'd NEVER pre-order or buy on day one. I'll watch the first hour of the game in a walkthrough video. That'll give a good impression.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
23. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 10, 2014, 05:58 Quinn

Wetworks24 wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 05:42:
I'm choosing between Alien Isolation and Evil Within. Both come out within a week of each other, although I may just break down and pre order both. Greenman offers 25% off coupons all the time.

In the end I think I'll get Evil Within first, mostly because of the pedigree of Shinji and also because it has more "game" elements to it. It looks like a mixture of RE4 and RE remake on idTech5.

I just think Evil Within will be more fun to play as a survival horror game than the hide and seek gameplay of Alien Isolation.

When I watched a gameplay trailer of Evil Within and saw how he was picking up glowing health-jars like it's a fucking arcade game, plus how he tried to distract an enemy that was feasting on a corpse by throwing a bottle which had ZERO effect... a gut feeling told me that this game will suck. Mark my words: It'll suck.

Haven't looked into Alien Isolation enough to recommend you to go for that one instead.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Raven's Cry Pre-Purchases
4. Re: Raven's Cry Pre-Purchases Sep 9, 2014, 15:57 Quinn

This game's been flying sooo under my radar. It looks fucking ace! Will it be?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
7. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 8, 2014, 17:25 Quinn

There's no Arkham Knight 1 yet, Blue!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2014, 09:20 Quinn

Slashman wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 19:25:
Omni wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 18:35:
harlock wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 17:47:
Omni wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 16:10:
Lichdom: Battlemage is kinda repetitive if you ask me.

its basically an old school doom type game

Doom had speed and weapons you didn't get bored of after hours of play. Kinda sad you compare that game to an old school game.

Doom had no story and no ability to craft your own spells. I'd compare it more to Hexen or Heretic. Neither of which had any kind of spell crafting. I'm not finding it boring at all. Just misunderstood by some people who don't want to put any effort into the spell crafting system.

It gave me a real Might & Magic feel. You know, the FPS/RPG game where you could be a mage, warrior or rogue.

What I hate about Lichdom is the crafting system. I don't get it, or don't care enough to get it. It felt like I was writing code, ffs, and ended up with a lobbing fireball that does 3dps for 10 secs. Whoop-dee-doo. I alt-F4ed.

Edit: Damned HTML tags

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2014, 09:35.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2014, 13:06 Quinn

I feel like a lazy moron. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. 0_0  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X in April
6. Re: Mortal Kombat X in April Sep 5, 2014, 20:49 Quinn

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 20:35:
I can't wait. Loved MK9. This one looks even better. Though it likely won't happen, I'd love to see Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade come back, as those were my 2 favorite from MK9.

Really?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
36. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 5, 2014, 04:46 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 03:56:
PHJF wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 17:45:
Who here has a 4GB GTX760? Mine's a 2GB.

And gaming on 4K (which I don't do, 1920x1080 with a little FXAA or SMAA looks great to me) really needs AT LEAST 3GB. There are released games which use over 4GB in 4K at max settings.

I got one. I would have bought the 2Gb version but they didnt have it on stock and this one was almost the same price so I said what the hell.

I've personally experienced one single MONSTERBEAST of a GPU is better than two lessers. Maybe it's because games still aren't properly programmed for SLI, but this is what I've learned.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Today
2. Re: Dead Rising 3 Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Today Sep 4, 2014, 19:09 Quinn

Dead Rising 2 (and presumably 1 too) was the game where you had to kill zombies in a city mall and gradually gained and created weapons to more easily kill zombies, yeah? Also, all said weapons break after killing about a 100 zombies?

Yeah, I don't get the excitement about this kind of shite at all. Have fun.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1365 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo