Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1588 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
14. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 15:42 Quinn

harlock wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 15:29:
im not noticing any of these issues.. on a 970

I'm not noticing the poverty in the world either, making $220.000,- a year. >_>

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
11. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 15:13 Quinn

Performance is rotten outside. Inside, random fps drops. Optimization doesn't seem to have a deadline anymore, ffs. Would've waited for some performance fixes if I wasn't bored as fuck!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > TOXIKK Early Access
8. Re: TOXIKK Early Access Jan 23, 2015, 19:12 Quinn

"Lets frag like its 1999" makes great sense and promise in everything they show EXCEPT for the goddamn vehicles!

Either make a tribes wannabe, or a UT/Quake wannabe if you want to succeed in that 1999 feel.

Maybe I'm wrong -- haven't played it! -- but I really think those vehicles are a wast . It removes that personal feel: You didn't just lose a fight against this annoyingly good Master1337, but just a hovertank.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
7. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 19:59 Quinn

In my experience it's always good to buy the high end version of a GPU tier (like the GTX 680, 780 and in this case 980). You have to be patient and pounce on a good sale once you see it but with those cards you can last out much longer. Again, that's my experience.

Waiting for a good GTX 980 deal.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March Jan 21, 2015, 15:29 Quinn

I find this good news. I really enjoyed ESO a lot. When I stopped my subscription I did so because of a few singleplayer games came out (like Watch_Dogs), with the idea of subscribing again afterwards. But after being out of it for more than a month, 14 euros felt like a lot of money for a game I had already played and spent 80+ hours on already. Still, I always had that urge to play it again -- just not for 14 euros a month.

Yay, I say!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
17. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 20, 2015, 14:16 Quinn

Game was too easy -- I never died, so the nemesis system kinda didn't make any fucking sense -- the story was uninteresting, after 20 minutes you knew everything the game had to offer, exploration was a waste of time unless you're a loredigger and achievement completionist.

People screaming GOTY is good for them, but fuck me if games like these become the new thang.. I'll have to find a new hobby. Biggest waste of my money in 2014.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2015, 08:01 Quinn

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 07:25:
Techie714 © wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 00:44:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 22:18:
I bought H1Z1, but can't play it because you can't even remap your controls. ?!?!?!?!?!? *facepalm*

So far they are failing hard at basic game design, not off to a good start.

People like you are the problem with PC Gaming today. Early access....Geez!

Are...are you trying to defend a massive company's a use of a system designed for struggling independent developers? There's no reason SOE should be releasing a game that isn't feature-complete. I still don't understand people buying unfinished games, especially with the incredible number of them that have sat in EA for over a year, several of high have stopped getting updates.
You wouldn't be happy to pay for the first half of a movie, with the ending arriving...sometime. Maybe. Or half of any other product, for that matter. Why are people excited to pay for half of a game?

You're asking the question, man. Early Access: WHY?! It's like watching a movie without it being edited -- it's always a crappier experience than watching the finished movie, and yet you have to watch the crappier version over and over again. Once the movie is finished and out, you bled it dry.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
95. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 15, 2015, 06:52 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 08:32:
Quinn wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 07:49:
If those specs are accurate, they must have mastered the art of optimization! Excited!
I wouldn't get too excited yet.
Recommended doesn't mean run everything at max settings at 60fps
We'll see when the game comes out.

That's true, but more often than not it's a good indication. Hell, "not everything at max" to me usually means just taking the AA a nodge down and on some rare occasions putting Shadows on Very High instead of Ultra.

Having good faith in it with these recommended specs! But, as you said... we'll see.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

94. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 15, 2015, 02:09 Quinn

One thing is certain: The Dying Light guys were having a party dedicated to the news!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

81. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 14, 2015, 07:49 Quinn

If those specs are accurate, they must have mastered the art of optimization! Excited!

As for the "at this time" comment 2 weeks ago... To me that's just the typical, smug Rockstar attitude -- like 14 year olds who think they're being witty.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
42. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 13, 2015, 10:40 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 10:13:
So I guess they've lied about the game not being delayed.
March 24th is the new date
I don't get their mentality of confirm there is no delay and 4 days later they delay the game.
They didn't know 4 days ago the game will be pushed back?

Indeed. What the fuck?! They just being smug or something? Since -- ha ha! -- there was no official delay announced yet at that time! Does fit the image I have of them, which is a bunch of kids jerking off every night with a controller in their other hand and a joint in their mouth and who are somehow fucking great at making games.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2015, 10:45.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
18. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 14:43 Quinn

Now I'm really, REALLY happy that the game is delayed. My GTX680 will be raped by this game, so in these few months I hope deeply that AMD will come with a stunningly awesome GPU, so that I can buy an Nvidia masterpiece that will have gone down in price considerably because of it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
67. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 17:48 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 17:05:
I'm a Veteran backer since 1/22/2013 (back when SC had around $5.5M)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/HydraClawe

I've drop $930.00. I own these ships: Cutlass, Aurora, Freelancer, 350R, M50, Hornet Ghost, Avenger, Starfarer, Herald

I'm not dropping another dime on this game until Chris tells HOW MUCH TOTAL he needs to make this game. It feel like a money sink.

The things you could have done, the places you could have visited, the african babies you could have helped for $930,-... But what did you do? You threw it into a wishing well.

I hope the wish will come true, somewhere before 2020.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

63. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 11:49 Quinn

Kajetan wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 07:25:
Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 17:40:
That's how it should be, yes, but every interview with the guy I read, that seems to not be what he's saying. He seems to be saying that the money NEEDS to keep coming in in order for this game to be made (which goes 100% against what crowdfunding is, eg, you promise to do this for this much money, and you need to deliver what you promised, or something close to it, when you get that money.)
He seems to do that to some people. To others, not.

I backed SC with a few dollars at the Kickstarter campaign because i wanted a new "Wing Commander" style game. This year they will release the first part of SQ42. If this turns out to be an enjoyable game, good. If not, well, its called backers risk for a reason

Concerning the PU, the shooter module, the MP in general ... perhaps i will look into it someday, perhaps not.

You didn't back it for the shooter module or space-pets. You backed it for the SQ42 campaign which is what they promised for less than a slither of what the crowd has funded by now. That begs two questions: 1. Why is it suddenly episodic. 2. Why are you so forgiving

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 19:57 Quinn

"Star Citizen isnít a sprint, it isnít even a marathon. There is no final finish line the way you would have with a traditional retail game. Star Citizen is a way of life for as long as the community is engaged by it."

To me, this completely sounds like the game is never gonna finish and that it will remain some weird hybrid-game prototype as long as the crowd herd keeps funding it.

This did it for me. Hopped the fence. I'm with the doomsayers now.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
85. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 31, 2014, 10:10 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 12:13:
I want those rape sims to be greenlit next please
They are just pixels so should be no big deal right?

Killing humans in gamee is something that's done since Wolfenstein (and I'm sure before that). It wasn't a problem then so why should it be now?

Raping is another thing. We don't liberate outposts in Far Cry by raping everyone in it. Commander Shepard's plan wasn't to literally rape the Reapers and nor did the Reapers threat to literally rape the galaxy. But, if from now on the great majority decides its OK to create a game where you can run around raping people -- wne rape incidents don't increase because kf it -- than I am having a hard time to argue with it, too. So far America's laws for gun ownership is the problem for the shooting incidents, anyway. I don't think rape incidents will increase with a rape game, unless America changes its laws about rape. "As long as you're a responsible rapist, all is swell." -_-

Whoops getting off-topic...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Adds One Shot Mode; Double XP
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Adds One Shot Mode; Double XP Dec 27, 2014, 18:55 Quinn

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 14:07:
Pathetic attempt.

I'm always hearing Desann when someone says that...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2014, 13:08 Quinn

Jivaro wrote on Dec 24, 2014, 15:34:
I am still having the same CTD with DA:I that I have been having since launch so for now it's on the shelf. I love the game but it's too frustrating with the random CTD. The new NVIDIA drivers didn't fix the problem. Eventually it will get sorted I am sure but it is a tad annoying.

If you always let your PC sleep instead of atruly shutting it down, that may be the problem. I started having CTDs so I rebooted my PC again after weeks of just putting it to sleep. Game took a while longer to load and the main menu went kinda nuts after said reboot but that was a one time thing. Been playing for days after that without restarting or shutting down the PC and no CTDs anymore.

May have something to do with the GPU memory? The maps load awefully long after a reboot, yet are done in mere seconds after just restarting the game even after the PC being in sleep mode!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 10:15 Quinn

Edit: *opened the windows to get the stench out*

Brainfart moment =D

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2014, 10:20.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 10:00 Quinn

I had no motivation whatsoever to continue playing THIEF. Somehow I did, and finished it too, but it was one big forgettable "blegh" the whole way through. Btw, I tried so. fucking. hard. to like it, too.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1588 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo