Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1845 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
69. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 05:52 Quinn

Krovven wrote on May 20, 2015, 04:04:
Quinn wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:08:
Xero wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:53:
HoSpanky wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:46:
So, I'm running a pair of 970s, with everything cranked except the hair. Runs great, riiiight up until it locks up. Seems to always happen during a non-interactive scene, right after the camera changes. Done it several times now, and I'm only to the first little village.

I don't doubt it's some issue with SLI. I can stand to wait it out for a couple patches.

So it sounds like your running on equal performance as a single 970gtx but when you go that extra step further, it brings it down. What's the point of having 2 970s again? lol

Not hating on it, just stating what I'm hearing. I own a 970gtx and from what I hear, basically you can max it out minus the hair just as you stated. Does that mean it's even worth it to SLI 2 970s?

Obvious answer is YES, but when it comes to down $$$ vs performance, still worth it? At that point 1 980 gtx? Hmmm???

Hairworks brings the GTX980 down too. I got one. Its a neat looking feature that should only be present in benchmarks. It's not ready/optimized enough yet to be put in a freaking game, obviously.

I have a 970 and have everything maxed, with hair works on @1080. Game is very smooth.
I5-4690K OC'd @ 4.5ghz here. Not sure how much cpu effects it.

Hmm, "game is very smooth" is kinda subjective. If you mean 60fps smooth, I find that hard to believe. If you mean 40/45fps smooth, then that's about the smoothness I'm having with those settings.

If its truly 60fps smooth or close, then fuck me that setting is CPU heavy!?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

66. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 03:12 Quinn

The only "clunk" I feel is when Geralt is in non-combat mode. He's less responsive then, and it sometimes seems like he has a mind of his own in when to run, walk, or jump into a run after a slight delay while walking. It's difficult to line Geralt up perfectly in front of an object because of this, because sometimes he doesn't respond or barely responds while other times he basically immediately sprints.

That's the only gripe I have with the game. That, and the character development -- there are no new skills to learn, just the improvement of skills in the form of percentages and added effects. Really poor.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

53. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 17:08 Quinn

Xero wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:53:
HoSpanky wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:46:
So, I'm running a pair of 970s, with everything cranked except the hair. Runs great, riiiight up until it locks up. Seems to always happen during a non-interactive scene, right after the camera changes. Done it several times now, and I'm only to the first little village.

I don't doubt it's some issue with SLI. I can stand to wait it out for a couple patches.

So it sounds like your running on equal performance as a single 970gtx but when you go that extra step further, it brings it down. What's the point of having 2 970s again? lol

Not hating on it, just stating what I'm hearing. I own a 970gtx and from what I hear, basically you can max it out minus the hair just as you stated. Does that mean it's even worth it to SLI 2 970s?

Obvious answer is YES, but when it comes to down $$$ vs performance, still worth it? At that point 1 980 gtx? Hmmm???

Hairworks brings the GTX980 down too. I got one. Its a neat looking feature that should only be present in benchmarks. It's not ready/optimized enough yet to be put in a freaking game, obviously.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

50. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 14:54 Quinn

Optimization tips for GTX980 users:

Turn off Hairworks. It looks awesome but it brings even the GTX980 kinda to its knees. Also, turn Shadows down to High instead of Ultra. Rest can be maxed out.

For others who have a lower card:

Shadows, Hairworks and I think even foliage distance have an IMMENSE impact on performance.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 08:09 Quinn

I'll copy-paste the first impressions I've posted earlier, I'm sure many people don't check back on old topics and just check the newest. No time atm to write it again

Played the game the second it unlocked last night, but only for 45 minutes do to the early day today. The game looks fantastic though I can't seem to get a steady 60fps with everything on Ultra, even with my GTX980. Perhaps my CPU is the bottleneck now but I can't imagine this. It might be the NVidia Hairworks. A friend of mine with a 780Ti jumped from 35fps to 60fps once he turned that off, so I might need to try that.. although I don't want to, because... well, I have a fucking 980 -_-

The game looks absolutely amazing. I also like the combat! Geralt didn't feel all that responsive, though. I nearly ran off the mountain with him because somehow, he starts with a walking pace before he jumps into a run a second later. I think this is the control-stick feature (where you can tilt your stick a little to walk and more to start into a run) not properly translated into M/KB control. In an earlier review I read that they had problem controlling their horse to a point that it got them nowhere. They had to get off the horse and go by foot. Unfathomable! The horse controls absolutely amazing, and I'm in love with Roach XI.

So, yeah.. slightly disappointed that the game won't run at a constant 60fps with everything on Ultra but it still plays amazingly smooth (50fps average), and that's very remarkable considering the ABSOLUTE BEAUTY it paints on the monitor!

PS: I'll have to adjust the GPU Generated Frames setting in the NVidia Control Panel, I just remembered, to 3 instead of "Game Based". This can really boost the FPS if the CPU is indeed the bottleneck!

PPS: Sorry for this impromptu, messy little review. I'm at work, exhausted from last night and so busy that I shouldn't even allow myself on this page xD

And a little bit about fighting here:

I trained a bit with Veremir and fought 5 ghouls but that's it. In combat mode, Geralt does feel responsive. I was used to TW2 combat, so at first I was slashing air because I expected Geralt to close the gap between himself and his target. He still does this to some extent, but you do have to close the gaps manually yourself more than in TW2. The signs/magic feel more responsive albeit simplified too. Aard is like "Force Push" in an arc in front of you, knocking enemies back and off-balance. Igni is a gush of fire in an arc in front of you. Axii now simply stuns the targeted enemy. Yrden creates a temporary, rather large AoE that slows enemies that enter it. The shielding sign (forgot the name) works the same as in TW2, although the animation has way less of a "fuck yeah now I'm shielded!" (see latest Night to Remember cinematic to know what I mean) vibe .. which I found really disappointing.

You do light attacks with the left MB. Strong attacks with shift+left MB. You parry with right MB. You can hold right MB to play it safe, or tap it at the right time in order to do a counter-attack. This feels really nice.

With ALT + direction key you dodge. With SPACE + direction key you leaproll away.

You can focus on enemies using Z. Good for controllers, but with M/KB you own the shit out of the battleground without it I'm certain.

I haven't got the crossbow yet.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
25. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 05:50 Quinn

Kajetan wrote on May 19, 2015, 05:44:
Quinn wrote on May 19, 2015, 05:22:
So, sure, it's their decision. It's my decision to complain about it. Trust me, those console gamers pay 60 dollars happily. Every time. Somehow.
No. They dont. A lot of them buy second hand games. In fact, so many console gamers do that, that Gamestop was able to restructure their business model around that.

I get it that you probably like TW3, i get that But your emotional connection blinds you. There are WAY more people who dont give a shit about this game at all. What are they to you?

I'm fine with people who have an extreme apathy toward a game. Like me, toward Battlefield or whatever. I always think I'll buy one of them once they hit the bargain bin but I end up never doing so. This apathy also keeps me from posting in Battlefield threads let alone saying shit like "It's not complete! Consolitis! Moo! Moo! Bargain bargain 5 dollahhh!". Maybe that's the root of the issue I have with it

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 05:22 Quinn

Kajetan wrote on May 19, 2015, 05:13:
Quinn wrote on May 19, 2015, 05:01:
I know you're just kidding, but people with that attitude.. with that "I'll buy it when it's complete and it's in the bargain bin for 5 dollars" are truly worse than pirates.
Its their money, its their descision how they spend their money. You dont have a say in that. And no, they are not boycotting anything. They just dont feel that 50 bucks are justified. I dont feel that 200-300 bucks are justified for a smartphone. I buy used smartphones. My money, my descision.

Of course it's their decision. Isn't that always the case? Isn't that the case with paying extra for biological meat, so animals don't live a life in living hell only to be butchered in the end.. to use an extreme example? It's also your decision whether or not you divide your plastic from the rest of your garbage. Everything anyone does are their decision.

The point is when you look at games like The Witcher 3, which is obviously a solid and brilliant piece of work, and a gamer comes in saying "I'll buy it for 5 dollars", he leaves it to the people paying a more contributing price to support the developers. To bring that attitude into perspective, let me give you a little rhyme that defines the disgusting attitude of most humans: "I need a piece of steak every day! There are enough vegetarians out there to compensate me anyway! :D"

So, sure, it's their decision. It's my decision to complain about it. Trust me, those console gamers pay 60 dollars happily. Every time. Somehow.

Edit: Holy shit I'm in a treehugging mood.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 05:01 Quinn

Kajetan wrote on May 19, 2015, 04:53:
Quinn wrote on May 19, 2015, 04:49:
Oh, and also.. every reviewer confirms that the campaign is 100+ hours large so again.. please, just shut up with your "I'll buy it when it's complete".

*counts to ten before he slaps a colleague*
But ... the game IS complete with all DLC and addons

I know you're just kidding, but people with that attitude.. with that "I'll buy it when it's complete and it's in the bargain bin for 5 dollars" are truly worse than pirates. Why? Pirates contribute to sales in the form of word-of-mouth. Everyone knows how important that is for sales. "I'll wait when it's in the bargain bin" those people are actively boycotting the gaming industry. Moreso than pirates are.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 04:49 Quinn

Heya guys, I left my impressions on The Witcher 3 in the NVidia patch topic.

As for GTAV, well.. I've expressed it before: I was underwhelmed, by both the campaign and Online. The campaign was just crazy nonsense with 3 Trevors, with one of them being more expressive with his insanity. There was no sense of danger, no real antagonist, no sense of importance -- nothing. Online is a loading screen and a freemode that should bore the hell out of anyone within 2 hours total.

El Pit wrote on May 19, 2015, 03:08:
Limited keybindings, no strafing, a "season pass" (1st time for a Witcher game, right?), consolitis... Ok, I'll buy it when the complete, fixed game goes on sale.

Please.. just.. please, shut up. I cannot control my inner rage-beast with fucking bullshit comments like these.

The SEASON PASS isn't for the 16 upcoming DLC's you'll get free anyway. It's for 2 HUGE EXPANSIONS that are in development. You remember those? Expansions? You do? Great. THOSE you get with the season pass.

Oh, and also.. every reviewer confirms that the campaign is 100+ hours large so again.. please, just shut up with your "I'll buy it when it's complete".

*counts to ten before he slaps a colleague*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
53. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 04:36 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 04:00:
Yo! Thanks for that Quinn, keep it coming. Got some info on the combat? Is it fun or a pain?

I trained a bit with Veremir and fought 5 ghouls but that's it. In combat mode, Geralt does feel responsive. I was used to TW2 combat, so at first I was slashing air because I expected Geralt to close the gap between himself and his target. He still does this to some extent, but you do have to close the gaps manually yourself more than in TW2. The signs/magic feel more responsive albeit simplified too. Aard is like "Force Push" in an arc in front of you, knocking enemies back and off-balance. Igni is a gush of fire in an arc in front of you. Axii now simply stuns the targeted enemy. Yrden creates a temporary, rather large AoE that slows enemies that enter it. The shielding sign (forgot the name) works the same as in TW2, although the animation has way less of a "fuck yeah now I'm shielded!" (see latest Night to Remember cinematic to know what I mean) vibe .. which I found really disappointing.

You do light attacks with the left MB. Strong attacks with shift+left MB. You parry with right MB. You can hold right MB to play it safe, or tap it at the right time in order to do a counter-attack. This feels really nice.

With ALT + direction key you dodge. With SPACE + direction key you leaproll away.

You can focus on enemies using Z. Good for controllers, but with M/KB you own the shit out of the battleground without it I'm certain.

I haven't got the crossbow yet.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

51. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 03:45 Quinn

Blue, I can't seem to see or post in the comments section of "The Witcher 3 Released" topic!

Played the game the second it unlocked last night, but only for 45 minutes do to the early day today. The game looks fantastic though I can't seem to get a steady 60fps with everything on Ultra, even with my GTX980. Perhaps my CPU is the bottleneck now but I can't imagine this. It might be the NVidia Hairworks. A friend of mine with a 780Ti jumped from 35fps to 60fps once he turned that off, so I might need to try that.. although I don't want to, because... well, I have a fucking 980 -_-

The game looks absolutely amazing. I also like the combat! Geralt didn't feel all that responsive, though. I nearly ran off the mountain with him because somehow, he starts with a walking pace before he jumps into a run a second later. I think this is the control-stick feature (where you can tilt your stick a little to walk and more to start into a run) not properly translated into M/KB control. In an earlier review I read that they had problem controlling their horse to a point that it got them nowhere. They had to get off the horse and go by foot. Unfathomable! The horse controls absolutely amazing, and I'm in love with Roach XI.

So, yeah.. slightly disappointed that the game won't run at a constant 60fps with everything on Ultra but it still plays amazingly smooth (50fps average), and that's very remarkable considering the ABSOLUTE BEAUTY it paints on the monitor!

PS: I'll have to adjust the GPU Generated Frames setting in the NVidia Control Panel, I just remembered, to 3 instead of "Game Based". This can really boost the FPS if the CPU is indeed the bottleneck!

PPS: Sorry for this impromptu, messy little review. I'm at work, exhausted from last night and so busy that I shouldn't even allow myself on this page xD

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 03:50.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 16:38 Quinn

Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:08:
Quinn wrote on May 18, 2015, 15:00:
Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:53:
I might give this game a go. My brother has just had a hissy fit and is totally unwilling to play it because 3D Vision support for it is "Not Recommended". He keeps going on about how 3D Vision is the future and how ALL games should support it. Sadly very few seem to.

He's so very wrong. 3D Vision sucks. About 99% of the people I've ever met even fucking hate the 3D glasses cinema bullshit yet they keep trying to push it down our throat. Virtual Reality is the future? Sure, I can accept that. 3D Vision? Give me a fucking break and tell your brother to grow the fuck up.

While I agree with you, having had a 3D Vision monitor with the glasses myself, you should consider scaling down the tone in your reply a bit. I do this: Imagine you're standing in front of someone in person and are having the conversation - how does it sound best? I guess the answer to that depends on upbringing, education, cultural background, etc.

I agree. I was hungry, tired, and pissed off at work

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 15:00 Quinn

Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:53:
I might give this game a go. My brother has just had a hissy fit and is totally unwilling to play it because 3D Vision support for it is "Not Recommended". He keeps going on about how 3D Vision is the future and how ALL games should support it. Sadly very few seem to.

He's so very wrong. 3D Vision sucks. About 99% of the people I've ever met even fucking hate the 3D glasses cinema bullshit yet they keep trying to push it down our throat. Virtual Reality is the future? Sure, I can accept that. 3D Vision? Give me a fucking break and tell your brother to grow the fuck up.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
13. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 14:55 Quinn

I sometimes feel like I'm one of the few that really liked the last Doom. It was, however, one of the few games that was actually too long

I'm not excited by this reveal, because Doom doesn't trigger that nostalgia stuff that it does for others. To me, it's just a new FPS reveal and all I do is hope it'll be a good one.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 13:56 Quinn

Holy shit! The tweak guide on geforce.com can get the game looking close to the 2013 footage again =)  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 13:19 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:04:
Lord Tea wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:34:
jomisab wrote on May 18, 2015, 09:33:
Do these also restore the visual fidelity implied by the screenshots still on the Steam store page? Or the greater fidelity clearly evident in earlier gameplay trailers? lol...sorry, couldn't resist. I'm sure it's going to look amazing regardless.

I don't know about the drivers but the day-1 patch is said to bring back some of the quality of earlier trailers. Source (German)

There's no proof in that screenshot comparison they have there... It's just different lighting/time of day.

Also, those are 2 review builds and absolutely bullshit. How do I know for certain? The preview build didn't have that tree that partially blocks the view toward the church on the right. The review builds do.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 12:30 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:25:
qsto wrote on May 18, 2015, 10:36:
Anyhow, I fail to understand how new set of drivers could have anything to do with "marketing", please enlighten me.

Well in their own words they push their program of "Game Ready" which can only be found on NVidia products. Selling...

The Illuminati are behind this, and everything is a lie! Word.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 11:18 Quinn

nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 11:15:
qsto wrote on May 18, 2015, 10:36:
nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 08:52:
Hoping these'll fix the "ERR GFX D3D" GTA crashes as well...

Got around 100h of GTAV with 350.12 drivers on GTX980 clocked 1500/8000 and not a single crash the entire time, online and campaign.

That's great, but it doesn't help myself or the other people having the issue.

3 known solutions:

1. Overclock your card a little less;
2. Turn on Vsync;
3. Get Windows 8.1.

PS: You probably have me on ignore, so you will probably never see these solutions. Rolleyes

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 10:56 Quinn

nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 08:52:
Hoping these'll fix the "ERR GFX D3D" GTA crashes as well...

You still running Windows 7? I had this problem with my GTX 980 and had to tune down the overclocking a little. Now I have Windows 8.1, GTX 980 fully OC'ed and not a single crash anymore.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 17, 2015, 18:09 Quinn

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2015, 17:49:
Are you Witcher fans jacked for tomorrow night? Are you totes stoked?!

I did a dumb miscalculation in the days off I planned. Tuesday I'm working 9 to 5! It's goddamn wensday I'm off. So, yeah.. Tuesday I'll be at work reading all the comments on Blues about how fantastic (I hope!) the game is. Feel sorry for me, please.. xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1845 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo