Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1289 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
17. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 15, 2014, 14:55 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 13:47:
Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:00:
Ugh already caught 2 dream sequence snippets from that trailer, looks like more of what was annoying in Far Cry 3.

No doubt. Hated the dream sequences, hated the main character, and hated the second island popping out of nowhere when I was basically ready to end the repetition and end the game.

But I got hours upon hours before the repetition bugged me, and I felt the German guy on the second island was hands down the best character and would have much preferred a spin-off with him (like Crysis Warhead) rather than the eye-searing, dumbed-down Blood Dragon.

So repetition started to bug you, too, huh? Saw a disconcerting gameplay video today -- the game is basically a Far Cry 3 expansion. The combat looked exactly the same, ie grab-killing the enemy which starts off a chain-grab-kill of nearby enemies followed by a knife-throw of an enemy in the distance. It was literally the exact same stuff you do in Far Cry 3.

I was excited about this title, until I saw that video. I can't link it because I'm at work. :\

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
28. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 15, 2014, 14:25 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 06:04:
Ok just finished the IGN review of A:ISolation. Apparently the game gets tedious after a few hours. Seems fair enough. One of the main reasons why horror games have never attracted me is that once you die a few times in the same exact way in exactly the same circumstances they stop becoming scary. The unscripted Alien in A:Isolation appears to be a solution to the problem, but even that gets old after a few hours when survival is the only real objective.

This is true, but like Amnesia these type of games ask something from gamers only few are willing to do: To play the game in the dark with a headphone or good surround system, loud volume and in a setting that DOES NOT DISTRACT YOU EVERY SO MANY MINUTES! In short: If you don't allow yourself to be immersed 101% into the game, it will fail to deliver.

I play these games by that code, which is why I haven't been able to play it more than a few little hours yet due to... well, life -- I can only play it at night when my wife and the cats are asleep and I don't have to get up early. Yet so far I'm on the edge of my seat every minute I play A:I, fighting myself with all my willpower not to hit the ESC(pause) button and take a breath IRL.
I fucking love it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
9. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 15, 2014, 09:19 Quinn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 08:12:
Drayth wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 00:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:33:
Does this mean I'll have to finally force myself to buy and play through DA2 to know what's going on in this game? Dammit part 2.
https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

When that site opens you can log in, run through a retelling of the story of the first 2 games, make decisions along the way, and it'll allow you to import the decisions into DA3's game like bringing over a save from one Mass Effect to another.

Thanks for the link but there is a small issue. Once you login with your Origin account, you are greeted with:

"Beta Signup is now closed" and no further progress is possible.

Yes the tip is weirdly construed. It's still in beta. It should release any day now, though! They announced Dragon Age Keep will release a month prior to release.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 15, 2014, 04:57 Quinn

Hour of PC gameplay on TWITCH:

http://www.twitch.tv/bioware/c/5289519

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 09:56 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 09:52:
Evil Within 10 out of 10, there ya go.

A 10 is a bit too perfect to ever take serious. Note to self regarding that website: Don't visit it. Ever.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer
25. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer Oct 14, 2014, 09:27 Quinn

Trashy wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 08:28:
Quinn wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 03:32:
Personally, I think the Borderlands games aren't that good multiplayer games. When I played Borderlands 2, I soon realized the multiplayer mode was basically the same as singleplayer, just with extra players competing for frags. You may think "Duh!?" at first, but realize that this game is made -- from scratch! -- as a multiplayer game. I think it's ridiculous that this "multiplayer" game adds no real sense of CO-OPERATION to the gameplay other than revival, trading and the vehicles. I don't know about Borderlands 3, but the games don't even have voice-commands. Even the 10+ year old Wolfenstein multiplayer (before Enemy Territory) had voice-commands... V41!

You don't compete for frags, I don't think it even keeps track of kills outside of personal challenges and sure you can compare trophies I guess.. Voice commands?, the game is meant to be played with friends not some random people that you order around via crude pre-recorded messages bound to function keys.. The game is intended to be a mix between a shooter and the Diablo franchise, it's not trying to be what you are looking for.

I agree, the game is sadly not what I'm looking for indeed. What I meant with competing with frags is literally hunting for the kill. When I played it with 2 friends, I was the sniper. I mowed all the enemies down before my friends could get into range with their assault rifles. It wasn't fun. At some point I switched to a similar class as theirs to "even the odds".

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 08:40:

ah-hahaha! "Competing for frags"...

What was this, pathetic little piglet?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Oct 14, 2014, 09:18 Quinn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 08:38:
Quinn wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 06:32:
Why wait for a sale per se, though?

Why not? Most of us have a backlog of games that we're working through, sometimes on multiple platforms, and paying full price for a game we won't play for six months is silly when I can pick it up in six months, or on a sale, for much cheaper.

Not wasting money is generally a pretty sound financial move.

From the customer's perspective that's a dead giveaway ofc. So is piracy.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 14, 2014, 06:32 Quinn

Alamar wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:09:
I would like to pick up Planet Explorers... But I don't want to jump on it until it's out of EA... I have a few EA's already, and some have been great, and I want more, but even at that kind of 'best case scenario', it just leaves me waiting... If I'm gonna wait, I may as well wait until the post-release sale ; )

I was with you entirely, until the last word. Not supporting a game in EA is something I understand and I don't do it either, so waiting for the actual retail version is more than understandable. Why wait for a sale per se, though?

To each their own, of course. I just think there's a lot of a "bargain bin" mentality among this community.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed
8. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed Oct 14, 2014, 05:07 Quinn

NKD wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 04:37:
Quinn wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 03:58:
This cow's been milked so much, the udders are destroyed and the milk it now preduces is mixed with blood and agony. Somehow there still are PC gamers who send it down their throats in gulps, basking in its flavour. Unbelievable.

Did you really just post this? This is like cringe-worthy levels of pretentious douchebaggery. You might as well have just called it shallow and pedantic while tipping your fucking fedora.

I know! It's fucking disgusting! It's how I, personally, feel about the AC franchise by now, though -- it makes me sick, like milk from hell.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed
6. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed Oct 14, 2014, 03:58 Quinn

This cow's been milked so much, the udders are destroyed and the milk it now preduces is mixed with blood and agony. Somehow there still are PC gamers who send it down their throats in gulps, basking in its flavour. Unbelievable.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer
20. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer Oct 14, 2014, 03:32 Quinn

Personally, I think the Borderlands games aren't that good multiplayer games. When I played Borderlands 2, I soon realized the multiplayer mode was basically the same as singleplayer, just with extra players competing for frags. You may think "Duh!?" at first, but realize that this game is made -- from scratch! -- as a multiplayer game. I think it's ridiculous that this "multiplayer" game adds no real sense of CO-OPERATION to the gameplay other than revival, trading and the vehicles. I don't know about Borderlands 3, but the games don't even have voice-commands. Even the 10+ year old Wolfenstein multiplayer (before Enemy Territory) had voice-commands... V41!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 13, 2014, 12:19 Quinn

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:25:
I had to run a system restore on my system because Windows kept on hanging at the start up screen likely caused by a driver shitting the bed. When I finally got back to my desktop, I went to fire up A:I and noticed it was greyed out.

My system restore did something I never thought was possible and removed the game and thus my save files. So now I have to spend another eight hours to download and play catch up for another seven or so and I just don't feel up to doing it right now.

Sort of extinguished the flame of wanting to play the game for now.

Yup, system restore does delete the games you installed after its checkpoint. The system restore shouldn't change your saves, but it may roll back other game files that will then make your saves unplayable until you apply the needed updates. Also, because it's Steam and you had to reinstall the game, there's a chance Steam made a new entry folder for the game to put its saves in.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 13, 2014, 11:20 Quinn

Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:11:
harlock wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 10:03:
Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 09:34:
InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 02:35:
Yeah gotta say the game is growing on me...the mechanics are simplistic and repetetive but there is fun to be had in the game once you start doing more of the side missions and just plain run around wreaking havoc.

Same here. Just got started and my only difficulty is finding out how to properly interrogate a worm. I keep accidentally killing them instead. It's a bit frustrating. Haven't done any of the main story missions...still running around the map.

you can grab a worm whenever, you dont have to beat them down

So I hit the grab button first then hit the interrogate button right? I could have sworn that the last time I did that, he threw me off. I'll give it another try when I get home.

You have to make sure you HOLD the grab button and not tap it. Once you hold the button and you hold the Uruk in a locked grip, you can choose to stab him, drain him or interrogate him. Letting go of the grab button throws the Uruk away.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 18:21 Quinn

nin wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:26:
Alamar wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:52:
Also saw Prez in SoM last night, but it just kept showing notifications he was playing it, so it might have been crashing, or some other oddity...

Yeah, at one point in the evening, he hopped in, and within 2-3 minutes it said he hopped back in again. Not sure if he was configing it or if it was crashing.

I see he's in there now...

Who cares? Are you his personal stalker? Some graphic configs require the user to restart the game, fyi.

Glad to see Styx in the list. I'm surprised by how good it is and it made me realize how consolized about every game is these days. Styx brings back the honest manual jumping and manual saves without those dumb checkpoints. It's fun and it doesn't take itself too serious. Styx' model is very nice. The AI isn't special but not flawed either. All in all, if you want the oldschool year 2000 third person stealth feel back, get yer hands on Styx. The game, that is. The goblin will cut you open.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
24. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 11, 2014, 18:02 Quinn

Great game for a good night (or two) of cinematic bloodshedding. The game itself is beautiful, the storytelling pretty sweet. The gameplay boring, like Shadow of Mordor with QTE.

Worth 15 mayyybe 20 dollars.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
62. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 11, 2014, 11:55 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 08:49:
People put you on ignore so that they don't have to see your text anymore. That's not bullying. Trying to harass them and chase them around every comment section probably is closer to that. One of you is an alt for the person in question and ended up switching profiles to escape his reputation, the other shills heavily for EA and people got sick of it. I can't summon any sympathy for a few trolls who got called out on their shit. The regulars here might be inclusive but theres not many of them and their usual response is to just ignore people who troll which is pretty benign. If you want to see bullying, go hang out on 4chan for awhile.

I don't hang out or really 'get along' with many users here but I manage to interact without getting to the extremes you lot do.

Every comment section? Who are you trying to fool, here? This was the second time! And RedMask, while we almost always disagree on something I do respect you for being candid and not mincing your words. I didn't mean you when I was talking about those "bullies". I feel like pointing that out since you seem to be carrying a particularly large torch and pitchfork atm.

I'm not going to dignify the accusations in your last post with a retort.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 17:43 Quinn

Techie714 wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 17:19:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 16:49:
Necrophob wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 16:44:
26G? Is that all on-disk DLC or something? How are games getting shorter and simpler, yet use up more and more disk space?

Simpler? FUCK YES!

Shorter? FUCK NO!

According to some BioWare dude DAI is s'posed ta be a 200 hour game.

200 hours WTF? That's WAY to long! lol

Way too long? I wish Mass Effect never ended -- ever! But then it did, in the worst fashion possible.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

56. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 10, 2014, 17:26 Quinn

Oh but you don't get it, RedMask. I couldn't care any less who likes me in this online community or not. If I cared, I wouldn't call out somebody who is being repetative and smallminded enough to even put ppl on blacklists.

*sigh* but whatever. The 3 people who jump on this thing like swines on manflesh are the bullies I don't expect any less from. It's all right.

*takes a gulp of his Belgium special beer after lighting his cigar, quite content*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

54. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 10, 2014, 14:26 Quinn

- the three arrogant, self-righteous assholes said. ;-)  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

50. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 10, 2014, 08:08 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 00:59:
Redmask wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 17:32:
LOL, point is Origin/UPlay aren't meant for all games like steam, it does't need a big social thing, you got a dozen other avenues. Right you don't give a shit, but I'm not anti business

That's funny because they make a token effort at implementing all of those features. I just want them to do a better job of it. I'm not anti business either but we're talking about gaming clients, not the stock market. If you care that much then go buy shares in EA, I give a shit about what affects me as a customer.

Someone should really tell this guy that removing me from his blacklist would prevent him from looking silly by posting the same shit I've said a few comments ealier. It happens so often I find it worth it to hereby stain my pride.

You seem to be saying this a lot with different people, maybe you should do some rumination on why people keep putting you on ignore instead of internet stalking them. If a bunch of people stuck me on ignore I would probably think about what I was doing to piss everyone off and contemplate some changes. In case that was too subtle its not them, its you. I've never seen you accept responsibility for anything so I have probably wasted my time typing this.

Bad Quoting, didn't say the last part, I don't use ignore, anywhere.

Redmask wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 07:07:
You were quoted at the top, someone else was quoted at the bottom. There was nothing bad about it, I just didn't feel like making two separate replies.

It really is bad quoting. People who don't read the entire thread would think HorrorScope said the buttom quote as well.

As for your reply to me: I don't say it a lot with different people, just Creston, and that's if you consider a second mention "a lot". The reason I bring it up with him is because he does often say the almost exact same stuff I say. Kind of ironic, considering he doesn't read my comment because they are "always full of shit" ;-)

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1289 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo