Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1127 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 07:08 Quinn

CJ_Parker, I somehow sense allot of frustration there. I know that feeling when it's hard to fathom somebody can have such an ultimately different opinion as yourself.

Graphics & Animations... well, I truly love them. The physics are very well done, too. Have you looked at the pinetrees dancing in the wind? An incredible amount of love is put into this world! In the end, though, it's all subjective observation.

Combat... sure, constantly rolling is a way too exploit the system. They should have fixed this by adding a stamina bar. I only use dodge when it's truly necessary, which is only when fighting giant creatures or when normal enemies use power attacks. Riposting with a well-timed parry parry -- and therefore staying on the offense although you just dropped into defense -- feels very... 1337. I can also remember my Dark Souls experience: A huge giant creature attacks me on a small wall. How do I kill this creature in this oh-so-grand game? I hug his feet, keep rolling and hitting and rolling and hitting. There are SO.MANY.GAMES where you can exploit the combat system, man. So many!

Retard HUD tips... you can turn them off, so I wonder why you're complaining about that. Have you played the game yourself?

Blahblahbluhbleh... are you trying to sound like a genius here who figured out something infinitely complex?

Such a gamer thing, getting your panties in a bunch because someone gives advise that is obvious to you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 17, 2014, 14:48 Quinn

I'm loving Risen 3 so much! The graphics and animations look really good, combat is great once you get good in it (awesome to parry at the exact right moment after a streak of attacks so that your character ripostes with another hit), allot of places to explore and chests to lockpick, etc etc.

Risen 1 was great, Risen 2 was a shame, Risen 3 is great once again. I hear allot of people are complaining about combat being too hard. Some don't seem to understand that you don't need to keep holding the mousebutton in order to execute heavy strikes -- once your hand starts glowing and your animation turns into slowmotion, it's actually the que to to let the mousebutton go! Also, dodge or parry after an enemy dodges your attack because they're on you before your next swing lands.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Risen 3 Rises in EU
9. Re: Risen 3 Rises in EU Aug 16, 2014, 14:35 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 02:04:
Icewind wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 22:45:
Neilsouth wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 13:44:
If you're interesting in buying this game..

Crap combat and bad camera, such as stun lock/camera getting stuck behind objects and your character can also get stuck.

Gameplay wise, graphics and sound is pretty good.

It's a 7/10 game with shit combat but worthy of a buy, way better than Risen 2

How are you getting stunlocked? I don't get that. I've spent 25 hours in the game so far and the combat is so smooth, so satisfying and so easy that I WISH they would remake gothic 1-3 with this same system. It's that fluid and simple.

It's the first Piranha Bytes game where I haven't slammed my fist on the keyboard due to cheap deaths.

You must be playing a completely different game from everyone else then because this is the first really positive comment I've heard about the combat. Even the usual PB fanbois acknowledge that the combat is crap and unbalanced (at times too hard against trash mobs and way too easy against some of the XP heavyweights). The only term that fits is "easy" because it is indeed mind bogging stupid easy if you play it safe. Hit, roll, hit, roll, hit, roll, ... yawn... snore... what?... oh yes, I'm awake, why, no, really, I am... zzzzz...

I hate to break it to you, but evidently this combat system requires skill. I'm not getting stunlocked or anything. The combat is fluid and nice and if you time your heavy swings right, they take just as long to hit as normal hits. If an enemy gets through your defense and hits you, that's when you have to stop your assault immediately and start parrying or dodging and wait until it's the right time to swing again.

It's really easy. Too easy, even! But smooth and fun nonetheless.

I am freaking LOVING this game!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 21:18 Quinn

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 19:49:
It is so funny and ironic that every person in this thread defending the game admits to not playing it anymore. For an MMO that has only been out 3 months...that tells you everything you need to know.

I dunno. I find it hard arguing with that logic, indeed. All I can say -- or.. repeat -- is that I had a blast with the game (to a point where my wife was starting to make fun of my juvenile joy as I kept showing her my Khajiit every time he started to look nicer). For me, it were all the singleplayer games that came out. I simply had to choose, because apart from gaming there's also Work & Wife & Social Life. Once there's a singleplayer draught again, ESO will prolly be the first game I'll start up again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 14:55 Quinn

Didn't get to VR stuff, but I was playing 6 toons and had a blast, I let my sub expire as I just don't have time to play. Bummed. I really like the game.

Same here. Beth sent me a survey to let them know why I quit. So sad, there wasn't a proper choice that basically said "I freaking love ESO, I'm just so busy that continueing playing it has now become a backlog matter".

If you haven't played it, you shouldn't judge it. So to anyone here who's spewing shit about the game while you haven't even touched it yourself: The joke's on you. Also, this game is not a game for powerleveling. If that's your thing, I completely understand the game sucks for you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 14:40 Quinn

I am So. Fucking. Tired. of this franchise. So fucking tired...

Truly, I'll soon want to lock my head between my hands and scream "MAKE IT STOP!". Even the fucking title that pops up everywhere I look is beginning to cause some weird twitches in my facial features here and there. Fucking hell!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 14, 2014, 12:52 Quinn

Personally I loved HoMM6. Definitely more than HoMM5. HoMM7 will probably be a buy at the first day of release.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
5. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:22 Quinn

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:54:
Please don't pull a Ubisoft and the final game looks only half as good as this...

It almost truly looks too good to be true, doesn't it? It really does.

Luckily, we have more than just one E3 clip by now, with the game closer to release than a whole freaking year. I'm optimistic. A wellspring of optimism, even.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 14, 2014, 02:37 Quinn

1badmf wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 18:39:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 17:19:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 14:49:
Blue wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:51:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:47:
I agree with you that the optimism we are seein in this usual negative cesspit is a curious thing...

Clearly what we need is more wellsprings of positivity like yourself.

I agree. I wouldn't piss all over a publisher that releases some of his most popular games for free, for example (Sims 2). Neither would I piss all over a game I haven't even myself played (ESO). So, yeah, in relation to the bitter old souls here, I'm ok with you calling me a wellspring of positivity. Fuck yes!

Whoosh.

hahahaahahahah. of course there's the possibility he was fully aware and just choosing to make the best of it. NNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Wait, you mean Blue was being sarcastic!? Noooo not fair! He should've used the sarcasm tags T_T

Lol wtf do you think

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 14:49 Quinn

Blue wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:51:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:47:
I agree with you that the optimism we are seein in this usual negative cesspit is a curious thing...

Clearly what we need is more wellsprings of positivity like yourself.

I agree. I wouldn't piss all over a publisher that releases some of his most popular games for free, for example (Sims 2). Neither would I piss all over a game I haven't even myself played (ESO). So, yeah, in relation to the bitter old souls here, I'm ok with you calling me a wellspring of positivity. Fuck yes!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 13:47 Quinn

Although I am looking forward to this game, what I'm actually looking forward to is what I hope this game will actually deliver. I agree with you that the optimism we are seein in this usual negative cesspit is a curious thing, and I wonder what source is tapped to conjure such optimism as well.

Every video I've seen yet simply doesn't paint a clear picture of what we can expect. Some gameplay vids give a hint that this truly will be "mass effect with swords" as the phrase goes, which I'd probably love. But then there's also videos like the one up here, which paint me a picture of an overal bland experience (and this emo/shade companion! Wtf!? Give me the option to kill him right off the bat and I will, with looks like that).

Anyway, from what I've seen about DA:I, I can make myself feel optimistic. That the rest of this bunch of Blue people tend to be optimistic as well, surprises me as much as it does you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 13, 2014, 13:14 Quinn

"...release on PCs later this year." What? It says 2015. That plus the Shadow Council makes me kind of certain that this game will be released later next year.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 12:29 Quinn

Fion wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 12:06:
Gonna be a great Fall for gaming, assuming all the awesome looking games coming out are indeed awesome. XX fingers.

Shadow of Mordor
FIFA 15
Borderlands Pre-Sequal
Civ: Beyond Earth
Assassins Creed: Unity (I suspect a Meh game)
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Far Cry 4
Sims 4 (My SO's most anticipated game of the year)

My answer: FIFA 15!! (Assuming we were playing the "what definitely doesn't belong in the list" quiz)

As for the rest of the list, I kinda agree. It looks very promising, this fall. These anticipations truly lift my mood when I think about them. True gamer at heart, I guess.

And then there's the Witcher 3 early next year. w00t!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
52. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 10:39 Quinn

Why the hell would Microsoft antagonize itself like this for such a temporary exclusivity deal. People now just think "Go fuck yourself" while waiting for the release on their platform. At least otherwise they would have though "Go fuck yourself" while getting themselves an Xbone. Maybe.

So dumb.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords Aug 12, 2014, 18:15 Quinn

Do I still belie-- ...what? I'm not trying to be the game's advocate here. I haven't played it yet. What I wonder is where you got your information from, since the game is only out for a few hours yet except for a console version that had leaked a few days earlier. And trust me, I literally don't care AT ALL what that group has to say about a game like Risen. What I do know is that every Risen/Gothic game needs to build on the player a little, so people who've already spewed their bile after the few few hours they could've possibly played it... Well, I keep my reservations in benefit of the game, yeah.

What I can say is that I've watched about an hour of gameplay footage from Twitch and I really loved what I was seeing. They obviously put more time and development in combat and animations too, plus the factions are back and gear that represents your rank in the faction of your choosing which has influence on the NPCs that recognize it.

Again, these are the kinda games where you just can't trust the reviews. Too many 14 year olds out their who can't appreciate anything that's third person but doesn't play like Gears of War.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords Aug 12, 2014, 16:59 Quinn

It's crazy that the devs are around my Dutch corner, yet I have to wait longer to play the game than the people who live an ocean apart.

Anyway, screw Metacritic regarding these kinda games. No flashy colours en other kinda pew-pew plus "rough around the edges" makes many (Americans?) cry "CRAP!" without giving it a proper chance.

For the people who loved the Gothic games (1 and 2 at least), I wouldn't write this game off so easily -- especially after watching the "back to the roots" trailer.

Definite buy for me.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Into the Black
39. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 15:18 Quinn

Because your reason for deletion is the act of insulting another poster. It shouldn't really matter if you insult said poster once, twice or however many times, unless your rule says "after insulting a poster more than once in a single post, that does it".

Anyway, in the end it's all right. The guy pissed me off with his stupidity and it set off a wave of emotions in writing with me. I understand you removed it, but again.. Well.. read the above.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

37. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 14:35 Quinn

It's not rocketscience, of course. But we're all bein assholes to eachother anyway. My point is that I think you should apply your rule to all or none.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

35. Re: removed Aug 12, 2014, 10:32 Quinn

Quinn wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 09:12:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 12, 2014, 10:00.

Blue, I gotta urge you to be less selective in removing comments. I know I'm not always being politically correct enough, but come on! Scroll down just a little and realize that if my comment is being removed, so much some others. Or, better yet, if some others aren't being removed, neither should mine.

I'll post what I've wrote earlier again, but I'll try not to convey how I'm actually feeling.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:42:
nin wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:22:
PropheT wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:16:
Really sad to hear about Robin Williams, it's being reported everywhere now it seems.

Yep. I'm depressed as hell now...

Yea, well, don't go killing yourself. Cowards way out and I am more pissed than sad.

Alright, here we go. xXBatmanXx, saying something as unsympathetic as that really makes you look like an angry 15 year old. You're pissed he committed suicide, and that pisses me off. I know gamers can have a reputation of being completely devoid of compassion, and although I'm always combatting that image, people like you make it damn hard to do so.

That people are driven to commit suicide is a very sorry thing. Saying that people who do so are cowards is insensitive and an insult to your own intelligence. Many would agree when I state that depression is one of the worst illnesses out there. Look it up.

If your incompassionate remark is born out of weird dogma of belief, then I can only say that I feel sorry for you. If it's not, and you're just being inhumane, then... *sigh*... what can I say?

Robin Williams was a great actor and he warmed my heart with every performance he did. I feel his loss profoundly. He must have had a troubled soul indeed. He'll be missed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

31. removed Aug 12, 2014, 09:12 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 12, 2014, 10:00.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1127 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo