Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1843 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Branching Trailer
12. Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 18, 2015, 11:15 Quinn

Shit shit shit. Watched some more trailers and this game looks more and more like Middle-Earth. I bet there'll be no reason to explore the vast landscape except for collectibles. Luckily the game has some sort of a crafting system that will stay fun for an hour or two but not enough to warrant a full price buy.

I fucking hated Middle Earth.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
10. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 11:11 Quinn

Slashman wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 10:05:
Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 09:48:
Some of the early combat footage looks really bad. Hoped they went with turn-based. What I have seen looked really messy and boring. The rest of the game? Amazing.

No they did not go with turn based. Was Syndicate in any way turn based? Because that is what this is a spiritual successor of.

Didn't play Syndicate, and that doesn't mean that I should keep my observations to myself. And from the looks of the latest comments, the combat wasn't Syndicate's strong point. Perhaps they should have gone turn based? xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter
2. Re: Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter Aug 18, 2015, 10:00 Quinn

I read Anachranox. -_-  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
5. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 09:48 Quinn

Some of the early combat footage looks really bad. Hoped they went with turn-based. What I have seen looked really messy and boring. The rest of the game? Amazing.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
15. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 09:20 Quinn

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 08:43:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 03:24:
Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 01:27:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 01:18:
Quinn wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 18:40:
It might take some unusual willpower considering the draught on good games atm

Have you tried Life is Strange?

Nope, not yet! Did have my eyes on it. I wanna get it when all the episodes are out. I wouldn't watch a TV series season a second sooner either But people say it's pretty good, yeah?

To give you an idea, Life is Strange and Witcher 3 are my GOTYs and of those two I am leaning towards LIS simply because it's a more "visceral" and "raw" than Witcher 3. You will not be disappointed in the least!

DONTNOD is releasing episodes on an 8-week schedule. So if the schedule holds episode 5 should be out the week of September 21st. As someone who played all four episodes waiting for the 5th is torture!

Thanks for mentioning LIS! I hadn't bothered to even look at it until I read your post. Looks great! Can't wait to try it! Thanks!

Thanks indeed, Kxmode! That's some serious praising, mate. It got me really excited and I no longer have any doubts whether to buy it or not. Band practice tonight, LIS tomorrow night!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 01:27 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 01:18:
Quinn wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 18:40:
It might take some unusual willpower considering the draught on good games atm

Have you tried Life is Strange?

Nope, not yet! Did have my eyes on it. I wanna get it when all the episodes are out. I wouldn't watch a TV series season a second sooner either But people say it's pretty good, yeah?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 00:26 Quinn

Ludomancer wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 20:33:
Did you mean "drought"?

A draught of good games sounds like there are some out there right now, and I would like you to tell me where.

Drought, I mean! The one you get by lack of rain xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 17, 2015, 18:43 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 04:28:
Quinn wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 19:15:
Wetworks24 wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 18:42:
Less than 3 months till Fallout 4!

And absolutely nothing of interest in between, as far as I can remember

Mad Max
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Volume
Pillars of Eternity: White March
Metal Gear Solid 5
Act of Aggression
Armikrog
Sword Coast Legends
M&M Heroes 7
Blood Bowl 2
Rainbow Six Siege
Satellite Reign

Plenty of good stuff coming out before FO4.

You are right! When I wrote that, I didn't think about MMoH7 and Mad Max. I did think about Sword Coast Legends which I'm really looking forward to. The rest doesn't interest me, except for Satellite Reign although I will not touch that unless it's out of EA.

MGS5 does look very good, but I cannot believe that game will actually be good, too. I'm sceptic beyond rationale, simply because I throw up in my mouth anytime I think Metal Gear.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 17, 2015, 18:40 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 17:50:
Well shit... I had started a new game a month or two ago and apparently forgot to make a manual save of my story finish game, so the autos and checkpoints were overwritten and now I can't do NG+. I'll probably wait a bit longer now, lol, since I'm not quite up to doing another playthrough so that I can do another playthrough yet.

It might take some unusual willpower considering the draught on good games atm, but my plan is to wait for a full, awesome replay when both expansions are released.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Seven Announced
12. Re: Seven Announced Aug 17, 2015, 15:45 Quinn

Darks wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 11:43:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 11:34:
Goddammit! Another fookin' cartoony mickey mouse game! Faaaarrrrrkkkk!!!

You must be dizzy, those are concept art. Not the actual game. they haven't shown anything for that yet.

How could he miss that? Solid proof that some are just here to troll.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 16, 2015, 19:15 Quinn

Wetworks24 wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 18:42:
Less than 3 months till Fallout 4!

And absolutely nothing of interest in between, as far as I can remember

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
16. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 14, 2015, 14:45 Quinn

PHJF wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 11:00:
A parkour system doesn't really flourish there, does it?

You know what Dying Light is without climbing and jumping about on stuff? Dead Island. And, this may shock you, it had vehicles!

If you watched the video you may also have noticed there is zero melee combat shown. I'm sure everyone remembering Dying Light is recalling how AWESOME the firearms combat is.

Why should they limit themselves to the same shit they've done an entire game? They'll still have melee combat in this expansion, don't you doubt it. They'll still have parkour moments in this expansion, don't you doubt it. With this expansion, they've decided to... well, expand.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
13. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 14, 2015, 03:33 Quinn

Now THIS is what we call something worthy of a season pass. And, of course because it's bluesnews, some bitter life-loathing haters somehow manage to talk shite about it. Shortsighted shite at that.

Obviously there are vast fields in this expansion, as you can clearly see in the trailer. A parkour system doesn't really flourish there, does it? Also, I'm absolutely certain, without a single doubt in my mind, that there will be enough quests and areas where you will have to make use of the parkour gameplay. So, yeah.. as Desann would say: pathetic attempt.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 13, 2015, 19:41 Quinn

Dungeons & Dragons?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released
26. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 12, 2015, 13:01 Quinn

The guy, however, fails to realize that any enthusiast on Bluesnews who doesn't wake up every morning mumbling "Fuck my life" is a fanboy. /facepalm  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

24. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 12, 2015, 11:12 Quinn

Darks wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 08:36:
peteham wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 19:14:
The trouble with DLC like this though, is that it never really goes on sale. Ever. Jaws of Hakkon had a small discount right now but nothing substantial.

Yea I know what you mean. I've been watching the DLC to see if it goes on sale too. I am interested in this DLC just because they go under ground and it deals with some of the origin story-line stuff.

No proper discounts you guys expect? Damn... Maybe I'll just bite. In the end it's only a few special beers less, is how I always rationalize...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 12, 2015, 04:51 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 02:53:
So... any actual feedback on this DLC? The Deep Roads were almost universally reviled in DAO, so it's strange that they'd base an entire DLC off of it.

I liked the Deep Roads. The unexplored mystery of them. I'm very excited about this DLC and the earlier one. Too bad they are kinda steep in price.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 12, 2015, 01:53 Quinn

Deepjay wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 01:39:
They definitely improved on DA2 - but DAI's collection insanity was a few steps back. Witcher 3 by comparioson blew it away.

Didn't the completionist in you scream in agony during TW3, is what you're saying?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 12, 2015, 00:41 Quinn

Blackhawk wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 23:06:
And then there is the fact that you can't actually finish the game without killing at least one...

Indeed. He's lying out of his ass. Even if you weren't forced to kill at least one, you would have played the game simply the wrong way. Some of the dragons are really in your face.

Also, Theda's... Thedas's. How about Thedas', ffs?!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 11, 2015, 09:22 Quinn

Verno wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 09:07:
DA:I was worth it for the characters alone, story was solid too. The gameplay was all over the place, sometimes fantastic and other times just dreadful. They need to go all in on action or tactical, this half assed approach isn't working.

That all really depends on the person playing it. All action would've bored me quickly, all tactical would've become a fucking drag for me as well. I kinda liked this hybrid. My only gripe is that it could've been a tad more visceral -- not to forget that was part of the hype-generator in the first game.

As for TW3 vs DA:I... Maybe it's my state of mind, but I was more immersed in DA:I than I ever was in TW3. A part of the reason was that I hadn't read the books so I had hardly a clue who the hell Yennifer was let alone Ciri! Imo, the combat of DA:I was more fun, too.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1843 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo