Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1295 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
54. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 19, 2014, 11:27 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 10:25:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39:
Why the hell would Microsoft antagonize itself like this for such a temporary exclusivity deal. People now just think "Go fuck yourself" while waiting for the release on their platform. At least otherwise they would have though "Go fuck yourself" while getting themselves an Xbone. Maybe.

So dumb.

Because Microsoft does not make games for consumers... Microsoft is a gigantic profit driven company, they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. They looked at the calculated ROI and saw it's a profit (console sales + % of game sales), so they did it.

The real question you should be asking is why Square Enix did it, because they decided to go with it. So in reality, Square Enix can fuck off more than MS

I just heard the echo of the brainfart I made on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39. Sweatdrop You're right, the entire comment should've been aimed at Square Enix for it to make proper sense. Cheers

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2014, 09:42 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 09:15:
Quinn wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 01:15:
It's that you literally added nothing to the discussion with the "mediocre" comment.

It's all been said already here and in reviews ...

Case in point Crown

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2014, 01:15 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 19:52:
I've played it. It's not a good game and most of the reviews and others posting about it are bang on. His comment was an obvious attempt to deflect from any criticism.

Haha, first CJ_Parker's metaphorical gamer panties and now yours too!? Your retort makes so, so little sense in the context of my comment that only one person's insecurity shows here, Redmask

You're the one trying way too hard to defend this because you can't handle the fact that you might like a game that others don't like, talk about panties in a twist

It's that you literally added nothing to the discussion with the "mediocre" comment. For a guy who has played the game and built himself a valid verdict, the comment was mediocre at best. I therefore didn't have the impression you played the game yourself. That is all.

PS: I'm sure you're one of the best gamers out there, Redmask! I'm sure combat wasn't too frustrating for ye

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 17:39 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:21:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 15:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 11:43:
Seasons passes are up for passing

I know, right? Remember when a game was just a standalone game with no expectation of expansion pack, unless it sold really, really well? Now a game is an excuse to milk as much cash as possible from people. Season passes are just automatic now, regardless of whether it makes sense, is desired by consumers, etc. etc.

All season passes do to me nowadays is make me not want to buy the game at all... I wait until it's on sale with "all content"... for a fifth of the price.

If I want DLC I buy it on sites where it's cheaper than on steam, but often I don't want em at all Especially games like this that you play once and then you are "done" .... I find season passes for something like that absurd. At least back in the old days expansions usually added to the game from the end, so you could continue on after a game ending to experience more.. but now it's as you say, milking the cows for cash.

BF4 is basically the first time I didn't subscribe to the normal buying ways publishers want, bought game for cheap on GMG with a bunch of credit and voucher(just 30) and ended up buying the DLC I wanted for half of what it costs on Origin.... so I ended up paying less for what I wanted of the game than just what premium alone would have cost...

This exactly. DLC announcements pre-release makes me want to buy a game less. It has the exact opposite effect. Sadly, though, I guess the stats tell them suits otherwise.

And I'm a fucking hypocrite, buying both Island DLCs for Risen 3. The game just can't have enough content for me, though that doesn't make me any less pissed at Deep Silver for keeping content out for DLC purposes. My willpower needs exp -_-

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 17:27 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 14:14:
Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 09:27:
People generally suck at gaming and judging games from an objective point of view.

Maybe you suck at gaming but don't presume to speak for the rest of us. It's a bad game, sorry you're too defensive about a video game but that insecurity is your problem, not mine.

Haha, first CJ_Parker's metaphorical gamer panties and now yours too!? Your retort makes so, so little sense in the context of my comment that only one person's insecurity shows here, Redmask

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 13:11 Quinn

El Pit wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 12:50:
Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 12:10:
Yup, I hate them. I want my game utterly complete for the original price I'm paying for it. If I need to buy the DLC, I'd much rather pirate them... which means I have to pirate the entire game in order for them to work... which means that buying the game so that I can play a clean game with working achievements would be stupid... which means that although I'd normally buy the game, DLC pushes me over the edge of pirating instead.

If we're not talking about day 1 DLC's but content that will gradually be developed and release months into release, I'm completely fine with that and I even support it if the game still interests me by that time -- which it rarely ever does, though.

Nope, day-1 DLCs are still the biggest scam the game industry has ever come up with and it's kinda curious why there hasn't been an all-out revolt.

The alternative to STEALING the game is to wait for the complete/ultimate/game of the year/whatever version including all the dlcs. Most of the distributors (exception: EA) release the complete versions of their games a year or so later at low prices. See - again no reason to steal stuff.

I agree, and I buy these Game of the Year editions. Like I said: Stay within the normal pricing and I'm all game. I want a COMPLETE game for 45 euros max. Not a dime more. I'm willing to pay for DLC that comes out further down the line.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 12:10 Quinn

Yup, I hate them. I want my game utterly complete for the original price I'm paying for it. If I need to buy the DLC, I'd much rather pirate them... which means I have to pirate the entire game in order for them to work... which means that buying the game so that I can play a clean game with working achievements would be stupid... which means that although I'd normally buy the game, DLC pushes me over the edge of pirating instead.

If we're not talking about day 1 DLC's but content that will gradually be developed and release months into release, I'm completely fine with that and I even support it if the game still interests me by that time -- which it rarely ever does, though.

Nope, day-1 DLCs are still the biggest scam the game industry has ever come up with and it's kinda curious why there hasn't been an all-out revolt.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 09:27 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 09:12:
I am not surprised to see PB making yet another mediocre Risen game.

Wait, you mean to say you played it?

"No, but read reviews and saw vids."

Let one thing be clear: People generally suck at gaming and judging games from an objective point of view. Just pirate the game as a demo and be honest about it. You like it? You buy it. You don't? You delete it.

When I watch people play any Risen game (or Gothic), I throw up in my mouth.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 07:08 Quinn

CJ_Parker, I somehow sense allot of frustration there. I know that feeling when it's hard to fathom somebody can have such an ultimately different opinion as yourself.

Graphics & Animations... well, I truly love them. The physics are very well done, too. Have you looked at the pinetrees dancing in the wind? An incredible amount of love is put into this world! In the end, though, it's all subjective observation.

Combat... sure, constantly rolling is a way too exploit the system. They should have fixed this by adding a stamina bar. I only use dodge when it's truly necessary, which is only when fighting giant creatures or when normal enemies use power attacks. Riposting with a well-timed parry parry -- and therefore staying on the offense although you just dropped into defense -- feels very... 1337. I can also remember my Dark Souls experience: A huge giant creature attacks me on a small wall. How do I kill this creature in this oh-so-grand game? I hug his feet, keep rolling and hitting and rolling and hitting. There are SO.MANY.GAMES where you can exploit the combat system, man. So many!

Retard HUD tips... you can turn them off, so I wonder why you're complaining about that. Have you played the game yourself?

Blahblahbluhbleh... are you trying to sound like a genius here who figured out something infinitely complex?

Such a gamer thing, getting your panties in a bunch because someone gives advise that is obvious to you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 17, 2014, 14:48 Quinn

I'm loving Risen 3 so much! The graphics and animations look really good, combat is great once you get good in it (awesome to parry at the exact right moment after a streak of attacks so that your character ripostes with another hit), allot of places to explore and chests to lockpick, etc etc.

Risen 1 was great, Risen 2 was a shame, Risen 3 is great once again. I hear allot of people are complaining about combat being too hard. Some don't seem to understand that you don't need to keep holding the mousebutton in order to execute heavy strikes -- once your hand starts glowing and your animation turns into slowmotion, it's actually the que to to let the mousebutton go! Also, dodge or parry after an enemy dodges your attack because they're on you before your next swing lands.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Risen 3 Rises in EU
9. Re: Risen 3 Rises in EU Aug 16, 2014, 14:35 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 02:04:
Icewind wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 22:45:
Neilsouth wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 13:44:
If you're interesting in buying this game..

Crap combat and bad camera, such as stun lock/camera getting stuck behind objects and your character can also get stuck.

Gameplay wise, graphics and sound is pretty good.

It's a 7/10 game with shit combat but worthy of a buy, way better than Risen 2

How are you getting stunlocked? I don't get that. I've spent 25 hours in the game so far and the combat is so smooth, so satisfying and so easy that I WISH they would remake gothic 1-3 with this same system. It's that fluid and simple.

It's the first Piranha Bytes game where I haven't slammed my fist on the keyboard due to cheap deaths.

You must be playing a completely different game from everyone else then because this is the first really positive comment I've heard about the combat. Even the usual PB fanbois acknowledge that the combat is crap and unbalanced (at times too hard against trash mobs and way too easy against some of the XP heavyweights). The only term that fits is "easy" because it is indeed mind bogging stupid easy if you play it safe. Hit, roll, hit, roll, hit, roll, ... yawn... snore... what?... oh yes, I'm awake, why, no, really, I am... zzzzz...

I hate to break it to you, but evidently this combat system requires skill. I'm not getting stunlocked or anything. The combat is fluid and nice and if you time your heavy swings right, they take just as long to hit as normal hits. If an enemy gets through your defense and hits you, that's when you have to stop your assault immediately and start parrying or dodging and wait until it's the right time to swing again.

It's really easy. Too easy, even! But smooth and fun nonetheless.

I am freaking LOVING this game!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 21:18 Quinn

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 19:49:
It is so funny and ironic that every person in this thread defending the game admits to not playing it anymore. For an MMO that has only been out 3 months...that tells you everything you need to know.

I dunno. I find it hard arguing with that logic, indeed. All I can say -- or.. repeat -- is that I had a blast with the game (to a point where my wife was starting to make fun of my juvenile joy as I kept showing her my Khajiit every time he started to look nicer). For me, it were all the singleplayer games that came out. I simply had to choose, because apart from gaming there's also Work & Wife & Social Life. Once there's a singleplayer draught again, ESO will prolly be the first game I'll start up again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 14:55 Quinn

Didn't get to VR stuff, but I was playing 6 toons and had a blast, I let my sub expire as I just don't have time to play. Bummed. I really like the game.

Same here. Beth sent me a survey to let them know why I quit. So sad, there wasn't a proper choice that basically said "I freaking love ESO, I'm just so busy that continueing playing it has now become a backlog matter".

If you haven't played it, you shouldn't judge it. So to anyone here who's spewing shit about the game while you haven't even touched it yourself: The joke's on you. Also, this game is not a game for powerleveling. If that's your thing, I completely understand the game sucks for you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 14:40 Quinn

I am So. Fucking. Tired. of this franchise. So fucking tired...

Truly, I'll soon want to lock my head between my hands and scream "MAKE IT STOP!". Even the fucking title that pops up everywhere I look is beginning to cause some weird twitches in my facial features here and there. Fucking hell!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 14, 2014, 12:52 Quinn

Personally I loved HoMM6. Definitely more than HoMM5. HoMM7 will probably be a buy at the first day of release.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
5. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:22 Quinn

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:54:
Please don't pull a Ubisoft and the final game looks only half as good as this...

It almost truly looks too good to be true, doesn't it? It really does.

Luckily, we have more than just one E3 clip by now, with the game closer to release than a whole freaking year. I'm optimistic. A wellspring of optimism, even.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 14, 2014, 02:37 Quinn

1badmf wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 18:39:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 17:19:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 14:49:
Blue wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:51:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:47:
I agree with you that the optimism we are seein in this usual negative cesspit is a curious thing...

Clearly what we need is more wellsprings of positivity like yourself.

I agree. I wouldn't piss all over a publisher that releases some of his most popular games for free, for example (Sims 2). Neither would I piss all over a game I haven't even myself played (ESO). So, yeah, in relation to the bitter old souls here, I'm ok with you calling me a wellspring of positivity. Fuck yes!

Whoosh.

hahahaahahahah. of course there's the possibility he was fully aware and just choosing to make the best of it. NNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Wait, you mean Blue was being sarcastic!? Noooo not fair! He should've used the sarcasm tags T_T

Lol wtf do you think

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 14:49 Quinn

Blue wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:51:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:47:
I agree with you that the optimism we are seein in this usual negative cesspit is a curious thing...

Clearly what we need is more wellsprings of positivity like yourself.

I agree. I wouldn't piss all over a publisher that releases some of his most popular games for free, for example (Sims 2). Neither would I piss all over a game I haven't even myself played (ESO). So, yeah, in relation to the bitter old souls here, I'm ok with you calling me a wellspring of positivity. Fuck yes!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 13:47 Quinn

Although I am looking forward to this game, what I'm actually looking forward to is what I hope this game will actually deliver. I agree with you that the optimism we are seein in this usual negative cesspit is a curious thing, and I wonder what source is tapped to conjure such optimism as well.

Every video I've seen yet simply doesn't paint a clear picture of what we can expect. Some gameplay vids give a hint that this truly will be "mass effect with swords" as the phrase goes, which I'd probably love. But then there's also videos like the one up here, which paint me a picture of an overal bland experience (and this emo/shade companion! Wtf!? Give me the option to kill him right off the bat and I will, with looks like that).

Anyway, from what I've seen about DA:I, I can make myself feel optimistic. That the rest of this bunch of Blue people tend to be optimistic as well, surprises me as much as it does you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 13, 2014, 13:14 Quinn

"...release on PCs later this year." What? It says 2015. That plus the Shadow Council makes me kind of certain that this game will be released later next year.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1295 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo