Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1845 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
25. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 03:07 Quinn

Can anyone tell me what the hell Adrenaline is good for in combat, except for it being nothing more than a reserve for either health or energy with the proper ability unlocks? The tutorial tells me I can do special attacks by holding down the left MB but that doesn't work. I also disabled automatic finishers but he still seems to do it and I have no idea how I should do manual finishers :\  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
80. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 28, 2015, 05:23 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 28, 2015, 03:53:
Quinn wrote on May 27, 2015, 12:03:
I'm on a greek island right now and let me tell you not to go on holiday right before you're about to have sex with Triss. Blue balls, I tell you! I want to ask my wife to dye her hair red but I don't want to ruin our stay... xP

As for Redmask's reply to me: I know nobody expects me for my approval on their opinion, but we all bitch about something here so at least give me that freedom too. People bitch about the game, I bitch about them bitching about the game, you bitch about me bitching about them bitching about the game.

The circle is complete that way, and me and my ouzo get all happy about that *less-than sign + three*

Wot? When does this happen? I helped her escape Novigrad so assume you get to meet her later on?

Wait what?! I expected that scene would be inevitable in Novigrad! I'm not as far as you are yet! Damn, I really hope the game doesn't force Yennifer on you. I'm no fan of her and I really like Triss more. No idea why the Rose of Remembrance was withered when I found it, either...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

76. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 27, 2015, 12:03 Quinn

I'm on a greek island right now and let me tell you not to go on holiday right before you're about to have sex with Triss. Blue balls, I tell you! I want to ask my wife to dye her hair red but I don't want to ruin our stay... xP

As for Redmask's reply to me: I know nobody expects me for my approval on their opinion, but we all bitch about something here so at least give me that freedom too. People bitch about the game, I bitch about them bitching about the game, you bitch about me bitching about them bitching about the game.

The circle is complete that way, and me and my ouzo get all happy about that *less-than sign + three*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

54. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 18:19 Quinn

Alamar wrote on May 26, 2015, 17:00:
Quinn wrote on May 26, 2015, 13:42:
I agree. Nothing wrong with the crafting interface. If a recipe needs a particular reagent that you haven't crafted but can craft, the game takes that into account automatically and you're able to directly create the item that actually needs the other item/reagent created first. Nothing wrong with it. Some people here are getting old, is all.

Nothing? Really? So it's perfect?

Maybe I'm missing how I can compare the crafted item to my equipped item (verbosely; The info on the right missing important details).

And when I do craft a weapon/armor piece, which you can only do at a vendor, I have to leave the vendor (by choosing the stop option, instead of B/escape), just to equip the new item, and then talk to the vendor again to sell the previous piece...

And why keep showing that I have bombs/potions I already created, if there's no way (through crafting) to increase their max held, statistics, etc? Is it so that I can longingly remember how much of a pain it was for me to find that second Calcium Equum? : )

I cannot understand that so many people like yourself can complain about the stuff you complain about it the majority of your comment. I play games for comfort, too, but I really don't give a solid shit that I have to waste a tad more energy pressing ESC or another button here and there. My goodness. I get it that a game is never good enough, but complaints about fonts and miscellaneous shite like micromanagement in RPG's is stuff I cannot sympathize with -- if fonts are too small on your 60" TV, don't sit 5+ meters away and if you can't compare shit you're gonna craft with what you wear (which you can, btw), remember the old days where your hand wasn't held and how you use that nostalgia to complain about games that do, ffs.

Also, you'll find improved recipes for bombs and potions which let you stack more. With effort I can find a reason why that would make sense IRL, but the most important reason is that it adds to the RPG element of the game.

And no, the UI and inv/crafting system is not perfect.. But frankly I couldn't care less as long as it's not remotely as horrid as the original Skyrim's.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2015, 18:40.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 13:42 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:42:
HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:38:
A sortable list, with text and proper categorized tagging, context sensitive highlighting, and proper dependency links. An Inventory where you have to hover over everything to see what it is, is TOTAL SHIT. ^^

There isn't one that will satisfy all. There are plenty of people that like icon grids vs lists.

There are also plenty of people that think Skyrim has no inventory GUI problem. ^^ Which says more about them, than about Skyrim.

Ps.: But I guess the moral is, whether grid or texts, if designed for a console a GUI is always shit.

I dunno about Witcher 3, do you find tons of loot? If you have 5 pages of loot then yeah, grids are stupid

Only thing to go on here is the potion page I saw on a stream, which had oils at the top, tons of crap in the middle, bombs, concoctions and potions somewhere in that mess. With no way to see what is what unless you hover over everything carefully.

I suggest you complain about the UI after having played the game :p The interface you're talking about is the crafting interface. You rarely use it. It's not an inventory, it's just a list of recipes that you go through and instantly know if you can craft them or not. It's actually really easy to use and clear. It's true that there's a lot of crap in the middle that separates potions and bombs and stuff, but you can fold these sections. Like I said, you rarely use it and potions are auto-crafted after you craft them once, so you use the interface even less the more you play.

I agree. Nothing wrong with the crafting interface. If a recipe needs a particular reagent that you haven't crafted but can craft, the game takes that into account automatically and you're able to directly create the item that actually needs the other item/reagent created first. Nothing wrong with it. Some people here are getting old, is all.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 25, 2015, 17:39 Quinn

What a fucked up timing for Styx to go on this nice sale, with The Witcher 3 just released. I would've bought it for 10,- without second thought if I wasn't more than sated already. Styx is a stealth game like the old days -- where THIEF 2014 fails, Styx delivers: it's unscripted, unforgiving, and there's a freedom of movement like jumping and clinging to edges not restricting you from exploiting the environment that makes this stealth game fun and nostalgic in many ways.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
41. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 25, 2015, 15:04 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on May 25, 2015, 09:25:
InBlack wrote on May 25, 2015, 09:23:
What is scary? Or are you just being condescending? In that case thanks for implying Im retarded & fuck you too.

Im not talking about quests BTW, but the random bandits, monsters, wraiths, trolls, and other shit you encounter while galloping accross the countryside. More often than not many are sometimes 10-15 levels higher than you are, taking a quest at the same level as you doesn't in any way guarantee that the area you are traveling in is safe for your level. This is a good thing.

lol, I just meant that it's scary that you could get stuck

Fuck level scaling indeed, although my main gripe with the game now has to do with it. Imo, you level too quick. For a completionist like me its absolutely horrible when you're getting way higher in level than the main quest wants you to be ("head to novigrad") and also higher than most quest you're still encountering.

I know it's hard to find the right balance between players who are only interested in the story and the completionists, but by the time I'm done in Novigrad and the surroundings, I'll probably one-shot the entire Wild Hunt. Also, no quests lead me to what seems to be a smaller city to the east of the Hang-Man Tree (or something, the tree with corpses hanging from it in the middle of Velen), except for one.. Which was cancelled because I met the person I had to find there before going there because I was exceptionally completionistic with the questline regarding a man and his wife + daughter.

I feel like I've skipped quite some content for multiple reasons but in a nutshell: the game feels unfriendly for completionists.

I wonder if anyone here knows how I feel.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 23:46 Quinn

harlock wrote on May 23, 2015, 20:18:
this is why the "combat rebalance mod" exists for witcher 2... its pretty much how it was in that game too... hopefully another mod from that guy (who is a witcher dev) will fix some of it

my issue is the constant weird pulsing from the running animations.. that shit is bizarre as fuck and sorta irritating, hopefully that will get patched out soon

The pulsing that looks like the game is stuttering? I noticed it must have been a glitch in the animation, figured you could fix it by resetting the passive mode animations by swinging your sword a few times. I was right.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 17:00 Quinn

2 things you're simply not used to in this game regarding combat:

1. During dodging/rolling you're actually NOT invincible;
2. You cannot parry midway your own attack. In other words, parrying doesn't cancel your initiated attack.

Some people can't deal with that, because they're used to that easy and forgiving shit even the more "difficult" games (ie Lords of the Fallen) have.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
15. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 23, 2015, 14:57 Quinn

Kosumo wrote on May 23, 2015, 08:16:
You should skip wiping your arse and go straight to The Witcher.

I agree. I should have. Now I can't play for a week and I was *this* close to having sex with Triss. I think. To be honest I've no idea if I'll be able to.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
58. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 23, 2015, 03:41 Quinn

Rigs, that's the point where a cutscene starts. Either the game files are corrupted (tried repairing it through steam?) or, again, it's your HHD. Try moving it to your other 2tb HHD!

Also, try that bios update. Put the flash files on a usb stick. Reboot. Go into your bios. Reset it. Set your boot sequence to USB first, save and exit. Execute the main flash file in DOS.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
8. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 22, 2015, 18:30 Quinn

Horrible, uninspired shite. That this is coming from Blizzard and not some new indie developer sheepishly trying to make a name is simply unbelievable.

What a fucking piece of garbage. I honestly curse myself for wasting my time commenting in this topic while I could've wiped my arse and started up The Witcher 3 already!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

56. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 22, 2015, 16:34 Quinn

Fletch wrote on May 22, 2015, 11:17:
Does this patch make it a PC game?

What a troll comment, man. I know you're better than that. Maybe you've played the game but I hardly doubt it. If you have: Wtf? This game is very well optimized and it plays very well, except maybe for Geralt being less than perfectly responive in non-combat mode and Hairworks sucking even the stronger GPUs to death. If you haven't played it: Like I said, troll comment. So ignorant, ignorannnt! "Allegedly the game suffers from consolitis! Allegedly! Allegedlyyyy! And I repeat the ignorant foolllzzz"

This is a PC game, mate. It is. Shame on you for that uncharacteristically dumb comment.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

46. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 22, 2015, 03:17 Quinn

Rigs wrote on May 22, 2015, 00:11:
I'm kinda loving it...well, what I can play of it. Like GTA5 before it, I'm getting a crash within 10 minutes of starting. In Witcher3, it's always the same thing, though the end result can vary. The crash log says 'EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477)' every time and I'm not the only one with this problem either. Sometimes it just drops me back to the desktop, sometimes it locks and requires me to alt-tab or kill the process from Task Manager and then there are the times when it locks my system up hard, requiring a reboot and the first one was a BSOD. So you tell me. I'm totally frakkin' stumped...hopefully this patch helps because I'm out of ideas... Pouting

=-Rigs-=

Hey Rigs, here's my standard troubleshoot I do when games do crazy shit (one of those or all at once might work) :

1. Overclock the GPU a bit less;
2. Try it with Vsync on/off;
3. Kill the virus scanner;
4. Downgrade/upgrade GPU driver;
5. Reboot PC for a change instead of Sleepmode all the time;
6. Turn adaptive power usage off for GPU;
7. Install sentinel and check if your HHD/SSD isn't damaged.

Edit: What I wanted to add but my wife was complaining that breakfast was ready --> to me, your errors scream bad sectors on your HHD or a damaged SSD. So really take sentinel under consideration and act accordingly when the results are less than perfect.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2015, 03:37.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

34. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 18:31 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2015, 17:49:
The sharpness seems like more of a personal preference thing. Some people like the stark and gritty look as opposed to the smoother and slightly blurry. It just makes low quality assets pop-out more (in a bad way) to me. Particularly the foliage, of which there is a lot in this game...

I agree. I immediately turned it back down to where I had it after I saw the new maxed Sharpness setting. To me, it looked like a bad amateur screw up in the .ini file so bad. The leaves on distant trees do NOT have to stand out so much, really.

I noticed a big improvement in Hairworks with this patch, but only at the normal camera distance. Once the camera zooms in on Geralt (ie when he's inside a house) framerate drops like mad.

Another complaint: Geralts hair sometimes looks blonde.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
89. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 21, 2015, 07:59 Quinn

Krovven wrote on May 21, 2015, 07:11:
C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\rendering.ini

HairWorksAALevel=4

Change it from 8 to 4.

Hmm, my immediate test seemed to show about 5fps boost, but doing some additional tests and changing other settings...it doesn't seem to be working. I even tried moving the file out to get a new one, loaded the game, file wasn't made and the game still loaded.

I tried that AA change, too! The fps drop is still significant, though, and sadly it's constant because Geralt is ALWAYS in the camera of course -- which begs the question: Why isn't there the option to turn on Hairworks on everyone EXCEPT Geralt? I'm ok with the totally playable fps drop when it happens during dialogue or cutscenes and I can drool while looking at long hair drooping over sexy shoulders.. I just don't want to suffer the fps hit the entire fucking time -_-

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

87. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 21, 2015, 01:41 Quinn

Krovven wrote on May 20, 2015, 16:21:
Without HairWorks

With HairWorks

With HairWorks I take a 5 to 20fps hit depending on what's going on. Playing normally with the camera at normal distance behind him, it's a 5 to 10fps hit that is barely noticeable (but so is hair quality at this distance). Placing the camera as I did in the screenshots, there was a 20fps hit.

Average though is 45 with HairWorks and 55 with HairWorks off. *Using the Steam fps counter.

As it hasn't been an issue for me thus far and will likely leave it on so hair looks better in conversation cutscenes. As the fps hit there isn't an issue.

Thanks for this, Krovven! Personally I definitely notice any fps drop below 55 so for me, Hairworks' performance hit is unacceptable. I won't use it. I really hope it's software related and drivers/patches can improve its performance.

PS: If anyone could answer my last comment with the hidden tiny spoiler text, it would take a worry off my mind. Or not. XP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

76. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 15:31 Quinn

Ok I gotta ask anyone who met Keira Metz yet... slight spoiler:

Is she talking about mages having to go in hiding because they're hunted too, even though you saved Triss in The Witcher 2's ending?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

74. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 14:40 Quinn

Game ruining moment. Without any idea to check what your imported save did.. now I met someone who's talking about the massacre of mages. The thing is, in my save I saved Triss which actually PREVENTS said massacre and the conclave of mages is formed. So, what the motherfuck!? Wish I had chosen the simulation, ffs. 13 hours down the fuck.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

73. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 13:09 Quinn

13 hours in. First hard lock-up / freeze in the inventory. Blegh.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1845 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo