Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1365 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
59. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 25, 2014, 09:31 Quinn

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 21:10:

Quinn wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 13:30:
Off-topic since blue didn't react on the earlier e-mail..

Blue: Why do I almost always have to look on other websites for news about Lords of the Fallen? There was another gameplay vid released a few days back.

http://youtu.be/ZievCe5Zv-M

xD

I like what I see except the level design is lacking something special which is very important to me. The game looks fun but if the levels are all so similar I doubt I will finish the game. Still on the fence but almost ready to jump off in favor of purchasing. My main concern is all the great games coming out between now and the Witcher 3.

You've got Shadows of Mordor, Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age Inquisition, Bloodborne, and the Witcher 3... all demanding my attention to some degree or another in the next six month. Yet I still need to finish Dark Souls 2 and the DLC, a complete run thru of Wasteland 2 though playing it hardcore is a blast, DoS, plus several Kickstarter betas and releases due soon. I'm not complaining. I love games. Just going to be hard to fit them all into my real life schedule.

Apart from Bloodborne, which is console only, all the games you mentioned will be definite buys for me. Shadow of Mordor because... well, it's AC's traversal system and Batman's Arkham combat system IN MIDDLE-EARTH and Lords of the Fallen because it seems to be THE spiritual successor to Severance - Blade of Darkness Devilish

5 more days for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. I hope it won't disappoint or be a fuckjob port.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 07:22 Quinn

Whiskers wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 06:57:
... Definitely not going to pick it up on release, but might be fun to pick up when it's 50% - 75% off.

That actually ever happens with the COD franchise?!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 06:11 Quinn

CoD: Ghost was freaking horrid. Graphics especially because it never seemed to remember my texture setup to high or ultra and resetted itself back to normal (FUGLY As FUCK!) all the time. We had the new Battlefield come out around the same time, which had graphics so freaking gorgeous I had to buy a new and waterproof keyboard.

Not looking forward to this.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
9. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 25, 2014, 02:17 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 01:50:
Quinn wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 01:09:
Useless for me. Got Spotify Premium.

Steam Music also extracts soundtracks from games you have installed. For example, I currently have Dragon Age Origins Ultimate installed and under the Music tab it's showing me a playlist of all 18 DAO tracks from composer Inon Zur.

I'm pretty sure that Spotify Premium does not have that functionality.

Hehe, you're right about that! Though I don't have the patience to listen to soundtracks of games I'm not playing at that moment, that sure is a nice feature for those who do enjoy it.

But since Spotify doesn't put any music files on your PC, Steam can't grab anything from anywhere. So apart from the soundtracks feature, the rest is of no use to Spotify Premium users. I don't really care, though, because I almost only play SP games which don't need their immersion killed by my playlists. And if I do want to hear my music, ie when I'm playing Challange Mode in Batman Arkham Origins or the upcoming Middle-earth, I'll just play Spotify in the background...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
6. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 25, 2014, 01:09 Quinn

Useless for me. Got Spotify Premium.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
30. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 13:30 Quinn

Off-topic since blue didn't react on the earlier e-mail..

Blue: Why do I almost always have to look on other websites for news about Lords of the Fallen? There was another gameplay vid released a few days back.

http://youtu.be/ZievCe5Zv-M

xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
36. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 24, 2014, 13:27 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 19:00:
Quinn wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 06:34:
Just do it, before they run out of stock! :-O
Digital games run out of stock?

Hmm, they don't do they? But why, then, would one pre-order? Confused

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 23, 2014, 06:34 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 21:52:
Okay, that's *almost* enough to make me want to pre-order it.

Just do it, before they run out of stock! :-O

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 12:08 Quinn

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 11:11:
I've not tried it myself ...

We know. You don't seem to play games at all. :-)

As for this First Person thing... they have to do it right. Most devs only put lukewarm effort into this and the FOV of the 1st Person Mode will be so narrow the screen damn near implodes.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
41. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 20, 2014, 20:51 Quinn

Can't get a proper impression of the game. While I love Divinity, what it lacks for me is immersion -- the pull into the game and story. I'm still sitting at my desk. Somehow it seems only the big guys manage to add that thing that creates immersion -- the slick cutscenes; the mystery and plot-twists.

Still haven't seen it in a kickstarter. Does this game have it..? Can't tell by the footage I've been seeing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans
15. Re: Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans Sep 19, 2014, 05:21 Quinn

shihonage wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 23:18:
This game is gonna be crap. Therefore, DLC will also be crap. Case closed.

More hope for this one than The Evil Within. There can be so many enthousiastic previews, if the gameplay vids I'm seeing are crap... that's all I need to know.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans
9. Re: Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans Sep 18, 2014, 04:47 Quinn

bigspender wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 00:16:
As good as this looks, going by the history of Alien(s) games, you'd be wise to wait for reviews.

True. Same goes for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and the bad rep LOTR games have. Still, like Middle-earth, the gameplay footage I've seen looks very promising so I'm being optimistic. Never optimistic enough to pre-order, though. There's never a good reason to pre-order a game anyway. It's not like they could get out of stock. People who pre-order should really look in the mirror and ask themselves -- out loud! -- "...why?".

As for DLC / Season Passes... it's not necessarily a bad thing imo. As long as the budget for DLC is SEPERATE from the base game's budget and the base game's budget isn't negatively influenced by it in any way... well, the more content the better. The question is if this is the case. This I don't know :\

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2014, 04:54.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
3. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2014, 10:09 Quinn

There's allot of previews praising this game. The problem is... every footage I've seen from this game looks like fucking shite. No fucking way I'm going to preorder a game like this.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy
16. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 03:05 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 02:22:
Asmo wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 23:19:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 22:39:
I found the one quests where you murder turtles for medicinal value to be offensive. Even a Korean game should not do that in Korea considering the senseless slaughter of animals around the world that causes so many animal populations to disappear when a sugar pill would probably be just as effective.

Seriously?

It's a fricking game... You're killing pixels, nothing more, nothing less. Much like playing Hitman, murdering a bunch of people has no actual implications for RL...

Jeebus, I really hope you didn't play AC:Black Flag or Far Cry 3. The amount of rare/endangered species you slaughtered in those games to make wallets and holsters etc were epic...

The difference is that turtles are endangered, humans aren't. Every animal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but humans do not. They move to an area and they multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way they can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. They're a plague and you are the cure.

One would be a fool to disagree with this. Watch the new Cosmos documentary, (one of) the last episodes clearly portray how we are destroying the planet. We just don't give a solid fuck because we won't suffer the consequences of our actions in our lifetime, yet we benefit from profits made. It's disgusting, really. What's even worse is that it's kind of a taboo to complain about it. This because we're all cowed into believing it's not that bad or big a deal.

Again, go watch Cosmos or read up on climate change etc.

As for ArcheAge.... couldn't care less about this MMO xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
28. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 18:12 Quinn

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 11:58:
vacs wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 07:32:
No question, this is going to be an immensely fun game, can't wait for it, but... has this anything in common story- or character-wise with FarCry (1)?

They are just using the name to get attraction as it seems.

No, it has nothing to do with Far Cry 1. Once FC2 was in development, they said they felt that the "Far" Cry referred to the setting, rather than the story/protagonists.

So whenever they make an open world game (I know the first FC wasn't really open world) in an exotic setting, they basically feel it deserves the name Far Cry.

I don't really care what they call it, it looks effing awesome.

If this guy hadn't blacklisted me, he wouldn't keep repeating the same stuff I basically said earlier. Fyi. It looks really dumb sometimes.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 09:53 Quinn

I was enjoying D:OS, but in the middle of the story another new game got my attention (Risen 3). I never really felt like getting back into D:OS after I finished Risen 3. :\ Risen 3, however, was fucking awesome and I continue to flirt with the idea of replaying it and joining another faction.

In retrospect, I think D:OS' blessing was the good (RPG) games draught this summer was suffering. It eventually really isn't that good...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 09:00 Quinn

vacs wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 07:32:
No question, this is going to be an immensely fun game, can't wait for it, but... has this anything in common story- or character-wise with FarCry (1)?

They are just using the name to get attraction as it seems.

Hmm, not just for attraction. They basically use the exact same formula for all games (moreso since Farcry 2 really). None have something in common with eachother apart from the formula. I also noticed that 2 characters who play a similar role in Farcry 2 and 3 share the same voice-actor. I'm willing to bet the same voice-actor comes back in Farcry 4 for a similar character -- a character that brings the protagonist order in his freeroaming chaos, gives him main quests and is, like the protagonist, a foreigner to the land.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 08:53 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 06:23:
Loopy wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 20:59:
According to the blurb above, there probably won't be any reward for poachin' elephants.

The elephants even worked their way into the development team’s heart. “We don’t want to reward killing elephants,” Creative Director Alex Hutchinson points out. “Elephants are the only animal in the game you don’t get anything for killing.”

Hrm, it does say that directly above the video, my bad.

That's good, although I still suspect if you ride them around blowing up enemy bases with them, they will eventually succumb to enemy damage.

It doesn't say they're unkillable, just that you're not being rewarded for their deaths.

I've got double feelings about this. I know of the illegal horrors that are being committed for their tusks in real life, and it indeed would be unethical to be able to kill them for their tusks or whatever ingame. However, same goes for tigers and basically any other wildlife like that. We can go even further, and say being rewarded for killing humans ingame is unethical. We don't want that kind of shit to bleed into our games, of course.

But then, maybe it's not an ethical reason why they don't reward you for killing elephants. What reason it is then, I don't know..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Sep 16, 2014, 08:19 Quinn

J wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 07:07:
Yes, I played Missing Link. The only changes I'm aware of would be the incorporation of that into the game (some suspension of disbelief may be required), the additional options to the boss fights, and the commentary. That's what made it hard to justify splashing out for it.

Hmm I owned the original HR + ML which lowered the DC price for me already, and during... was it X-mas sale? I bought the DC for 1,50 euros. That was certainly worth the incorporation of the DLC, improved boss fights adn commentary. Won't this deal work in a similar fashion? For 5 euros, I'd say put that money into helping to convince yourself to buy one of the awesome upcoming games. ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Sep 16, 2014, 07:04 Quinn

J wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 06:38:
Quinn wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 06:36:
J wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 05:01:
Thanks, Quinn. It's the hands-on feedback I need. I was going by the top reviews on the steam page and a link from there to an eidos thread.

I've played the original HR through a few times. My idea was another playthrough with DC for curiosity's sake. Like a final blowout, grand finale, blaze of glory thing. So that's why it's important for me to be sure that it'll be an upgrade and not a downgrade.

I surely didn't experience it as one! What I really enjoyed was the developers commentary. It gives you a really interesting perspective on why they decided to do certain things, what they left out and why, what they really wanted to do but why they couldn't, etc.

What did you make of the boss fights?

They are certainly better, though still not the reason you play Deus Ex For example, the first bossfight gives you way more ways to approach the battle. There's a whole second level above where the boss roams where you can crawl through vents, enable turrets etc. The boss' AI hasn't changed, though. The battle is a bit more interesting, but still crap in a nutshell. These are the flavours of the improvements you should expect in the bossfights.

Have you played Missing Link yet? That's reason enough to grab it if you haven't.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1365 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo