Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1587 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
44. removed Feb 16, 2015, 06:31 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 16, 2015, 12:25.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 13:29 Quinn

nin wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 13:22:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 13:17:
Sad to see evolve at the top, all the videos I have watched of the game it looks very boring. Is anyone here playing it, have any input?

H1N1 has been selling more copies than evolve the past few days, which made me giggle. Right now, 6 other games are selling better. Hopefully those that bought into it now realize what a bad decision it was.

Bought the game out of boredom. At a birthday party now. I can tell you this: I haven't had this urge to go home and join my friend ingame for years. The game is a solid experience and great fun!

I am fully aware of what a hypocrite I am, however. A few days ago I was raging about how we all should boycot this game. What can I say... boredom makes me sell pieces of my soul every once in a while.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
29. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 14, 2015, 06:11 Quinn

I was in love with Just Cause 2. I never show any interest in demolition stuff in games -- I never use mines or bombs of any kind -- but somehow, in Just Cause 2, planting explosives and detonating them all at once, going from peace to total chaos in a second, was very addictive. I just couldn't stop blowing shit up!

Sadly I ruined it for myself by completing the main quest too soon. After that, I lose the will to continue playing. Just like that. Same goes for every Elder Scrolls game, too.

Edit: I only just now watched the trailer. WINGSUIT! FUCK YEAH

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
16. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 12, 2015, 21:42 Quinn

Let this be NWN 2015! Let this be NWN 2015!

Excited! I cannot get enough of Faerun / Forgotten Realms. It's the best most authentic fantasy setting I can think of. /love

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 03:38 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 00:42:
Quinn wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 19:51:
I love WaB's reviews. I watch them all even for games I'm not interested in.

I bought Darkest Dungeon but I'm disappointed due to one single and to me game breaking experience: the numbers in battle are too fucking random. Example: On the "Kill 1 Necromancer" mission, I got to dungeon stage EIGHT at the first try with a steady going crawl. I had to retreat to town before the end because my team was getting depressed and dead. So.. Next try. I didn't get past stage ONE!! Why? Because the first group of enemies critted my front 2 guys twice in a row and they were near death before the battle started. My guys didnt crit, so how I got out of that fight with no losses was nothing other than a completely random miracle.
So, first try.. Stage 8. Second try.. Stage 1. Barely.
This has nothing to do with skill. This is irrationally unforgiving, random numbers bullshit.

I thought that was a feature of rogue-likes...

*scoffs* So that's what "rogue-like" means? Why the fuck dignify unbalanced games with random-number-generators -- 2 things that just sound like "lazy!" to me -- with a fucking genre?

Next time a critic critisizes a game for being unbalanced, devs should just tell them that's because of the "rogue-like" flair they added to the game. "Ahhh!" the critic would reply. "Good show! :D"

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 11, 2015, 19:51 Quinn

I love WaB's reviews. I watch them all even for games I'm not interested in.

I bought Darkest Dungeon but I'm disappointed due to one single and to me game breaking experience: the numbers in battle are too fucking random. Example: On the "Kill 1 Necromancer" mission, I got to dungeon stage EIGHT at the first try with a steady going crawl. I had to retreat to town before the end because my team was getting depressed and dead. So.. Next try. I didn't get past stage ONE!! Why? Because the first group of enemies critted my front 2 guys twice in a row and they were near death before the battle started. My guys didnt crit, so how I got out of that fight with no losses was nothing other than a completely random miracle.
So, first try.. Stage 8. Second try.. Stage 1. Barely.
This has nothing to do with skill. This is irrationally unforgiving, random numbers bullshit.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

PC Gaming > Lords of the Fallen
5. Re: Lords of the Fallen Feb 11, 2015, 09:45 Quinn

Bad Sector wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 13:09:
From the videos it looks a bit like Blade of Darkness, indeed. Although it seems that on Steam got average/mixed ratings, half of them because the game seems to be riddled with bugs and half of them because they expected something like Dark Souls... i suppose this is what you get when you compare your game to other more popular games. And don't do enough testing.

The game had some major, big patches. Solid like a rock now, on my rig! Haven't done the research on whether it's fixed for "everyone" now or not.

This game is Blade of Darkness meets Dark Souls. I loved the experience, but I think the game was too short.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
45. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 06:44 Quinn

ViRGE wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 03:56:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 00:31:
A majority of those bitchy user reviews caught up on DLC aren't even people that own the game and claim they never will, for some reason it's allowing anyone who played Beta/Alpha to place a review without even owning the actual product, it's pretty pathetic and needs to be fixed. It was Mostly Positive before Reddit nerds flooded it with negative DLC reviews, and for what, skins?

They need to fix it so only owners of the final product have reviews showing up, be it negative or not.
Well that explains why there are so many people with so many hours so soon. That's a massive oversight on Valve's part. Only owners of the final game should be posting reviews for it.

In all other cases I'd agree that this isn't fair. In this case, though, I strongly feel "serves them right!". Those motherfuckers -- yes, I'm angry about it -- release an expensive game with not enough content -- this is an opinion shared by many if not most reviewers! -- and fine their customers heavily (15 euros for 1 extra monster? go fuck yourself, filthy pigs!) for future content? Boycott the hell out of that shit. Hard.

So, yeah, let those alpha/beta testers write their negative reviews. By all means.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 10, 2015, 18:09 Quinn

Darkest Dungeon looks like great fun. Came upon it almost by accident by simply checking Worth A Buy 's latest videos.

Price seems a bit steep though...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 9, 2015, 18:36 Quinn

I absolutely hate that stunt they pulled. But if it was a map, you'd have entire game sessions that would be exclusive to pre-order players. That would suck even more. At least now the hunters can still hunt the pre-order monster player. So it's not like battlefield with jetpacks, but more like battlefield with an exclusive type of tank.

Don't get me wrong, it's the reason for me not to buy it day one as well. Just know that exclusive maps would have been worse, or exclusive human soldiers. I'd be jealous as fuck if I had been in a team with some awesome cyberninja. At least now all I do is kill that exclusive monster.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 9, 2015, 13:10 Quinn

Evolve is getting sweet reviews there. The beta ran smooth as butter on my GTX680 i5 3.5ghz so to me it seems well optimized. Couldn't get past the tutorial, though, because it seems my beta only lasted 1 evening -_-  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2015, 05:17 Quinn

Axis wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 00:14:
Redmask wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 23:18:
Called it.

Dundundun

Another one bites the dust.

All I see you "calling" is names like a two year old as usual. Calling me a liar, like somehow I was the one who wrote the article that hurt your feelings.

How the fuck can you agree with a review about a game you haven't played?!

I think DA:I was a fantastic game with a great atmosphere. Most side-quests were bad and the main story was too short compared with the filler content. I had no issues with combat. But I'm the type of player that doesn't want combat to be challenging the entire time.

Sure, the first reviewers were waterdrunk after the long drought we experienced on good RPGs.. But this reviewer just sounds like a spoiled kid who never thinks anything was good after he got sated.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

39. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2015, 05:00 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 04:51:
Quinn wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 04:25:
When Dying Light slows down when a zombie grabs you, it's because a whole new and way more detailed zombie face has to be rendered. I don't know if that's poor optimization or a logical side-effect but they could "fix" it easily by allowing the player to disable the detailed zombie facce. I'd be ok with the zombie looking the way it does when it's not grabbing you.

The game still runs weird and crappy on my i5 3,5ghz GTX680. I don't get it. Can anyone tell me how I can tell if the bottleneck is the GPU or the CPU? I'll try the CPU affinity tweak later. If it's my CPU I guess the tweak should make a diff.

Pretty sure it's the CPU. You should overclock it and see if that helps. My i5 is clocked at 4.4 GHz and the game runs pretty decently (50-60 FPS average). You should definitely stay away from Very High shadow quality, as that killed performance on my 670. High seems to run fine.

Hadn't played the whole weekend and yesterday it installed a patch. It did miracles for my performance!! I also did the core affinity tweak for the hell of it and now the game runs like a charm with everything on High except Shadows and View Distance at like 25% or something.

Game is brought to its knees when I catch the bile from those fucking annoying spitters and my screen goes green and blurry. -_-

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 2, 2015, 04:25 Quinn

When Dying Light slows down when a zombie grabs you, it's because a whole new and way more detailed zombie face has to be rendered. I don't know if that's poor optimization or a logical side-effect but they could "fix" it easily by allowing the player to disable the detailed zombie facce. I'd be ok with the zombie looking the way it does when it's not grabbing you.

The game still runs weird and crappy on my i5 3,5ghz GTX680. I don't get it. Can anyone tell me how I can tell if the bottleneck is the GPU or the CPU? I'll try the CPU affinity tweak later. If it's my CPU I guess the tweak should make a diff.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
3. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 29, 2015, 19:29 Quinn

Those prices. See what they did there xD

I want this game. We're all hypocrites and liars and sinners one way or another. I can flirt with the idea of getting antagonized by the antagonist

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
38. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 19:30 Quinn

Kinguin is the absolute shit! Bought tens of games there since I found out they sell for the lowest price. 25+ games and not a single problem with these guys.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
38. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 28, 2015, 13:29 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 12:27:
Quinn wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 11:42:
GTX 680

Turned view distance to 50%. Shadows to low. Performance is still off. Sporadic changes in framerate. To me, this is a telltale sign of obvious performance issues not per se related to hardware.

Weird, I have a 670 with shadows set to medium and view distance set to 40% and I get a pretty constant 60 FPS (except for a weird drop when zombies are grappling me). For me, shadow resolution and view distance were easily the biggest drains on performance. I also have a i5 3570K OC'ed to 4.4 GHz and from what I hear, CPU speed has a large impact on performance.

Same i5, but not OC'ed. I'll tinker around with that come weekend!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

36. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 28, 2015, 11:42 Quinn

GTX 680

Turned view distance to 50%. Shadows to low. Performance is still off. Sporadic changes in framerate. To me, this is a telltale sign of obvious performance issues not per se related to hardware.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 16:48 Quinn

Dacron wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 16:27:
i7 3700, 16gb ram, 660ti

Everything maxed, shadows in low, runs great.

Shadows high / medium? The lag/chop everyone talks about. Lower shadows it plays great, no big loss on appearance.

Thanks for the advice! Will try it immediately on my GTX 680.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 15:42 Quinn

harlock wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 15:29:
im not noticing any of these issues.. on a 970

I'm not noticing the poverty in the world either, making $220.000,- a year. >_>

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1587 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo