Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 933 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 17:52 Quinn

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 15:37:
Quinn wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 14:39:
Prez, does that game still only support controllers? I'm intrigued by your enthousiasm.

I play it with mouse and keyboard and it works great. The only thing is that as of right now there is no official key rebinding (not sure about mods or config tweaks) but future updates will include that. I think it's supposed to be in next week's update. Anyway, don't get me wrong - I'm not guaranteeing that everyone will love it like I do. I am just giving my personal impression of it; your mileage may vary.

I have a T-shirt at home with you on it and... well, I kinda stole the whole Chuck Norris thing, but it says: "Prez doesn't have an opinion. He has facts." So stop kidding me, buddy! I'm off buying the game the moment I have time to play it!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 14:39 Quinn

Prez, does that game still only support controllers? I'm intrigued by your enthousiasm.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
78. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 23, 2013, 15:54 Quinn

Fletch wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 14:01:
You can't blame him for the dreck id has squeezed out since D3, gameplay-wise. He's not a game designer.

It wasn't the "game design", if you will, that made RAGE the clusterfuck that it is. It was that horrible engine. With good looking graphics, no performance issues and better physics, I could've probably enjoyed the game a little.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
59. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 23, 2013, 09:46 Quinn

I believe he's getting too much credit for his achievements last century. Those credits have been paid and earned back in the day and we can still respect him for it today, but if you ask me.. after said achievements he didn't bring anything worthy to the market at all. Instead, his last work is the clusterfuck of this century so far. I think that kinda breaks even. Today, John Carmack is indeed overhyped -- it's not like mr. one hit wonder was the living chainreaction of inspired innovations and achievements.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
51. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 22, 2013, 22:07 Quinn

MajorD, thanks for the info! I'll do what you suggested and try to join the fray! If that doesn't help and I'm on my own I'll definitely email you! This won't happen untill somewhere next week -- responsibilities at work make the wallet smile but the person depressed  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
47. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 21:55 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 17:55:
Wesp5 wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 17:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 17:08:
In related news John Carmack finally left id software.

Maybe that's for the best. Although I admire his 3D engine programing, at least up to the megatextures of RAGE, I think he always held id back gameplay wise, because he didn't really care much about the games other than from a technical view point...

Well, I mean, he was the technical director, not a game designer. He had nothing to do with game development. He made the tools, other people used them to make games.

And he obviously fucked up. Good thing he "left" id.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

39. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 11:45 Quinn

Wesp5 wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 07:28:
Just a quick question for everyone complaining about the graphics. What system did you run it on? On a quadcore with a decent NVIDIA card RAGE is among the most beautiful games ever, but try it with an dualcore and an ATI card and you get textures issues all over...

And where in the end-credits is your name shown, mate?

You're talking shite, truly. The rig I played it on was high-end. Check the link ItBurn mentioned below my comment, and laugh so goddamn hard at your own ridiculous opinion.

"among the most beautiful games ever". Please, stop making a fool of yourself. I'm actually feeling sorry for you.

Edit/Add: Sorry for the offensive demeanor but... people who say RAGE is among the most beautiful games ever deserve to be ridiculed. Among those who think Man of Steel is a good movie, of course.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

27. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 06:22 Quinn

I agree with theyarecomingforyou completely. The game was a clusterfuck, graphics sucked even when they worked the way they should, gameplay was nothing new, enemies didn't even have physics attached to their corpses, the game would've been bad even in 2007.

The people who actually SOMEHOW think this game is awesome are in this delusional state where they think being in the minority actually makes your opinion superior to others. If that's not the case, which is ofc possible, remind me to never ever ever ever ever ever EVER get biased by their game opinions xD

Truly, you could almost call it a scientific fact the game was crap incarnate.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 01:17 Quinn

I'll only touch that game ever again if I get paid for it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 21, 2013, 18:24 Quinn

Fuck me that naval gameplay is just so good.

They should've just made a new frenchise, a pirate frenchise, and get rid of that AC shit. My monitor got consumed by the tidal wave of acid spewing from my mouth when the graphics got all futuristic on me and I was back in this immersion raping future corporate bullshit world.

Seriously, would the franchise have been ANY LESS SUCCESFUL if they ditched the animus nonsense from the get-go? It adds absolutely nothing, fucking nada.

Just give me a game where I'm a goddamned pirate, exploring the sea. Hell, you can even throw in some zombies. Just not that fucking animus crap...

Going to bed. Nn.

Edit/Add: Truly, it is like the devs sat around the table thinking "how can we break the immersion deliberately and make it contextual?". The guy who lifted his hand sheepishly, suggesting a futuristic DNA-memory-reading machine...! *mumbles incoherently as he turns off his night light and tries to sleep*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

49. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 21, 2013, 18:16 Quinn

Just bought Arma II: the complete package for 8 dollars. I know I'm very late at the party I should've asked this before buying the sale but.. Are people still playing that DayZ mod? I'm dying to give it a shot!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 20, 2013, 14:37 Quinn

No idea why I have to keep reminding myself that I'm beyond done with the frenchise and its boring as fuck-arse gameplay. True, the naval stuff is absolutely fantastic but the melee combat... The forever immersion-breaking white logos sprinkled all over your compass and display... Even the same freaking sounds I've heard since silly Altair took up the blade.. They make the acid in my stumach sputter.

The last 2 hours I've been playing I just rushed from main objective A to B to C ignoring all the meaningless side-objectives and other "POI's" because they are, indeed, meaningless. I never play with this little soul.

But those naval missions are glorious I'm sure.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
25. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 01:30 Quinn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 20:43:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 17:18:

Do you use sleep mode at all?

Not at all. That's for laptops solely.

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 17:18:
Also what Creston says, I use those settings to.

I'll give that a shot.

Thanks guys.

Sleep Mode is the mode that truly turns your PC off (hybernate?), right? I use it allll the time. My PC starts up in literally 2 seconds this way. Freaking love it. Maybe it only works if you have an SSD I dunno.

Change the adaptive status? I think I've tried that too. My problem is that if I don't slightly underclock my gtx680, at some point during a game the screen locks up, goes black and then goes back to windows saying the video driver crashed. Bah!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
70. Re: Roberts: Nov 19, 2013, 09:26 Quinn

BitWraith wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 08:36:
27 million is a colossal amount of money. The guy almost can't help but pocket a large amount of that - and that's fine. The crowd-funding was a massive success, he deserves to reap the rewards. It's sort of like me getting funded a million bucks to design a flyer - I'd have to find things to spend money on to eat up all that cash.

While the 4K screens really aren't such a big deal -- I just nibbed at it for argument's sake -- you really can't be serious, right? He has ambitious plans for the game. Great plans need a great amount of money. If he has such an overflowed budget, tell me why people can still fund/donate to the development of the game! That 4K screen was the donation money many people paid to support the development of a second life celestial world of awesomeness.

But no matter. I can see this mosquito turn into an elephant already.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
68. Re: Roberts: Nov 19, 2013, 07:18 Quinn

Something inside me isn't sure how it feels about the fact the guy's buying 4K screens with crowdfunded money. How much do these screens cost? I think they actually cost 4k as well. One could argue the necessity of such products, especially when it's not being provided by a producer and its budget. "The guy reeled in 27 million bucks. What's 4k?" is a non sequitur if I've ever heard one.

Maybe I'm in a bitter mood, though I don't feel like I am. Blegh. Just show us some awesome gameplay footage to back up that "PC GAME!"-aggrandizing glory speech.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

45. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 22:11 Quinn

zombiefan wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 21:48:
His first mistake was sticking with the Arma engine. His second was taking this long to show us just how broken his shit is.

...and HELL NO zombie games aren't over!

Just bought The Walking Dead Season 2 for 14 dollars. Hope this "somewhere in november" release date will be tomorrow.

No idea what to expect, playing as a little girl. At first I was excited, but then I thought of the logical limitations it brings in many ways, as she'll always be in a victim position. Oh well, we'll see!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
116. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 17, 2013, 08:15 Quinn

Downloading this game as of this moment. Couldn't take all the different opinions In the end the video footage looks like the stuff of a very entertaining and very good looking game is space. Good enough for me.

Hope I haven't burned my money.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Footage
30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Footage Nov 17, 2013, 04:25 Quinn

I'll be honest. I can't wait for this game after this footage. In effect, it makes me wanna replay DA 1 and 2 respectively to prepare myself story- and especially lorewise.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 03:51 Quinn

DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 20:52:
Even though this isn't multiplayer focused like DayZ this is what it should look like if it expects to get any attention.

Go check out this early alpha footage of "the forest"

https://teksyndicate.com/news/2013/11/11/forest-extreme-survival-sim

Where the hell did this beauty come from!? Awesome trailer, beautiful looking game! At the end there's some crazy cave mutant thing with titties! I'm sold.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blood Knights
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blood Knights Nov 16, 2013, 12:23 Quinn

Kinda off-topic, just started Demonicon. It's remarkably good, actually. Many choice/consequence stuff. It's not at all buggy but it does feel "cheap" in terms of gameplay and graphics, but the leveling system is very good and allot of effort and time is put in the "persuasion" skills. I've had about 6 to 8 "fast talk" and "ancient lore" opportunities during conversations that actually make a difference, which I managed to choose because I always put skillpoints in such attributes.

The game is like the classic RPG's. A mix of Gothic and The Witcher, with a rather meager budget but proper developer passion. Worth a try, people!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

933 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo