Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1657 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 7, 2015, 03:39 Quinn

Osc8r wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 19:23:
I guess some people like boring MMO's with terrible combat - they must play for the lore or something.

Just goes to show there's fanboys for every game!

I'm no lore fan. In fact, I can't even call myself a fanboy because in some way, I find TES' fantasy setting relatively boring compared to, for example, Forgotten Realms. I don't read the books littered all over the place in game either. The quests are awesome, though, and I don't skip through any of the dialogues ever.

As for the combat, I don't think it's boring at all! Once you get weapon-switch (which also switches your action bar to match with the weapon-switch), you can perform some really complicated stuff that could just turn the tide of battle. I particularly love the combat with my Templar (2h for dps, 1h+shield for tanking.. 1 healing skill in both styles).

Jivaro wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 22:43:

Quinn - I am going to be picking up the Imperial Edition. Not for any real reason other than I can. I was going to make an Imperial for the Daggerfall Cov, so I most likely will take your advice.

Nice! Imperial Edition! I don't have that =( Would've loved to be an Imperial.

I'm stunned by how much better the Daggerfall Covenant is compared to the other 2. I don't know if another team did it or whatever, but I'm simply in love with it.

If my wish came true, millions of gamers would hate me... but I'd wish GTAV would be delayed another month. Right now I'm having crazy much fun with ESO again and I know I won't have the willpower not to play GTAV the moment it's released. Knowing myself, after 2 months of not playing ESO I'll have lost my connection with my character and probably reroll again... and I love Thadius Quinn, my Red Guard Paladin.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 18:51 Quinn

Jivaro wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 16:05:
Drayth wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 12:18:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 09:37:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 03:08:
Must. Resist. Buying...

Stop it with all this positive crap...

Oh gawd dammit...now I am going to buy it...

A bit of advice... Don't just click through the dialogs with the NPCs... Really soak in what is going on for the particular quest... and you will enjoy the game a whole lot more.

This. The attention to detail in this MMO is outstanding. Click random NPC's who are even semi-involved in a quest and they'll often have unique things to say before, during (if applicable) and after a quest.

Good to hear. I was in the late beta process because I had it pre-ordered. It was, as everyone pretty much agrees, quite the mess so I cancelled my pre-order. I am a TES fanboy though and I have been really tempted to give it another go now that it's B2P and so many of the issues I had with the game appear to be addressed in one way or another. I am a guy that spends 85% of the time I am in a MMO playing solo because I have to keep starting and stopping due to back issues. (makes it annoying for everyone else when I have to keep taking breaks...it's why I quit raiding in SWTOR and WoW) A MMO that provides a solo experience worth the price of admission, particularly without a sub, is always going to get my attention.

You have 100+ hours worth of solo play. Only when you want to defeat difficult world bosses or do group dungeons you'd have to group up. Nothing keeps you from doing quests though. Of course, like every other MMO, if you wanna go gear hunting end-game.. you'd have to start grouping. You know there's 3 factions right? The good thing is that it doesn't really matter which one you pick. After you complete your main story, you can continue lvling your veteran ranks doing another faction (which is properly scaled to your level). You're not restricted to a certain faction by which race you pick anymore either, btw, from the start.

PS: I've tried all 3 factions now and the Daggerfall(?) Covenant is by far the best, atmosphere wise.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 21:50 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 19:16:
Quinn wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 19:01:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 18:41:
I'd be more than willing to give TESO an honest, one month beatdown to see if it can keep me interested but it's a pain in the ass that the game is $70 to experience all the newness. Give me a deep weekend sale otherwise I am more interested in spending that money on Elite Dangerous or dumping in to Path of Exile.

$70,-? Seriously, where the fuck do you guys live or buy your games!? You can get ESO for half that price.

Where the heck are you buying?

54.99 on GMG for ESO Online
79.99 on GMG for ESO Online complete ultimate imperial edition (aka, the only edition where you get everything)

That's 88$

Even with a sale you'll have a hard time getting that any lower. As there weren't any decent sales that I can find, ever.

With these prices the game prices itself out of the European market too.

Here you go.

That's 51,30 for the Imperial Edition. Granted, I wasn't thinking of the actual Imperial Edition when he mentioned the 70 dollars. The normal edition is only 29,-.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 19:01 Quinn

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 18:41:
I'd be more than willing to give TESO an honest, one month beatdown to see if it can keep me interested but it's a pain in the ass that the game is $70 to experience all the newness. Give me a deep weekend sale otherwise I am more interested in spending that money on Elite Dangerous or dumping in to Path of Exile.

$70,-? Seriously, where the fuck do you guys live or buy your games!? You can get ESO for half that price.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 13:31 Quinn

I'm one of the ESO fans. There's *something* to the game that just has me enjoying it so very, very much. I feel a strong connection with my character, running around doing quests while finding treasure chests and runes for enchantment makes exploring worth it and enjoyable. Every single quest is actually a quest-chain, with choices and consequences and an interesting story. I just love the gamw, and if you haven't played it, don't judge it. And no, it's no Skyrim. And who expected as much should get looked at.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 11:41 Quinn

Hard to get GTAV cheap anywhere somehow. I'm taking it easy. Having a crazy good time with ESO again and I don't want to see that spoiled by GTAV no matter how desperately I want it. Keep your eyes out at kinguin.net and g2a.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
44. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 19:04 Quinn

While being an absolute SUCKER!!!! for games like NWN, this game just doesn't offer the same quality. I got blinded by some what seems to me irrational enthusiasm on this and some other sites, and bought it anyway.

There was some sort of superiority thing going on before this game got out. In some sense the quality of the game was measured by a particular, unique difficulty that separated this cRPG with the likes of NWN.

But when I got the game.. and I realized the graphics and story weren't impressive and the combat was easy as shit once I got my Christian Bale gun blazin' priest, I realized this game simply doesn't do anything better than NWN or any of its clones.

I'm done. Enjoying a fuckton out of ESO again, looking forward to GTAV and TW3 and cannot wait for Sword Coast Legends. I'll restart this shit when I'm 82 years old and any other form of visual entertainment gives me a stroke.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 3, 2015, 19:46 Quinn

Good to see the nostalgia-goggles have finally been put off.

Like I said in an earlier thread.. I no longer have the urge to return to PoEt. Despite many claiming the writing is oh so good, the story is the main reason I lost interest. I heard someone say the game plays like a book, and I think the book just sucks. Lets not begin about the combat.

This overrated, hype infested let-down got me playing ESO again and I'll soon start up D:OS again. At least that game feels more... Honest, less pretentious. Despite its crappy writing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - theHunter- Primal
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - theHunter- Primal Apr 1, 2015, 14:08 Quinn

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 06:22:
Another game released with bugs galore. What is wrong with developers these days that can't even bother to fix glaring game breaking errors before release?

It could be a decent game if they fixed it, but as it is, it is a POS.

What's wrong with it? Two glaring words: EARLY. ACCESS.

Developers lose motivation in actually putting their blood and sweat in fulfilling a promise, when that mere promise alone already got them their new car and bigger house.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 14:16.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 14:04 Quinn

Well, yonder, it's not *that* bad. Plus I seriously loved Alpha Protocol.

Still at work, and not looking forward to playing PoEt anymore. With all the complaining about PoEt that finally and rightfully awakened in this thread, I realize it's not the bugs or combat system that make me feel this way. It really is chapter 2 (that fuuucking boooring city) and now the knowledge that chapter 3 will have a goddamn city too -- with even longer loading times! In short: I lost interest in the story and main campaign. Too little interesting development in it after too much time.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2015, 13:24 Quinn

Hahaha LMAO XD Good one!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 12:17 Quinn

Verno wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 12:03:
No real problems with the combat system so far *snip*

My priest uses a gun, and not because I'm roleplaying he's Christian Bale.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 11:55 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 11:27:
That load time issue gets MUCH worse later on, there is an ENTIRE second city in act 3... I stopped playing for now ^^

I can't really criticize it yet, fully, but from the pure mechanics I don't much like this combat system AT ALL. I guess I do like the engagement system which allows blocking paths, but I hate the spell system and the talents.. the short durations on everything. I want spells that last longer than 4 seconds (I hated that in DnD alread) and worse is Druids shapeshift only works for 15 seconds.. sigh.

I don't like the combat system either. Again: MY PRIEST IS HOLDING A FUCKING GUN! And so does my wizard, support tank and bard-guy. Yes, the path-blocking is nice but it also seems like the only way for a tank to keep the "aggro". There's no taunt ability, which makes the whole "Into the Fray" skill useless (it pulls enemies toward you, but they blankly walk back to their previous target anyway). There's also no "FUCK YEAH!" feeling rushing through me when I level up. I mean.. no "FUCK YEAH!" feeling when leveling up? That's just shit.

I do enjoy the game. I do. I do. But it's kind of telling that the most interesting thing PoEt did for me, was urging me back to D:OS.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 11:11 Quinn

I love the game, but I'm stunned how we are all uncharacteristically devoid of any real criticism on this game.

1: Balancing. I ended up giving my support tank and all casters GUNS! Why? Because guns trump all. "What would you prefer? A 2h Paladin or a Priest with a gun who can only use auto-attack?" Why, the priest of course!

2: Pathfinding and general AI. Motherfucker. I've had casters running through an entire army of Guls for... some reason, when I wasn't paying attention enough. And man, I had perfectly locked a doorway down with 2 tanks, only so one could open the gap by charging past the opening and into the fray. All goes perfectly fine, until that shit happens and my gunning clothies platoon gets zerged.

3: More personal --> Chapter 2. Dat city! It reminded me of the early city in The Witcher 1 when it wasn't patched yet, irrationally long loading screen after motherfucking loading screen as I walk in and out of houses and areas, going back and forth all the goddamn time because quests demand you too. I was *this* close to just quitting the game entirely. Luckily I was, at some point, wise enough to continue down the Endless Path for some pew-pew time. My throat was getting soar in the city, and my trigger-happy priest got frustrated.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 11:20.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
37. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 16:01 Quinn

Xero wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:38:
Alamar wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:37:
200+... I realize that's a selling point for a lot of people... But holy crap, even one quarter of that is too much for me... Unless the combat (where you spend most of the game) is amazing, anything over 20 hours starts to bore me... Add that to my inability to stick to one game at a time, I have a ton of half completed games...

My twin.

Typical console games are never over 20 hours. Just sayin'. I can't imagine 200+ is anything to complain about. If you know you get bored quickly or whatever --> do the main questline only.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 19:32 Quinn

born2expire wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:22:
As much as Im digging PoE no mention of the Ranger pet bug? I've already been forced to start over (from lvl 5) and had to kill my Ranger in my 2nd play through.

Want to elaborate on that bug? If everyone's like you in thinking the other automatically knows about the bug, no shit there's no mention of it.

Having a good time with the game, though I find Chapter 2 remarkably less interesting. I never really like cities too much in these games -- because of all the walls of text every fucking NPC has in store for you and sidequest after sidequest around every goddamn corner -- and I've spent this entire day running back and forth in one. Give me wilderness, caves, unexplored vistas. Screw cities.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
55. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 19:01 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 17:18:
Quinn wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 09:42:
Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 01:42:
nin wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:31:
Ouch. Do not double click equipment until this is patched. Drag and drop.

Damn, that's a really irritating bug... I think I may just wait with playing until the next patch is out.

Motherfucker! I realized my Fighter suddenly got weaker. Started missing a lot more. Found out I'm a victim of this gamebreaker. Fuck me...

WWhich sucks, as I notice you have A LOT of time in the game already.

Yeah, 16 hours by now! Haven't rerolled yet either. I'm a Fighter, and although he tanks fairly well, his damage output is mediocre. I haven't found a strong enough weapon yet, I guess. Still, it's bizarre.. I gave my second tank a bow and instead of between 2 and 10 damage he now does between 12 and 20. I wonder why my sword&shield class just can't seem to do any proper damage...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
47. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 09:42 Quinn

Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 01:42:
nin wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:31:
Ouch. Do not double click equipment until this is patched. Drag and drop.

Damn, that's a really irritating bug... I think I may just wait with playing until the next patch is out.

Motherfucker! I realized my Fighter suddenly got weaker. Started missing a lot more. Found out I'm a victim of this gamebreaker. Fuck me...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
111. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 05:40 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 17:21:
Quinn wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 16:52:
You all know it's not really 2D for starters yeah? Look at the loading screens, they betray it. It's all 3d rendered 2d or however you call it in jargon terms.

Yeah, like BG1, BG2, IWD1, IWD2, Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil...

What are you even trying to say here? IE games are not 2D, they are tile-based 2.5D which is the point when when making an IE style game

Only thing I currently have to complain is the absolutely abysmal loading times on an SSD and no proper pre-caching of areas. This game pushes unity engine clearly into some areas where that engine has major issues.

Then I got that wrong! I could have sworn that in some trailer or preview it was advertised that the backgrounds were all handcrafted, 2D backgrounds -- imagine my surprise when I saw the loading screenshots of the areas obviously in 3D

And yeah I don't get those loading times. I hope they will improve!

Question: There are NPCs with yellow names, and you can reach out to their souls to read their history. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to WALLS OF TEXT and that's all I'm getting from reaching out. What's the point? It is all too much of personal nature to be good to read if you're interested in the lore, and it doesn't have anything to do with the main story. Will this change? :P

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2015, 06:03.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
88. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 16:52 Quinn

Good game. Having fun. Highly motherfucking overrated, though, and let me be the first to thrust that opinion into this.

You all know it's not really 2D for starters yeah? Look at the loading screens, they betray it. It's all 3d rendered 2d or however you call it in jargon terms.

Second, well... Let me change the conversation here and ask y'all enthusiasts: why does this game stand out in such a remarkable fashion? Seriously, to me it looks like HYPE gone to the highest level of insanity.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1657 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo