Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 934 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Legends of Persia Announced
2. Re: Legends of Persia Announced Dec 10, 2013, 19:40 Quinn

Doesn't look good either.

Wasted effort if you ask me. If I'd be a starting developer, I wouldn't invest money on an engine with graphics that of course won't impress anyone and animations that will cost more money than that they will get in return for awe. Instead, I'll hire some (freelance?) designers and make a 2D game with beautiful art and an awesome story with good dialogue and awesome "choice & con" stuff. Relatively cheap but very engaging stuff that involves the player's moral compass etc. Make a name of yourself in this way and make an awesome game with the profits.

I'm sick of all these forgettable, mediocre indie stuff. I'm an early bird, evidently, but there will be a time that the gaming community's warm welcome for new devs will turn into fanatic disdain. I think I'm already there -- the more of the lame indie stuff coming out, the more I'm getting pro-EA, -Activision, -Ubisoft, -Bethesda etc.

Blegh. Tired & drunk. Bye.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
21. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 10, 2013, 05:29 Quinn

When I think about Borderlands, I see an open world with absolutely ZERO motivation to explore; so many loot I don't care to look at stats; floating damage numbers and a story that's so non-existent it's evident the game was developed for co-op while all co-op gave you was friends trying to frag your targets, and no actual "co-operation" to speak of.

Why Borderlands 2 is such a succes -- I'm telling you... -- I've no fucking clue! My face inevitably lands in the palms of my hands thinking of a PC gaming community that praises the game. But then again.. the same community praises Dishonored so I shouldn't be surprised

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers
13. Re: Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers Dec 9, 2013, 19:56 Quinn

However enthousiastic I am about The Witcher 3, I can't help but have this strong fear that the game will have too high game requirements. I know games keep looking better and better and keep needing less and less high-end hardware doing so, but man The Wild Hunt looks fucking sick.

Maybe it's just me and a few others, but when I have to scale down allot of graphical features for a game to have a good framerate.. I bail out. Never touched Crysis 3 because I upgraded my rig the month it came out and the game made me feel like I pissed my 1,1K Euros away..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers
11. Re: Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers Dec 9, 2013, 04:22 Quinn

Both games look promising!

I like how they gave Garrett some more character in this trailer. He's not just some thief, according to the old hag in the trailer.

The Witcher 3.. My god. Can't wait!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Nears
4. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Nears Dec 6, 2013, 22:43 Quinn

I got TWD season 2 for 13 euros during some sale at a European site. That's just a steal.

TWAU is just perfect. I loved episode one to the max. But, as mentioned below, the times between episodes so far is ridiculous. It's so long that I will always replay the earlier episodes before starting the new one, and because of this realization I won't actually buy the game until it's either on a sale or at least 4 episodes are out.

It's the same with TV shows. Once I know I'll like a certain show, I'll wait until the season is finished before I start watching it. Reason? Like games, I watch TV shows for immersion, which is impossible to properly achieve for me by watching 40 minutes a week.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Vector Jumps Onto Steam
13. Re: Vector Jumps Onto Steam Dec 5, 2013, 18:23 Quinn

And yes I'm very self-aware. Overdramatic is my middle name. There's a point somewhere in that last comment of mine...  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Vector Jumps Onto Steam Dec 5, 2013, 18:20 Quinn

Back in my day we had.. some very ugly stuff that I somehow enjoyed. Then came Commander Keen and Golden Axe. But there was also te Sierra awesomeness: Quest for Glory series, King's Quest series, etc. Later on came Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, Thief, Neverwinter Nights, Deus Ex. Then came Risen, Assassin's Creed, eventually Dragon Age.

Annnnd after Dragon Age the signs of degression started to show, quite obviously in Dragon Age 2 and other shit. Quality games came few and far in between (that's today), while we were being absolutely pummeled to DEATH by simple indie sidescrolling bullshit tha all looks the same. After that it was too late when PC gamers finally realized what a pathetic bunch of old people they've become, after the AMD and NVIDIA ditched the 2D sidescrollers market and invested themselves into consoles. That's 2019, years after the sky in Delft, The Netherlands, was filled by the stench of burned hardware and shit.

True story.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Vector Jumps Onto Steam Dec 5, 2013, 14:52 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 11:43:

Anyway, played the demo, wasn't that impressed, at least on a PC setting. Time for more Far Cry 3, BF4, PoE, Skyrim, XCOM Enemy Within, etc. etc.

This. People can moan all they want about the corporate monsters, but I can't wait for more more MORE AAA titles. They might get a little too mainstream at times, but fuck me and the shallow indie crap. Sure, it's fun... but for this kinda "fun" I'd enter an arcade hall. I'd shit on my PC and burn it in some weird ritual if all that's left in videogaming is the fun lil' games like Mark of the Ninja, Dust and other simple shit.

There. I said it. Again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Time to Live Demo
2. Re: Time to Live Demo Dec 5, 2013, 14:14 Quinn

Too much deathmatch stuff and crappy indie sidescrollers. The games worth looking forward to that grand some goddam immersion? The Walking Dead S02, The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age 3. Maybe THIEF. Today's gaming industry. Imo it's fucking sad, tbh.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification Coming to Steam
13. Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification Coming to Steam Dec 3, 2013, 04:18 Quinn

Hope they'll have fixed the aim glitch by now. How many clips I put into enemy players while they stood still, somehow just not hitting them! So annoying!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief at 15
25. Re: Thief at 15 Dec 2, 2013, 17:58 Quinn

MajorD wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 11:43:
Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 18:26:
Deadly Shadows is still the best. Two words, Shalebridge Cradle.

YACK! You have that backwards; Deadly Shadows was the worst one!

It was the worst of the 3 but it was still an absolutely amazing game. Shalebridge Cradle.. I don't think there was any game out there with a more frightening experience!

Deus Ex: Invisible War was horrible. Thief: Deadly Shadows was awesome and amazing.

Edit/Add: And to make that last part even more random... I miss Looking Glass Studios, Raven Studios and Sierra. There. I said it. Oh, and Kalypso too.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
45. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 13:04 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 03:50:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 13:55:
Quinn wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 10:59:
Moog wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 08:14:
nin wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 03:18:
Skyrim is the same way...they still want a minimum of $10 each for the two main DLCs...
If you have Vanilla Skyrim, can't you just buy the Legendary edition and, in effect, add all the DLC to your vanilla copy? Well, if the 75% off hadn't finished.

This. The next time I'm gonna hear an adult whine about the Skyrim DLC prices when the Legendary version is going away for 13 euros, I'm gonna shoot someone.
Lol, why would a person buy Legendary if they already have Skyrim? Then you have 2 Skyrim games and 1 Dlc. I'm new to Steam so I don't know all the rules but are you guys suggesting we can just give away the Skyrim from Legendary and keep the Dlc ?

Legendary Edition has all 3 DLC, not just 1. I assume that if you already own Skyrim, buying the Legendary Edition would just give you the DLC. That's how it works with most games that have GotY editions.

What Jerykk said.

Who cares, really, what happens with the second Skyrim you buy. You'll have Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn for 13 euros (15 dollars?). It's a steal.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Thief at 15
8. Re: Thief at 15 Dec 1, 2013, 17:51 Quinn

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 15:22:
mlw wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 14:38:
Thief: The Dark Project remains one of my all time favorite games, right there next to Elder Scrolls Arena and Privateer.

These games originally got me excited about PC gaming and hold a very special place.

Is it looking through rose colored glasses of me to say that like Quakes effect on FPS, Thief was a huge influence (perhaps the biggest) on the stealth genre?

Rose coloured glasses have nothig to do with fishing a statement out of te proverbial well of facts.

Level of noise depending on surface; the level of Garrett being visible to te enemy depending on the darkness level of the shadow he hid in; creating shadows by turning off lights; rope arrow! All revolutionary stuff! Thief gave birth to stealth in games!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 17:44 Quinn

"Skyrim was developed for the XBox first and foremost", really? What, because the UI was so retarded? You simply cannot claim that. Apart from the inv system, the game is an absolute jewel from the PC gamer point of view, since vanilla day one. Great visuals, great performance, great gameplay. Trust me, Skyrim is one of the few games out there that was built for the PC the moment the first brainstorm session marked it's conception.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > On Sale
42. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 10:59 Quinn

Moog wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 08:14:
nin wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 03:18:
Skyrim is the same way...they still want a minimum of $10 each for the two main DLCs...
If you have Vanilla Skyrim, can't you just buy the Legendary edition and, in effect, add all the DLC to your vanilla copy? Well, if the 75% off hadn't finished.

This. The next time I'm gonna hear an adult whine about the Skyrim DLC prices when the Legendary version is going away for 13 euros, I'm gonna shoot someone.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
76. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 29, 2013, 20:38 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 13:50:
And anyone waiting for Skyrim to go ANY LOWER - is INSANE!

Couldn't agree with you more. Anyone who hasn't bought Skyrim yet who doesn't hate the genre, is 100% mental.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

75. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 29, 2013, 20:36 Quinn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 22:23:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 20:48:
But the claim that Black Flag is better than Sleeping Dogs

Was never typed by me. I made no such claim, I merely said that that was the current game I was genuinely enjoying. I drew no comparisons between the two.

Sorry I just set your straw man on fire.

Well, you don't like Sleeping Dogs and you're making love with AC4 as we speak. It was a rather logical assumption that you think AC4 is better than SD, since in this world 1 + 1 is still 2.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

51. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 03:22 Quinn

State of Decay is very fun to play, but be as it may, the story and characters don't connect with me. I've played it for about 30 minutes so far. Prez, maybe you can tell me... will the story at some point get interesting or is it simply not a game to play for the story, basically?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

35. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 19:12 Quinn

Sleeping Dogs is awesome. Little bit stiff animations but fun combat. Little bit unrealistic driving but fun too. You're crazy if you don't buy it when you don't already got it.

You're also crazy if you FINALLY decide to buy Skyrim and you're not getting the Legendary Edition while you can. Anyone who tells you otherwise will have a hard time coming up with some proper arguments. The DLCs will give you more gear, more encounters, more story. You'd want more main-quest-quality story, because the vanilla main quest is hideously short.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 16:07 Quinn

Desalus wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 15:48:
It seems like a lot of gamers are waiting for the Skyrim DLC price to drop. It's ridiculous that you have to pay more for all three DLC than you would if you bought the legendary edition. Makes me wonder if Bathesda is just trying to milk more money out of the dedicated fans who bought the game prior to the legendary version.

Uh, the "dedicated fans" don't wait for DLC prices to drop below 15 dollar, which they are definitely worth (They're not worth the 15 dollars if you compare them to the grandiosity of the vanilla game but NO SHIT!!!!!).

I have the original game and all its DLCs and even I wanna buy the Legendary Edition for 13 dollars, for some retarded reason.

I don't get you guys. I'm honestly unsure whether you're all being sarcastic.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

934 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo