Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1741 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Video
34. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 18:08 Quinn

Blizzard comes with this shite? It looks like one of those F2P garbage FPS' nobldy really gives a shit about.

Also.. A robot monk? A spiritual robot shooting lightning bolts? My goodness.

Uninspired shit is what I was looking at for 1 minute until I got bored. People who are actually being excited: I will never get you; I never want to get you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
53. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 13, 2015, 07:58 Quinn

I wasn't accusing you or anyone in particular. I just expressed my overall disagreement to the fact that many think CD Projekt releases buggy and unstable games. I wasn't particularly democratic in my expression, and I do apologize for it. Tiny  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
51. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 13, 2015, 06:44 Quinn

Redmask wrote on May 13, 2015, 06:04:
Quinn wrote on May 13, 2015, 05:11:
Read any patchnotes from most games and there'll be showstoppers in them for some people. There's nothing new to that. Did I play both games at day-one? Yes. Did I run into showstoppers? No, except for the crazy long loading time between interiors in Vizima in The Witcher 1.

You don't get to act indignant, you got what you deserved for that rude shit. No one gives a fuck what you saw, other people obviously did have problems as you readily admit by acknowledging that many other people talk about it. No one asked you to care about their problems either. You chose to insert yourself like a wart with your rude ass whining comment because you're an over eager little beaver with video games that you like, you did the same shit with Dragon Age. Your experiences are not everyone elses, grow up and stop thinking the world revolves around you.

I like CD Projekt games but claiming they do not ship buggy games is a fucking joke and calling other people whiners for even discussing it is some fanboy bullshit. That's my opinion, I don't care what yours is since I'm the one deciding whether or not to buy the game. Maybe people would actually give a shit what you thought if you didn't call them whiners at every opportunity.

You're one aggresive, self-rightious fucker aren't you? I wasn't saying, at all, that everybody who complained about instable crappiness was talking out of their arse for the sake of whining. There's always people experiencing nasty shit with no matter what game -- always! -- and I feel shite for them because I'm one of them and I know how it feels.

I had zero remarkable issues with the games. Zero. No input lag, no optimization issues, no CTD's, nothing. NOTHING! Do I therefore put to question the idea that CD Projekt releases instable shite? Yes, I do, and I explained that it's because of the irony that CD Projekt actually shows an incredible amount of support that I think some people draw a wrong conclusion.

Sure, there were people who experienced gamebreaking bugs, but I dare bet on my penis that some gamers just moan along, exclaiming like a broken record how they will wait for the Enhanced Edition because CD Projekt releases oh so instable games, while all they had was a clipping error.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2015, 07:00.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

49. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 13, 2015, 05:11 Quinn

Redmask wrote on May 12, 2015, 21:10:
Quinn wrote on May 12, 2015, 07:19:
I try to think of any remarkable bugs in The Witcher 2 at release and I can't think of any. Like The Witcher 1, there lacked some storytelling context which was added later, but gameplay bugs? People keep mentioning them -- all the time -- but I feel like some of you just repeat other people's words for whine's sake.

Go read the patch notes sometime, there were many show stoppers in both releases and I know because I played them and experienced several firsthand so fuck off with your 'whining' bullshit.

Reviews seem solid for the console versions but holding off for the PC, no review codes were sent out yet apparently.

Go fuck off yourself, kid. Read any patchnotes from most games and there'll be showstoppers in them for some people. There's nothing new to that. Did I play both games at day-one? Yes. Did I run into showstoppers? No, except for the crazy long loading time between interiors in Vizima in The Witcher 1. Yet CD Projekt has a name of releasing games instable or unfinished, and I say: "Fuck that." People maybe got that idea because of the unusual amount of support this developer delivers -- "Free enhanced editions? Oh! Then the games must've been unfinished shite at first!" Such a typical, poor fallacy.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
80. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 13, 2015, 03:43 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 13, 2015, 03:02:
Interesting. The biggest draw for meto the Witcher III is it's supposed open-world 'skyrimness'. Ive read that 8/10 review and apparently not all areas are accessible from the open world (not a problem) and you can't simply run off in your direction and do your own thing.

This last bit is kind of dissapointing. Then I read part of the review again. Apparently you CAN take on multiple quests but they "DONT SCALE" to your level. Which means that you can get your butt kicked if you wander off into the unknown. Wait what?

Since when is that a negative?? This is how oldschool RPGs did it, and they did allright, scaling is for pussies. Let me get some satisfaction from completing a much more difficult quest than should be possible for my level!!

Will still wait and see but Im optimistic about this game.

QFT!! Since when have we become such mindless zombies that we see the NOT SCALING of quests and enemies to your level a bad thing? Have we forgotten what it was like before TES? Gothic was a big success and mostly due to enemies not scaling to your level. The satisfaction and sense of achievement you felt when returning to enemies that bashed you into a loading screen earlier is awesome. It's also a way less lazy approach to designing a game -- its much harder to find the right balance etc. That the world does not scale to Geralt's level is the best thing I've read in any review so far. I find it horribly laughable that it was written as a negative thing.

As for the guy on the fence about Risen 3 (sorry I can't call you by your nickname but posting this to then edit it once I have your nickname is such a drag on a mobile phone) --> Get the game! The atmosphere is amazing; I love the graphics and gameplay; oh, and enemies don't scale to your level Add me on STEAM (Vince / theronyll) to read my more in depth little review on Risen 3!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

70. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 18:23 Quinn

Zanthar wrote on May 12, 2015, 18:07:
Slashman wrote on May 12, 2015, 15:33:
I'm tottering on the edge of 'do I get it now' or 'do I wait'?

I'm waiting for at least a weeks worth of reviews and comments on the PC version before I get this. I'm so tired of getting burned with buggy releases.

Getting prejudiced has a certain level of sucking too, in my experience. There's something charming on jumping into a game with a blank slate of a mind. For example, I was loving the hell and heavens out of Risen 3 and imagined the internet going crazy with marvelous review scores but when I came back to the real world after hours of amazing awesomeness, most ppl were bitching incoherently. Another example is Shadows of Mordor. I was bored out of my wits 20 minutes in, yet the internet seemed to praise it.

I'll give TW3 an unprejudiced verdict of my own. Screw the net. If it burns me, I'll drink a few beers less next weekend if need be...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

41. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 13:06 Quinn

Task wrote on May 12, 2015, 12:30:
Ok, so back to the game. One of the reviews said their were definite bugs, but I was certainly expecting that, day one W2 was a little bugged with optimization issues (although they may have been playing one of those loaned review copies that isn't patched).

Other stuff mentioned (besides the gushing over the graphics which really isn't my main concern, but yeah the graphics are nice): the excellent story writing and character interactions continue, choices you picked up from the past two games are indeed also reflected in the third, inventory menu is a little better, combat seems more fluid, if you'd read or have been reading the books you'll basically feel like you're in a club since you'll 'get' the little references or recognize places/people and their history.

I don't know if any Europeans comment here, but I'm so jealous that you have all the books - two years is a while to wait for the rest in English :(. Maybe I should learn German, Polish, or Russian.

I'm European but I don't speak German, Polish or Russion either

As for the choices/consequences from the first two games... am I the only one who doesn't have the save files anymore? Who leaves games on their HHD/SSD for so many years? Anyway, for people like me.. check The Witcher Nexus. There's some very good save files their. It's also confronting when you realize the majority of players made the exact same choices as you and you're not so special xD Also.. I know the console versions have this little start-up sequence where they can choose what they chose in the earlier games since they cannot import save files. Why, if this is the case anyway, didn't they implement this for the PC version too? And if they did, do you have the source? =)

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:12 Quinn

I don't ignore people. I think it's too insulting from one person to another to do this, especially because 9 out of 10 people here have posted ridiculous shite more than once but those same people have participated properly in this community even more.

Right now, however, after CJ_Parker tried to piss over us even more with his patronizing bullshit retort.. he's literally the first person EVER that I'm considering putting on that list. Motherfucker...

Edit/Add: However, I know for as certain as I can be that he knows he's gone too far and I think he knows this for a while now. Now he's stuck in this image he's created for himself, because his insecurity lets him from admitting this and trying to change. I feel sorry for him, and I will support him by putting neither him on ignore.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2015, 11:18.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

42. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 10:20 Quinn

nin wrote on May 12, 2015, 09:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2015, 09:29:
someone please call a doctor or a hitman to put me out of my miserable existence. Jesus H Christ.

Kickstarter time!

I'm considering lending my services pro bono, just this once. Drool2 Rifle

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 10:15 Quinn

CJ_Parker, you must be mentally ill or seriously unhappy in life. You call a guy who's exclaiming happiness a dumbfuck. Get a fucking grip of yourself.

Before this announcement, there was no way to know whether CDProjekt was releasing the game 00:00 PT, ET, BT, UT, JT or CET. In other words, Frag4Fun had all the reasons to be excited by the news.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2015, 09:34 Quinn

Hold the power button + home button for a couple of seconds. No result? Keep trying for a few times. Worked like a charm for my father last week, same issue.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

39. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 09:29 Quinn

They are still feverishly trying to optimize it? There is a review embargo (not good?)?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

36. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 07:19 Quinn

I try to think of any remarkable bugs in The Witcher 2 at release and I can't think of any. Like The Witcher 1, there lacked some storytelling context which was added later, but gameplay bugs? People keep mentioning them -- all the time -- but I feel like some of you just repeat other people's words for whine's sake.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

34. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 06:28 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 12, 2015, 06:06:
Quinn you are assuming that all of those effects and textures are feature complete and that it's simply a matter of not including them in the latest build. CD Project could have simply decided during development that it wasnt worth the effort and time to develop and include them in the release build for whatever reason (money and time being the primary ones probably). They might very well only be finished or included at some point after release in a texture pack or in some kind of "enhanced" edition.

All of that (except for textures) seems very unlikely since you've seen them working quite fine in the gameplay trailers. My logic says that once you got those clouds, fire and smoke right.. you have all your hard work behind you.

But oh well, to be honest.. I think nothing is the matter. In fact, look at the Angry Joe preview session and the game looks even better than those Reddit screenshots, and if I remember correctly... that build isn't even the PC build. =)

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

31. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 05:55 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 12, 2015, 05:35:
Quinn wrote on May 12, 2015, 05:30:
InBlack wrote on May 12, 2015, 05:12:
It could also simply be optimization. Remember that the PC version needs to be able to work over a wide range of hardware and also needs to leave the smallest possible footprint on the hard disk. It's kind of dissapointing but then again gameplay should always trump graphics.

What?

They invented something for this, called "Graphics Options" or similar in the game's Menu. It's one of those advantages that PC's have over consoles.

Thats a very simplistic view to take. Not everything is scalable via a simple slider, especially things like high-resolution textures or those volumetric clouds and fire effects that are 'mysteriously' missing from recent screenshots and videos. Anyone who has ever worked with 3d graphics will tell you that it's always a balancing act between what is possible and what is feasible.

You call it optimization. If volumetric clouds or awesome fire and smoke due to a complex particles feature are too performance heavy for 90% of today's rigs, it would make no sense to completely remove them for optimization's sake -- why not just disable them? I'm not talking about sliders per se; there are countless of games where complex graphic adjustments are possible albeit with a game reboot. Same with high-resolution textures. If they have them but they are too performance heavy or take up too much space, release a texture pack for free download.

This or that, these screenshot comparisons are crazy and I cannot accept your rationale that this "could simply be optimization".

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

27. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 05:30 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 12, 2015, 05:12:
It could also simply be optimization. Remember that the PC version needs to be able to work over a wide range of hardware and also needs to leave the smallest possible footprint on the hard disk. It's kind of dissapointing but then again gameplay should always trump graphics.

What?

They invented something for this, called "Graphics Options" or similar in the game's Menu or Launcher. It's one of those advantages that PC's have over consoles.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2015, 05:48.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

24. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 04:25 Quinn

This game has been staring at me from inside my STEAM Library for about a year by now. Not sure why, but preloads always get me excited!

A few scary things, though. Have you guys seen this on Reddit? Concerns me a little, it does.

Blue, perhaps the above link is worthy news? A perceptive Reddit user noticed an obvious downgrade in graphics, Watch_Dogs style. Something in me says "Lets just wait and see." but those screenshot comparisons do look ominous.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
44. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 18:07 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on May 11, 2015, 17:55:
Sega should be glad fans have allowed them to have a success, after all their bullshit. Middlefinger

I've never seen the draw of Run and Hide games. I'm just too obsessive about character development, story and questing.

The one exception, is playing villain based RPGs such as GTA. I would play GTA in a heartbeat if it had character generation and at the very least neutral based story decisions. Something along the lines of rising through the ranks of the mob with a choice of steering the mob towards more legit or more villainous directions.

Hell, that's exactly what I missed so much in GTAV. There was no sense of progression. Franklin, who was a poor ghetto dude who couldn't get out of the life of a low thief had the best place after one of his first missions; Michael already was rich. Whenever they met an important guy, they IMMEDIATELY antagonized themselves. There was no real building story arch, no real antagonist, no sense of dread or importance.

I said it as a first impression and I say it again: GTAV was too crazy; too much a comedy. While no GTA takes itself too serious, this one went too far and simply made no sense. I'm surprised, truly, how anyone could be impressed by the campaign.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2015, 14:49 Quinn

The Witcher 3's preload has started.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/35l4em/witcher_3_preload_is_live_on_gog/

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
10. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 11:19 Quinn

I just find it hilarious how people can give a shit about any speculations. Lets just wait for the moment the first teaser pops up, at least, so you can all talk about that for the next 6 months before some actual gameplay is shown.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1741 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo