Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1664 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

PC Gaming > Performance heavy games of late?
9. No subject Apr 21, 2015, 03:04 Quinn

Kosumo wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 23:47:
To not be silly this time, I'll surgest 'Amra 3'.

Don't know if its your game play style, but the engine does do some nice graphics work.

Night time, flares, amazing.

I've seen Arma 3 being mentioned a lot of times on the internet as being a performance heavy game. Yours was the last comment I needed. *starts scouring the net for a cheap price*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 10:46 Quinn

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 10:25:
Can anyone who bought this and has a vidcard with only 1gb of vram chime in on the performance? I'm waiting for the next revision of maxwell to come out (980gtx ti or whatever they'll call it) before upgrading my super ancient insanely overclocked 460gtx SLI setup (which really still handles everything just fine).

I'm on the fence if i should just wait to grab this and the card at the same time like 6-8 months down the road or just buy GTA5 now. Part of me thinks if i get it now, i might spoil the experience with lower textures.

You will spoil it. No doubt in my mind. Not a single second. If one game is VRAM heavy, it's GTA5.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
52. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 20, 2015, 09:45 Quinn

iFruit app is also updated. Now compatible with us PC gamers.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 09:32 Quinn

The most amazing visuals you get driving the countryside/mountains at dusk. My goodness. MY. GOODNESS! Either that or during a thunderstorm. In those settings the game is one of the best looking, most amazing games I've ever played.

Sometimes, on very rare occasions, the game goes nuts and I get about 20 fps. A friend of mine with the same rigs experiences the same sometimes and it's always near the borders between the big city and nature areas (mountains, sandy flatlands). Not entirely sure what to make of this, but it's damn annoying to have a game play with a steady 60 fps and then suddenly drops to it knees like that.

InBlack wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:28:
My birthday was on the 18th of April. If someone were to /gift me with a PC version of GTAV I would be their best friend forever.

/shameless

Happy birthday-before-yesterday! Sorry, I'm saving money for a new SSD T_T

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2015, 09:38.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
50. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 20, 2015, 05:12 Quinn

sdgundamx wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 00:59:
I'm curious about what control scheme people are using... only mouse and keyboard? Only controller? Both?

I started out intending to switch to controller for driving but I actually got pretty used to it with the m&kb.

M/KB here and not seeing any need for a controller whatsoever. Hell, even flying works fine with WSAD and keypad, although I do miss the ability to look around and take in the view with that setup. Fine-tuning the mouse-controls for flying may be a good idea, because using them as they are now makes my plane uncontrollable.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 04:49 Quinn

NKD wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 04:43:
GTA Online has been a pretty big exercise in frustration for my friends and me.

We often have to try multiple times to get into the same session, whether public, friends, or crew session. Often times after completing a mission or other online activity we end up split up into different sessions. Many times we can't join each others sessions from the friends list without an explicit invite or else we simply get an error like "Could not find compatible friends session."

That's to say nothing of the frequent time outs while joining sessions, and the horrible workflow for dealing with sessions. For example if I am in a public session I apparently have to load into single player to create a friend or crew session.

There are also some pretty annoying gameplay decisions. For example blowing up personal vehicles to get some guys armored vehicle off your ass gets you flagged as a Bad Sport after a while, plus you have to pay a fine every time.

I'm experiencing the exact same issues and frustration with my friends.

Rockstar should really turn off the "Bad Sports" thing until they get their server issues fixed. Personally I have zero tolerance with server issues when a company is so extremely EXTREMELY successful. Get your goddamn shite together and buy some extra servers, greedy bitches!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. No subject Apr 20, 2015, 04:16 Quinn

Bioshock Infinite was running pretty ace already with the GTX 680. That game really isn't that performance heavy somehow!

Battlefield 4. Good one! Lets see if I can get that somewhere cheap...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 03:50 Quinn

Another what I would consider huge tip for GTA Online: Once you've bought your first house, don't roll into your garage with a car! If you do, after the cutscene of rolling in you're back outside the garage completely frozen -- the game hasn't crashed, but you're unable to do anything (you can't even get into the menu to quit the game, for example). This is because the game wants to give you an instruction about the things you can do in your garage. When you roll in with a car, it's something the script evidently can't handle.

I bought the most expensive place (500.000,- dollars) with the pre-order bonus. That, plus a car that looks like a '67 Chevrolet Impala. Then I bought some smokes at a store, headed into the mountains, parked my car at a place with a beautiful view of the city, and lit one up.

Good times.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 03:23 Quinn

I'm having some stability issues with GTA Online as well. More notably is the instability joining a friend's session. Somehow that often just doesn't fly.

What I disliked most of GTA Online is the fact that there is no real "party system" in freeroaming mode. Imagine WoW without the ability to create a party, and all you can have to have a sense of community is guilds. That's how GTA Online works: No real party system, just guilds (CREWS!). So the first time when I started a job while my crew mate was sitting shotgun, I simply disappeared and due to auto-invite the player slots were full in a second and my mate was simply left out. It was extremely frustrating.

Now I've learned to turn off auto-invite by default and start my own jobs through the Menu. Manual invites to Jobs you've started yourself is the closest thing to a Party system.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
283. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 18, 2015, 16:42 Quinn

Verno wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 16:28:
Quboid wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 23:27:
I reported the first post (not the second, guess he's got multiple fans) because it was just pointless abuse and while much of this thread hasn't been a happy place, I felt it crossed the line. It was certainly a heck of a lot more than calling someone a douche and treating those posts as remotely the same is unreasonable - as he knows perfectly well.

Krovven has consistently been rude or unnecessarily aggressive and he deserves to be called out on it by anyone. This is not a one time thing, this is not a few posters, this is pattern and he just comes across as incredibly childish - an insult he's oddly attached to considering his love of mindless insults.

Yeah, I think Blue is remarkably patient considering it was the umpteenth post breaking the rules from that user. I would've counted myself lucky and moved on instead of trying to shift the blame. Anyone breaking the rules on that consistent a basis would've eaten a ban on any other forum long ago and I know because I frequent more than a few and see the bad apples get tossed. There isn't even active moderation here, its completely reactive and based on user reports. Blue doesn't read every thread so sometimes people get away with one thing while another user doesn't because it got reported. If Blue ever nominates a few mods to clean things up (long overdue IMO) some of you will quickly realize what other forums are run like and just how good you've had it all along.

And some of you will realize exactly the same. Because lets get one thing straight here, some of the "veterans" here are maybe the worst of all but get away with everything because they're all forum pals of eachother. And that's exactly the problem here, the inconsistency of it because it's all based on friends not reporting eachother, yet reporting every little slip of the less popular kids.

So, yeah, Verno.. If Blues would get impartial moderators, lets see how you'd like it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
96. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 18, 2015, 12:55 Quinn

You cannot be using your PC 24/7,yeah? Keep the download running during dinner, work, sex, sleep...!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

276. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 17, 2015, 22:57 Quinn

Fucking bullies. Every single one of you taking shit out on Krovven. Take a step back -- or a step up, for that matter.. be meta -- and see that the original conflict started with SOMEONE ELSE acting sanctimonious, not Krovven. He acted accordingly, like any self-respecting person would.. and only made the little mistake of insulting someone back in a more loud-mouth albeit more honest fashion. Blue jumped on that, Krovven called Blue on the hypocrisy (lets be fair, nin can quote someone and edit what they said to make them look like insane fucks and nothing happens) and the rest just kicked the guy down and continued kicking like a lynch mob; like animals. It's disgusting.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

261. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 17, 2015, 15:01 Quinn

My GTAV just got patched for 56mb or so.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
5. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Apr 16, 2015, 11:52 Quinn

I will lick Geralt's face, generated by a GTX 980, off my screen. It's weird.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

243. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 16, 2015, 11:01 Quinn

Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 10:56:
After spending some time with it I've concluded the game is extremely CPU dependent, even a mild OC on my 2500k makes a massive difference in framerate while swapping GPUs had little effect on performance. It's a good port overall but it feels like it could still use some optimization to offload more to the GPU, mine doesn't even max utilization sometimes. Anyone who is looking to increase performance for this game is probably better off upgrading their CPU rather than their GPU.

Hmm, I noticed a massive difference swapping from my GTX 680 to the GTX 980. My CPU is an i5 3,2ghz (or something near that) and I'm not experiencing any slowdowns except.. for some reason the outskirts areas (where Trevor starts) seem to piss my card off every now and then, and only ever so slightly. Must be the dust... or maybe the "long shadows" casting an insane amount of long shadows for every single bush out there.. :\ I remember someone saying dynamic shadows are CPU heavy.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. No subject Apr 16, 2015, 09:36 Quinn

Blue wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 07:38:
7. Grand Theft Auto V

I basically made the decision to buy the GTX 980 because of GTAV

What I meant with my post was if there are any "older" games that are performance heavy so I can replay them with better graphics. It's a part of the awesomeness of getting new hardware, don't you think? ^^

My thread title could be a tad confusing..

Anyway! Thanks for the tip nonetheless!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
89. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 16, 2015, 09:24 Quinn

There's a slight texture popping issue here too but hardly worth mentioning. What is worth mentioning is how crappy anistrophic filtering seems to work. When I first unlocked Trevor and I was chasing guys in a van over sandy roads, I could literally see a SQUARE around my vehicle where the textures were sharp, a square outside that square where textures were less sharp, and another square outside that square further away. It was almost like a spotlight was following me. I know that's not my card, of course, but it looked like shit.

In contrast of that, I was absolutely AMAZED by how fantastic the game looked when suddenly it started raining and thundering like mad. I can honestly say that I have never yet seen a game look this good in such a setting, all at 60fps. It was A-MA-ZING. I cannot express it enough.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
118. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Apr 16, 2015, 03:44 Quinn

Vall Forran wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 03:39:
Not that anyone is ever gonna read this again, because "rage @ other games!", but I found the workaround to the bug. It's your boots. Once you get boots with +speed, it fucks your party up. The guy moving slowly? Open inventory, unequip his boots, then re-equip them. Go back to the game and slow guy will be fixed. Until it happens again. Stupid bug.

I'm still reading, mate No matter how old the post, I'll read it when a new message is written in it. All thanks to this being being one of my bookmarks/quick-links.

Regarding Pillars of Eternity: I was very excited when I first played it, and I enjoyed it for about 20 hours until I realized the story just never really gets off the ground enough. At some point, I just didn't feel like starting up the game anymore. It's dead to me now and has been for a few weeks already.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. No subject Apr 16, 2015, 03:40 Quinn

6. Lords of the Fallen.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1. Performance heavy games of late? Apr 16, 2015, 03:38 Quinn

With my new MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING (I just have to write it out in full, because I'm proud xD) I would love to get back to some older 2013/2014/2015 games that are performance heavy and that I couldn't run maxed out on my former card.

Can you help me come up with them? This is the list I have so far:

1. Tomb Raider (TR);
2. Metro 2033;
3. Metro Last Light;
4. Dragon Age: Inquisition;
5. Assassins Creed Unity.

That's all I can come up with. I'm shamefully mindblank. Via Google I found some really weird search results.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1664 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo