Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1984 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2015, 15:36 Quinn

Well, the video reviews I've seen so far have nothing wrong with them. So far, it's a definite buy after I'm done with my second playthrough of DA:I.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Luck Video
20. Re: Fallout 4 Luck Video Oct 22, 2015, 13:11 Quinn

If it's Fallout 3 with slightly better graphics, I'm disappointed, but I'm sure I'll have fun. If it's that, plus an actually immersive story that takes 20+ hours to complete, I'm stunned and in love. If it's that, plus good companions, done similarly like Bioware's games, it'll prolly br my GOTY. If it's like that and the romances are good, too, I'll prolly talk about it forever.

I'm just afraid it won't be that game. I am afraid it will fail at the story. Hard. As always.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Luck Video
18. Re: Fallout 4 Luck Video Oct 22, 2015, 07:02 Quinn

Can't wait for this. I finally got myself a backlog, though! About time... I'm 30 years old ffs. Replaying DA:I now, with all "expansions" (Circle Mage is the way to play, btw. Best suited for the story setting). I'm also greatly looking forward to playing Sword Coast Legends. Maybe... Just maybe... Fallout 4 has to wait for a bit.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Launches
25. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 16:03 Quinn

Fion wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 16:00:
Nothing wrong with an ARPG, but D&D is not an ARPG. I hate when companies say they are going to make a D&D game and what we get is a Diablo clone that only resembles D&D in the name of the classes & powers.

All I can think of while I'm reading this back and forth shite, is: It's Forgotten Realms, of D&D. It's not pen&paper D&D. It's a game in the world of the Forgotten Realms. Get a fucking chill-pill.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Launches
8. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 10:55 Quinn

harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 09:56:
i dont believe it, also if its not important at launch it means this game focuses on the wrong shit altogether... cheap cash in, as i have thought since the beginning

d&d pedigree is not nearly what it once was

Hmm do speak for yourself, because if this lack in MP features is an indication that SP had most development time and love put into it, I am one hell of a happy chap. To me, in that case, they've focused on all the right shit.

Looking forward to the first review wave before I buy. I'm a Forgotten Realms maniac, but the SP experience has to be very good.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Raven's Cry Renamed; Rerelease Plans
9. Re: Raven's Cry Renamed; Rerelease Plans Oct 19, 2015, 13:23 Quinn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 13:02:
It's a bummer this game sucks so badly. I've been looking for a really good pirate simulator.

Risen 3 has a lot of pirate influences. Plus... IMO it's one of the most charming, immersive and entertaining games in the last 5 years.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Raven's Cry Renamed; Rerelease Plans
6. Re: Raven's Cry Renamed; Rerelease Plans Oct 19, 2015, 12:15 Quinn

120 minutes of cinematics?!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
38. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 16, 2015, 17:17 Quinn

Played the beta too. Nothing new. Just a (very basic) multiplayer shooter in a Star Wars setting.

Then again, that's Star Wars' curse: the reputation. Any movie or game can be basic and shitty. As long as that title is attached to it, it sells.

Star Wars stuff has been horrid shite since after the oldest 2 movies, with the obvious exception of Bioware's 2 single player RPGs.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed
19. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 14, 2015, 10:56 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 19:17:
Quinn wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:32:
So the expansion doesn't happen after the main quest? Hmm, bummer. Did they still somehow manage to include romances? I'm not just talking about sex, but the actual romantic shit with Triss or Yen.

possible with [secret: Shani]

Only her? :\ Too bad, but good for those gamers.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed
16. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 18:32 Quinn

So the expansion doesn't happen after the main quest? Hmm, bummer. Did they still somehow manage to include romances? I'm not just talking about sex, but the actual romantic shit with Triss or Yen.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds
14. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds Oct 12, 2015, 17:06 Quinn

Ubisoft is giving people a full refund and/or free game for the (imo) minor issue of the CE not having a physical disc. If anyone is pathetic in this reality, it's the customer. Not Ubisoft. I really don't get the hatred. They compensate greatly for people who are obviously stuck in the past. Face it, folks: MTV is no longer a music channel, Ozzie became an actor, and game discs gave way to digital downloads.

Instead of reminding those people of the harsh reality of change, they offer free games instead! They act like too sweet parents who give their whining child an icecream just so they would STFU.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2015, 21:58 Quinn

Cannot disagree more regarding the GTAV storyline. I didn't feel involved or immersed at any time. It was one big stupid comedy, with no sense of threat whatsoever. At the end, the story surprised me when the "antagonists" were revealed. So fucking mediocre. When the credits rolled, I was stunned. I thought the story was still taking off -- it was that full of light, mediocre shit.

I liked GTAIV's story.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Strength Video
14. Re: Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Strength Video Sep 11, 2015, 04:35 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 04:06:
After rereading your original post, it appears you may not be aware of how the perk system works in FO4. They basically replaced skills with Skyrim's perk system. When you level up, you can buy/upgrade perks which give you unique actives or passives. So there is still character progression, it just isn't the same system as in the previous games.

Maybe I'm simply not as hardcore, but I think this is a good thing. I couldn't be arsed to do research on what stats I needed to upgrade in order to unlock certain perks. I'll like this more. I say this because I'm pretty confident that, although all we have is just S.P.E.C.I.A.L., the game will be stuffed with unlockable perks -- enough for any type of playstyle.

At least I'm certain all the good and fun perks are there for me to build my usual Fallout character: Something like a spec-op. High stealth skills (sneaking, lockpicking, hacking) and high-accuracy, low rate-of-fire rifles.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
15. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 9, 2015, 10:45 Quinn

Wilson! wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 07:56:
The content is fine, your attention span is the problem. If you try to play the game instead of just wandering around checking off things like you're playing a shitty MMO then you will probably enjoy it a lot more. I am wasting my time even suggesting it though. The only real issue with the game is their level system needed a bit more XP between levels, already fixed by mods.

I agree, that's the way it should be played. But I realize that I cannot do that anymore with the busy life I'm living. There are only a few and far in between cases where I am enough "at rest", mentally, to completely immerse myself into a game to forget I'm playing a game. Otherwise, I do see it as a game and I tend to search for patterns and the most efficient way to be a completionist.

For those people like me, TW3 was both pleasure and torture.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 9, 2015, 06:30 Quinn

While I think TW3 indeed had such a thing as too much content, I'm excited about the expansions. There's never too much content if the content is main-plot material.

I hope they take the player's TW3 ending into account. Will my Geralt be called to action after a short prologue, waking up next to Triss?

Anyway first I'll replay DAI with all its expansions. After that expansion #2 will be out for TW3, which will call for a proper replay.

I hope CDP is the vanguard of a new era where bs DLCs are history, and good old EXPANSIONS come back.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

PC Gaming > Life is Strange
6. Re: Life is Strange Sep 8, 2015, 16:51 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 16:40:
So what do you think now Quinn?

I got to the point where it all turned Butterfly Effect. I stopped an hour or two after that cliffhanger because I realized the last episode wasn't out yet!? So I'll pick it up later again for the sake of continuity.

While the story is interesting, I'm honestly having a hard time with our naive protagonist. At some point I got really annoyed with the childish way she describes shit you observe, up to a point where I really just wanted to stop interacting with anything that wasn't directly related to the story.

I do like the game and thank you for recommending it, but it's incomparable with The Witcher 3 and I therefore can't understand how LIS and TW3 are the 2 games competing for your GOTY medal. I keep "hearing" you say that LIS is so much more visceral... and I still think that was a peculiar choice of words EDIT: And after a Google Translate I just did, that's completely my own fault, haha! English isn't my main language and I thought "visceral" meant something else. Let's just say I thought that the game was gonna get action packed and even gory. Must be because of those reviewers describing combat in games as being really visceral.

Ffs.. So apparently I stepped into LIS with completely different expectations. I kept waiting for the game to suddenly turn into this macabre and totally different thing, like in some of those Quentin Tarantino movies.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2015, 17:02.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
5. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 12:23 Quinn

...............do?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Leaked Beta Arkham Knight Patch Shows Improvements
8. Re: Leaked Beta Arkham Knight Patch Shows Improvements Sep 4, 2015, 09:03 Quinn

Wookiestick wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 22:31:
It's now officially released and available to download.

No time due to Mad Max which I'm very much enjoying, but this news is GOOD! I'm happy I suddenly just stopped playing Arkham Knight without finishing it yet. The mystery still of how the story will end gives great replayability, and I'll definitely start a new game to enjoy the game with better performance.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2015, 17:37 Quinn

I absolutely love Mad Max so far, Cutter. It's visceral. Brutal. It's really... Mad Max. They did a splendid job with the vehicle combat (although I feel Max should have the ability to board other vehicles and I'm not sure if that's possible at some point) and the combat on the ground is kinda like the Arkham games, but you're obviously no superhero and that's apparant and extremely well done.

I can imagine the game will get boring at some point, but I'm still unlocking one of the first Max and Vehicle upgrades I'm not even close to being bored yet.

Also, I unlocked a leather jacket + long hair & long beard look, which somehow gave me a much closer connection with Max. Awesome.

Love it so much atm that I'm pissed at the fact I have a busy weekend...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
9. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 11:23 Quinn

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:07:
I'd like to give this game a shot.. but MGS V is going to take all my time.. with Rocket League being my "quick fix" game in between.

I don't think this was a good timing release idea on the Mad Max teams part.

Well, MGS5 is a weird and special kind of newborn. I throw up in my mouth every time I just hear the title "metal gear solid", but watching the trailers of MGS5 I am thoroughly impressed. Never enough for a buy, though -- I am completely and utterly detached from the lore and story. It's a shame this isn't just a new IP.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1984 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo