Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1433 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 to Include a Second Playable Character
17. Re: The Witcher 3 to Include a Second Playable Character Dec 8, 2014, 13:30 Quinn

A second playing character? And I felt like they already were overambitious.

Also, this just in: The Witcher 3 is being delayed to May! Noooooooo!!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
47. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 13:23 Quinn

Fion wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 13:15:

On the original topic, the only zone to do the 'mindless MMO fetch/kill/fedex' quests is the first open zone, Hinterlands. I personally think Bioware did that because you return to Hinterlands quite frequently throughout the game to gather herbs and quickly build Inquisition Points. It's the 'hub' of the early game so to speak and other open zones have far less generic quests besides maybe the 'shards' stuff but they have a use.

Don't forget that DA:I started out as an MMO, until they changed their minds early on. I find it easy and plausible to think The Hinterlands is a remnant of that bad start.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 13:09 Quinn

Frijoles wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:36:
How's the combat for non-archer classes? The combat for my archer is horrible. I barely even have to face the direction of a mob to shoot them. The combat is worse than an MMO, and the quests I've seen are the same (although I've read that's because I'm in the starter area). I played for a few hours and was bored out of my mind. I'm wondering if it's just that the archer class is shit.

Early on, you get to an important choice where you have to choose between 2 factions. You can't start that quest soon enough! After what happens then, the game before that felt like a tutorial; like some sort of prologue. After that, feel free to be a completionist. You won't skip or miss out on anything if you just do that important quest asap. Also, if you want to know what the game has in store for you apart from crappy-crap Hinterlands, go to Crestwood!

My favorite class is the Warrior tank. I think it's the most diverse. You line up the enemies to charge through them; you find the right position to taunt, making sure you reach most enemies; you shieldbash after your mage freezes them; you actively block and counter-attack (takes skill in relation to the rest of the combat). Also, IMO the protagonist... the "INQUISITOR!" needs to be a knight in shining armor =P

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

35. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 12:13 Quinn

Verno wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:09:
Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:02:
I don't have a source either just what I observe in the forum chatter. People certainly talk about it, mainly negative, but I don't see many saying "Bioware games are awesome, and romance options are one of the biggest reasons."

Hell your source is this thread, several of us piped up that we don't care for the romance silliness

This pit of bitter, old men hardly represents the entire gaming community.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 12:10 Quinn

Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:02:
Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:55:
Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:51:
Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:47:
WaltC wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:18:
I find it disturbing because nothing is more boring to me than cartoon, pretend romances in a 3d RPG. Hopefully, this is something that can be easily bypassed completely. Ugh. Dime romance novels are everywhere...not needed inside 3d games, too.

To many, games/RPGs are about immersion; becoming the character. Some of us surely know how it feels to fall in love and/or to show affection to someone and getting it back. This is probably the same reason why it's so popular in these Bioware games. When you find out that beyond that armor and stern look, there's a hopeless romantic woman who's afraid to get heartbroken... it's just awesome that you are the Inquisitor, savior of the world, and make time to buy flowers and read up on poetry to sweep her off her feet.

Nothing wrong with romantic relationships in these Bioware games. If you can't understand why people like it, it says more about you than about those people.

All based on the wrong assumption it's "so popular in these Bioware games". It's not.

I admit, I can't proof that it's popular. All I know is that I like it, my friends like it, and in most forum posts I've read about it people like it. Where's your source that claims that it's not? This is an honest inquiry btw.

Btw, about the gay stuff.. I think it's obvious they are selling a moral highground with it. That's fine, I guess, but like your friends basically claims... I don't think it's necessary anymore. Only radical zealots or plain dumb idiots don't accept gays yet. Why try changing those minds? I can understand it would feel demeaning to actual gay people somehow. What I don't get either is why right about every freaking companion is either gay or bisexual. Point taken. Complete overkill.

I don't have a source either Quinn, just what I observe in the forum chatter. People certainly talk about it, mainly negative, but I don't see many saying "Bioware games are awesome, and romance options are one of the biggest reasons."

Of course you don't see many say that. That would be silly. In the end it all depends on the person playing it. Some people just wanna kick dragon ass, and that's perfectly fine -- the game allows you to ignore romance and just kick dragon ass! And then there's the kinda person that watches TV-shows and whispers under his breath "Come on, just kiss her! Now it's the time!" as he discretely wipes away a tear so his wife won't see. Those people want romance in their heroic story

My character is now officially with Cassandra. If an NPC is being an asshole to her, he's in trouble. Wouldn't miss the feature for the world =D

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 11:55 Quinn

Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:51:
Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:47:
I find it disturbing because nothing is more boring to me than cartoon, pretend romances in a 3d RPG. Hopefully, this is something that can be easily bypassed completely. Ugh. Dime romance novels are everywhere...not needed inside 3d games, too.

To many, games/RPGs are about immersion; becoming the character. Some of us surely know how it feels to fall in love and/or to show affection to someone and getting it back. This is probably the same reason why it's so popular in these Bioware games. When you find out that beyond that armor and stern look, there's a hopeless romantic woman who's afraid to get heartbroken... it's just awesome that you are the Inquisitor, savior of the world, and make time to buy flowers and read up on poetry to sweep her off her feet.

Nothing wrong with romantic relationships in these Bioware games. If you can't understand why people like it, it says more about you than about those people.

All based on the wrong assumption it's "so popular in these Bioware games". It's not.

I admit, I can't proof that it's popular. All I know is that I like it, my friends like it, and in most forum posts I've read about it people like it. Where's your source that claims that it's not? This is an honest inquiry btw.

Btw, about the gay stuff.. I think it's obvious they are selling a moral highground with it. That's fine, I guess, but like your friends basically claims... I don't think it's necessary anymore. Only radical zealots or plain dumb idiots don't accept gays yet. Why try changing those minds? I can understand it would feel demeaning to actual gay people somehow. What I don't get either is why right about every freaking companion is either gay or bisexual. Point taken. Complete overkill.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 11:47 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 10:47 Quinn

Sho wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 10:22:
What's the verdict on this game? I kind of didn't pay attention.

The game is phenomenal. It gives you a great sense of importance, and that in a game that's just huge in scale makes the overall experience truly epic. You're not a hero trying to save a princess in a tower -- basically the entire world has to be saved by you, the leader of the Inquisition.

Lorewise you're getting absolutely pummeled. In a good way, if you like it. There's books and other POI's EVERYWHERE.

Combat is a mix of Dragon Age 1 and 2. I love it, until micromanagement gets involved. Personally I don't like how the tactical camera works. It's too zoomed in and doesn't feel responsive enough to me somehow. Play on Normal, and you'll hardly need to micromanage.

There's so much to do and explore that the completionist in you will be haunting you constantly. Multiple HUGE zones are available to open up at the same, all of them having TONS of quests. For completionists it will be hard to do the main quests knowing there's so much other sub-stuff to do. It's a great thing and a daunting thing at the same time. There is just so. fucking. MUCH to do, everywhere!

Romance is taken to a new level, I think. The start of a romance isn't kicked off and ended with sex. It's getting official earlier, building up slowly. It starts with flirting, then holding hands, then affirmation, etc etc. Neither is sex the endgoal.

I'm insanely possitive about this game. My friends and I feel the same way, and one thing we all share: We can't let go of the game in real life. To us, it's revolutionary good.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
48. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 8, 2014, 08:05 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 07:17:
Unhinged from reality. 'bullying' lol. It's one thing to be enthusiastic about the game, its another to sound like a weird PR flunkie. There is nothing wrong with pointing out how childish the comment was and giving Squirmer a grounded point of view. Don't like it? Don't care.

Good show, you edited your comment. =)

Ooohh that "SHILLLL!!" nonsense every time someone shows strong enthousiasm about a game has gotten tired a long time ago and now it's just getting dead. Squirmer got a grounded point by both our views, and every other view expressed on this board. There's no reason for your attempt to patronize others who don't share your opinion or are, in your view, too enthousiastic.

PS: You're strange, too. *pouts*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

46. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 8, 2014, 07:23 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 07:17:
Unhinged from reality. If you stop making dumb posts, people will stop calling you out on them, 'bullying' lol.

Again with your asshole insults. You're clearly a pissed off guy. "Dumb posts". Care to elaborate?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 06:58 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 04:48:
shihonage wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 04:41:
No really, Skyrim is ankle-deep. You can finish the game, go around talk to NPCs, and they'll treat you like nothing happened. There are far too few choice&consequence checks, and the world isn't really reactive in any meaningful way.

Bethesda doesn't know how to do any better. Fallout 3's world reactivity was a pale shadow of Fallout 1 and 2. It too was an ankle-deep game, using the same engine no less.

We live in an age where publishes combine genres to appease everyone. That's how you get clumsy realtime first-person combat in your RPGs (Skyrim) and have to skin boars to get a second weapon slot in your FPSs (Far Cry).

That's why Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs are essentially the same game.

IQs dropped sharply enough in the past decade for people to stop distinguishing between a world which reacts to player agency, and a mere walking simulator.

For the most part, what we have today is walking simulators, all merging into this omni-genre of mass consumption. They're no longer games, but spreadsheets in 3D clothing, stamped out one after another off a conveyor belt.

All of them about "epic" bombastic adventures, where you stumble upon hundreds of programmer-written, autistic NPCs who drone on about garrisons, defenses and politics in a manner that makes The Phantom Menace look well-written.

The dream of translating pen&paper reactive worlds into computer form has died a long time ago. Now the big publishers only make extroverts' games. All flash, all nauseatingly "epic", taking place in railroaded and dead worlds.

Dark have been my dreams of late.

The lack of reactivity is what makes me really sour about Open World games nowdays as well Farcry 2/3/4 are all the same game... Dragon Age Inquisition also has this problem, and is nearly like a slightly more focused Skyrim in that regard... at least some stuff really does happen in the world. But reactivity... the army that is supposed to ravage the lands is always nothing but a phantom and nobody really cares about it until it stands right in front of your door, quite literally, twice even.

Argh, mate... be careful of spoilers next time! Now I know Skyhold will get sieged. I kinda expected it would happen, but not knowing for sure is what makes it interesting.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 8, 2014, 06:19 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 23:17:
Squirmer wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:21:
Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:17:
DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too.
Are you being serious.

He might be serious but that exaggeration is bordering on childlike and absurd.

"He might be serious ..." What the heck are you on about? I'm extremely enthousiastic about the game. To me, it's the best thing that happened to the gaming industry in a decade or more. Is this an exaggeration that's bordering on childlike and absurd? First of all, it might be an exaggeration from your point of view because you obviously don't feel as much for the game, but it's no exaggeration to me. Second of all, stop trollin'. You can only get away with that kinda bullying bullshit because you see it all over the place on this board. Doesn't make it any more charming or friendly. In fact, trying to provoke me like you do constantly is bordering on childlike and absurd. =)

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

39. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 15:36 Quinn

HorrorScope, if you ask me.. Comparing Mordor with Inquisition is like comparing a ramshackle house with an Orlesian villa. Dragon Age has so much more time and PASSION put into it I can't even try to express it with words. I honestly think that people who would argue otherwise just haven't played DA:I (past Hinterlands) yet. To me, the game is that revolutionary; that life-changing. I repeat: My friends and I feel the same way -- we cant let go of the game in real life; it's so insanely good it fucking haunts our damn dreams, lol  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

31. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 08:14 Quinn

Squirmer wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:21:
Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:17:
DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too.
Are you being serious.

?

Do you like hiking?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

28. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 06:17 Quinn

Warskull wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 03:29:
Saboth wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 13:05:
Kobalt wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 12:42:
It's hard to take a award show seriously when it's possible for something that's been out for less then month to win. And useless categories like most anticipated..

That's what I was thinking. Nintendo is developer of the year? Destiny is the best online experience? lol. DA:I certainly sounds like a decent game, but many people are saying it still fell short of the hype, and it is merely "pretty good". That doesn't sound like GotY material to me.
Sounds more like an AAA developer paying someone to be GotY.

Nintendo is one of the ones they got right. Nintendo had an amazing year. Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, DKC:Tropical Freeze, another Pokemon game, Kirby Triple:Deluxe. Plus you have their collaborations like Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo had a great year.

Destiny being the best online experience is an absolute joke. The game's online play was broken.

Dragon Age: Inquisition just shows the people selecting the awards were clearly not qualified. Dragon Age was the best megapublisher game of the year. Between EA, Square-Enix, Ubisoft, and Activision it was the best. However it was still only above average. It was the easy familiar pick for people who had no real knowledge of gaming. They clearly didn't play Bayonetta 2 or Dark Souls 2. Really DA:I was the least worthy of the award from the nominees.

Look at the people they have picking the awards and it will make sense.

http://thegameawards.com/jury-and-advisors/

A decent chunk of them aren't gamers.

You clearly haven't played DA:I nor have any fucking clue what the "hype" was like.

DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too. There's insane much ground to explore -- truly the scope of a damn MMO! -- and you can even play king by sentencing criminals which nobody asked for but its so fucking epic. DA:I is all kinds of awesome. My friends tell me they xan't let go of the game while they're not playing it -- it's so good that it will fucking HAUNT your real life and dreams!

Yup, DAI made me a fanboy and it's oh so clear that you just haven't played the damn game. Love and passion is put into this game, unlike DA2, and you're an incredelous fool if you can't see that.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 23:31 Quinn

Good to see DAI is GOTY. Game of the Decade if you ask me. The game is a whole new level of phenomenal.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
31. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 18:23 Quinn

Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:29:
gravity wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:24:
Right, but that was what I was inferring - although I'm using a gamepad, if I 'lock' and 'fire..' (which I assume is the same mechanic, albeit with different buttons to push on a KB/M), he closes in even from a distance.

Is it really different when doing the same 'function' between KB/M? It shouldn't be. That would be a huge flaw in the design.

I'm not even sure what you mean by lock, if you mean have the enemy selected (another issue, tiny selection zones for clicking things in this game) then yes I've done that and it doesn't remedy the problem I was describing.

Just hold R (default attack) + W (default forward) and your character will always close any gap between them and the enemy you're facing. Fact. Plus it feels badass. No complaints from this here tank. Guess you just didn't know, Verno. Now you do. Took me an hour to find out, too, as I was cussing the air I was hitting continuously.

Another thing I found out later as I was too lazy to move my cursor to every damned object to interact with it, is that if you just press default F when standing near the objects, it has the same result. Took away an irrational portion of frustration.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 15:24 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:13:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 13:51:
WTF!? Arkham Asylum was brilliant. Arkham City went a little over board with the gadgets... this is, absurd. Rocksteady has jumped the shark, too bad, the melee combat they introduced in the original game was one of the best to ever grace a video game.... and now... fuck!,,, RIP Batman.

It's a teaser trailer with no gameplay footage. A bit early to get into hysterics and declare both a developer and a character dead, no?

Well it's basically the Mako gameplay of ME2. Unnecessary.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 02:26 Quinn

I wonder how they can still keep Batman from killing punks, now that he has a tank. In other games, ledges had invisible walls for enemies in case you normally would have KO'ed them off a highrise building. What happens now, when you shoot a bomb in an enemy's face or run him over?

These goddamn tanks. Nobody asked for this. Batman doesn't need a tank to be awesome.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming Dec 1, 2014, 18:00 Quinn

shihonage wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 16:50:
It's a new engine only in the sense that Skyrim used a new engine. In other news, old engine with a sloppy coat of new paint.

I only care about campaigns in these games, because their MP experiences are shallow, twitchy imitations of better, deeper games.

With that in mind, I just wasted money on AW after reading all the positive reviews about its campaign. Then I acquired Ghosts, which was universally panned, and immediately its campaign is beating the AW campaign like a redheaded stepchild.

AW's levels have no rhyme or reason. It's just environments with enemies plonked in randomly - enemies you can't often even see. The suits provide no protection against bullets, and enemy placement is FUBAR, so the gameplay reduces you to a sitting, cowering duck playing popamole.

Ghosts, on the other hand, has the proper pacing, level design, and just plain superior writing. It can make you care, and it can make you feel like a badass. And, amazingly, their levels, with older version of the engine, look fucking BETTER. This is the better COD that I remember from COD4 days.

Never trusting reviewers again.

I would have said the exact same thing you said at the end of your comment if you were an official reviewer and wrote that shit. In my opinion, Ghost was the worst fucking CoD out there. Not a second did I feel like a Ghost member on did the game give the Ghosts a sense of the reputation they were credited in the introduction movie. That game was bland shit. AW was a good change of pace and personally I have nl fucking clue what you mean with the enemy placement/spotting complaint. Dunno, maybe you need a stronger pair of glasses?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1433 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo