Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1737 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
17. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 04:49 Quinn

Heya guys, I left my impressions on The Witcher 3 in the NVidia patch topic.

As for GTAV, well.. I've expressed it before: I was underwhelmed, by both the campaign and Online. The campaign was just crazy nonsense with 3 Trevors, with one of them being more expressive with his insanity. There was no sense of danger, no real antagonist, no sense of importance -- nothing. Online is a loading screen and a freemode that should bore the hell out of anyone within 2 hours total.

El Pit wrote on May 19, 2015, 03:08:
Limited keybindings, no strafing, a "season pass" (1st time for a Witcher game, right?), consolitis... Ok, I'll buy it when the complete, fixed game goes on sale.

Please.. just.. please, shut up. I cannot control my inner rage-beast with fucking bullshit comments like these.

The SEASON PASS isn't for the 16 upcoming DLC's you'll get free anyway. It's for 2 HUGE EXPANSIONS that are in development. You remember those? Expansions? You do? Great. THOSE you get with the season pass.

Oh, and also.. every reviewer confirms that the campaign is 100+ hours large so again.. please, just shut up with your "I'll buy it when it's complete".

*counts to ten before he slaps a colleague*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
53. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 04:36 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 04:00:
Yo! Thanks for that Quinn, keep it coming. Got some info on the combat? Is it fun or a pain?

I trained a bit with Veremir and fought 5 ghouls but that's it. In combat mode, Geralt does feel responsive. I was used to TW2 combat, so at first I was slashing air because I expected Geralt to close the gap between himself and his target. He still does this to some extent, but you do have to close the gaps manually yourself more than in TW2. The signs/magic feel more responsive albeit simplified too. Aard is like "Force Push" in an arc in front of you, knocking enemies back and off-balance. Igni is a gush of fire in an arc in front of you. Axii now simply stuns the targeted enemy. Yrden creates a temporary, rather large AoE that slows enemies that enter it. The shielding sign (forgot the name) works the same as in TW2, although the animation has way less of a "fuck yeah now I'm shielded!" (see latest Night to Remember cinematic to know what I mean) vibe .. which I found really disappointing.

You do light attacks with the left MB. Strong attacks with shift+left MB. You parry with right MB. You can hold right MB to play it safe, or tap it at the right time in order to do a counter-attack. This feels really nice.

With ALT + direction key you dodge. With SPACE + direction key you leaproll away.

You can focus on enemies using Z. Good for controllers, but with M/KB you own the shit out of the battleground without it I'm certain.

I haven't got the crossbow yet.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

51. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 03:45 Quinn

Blue, I can't seem to see or post in the comments section of "The Witcher 3 Released" topic!

Played the game the second it unlocked last night, but only for 45 minutes do to the early day today. The game looks fantastic though I can't seem to get a steady 60fps with everything on Ultra, even with my GTX980. Perhaps my CPU is the bottleneck now but I can't imagine this. It might be the NVidia Hairworks. A friend of mine with a 780Ti jumped from 35fps to 60fps once he turned that off, so I might need to try that.. although I don't want to, because... well, I have a fucking 980 -_-

The game looks absolutely amazing. I also like the combat! Geralt didn't feel all that responsive, though. I nearly ran off the mountain with him because somehow, he starts with a walking pace before he jumps into a run a second later. I think this is the control-stick feature (where you can tilt your stick a little to walk and more to start into a run) not properly translated into M/KB control. In an earlier review I read that they had problem controlling their horse to a point that it got them nowhere. They had to get off the horse and go by foot. Unfathomable! The horse controls absolutely amazing, and I'm in love with Roach XI.

So, yeah.. slightly disappointed that the game won't run at a constant 60fps with everything on Ultra but it still plays amazingly smooth (50fps average), and that's very remarkable considering the ABSOLUTE BEAUTY it paints on the monitor!

PS: I'll have to adjust the GPU Generated Frames setting in the NVidia Control Panel, I just remembered, to 3 instead of "Game Based". This can really boost the FPS if the CPU is indeed the bottleneck!

PPS: Sorry for this impromptu, messy little review. I'm at work, exhausted from last night and so busy that I shouldn't even allow myself on this page xD

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 03:50.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 16:38 Quinn

Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:08:
Quinn wrote on May 18, 2015, 15:00:
Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:53:
I might give this game a go. My brother has just had a hissy fit and is totally unwilling to play it because 3D Vision support for it is "Not Recommended". He keeps going on about how 3D Vision is the future and how ALL games should support it. Sadly very few seem to.

He's so very wrong. 3D Vision sucks. About 99% of the people I've ever met even fucking hate the 3D glasses cinema bullshit yet they keep trying to push it down our throat. Virtual Reality is the future? Sure, I can accept that. 3D Vision? Give me a fucking break and tell your brother to grow the fuck up.

While I agree with you, having had a 3D Vision monitor with the glasses myself, you should consider scaling down the tone in your reply a bit. I do this: Imagine you're standing in front of someone in person and are having the conversation - how does it sound best? I guess the answer to that depends on upbringing, education, cultural background, etc.

I agree. I was hungry, tired, and pissed off at work

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 15:00 Quinn

Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:53:
I might give this game a go. My brother has just had a hissy fit and is totally unwilling to play it because 3D Vision support for it is "Not Recommended". He keeps going on about how 3D Vision is the future and how ALL games should support it. Sadly very few seem to.

He's so very wrong. 3D Vision sucks. About 99% of the people I've ever met even fucking hate the 3D glasses cinema bullshit yet they keep trying to push it down our throat. Virtual Reality is the future? Sure, I can accept that. 3D Vision? Give me a fucking break and tell your brother to grow the fuck up.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
13. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 14:55 Quinn

I sometimes feel like I'm one of the few that really liked the last Doom. It was, however, one of the few games that was actually too long

I'm not excited by this reveal, because Doom doesn't trigger that nostalgia stuff that it does for others. To me, it's just a new FPS reveal and all I do is hope it'll be a good one.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 13:56 Quinn

Holy shit! The tweak guide on geforce.com can get the game looking close to the 2013 footage again =)  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 13:19 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:04:
Lord Tea wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:34:
jomisab wrote on May 18, 2015, 09:33:
Do these also restore the visual fidelity implied by the screenshots still on the Steam store page? Or the greater fidelity clearly evident in earlier gameplay trailers? lol...sorry, couldn't resist. I'm sure it's going to look amazing regardless.

I don't know about the drivers but the day-1 patch is said to bring back some of the quality of earlier trailers. Source (German)

There's no proof in that screenshot comparison they have there... It's just different lighting/time of day.

Also, those are 2 review builds and absolutely bullshit. How do I know for certain? The preview build didn't have that tree that partially blocks the view toward the church on the right. The review builds do.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 12:30 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:25:
qsto wrote on May 18, 2015, 10:36:
Anyhow, I fail to understand how new set of drivers could have anything to do with "marketing", please enlighten me.

Well in their own words they push their program of "Game Ready" which can only be found on NVidia products. Selling...

The Illuminati are behind this, and everything is a lie! Word.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 11:18 Quinn

nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 11:15:
qsto wrote on May 18, 2015, 10:36:
nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 08:52:
Hoping these'll fix the "ERR GFX D3D" GTA crashes as well...

Got around 100h of GTAV with 350.12 drivers on GTX980 clocked 1500/8000 and not a single crash the entire time, online and campaign.

That's great, but it doesn't help myself or the other people having the issue.

3 known solutions:

1. Overclock your card a little less;
2. Turn on Vsync;
3. Get Windows 8.1.

PS: You probably have me on ignore, so you will probably never see these solutions. Rolleyes

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 10:56 Quinn

nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 08:52:
Hoping these'll fix the "ERR GFX D3D" GTA crashes as well...

You still running Windows 7? I had this problem with my GTX 980 and had to tune down the overclocking a little. Now I have Windows 8.1, GTX 980 fully OC'ed and not a single crash anymore.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 17, 2015, 18:09 Quinn

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2015, 17:49:
Are you Witcher fans jacked for tomorrow night? Are you totes stoked?!

I did a dumb miscalculation in the days off I planned. Tuesday I'm working 9 to 5! It's goddamn wensday I'm off. So, yeah.. Tuesday I'll be at work reading all the comments on Blues about how fantastic (I hope!) the game is. Feel sorry for me, please.. xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
22. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 07:33 Quinn

Lord Tea wrote on May 17, 2015, 07:12:
Quinn wrote on May 17, 2015, 06:15:
I've heard nobody say they can't deal with the graphics -- people are just pointing out it looks downgraded.

I'm unsure if these graphics are from maxed out graphic settings or just 5K settings. Hell, the footage you can watch right now from reviewers on the PS4 looks better than this so something is off with this source.

1) So you think they purposely downgraded the graphics for the release version only to re-upgrade them later? Sounds very unlikely to me. Judging from what I've seen so far the PC version is identical with the PS4 version except for the higher refresh rate.

2) I speak German and according to the article these screenshots were taken on a high-end PC with a heavily overclocked GTX Titan (non-X) at highest detail settings.

1. Some people commented here saying that they don't care much for the downgraded graphics as long as the gameplay is good. To me, it felt like they said it in a way as in to say the other people in this thread were saying something else. I merely felt like making clear that all the others were merely stating the obvious -- that it looks downgraded -- but that they weren't saying the couldn't deal with downgraded graphics.

2. That's pretty scary, then. But still, is the source reliable? How did they get their hands on the PC version? It isn't out yet and AFAIK CDProjekt didn't release any review builds of the PC version.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
20. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 06:15 Quinn

I've heard nobody say they can't deal with the graphics -- people are just pointing out it looks downgraded.

I'm unsure if these graphics are from maxed out graphic settings or just 5K settings. Hell, the footage you can watch right now from reviewers on the PS4 looks better than this so something is off with this source.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
31. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 06:14 Quinn

Krovven wrote on May 15, 2015, 05:28:
Alamar wrote on May 15, 2015, 01:01:
Apparently the bite from the trailer is represented in Witcher 2...

Here...

I don't think that was a reference to the event in this video. He is older now than when he got that bite. Unless I'm missing something in the timeline.

I think the devs just used old Geralt because it's still first and foremost a trailer for TW3. As mentioned earlier, the first book the game series is based on is The Last Wish, and in it he fights a bruxa like this. Everything that happened in it was prior to the game's timeline.

For The Witcher 1 they had a cinematic trailer of Geralt fighting a striga, which is the first battle in The Last Wish.

ItBurn wrote on May 15, 2015, 04:12:
Well, this was amazing. Not sure it beats the Witcher 2 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kCGw_64Osc

They made that trailer later, due to the complaints that people had no idea what was going on in the main story. For story telling purposes it was somehow really important to see/know that the assassin killed another king before he killed Foltest. Oh, and IMO this new trailer looks even better than TW2's. =)

This comment was edited on May 15, 2015, 06:20.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
25. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 03:57 Quinn

Alamar wrote on May 15, 2015, 01:01:
Apparently the bite from the trailer is represented in Witcher 2...

Here...

Those are some nice pics and .gif videos in there. I got scared shitless so bad my dick nearly retracted into my body when I saw the .gif with the boat at sea -- it looked so horribly bad it's like I was watching some shite from 2002. I bet that's just the PS4 being the weak shit that it is but still... I hope that will look way better on PC!

shihonage wrote on May 15, 2015, 01:13:
Too bad they couldn't keep her hot throughout the whole fight. Had to go the whole "enemies have to look evil - for the kids - and we're afraid to dismember women because the combination of sex and violence gives us confused feelings" thing.

It makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. They look sexy in passive mode so they can catch anyone off guard, and in combat mode they have to look intimidating and scary so that even the best of fighters is reconsidering flight during the fight. But I read between your lines: You just wanted to see a naked chick.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
34. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 18:08 Quinn

Blizzard comes with this shite? It looks like one of those F2P garbage FPS' nobldy really gives a shit about.

Also.. A robot monk? A spiritual robot shooting lightning bolts? My goodness.

Uninspired shit is what I was looking at for 1 minute until I got bored. People who are actually being excited: I will never get you; I never want to get you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
53. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 13, 2015, 07:58 Quinn

I wasn't accusing you or anyone in particular. I just expressed my overall disagreement to the fact that many think CD Projekt releases buggy and unstable games. I wasn't particularly democratic in my expression, and I do apologize for it. Tiny  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
51. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 13, 2015, 06:44 Quinn

Redmask wrote on May 13, 2015, 06:04:
Quinn wrote on May 13, 2015, 05:11:
Read any patchnotes from most games and there'll be showstoppers in them for some people. There's nothing new to that. Did I play both games at day-one? Yes. Did I run into showstoppers? No, except for the crazy long loading time between interiors in Vizima in The Witcher 1.

You don't get to act indignant, you got what you deserved for that rude shit. No one gives a fuck what you saw, other people obviously did have problems as you readily admit by acknowledging that many other people talk about it. No one asked you to care about their problems either. You chose to insert yourself like a wart with your rude ass whining comment because you're an over eager little beaver with video games that you like, you did the same shit with Dragon Age. Your experiences are not everyone elses, grow up and stop thinking the world revolves around you.

I like CD Projekt games but claiming they do not ship buggy games is a fucking joke and calling other people whiners for even discussing it is some fanboy bullshit. That's my opinion, I don't care what yours is since I'm the one deciding whether or not to buy the game. Maybe people would actually give a shit what you thought if you didn't call them whiners at every opportunity.

You're one aggresive, self-rightious fucker aren't you? I wasn't saying, at all, that everybody who complained about instable crappiness was talking out of their arse for the sake of whining. There's always people experiencing nasty shit with no matter what game -- always! -- and I feel shite for them because I'm one of them and I know how it feels.

I had zero remarkable issues with the games. Zero. No input lag, no optimization issues, no CTD's, nothing. NOTHING! Do I therefore put to question the idea that CD Projekt releases instable shite? Yes, I do, and I explained that it's because of the irony that CD Projekt actually shows an incredible amount of support that I think some people draw a wrong conclusion.

Sure, there were people who experienced gamebreaking bugs, but I dare bet on my penis that some gamers just moan along, exclaiming like a broken record how they will wait for the Enhanced Edition because CD Projekt releases oh so instable games, while all they had was a clipping error.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2015, 07:00.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

49. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 13, 2015, 05:11 Quinn

Redmask wrote on May 12, 2015, 21:10:
Quinn wrote on May 12, 2015, 07:19:
I try to think of any remarkable bugs in The Witcher 2 at release and I can't think of any. Like The Witcher 1, there lacked some storytelling context which was added later, but gameplay bugs? People keep mentioning them -- all the time -- but I feel like some of you just repeat other people's words for whine's sake.

Go read the patch notes sometime, there were many show stoppers in both releases and I know because I played them and experienced several firsthand so fuck off with your 'whining' bullshit.

Reviews seem solid for the console versions but holding off for the PC, no review codes were sent out yet apparently.

Go fuck off yourself, kid. Read any patchnotes from most games and there'll be showstoppers in them for some people. There's nothing new to that. Did I play both games at day-one? Yes. Did I run into showstoppers? No, except for the crazy long loading time between interiors in Vizima in The Witcher 1. Yet CD Projekt has a name of releasing games instable or unfinished, and I say: "Fuck that." People maybe got that idea because of the unusual amount of support this developer delivers -- "Free enhanced editions? Oh! Then the games must've been unfinished shite at first!" Such a typical, poor fallacy.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1737 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo