Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1570 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 3, 2015, 19:46 Quinn

Good to see the nostalgia-goggles have finally been put off.

Like I said in an earlier thread.. I no longer have the urge to return to PoEt. Despite many claiming the writing is oh so good, the story is the main reason I lost interest. I heard someone say the game plays like a book, and I think the book just sucks. Lets not begin about the combat.

This overrated, hype infested let-down got me playing ESO again and I'll soon start up D:OS again. At least that game feels more... Honest, less pretentious. Despite its crappy writing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - theHunter- Primal
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - theHunter- Primal Apr 1, 2015, 14:08 Quinn

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 06:22:
Another game released with bugs galore. What is wrong with developers these days that can't even bother to fix glaring game breaking errors before release?

It could be a decent game if they fixed it, but as it is, it is a POS.

What's wrong with it? Two glaring words: EARLY. ACCESS.

Developers lose motivation in actually putting their blood and sweat in fulfilling a promise, when that mere promise alone already got them their new car and bigger house.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 14:16.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 14:04 Quinn

Well, yonder, it's not *that* bad. Plus I seriously loved Alpha Protocol.

Still at work, and not looking forward to playing PoEt anymore. With all the complaining about PoEt that finally and rightfully awakened in this thread, I realize it's not the bugs or combat system that make me feel this way. It really is chapter 2 (that fuuucking boooring city) and now the knowledge that chapter 3 will have a goddamn city too -- with even longer loading times! In short: I lost interest in the story and main campaign. Too little interesting development in it after too much time.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2015, 13:24 Quinn

Hahaha LMAO XD Good one!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 12:17 Quinn

Verno wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 12:03:
No real problems with the combat system so far *snip*

My priest uses a gun, and not because I'm roleplaying he's Christian Bale.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 11:55 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 11:27:
That load time issue gets MUCH worse later on, there is an ENTIRE second city in act 3... I stopped playing for now ^^

I can't really criticize it yet, fully, but from the pure mechanics I don't much like this combat system AT ALL. I guess I do like the engagement system which allows blocking paths, but I hate the spell system and the talents.. the short durations on everything. I want spells that last longer than 4 seconds (I hated that in DnD alread) and worse is Druids shapeshift only works for 15 seconds.. sigh.

I don't like the combat system either. Again: MY PRIEST IS HOLDING A FUCKING GUN! And so does my wizard, support tank and bard-guy. Yes, the path-blocking is nice but it also seems like the only way for a tank to keep the "aggro". There's no taunt ability, which makes the whole "Into the Fray" skill useless (it pulls enemies toward you, but they blankly walk back to their previous target anyway). There's also no "FUCK YEAH!" feeling rushing through me when I level up. I mean.. no "FUCK YEAH!" feeling when leveling up? That's just shit.

I do enjoy the game. I do. I do. But it's kind of telling that the most interesting thing PoEt did for me, was urging me back to D:OS.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 11:11 Quinn

I love the game, but I'm stunned how we are all uncharacteristically devoid of any real criticism on this game.

1: Balancing. I ended up giving my support tank and all casters GUNS! Why? Because guns trump all. "What would you prefer? A 2h Paladin or a Priest with a gun who can only use auto-attack?" Why, the priest of course!

2: Pathfinding and general AI. Motherfucker. I've had casters running through an entire army of Guls for... some reason, when I wasn't paying attention enough. And man, I had perfectly locked a doorway down with 2 tanks, only so one could open the gap by charging past the opening and into the fray. All goes perfectly fine, until that shit happens and my gunning clothies platoon gets zerged.

3: More personal --> Chapter 2. Dat city! It reminded me of the early city in The Witcher 1 when it wasn't patched yet, irrationally long loading screen after motherfucking loading screen as I walk in and out of houses and areas, going back and forth all the goddamn time because quests demand you too. I was *this* close to just quitting the game entirely. Luckily I was, at some point, wise enough to continue down the Endless Path for some pew-pew time. My throat was getting soar in the city, and my trigger-happy priest got frustrated.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 11:20.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
37. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 16:01 Quinn

Xero wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:38:
Alamar wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:37:
200+... I realize that's a selling point for a lot of people... But holy crap, even one quarter of that is too much for me... Unless the combat (where you spend most of the game) is amazing, anything over 20 hours starts to bore me... Add that to my inability to stick to one game at a time, I have a ton of half completed games...

My twin.

Typical console games are never over 20 hours. Just sayin'. I can't imagine 200+ is anything to complain about. If you know you get bored quickly or whatever --> do the main questline only.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 19:32 Quinn

born2expire wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:22:
As much as Im digging PoE no mention of the Ranger pet bug? I've already been forced to start over (from lvl 5) and had to kill my Ranger in my 2nd play through.

Want to elaborate on that bug? If everyone's like you in thinking the other automatically knows about the bug, no shit there's no mention of it.

Having a good time with the game, though I find Chapter 2 remarkably less interesting. I never really like cities too much in these games -- because of all the walls of text every fucking NPC has in store for you and sidequest after sidequest around every goddamn corner -- and I've spent this entire day running back and forth in one. Give me wilderness, caves, unexplored vistas. Screw cities.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
55. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 19:01 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 17:18:
Quinn wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 09:42:
Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 01:42:
nin wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:31:
Ouch. Do not double click equipment until this is patched. Drag and drop.

Damn, that's a really irritating bug... I think I may just wait with playing until the next patch is out.

Motherfucker! I realized my Fighter suddenly got weaker. Started missing a lot more. Found out I'm a victim of this gamebreaker. Fuck me...

WWhich sucks, as I notice you have A LOT of time in the game already.

Yeah, 16 hours by now! Haven't rerolled yet either. I'm a Fighter, and although he tanks fairly well, his damage output is mediocre. I haven't found a strong enough weapon yet, I guess. Still, it's bizarre.. I gave my second tank a bow and instead of between 2 and 10 damage he now does between 12 and 20. I wonder why my sword&shield class just can't seem to do any proper damage...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
47. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 09:42 Quinn

Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 01:42:
nin wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:31:
Ouch. Do not double click equipment until this is patched. Drag and drop.

Damn, that's a really irritating bug... I think I may just wait with playing until the next patch is out.

Motherfucker! I realized my Fighter suddenly got weaker. Started missing a lot more. Found out I'm a victim of this gamebreaker. Fuck me...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
111. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 05:40 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 17:21:
Quinn wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 16:52:
You all know it's not really 2D for starters yeah? Look at the loading screens, they betray it. It's all 3d rendered 2d or however you call it in jargon terms.

Yeah, like BG1, BG2, IWD1, IWD2, Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil...

What are you even trying to say here? IE games are not 2D, they are tile-based 2.5D which is the point when when making an IE style game

Only thing I currently have to complain is the absolutely abysmal loading times on an SSD and no proper pre-caching of areas. This game pushes unity engine clearly into some areas where that engine has major issues.

Then I got that wrong! I could have sworn that in some trailer or preview it was advertised that the backgrounds were all handcrafted, 2D backgrounds -- imagine my surprise when I saw the loading screenshots of the areas obviously in 3D

And yeah I don't get those loading times. I hope they will improve!

Question: There are NPCs with yellow names, and you can reach out to their souls to read their history. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to WALLS OF TEXT and that's all I'm getting from reaching out. What's the point? It is all too much of personal nature to be good to read if you're interested in the lore, and it doesn't have anything to do with the main story. Will this change? :P

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2015, 06:03.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
88. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 16:52 Quinn

Good game. Having fun. Highly motherfucking overrated, though, and let me be the first to thrust that opinion into this.

You all know it's not really 2D for starters yeah? Look at the loading screens, they betray it. It's all 3d rendered 2d or however you call it in jargon terms.

Second, well... Let me change the conversation here and ask y'all enthusiasts: why does this game stand out in such a remarkable fashion? Seriously, to me it looks like HYPE gone to the highest level of insanity.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
4. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 27, 2015, 05:36 Quinn

I'm ridiculously excited. So excited that I first watched this video before finally starting on PoEt that's waiting in my STEAM library. Starting that one up now. Hope it's my thing.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
7. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 26, 2015, 11:23 Quinn

In a crazy impulse I gave in to the hype of PoEt and bought it for 28 euros.

Now I'm scared as hell. I'm afraid it's not my type of game...

Sword Coast Legends, however...! I. Am. In. LOVE! Cannot wait!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Lore Book
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Lore Book Mar 24, 2015, 19:44 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:20:
Elder Scrolls has some of the best lore ever invented for a computer game. Tamriel is rich and varied & much more interesting than a any generic fantasy world has any right to be. Some of the best fun Ive had playing Morrowind, Skyrim and the like is finding and reading an obscure book hidden somewhere in the world and learning a little bit more about its history, magic, and well...lore.

I dunno, while the lore is strong the fantasy setting itself is way more stale than the Forgotten Realms. I miss the variety. I mean.. Skyrim is BAM Nords. Morrowind is BAM Dark Elves. Caves are bears and trolls. Towers are skeletons and the occasional necromancer. TES is much more.. serious? But therefore also more boring.

I would kill puppies for a TES like game in the Forgotten Realms. Fluffy, dewy eyed puppies.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Documentary, Part 2
13. Re: Pillars of Eternity Documentary, Part 2 Mar 24, 2015, 03:39 Quinn

Argh I was doubtful all the time but as it neared release I had decided to buy it. Then I saw a 10 min gameplay video of Sword Coast Legends and it reminded me of what my type of CRPGs are -- more like NWN.

ESO doesn't help either. Having a BLAST again now that it's without subscription!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
77. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 23, 2015, 05:07 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 04:57:
saluk wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 15:48:
Got to love the community at blues that in a report that contains such hyperbole as "most exciting and overwhelming experiences I have experienced in my 33 years gaming life" that everyone jumps on "controller felt superior to playing with a mouse".

Don't y'all ever tire of being so predictable?

You mean because most people here are smart enough to distinguish between subjective hyperbole and an opinion that actually bears some relevance to the actual gameplay of said game??

Im guessing you will have to look up the meaning in many of the words in the above paragraph. Yeah. Don't let the door kick you in your behind on your way outa here. Ciao.

As I said before as well, he does make perfect sense. There's a journalist with 33 years of gaming experience saying this The Witcher 3 is one of the best games he has ever played. Instead of expressing some rational excitement to that, you guys jump on a preferable play style of the journalist.

I repeat, so that this undeniable logic may slow you whiners down for a second: I'm sure thousands of people claim the Batman Arkham series play better with a controller, but I scoff at them in disbelief -- for someone who hates controllers and excells in controlling the M/KB, there is nothing to automatically worry about when a gamepad gamer expresses he likes playing with the gamepad more.

"MOST EXCITING AND OVERWHELMING EXPERIENCES I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY 33 YEARS GAMING LIFE", people.

One more time, in case your raging, bloodshot eyes still see the controller comment:

"MOST EXCITING AND OVERWHELMING EXPERIENCES I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY 33 YEARS GAMING LIFE".

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 22:06 Quinn

descender wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 20:12:
I have not seen a positive review on it yet.

Almost every review of "Reign of Kings" is positive, and it's 3:1 positive on Steam user reviews.

What the fuck has become of the PC gaming community. Motherfucking hell. And fuck me lets whine about how one journalist expressed his subjective opinion that he prefers playing The Witcher 3 with a controller. C'mon, lets horde that thread some more after we're done dry-humping the shit out of a pile of shite like Reign of Kings -- cause it's indie! w00t!

*Grumpy heads to bed*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
55. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 23:09 Quinn

The gamepad vs M/KB really is the topic of the day, isn't it? Such a waste of time. For people who are as used to a controller as M/KB, the statement from the journalist may be interesting. To people like me, who couldn't hit a building with a shotgun when using a controller, the statement can be ignored entirely because it has no meaning. Does he mean that it plays better on a controller ERGO the controls suck with M/KB? No. He doesn't.

As for those who take that part of the journalist's opinion and ignore the "best experience in 33 years" by saying they "won't buy this console port", I can only say: 1. You are insane. 2. Your loss.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1570 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo