Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1295 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
14. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 08:57 Quinn

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 02:22:
I have seen enough trailers and I remain sceptical.

Everything is sweet in these previews but but most of the focus will probably be on the POS consoles.The PC version won't look much better an will still run like ass. That's a scenario I'm very afraid of.

At this moment I'm glad I have NOT pre-ordered.

Give us the game already and I might change my mind.

What the hell are we talking about the same game? Have you seen any gameplay footage? This game looks revolutionary good! I literally haven't seen any footage from any other game that looks this good.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
32. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 26, 2014, 08:46 Quinn

GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM

Fucking ridiculous. If these were the specs for The Witcher 3 I'd understand, but this is an indoor game with visuals that aren't impressive at all. The game is either a fucked up port or these specs are just wrong.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
25. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 08:06 Quinn

I'll be posting this comment in multiple Middle-earth threads because nobody should miss out on this.

Here's a link with some actual PC footage played with a MOUSE and KEYBOARD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzSBpkxbqw#t=69

The video truly puts every single video out there to shame, with their limiting controller gameplay. This looks so good!

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2014, 11:59.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
29. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 26, 2014, 07:22 Quinn

Wetworks24 wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 05:02:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 04:53:
The framerate in that video looks pretty bad. GIven that the developer is Japanese, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there's a 30 FPS cap.

Yeah, the fact that they are Japanese devs + it's running IdTech5 means the port could be bad. We won't know till closer to release. However, Shinji Mikami is lead developer for this game (Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Vanquish, etc...) so the game itself could be really good.

Also, the guy in the video was playing on easy. I'll be playing on Hard for my first playthrough as fitting for a survival game. Enemy palcement + loot is randomized after every death, so replaying the same level will play out differently.

I like the atmosphere in this video you linked. The atmosphere in the game will be great and it greatly reminded me of "The Haunting" with Catherine Zeta Jones. Sadly, I'm not a RE fan; I find all the dumb puzzles to be distracting and they are completely annihilating any sense of immersion, always. Neither do I like how this horror game has GRENADES and crossbows with explosive bolts. That doesn't sound like horror to me. I simply don't like this weird concoction of genres. It doesn't work for me.

But yeah, if you like the RE games this may be a fantastic game for you.

I still don't get -- nor will I ever understand! -- how ppl can play games on the PC with a controller. Look at minute 13:18 in the video, to me that would be a moment that immersion is broken by shear annoyance, wasting 2 bullets because you're aiming with a freaking thumb.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 05:21 Quinn

Read up on that 6GB thing. Ultra-high is a free texture pack you can download. It's something extra for us PC gamers and our ever evolving rigs.

Here's the game playing on a PC. But with the latest NVIDIA beast. http://youtu.be/ZE65ZyJTTDI

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2014, 08:11.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
6. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 25, 2014, 21:23 Quinn

Sho wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:46:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:31:
Generally I find games that try to be scary more stupid than frightening.

You're not wrong. The only actually-frightening game I can think of is the overlooked gem Undying.

Fucking hell that game was awesome, wasn't it? I remember reading a diary, ingame, about how she looked outside the window and into the distance at figures dancing around a group of standing stones at night. After that I looked outside the window ingame and saw the stones in the distance and imagined how scary it must've been for the girl who wrote the diary. So immersive and scary as the woman you hear wailing right behind your cellardoor.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 20:53 Quinn

Ceribaen wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:28:

Same boat as you... though I have noticed that to me it feels like all their trailers are re-using images from the same runthrough...

Might have to try watching that Twitch stream, because I'm starting to wonder how varied the game ends up being.

Also - any idea how kb/m friendly this'll be? Menus seem very gamepad oriented.

These are my biggest worries as well. All I've seen is this "highlands" environment, like the entire game happens in Rohan or something. Where devs often fail with PC controls is mouse sensitivity, it can have this weird and fucked up sluggish sensitivity unless you aim down the sights (with a bow in this case) and the sensitivity is suddenly so high it's near impossible to aim.

These last few days are killing me. I got really obsessed about this game since after I finished Risen 3 and got bored like shit.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 18:20 Quinn

harlock wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 14:07:
this one always looked good to me.. but also im a sucker for over-the-top gore

what i wanna know more about is the part where they say you can "build an army" and take on sauron.. like is there going to be some large scale battles with RTS elemnts or something? or is it just some backgroud thing

The more orc leaders -- from whatever rank -- you "convert", the more often you will run into groups of orcs fighting eachother (yours and saurons). They will also be cells in certain assassination events, joining your side from amidst the rally when the combat starts. At the end of the game, I'm sure both examples will occur multiple times as a "grand assault" is cut into multiple little sequences of you and your orc army (read: squad) are battling toward the end goal. And that's perfectly fine.

Oh, and it's written all over the walls, floor and ceiling that your elf wraith companion is corrupt/evil. Lets see if I'm right in a week xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 11:01 Quinn

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:50:
Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:45:
It looks cool enough that I might be tempted to get it day one, but right near the end I saw a little "internet connection required" thingy. Not sure if that was just for the pre-order stuff, or if the game is always-on... Anyone have any idea?

Total shot in the dark guess: (They claim) It's SP only, with no multi. So maybe the "Challenge Mode" is one where you compare your times to those on your friends list? Or global rankings?

Just a guess, and yeah, I'm not wild about that phrase, either...

It's exactly this. Basically same reason why the Batman Arkham series "need" an internet connection. No big deal, really.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 10:35 Quinn

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:30:
I hear the review embargo is tomorrow. Cautiously optimistic. They've at least been very open in showing gameplay the last few weeks.

3 hour stream on twitch

Holy shit, 3 hours?! Who needs reviews? xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
59. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 25, 2014, 09:31 Quinn

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 21:10:

Quinn wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 13:30:
Off-topic since blue didn't react on the earlier e-mail..

Blue: Why do I almost always have to look on other websites for news about Lords of the Fallen? There was another gameplay vid released a few days back.

http://youtu.be/ZievCe5Zv-M

xD

I like what I see except the level design is lacking something special which is very important to me. The game looks fun but if the levels are all so similar I doubt I will finish the game. Still on the fence but almost ready to jump off in favor of purchasing. My main concern is all the great games coming out between now and the Witcher 3.

You've got Shadows of Mordor, Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age Inquisition, Bloodborne, and the Witcher 3... all demanding my attention to some degree or another in the next six month. Yet I still need to finish Dark Souls 2 and the DLC, a complete run thru of Wasteland 2 though playing it hardcore is a blast, DoS, plus several Kickstarter betas and releases due soon. I'm not complaining. I love games. Just going to be hard to fit them all into my real life schedule.

Apart from Bloodborne, which is console only, all the games you mentioned will be definite buys for me. Shadow of Mordor because... well, it's AC's traversal system and Batman's Arkham combat system IN MIDDLE-EARTH and Lords of the Fallen because it seems to be THE spiritual successor to Severance - Blade of Darkness Devilish

5 more days for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. I hope it won't disappoint or be a fuckjob port.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 07:22 Quinn

Whiskers wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 06:57:
... Definitely not going to pick it up on release, but might be fun to pick up when it's 50% - 75% off.

That actually ever happens with the COD franchise?!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 06:11 Quinn

CoD: Ghost was freaking horrid. Graphics especially because it never seemed to remember my texture setup to high or ultra and resetted itself back to normal (FUGLY As FUCK!) all the time. We had the new Battlefield come out around the same time, which had graphics so freaking gorgeous I had to buy a new and waterproof keyboard.

Not looking forward to this.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
9. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 25, 2014, 02:17 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 01:50:
Quinn wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 01:09:
Useless for me. Got Spotify Premium.

Steam Music also extracts soundtracks from games you have installed. For example, I currently have Dragon Age Origins Ultimate installed and under the Music tab it's showing me a playlist of all 18 DAO tracks from composer Inon Zur.

I'm pretty sure that Spotify Premium does not have that functionality.

Hehe, you're right about that! Though I don't have the patience to listen to soundtracks of games I'm not playing at that moment, that sure is a nice feature for those who do enjoy it.

But since Spotify doesn't put any music files on your PC, Steam can't grab anything from anywhere. So apart from the soundtracks feature, the rest is of no use to Spotify Premium users. I don't really care, though, because I almost only play SP games which don't need their immersion killed by my playlists. And if I do want to hear my music, ie when I'm playing Challange Mode in Batman Arkham Origins or the upcoming Middle-earth, I'll just play Spotify in the background...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
6. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 25, 2014, 01:09 Quinn

Useless for me. Got Spotify Premium.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
30. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 13:30 Quinn

Off-topic since blue didn't react on the earlier e-mail..

Blue: Why do I almost always have to look on other websites for news about Lords of the Fallen? There was another gameplay vid released a few days back.

http://youtu.be/ZievCe5Zv-M

xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
36. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 24, 2014, 13:27 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 19:00:
Quinn wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 06:34:
Just do it, before they run out of stock! :-O
Digital games run out of stock?

Hmm, they don't do they? But why, then, would one pre-order? Confused

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 23, 2014, 06:34 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 21:52:
Okay, that's *almost* enough to make me want to pre-order it.

Just do it, before they run out of stock! :-O

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 12:08 Quinn

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 11:11:
I've not tried it myself ...

We know. You don't seem to play games at all. :-)

As for this First Person thing... they have to do it right. Most devs only put lukewarm effort into this and the FOV of the 1st Person Mode will be so narrow the screen damn near implodes.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
41. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 20, 2014, 20:51 Quinn

Can't get a proper impression of the game. While I love Divinity, what it lacks for me is immersion -- the pull into the game and story. I'm still sitting at my desk. Somehow it seems only the big guys manage to add that thing that creates immersion -- the slick cutscenes; the mystery and plot-twists.

Still haven't seen it in a kickstarter. Does this game have it..? Can't tell by the footage I've been seeing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1295 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo