Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1993 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
104. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 14:02 Quinn

Lost my train of thought later on into the discussion. My original point was, ffs, that like all other sellers out there (see link in earlier post), GMG normally wouldn't require a fucking coupon code for it to be in the 45-50 dollar price range. They just apply the discount off of the ludicrous 60 bucks. Only when they do this coupon shite, it's suddenly 60 bucks. It's a cheap mindfuck people fall for.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

102. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 12:28 Quinn

Razumen wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:51:
Quinn wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:28:
descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:20:
What planet do you live on Quinn? The AAA launch price for PC games has been $60 for almost a decade.

Give it up already.

No idea where you buy your games, but that's bullshit to the core.

Proof: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/448594/fallout-4-pc-(windows).html

Um...The lowest price there is discounted from 59.99, if anything you're just disproving your own point.

Of course it's always "discounted". That's just it: it always is. Never in my life have I ever seen it hit as high as Steam's joke of a price. If this is GMG's way of pricing their games, I wouldn't even know the seller. Sellers just conveniently use Steam's ridiculous price as their default to make you think their "discount" is awesome. People fall for it, obviously.

Luckily, they too know they can only pull this shit off in the first week or so. I'll buy this game a few days after release, when it's closer to 35/40 euros. It'll still be 60 on Steam by then, duh.

If you havve ever paid similar to 60 euros for a game,the joke is on you. It's no default.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

97. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:45 Quinn

descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:33:

Your looking at a list of shady 3rd party steam key websites... those aren't real retail prices.

Bol.com, dude? Shady 3rd party? Fuck off, you played your cards.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

96. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:43 Quinn

descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:33:
How many more times do you want to change which currency and what country you are talking about to fit your ridiculous argument?

Your looking at a list of shady 3rd party steam key websites... those aren't real retail prices.

Listen, see link. Price going beyond 50 basically shouldn't happen. Online, too, it never happens. On GMG, my game prices never go beyond 50 euros (if it did, I'd forget about GMG). But with hyped games, they sometimes pull of this "lets make it 20% or so more expensive while give it a 20% discount".

It happens everywhere. It's nothing new. Somehow people fall for it and try to make me look like I'm delusional. Again, click the link in my earlier comment.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

93. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:28 Quinn

descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:20:
What planet do you live on Quinn? The AAA launch price for PC games has been $60 for almost a decade.

Give it up already.

No idea where you buy your games, but that's bullshit to the core.

Proof: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/448594/fallout-4-pc-(windows).html

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

91. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:19 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 07:45:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 17:04:
Whatever. Mark my words, once that coupon period is expired (if it's ever) the game will be between 45 and 50 bucks again.

Seriously do you EVER pay 60 bucks for a game? Like, ever? It's not the default price.
Unless, of course, there's a "discount" on it.

Why is it so difficult for you to admit that you're wrong? Even if $50 is the new norm they are still coming in cheaper than that with their discount and cheaper than other vendors. It's a good price for a brand new AAA game and they're a good vendor, stop whining and enjoy it.

US dollars I'm talking about. The default price is 50 dollars max. Now there's a 20% discount and suddenly they pretend like the default price is 60 dollars. I never see 60 dollars as a default price. That's console numbers, not PC.

Edit: correction, talking Euros. There's basically no difference between US and EU anymore though.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 11:27.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
36. Re: Game Reviews Nov 10, 2015, 02:22 Quinn

nin wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:58:
El Pit wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:21:
EDIT: I'm sorry to become part of the slowly growing choir, but I join in singing the song that the negativity here is growing.

I'm so tired of it. These few people do their best to suck every bit of fun out of our hobby. No matter what's offered "it's shit". Nothing is ever good enough. They (cutter, luke) go into every thread and shit all over everything...we have people that register with no plan other than flinging shit (great white shark).

It's past time for something to happen.

Cry me a fucking river, nin. Most of us keep their insults to the game product. It's only a very select few -- yes, you definitely included -- who if they ever talk shit, it's about Bluesnews members.

Which is worse?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

88. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 9, 2015, 18:05 Quinn

Razumen wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 17:44:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 17:04:
Razumen wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:27:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:22:
Sgt. Rock wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 07:42:
If anyone wants to check out the graphics themselves. You can get 20% discount over at GreenManGaming with this code: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING.

How can ppl possible fall for this shit? They release a 20% off coupon, but while that coupon lasts, the game is obviously 20% pricier. Stop falling for that shit.

It's $80 on Steam and 60 on GMG, without the coupon. Do you even read?

Whatever. Mark my words, once that coupon period is expired (if it's ever) the game will be between 45 and 50 bucks again.

Seriously do you EVER pay 60 bucks for a game? Like, ever? It's not the default price.

Yes, $60 is pretty much the lowest default price for new AAA title video games here in Canada, actually, it's even higher now, like I said.

Please, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, $45,- is pretty much the lowest default price for new AAA title video games here in The Netherlands.

Please, you really don't know what you're talking about.

T_T

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

86. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 9, 2015, 17:04 Quinn

Razumen wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:27:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:22:
If anyone wants to check out the graphics themselves. You can get 20% discount over at GreenManGaming with this code: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING.

How can ppl possible fall for this shit? They release a 20% off coupon, but while that coupon lasts, the game is obviously 20% pricier. Stop falling for that shit.

It's $80 on Steam and 60 on GMG, without the coupon. Do you even read?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
51. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:59 Quinn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:20:
I just discovered that the game is limited to 60fps by default, which screws over those with high refresh monitors. It's like they went out of their way to make the PC version shit. Apparently the XB1 version drops to ZERO frames per second at times and it looks like ass to boot.

What a joke.

I'll just force that shit up to 144. Piece o' cake.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

83. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 9, 2015, 12:22 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 12:18 Quinn

El Pit wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:56:
PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:05:
Review at GameTrailers..., "Fallout 4 is flawed in very serious ways..."

9/10

Review at GameTrailers..., "Fallout 4's massive world has plenty of fascinating things to uncover."

9/10

See? It's easy to manipulate by taking a single quote out of a long review.

While that may look like a logical thing you just did... it really doesn't work that way. You cannot give a review a 9/10 while dropping a bomb like that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
50. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 9, 2015, 01:27 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 21:07:
When you use the name of an established RPG franchise like Fallout, you will inevitably be judged by the same standards as said franchise. As such, it's completely reasonable to compare Fallout 4 to previous games in the series.

That said, I do agree that people should know what they're getting by now. After Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim, Bethesda has firmly established that it is good at making big worlds that are fun to explore and bad at making RPGs. If you buy a BGS game, you should do so with the expectation of a big world that's fun to explore. That's it. You have no reason to expect good writing, good combat, good graphics or traditional RPG elements because those are areas where BGS fails. Again, these failings don't mean that BGS' games are bad. I've played and enjoyed all of them. However, that's because I know what I'm getting and I expect nothing more. It's entirely possible to enjoy a game while recognizing its flaws. Now, if we're lucky enough to have Obsidian make another Fallout game, I'll definitely judge it by different standards because Obsidian excels in different areas than BGS.

Good post. Cannot agree more. I do hope at least the storytelling is better now. The protagonist has a voice now, so perhaps they've included some good cutscenes too. Personally I'm for that.

We'll see tomorrow.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

77. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 19:17 Quinn

Razumen wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 17:28:
Quinn wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 16:29:
Coming Tuesday, motherfuckers! Don't pretend you're not excited xD

Why should I be? What can I do in FO4 that I couldn't in 3?

Did you love Fallout 3? This is the new shit! *starts up marilyn manson's song* Better graphics, new story, new perks, same awesomeness.

I should've made that launch trailer. The actual one actually sucks...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

74. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 16:29 Quinn

Coming Tuesday, motherfuckers! Don't pretend you're not excited xD  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

24. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 22:26 Quinn

Creating a new engine from scratch would make it hard for them to guarantee the game will still feel like a Fallout/ESO game. As far as my limited knowledge on it goes, engines hold more than just pretty visuals.

I'm more than fine with the graphics as long as the game looks like the official trailers. I got really sceptical on that part when I watched the leaked videos, even though it was obviously console stuff.

Then again... Skyrim still looks good enough with the proper mods, and it looks like Fallout 4 has the stuff those mods added in Skyrim. Fuck it. I'm optimistic.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC Released
10. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC Released Nov 3, 2015, 16:57 Quinn

No matter what people say or think, I fucking love this game. It oozes with atmosphere, and when there's another period where there's a severe lack of good new games... I can't wait to jump back in.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Sonic Lost World for PC Released
3. Re: Sonic Lost World for PC Released Nov 3, 2015, 16:13 Quinn

I know who asked for this! Absolutely nobody!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
35. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 14:16 Quinn

Dacron wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 13:49:
Quinn wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 06:51:

From the few stuff I've seen I can deduct that "the armor" will not be the usual kind of armor. I think it will not be for exploration. It's too tank'ish for it with a too cumbersome HUD. I'm not sure how they will implement it into the game exactly, but in this way it wouldn't matter if you get it early on.

From another site -

Fusion cores are required to power the Power Armor. These fusion cores have a finite amount of energy and will run out. There’s a perk that will extend the length of time that each given fusion core will last.

I think that's cool.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
32. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 06:51 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 06:09:
InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 03:06:
So...you get the armor in the first hour of the game and then what? Spend the rest of the game upgrading it? Cos fuck that shit. That's not item progression, thats LAZY GAME DESIGN. *sigh* I hope you are wrong about this...

Just remember man...consolitis.

From the few stuff I've seen I can deduct that "the armor" will not be the usual kind of armor. I think it will not be for exploration. It's too tank'ish for it with a too cumbersome HUD. I'm not sure how they will implement it into the game exactly, but in this way it wouldn't matter if you get it early on.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1993 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo