Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1295 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
18. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 13:47 Quinn

Oh, nostalgia! I WILL play this game again someday soon. This time with a whiskey and cigar instead of lemonade and a cookie!

OT: Dragon Age Keep is minutes from becoming open-beta.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless Oct 28, 2014, 09:55 Quinn

harlock wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 06:06:
Quinn wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 03:10:
First time I heard the term/genre "rogue-like" was on this site about half a year ago. Still have no idea what it entails and cba to look it up

first time i heard "rogue" was back in 81

First time I heard "rogue" was-- I don't give a shit. A "rogue-like" game, though? What, is it stealthy? Has it something to do with someone being exiled? Point is I never heard of the GENRE! I have heard of both the word "rogue" and "like", though. *shoulder pat*

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless Oct 28, 2014, 03:10 Quinn

First time I heard the term/genre "rogue-like" was on this site about half a year ago. Still have no idea what it entails and cba to look it up  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2014, 03:34 Quinn

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 19:35:
Numinar wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 11:27:
Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 03:53:
Cram wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 00:08:
Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 23:45:
Despite saying I wouldn't get it at release I broke down and bought it a few days ago. Having fun but not sure I like the emphasis on being above ground, to me the best part of the game is still dungeon crawling.

This is a fair point, if you've completely beat the game, which you haven't. I mean completely. Do not get discouraged and enjoy the ride ffs.

Good luck in the Cemetery and Pyramid, seems like that's what you want to experience. Good luck in those areas bud.

Part of the problem is that I'm playing the game on hard. I beat the first Grimrock on hard w/ old school mode activated. Hard turns the game into a lot of trial and error with constant reloads. I guess my patience is starting to wear out a little with Grimrock after 28 hrs in the first game. I'm still enjoying it though.

I wish I would have picked normal but I'm not starting over now.

You ruined it for yourself. Here is how difficulty should work and sounds like it is in your case:

Easy: I'm drunk or otherwise mentally impeded.

Medium: I wan't to play, and win, a game using common sense, gaming experience and the minimal amount of trial and error.

Hard: I need to min-max, read faqs and plan ahead to win the game.

The problem with hard is enemies can kill you in 2-3 hits. There are lots of instances where you'll be dropped into a pit or find yourself surrounded by 3-4 enemies. Essentially you have to play combat almost perfectly and not get hit at all which turns the game into a chore.

Hard emphasizes the worst part of Grimrock which is the combat.

Well what on earth did you expect difficulty would influence? If you think the combat is the worst part of the game, why the fuck did you up the difficulty?!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2014, 17:06 Quinn

I am freaking loving Alien: Isolation! I'm no longer sneaking around being scared, though -- I feel like I'm a tad too efficient Ripley! -- but I just wanna eat the atmosphere up and see where the story is taking me.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

13. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2014, 06:16 Quinn

Cram wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 01:11:
Quinn wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 05:29:
Why do you guys find it better than the similar Might & Magic game that came out this year? Genuine inquiry. Personally I loved the M&M game and Grimrock 1 paled under its awesomeness.

I am not a veteran of this genre by any means. I have not heard of this Might and Magic game.

I hope it says something that only having played very few games in this genre, this being my game of the year so far among many games I've played this year says something uniquely positive about Grimrock 2. I will look into this new Might and Magic game, I am intrigued.

Might & Magic X: Legacy

I forgot the name back at work and got to look it up back home.

Just checked some gameplay footage of Grimrock 2. Picking this one up! You guys will love M&M X, too!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 22, 2014, 11:04 Quinn

Managed to just now listen to the voiceacting. Goodness, when I would mockingly impersonate a big, strong, dumb brute.. I would sound basically like that qunari. It's really.. really bad.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
20. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 22, 2014, 10:52 Quinn

The Magician wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 01:35:
Fuck you. The game just came out, you could've either included this shit with the game or delayed it a week. Just fuck you game studios.

-- a game developer who is sick of this bullshit

*sigh* Always this same bs complaint.

Developers have a budget for the main game.
Developers have a different budget for the DLCs.
If you don't want the DLCs, don't buy them. Don't come sobbing that you want more for less simply because there is or will be more. It's infantile.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
37. Hatred Oct 22, 2014, 06:56 Quinn

You guys do realize this game is almost literally a REMAKE of the original Postal, right? I seriously can't wait for someone to make a side-by-side comparisson video.

A few days ago I was talking with some colleagues about this ivory tower asshole in some office we never see yets makes the dumbest decisions and acts like a complete motherfucker just because he has the position to do so. It's animalistic, primitive alpha shit. It was then that I took the time to chew on that and it didn't take long to remind myself that it's a typical human attribute -- once you gain power, you act like you're a better, more important person in life. Disgusting. Ugh.

Why do I write this? Well, not just to bore the shit out of you but to make a point. I already posted it in an earlier thread: From a certain perspective, humanity is a puddle of shite. "Hatred" would be the game to let off some steam. Because, come on, every single one of us sometimes -- on some rare occassions -- thinks: "Fucking hell, I hate humans.".

Again, it's the ORIGINAL POSTAL with a new engine and better gameplay. Who gives a shit?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 22, 2014, 05:29 Quinn

jam777 wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 19:56:
Cram wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 11:53:
PHJF wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:51:
Grimrock is the best game I've played this year.

This.

Count me in.

Why do you guys find it better than the similar Might & Magic game that came out this year? Genuine inquiry. Personally I loved the M&M game and Grimrock 1 paled under its awesomeness.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
62. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 22, 2014, 05:08 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:48:
@Prez,

You ask a lot of good questions. No one has called for this game to not allowed to be made (one person almost wished for that, but didn't take it that far). So no one is trying to censor.

GTA is a sandbox. There are lots and lots of different things to do. The gameplay isn't solely built around killing people, or it wouldn't have sold millions of copies. Killing for the sake of killing gets boring pretty quickly.

Yes, I think context does matter. Imagine a game in which you are shooting vicious attack dogs trying to rip your throat out. Now imagine a second game in which you are running amok in a kennel. You kill dogs by graphically disemboweling them, by putting a pistol in their mouths and blowing out the backs of their heads, by mowing them down indiscriminately with a full auto AK. In both games you're killing dogs. However, your average person is probably going to find the first game okay, but the second game reprehensible.

And I think you do run the risk of being labeled a sociopath for enjoying the second game. Choices like this shouldn't be restricted on the one hand, but aren't consequence-free on the other.

Very interesting case here, jdreyer. Confronting, too. Would I hate that kennel game you described and object to it as hard as you object to Hatred? Probably! Yet, I'd love to have a shot at Hatred.

Why is this? Hmm, well -- and this isn't coming from a religious point of view or anything like that -- animals are truly innocent and pure while humans... well, we're not. I'm not judging every individual stranger out there, or every individual stranger I'd kill in Hatred, but humanity as a whole. We're singlehandedly destroying the planet and every life that's on it with our sickening greed. We're also all hypocrites, pretending to be good people one way or another, yet we all have our own dirty little stupid secrets. Humanity is a corrupt puddle of shit from one perspective, which would make Hatred a delicious game to play.

Humanity is a ray of sunshine from other perspectives, too, which make watching movies like About Time or some other romantic comedy drama so heartwarming to watch as well.

Just keep your filthy fucking paws off innocent animals. They suffer enough under our rule. =P

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC
9. Re: Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Oct 22, 2014, 04:48 Quinn

"In a land of grass and stone, Uruks roam by the thousands. It is up to you to kill the Uruks by killing them, featuring the impressive Uruk killing system that lets you kill Uruks both as Man and Wraith. As a Manwraith, you can dominate Uruks, creating your own Uruk army and having them kill Uruks. The land of grass and stone is littered with sidequests which have you kill Uruks. Tired of killing Uruks? There is always the opportunity to save human slaves. By killing Uruks."

I should get a job as part of their PR team, I know.

sdgundamx wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 23:08:
I rather appreciate that they stripped away a lot of the superfluous stuff and just tried to answer the question: how many different ways can you kill an orc?

I can answer that for you: By melee combat, by ranged combat, by stealth. I wonder how the Arkham series would have fared if they just tried to answer the question: how many different ways can batman beat up thugs? Again, by melee combat, by ranged combat, by stealth... and about 10 extra gadgets. Would the series be the success it is today if it was just Batman running around beating up thugs? I doubt it. Edit: Or, actually, seeing the success of SoM.. I really don't.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2014, 04:56.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 22, 2014, 04:28 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 21:59:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:37:
Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:36:
I don't think Bull is romanceable, buddy, sorry...

Fuck the romance, all I want is to... er wait.... *ahem*

The sons of the Prophet were hardy and bold
And quite unaccustomed to fear,
But the bravest of all, at least so I am told,
Was Abdulah Bul Bul Ameer.

If you wanted a man to encourage the van,
Or harass the foe from the rear,
Or to storm a redoubt, you had but to shout
For Abdulah Bul Bul Ameer.

Happy

Haha, awesome! /applaud

Personally, I hate the qunari. I think everyone in the Dragon Age universe would hate qunari if it was real. I mean, they have WAR and CONQUER carved into their culture, traditions and spirituality. Their entire being revolves around it. No society would ever want anything to do with them. Look at Dragon Age 2. The moment I met that qunari fucker in Kirkwall, I was like "Uhm, isn't this almost literally a ticking timebomb?" And voila, it obviously was indeed.

The qunari. My inquisitor will be a racist indeed.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2014, 04:34.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > I am Bread Trailer
4. Re: I am Bread Trailer Oct 20, 2014, 10:30 Quinn

This is what the market wants. This is what the market gets! BAM! Finally!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
14. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 10:28 Quinn

I stopped giving a shit about these speclists since after I played Shadow of Mordor at a constant 70+ fps with everything on ULTRA (ofc no multisampling stuff, just the normal, great looking AA setting) with my 2GB VRAM GPU though they recommended a 4GB+ VRAM GPU.

This game will run perfectly fine.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
48. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 08:18 Quinn

Rigs wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 23:43:
Once the Alien actually showed up, it felt like I was just going to be running from locker to locker. Am I wrong? Tell me there are just particular areas it shows up in. And am I crazy for just wanting to investigate the station instead of run from the Alien? That's the point of the game...maybe it's just me getting old...

=-Rigs-=

If it's you getting old then it's me getting old as well because I hear ya. I've played 2 hours since the Alien actually showed up and now he seems to ALWAYS be around. Like you, I hope the game will at some point "slow down" again. There are terminals around but twice now I've been reading up on stuff while I heard the thuds of the Alien coming closer and I died quite quickly after that. Right now, I play the game in what I must call a "hasty" way. The Alien can make some crazy 180's and SPRINT into the opposite direction catching you off-guard if you choose to sneak, so I literally play this game almost running from hiding spot to hiding spot. The Alien's AI is a bit too dynamic. Sometimes it should just fuck off and reappear 20 minutes later when I've dropped my guard.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

40. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 04:51 Quinn

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 04:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 01:08:
Sigh, and fucking ID Tech 5.... I hate that engine with such passion It is a really bad engine. The physics are horrible, the animations look clunky... everything seems like it's disconnected in that engine.

Oh well.... To each their own I guess.....

I don't know. I thought Wolfenstein: The New Order was pretty excellent.

It was alright in Wolfenstein, though the engine doesn't stand out in any way; it's not doing anything better than other existing engines out there. The games look about as impressive as Daikatana back in the days. Not to mention the texture load-ins (or whatever the term is for what I mean). Least notice-able in Wolfenstein, very notice-able in Rage and The Evil Within.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 04:37 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 04:00:
Quinn wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:32:
Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:15:
That people buy this uninspired BL2 clone is so utterly depressing.

Sorry for depressing you but I not only bought it; I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

But what are you enjoying about it? To me this is like the most boring game series of the century. And that's coming from a major Diablo fan. I get what it is about loot, but the loot in BL sucks. The shooting doesn't feel good and the setting is beaten to death after 5 DLC's in BL2.....

There is literally nothing in this game that makes me want to buy, let alone play it at this point. I am a bit confused what people find about that game so fascinating that they buy it for full price. Absurd. And the season pass after the bullshit they pulled in BL2? No.. it's really just depressing. ^^

Let me be the first to give you the default Bluesnews community reaction: "Wow, is it so hard for you to fathom that *gasp!* not everybody shares your opinion and that they can actually enjoy a game you find boring and uninspiring?!" Followed by some unnecessary snide remark.

I, however, am with you. I have no idea how people can enjoy a game so shallow. What I find most crazy about BL is that MP is just like SP, just with extra players running around hunting for killshots. No real co-op additions other than revival, trading and the vehicles.

I wouldn't mind that reaction, but I don't care if others care for my opinion. I do however care to know why others buy this game. By understanding that, I could understand where they are coming from.... currently I simply can't.

Asking someone why they like a game you obviously don't like is hardly ever considered a genuine inquiry -- trust me, I know. Hopefully I triggered your target audience to see it as such.

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 04:31:
What am I enjoying about it? The world, the characters, the dialog, the weapons, the loot, the combat, the quests, the story. No snide remark here. But I am also not going to apologize for liking a game (I'm not really sorry that it depresses you despite what I said, but I hope you get some Prozac or something). If you want to look down on me for my choice of entertainment that's your prerogative.

And if you think about it, the "default Bluesnews community reaction" is a reasonable one. What's it to you if people like a game that you don't?

It's not reasonable by default. Like eRe4s3r made clear later was that his question was a genuine one and not a provocing one. More often than not the Blues community assumes the latter; the worst. There's nothing wrong with different opinions, Prez. There's also nothing wrong with letting others know you have a different opinion. We actually managed to keep it civil. I raise my glass for a cheer.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2014, 04:44.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 03:52 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:32:
Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:15:
That people buy this uninspired BL2 clone is so utterly depressing.

Sorry for depressing you but I not only bought it; I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

But what are you enjoying about it? To me this is like the most boring game series of the century. And that's coming from a major Diablo fan. I get what it is about loot, but the loot in BL sucks. The shooting doesn't feel good and the setting is beaten to death after 5 DLC's in BL2.....

There is literally nothing in this game that makes me want to buy, let alone play it at this point. I am a bit confused what people find about that game so fascinating that they buy it for full price. Absurd. And the season pass after the bullshit they pulled in BL2? No.. it's really just depressing. ^^

Let me be the first to give you the default Bluesnews community reaction: "Wow, is it so hard for you to fathom that *gasp!* not everybody shares your opinion and that they can actually enjoy a game you find boring and uninspiring?!" Followed by some unnecessary snide remark.

I, however, am with you. I have no idea how people can enjoy a game so shallow. What I find most crazy about BL is that MP is just like SP, just with extra players running around hunting for killshots. No real co-op additions other than revival, trading and the vehicles.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2014, 19:51 Quinn

Prez wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 15:45:

Also, thus far Shadows of Mordor is my game of the year. I loved every second of it.

GOTY for some, Disappointment of the Year for others. To me, this game was repetative as hell and the "open world" sell was a freaking joke. There was no reason to explore apart from getting the collectables, but then again those were shown on your map. The entire game ended up being about killing Uruks either by ranged combat, close combat or stealth. There was no "Nemesis" feature to speak of for those who didn't die because the game was too easy for them. The story was about as interesting as watching your sink fill up with water before doing the dishes...
DOTY indeed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1295 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo