Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1844 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
10. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Aug 29, 2015, 11:45 Quinn

Axis wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 09:52:
Calling it now, this game is going to be a DLConsilitis nickle and dime halfass game. It has "DnD" tacked on to pull in interest, and will happily drain the pockets of the average couch gamer because it's what they expect.

Already their "Deluxe" version for a whoppin $25 more includes core things the game should include like tiles, monsters, significant stat items, etc. They've not show character creation, omitted classes/races.

The writing is on the walls, and it's clear to me where this is going.

A trailer like this does makes me think of shite like Dungeon Siege 3. But I've seen gameplay vids that looked good enough to still be excited about this.

Hell, in the campaign vid they mentioned Deudermonts demise, Wulfgar's bar, and even something about Drizzt. Fuck yes I'll buy this.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Revival
3. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Revival Aug 27, 2015, 15:47 Quinn

Mercenar wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 15:34:
STUPID TITLE !!!

EVERY FUCK... TIME I READ "HERETIC" and my brain gets like "WOOOOOOOOO" and then "Nooooooooooo" !

So sad...

Interesting censorship.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII CBT2 Underway
6. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII CBT2 Underway Aug 27, 2015, 12:46 Quinn

pagb wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 08:30:
Pretty 'meh'. It's like V but with better graphics. It runs flawlessly on my system.

Do you mean VI? I liked V the least of all. I loved VI, so I hope you mean VI xP

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII CBT2 Underway
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII CBT2 Underway Aug 26, 2015, 17:29 Quinn

Not really holding any fear that this game will run like ass on my system. Playing on 1080p anyway. I play at a desk, not on a couch (else I would've gotten a console), so I see no reason to get a big ass monitor and play games on a resolution that will force me to buy the latest hardware every 6 months in order to play any new game at 4k with OK performance.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Mad Max Commercial
22. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 25, 2015, 17:09 Quinn

Retired wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 16:00:
Well, maybe the minority, wouldn't care anyway, I really enjoyed SOM.

If you didn't feel like SOM was a shallow playground or didn't care that there was no real loot system or reason to explore, then you have nothing to worry about with Mad Max. I somehow do see similarities in that sense. A big plus, however, is the car -- which does seem to have an extensive upgrading system behind it. That might just make all the difference.

I'll wait and see.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

20. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 25, 2015, 05:20 Quinn

Retired wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 01:48:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 22:44:
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc

19.99 from cdkeys

It looks like a total conversion of Shadow of Mordor.

How is that possible? Cars vs Grogs?

Oh come on, I'm sure you can be more analytic than that.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 25, 2015, 01:05 Quinn

siapnar wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:05:
Don't get me wrong, Fury Road is absolutely worth seeing. It's bonkers.
But that doesn't negate the fact that it could have been more fleshed out, story-wise

Quinn wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 17:52:
Pre-ordered the game for a crazy 20 euros, which is about 22 dollars.
Where?

G2A.com

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 24, 2015, 17:52 Quinn

Pre-ordered the game for a crazy 20 euros, which is about 22 dollars. I'm actually expecting nothing because I expect it will have the same shallowness as Shadows of Mordor. But for 22 dollars, I'm willing to bet against my own expectations xP  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
10. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 22, 2015, 18:21 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 17:32:
Game gets a lot of undeserved hate (much like the previous game). Yes, it is the easiest PB game yet but it still has large, detailed and wonderfully hand-crafted environments that are fun to explore. Combat is definitely improved over R2, with magic being greatly expanded and melee slightly less janky. I didn't like some of the character redesigns (Patty looks like a stripper now and Chani was whitewashed) but the game still has the same charm that all of PB's games have.

To me, you are one of the few analytic, objective members on BN. It feels good to see you praising this game the way you do.

As backed up in below comments, Risen 3 is one of the VERY FEW GAMES out there that made me stop dead in my tracks to use my precious gaming time taking in the vistas. The game is just gorgeous like that, somehow, managing to pull you in to a point that you're like "Holy mother... That beach, far below in the distance... I don't care that no quest tells me to go there, I just wanna go there right now."

Fyi, this news about the graphics upgrade was the only little nudge I needed to reinstall the game. CANNOT WAIT to start it up tomorrow (sunday) and enjoying my pyjama day with R3. Drunk as fuck again as we speak, so it'll be a good pyjama day indeed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
7. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 22, 2015, 16:15 Quinn

Icewind wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 13:50:
Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 13:47:
It's odd that they release this just after a massive discount. It had been 80% off, quite steep for a game that's only a year old. I might have bought it if I had known about this.

Should have bought it anyway. It's a terrific game. Even in its original state, the game is incredibly gorgeous when run on a decent PC. I can't imagine how much better it can look.

I agree. I wrote a review about this. It's so fucking good I wanna pound all the bitter BN people's heads on a desk screaming "THIS GAME IS FUCKING EPIC!".

But then again... Most members here are the types of people that prefer to listen to one person alone: themselves.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
2. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Aug 21, 2015, 18:40 Quinn

Greatly looking forward to this one. Can't wait to enter Faerun again. Best fantasy world EVER! There's simply nothing better. Crazy fan. Can't wait  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

PC Gaming > Life is Strange
3. Re: Life is Strange Aug 21, 2015, 13:49 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 12:51:
Quinn wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 11:46:
So, in a nutshell: Is the game worth a buy? Well.. the story so far is. I want to know what's going to happen and I can't wait for the protagonist to get into some serious trouble she had to time-travel her way out of. Six hours into the game and halfway through episode 2, however, I am now starting to impatiently tap my feet for something like that to happen. It's still a little bit too "art-house" for my liking.

It's a building story arc. It gets intense. You'll see why.

That's what I was hoping and expecting! Can't wait to get back into the story

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch in Testing
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch in Testing Aug 21, 2015, 12:00 Quinn

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 11:32:
Quinn wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 10:12:
jomisab wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 10:00:
Skipping the boot-up splash screens? Seems like a 5-minute programming job.

That was the one thing I wanted to comment on, too xD What. The. Fuck?! It's like this is their little joke about it all, saying "our team is so incompetent, that fixing this one thing requires weeks of trial and error programming and testing". Personally, I fixed it in one minute myself.

As for the performance issues, I was being the devil's advocate for a while here since the game ran fine on my GTX980 system. However, there were hickups and frame drops that should NOT have been there considering the average graphics, I admit in retrospect. In the end even for me the performance was crappy enough to just quit playing entirely at some point while I was nearly at the end. This is a good thing, because not knowing the ending makes a good performance replay much more fun -- there's still the mystery of the ending ahead.

To be fair, the team fixing the issues isn't the one that ported the game to PC.

I know I know stop confronting me on what I say! It's friday! I'M UNNNNNDER INNNFLUENNNCE!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
21. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 21, 2015, 11:51 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 13:47:
Quinn wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 02:57:
If you give a shit, check the proper discussion forum for it later here on BN!

I do!

I've written an impression in the "PC gaming" section of the BN forum! It's short due to obvious reasons you'll read.. but I think it's good enough considering the hours I've put into it so far

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

PC Gaming > Life is Strange
1. Life is Strange Aug 21, 2015, 11:46 Quinn

Hell, it's my day off and I'm waiting for my wife to get home from work and join me in a local cafe. I'm a few special beers and gin&tonic in, so the waiting is quite easy. Why not write the promised Life is Strange impression?

Kxmode told me his GOTY hangs between TW3 and LiS. It got me interested. I bought it. And right now I've been playing it for at least 6 hours and I'm halfway through episode 2.

One of the first things worth mentioning is that the episodes are longer than the episodic game should all know: The Walking Dead, of course. But, since we're comparing the two already, another important thing worth mentioning is that although the episodes are longer, so is the pace much slower. While I can entertain the thought of being inside the mind of a teenage girl, it becomes quite boring quite quickly to hear her thoughts on every little thing you can observe. "Hot coffee, you will be mine!" or "Can't wait to watch this film and chillax." is only so interesting...

Let's be crazy and keep comparing it to TWD a while longer. Well, after 6 hours of LiS I'm somehow BEGGING for QTE's. Why? Because QTE's equal tense shit that's happening, which is something LiS is sorely missing up to this point.

But maybe I shouldn't compare LiS with TWD. And when I don't, I can say that this game is oozing with character. The devs have managed quite ingeniously that when you play this game, you ARE a teenage girl with the confusing power to control time. The way she copes with it is believable. How it doesn't somehow fix all her little teenage problems is believable.
The game IS believable.

Sadly, for me, that is so far the only aspect that keeps me enjoying and playing the game -- it's a believable movie.

A believable.. Movie? Yes. A movie. So far I haven't felt like I, the player, have been involved in what's evolving around the protagonist, except for a few and far in between cases. As a girl who can CONTROL TIME, the story hasn't given me enough situations that I could cleverly manipulate without the game telling me too do so by blinking a big white symbol in the upper left corner of the screen.

So, in a nutshell: Is the game worth a buy? Well.. the story so far is. I want to know what's going to happen and I can't wait for the protagonist to get into some serious trouble she had to time-travel her way out of. Six hours into the game and halfway through episode 2, however, I am now starting to impatiently tap my feet for something like that to happen. It's still a little bit too "art-house" for my liking.

Now... Time for another alcoholic beverage. Barkeep..!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch in Testing Aug 21, 2015, 10:32 Quinn

siapnar wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 10:27:
Quinn wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 10:12:
considering the average graphics
I haven't actually played the game, but from what I've seen, this just isn't accurate.

Maybe you're right. Right now, I'm not sure what I'm saying anyway. Gin Tonic plus blazing sunshine have that effect on me ;p

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch in Testing Aug 21, 2015, 10:12 Quinn

jomisab wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 10:00:
Skipping the boot-up splash screens? Seems like a 5-minute programming job.

That was the one thing I wanted to comment on, too xD What. The. Fuck?! It's like this is their little joke about it all, saying "our team is so incompetent, that fixing this one thing requires weeks of trial and error programming and testing". Personally, I fixed it in one minute myself.

As for the performance issues, I was being the devil's advocate for a while here since the game ran fine on my GTX980 system. However, there were hickups and frame drops that should NOT have been there considering the average graphics, I admit in retrospect. In the end even for me the performance was crappy enough to just quit playing entirely at some point while I was nearly at the end. This is a good thing, because not knowing the ending makes a good performance replay much more fun -- there's still the mystery of the ending ahead.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
19. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 20, 2015, 02:57 Quinn

Didn't have any time yesterday and I guess I won't until the weekend. Played it only for like half an hour. Nevertheless, fantastic first impression! Game is oozing with character!

I'll leave more meaningful impressions when I've played more. If you give a shit, check the proper discussion forum for it later here on BN!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Delayed
14. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Delayed Aug 19, 2015, 17:51 Quinn

Those excuses for the delay always make me think "well duh?". Would be surprising to see "We've delayed the game because, although it's already done, we just thought 'Why the fuck not? :D'".
No shit the game is delayed so you can... well, finish making it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
29. Re: Victor Vran Released Aug 18, 2015, 14:09 Quinn

This game fails miserably a few hours into it with the balance of the game. From an absolute slaughterer of demons, I suddenly was the silly gimp guy that dies. I felt so horribly underpowered at some point I was just certain I accidentally upped the difficulty.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1844 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo