Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 935 (Graduate)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
21. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 20, 2014, 17:50 Quinn

Disliked the beta. Wasn't moved to buy the game at release. Shear boredom made me do it anyway. What happened right off the bat? With that typical sought after euphorical ambition I put great care and time into creating the looks of my Khajiit, knowing it would be my baby for -- hopefully -- months to come. That's when I realized why I mostly didn't like the beta: It has a set end at the end of the weekend and there was no reason or motivation to develop a character.

Also, combat sucked in the beta. Not anymore. There is now proper impact feedback, both visually (gore and enemy animation) and sound. There's still not enough damage feedback. Been playing for a few hours now (lvl 10 Nightblade Khajiit) and I have no fucking clue if I actually do sneak attack damage at all.

For now, the biggest win for this game are the visuals and quests. It's an MMO that requires and enables immersion. This is not an MMO for powerlevelers. You need to only play it when you actually have time and are in no hurry. If you don't alllow yourself to get sucked in, you won't enjoy it. Exact same thing can be said for any other Elder Scroll game and I don't fault them for it, but applaud them for it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
14. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 17, 2014, 19:30 Quinn

Necrophob wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:05:
If someone falls for a phishing lure of "you'll need to grant access to this browser by downloading [sic] the special ssfn* file from your Steam folder....", then they deserve what they get.

Meh, piss off. I'm not a computer wizz at all. I play PC games since I was 5 years old (28 now) and I'm pro enough not to fuck up my rig and fix most general issues, but I've no idea wtf an ssfn* file is. If this message would pop up for me, it would completely depend on my state of mind whether I'd obey or flag it as phishing shit.

It looks very legit to me and I don't see any typos in the screenshot. I'm Dutch. To say people who fall for this deserve it is not insulting those people, but a clear portrayal of your lack of empathy. I spit on your demeanor.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
175. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 15, 2014, 08:00 Quinn

Jesus, now lets all have sex.

Blah blah blah all I'm seeing is two gameplay trailers who show, indeed, juuust another space sim and it's unimpressive at that. Couldn't care less about future plans and ambitions. I see a game that keeps taking money from fans since forever by now yet looks like just another freaking space sim with a helmet animation, no zero gravity when the ship breaks into pieces and no proper collision when flying into astroids.

Not impressed. Period. Don't give a shit what the future seems to hold according to your crystal ball.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2014, 18:14 Quinn

qsto wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 14:00:
Yeah, if I could get it at Steam without Uplay, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. But for me, Uplay is no sale, period.

The ultimate example for someone being the hostage of their own unbending opinion. It's your loss, mate. Uplay works absolutely fine. Just like Steam works absolutely fine and Origins works absolutely fine. Truly the biggest nonsense I read on here.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
157. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 14, 2014, 08:12 Quinn

Oh, wow. After all the hype it's turning out to be juuuust another space sim.

Go enter the atmosphere of that planet and have some crazy canyon flight combat while dodging tornados.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Released; Episode 4 Trailer
13. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Released; Episode 4 Trailer Apr 14, 2014, 01:27 Quinn

I wasn't aiming on anyone here when I mentioned the over-analytic critics. I was talking about the people who one day decided to make a website and write reviews on it. A person can't wake up one day and decide they are a pilot, or a doctor, or a rocket scientists. However, they can do exactly that when they decide they want to start writing reviews.

More often than not, when I read a review about a movie or a game, I don't even know what they're talking about. They say that actor X (who somehow everyone just has to know) acted specifically good this time, especially compared to their performance in movie Y, except for their accent, which isn't accurate for someone who lives in the south-west of Moldavia bla bla bla who gives a fuck.

That is all. Too late for work! xD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Released; Episode 4 Trailer Apr 11, 2014, 12:47 Quinn

Meh, I don't know. I personally think that demonization goes absolutely viral all the time. Mostly on Blues, but also on the net in general. Of course it's only my opinion but I really like both TWD and TWAU still as much as I did the S01E01. I don't see where all the bad mojo is coming from and I don't care either -- it's too easy to get prejudiced by the over-analytic ramblings of self-entitled critics.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Released; Episode 4 Trailer Apr 10, 2014, 18:55 Quinn

Couldn't care less about puzzles and gameplay. If you're not playing these games for the story, and don't like it that you're moreso watching the game than playing it, stop playing these kinda games.

I loved the latest TWD. I loved ep2 of TWAU. My only gripe is that the episodes are too damn short.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
37. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 18:44 Quinn

PHJF wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 18:27:
I've gotten over bitching about them, they're here to stay and we already deal with plenty of em...

You deal with plenty of them. I'll keep not buying games I'd otherwise love to play because of such fucking arbitrarily intrusive and wholly unnecessary schemes.

Oh poor grandpa you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
11. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 11:22 Quinn

Uplay, Origin, Steam. Fine with all of them. There's no problem with them whatsoever unless their service is somehow offline which is... well, never. I'm not on a boat either so lets roll with it.

Still not sure about Watch_Dogs tbh.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
40. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 08:44 Quinn

GTX680 so I'm in the clear. Don't care about the other specs -- as long as the rest of your rig is only sligtly above average, nothing will bottleneck your GPU.

Looking forward to Watch_Dogs since the last 2 (graphics-)features trailers. Bought the game for 24,- at g2a.com.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
35. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 08:19 Quinn

Leveled my Crusader to 70 on Hard, because he wasn't doing enough damage nor managed to take a beating at all. I didn't even remotely realize how crappy that class is until I continued with my lvl 60 barbarian and decided I could turn his game up to Torment 1.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
57. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 5, 2014, 22:32 Quinn

Zoom wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 14:22:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:28:
I'd say very few. It's obvious that World of Warcraft was a unique case. I like this game, but I don't see any reason why this one will buck the trend.
WoW was nothing special either. The only thing going for it was a very expensive and clever marketing campaign that involved grassroots propaganda to spark up the social networking around it. I remember i was quite surprised many of my friends would fall for it, but they went "because everyone else is there"...
I'm not saying TES online will repeat this, just that popularity is not tied to quality.

Tell that to the millions of people who played the vanilla WoW hardcore.

There was one trailer I watched before getting into WoW. One. It was CGI. Orcs vs Humans. Very generic. I ended up playing the game for 5 years.

Thinking WoW got nothing on it but good marketing is right about the biggest ignorant crap I've ever heard on Bluesnews. WoW did many things very right in many ways and marketing had absolutely nothing to do with it.

We can bitch and moan about WoW like empty crackwhores but not one MMORPG got even remotely as close as WoW's success. From Zoram Strand to Desolace to places in the Lich King's expansion, this game had me in its firm amd awesome grip.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor in October
20. Re: Shadow of Mordor in October Apr 4, 2014, 10:21 Quinn

Yeah yeah yeah, Tolkien's LOTR was original but if it'd be made today it'd be generic. What a fucking ridiculous argument. *yawn*  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor in October
11. Re: Shadow of Mordor in October Apr 3, 2014, 07:42 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 05:20:
No one is pretending anything, you cant ever take something like Tolkien, or Tolstoy or Homer and call it generic. Its wrong, you are wrong. Even your analogies are wrong. Coke was the original soda drink, it still holds that title even though it spawned countless copies and derivatives.

Couldn't agree more. You're truly talking shit right now, Jerykk.

Every idea and invention will at some point become generic and something to bitch about, with your logic. That's a laughable statement. Have more interesting worlds been created, inspired by Tolkien? Subjecive answer but I think so. But that's beside the point. Truly it's like saying the Wright brothers were dumb not to invent the SR-71.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
12. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Apr 2, 2014, 11:27 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 10:45:
Quinn wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 10:26:
The last two trailers took me from "Meh. Not interested." To "First on my wishlist!".

I'll wait 3 days after release, check how the game's being received, then decide to buy it or not. Excited!

Same here You can say what you want about Ubisoft.. but they do make interesting games.

QFT! xD Most of them are solid and very entertaining. I'm not having any issues with Uplay either, tbh.

nin wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 10:29:
Wildone wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 10:24:
Becus the day/night cycle isn't real-real time its like GTA..

It's not real time there, either.

That's what he said.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Apr 2, 2014, 10:26 Quinn

The last two trailers took me from "Meh. Not interested." To "First on my wishlist!".

I'll wait 3 days after release, check how the game's being received, then decide to buy it or not. Excited!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III Apr 1, 2014, 03:17 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:40:
Yeah, me and Julio so far. As I said earlier, I put in 4 hours before I forced myself to quit to get back to doing some work, but I'm loving it!

If you love Civ and HoMM it's a no brainer and totally worth the $40 clams. While it may be too early to say, my initial take is this is a game that will have many years of longevity because of what's already there and the fact an editor comes with it too. I suspect it's going to be a late night for me tonight.

I'm in a real dilemma here. I absolutely love HoMM but I don't like Civ at all -- too much micromanagement, unlike HoMM. What's AoW3 like in that regard?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

27. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 29, 2014, 08:47 Quinn

Overon wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 17:56:
Graphics downgrade shows. Doesn't look anywhere as pretty as what was shown in previous trailers. But as I said then "Don't trust tech demos and trailers. Wait to see what it looks like when it ships." Look at the Dark Souls 2 lighting and texture downgrade. Let's learn a lesson from this.

I think the graphics look better than the last trailer. Not as good as the E3 trailer but I think we've realized by now that we've been fooled with that trailer. I'd happily put to your attention that the moment I saw that E3 trailer last year, I as good as guaranteed the final game simply wouldn't look and play as cool as that trailer looked. I'm not at all surprised.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 28, 2014, 02:31 Quinn

These trailers I like! I wasn't interested in Watch_Dogs. Now I WANT it! Sleeping Dogs had a similar trailer. Did the same thing for me.

Game looks good! Although I did watch it on my smartphone..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

935 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo