Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1570 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Telltale Marvel Game Plans
9. Re: Telltale Marvel Game Plans Apr 25, 2015, 05:08 Quinn

DC! I want a Batman Telltale game *sob*  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced
16. Re: Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced Apr 24, 2015, 18:16 Quinn

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 13:32:
I would rather have Blade of Darkness. The lighting in that game was amazing at the time. Best in any game when it was released. Plus, it was an awesome game.

Couldn't agree more! If you want a spiritual sequal to Blade of Darkness, get Lords of the Fallen!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Preorders
9. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Preorders Apr 24, 2015, 08:06 Quinn

Heroes of Might & Magic VII! FUCK YES! Looking forward to this laid back awesomeness!

As for that beta... Yeah, no. I'll be busy enjoying the hunt out of The Witcher 3!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced
2. Re: Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced Apr 23, 2015, 11:45 Quinn

Dat gameplay! Not one Overlord fan wants this, I can safely assume?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
10. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 11:39 Quinn

Krovven wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 11:26:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 10:10:
Well Rockstar sent out a email a month or so ago saying that accounts may have been compromised and to change your password.

Can you copy and paste the email? I just searched and I have no such email. I've also tried searching for info on this and only found 1 link to a site I've never heard of before, who cited no sources on their story.

If this did occur you'd think that the flood of recent "me too" articles on this topic, at least one of the stories would reference this from a few weeks ago.

Phishing mail, The Half Elf? Perhaps you just unraveled the cause of the thefts? I didn't get said mail either!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 23, 2015, 11:05 Quinn

You really should've listened to my last sentence, man. Fuck me...  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 10:50 Quinn

LurkerLito wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 10:33:
I hope that the network requirement is only needed if playing whatever multiplayer garbage they threw into the game that I won't even touch. I won't be happy if they made this thing like the R* Social Club or uPlay client embedded into it again for always on DRM BS. That to me is the one thing missing in every single review, does the game still work if you unplug the network cable from the PC, if not auto deduct 2 or 3 /10 points in the review.

It's 2015, ffs! CLICK HERE!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
7. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 10:40 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 10:35:
Looks like it might be pretty good, although way too many games seem to be borrowing from Arkham's combat style these days.

The first thing I wanted to say after reading that was "...And is that a bad thing?", but then I paused and thought "Maybe it is?" and chew on that for a second. After that, I had decided to say the following:

...And is that a bad thing?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
22. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 23, 2015, 08:53 Quinn

Yup, gamers are irrational and always desperate for the next fix. Anyone who argues gaming isn't an addiction got all their work ahead of them trying to come up with sensible arguments.

And on that note.. let me be the first to say:

"Hello, I'm Vince, and I'm an addict."

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
3. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 08:48 Quinn

Why is there even any doubt that this isn't a security breach that's on Rockstar? If it was really just customer stupidity, we'd see this problem with STEAM, Uplay, and Origin accounts too. Nonstop. 24/7. For all eternity.

You know, many people had the "GTA 5 launcher has stopped working" error during release and beyond. How did many (like me) manage to "fix" that? Exactly, by turning off our virus scanner. Maybe there's a connection there. Who can tell.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 08:40 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 08:38:
Oh so this game doesn't support AMD cards? Guess no sale for them in that case.
Wry

What the heck do you think?!

The specs are provided by NVidia. AMD is their arch-enemy. Only just mentioning the brand in their provided specs would be beyond stupid. "There are only Nvidia GPU's. Nothing else." /mindtrick

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 08:33 Quinn

I'm all covered except for the damn i5 instead of i7. To what extend should I be worried, I wonder? The Witcher 3 has the same specs regarding CPU, yet experience tells me (GTA V for example) that it takes a much more dated CPU for it to become the bottleneck.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 07:55 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 07:23:
Sorry to interrupt your circle jerk but you guys know that much of the time the promo material comes from the developer directly and that its largely clueless marketing people who are put in charge of releasing it, right? I think the Xbox One is a giant piece of shit but I doubt there was any conspiracy to deceive anyone here, just stupidity.

My thoughts exactly. I don't find it hard to believe that neither Microsoft or CDProject did any of this on purpose. I think it was a simple case of "Here you go, buddies! Some cool new footage to show your community :D". "Yahhh mon! New footage!".

Besides, you'd be absolutely fucked in the head if this was a conspiracy and you somehow thought gamers wouldn't notice. Lets apply Occam's Razor here, yea?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 23, 2015, 05:14 Quinn

Kajetan wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 04:40:
Quinn wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 03:11:
EVERY customer should be treated with respect, because without the customer, you wouldn't fucking exist.
True, but ...

We talk about games and not about kitchen appliances or even cars. We talk about games and a LOT of gamers are emotionally addicted to their games and their favourite dev. When you are successful as Rockstar and every GTA sells millions and millions ... you get arrogant and sloppy, because you just know that your customers will pay and do ANYTHING to get their hands on a copy of GTA. There is a reason why EA was Worst US company two years in a row and still they make 4 billion dollar revenue each effin year with optional luxury products.

Obviously you're correct. They are assholes because they can get away with it, basically. That doesn't make it right, though. And anyone who would use your logic as an argument FOR Rockstar, should be put in a straightjacket. For the record: I'm not saying that's what you're doing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 23, 2015, 03:11 Quinn

This is so Rockstar. Their image/attitude is one of an extremely arrogant asshole who doesn't give a fuck about anyone. This is another perfect case that confirms it.

As a manager of the Samsung Tech department in The Netherlands, you'd see me run around naked holding my dick singing the metal version of "Ghost Riders in the Sky" sooner than ever telling my agents to even remotely act like this. EVERY customer should be treated with respect, because without the customer, you wouldn't fucking exist. If they can't handle the amount of incoming calls, fix it in any way.. but just don't tell your agents to bluntly hang up. It's absolutely crazy and in this case.. I hope Cutter is right.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2015, 03:19.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 14:44 Quinn

gravity wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 14:04:
I backed off my DX 11 to 10.1, and never again had the stutter/freeze-frame whilst driving.

In fact, I could up the remaining settings without a problem.

It's disappointing, honestly. I only 'stuttered' when driving, but it happened so much that I couldn't let it go.

Grass disappears, but IDGAF(lip) as long as the framerate isn't sufferable as it was.

I genuinely see this is as a patch in the near future... it shouldn't be having such an occasional 'hiccup' only in that sense.

You certain you're not using Self Radio or at least have your own songs in the My Music folder in the GTA V documents folder? That shit causes all kinds of weird stutters while driving.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 12:36 Quinn

siapnar wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 12:00:
Have any of you noticed a specific setting that cause fps drops or judder?

Advanced distance scaling seems to do this for me even if set low on the slider.
Mind you, I have no other advanced options enabled.

GTX 970 here as well

Do you have a weird, barely noticeable stutter every two seconds that drives you fucking nuts? If so, you probably use Self Radio. Don't. Remove the songs from that folder. It's integrated like a bitch and it will rape your game.

Other than that, set Grass to Normal.. maybe High. It has an insane -- INSANE! -- impact on your performance.

MSAA renders the images twice (x2), four times (x4) or eight times (x8). Logically, this setting is very performance heavy too!

I don't know to what extent shadows impact performance. I have it on "Softer" and never really changed it because they already make me drool. So... you may want to look into that as well since I've no idea.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 07:04 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 05:59:
InBlack wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 04:40:
Slick wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 04:09:

go play counterstrike, then come back to GTA V. it's like the controls are drunk, but i'm just angry.

Yeah, if youre used to a typical FPS PC game responsivness it really is a pain. Its really not that bad, once you get used to it you hardly notice it, but for us oldschool FPS guys it is annoying as fuck.

Of course the FPS controls are bad. This is a third person game heavily based on character physics. No FPS-only game does these character physics because you simply can't see them and it looks weird when you fall over or move. The FPS view in GTA is more like a novel way of seeing the world temporarily. It's so well integrated though that I play the game entirely in first person for everything. The FPS view in GTA V should be celebrated, not complained about(well, complaining can be good, but you know what I mean).

Well, they integrated it and so it should work well. And I think it does work well in every aspect -- taking into account you're still attached to your physics-rich character model -- except for the notorious FIELD OF MOTHERFUCKING VIEW!!! I mean, they add a slider.. a long, tedious slider... and yet the FOV sucks so hard I can feel the vacuum from here.

As for the mouse-lag.. yeah, that sucks too. I no longer have a problem, but that's because my fps is solid. Before, when I tried the game on my GTX 680, the game was nearly unplayable due to some weird input lag.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 21, 2015, 20:44 Quinn

How about they focus a little less on that fucking editor and more on (ONLINE!) stability!?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
54. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 21, 2015, 10:25 Quinn

Dacron wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 10:19:
Quinn wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 05:12:

M/KB here and not seeing any need for a controller whatsoever. Hell, even flying works fine with WSAD and keypad, although I do miss the ability to look around and take in the view with that setup. Fine-tuning the mouse-controls for flying may be a good idea, because using them as they are now makes my plane uncontrollable.

Hmm? With mouse control off for flying you can look around freely like the consoles, flying with keys. When you hold left mouse you then fly by looking.

What I said is that I miss looking around when I fly with WSAD + keypad, obviously because I don't have three hands.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1570 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo