Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 1992 (Pro)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Open Beta Next Week
3. Re: The Division Open Beta Next Week Feb 9, 2016, 16:34 Quinn

This was my own little amateur-in-learning review of the beta. Final verdict: Entertaining for about a month. Nothing more, nothing less, I'm afraid. Literally no idea how they could keep this game interesting for any longer.

https://youtu.be/Ux5HAwLTMdY

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Released
4. Re: Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Released Feb 9, 2016, 10:59 Quinn

Hopefully now that this is done, they put time and effort into Hellraid again (which is on pause, but has cool potential).  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
30. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 21:56 Quinn

Yifes wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 18:52:
Quinn wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 17:44:
This sequel is incredibly unforgiving. First they hold your hand so tightly you're just doing whatever you're told and then without warning they just let you go. I simply got battered with priority missions literally for hours, so much I couldn't even get a breather and just upgrade some weapons and armor or even build facilities. Apart from countries leaving you, XCOM1 was a lot less hardcore and more laid back.

I'm also very annoyed with the breaks between each character's turn. Why the pause of like 4-5 seconds after each fucking miss?

Also, I think it's lame that the enemy always gets a free "getting to cover" turn every time you get within their range. XCOM1 had this too afaik but somehow in that game the enemy didn't butcher your entire squad if you didn't do everything perfectly.

PS: I could swear there's a hidden -10% Aim for the player...

They only hold your hand initially if you enable the tutorial, which is understandable since they're trying to teach you how to play.

For the pause issue after each miss, I think it has to do with poor graphics performance, as it went away for me after I turned down AA, AO and depth of field.

And finally, maybe try dropping the difficulty? Its been a while since Ive played vanilla EU/EW but I get the feeling Xcom2 is a bit tougher.

I had it on the second difficulty, but I turned it to the easiest. The annoyences -- all those goddamn misses and overall bad rolls! -- weren't worth it. After turning down the difficulty, I think the hit percentages stayed the same but I could swear that I hit way more often and the overal "Bethesda kinda [LUCK]" seems to no longer be on the enemy's side.

For my play style, the easiest setting feels most balanced... oddly enough.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
15. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 17:44 Quinn

This sequel is incredibly unforgiving. First they hold your hand so tightly you're just doing whatever you're told and then without warning they just let you go. I simply got battered with priority missions literally for hours, so much I couldn't even get a breather and just upgrade some weapons and armor or even build facilities. Apart from countries leaving you, XCOM1 was a lot less hardcore and more laid back.

I'm also very annoyed with the breaks between each character's turn. Why the pause of like 4-5 seconds after each fucking miss?

Also, I think it's lame that the enemy always gets a free "getting to cover" turn every time you get within their range. XCOM1 had this too afaik but somehow in that game the enemy didn't butcher your entire squad if you didn't do everything perfectly.

PS: I could swear there's a hidden -10% Aim for the player...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
51. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 7, 2016, 05:10 Quinn

Can somebody please please please tell me why the F*CK my hacker unit gets crazy damage after a succesful remote hack, all the time!? I'm close to putting a fist into my screen.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

47. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 17:34 Quinn

PHJF wrote on Feb 6, 2016, 15:08:

Man the 90% chance to hit while flanking an enemy miss pisses me off. I'm pretty sure my grenadier needs some serious lasic

90? I have 85... when flanking... standing NEXT TO an enemy... I got my ass kicked on the second fricken mission like four times. Didn't help I had two squaddies on 20-day DL after the FIRST mission and was rolling with a pack of rookies, but still. Commander difficulty is kicking me in the pants.

The worst thing yet was when Advent dropship came in... and I had everyone surrounding the drop point on overwatch... and not a single person hits anything. Are you KIDDING?

Like you, this is my reason for extreme agitation too (plus the fact that the game doesn't seem to give me a moment of rest where I can just do some missions and kill aliens without all the pressure).

I wonder how this is different from XCOM1. Somehow, it is.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

42. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 13:05 Quinn

Dirty Butler wrote on Feb 6, 2016, 12:25:
Man the 90% chance to hit while flanking an enemy miss pisses me off. I'm pretty sure my grenadier needs some serious lasic

Exactly this. I miss so crazy often.. and enemies hit me even in full cover what feels like almost all the time. Personally I'm really annoyed there isn't a way to just restart an entire level. Some saves can be really nasty.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

40. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 12:15 Quinn

Wow, somehow the game is way less forgiving for some reason. Also, after playing for 6 hours the game hadn't managed to get me settled in. It keeps hitting me with new shit I should focus on.

First six hours are a mix of joy and agitation.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM in May
55. Re: DOOM in May Feb 5, 2016, 18:48 Quinn

I think this game will do great, mainly because there's a shortage of mindless shooters out there. As long as they got the pacing, atmosphere and gameplay right... this game will be loved.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

20. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 16:06 Quinn

I can't wait to dig my teeth into this game. Got it installed but decided to finish Rise of the Tomb Raider first. Enjoying it a lot.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 11:16 Quinn

Parias wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 10:58:
Different story for me - I really enjoyed the Batmobile stuff and actually thought AK was a lot of fun now that they've fixed it. A real shame this game had such a shitty initial release because it deserved better.

I agree with you. The game runs like an absolute charm now. Smooth as butter. I loved the game and the amount of detail and content they put in it was amazing. The batmobile was a blast and the way it just came a'calling in the midst of battle never got old.

I think the game did deserve the bashing it got with its initial release, but I know without a doubt that the volume of it was also because trolls just loved to bitch even if they hadn't even played/bought the game themselves. In effect, observers got a idea of how messed up the game was, which wasn't even close to being accurate. The game never ran as horrible as people got most to believe.

In fact, I think Nvidia helped destroy this game's rep because most slow-downs were caused by their extra graphical features.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 4, 2016, 10:43 Quinn

It's a verdict of the Beta. It's surely not a preview of the Beta, is it?

The Division preview, The Division Beta review... Potatoes. I didn't give that much thought tbh. ^^

Oh, obviously I'm "Vince Verdict". It's my second review. I'm very open for constructive feedback, because I really like this new hobby and would love to get better at it.

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 10:42:
The intro screen made me chuckle, as it looks like it was drawn by someone in middle school art class.

Remind me to lash my wife before she gets it right Cheesy It's still a work in progress, but she never got to finish it due to a new magazine she was hired to design. I asked her for it to look like early 90's gaming "concept art" and personally I think she got that right anyway.
I hope not everyone hates it like our ray of sunshine does.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2016, 11:33.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
13. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 14:27 Quinn

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 13:52:
"Please do not eject your video card while this symbol is on screen, it means it's saving your game"

I wouldn't be surprised if consolitis infected games would have that warning. The "don't turn off your computer" warning is almost as ridiculous.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
2. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 11:23 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 11:21:
fixes a problem where a system would prompt users with a question about ejecting their graphics card

wat?

My Sims mood indicator would plummet far into the red with that message....

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2016, 18:42 Quinn

Awesome, thanks for posting my review of RotTR, Blue. I hope I get The Division Beta done early next morning (CET).

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
33. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 31, 2016, 17:15 Quinn

https://youtu.be/2WEeuJGNBnw

Here is my first review! Hope you guys think it's ok and informative. The Division coming up early the coming week!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
6. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 13:49 Quinn

So now we have to pay twice for a game that simply failed to deliver yet. Like 100+ million isn't enough, they want to milk this shit out more by splitting it in two.

I guess I'll see in 2020 whether or not Squadron 42 will meet that year's standards.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Beta Filling Up
7. Re: The Division Beta Filling Up Jan 30, 2016, 04:08 Quinn

There's nothing particularly special about this game, with the exception of the 1:1 scale city -- which is neat. However, this game BLEEDS consolitis for one too obvious reason: they limited the skills you can use to only two, with a third if you lvl up way further. Also, you can switch between skills/trees on the get-go, so you now know without a doubt that everyone can play every role and there's no sense of investing in your character's role.

What baffles the mind is the PVE/PVP design. If you want to do the story quests and want to gain new skills, you are now guaranteed that you will not meet any other players unless they are in your team. Do you want that DayZ tension? You have to settle for an area of mindless grinding. Why this baffles the mind mostly is, frankly, because there's absolutely nothing to do in Manhattan apart from killing black guys (in the beta at least). And those enemy NPCs are few and far in between, meaning you often are running for minutes from point A to B with a CERTAINTY that you won't meet other players or basically anything at all.

At point B, you then shoot and shoot and shoot and loot. And that's the game for ya.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
8. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 29, 2016, 21:20 Quinn

Personally I think E:D is highly overrated and with the stunt they pulled with the pricing on their "expansion" they should get all the heat atm. I paid way too much for a shell of a game with the original E:D and now they ask me to pay the exact same amount again for adding just a tad more depth to a game that was as shallow as a Tunisian mudpuddle to begin with.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
32. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 29, 2016, 12:57 Quinn

Xero wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 21:46:
I'm absolutely speechless at the graphic astonishment of the game. The moment I went into Syria and saw her face and all the lighting effects, my jaw dropped.

Without a doubt has to be the top current graphic game with all bells and whistles running.

I'm also happy that my year old build that includes a 970gtx runs it smooth as butter with nearly every setting on very High.

The game is simply gorgeous and a very good port.

I failed to get the review up today. Also thanks to The Half Elf keeping me busy in The Division Beta.

I'll post the Youtube link to the review this sunday. Keep an eye out if you give a shit and wish to support my first attempt at video editing and game reviewing

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1992 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo