Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 384 (Amateur)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Turok & Turok 2 PC Remasters Coming
18. Re: Turok & Turok 2 PC Remasters Coming Aug 27, 2015, 12:59 Simon Says

Task wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 23:26:
Also one of the few times in a game where you can play as a bad-ass Native American, who happens to be a time traveling warrior (Tal'Set, AKA Turok). Hells yeah.

Prey was also bad-ass, loved every minute of it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
26. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 21, 2015, 09:14 Simon Says

Paranoid Jack wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 23:15:
I'm interested in the X-Com EW Long War mod but not sure I want to subscriber to Nexus at a fee to test it out. Has anyone here played it? Is it worth the fee to get the latest beta? Thanks in advance.

Payment is NOT REQUIRED. I downloaded it from there without paying a single penny. Can't remember how, but I did.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
12. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 20, 2015, 14:41 Simon Says

"perfect ambush" Lolz? Half the team got wiped clean, you call that a perfect ambush? In the original I called it perfect when not a single one of my units even got SHOT AT.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 19, 2015, 12:14 Simon Says

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 10:46:
I'm hoping that someone hosts the information in an easily searchable format.

Yeah because not infringing stupid unwritten CULT-ural rules that infringe free will is better than making sure free will is protected. Makes perfect sense.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 10, 2015, 18:06 Simon Says

Brace yourselves, AMD crappy drivers invading Android buggier than Apple OS fallacious comments are coming...

In other news Google: "Android more stable than ios"

Edit: No, I'm not implying a honor by association logical fallacy.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 9, 2015, 10:57 Simon Says

And just like with after 9/11, first they'll target terrorists, then they'll broaden it to whoever the fuck doesn't agree with them, like peacefull eco-activists or regular joe bloes who put a dent in any business's profits from your run off the mill peacefull protesting.

Ban that shit. Speech alone can't infringe free will. Restricting speech always infringe's free will. It's simple enough.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Robot with human reflexes Aug 8, 2015, 08:59 Simon Says

"Robot with human reflexes"

************VIDEO ALERT*************

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Itís been confirmed: competitive Call of Duty is ditching Xbox one for PS4 Aug 6, 2015, 09:34 Simon Says

"Itís been confirmed: competitive Call of Duty is ditching Xbox one for PS4"

First thought: WTF are they doing on a console?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 13:03 Simon Says

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 12:28:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 12:09:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 10:40:
I wonder what the enterprise versions does here? A home user may or may not care all that much, but a lot of companies will care and I'd have to think MS knows that and then I think the enterprise version may have greatly reduced tracking.

You are correct. Contrary to Home or Pro, if you set Telemetry to '0' via the registry, Enterprise will actually stop sending any data to MS. Home or Pro will still send data at 'Enhanced' level at the '0' setting.

BTW, I have read of at least one guy who has blocked Microsoft IPs via his router so it shouldn't be too hard to google which IPs those are. It's probably the most effective way to block any spying from happening at the very source level.

In a funny way that is saying Corps have rights where people don't.

It will be like adblocker. Most don't use it, dumb. The same savvy people will be figuring out how to get Enterprise. To MS it doesn't matter too much now since most won't do it, but long term word of mouth could be interesting.

Or do you think we should be setting our routers to block MS IP's? That way I guess it won't matter if data is being sent (assuming no performance loss) it just hits the wall and evaporates.

Indeed, it sends the message that corps privacy should be respected while individuals? FUCK EM!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 10:04 Simon Says

CORRECTION: "Hitchhiking Robot Lasts Just Two Weeks in US Because US CITIZENS Are Terrible"

It crossed Canada and many European countries including Germany without a scratch. US proving once again how barbaric and savage this country really is.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 24, 2015, 16:56 Simon Says

jimnms wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 16:34:
Simon Says wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 14:33:
You might want to hold out a bit, people are reporting absent driver support for ethernet hardware on many old mobos. Like LGA 1156's, I for one's got a P7P55D and I don't even have ethernet drivers for Win 8 yet even if its only 5 years old and the CPU on it ( i5-750 ) is as fast as the current mid-end to low-end processors, so Win 10, heh, not a chance, stupid ASUS.

I have the same board and CPU. Don't rely on ASUS (or any mother board manufacturer) for drivers, just go to the source for drivers. Here are LAN Drivers for Win 8 right here.

Thanks a bunch! I had forgotten about that, mind you, I might've searched more thoroughly wouldn't I had still been on Win 7. I'll remember that come Win 10's launch tho.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 24, 2015, 14:33 Simon Says

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:03:
Pulls out all old hardware from attic. "I knew there was a reason I held on to all of this!".

You might want to hold out a bit, people are reporting absent driver support for ethernet hardware on many old mobos. Like LGA 1156's, I for one's got a P7P55D and I don't even have ethernet drivers for Win 8 yet even if its only 5 years old and the CPU on it ( i5-750 ) is as fast as the current mid-end to low-end processors, so Win 10, heh, not a chance, stupid ASUS.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. 'Ad-blocking is the biggest external threat to online games journalism' and Are ad-blockers legal? Jul 23, 2015, 12:54 Simon Says

My main beef with ads is the bandwidth it sucks like a vampire, especially the auto loading video ads -_-. I pay 100$ for 20 gigs per month, if they don't want me to use an ad/flash blocker. Then make all ads NOT COUNT toward monthly bandwidth usage. Otherwise they can go to hell and I'll keep blocking.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 15, 2015, 06:46 Simon Says

iSheeple will pay anything for social status  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
19. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Jul 9, 2015, 19:20 Simon Says

Investing in ANY GPU right now would be a waste of money with the node shrink finally coming in the next models at both Nvidia and AMD... Just saying...  

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
86. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 19:15 Simon Says

Star Citizen Forever
Duke Citizen
Nukem Stars

5. Re: BBC Jul 7, 2015, 16:46 Simon Says

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 11:45:
The BBC isn't giving them to every 7 year old for free. The tax payers are paying for them.

Still better than the usual agenda to cut public funding into uselessness then privatize everything once people whine. Or cut social welfare to redirect to corporate welfare through subsidies and/or tax breaks. You know, privatize the profits, remove responsibilities for corps and clean your hands of the impacts of externalities, socialize the debt and dump all the responsibilities/externalities on the citizens.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 5, 2015, 18:52 Simon Says

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 18:12:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 15:01:
Hehe, yeah.

Putin is not exactly a beacon of democracy, privacy, or freedom, so it's pretty easy to do.

And who is in the West? We're just as bad if not worse because of the lies and damn lies.

Agreed Cutter... Whenever I see or hear "freedom" in the west it translates to "freedumb" in my mind. The freedumb to infringe the freedumb of others. Western FREEDUMB!

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 5, 2015, 14:32 Simon Says

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 13:17:
Step 2, Putin requests all unflattering information about him be removed from search engines.

Step 3, Silicon Avatar, unsuccessful at re-enacting the Red Scare, goes to sulk in a corner.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 30, 2015, 14:01 Simon Says

harlock wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 12:34:
our economic model of currency is unsustainable, of course

there is a natural "economy", but our financial systems dont follow that at all

*Does the "secret" NL/RBE handshake*

384 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo