Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 468 (Amateur)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
37. removed Feb 6, 2016, 03:26 Simon Says

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 6, 2016, 03:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. removed Feb 5, 2016, 20:00 Simon Says

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 6, 2016, 03:28.

27. removed Feb 5, 2016, 19:41 Simon Says

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 6, 2016, 03:27.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. After 100 years, scientists are finally closing in on Einsteinís ripples. Feb 4, 2016, 19:14 Simon Says

After 100 years, scientists are finally closing in on Einsteinís ripples.

"His ripples are very sensitive."

Teehee!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 28, 2016, 13:32 Simon Says

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 13:15:
Simon says shut the fuck up.

Lol^^

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 28, 2016, 11:42 Simon Says

And I was wondering if a troll would come in and do something like this. I thought better of you Cutter. XD  

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 28, 2016, 10:19 Simon Says

Quote from the comments: "I had to delete my previous comment. I did some further research and found that this whole article is so wrong I could not believe it.

Any outage reported in Israel was not a result of the attack but rather extreme weather which has damaged some electrical infrastructure (including some electricity going to Gaza). But these have been resolved.

As for the attack, it only affected some office computers of an energy supplier. The attack in no way reached computers that directly control the electrical infrastructure. "

Next time bluesnews, would you kindly be a little more thorough with disinformation like this? Thanks

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 23, 2016, 04:04 Simon Says

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 15:57:
walrus1 wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 14:09:
That begin said NEtflix viewing numbers aren't as good as most people think.

Yeah, if you cause 37% of all internet traffic, clearly not very many people are using your product?

Data traffic could be deemed a flawed metric for a number of reasons: efficiency of compression, people choosing different resolutions, choices of bitrates by Netflix per different programs and so on.

As for subsribers: "January 2016, Netflix reported that it had 74 million subscribers". Which is nice...

News Comments > XCOM 2 Mods with Launch
13. Re: XCOM 2 Mods with Launch Jan 23, 2016, 01:49 Simon Says

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 15:59:
That is sweeeeeeeet. I'm glad they're supporting mods this time around, they were a giant PITA to get running on the previous Xcom.

Giant PITA? I modded my own game alone with only a few google searches to get me started and notepad++. I hardly call this a PITA. Compared to many games, this is modding friendly.

Try to mod Master of Orion 2 for example, tell me how it goes, now this game is a PITA to mod.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 22:17 Simon Says

How XCOM 2 can be on that list at such a filthy high price ( 80$ ) is beyond me... Until it gets a MAJOR rebate, I'll hold on to my $ and play the pirated version instead. YES I'll buy it when the price comes down to reasonable levels, otherwise I won't be able to play mods like Long War on it.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 05:37 Simon Says

Couldn't help but smile reading the whole article. AnCap, free market ideology sounds good to some in theory, but in practice this experiment seems to suggest otherwise.

Can't say I'm surprised.

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
44. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 21:12 Simon Says

ventry wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 18:33:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 15:51:
WinXP to Win7 at release date was smooth sailing, Win7 to 10 at release date was a complete NIGHTMARE.

You can't be much of a tech.
I have to date updated 25 desktop PC's and 13 laptops and had only 1 major problem that was fixed within 5 min via google.

I have been running Win 10 on my home system since August 2015 (updated from Win 7 Ultimate) and had only 2 of my major programs fail.
A reinstall fixed one and about 30 Min of research on google provided the answer on the other.
Been rock solid ever since.
Get a clue and you will be fine.

The other thing I fine amusing is those who bitch and whinge about so called "spying".
I bet those same people own a mobile phone with either IOs or Android on them. All those apps you put on them and use spy on you far more than M$ could ever imagine.
Hilarious.

Pretty funny, I've been repairing PC problems since the DOS days. Even the much maligned WinME was less trouble than this thing. And don't think I don't know my way around finding fixes on the net, I used to find fixes before internet was a thing where you could get help.

Win10 was rushed out, big time. They were pressured on the mobile front, they were also pressured on the desktop front after the Win8 fiasco. Its no wonder that it still feels like a beta. It feels like WinXP before the 1st service pack. Great potential, but a clusterfuck if you look under the hood.

I found a lot of threads with dozens of pages and sometimes thousands of people having the same showstopper issues I encountered with no fix in sight. I sometimes spent hours or days on the same problem, googling around, all I found was people in the same predicament as I was.

Seriously, your "evidence" is anecdotal at best. Sure it might be smooth sailing for you and BSODs are mostly a thing of the past, but what I found on the net is a clusterfuck worse than the WinME days. I had never seen so many well versed power users completely stumped and raging at MS's POS release.

Win10 in its current state is a beta at best. It works fine if you don't delve too deep and just use it as an average user, but under the surface, its a mess, a faster mess, but still a mess. Much as WinME was a mess for average users, Win10 is a mess for power users.

Consider yourself lucky that your hardware and software aren't vulnerable to them, if they were, you wouldn't be singing MS's praises right now on one of their worst release since the DOS days.

As for spying, you can use a no root firewall on mobiles, there fixed. On Win10, there are tools for this which blocks everything in the hosts file, this wasn't what rebuked me, it was trivial to plug, but having to rebuild the system drive 5 times in 5 months because of showstopping issues without any fix in sight was what pushed me back to Win7.

Believe me, I really tried to make it work, I've never tried to make an OS work as much as this one, but it just wouldn't cooperate at all.

Win7 by comparison is a charm, it just works and fully cooperates, no fuss, no issues, no major problems. I can't recommend 10 at all to anyone in its current state. As the saying goes, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies.

Couldn't care less what you think about my skills, until MS gets their shit together with 10, I'm gonna be an happy 7 camper. I'll give them a year or 2, then I'll try again, hopefully by then the beta will be over.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2016, 21:19.

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
22. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 15:51 Simon Says

LOLWUT? I spent 5 months trying to get Win10 to work, in 5 months I had to do FIVE, count'em, FIVE formats to start over from scratch because of different showstopping issues popping up. Mind you I was a PC technician, I used to fix PCs for a living, I'm not your average joe user, I know my way around an OS and I don't fret at getting my hands dirty, so to speak.

WinXP to Win7 at release date was smooth sailing, Win7 to 10 at release date was a complete NIGHTMARE.

I'm back on 7 and will be as long as I don't require DX12 and MS gets their POS OS together.

Also, if the block is in software and not in hardware, as is claimed here, you can bet people are going to release modified versions and/or tools to bypass these measures.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2016, 14:11 Simon Says

Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 13:34:
I get really annoyed when things break through normal use when relatively new. Unless its within that narrow window where you can still return things your SoL and your money. Even though I know it's often due to variations in production and model I'm usually done with brand when that happens. I understand you're reasoning trying the brand again though.

On a similar note, anyone know of a good pair of in-ear ear-buds for jogging? The wire on the plug end always seems to get messed up causing sound to go in and out when I jog. I saw a pair of Klipsch that promised to be durable, but it came with some Apple specific crap and a disclaimer on the website said sound quality could suffer on non apple products. I'm just using a small media player. Not looking to spend more than $60.

Also I've heard enough advice and opinions on what to do with or what they would do with 1.4 billion to know most people are terrible with money. I don't know if there's a specific term for it, but it reminds of a concept dealing with knowledge and expertise. Basically stating that a person needs a certain amount of knowledge about a subject to understand how much they don't know about the subject. Apparently most people don't know jack-shit about finances.

The "quality will suffer on non apple products" is pure horseshit. As for your jogging problems, you could try a clip at the neckline, holding the wire in place, this will avoid the sounds coming from the friction on the wire and will prevent the wire from tugging at the earplugs and the plug end. As for the plug end, once you got a clip at the neck line, just have it loose on the smartphone encased in a belt clip or waist-pouch.

As for a model, any model will do, but if you're concerned with a good price/quality ratio, I'd recommend the Sennheiser CX300IIs. I got them for around 60$ CAN 2 years ago, they're around 40$ US on Amazon now, they sound great ( I found my nirvana at those settings in JetAudioPlus on Android: klipsch image S4 Bongiovi DPS setting, Crystalizer ON but minimum setting, AM3D Z-bass at 0, but still ON and Z-Treble 80, X-bass at 100, AGC at 0 in normal settings, equalizer at -10 DBs preamp and -10 DBs on every setting except 1.8k and 3.4k at -9, 5.7k and 9k at -8 and 13k at -7, you can also switch to 20 channel band and crank the highend, 16k, treble at 0 for those crisp drum cymbals ) and are very well built, they don't show a single hint of breaking down even tho I was absolutely ruthless with them.

CX300II on Amazon

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2016, 13:03 Simon Says

Currency and trade based economy's intrinsic obsolescence hit those boots hard...  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 10, 2016, 19:11 Simon Says

LOL, that extremetech article on Forbes... The webpage doesn't load with either AdBlock+ or Privacy Badger active. XD FU extremetech, one less on my list along with Forbes.  

20. Film vs. digital- the most contentious debate in the film world, explained Jan 7, 2016, 04:03 Simon Says

I really don't get all the "motion smoothing" hate. It looks and feels so much better than the stuttering and motion blur fest on "normal movies".

What is all the fuss about?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2016, 03:50 Simon Says

Denuvo got cracked a year ago...

"An independent Chinese warez group known as 3DM claimed to have defeated Denuvo Anti-Tamper on December 1, 2014. The group suggested that the technology involves a "64-bit encryption machine" that requires cryptographic keys unique to the specific hardware of each installed system.[3] Later, in early December, the same group released a crack for the video game Dragon Age: Inquisition, which uses Denuvo Anti-Tamper to protect Electronic Arts' Origin Online Access DRM.[4] Asked about the development, Denuvo acknowledged that "every protected game eventually gets cracked"." -Source Wikipedia

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Microsoft Warns Windows 7 Has Serious Problems Jan 5, 2016, 03:34 Simon Says

"Microsoft Warns Windows 7 Has Serious Problems"

Microsoft: Nice OS you got there... Would be a shame if anything happened to it.

Well, get your act together with 10 then... I had it for 5 months since the release, I had to format and reinstall FIVE TIMES even tho I'm pretty good to fix things up, once having worked as a PC technician. Worst OS since I ever used a PC. Win 7 I had to format 1 or 2 times inside a 4 years period on this current PC. Switched back to 7 for now, I don't have a Directx12 card and no games are out yet, no reasons at all to switch to 10.

Maybe when 10 is mature, but so far, its far, VERY VERY far from mature. I felt like fiddling around with a beta.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 5, 2016, 03:26 Simon Says

Content protection... lol... Same serenade from these people ever since VHS/tapes came around. Repeated for CDs, repeated for DVDs, repeated for Blurays and now its 4k time. They never learn.  

468 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo