Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LC

Real Name LC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2012, 17:40
Total Comments 35 (Suspect)
User ID 57322

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs
7. Re: Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs Feb 3, 2016, 01:37 LC

Nordic also picked up Jagged Alliance in August 2015.

Do we have a new Kalypso Media on the horizon?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Unity Jan 25, 2016, 17:27 LC

Unity is hardly the most dicisive thing going on in Linux. In fact it's a non-issue. Don't like it then just install another DE or use one of the Ubuntu community spins like Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc. with your DE of choice. Or simply don't use Ubuntu.

Systemd is the most disicive thing going on in Linux.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
19. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 15:24 LC

I always thought the problem if anything was more one of age discrimination. A lot developers/publishers still seem to be aiming their products at teenage boys when the average age of the gaming population keeps going up.  

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
52. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 17, 2016, 00:18 LC

NKD wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 14:02:
On a side note, who wants to do a little experiment? We note the user names in this thread who will claim to be switching to Linux, and check back with them in a year to see if they made good on that promise. Should be interesting.

I made good on my promise...a little over three years ago:) Windows 8 was enough to convince me Microsoft wasn't for me anymore.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 4, 2016, 13:36 LC

That's pretty sad a Microsoft Marketing Chief spewing FUD about their own products. Guess those numbers I've seen recently on Windows 10 adoption slowing down are accurate if they're resorting to this.

What's EOL for Windows 7 support anyway? 2017?

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2015, 16:12 LC

Well considering all the OS usage trackers I've seen put Linux desktop usage at around 1.5 to 2% I don't see those numbers getting much higher.

News Comments > Oriental Empires Announced
2. Re: Oriental Empires Announced Dec 7, 2015, 11:50 LC

Civilization: Total War?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 17, 2015, 15:25 LC

Does anyone seriously believe Interplay could have pulled off anything decent by that point? Sure it sounds good on paper but what would have came out would have most likely been a buggy, half-finished and unsupported mess.

Back in those days I used to wish for Interplay's demise in the hopes a decent developer would get the Fallout license. Still bummed about Bethseda getting it.

News Comments > Disgaea on Steam "Soon"
2. Re: Disgaea on Steam Nov 17, 2015, 15:03 LC

I wonder how well this will sell given psx2 emulators and the iso's are very easy to come by.  

News Comments > Red Baron Revival Update
1. Re: Red Baron Revival Update Sep 22, 2015, 11:10 LC

I'd like to see another Red Baron II/3D. But what put me off the first kickstarter was that the singleplayer would be set number of missions. I really want a WW1 flight sim with a dynamic campaign like RBII/3D had.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
18. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2015, 12:42 LC

InBlack wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 08:55:
The kid was sentenced for writing a how-to guide on the internet for fucks sake.

If all you've seen about this is the Ars article that's what you would believe. But...

Amin also wrote how-to guides on how to travel to the MidEast and join ISIL. He also made something like 4000+ tweets in support of ISIL. Honestly I don't know how I feel about all this. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to free speech. If that was all he did then the sentence does seems excessive. However...

As the feds say he 'radicalized' another teenager(well 18 yr. old). He then helped this teenager make travel arrangements to Turkey. Rode with him to the airport and on the ride there gave him instructions on how to contact ISIL when he arrived. Wouldn't you say that goes past how-to guides? Perhaps more like actively recruiting for ISIL?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2015, 16:35 LC

Sadly ArsTechnica seems to be on a downhill slide lately. Take a look at some of the other news stories about Ali's activities. He was doing more than just writing about Bitcoin.

News Comments > More Trion DDoS Attacks
1. Re: More Trion DDoS Attacks Oct 11, 2014, 14:22 LC

So 21st century griefers? Or something more like the old protection rackets?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 25, 2014, 15:12 LC

'The Great Stampede'

I was expecting an article on heartbleed and instead it's an advertisement for the logmeonce kickstarter written by the CEO of logmeonce.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 18, 2014, 22:48 LC

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 16:11:

It's fucking Gnome. EVERYTHING Gnome does goes against Linux's rep as a serious up and coming gaming platform*. You want to make the transition for Windows users easier? Get Clem from Mint to work with Valve on making Cinnamon the default desktop for SteamOS and give him the funds and manpower to mature it a little bit more. Easy to use desktop, baked in library of real games.

Seen the bug reports coming out for Gnome 3.12/GTK+3? Looks like they're no longer satsified with just breaking their own stuff every new release. Now they're screwing up everyones GTK3 apps.

News Comments > Expeditions: Conquistador Delayed
2. Re: Expeditions: Conquistador Delayed Apr 12, 2013, 12:25 LC

Well so far BitComposer's track record is pretty bad. You never know though they might accidently put out something decent.

an exciting and until now rarely used theme
Que? Most recently the Civ4 standalone Colonization. In the 90's you had the original Colonization, Conquest of the New World, Gold of the Americas, Cities of Gold or something like that, etc., etc... I'm sure there's more I'm not aware of like I kinda recall some RTS games over the last decade.

News Comments > Project GODUS Funded
38. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 23, 2012, 11:16 LC

Maybe after the success of this one he will do a kickstarter for Milo next?

Anyone besides me think Molyneux must be a big P.T. Barnum fan?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Drox Operative
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Drox Operative Nov 30, 2012, 12:43 LC

As Soldak says:
Drox Operative will also probably run fine in Linux using Wine (our previous games have).
The demo worked perfectly for me using Wine 1.4.1. Pity none of their games so far have really suited my tastes.

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Client
15. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Client Nov 6, 2012, 21:39 LC

Can only speak for myself but adding ads to local search is going downhill IMHO. Pretty poorly implemented too, poor security/privacy and no parental controls. Easily switched off or removed in the current release but it makes me wonder what Canonical has planned for the future. Adbuntu? Or maybe tap into full potential of Zeitgeist?
EFF on Ubuntu 12.10

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2012, 21:57.

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Client
8. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Client Nov 6, 2012, 16:05 LC

I have zero interest in Steam personally but I'm very curious to see how it works out. Mainly if they can make a profit on a niche operating system.

merc248 wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 15:18:
Seems there's another release of nVidia drivers for Linux today, boasting 'double performance' - this was made in conjunction with Valve apparently.

Anyone tried these yet on Linux? Are overscan and flat panel scaling still MIA from the settings?

35 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo