Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > HD Upgrades Free for Stronghold & Stronghold Crusader Owners
5. Re: HD Upgrades Free for Stronghold & Stronghold Crusader Owners Nov 1, 2012, 03:51 RailWizard

I pirated one of these once. That is time, bandwidth and 1 blank disc I will never get back.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer
14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer Oct 29, 2012, 22:58 RailWizard

Well that video host is a fucking bad joke. Hopefully it dies a quick death before others get the bright idea of using it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Video Games Industry To Join Three-Strikes Anti-Piracy Scheme. Oct 25, 2012, 18:47 RailWizard

The more you tighten your grip......  

News Comments > Three Dishonored Add-ons Announced
25. Re: Three Dishonored Add-ons Announced Oct 25, 2012, 18:41 RailWizard

{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 18:31:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 15:23:
Geez, how did I miss adding such an obvious troll to my ignore list?

Fixed.

Obvious troll? I see him discussing his views of the game coherently and going back and forth with verno, how is that trolling?
anyone who doesn't agree with your game love is a troll?

This is BN SoP now.

News Comments > Original DOOM 3 Off Steam
14. Re: Original DOOM 3 Off Steam Oct 24, 2012, 00:21 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 22:35:
5 year old game?
9, isn't it?

It is 9. D3 was out before Steam had anything but Valve games on it.

I also don't see why the fuck Bethesda is involved either. Is iD too fucking busy to handle this minor shit themselves? Same with Q4. They may as well just close shop if they are going to continue to 'delegate' shit like this. Hasbeens.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned
13. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Oct 24, 2012, 00:17 RailWizard

Starting to look like the fact that UO ended up a 'decent' game was a fluke.

The customization crap should be default. It's a full price game, stop dicking around with bs like that.

News Comments > Blizzard Once Toyed with Diablo in Space
25. Re: Blizzard Once Toyed with Diablo in Space Oct 23, 2012, 20:45 RailWizard

It would probably make this look like Shakespeare. Blizz should hire some real writers, or just people with brains.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched
18. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 20:36 RailWizard

Never again, EA.  

News Comments > One Year of Steam Workshop
2. Re: One Year of Steam Workshop Oct 22, 2012, 23:40 RailWizard

Workshop is fucking stupid. Sure, it sounds like a great idea, and people have made tons of stuff to put in it. BUT all items must be approved before they can be used, and guess what? Almost none are.

This is not how modding works....

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow
6. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow Oct 22, 2012, 16:30 RailWizard

I actually logged in the other day and it still runs like shit. Just choppy all over the place. Have no idea what's causing it, no other game does that. Died twice in the first 5mins cause of it and that was enough for me. heh.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
23. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2012, 23:37 RailWizard

Nucas wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 21:17:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 17:47:
I'm amazed they haven't backed down yet. They must really want that store....
people who say this - or worse, think they're going to "wait this one out" just don't get it. this is microsoft's plan for the future, and short of a customer revolt so severe it nearly destroys the company, you're going to need to get used to it. windows phone, xbox smartglass and windows now all share critical UI features and automatic synchronicity.

the UI is simple to pick up and, yes, it's going to make life for normal people easier. my mother has never been able to remember how to copy and paste a URL but was able to learn how to use the share charm in 2 days.

jumping between metro and the classic desktop could be smoother, and hopefully that's something they work on, but microsoft was losing marketshare with a stagnant product and they knew it. this is the kind of change they needed to stay relevant, and unifying all their products has been over a decade in the making.

as long as there's adequate training at the retail level (which really looks very so-so, they're fucking up here) average users are going to benefit from this. the windows desktop was 20 years old, do any of you use any other piece of technology that fucking antiquated?

You must be new to the internet. Welcome. Enjoy the imminent shit storm show. It should be a good one.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2012, 17:47 RailWizard

I'm amazed they haven't backed down yet. They must really want that store....  

News Comments > Ken Rolston Joins Turbine
18. Re: Ken Rolston Joins Turbine Oct 21, 2012, 02:19 RailWizard

Axis wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 23:48:

Can't say anything is "fact" when you just admitted you had no clue what was going on with the game until it went F2P.

I could care less what went on. Turbine sucks as bad as Funcom at making MMOs.

As for the "facts", that was just a jab at comments you made about POE. Which was AFAIK the only other time I have replied to you. Which then makes your comment about me constantly attacking you seem kind of retarded. Keep living the dream tho.

14. Re: Ken Rolston Joins Turbine Oct 20, 2012, 22:45 RailWizard

Axis wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 20:02:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 19:44:
Axis wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 17:01:
Regardless of how you'd like to label it - it caused most everyone to shut it off.

No one gives a shit if you can hit one button and spam Stairway to Heaven at the AH.

ABC ruined it, simple as that.

Breaking news: You are not most everyone.

Last time I played(couple years ago), people were listening to and playing music all over the place.

I ruined ur mom hurr hurr

Breaking news, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

I know the YEARS I played beginning in beta proved your statement to be undeniably false except the playing bit, tons of goons hitting their playbutton everywhere, everyone else glad to shut that shit off.

And ya, learning how to play an instrument, which was unheard of in a game, and having a thriving new community shattered with assholes hitting their play button everywhere sure is elitest. But again it's obvious you were no where to be found at the time, and likely not in the following years as you claim.

Maybe you could chime in something other than weak attacks? You seem keep trying to make every post into some personal argument towards me. Pretty soon I'll do the same to you if you keep that shit up.

heh well if it was a game worth money, I would've played at launch. It wasn't, so I played when it went F2P. Not my fault if you have bad taste. See how that works?

As for attacks...these are not, just facts. Of course arguing with someone from the guitar hero generation about "musical things" is probably not wise I'll admit. lol.

12. Re: Ken Rolston Joins Turbine Oct 20, 2012, 19:44 RailWizard

Axis wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 17:01:
Regardless of how you'd like to label it - it caused most everyone to shut it off.

No one gives a shit if you can hit one button and spam Stairway to Heaven at the AH.

ABC ruined it, simple as that.

Breaking news: You are not most everyone.

Last time I played(couple years ago), people were listening to and playing music all over the place.

I ruined ur mom hurr hurr

7. Re: Ken Rolston Joins Turbine Oct 20, 2012, 16:29 RailWizard

Axis wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 16:17:
Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 15:23:
Axis wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 15:17:
I'm surprised LOTRO is still going strong (if it actually is, I'm just guessing). DDO has been their consistent breadwinner.

Why suprised? LOTRO is great! Still some of the prettiest environmental design ever in a game. Riding out of the Misty Mountains into Rivendell at sunset is breautiful. The northern lights of Fornost are glorious to behold at night! The Mines of Moria are amazing in their size and scope. I still haven't touched Isengard but it and Rohan are my list to do one of these days. And minstels can play instruments. It's so cool playing Smoke on the Water on the mandolin.

I LOVED the music system till they implemented ABC.

In beta there was a HUGE lot of folks who were actually learning how to play and doing quite amazing stuff with glovepie, midi, and keymaps - many people were going out buying beginner midi keyboards. The music forum was one of the most active and blistering with excitement, people were clamoring to actually 'learn' something and would turn out in droves when a good musician would play something real-time.

Then they added the automatic MP3 lute player (aka ABC) and halted everything that made it great -- everyone pretty much shuts off the music system - seems few care to hear some copy paste MP3 all over the place, what a shock.

Boo-hoo. More elitest dribble. That's coming from someone that can play real instruments too.

There is nothing stopping people from playing in realtime now, or pre-recording something and playing it back. Of course, they can copy+paste as well. Big whoop.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
5. Re: Evening Screenshots Oct 17, 2012, 00:15 RailWizard

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 22:59:
Watched Aliens again over the weekend and really noticed how key the music was to the film. So excellent.

Music was a really big part of many older classics. It's a damn shame they just cut&paste music so often now. Of course, making music that epic is not exactly easy, but it's like they don't even bother trying now.

News Comments > Path of Exile Act 3 Details
3. Re: Path of Exile Act 3 Details Oct 17, 2012, 00:02 RailWizard

Axis wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 22:57:

You don't have to agree with me, I'm just stating a fact.

That seems to be half a fact since I see just as many people saying it's boring generic crap. I never played it, and doubt I will, so there is that. heh.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition Oct 16, 2012, 23:56 RailWizard

Yeah I bought Doom 3 BEFORE it was on steam, so this is all highly usefull... Actually I not only have the retail box, but I have the pre-order box too. lol.

...and WTF are they thinking charging $30 for an EIGHT YEAR OLD game?? A game that also was a 50/50 flop....though I liked it.

The Carmack must be running low on hookers and blow. (Rocket/car parts)

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2012, 23:50 RailWizard

heh that was fast. Was just a few weeks ago I mentioned this idea.

Magic Finger!

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo