Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
57. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 21:24 RailWizard

Pyloff wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 20:31:
I have the strong feeling Diablo III was created as a marketplace game. More a proof of concept than an actual game (i.e. semi-rewarding grind).

I believe they created the game to show the power of the market and the depravity of those who obsess. All those semi-news shows about gamer obsession should get a mole in Act-Blz. I'm sure their nipple nuts would spin.

I envision a bunch of steve ballmers in a board room all doing their crazy happy dances whenever they come up with a new money making idea.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Trailer
11. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Jul 17, 2012, 20:51 RailWizard

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 10:49:
RailWizard wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 00:49:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:37:
Had a blast (and still do) with the first one - although I think the hacking of content locally (ala Diablo 2) destroyed the game - but whatever.

Yes, it was the users choice whether to destroy Diablo 2. In Diablo 3, Blizzard decided they wanted a turn.

But they could bring that to YOUR game....moron.

lol? MY game, that is offline? You are clearly NOT batman.

News Comments > MOH Specs; Preorder BF4 Beta Access Confirmed
33. Re: MOH Specs; Preorder BF4 Beta Access Confirmed Jul 17, 2012, 20:45 RailWizard

MajorD wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 18:49:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 18:19:
MajorD wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:25:
Thank God for Indies!

I'm still waiting on that indie developed multiplayer FPS game that can be officially called a "Battlefield Killer".

All in due time. Wink

Hope you are all joking heh. After the rebirth indies might be worth something, but as of now, they are 99% shovelware trying to emulate the big boys.(money makers not 'good' games)

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Videos
6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Videos Jul 17, 2012, 20:33 RailWizard

I didn't pester or ask anybody. I assume I got in because I was in PS1 beta and still have the same account.  

News Comments > The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts?
38. Re: The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts? Jul 17, 2012, 20:28 RailWizard

Buuuurn. Buuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrn! Muah ha ha ha...BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Popcorn

29. Re: MOH Specs; Preorder BF4 Beta Access Confirmed Jul 17, 2012, 18:19 RailWizard

Verno wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 15:08:
I don't get the hate for Origin unless you are a steam fanboy.

I used 'origin' back when it was called 'Link' to buy some expansion for BF2. It was never a problem. This was also before steam had anything except Valve games on it.(I think...)

I get the hate for EA, just seems weird talking about 'origin' like it's some autonomous thing is all I'm saying.

Origin is just really mediocre and shows no signs of serious improvement. I don't hate it but I'd rather not have it installed until they decide to take it seriously. It's just a little ad/tracking vehicle for EA stuff and I don't think there is anything wrong with not wanting to feed into that. Forget about being a "fanboy", Valve has a history of consumer friendly decisions that make it easy to want to choose their DRM implementation over one from a company like EA who has a spotty track record in similar things.

tl;dr - you don't have to love Valve to see why people prefer Steam to Origin.

There is plenty of advertising on steam. To the exact same degree in fact. Storefront plastered, plus popups.

Steam is also quite bloated now, the client still shits the bed now and then even on my new awesome box of death. (i7-2700k/8gb)

Finally, nice as Valve is, I still don't feel comfortable gleefully handing over a monopoly without some 2nd thoughts.

About the only difference is steam has the community tools, chat, groups, etc...plus epic sales every so often. 'Origin' definitely suffers here.

23. Re: MOH Specs; Preorder BF4 Beta Access Confirmed Jul 17, 2012, 14:44 RailWizard

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 14:19:
I refuse to buy anything requiring Origin. And no, it isn't the same as Steam. I don't trust EA/Origin for anything. Shady bastards.

I don't get the hate for Origin unless you are a steam fanboy.

I used 'origin' back when it was called 'Link' to buy some expansion for BF2. It was never a problem. This was also before steam had anything except Valve games on it.(I think...)

I get the hate for EA, just seems weird talking about 'origin' like it's some autonomous thing is all I'm saying.

18. Re: MOH Specs; Preorder BF4 Beta Access Confirmed Jul 17, 2012, 13:52 RailWizard

Well so much for the debate about buying premium. lol

Did some Activision guys move over to EA or something?

How can they be this stupid???

11. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 11:46 RailWizard

Whatever. My desire to play sure died quick. Dayz, the steam sale, and getting into PS2 beta sure helps not miss it.

I think they should stop pretending they give a fuck about exploits and just get cranking on the inevitable expansion because the fucking game is in dire need of more.

8. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 11:40 RailWizard

wonkawonka wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:36:
I have no idea what the cheating is about, but it must be really rampant (and bots must be ruling the roost) because prices in the AH are insane for a normal player, and drops rates are epsilon (and drops are crap anyway).
I played 75 hours, much of it at level 60, quite a bit of it on inferno, and I have YET TO SEE A DROP BETTER THAN YELLOW.

Needless to say I stopped playing.

It's really like they have the game tuned for bots. (both apps and people...)

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access?
19. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 18:27 RailWizard

I liked bf3 pre-balance. Which wasn't so bad I guess, but I had a lot of hours into it by that point.

Closed quarters offended me greatly however, followed by further offence at the premium crap....and now here is bf4 poking it head out already, with 3 dlc's still undelivered but already paid for by hordes of suckers everywhere.

Yeah I'd say I have a right to bitch. For the first time in battlefield history, I am pissed off at DICE.

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access?
3. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 15:47 RailWizard

I hope death comes quick to this industry. It's painful to watch the decline.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2012, 00:55 RailWizard

lol that 680 is ridiculous.  

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Jul 13, 2012, 00:49 RailWizard

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:37:
Had a blast (and still do) with the first one - although I think the hacking of content locally (ala Diablo 2) destroyed the game - but whatever.

Yes, it was the users choice whether to destroy Diablo 2. In Diablo 3, Blizzard decided they wanted a turn.

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Jul 12, 2012, 12:27 RailWizard

This is the first footage that I actually liked of this sequel. Still annoyed by their pre-order/CE crap tho....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2012, 11:23 RailWizard

Firefly reunion....oh good, yet another reminder that there will never be anymore of it.  

News Comments > EA Shakeup Rumor
19. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:28 RailWizard

"Live within your means." does not seem to apply to the corporate video game world any longer.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears
11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 14:56 RailWizard

lol I can wait...

This is fucking sony after all, and twitter? FUCK THAT.

News Comments > Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers
3. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 11:02 RailWizard

I offer TWO DOLLHAIRS and a squirt of peepee.  

News Comments > Reznor Writing Black Ops II Theme
4. Re: Reznor Writing Black Ops II Theme Jul 10, 2012, 11:21 RailWizard

mch wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:14:
This seems like a pretty strange fit.

Edit:

ummm

His teaming with the game's development studio Treyarch is a suitable one as the Nine Inch Nails frontman is a fan of the Call of Duty franchise and 2010's Black Ops. "I have always looked to that franchise as the cutting edge of what seemingly unlimited budgets and full-on not cutting any corners can do in the current day and age," he says.

Lol_dies

lol that's pretty bad...

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo