Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
36. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 16:51 RailWizard

More maps. Less hacking. That's all I really care about.

It would be nice if the pk crazed douchebags would fuck off, but at least I can shoot them if I want, and I do.

Somehow though, and maybe this is just my multi-decades of game playing talking, I don't think this will stop the hacks. It may stop non-dayz weapons and vehicles from being spawned in, but that's just one little part of what's going on. If they turn scripting completely 'off', then maybe, but I have doubts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift
25. Re: Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift Aug 4, 2012, 03:09 RailWizard

Well yes, VR still has all the problems of being gimmicky and useless, but cool.

They have their work cut out for them, and will most likely fail regardless because they follow the dollar. If they did it right, it could be greatness.

Plenty of time to bitch about it, just pacing myself.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
13. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2012, 02:58 RailWizard

NKD wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 02:09:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 01:31:
So the solution is to make a spectacle of themselves? I'm just trying to see the end game here, and right now, it's pretty fucking foggy. What exactly does full equality look like? Are the rich going to start partying with the poor? Sometimes you just have to live with what you have and try to be happy with it, or kill yourself.

I think the reality is they will never be fully accepted, and the sooner they learn to live with that, the better it will be for everyone. Or we can fight about it some more.

Wow. Just wow.

I'm done.

Good.

11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2012, 01:31 RailWizard

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 23:49:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 23:21:
NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 22:13:
Telling a minority group to shut up and stop getting noticed so things will be easier on them probably isn't the right attitude to have.

..and yet, nothing could be more true. If you want to be part of the larger community, that means not having your own that separates you from it. Stop acting like victims, and maybe you'll stop being treated like one. There are so many examples of this in life I'm not even gonna bother giving examples. I do remember this lesson being drilled in many times in grade school though. No one gets special privilege. Anyone attempting to extort it was punished. Simple as that.

So it's the LGBT's communities fault that people hate them and attempt to exclude them from society? If only they would just go back in the closet?

So the solution is to make a spectacle of themselves? I'm just trying to see the end game here, and right now, it's pretty fucking foggy. What exactly does full equality look like? Are the rich going to start partying with the poor? Sometimes you just have to live with what you have and try to be happy with it, or kill yourself.

I think the reality is they will never be fully accepted, and the sooner they learn to live with that, the better it will be for everyone. Or we can fight about it some more.

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 3, 2012, 23:21 RailWizard

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 22:13:
Telling a minority group to shut up and stop getting noticed so things will be easier on them probably isn't the right attitude to have.

..and yet, nothing could be more true. If you want to be part of the larger community, that means not having your own that separates you from it. Stop acting like victims, and maybe you'll stop being treated like one. There are so many examples of this in life I'm not even gonna bother giving examples. I do remember this lesson being drilled in many times in grade school though. No one gets special privilege. Anyone attempting to extort it was punished. Simple as that.

News Comments > Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift
2. Re: Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift Aug 3, 2012, 21:23 RailWizard

I was just thinking that too. Making d4 a showcase for modern VR would be a good hook.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
22. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 19:39 RailWizard

So when is d3 coming out?  

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 3, 2012, 19:36 RailWizard

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 18:34:
Going out of your way to self-label and segregate seems to be attention whoring and just invites the problems one would ostensibly assume they'd like to avoid.

Careful. People have been burned to stakes for less. Dizzy

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
19. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 17:36 RailWizard

Optional nickname wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 15:40:
I've been permabanned from their forum today, for trolling. I guess that means their entire forum is now permabanned. In a way, I am happy, becuase I seriously needed that kick in the ass to confirm I've been wasting my time playing this game , albeit casually, since May 15th + 1 week for having to fix my blown CPU due to D3 beta and it's unoptimized CPU destroyer.

my problem, along with many others, is that we loved D1 and 2, and are FOOLING ourselves into thinking this game is anything like the previous iterations.

Good riddance Blizzard, I'm going to set my CE on fire and post it soon on reddit.

In the end, I am happy to have this wakeup call, I mean, in all honesty, their gameplay engine mechanics wise, was ok, it works as an arpg so to speak, the mindless clicking ...

but the buck stops there Mike. thanks for this historic moment, you fail. not me. you and your rigged AH, and I pity those to have spent real dollars on RHAH, to each their own with that though.

I'm off to play Path of exile, and praise those indie developers for trying to keep the real legacy of this genre, alive and well.
Their beta invite was sitting in my inbox for the longest time, I was a fool to have let that sit there all this time, until now.

Welcoming also TL2, but I know Runic games is now tainted with Blizzard's bribes to delay their game further on purpose, so I may have to ignore their game too.

money corrupts, and I knew this all along. #@%@# me to hell.

/cheers Bluesnews.

Optional Sanity?

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: Rest of the World says: Aug 3, 2012, 01:37 RailWizard

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:34:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:19:
Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:12:
After Quake 4, we don't really care so much anymore, John.

Creston

FTFY

Quake 4 wasn't made by id.

Then they should've called it something else. It looks worse than q3 and iD let that happen.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2012, 01:33 RailWizard

Was the vsync bug ever fixed in opengl? You know the one that existed for all of winxp's lifespan?  

15. Re: Rest of the World says: Aug 3, 2012, 01:19 RailWizard

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:12:
After Quake 4, we don't really care so much anymore, John.

Creston

FTFY

14. Re: etc., etc. Aug 3, 2012, 01:18 RailWizard

DangerDog wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 00:39:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 21:16:
I don't recall asking. Tho now that I know, I'm curious wtf they are going to do with it. More d3 boogeyman crap, or a true attempt at a remake.

Doom 4 looks to be an updated version of Doom 2, that is to say it takes place on Planet Earf

What gives you that idea?

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
24. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 01:05 RailWizard

UH OH! BETTER CHAPTER 11 BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!  

2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 2, 2012, 21:16 RailWizard

I don't recall asking. Tho now that I know, I'm curious wtf they are going to do with it. More d3 boogeyman crap, or a true attempt at a remake.  

News Comments > Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits
3. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 21:45 RailWizard

lol  

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
12. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 17:30 RailWizard

NKD wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 17:11:
This still surprises me, given Bioware's reluctance to use the F2P model for Warhammer, which has a tiny fraction of the subs of SWTOR. I guess they figure it's a better fit for this more PvE-centric game. I dunno.

Either way, it's probably the only way to ensure the games longevity at this point. The industry is moving away from subscriptions. The exception will be niche titles from companies like CCP.

EVE is basically FP2 too, you just have to work for it in game. Though to get started you do have to pay.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent
15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 14:38 RailWizard

hmm which beta is this? Beta been running for some time now...

Not all game systems have been tested, so I'm guessing it's not open beta, yet.

News Comments > Uplay Patched
3. Re: Uplay Patched Jul 30, 2012, 21:04 RailWizard

Wret wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 20:35:
Just repeating this from the other thread, as several posters are very misinformed as to how the plugin is installed:

"uPlay 1.xx asked permission to install the browser plugins, but the recently released 2.0 silently installs it and actually requires it or the launcher refuses to function.

I have a copy of AC:B (from Amazon, not Steam) and installed uPlay on a brand new PC a week ago, straight from Ubi's website, in order to redownload it as Ubi's servers are faster. It didn't ask or even mention anything about a browser plugin, and there's nothing in the settings either. It was installed to FF and attempts to remove it caused uPlay to insist that it's installation was broken. Disabling it was the only option short of just not installing the game."

hmm didn't they fix firefox to always ask before it allows any plugin to be installed? Or maybe that's only from inside the browser...

News Comments > Uplay Patched
1. Re: Uplay Patched Jul 30, 2012, 20:29 RailWizard

UnoPlay!

That's all I see here.

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo