Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
28. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 03:36 RailWizard

Paketep wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 20:45:
So, for Jay Wilson "fuck that loser" is "defending his team".

No wonder Diablo 3 ended up being a DRM'ed piece of shit with a lead like that.

Yeah and he also is not entirely apologizing either, just saying that he wishes his reply was more 'polite'.

Jay 'douchewad' Wilson wrote:
I only wish I'd done so in a more professional manner.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2012, 03:44.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sony Liverpool Closing
16. Re: Sony Liverpool Closing Aug 22, 2012, 15:32 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:35:
I played a ton of Destruction Derby and Destruction Derby 2 on the PC.

Man, the DD levels of Flat-Out weren't half as good.

I played those on the PSone. Man, so long ago...that was before I even had a pc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 15:21 RailWizard

1badmf wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 14:00:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 13:02:
Ratty wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:58:
Wasn't there an episode of House where they finally figured out why someone was dying and it turned out to be they'd broken their big toe and there was a clot or something? Don't mean to alarm, I'm just sayin ...
I think it was gangrene. Or no...it was the marrow leaking out into the blood stream. Ok I forget. I like House a lot tho. He's a lot like me.

it was the episode with Mira Sorvino stuck in antarctica and the team had to do a tele-diagnosis. house talked her into taking her clothes off on cam for science! and diagnosis, and found something before he got to her feet which was where the break was. the cold numbed the pain so she had no idea it was there. yes that was all from memory =P

ahh yes. I remember now. That was a pretty cool(no pun intended lol) episode. Kinda hard to remember with 8 seasons. I'm glad they ended it, stuff was getting pretty thin.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 13:02 RailWizard

Ratty wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:58:
Wasn't there an episode of House where they finally figured out why someone was dying and it turned out to be they'd broken their big toe and there was a clot or something? Don't mean to alarm, I'm just sayin ...
I think it was gangrene. Or no...it was the marrow leaking out into the blood stream. Ok I forget. I like House a lot tho. He's a lot like me.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
73. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:58 RailWizard

Whatever. I am done here. I don't even remember the last game I pirated. Just like I don't remember the last UBI game I played.  

71. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:53 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:50:
Jesus, dude, use Google if you don't know. They're French. Specifically European France, which is basically not at all the US...

lol ok you win. It still changes nothing about my point however...

65. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:48 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:38:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:26:
Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:23:
Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:21:
spacecadet wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:01:
As someone who works in the gaming industry I have to say his numbers look about right. Once you start considering countries like China and Brazil the piracy rates shoot through the roof. The entire comment is about those countries, but everyone here takes it as an attack on western gamers, that is funny in so many ways.

Western gamers are directly affected so of course we weigh in, I'm not sure why that is funny.

It's not funny that we weigh in, it's funny that we think we're the entire world.

And while I get that we're not, we've very specific in our gaming. Sony has found that out now that Microsoft is dominating the US - Western gamers like a certain type of game. Chinese gamers like a different game.
Anyone trying to cater to both will get burned very badly.

No what's funny is UBI expects the ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD to play by their rules. Gee I wonder where they got that idea from....

<cue music> http://www.youtube.com/embed/ce8CgJRkr_I (i know it's removed, it fits.)

Hey... buddy... do you think "Yves Guillemot" is an American executive?
Helpful hint: Ubisoft isn't an American company.
Other helpful hint: even in China people are expected to pay for what they use.

lol like his name has anything to do with anything. But you are right, they are Canadian, specifically, Eastern Canadian, which is basically USA Jr..

63. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:43 RailWizard

PropheT wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:32:
The important part of all of this is that if the publishers think they're losing that amount of sales to piracy, then piracy is as big of a problem as they say it is. They're the ones sending the content out, they're the ones controlling if they even make the games to distribute on PC in the first place; if they don't feel they'll make a return on investment whether due to actual piracy or perceived piracy the end result for us is the same.

I've been working in IT for about 15 years now, and anyone who does knows that piracy is rampant among that crowd of people. 90%+ is not hard to believe, at least among IT workers (who are almost always gamers to some degree)...I'm the -only- gamer in any of the groups I've been with over the last ten years that buys all the games I play. It has always baffled me how obstinately opposed gaming forums always seem to be that piracy is a real problem for not just the guys making money off of the games but for PC gamers as a result.

It doesn't even matter if they're really losing sales for each pirated copy, as long as piracy is seen as the problem it is by the publishers we're getting the console scraps, MMO's, or free to play games because anything else is too much of a risk.

Yeah that's a nice theory, but until we see some real numbers on cost vs. profit(which we never will...), then that's all it is.

58. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:26 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:23:
Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:21:
As someone who works in the gaming industry I have to say his numbers look about right. Once you start considering countries like China and Brazil the piracy rates shoot through the roof. The entire comment is about those countries, but everyone here takes it as an attack on western gamers, that is funny in so many ways.

Western gamers are directly affected so of course we weigh in, I'm not sure why that is funny.

It's not funny that we weigh in, it's funny that we think we're the entire world.

And while I get that we're not, we've very specific in our gaming. Sony has found that out now that Microsoft is dominating the US - Western gamers like a certain type of game. Chinese gamers like a different game.
Anyone trying to cater to both will get burned very badly.

No what's funny is UBI expects the ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD to play by their rules. Gee I wonder where they got that idea from....

<cue music> http://www.youtube.com/embed/ce8CgJRkr_I (i know it's removed, it fits.)

54. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:21 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:18:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:10:
Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:46:

No one said anything about pirating f2p games...

Well it's kind of hard to tell...so much bullshit spewing out between every word and all...
Never, ever criticize any one else's comprehension. It's extremely clear he's saying f2p is a way to fight piracy by accepting it, not that it is piracy.

Furthermore, he mentions reaching countries where they couldn't previously get revenues, as no one purchased the products despite playing the products. Clearly not the Western world.

It's like some of you (RailWizard) just see a publisher saying something and your brains turn off. Honestly, if you take what Blue quoted, and read it, not a single bit of it fails to make sense.
1) They want to do more in the PC market
2) They feel F2P is the way to do this
3) There are many countries out there that play video games without paying for them
4) F2P will help solve this. The same amount of people will be playing for free, anyway
5) There's a longer tail on F2P, so products get supported longer and get content longer

None of this can be disputed much. What can be disputed is if this is the right plan of attack, or whether it's good for the people that do play. Honestly, my opinion is always "screw piracy," as most western pirates tend to be big buyers, anyway, and most non-western pirates can't afford to buy. Play with pricing, but going f2p means changing the entire way a game is played, which is bad.
Cater to those that buy, not those that don't.

lol....no comment.

48. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:16 RailWizard

Yeah. I believe that falls into "they were never going to buy it anyway", and regardless, good-fucking-luck enforcing anything over there.

That is pure statistical bs. Are those countries UBI's target demographic? lol that idea is absurd, but obviously they are suggesting that punishing US for THIER sins is 'legit' apparently.

It pretty much boils down to trying to get blood from a stone. UBI's target demographic doesn't give them enough money, so they are whining about the savages not making up for it. Retarded.

47. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:10 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:46:

No one said anything about pirating f2p games...

Well it's kind of hard to tell...so much bullshit spewing out between every word and all...

6. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 10:42 RailWizard

Who's ass were those stats pulled out of? (edit:dammit beat me by 1 post! lol)

..and how does one pirate a F2P game?

Geez these guys are some whining babies. Blame everyone and everything but yourselves, that's right. Rolleyes

42. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 06:20 RailWizard

Ledge wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 01:40:
hope all is ok blue.

Yeah actually as one whose toes seem to be magnetic, I do sympathize. I am constantly bashing them against something. It is a minor miracle that I have not broken anything, yet. I'd reference that one bruce willis movie, but I hear that didn't turn out so well. ;p

41. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 04:39 RailWizard

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 16:07:
I understand that most people can't cope with the reality that were are ultimately alone in the universe. They need religion the way a drowning man needs a lifejacket. That most of them would either give up and live in complete despair or go mad. Most people live in such shitty circumstances around the world they need the narcotic effect of religion. However, religion is all the major set of chains that has kept mankind enslaved to its own misery. Willing to forgo demanding equality and a better life here and now they trade it in for some mythical eternal paradise later. In other words, they're suckers.

Are their other forms of life in the universe? Obviously? Higher orders of life? Certainly? An all powerful, all knowing, all seeing deity? Doubtful. And even if there were it wouldn't be anymore interested in us than we are with the germs on a countertop. Does something happen when we die? I believe so. Nothing like any of the religions would have you believe, but something. I've always found it amazing that all the atoms in your body are replaced several times over throughout your life yet the essence of you remains. Trip balls.

Right. Either that or you are just afraid of the light. You know nothing and revel in your arrogant blindness.

Like Yoda would say "Size matters not." (inb4 I get reamed for making a star wars reference.) Just because the universe is big doesn't mean it just exists because it's too big not to exist.(ok that was weak.) Why couldn't it be created? "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Here's another one for you. "When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong."

If what you say is based on "Science", then it is the science of stupid.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Three days after suing Apple, Google says patent wars hurt consumers Aug 22, 2012, 04:13 RailWizard

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 21:22:
Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 13:49:
Nucas wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 12:50:
i don't see anything wrong with disdaining the game you've been forced to play.

these patent lawsuits are so ridiculous and literally out of control i don't see how the current system can be allowed to stand. but knowing america, i'm sure we'll instead simply find a way to make it workable and let the industry stagnate as a result.

Look at how many effing politicians are effing lawyers. They don't want it to change because this is how they get rich. They could care less if it's bad for everyone and everything else so long as they get theirs. This is the major problem overall in America.

Lincoln:

“We may congratulate ourselves that this cruel war is nearing its end. It has cost a vast amount of treasure and blood … It has indeed been a trying hour for the Republic; but I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless.”

Damn, Lincoln was pretty smart. He was also ugly as sin, which is why he'd never be elected today. People will probably laugh at that, but I think it's true.

I was watching Back to the Future yesterday and a line the Doc says really struck me. The one where he asks Marty who the president was, and Marty replied Ronald Reagan. The Doc says "The actor!? Of course! With all the cameras in the future it makes sense!"

But this also ties into another theory of mine that I came up with in recent years. There are no more ugly actors/resess. This is why 90% of movies and TV shows are about as exciting as watching golf. They hire based on NOTHING but looks alone. Sure once in a while they get lucky and get someone that has both personality and charisma, but it is rare as fuck.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
47. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 22, 2012, 03:56 RailWizard

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 02:32:
Just tried it again. Crashed out and dc'd under 3 minutes.

Uninstalled.

Blizzard really f'd that game up.

Yeah, it's still horrible. I logged on my wizard, was in sewers so I try to TP.....nope, had to alt-F4 because I couldn't even leave or exit properly.

Tried again, but it's still laggy as fuck. I get a decent ping, but it's just choppy all the time. This on a computer that could probably run a dozen instances of D3 and not break a sweat. Pathetic. Inferno still rapes me pretty bad too and I just no longer care.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
42. removed Aug 22, 2012, 00:39 RailWizard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 22, 2012, 08:56.

40. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 23:10 RailWizard

deqer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:23:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:20:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:56:
Is there still option to play with bots, like it was in the previous game? I didn't mind playing against bots offline every now and then.

There is bots. There is even a training course. It is still CS with it's 10+ year old game play tho.
"tho" ? What? You wanted something different after 10 years, it sounds like? lol

How old is the language, English? Should we bring on a new language because English is old?

How come your parents are related? Too lazy?

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:20 RailWizard

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:56:
Is there still option to play with bots, like it was in the previous game? I didn't mind playing against bots offline every now and then.

There is bots. There is even a training course. It is still CS with it's 10+ year old game play tho.

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo