Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev
11. Re: Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev Aug 29, 2012, 12:47 RailWizard

Spec Ops has always been bargin bin material day 1 since it's inception.

The real story here is why or how they keep making it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF3 Armored Kill Next Month
8. Re: BF3 Armored Kill Next Month Aug 28, 2012, 22:18 RailWizard

Elessar wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 14:09:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 21:00:
I did actually grab premium just cuz I felt invested in BF3 already. I also have zero plans to buy bf4, especially since it's just more of the same.

All I have to say is the next 3 dlc better be good, because CQ is fucking shit. Either way, last DICE product, ever.

I wanted to buy CQ but held out because I hadn't heard much about it. They're doing a terrible job of marketing and integrating bf3 dlc. PS3 gets it first, then premium users on other platforms, then the public release. Then you're lucky to find servers depending on which DLC at a what time you want to play it. Armrored Kill is going to make Close Quarters even more obsolete and so will each successive DLC release.

So instead I spent 15 bucks on CS:GO and have thoroughly enjoyed it for the money spent.

Well for what it is CQ isn't totally bad. What's bad is finding a good way to play it. Which means finding a low population server... Problem is most are 32+ players(or empty) and it's just a cluster fuck as the maps are pretty small. Really feels like CoD that way.

The new gun master mode is kinda neat, similar to the one in CS:GO actually, but easily forgettable.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
48. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 12:47 RailWizard

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 12:45:
Someone has maxed a crafter already. Give me a break, this is just another copy cat MMO with very little substance behind it. No challenge, strictly fun. We saw that with SWTOR and the exact same complaints will follow this title. Nothing original, at least their is no subscription for this game, kudos to the developers for that.

Fun is great, and this game has plenty of that, but in the long run, it is the same old, same old crap they have been serving to the MMO players since EQ was unfurled.

I have nothing against fun, BUT there is nothing new in this title, just presented in a slightly different manner. Anyone thinking this will be a game they play for a long time has been smoking something far more potent than weed.

So basically, exactly like GW1? Color me unsurprised.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2012, 10:55 RailWizard

Never cheered at someones death before, but that bigfoot asshole has changed that.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
8. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Aug 27, 2012, 22:38 RailWizard

I just said I didn't like the trailer, didn't mean to ruin the whole industry. lol

I still think the founder packs are ridiculous, even if the game turns out good, and by ridiculous I'm pretty much referring to price vs. content.

edit: I also have to agree about lack of single player. That's where most of my mech time has been spent thus far other than some Lan action with a friend or 2. So full on pub brawls is yet unproven to me as far as fun goes. I did do a little in MWLL, but it didn't hold my interest for very long...

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2012, 22:43.

3. Re: BF3 Armored Kill Next Month Aug 27, 2012, 22:33 RailWizard

ASeven wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 21:06:
Have they released any patch since the last DLC?

No idea, but I just picked it up last week. I doubt it.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Aug 27, 2012, 21:06 RailWizard

Ya that guy sounds like a douche, and this trailer makes the game look less than special. Glad I'm not a founder! lol  

1. Re: BF3 Armored Kill Next Month Aug 27, 2012, 21:00 RailWizard

I did actually grab premium just cuz I felt invested in BF3 already. I also have zero plans to buy bf4, especially since it's just more of the same.

All I have to say is the next 3 dlc better be good, because CQ is fucking shit. Either way, last DICE product, ever.

News Comments > Hawken Oculus Rift Support
9. Re: Hawken Oculus Rift Support Aug 27, 2012, 19:33 RailWizard

bhcompy wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 18:38:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 17:42:
Steazy wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 16:32:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 16:01:
The free-2-play model is just such bullshit, all these developers give lip service to the games not being pay-2-win but in the end it's either grind, grind, grind or pay up!

Yea it really sucks how developers all want to make a living wage and shit, fuck those guys! Make me some games bitch! I don't care if you could make ten times as much money with your skill set doing something else! LIVE IN POVERTY LIKE A MAN!

No, but the sooner this "free-2-play" scheme comes to an end the better off we'll be, I'm still a fan of pay once and play whenever you want.

So would I, but I also like my developers to continually develop the product, which the continual revenue stream allows without the restriction of being solely subscription based. League of Legends and World of Tanks both have decent and fair(particularly LoL) free to play models, and I enjoy playing them and occasionally paying for something from them, and both are under constant development, so situations like with most modern one time fee PC games where bugs stay forever and no new maps, modes, weapons, etc ever release because the developer moves on to make a different game to go in to debt to make a product and hope to recoup costs on purchase price alone don't occur.

LoL pretty much requires you to use the latest toons or else get rolled by them. Maybe it's changed since I played, but I doubt it.

WoT is really bad though. I am currently playing this and it takes a ridiculous amount of grinding to get anywhere, and the money they want to short that is FUCKING NUTS! Seriously those guys must have a Phd. in greed because I can't even imagine what the cost would be to buy everything available in that cheapass game AND maintain it assuming you still can play without your ass swallowing your chair after getting raped like that.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2012, 00:21 RailWizard

Fired up steam, came to realization. I think TF2 has to be the most patched game in history, by a ridiculously large amount. I mean it's basically daily....  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 06:18 RailWizard

InBlack wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 05:49:
Will they have EU servers?

It already does.

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 17:14 RailWizard

1badmf wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 16:39:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:17:
Don't mean to rain on any parades, but I've been in since 1st wave and it's pretty bland. It's basically bf3 with a bigger map and less gear.

Though they STILL don't have all systems operational, like 'perks' or w/e they call them. So there possibly is still hope.

It feels nothing like PS1, I can say that much with certainty.

an aircraft carrier is just a sailboat, but bigger and without a sail. see? i can irrationally oversimplify too! i've never seen a bf3 game where i was part of a column of around 30 tanks rolling cross country to our next target. be blase all you want, but that's a unique and exciting experience not to be found in COD nonsense.

A column of 30 tanks you say? Well I dunno what you've been playing, but I've never seen that in PS2.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 15:55 RailWizard

btw does it strike any USians as odd that Russia Today seems to be the best source for US news?

Citation: http://rt.com/usa/news/tsa-shirt-arijit-delta-308/

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2012, 17:15.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
35. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 15:43 RailWizard

gilly775 wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:33:
Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:04:
gilly775 wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:57:
So don't use it. I go into the Start Screen to search, not to click on pretty looking tiles. While it does cater to tablets, it still is a functional OS that has allowed me to open items faster than searching for the same things in the Start Menu in 7.

You have to use it, that's the point and what is rubbing many people the wrong way. There are many ways to trigger Metro, you get bounced into it for everything from search to plugging in a second monitor to shutting down the machine. Microsoft went out of its way to prevent most forms of booting straight to the desktop. They even ripped out legacy Start code in an effort to prevent people avoiding its use then they tied it into many other areas of functionality.

I can understand people liking Metro but what I don't get is people who seem to think that others are whining because they don't like being bounced between two jarringly different interfaces. Having a tablet mode would not have been a difficult thing, Windows 7 already laid the ground work.

Ok, I'm speaking of the Start Screen and you are talking about Metro. I have no issues with Metro, it doesn't take that much to hit Windows key + I to power it down and I actually like the popups when you plug in a USB drive. If anything, it also helps those that can't see well.

I finally had to break down and buy a new keyboard after building my latest computer due to not being able to get my trusty IBM Ps2 KB working on it. It's a ThermalTake MEKA and guess what key it doesn't have on it...

Yes, it was a bit of a snap decision and I should've paid more attention, but other than having NO windows key and a bit of a weird layout, it's pretty awesome.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 15:38 RailWizard

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems like the only reason microsoft is pushing Metro so hard is because of the app store. Is that right?

It's like they've figured out how to make windows into a F2P type deal where they plan to microtransact the ever loving shit out of all us peons.

It all seems pretty ridiculous given that almost nobody has a touch screen monitor(does anyone even sell those?) and Metro is obviously designed for exactly that.

It's really hard to believe that after all these years MS can be this arrogantly stupid. I guess some lessons need to be learned more than once for some people.

It will take a lot to get me off win7. This I know.

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 15:17 RailWizard

Don't mean to rain on any parades, but I've been in since 1st wave and it's pretty bland. It's basically bf3 with a bigger map and less gear.

Though they STILL don't have all systems operational, like 'perks' or w/e they call them. So there possibly is still hope.

It feels nothing like PS1, I can say that much with certainty.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 15:11 RailWizard

Matshock wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 11:10:

Technology doesn't replace due diligence. Nature is not tamed yet.

Maybe it's just that my tinfoil hat is on too tight, but I think it's inevitable that we are headed to some kind of anti-antibiotic apocalypse. The idea is nothing new of course...it just disturbs me how the medical industry only says this once in a while. Meanwhile the shit is put into everything just to make a few bucks.

I am a dirty bastard. My immune system is like Superman. I can't even remember the last time I was sick.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 15:03 RailWizard

dardin wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 11:01:
The blinking function happens automatically on stop lights when they malfunction or lose power. I know where I live all the lights are monitored remotely these days so if there is a malfunction or a problem no one needs to call it in. Ours even have traffic monitoring cameras on pretty much every light here in town. They use these cameras to monitor the traffic flow and adjust the timing of the lights based on it. Apparently this is not the case with that light where you live.

There are some near me that blink(go offline) after a certain hour. As for traffic cams....if the day comes when those are on every light, that is the day I become a vandal and maybe start selling those bitches.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Notes Errata
15. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 14:59 RailWizard

deqer wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:46:
Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:33:
I'm not surprised with your response, because you're another victim as well just like this guy. You've spoken already about how you're revisiting/playing after these updates. So, I'm not surprised. And yes, by continuing to play, he is supporting the company.

Your inappropriate and misapplied use of the word victim aside, if he is having a good time and enjoying himself then there is no problem. It's his money, it's already spent which invalidates your entire argument and quite frankly it's none of your business. You aren't some special snowflake who gets to tell people what to play and how to spend their money. People like different things, grow up.

If you were in any way remotely objective or reasonable, you'd understand that Blizzard deserves criticism for their mistakes but they also deserve praise when they get something right.

Well, that's why I said he's pushing himself to continue playing it. He's telling himself to enjoy it because he spent $60 on it.

Blah, whatever.

Have fun being owned by blizzard and playing your single-player game online only, and only when Blizzard says so. Forever.

There is nothing wrong with giving them a chance to redeem themselves. Of course at this point it seems pretty unlikely that they ever will.

I will say my list of *DO NOT PAY* devs is growing rapidly.

DICE
BLIZZARD
UBISOFT
and more but they were already on the list so I don't mention them.

Who's next?

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Notes Errata
2. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 11:30 RailWizard

banned?  

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo