Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month
28. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:27 RailWizard

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:19:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:14:
That's good because rude and disrespectful was the point.

There are many ways to express your scorn of the gaming industry or Gearbox software without bragging about pirating their games. It comes off as very immature, muddies legitimate discussion and is pretty much an indefensible position.

Well I could lie about it, but then I'd be just like everyone else, and I aspire to be better than that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:14 RailWizard

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:08:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:01:
That's ok because I don't see the point you're making when you use the word "steal".

also lol@*comment removed*

We have a lot of game developers and people who work in the industry here. Shamelessly bragging about committing piracy is really rude and disrespectful. There are a ton of warez forums and places to do that already.

That's good because rude and disrespectful was the point. I wouldn't call it bragging though. That's just silly. I can turn my TV off too if I don't like what I see, that doesn't mean I equate it with being a 'skill'.

Also remember that 'gearbox' was the punchline to the longest running internet joke ever called 'DNF' which everyone seems to have forgiven them for.

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:01 RailWizard

Alamar wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 13:35:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:41:
NKD wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:23:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:07:
All is available on the good ship Piracy. I'll be taking that voyage until the inevitable GOTY edition hit's $5 on steam. Stuff that in your gearbox.

And this is the reason publishers perceive the PC market as a bunch of freeloaders.

Better to be a freeloader than a golddigger. If they want my money, they WILL treat me with more respect.

And while everyone "oooo's" and "ahhh's" at Skyrim being on the top ten steam sellers week after week, it also has remained on TPB top 100 for just as long. They are making their money and people are getting free stuff. Win=Win.

btw my steam library contains over 100 games and that's maybe half of my 'legit' library. I generally don't buy cheap indy crap either.

I don't see the point you're trying to make about having a 'legit' library after just stating you'll steal something, but throw a few pennies at them when it's dirt cheap...

-Alamar

That's ok because I don't see the point you're making when you use the word "steal".

also lol@*comment removed*

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 4, 2012, 12:57 RailWizard

Damnit! I liked samsung too...oh well, add them to the funeral pyre!  

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 12:41 RailWizard

NKD wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:23:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:07:
All is available on the good ship Piracy. I'll be taking that voyage until the inevitable GOTY edition hit's $5 on steam. Stuff that in your gearbox.

And this is the reason publishers perceive the PC market as a bunch of freeloaders.

Better to be a freeloader than a golddigger. If they want my money, they WILL treat me with more respect.

And while everyone "oooo's" and "ahhh's" at Skyrim being on the top ten steam sellers week after week, it also has remained on TPB top 100 for just as long. They are making their money and people are getting free stuff. Win=Win.

btw my steam library contains over 100 games and that's maybe half of my 'legit' library. I generally don't buy cheap indy crap either.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 4, 2012, 12:34 RailWizard

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:01:
And not a single fuck was given...

I wish I could take some back at this point.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Supernatural
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Supernatural Sep 4, 2012, 12:31 RailWizard

Mfw...

also

Can you do this?

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
51. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 4, 2012, 12:22 RailWizard

Ant wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 04:08:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 04:04:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 17:13:
And...

Vasquez: Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are.
Drake: Go, Vasquez. Kick ass.
Vasquez: Anytime, anywhere, man!
Hudson: Right, right. Somebody said "alien" she thought they said "illegal alien" and signed up!
Vasquez: Fuck you, man!
Hudson: Anytime, anywhere.

Goddamn you Aliens quoting Fckers. It's 10PM on a worknight, and now I'm throwing my Aliens BRD into the player.

"Maybe it's like an ant hive..." "Bees man, bees have hives." "You know what I mean. It's like one female that runs the whole show." "Yes, the queen." "Yeah the mamma. She is bad*ss, man. I mean big." "These things ain't ants estupido." "I know that." --Aliens movie

Ok we've got 7 canisters of CN-20, I say we roll them in there and nerve-gas the whole fucking nest.

50. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 4, 2012, 12:18 RailWizard

InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 08:59:
These guys have been working how long on the game???

Since its soooo easy to insert another playable character into the narrative of the story, regardless of gender, Im worried that the game is going to turn out like most other Gearbox games. IE Shit.

In any case I would like to start a petition for a transgender playable character because.....well just because.

Have to agree on that. I'm leery of anything coming out of gearbox. They have turd polishing down quite nicely.

15. removed Sep 4, 2012, 12:07 RailWizard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 4, 2012, 12:59.

News Comments > Labor Day Legal Briefs
9. Re: Labor Day Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2012, 22:34 RailWizard

Cram wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 21:05:
Internet Journalism, where one source, a garbage tabloid, posts something without themselves a source, everyone else believes it is true and posts it on their news site.

Well at least it showed a lot of people wish something like that would happen.

Then again I think heads should roll anytime the news tells lies.

31. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 22:24 RailWizard

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 21:27:
Julio wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 18:28:
The couple of female gamers out there will be happy. Otherwise who cares?

Wow. That was...ignorant.

I have a ton of female gamers who visit my store. I'm in a small town. I'm going to leave you to draw your own conclusions, though they'll likely be hilariously ignorant as well.

Virgin radar is quite weak....

16. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 18:29 RailWizard

I'd like more movies already tbh, but would have to be an honest try at doing it justice. (i.e. not the crap as of late.)

There is tons of potential story there.

Like the Aliens. They had a ship. They flew it. They were more than just mindless drones, somehow.

Or Predators, tribal, ancient, hunters, factions, etc...

(I has not seen Prometheus. So can't comment on w/e happens there.)

10. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 16:51 RailWizard

Fantaz wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:19:
Ripley!

Vasquez, clear and lock.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2012, 17:13 RailWizard

I've always been curious if this 'mexi-coke' ever makes it up to canada. Anyone seen any? I've never bothered looking as I assume not.  

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
6. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 14:30 RailWizard

descender wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 14:18:
The loot drops in Borderlands were atrocious... I didn't find a new weapon on my entire second playthrough. Think about that for a second.

This "we won't hotfix it" thing screams of "we can't afford to lose anymore players, so keep using these broken features until we break everything else".

I 2nd this. In all my hours of playing/farming I found 1 pearl, and it was a crappy shield I've never used.

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
3. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 13:55 RailWizard

Flamethrower Zombie Zombie Zombie Rifle  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 NDA Ends
24. Re: PlanetSide 2 NDA Ends Sep 1, 2012, 11:46 RailWizard

Nighthawk wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 08:20:
I've got a 10 hours played (http://raptr.com/grady450 )and have put a decent ammount of time into all the classes. Never played the first one.
It's good, although a little unbalanced with the factions, a lot of people seem to be avoiding the Vanu Sovereignty for some reason, and have to learn how to multi crew vehicles (taking a liberator bomber and flying off with nobody else? that lets you have a gun, no bombs).
The gameplay is good, performance has improved, but people are going to be the problem.

In the first one, tanks required a gunner to shoot. All you could do was drive.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2012, 20:13 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 16:07:

Although, in truth, I suppose it does beat 2 or 3 regular monitors for wide screen gaming

This was my first thought.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Season Pass
6. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 10:36 RailWizard

I hate DICE.  

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo