Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 18:38 RailWizard

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:32:
Metro is a fun map. When it's played in rush mode. With 32 players or less.

Metro was not designed to be played with 64 players in conquest mode, for reasons that should be obvious when playing it that way. Why admins insist on putting it into 64 player server rotations is beyond me.

Yeah, and CQ is a 'good' DLC as long as you can find servers and players that play it 'properly'. As in, good fucking luck with that.

The thing that has made BF so good over the years is precisely the big maps with all roles included. This fits the public server role better than anything else. If you want smaller, more team oriented style, there are games for that. I.E. CoD, CS, TF2, etc....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Screenshot Watermarks?
16. Re: WoW Screenshot Watermarks? Sep 11, 2012, 18:33 RailWizard

I don't get it. Other than 'because they can' I just don't get it.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 15:15 RailWizard

Well the maps are big. As in WTF big since it makes you wonder why ALL the maps aren't that big. This DLC clearly demonstrates there is no reason for small maps other than morons that must be spoon fed. i.e. Metrotards.  

News Comments > More Big Picture Details
33. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 11, 2012, 06:52 RailWizard

blah blah blah...what we really need is the next generation of game controller. Yes, that means something better than console controller crap, as well as better than mouse & keyboard. That is a tall menu, and I find it depressing that no one has risen to that challenge as of yet.

If you ask me, what we need(be prepared to laugh) is a real version of the Nintendo power glove. You know, the way you expected it to be before you actually tried it...

Assuming this dream actually comes to fruition, it would come with both left and right hands, so that NO ONE is left out. I suppose it would still be 'glove & keyboard'. heh. It's not so hard to imagine, the keyboard is vastly superior interface. 100+ keys is hard to deny...

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2012, 07:07.

News Comments > Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow
43. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 11, 2012, 03:02 RailWizard

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 21:01:
All I ever really wanted from Valve the Game Company is more Half-Life. I suck ass at Counterstrike, despise F2P multiplayer games like TF2 and DOTA, and have had my fill of Left 4 Dead. But I still think Valve is the most important gaming company in history next to id (the old id, not the id of today) . The reason is Steam. Not only is Steam revolutionary, it has, in my opinion, saved PC gaming and has almost singlehandedly made it thrive in a gaming landscape heavlily dominated by consoles. I'm a fanboy, sure. But even if you aren't, can you honestly deny that Steam has had an overwhelmingly positive affect on PC gaming? How many PC game makers would have long since switched to console exclusives by now were it not for Steam illustrating clearly the market's viability? How many indie developers would remain undiscovered or would have just given up by now if it weren't for Steam?

Steam has some major issues that annoyingly have gone unaddressed for years now, so there is plenty of room for criticism. But I frankly just don't see how anyone can argue that Steam hasn't been great for PC gaming. Valve may suck at fan service when it comes to making games and keeping fans of their key franchise interested, but they made Steam, and that makes them great to me.

Yeah I pretty much agree with all that. I came off initially very trollish, but let's face it, trolling is like saying hello on the internet.

Half-life was definitely a fond memory. I had my moments in CS in the old days. I played a shitload of TF2 before it was F2P. I couldn't care less about DOTA. Portal I think was a decent puzzle game, I do in no way think it was worthy of a AAA price however. L4D was pretty good also, but yeah it got old fast as it's more of a social game, requiring teamwork beyond what public matches can provide.

As for Steam, yes I do love it. I have the '8 years of service badge', and I've been on it longer than that.(they don't count beta apparently...) As I've mentioned, I only complain because I care.

41. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 18:29 RailWizard

descender wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 10:44:
You only think it's "all about hats" because you probably suck at the game and don't/can't play it.

heh that's a hilarious assumption. Thanks for making it so all can see just how big of a drooling idiot you are.

29. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 03:23 RailWizard

Dev wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 02:23:

As for full steam ahead, well doing these new things is interesting to them. Everything valve does can be easily explained by the question "is it interesting to them to do this?" If it is, they will probably do it. If its not, they probably won't. Cost isn't an issue. Most of the few remaining things are explained by Gabe's obsession (his word not mine) with his employee's health.

Well I hope you are right. Time will tell. I've said my piece, I hope it was heard. I don't know if I agree with 'is it interesting'... I can see that side of it, but the bottom line is always there(money), and I am fearful of it as that path comes so quick....and then you are left wondering "what happened to that thing I loved?". More than anything else I am referring to Battlefield here. FUCKING DICE, a foreign company, sold out to fucking EA, and now we get regurgitated shit. JUST LIKE THAT! Within ONE game cycle.(I liked BC1 and 2) It did take awhile, as EA has been their publisher for the whole shwack, but now it's time to be(at) CoD. Aka Activisions zombie IP.

Tf2 may be the most patched game in PC gaming history, but the majority of those patches are for hats and 'deals' for 'pre-ordering' other games.

25. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 01:07 RailWizard

Dev wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 00:57:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 00:48:
edit: actually to clear things up, MY advice to Valve is to become relevant again. I.E. RELEASE some games that you have developed.
As I've said in a number of threads, valve could never again release another game, and still rake in piles of cash. Steam will continue to give them piles of money for the foreseeable future. In fact, releasing their own games makes them very little compared to what steam brings in. It has nothing to do with them being relevant as a company.

So your answer is simply that they are making money, so who cares if they don't make money based on what made them famous to begin with?

As I HAVE pointed out, I do like steam and I like the games I have bought off of it, but I am still leery just the same as if it was EA that I was trusting with my 100+ game library. Steam is already quite bloated IMO, and it seems that it is 'full steam ahead' in that direction. I DO NOT like that.

Serve MY games, that should be enough. They need to remember what they are.

23. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 00:48 RailWizard

It was pointed out to me recently that this site is a popular place for posts of people within the industry.

It does not surprise ONE BIT that you don't understand where I am coming from.

This is pre-emptive bitching. Why? Because I like Valve and I see where they are going. So fuck YOU if you do not understand.

edit: actually to clear things up, MY advice to Valve is to become relevant again. I.E. RELEASE some games that you have developed.

20. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 9, 2012, 23:56 RailWizard

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:12:
Allright, it's almost time for you all to stop feeding the mogwai...

Yeah that's cute and all, maybe it will even sway a few of the peons around here, but really, you couldn't even answer the question without resorting to elementary level attacks.

All that really matters is the product. The fact that they treat their employes well(allegedly) is all well and good, but the bottom line is that I as a consumer don't really care about that shit.

I want my product. The one that I asked for, and none other.

17. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 9, 2012, 23:03 RailWizard

Can you honestly tell me what it is that makes Valve so great?

Sure, they have made some great games in the past. They may even make 1 or 2 in the future.

Now beyond that, they have become a publisher, and as such, are seemingly not immune to the temptations of that role.

I am merely trying to predict the future here....

Soon they will roll out their app store(which no one asked for), as well as all this other gimmicky crap referenced in this article.

All I want is a decent online game store. I can get all that other crap from elsewhere, I don't need it from Valve.

edit: "special." That's right. Don't forget it.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2012, 23:09.

13. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 9, 2012, 21:38 RailWizard

There is nothing special about Valve. They are merely next in line for the deserved hatred of their customer base.

Though it does suck for those of us with sizable libraries within their cloud....

edit: for all the fanbois, yep I'm crazy, I'm a moron, you should not listen to me, etc, etc....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 7, 2012, 14:12 RailWizard

deqer wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 11:08:
InBlack wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:39:
Im guessing that he looks even worse without it. Love or hate the guy, but dont judge him by his looks thats beyond low.
Nah.

He should shave it so that he would look like every other normal person out there. Would look like a young, clean cut, normal fellow.

When people see a beard like that, they don't think "he's doin' it for style"; they think "he's doin' it because he's too lazy to shave it"

So, you see? People can judge others by their appearance. I can judge by his beard that he's a lazy person; and we all hate lazy people. There's nothing good about being lazy.

Your country is a fucking shithole filled with morons. No one cares what you think.

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
34. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 6, 2012, 16:25 RailWizard

Darks wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 09:53:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 00:58:
merloid wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 22:25:
Wow. This smells like it's because a pair of monks stunlocked Diablo to death and someone got a little sore about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmxXv1R7VNA

I'm a little astonished by how many knee-jerk development decisions Blizzard is making with this title post-launch.

Surprise level: Zero.

nope, you have to read their comments, they were using the legendary weapon called Sledge Fist.

It has a proc that can stun, they wwre stun locking him down because of the weapon.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sledge-fist

Ahh. Well judging by the comments on that weapon, I sense a nerf in it's future.

News Comments > Ask WoW Creative Development
3. Re: Ask WoW Creative Development Sep 6, 2012, 14:32 RailWizard

I just got an email from blizz support saying one of my wow chars name violated naming policy. My account has been inactive since about 1 year after WotLK.

It was a char my sister made probably almost 6-7 years ago lol. I think she played it to lvl 5 or something before she got bored.

It has been brought to our attention that a character on this account has a name whose availability was unintended. Because of this, we have provided the character with a temporary name. You will be prompted to select a new character name upon your next log-in. When selecting the new character's name, please be mindful of our Naming Policy.
We realize that you may have grown attached to this name and we apologize for any inconvenience this name change may have caused. For any concerns or disputes on this matter, please contact Account Administration Team via their Website E-mail Form

The offending name?

Old Character Name: Pebbles
Temporary Character Name: Pebblesxyz

Actually after searching the temp name, I can see 2 others got the same treatment.

I guess I(we) have offended the copyright gods once again. lolol. Can't think of any other reason unless some GM decided they wanted the name. Sounds like "Creative development" to me...

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer
41. Re: It's you who should apologize to id. Sep 6, 2012, 01:06 RailWizard

hb3d wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 23:16:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:47:
Who said I was talking about iD?
I took your comment of "apologists" to mean those who were apologizing for id's not having included multiplayer in this re-release because it wasn't needed due to the mod community's efforts. And, my point is that those apologists are right. id has given plenty of free Doom to PC gamers. It doesn't need to give us any more. We have all of the multiplayer Doom we need.

So, who were you actually talking about if not that?

Well color me shocked, you got it right. It's exactly 'those who are apologizing for iD' that bugs me. These fuckers are like the Rolling Stones. They are actually quite 'smart' business men in that they know how to milk something that has actually been bled dry ages ago. While I suppose one could give them credit for that, one could also be an aspiring blood sucker just like 'them' too.

Personally I find it to be reprehensible behavior for someone that spawned a whole genre of games(something the stones are not...). They know better than that, and are capable of better than that. But it seems they have grown lazy and no longer care.

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
32. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 6, 2012, 00:58 RailWizard

merloid wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 22:25:
Wow. This smells like it's because a pair of monks stunlocked Diablo to death and someone got a little sore about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmxXv1R7VNA

I'm a little astonished by how many knee-jerk development decisions Blizzard is making with this title post-launch.

Surprise level: Zero.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA Hates Single-Player Games, Or Not
17. Re: Quoteworthy - EA Hates Single-Player Games, Or Not Sep 6, 2012, 00:56 RailWizard

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 22:28:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 22:13:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 21:42:
Unfortunately SimCity is forced multiplayer, cloud saves, etc.

Hoping they'll change their minds on that or, if it's not actually the case, definitively clear it up.

Simcity is multiplayer now? How the hell does that work? Damn some things have changed while I've been busy ignoring them...lol.

It's basically not possible to build a self sufficient city. You must trade traffic, resources, etc. with neighbors who will be other players. If you're familiar with the genre of browser games where you trade resources, build armies, decide who to engage, etc I assume it's like that.

Relevant Ars article: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/06/sharing-your-simcity-with-others/

hmm that sounds....annoying. heh. And no I am not familiar with that 'genre' at all.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA Hates Single-Player Games, Or Not
11. Re: Quoteworthy - EA Hates Single-Player Games, Or Not Sep 5, 2012, 22:13 RailWizard

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 21:42:
Unfortunately SimCity is forced multiplayer, cloud saves, etc.

Hoping they'll change their minds on that or, if it's not actually the case, definitively clear it up.

Simcity is multiplayer now? How the hell does that work? Damn some things have changed while I've been busy ignoring them...lol.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer
37. Re: It's you who should apologize to id. Sep 5, 2012, 19:47 RailWizard

hb3d wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:06:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 18:57:
Man the amount of fucking apologists on this site is sickening.
Given the fact that id software has given away the source code to all of its past FPS games for free and no other major game developer has done the same, I'd say that id has nothing to apologize for. The PC market is already well-served with versions of classic Doom that have Internet functionality as every major source port for the game has it. id doesn't need to waste its time recreating the wheel by making another one. It's already given the PC enough classic Doom to last a lifetime.

Dozey Who said I was talking about iD?

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo