Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2012, 01:28 RailWizard

Canada's not so bad as long as you don't work outside.

Good set of snow tires and command start fixes a lot. heh.

Also is this 'order' going to be to make people in the Gov smarter? Cuz short of that.........

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 18, 2012, 21:49 RailWizard

Artmored Kill lol. I can see it.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 17, 2012, 08:25 RailWizard

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 07:44:
Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 00:59:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 20:55:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 18:00:
America has never been the good guy, quite the opposite in fact. The only people in the world that believe that "Murica" is some noble champion of people and freedom are naive Americans.

Wait, never? Never?

Never. Read more history.

I'd say WW1 and WW2 veterans would disagree (if there were still WW1 veterans).

I have to agree with that. WW2 was the last war where things actually made sense.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 17, 2012, 06:46 RailWizard

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 15:02:
To the comment above...

"...when this baby hits 88mph, you are going to see some serious shit."

Outtahere

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2012, 06:51.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
33. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 17, 2012, 00:06 RailWizard

space captain wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 10:57:
i had a vectrex.. had this racing game where the joystick was calibrated to move the car per micron or some ridiculously fine amount, and if you moved it slightly to the right or left the car would shoot into the side of the track and explode.. but my favorite game was the one with the tanks in the underground maze where you had to fight through various levels to get to the core area, set a bomb and then get the fuck out

Hyper Space and Cosmic Chasm heh(had to go look on the box), yep had both of those. I still have it all(well not all the games, but a good chunk), still works for the most part I think, been decades since I tried it. Was thinking of selling it since I see they go for a decent amount these days.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
29. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 16, 2012, 05:18 RailWizard

Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 21:42:
Dades wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 21:23:
Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 18:35:
The N64 was shit. The Virtual Boy was better than that thing.

The N64 was quite decent and definitely better than the Virtual Boy. Goldeneye, Mario 64, Blast Corps, Wave Race, Perfect Dark, etc.

I was just trolling - the N64 wasn't as bad as the Virtual Boy. But compared to the PS1, it sucked as far as I'm concerned. (I had both in my house - the N64 was my son's so he could play some Pikachu Pokemon monstrosity game I can't remember the name of. The PS1 had all of the games I was interested in. Granted I was only ever a dabbler in console games; I've always been a PC gamer. I found Goldeneye WAAAY overrated and never cared for Mario. The JRPG's are what I mostly cared about, and the PC just didn't have them.

3d was more impressive on the n64 though very few games showed it off(took advantage of the stick in a good way, tho I still don't like analog thumb sticks...). The cartridges were insanely priced. I remember seeing games going for ~$130, that was a deff 'wtf' moment.(Canadian prices...)

I agree about Goldeneye. Mario, Waveracer, and a few other games are the only ones that really stand out to me, then came the Ps1 and it just had a ridiculous library of good shit for it, and at decent prices. The PS1 is also where I played DooM(with link cable) for the most part. I had a GF that showed me DooM on her bro's comp way back when, that was where I first saw it, but I barely had any time with it. Computers were still off my radar at that point, but the seeds were sowed.

Never touched Virtual Boy. That thing had gimmick written all over it, and as one that had a Vectrex, I wasn't eager to get back to vector graphics either. heh

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2012, 22:09 RailWizard

Land of the Greed, Home of the Crave.  

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details
1. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 14, 2012, 22:08 RailWizard

I predict the net worth of said change will be, as usual, near zero.

But hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

This is exactly what put me off WoW to begin with. All these 'needed changes' which basically amount to stirring the pot while not adding or removing much of anything. Blizzard have been practicing this 'act' for a long time now....

Your tricks are old, tired, and not as well hidden as you'd like. Time to get new ones.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
20. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 13, 2012, 23:03 RailWizard

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 16:20:
Elessar wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 15:48:
Darks wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 15:35:
Iím sick to death of how lousy the loot drops are in the game. You would think after killing Diablo on inferno mode with three other players that there would be some good drops. But when you see a level 58 item drop or even when a level 63 items does drop and you id it and its got shit stats on it. Thatís where the frustration sets in and you just say fuck this game. This is where Blizzard is failing their users and why people are at the point of no return and saying fuck you Blizzard, we have had enough.

The lack of good loot and epic items dropping has killed this game for many. Blizz just keeps screwing with the game but they are fixing all the wrong things. They are blinded by their own obsession and completely fail to listen to the users.
This is precisely why I gave up on D3. The patch notes had a bunch of great stuff, but what they fail to realize is, as long as the loot drops consistently blow, players will feel unrewarded and move on to other games. Pretty basic concept that they just don't get.

No, they do get it. This is what I said originally. It's how they get people into the AH and make money.

No, they think they get it. What they will end up getting though, is reduced sales overall. Foot, meet bullet.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 12, 2012, 23:37 RailWizard

Muslim Buthurthood.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 23:36 RailWizard

ASeven wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 20:13:
Is PS2 that good that it can compete with DICE's product and steal players?

Not a chance. Though I don't doubt people will be enamored for a little while by it. It just lacks the detail that BF3 has.

News Comments > More Big Picture Details
47. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 12, 2012, 01:22 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 00:37:
I don't believe people want to sit on the couch with one arm held out in the air. That's not comfortable and our muscles aren't built for it. There's a reason it's a punishment given by drill sargeants in old movies.

The glove was considered a good idea back when people thought the future would be The Lawnmower Man. Now that we have a better idea of what input is, how unnecessary VR is, and how capable people are of hitting buttons they can't see, I don't see us ever going down that path.

You're still thinking in hollywood terms. What if it was basically the same as using a mouse, except that there is no mouse? No surface required. What I envision is a touchpad, without the touchpad, because yes, I have tried those on a couple laptops and they suck due to the limited size. If there was no pad however, those limits are gone.

It doesn't even have to be a 'glove' per say, it could just be something you put on your finger tip. You put your finger on whatever surface you like, and draw.

45. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 12, 2012, 00:23 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 00:10:
Are you saying you claimed hyperbole or I did?

Because here are all 15 different gloves that people have tried to bring to market:
DataGlove
TouchGlove
CyberGlove
Dexterous Handmaster
Anaphase Unlimited
Data Glove with Flexor (different company)
Space Glove
Glad-N-Art Glove
Motion Orchestration Systems
Cyberfinger
PINCH
SUPERGlove
P5 Glove
5th Glove
The grandaddy of them all: Sayre Glove

There. 15 glove attempts. 15 unintuitive products.

lol kudos for digging all that up. Still, there are only 2 things needed, which obviously none of those products had.

Quality and Visibility.

I've never heard of any of those and I don't imagine the quality was much better...more like gimmick-land.

Personally I could never see how someone could play a game using a trackball, and yet....

I don't know what this new thing would look like or how it would work exactly, but I don't believe the mouse is the be all end all of controllers either. If you do, then great. Congrats to you.

News Comments > BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage
31. Re: BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage Sep 12, 2012, 00:10 RailWizard

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:15:
Either they really are spies, or BIS is an incompetent company with employees to match.

I believe its the latter.

DING DING DING!

News Comments > BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage
30. Re: BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage Sep 12, 2012, 00:10 RailWizard

space captain wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 23:53:
ASeven wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 11:01:
Wow this story is insane.

you know whats really insane? the prices on greek yogurt! people cant get enough of that shit

lol how the hell would you know that?

News Comments > First Steam Greenlight Selections
37. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 12, 2012, 00:05 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 16:52:
Can we just ban anyone using the terms "apologists" or "white knighting?"

Surefire signs of a lack of intelligence. For the contrast, we can also throw those using "haters" in. You all sound like Limp Bizkit fans. Or Juggalos.

Hehe, internet rants now qualify as "vindication."

I think Beamers level of buthurtedness is reaching 9000. lol.

43. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 11, 2012, 20:11 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 20:08:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 19:01:
Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 18:57:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 18:54:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 10:45:
The Glove, history has shown those devices are non-intuitive,

What history? There has never been a implementation worth talking about, so I don't see how there is any history to talk about.

Perhaps there's no chicken or egg argument here, and the lack of an implementation worth talking about is simply the proof that it's a bad idea.

Unless you really, really like how Michael Douglas does things in Disclosure.

Wake me up when you type something worth reading.

You're the guy claiming that a concept that has been in development over 35 years is a valid idea and just hasn't had the right breakthrough.

Seriously, 35 years of glove development. The first ones appeared in the late 70s. There have been numerous attempts to commercialize it, with at least one on the market now. I can name at least 15 attempts. None were good.

Maybe because they're not intuitive and no one but you wants them?...

Hyperbole. Also, you are a moron.

41. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 11, 2012, 19:01 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 18:57:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 18:54:

What history? There has never been a implementation worth talking about, so I don't see how there is any history to talk about.

Perhaps there's no chicken or egg argument here, and the lack of an implementation worth talking about is simply the proof that it's a bad idea.

Unless you really, really like how Michael Douglas does things in Disclosure.

Wake me up when you type something worth reading.

News Comments > Mechromancer DLC Pricing
20. Re: Mechromancer DLC Pricing Sep 11, 2012, 18:59 RailWizard

InBlack wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 10:51:
Milk those fuckers till they are dry, why not make a DLC character called the Cockmancer, its specialty would be milking...well you get the picture

I lol'd. I also will avoid like it's the plague.

39. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 11, 2012, 18:54 RailWizard

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo