Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
18. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 00:25 RailWizard

deqer wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 21:57:
It's just a fetish that has miraculously gotten this far... It's quite sad.

Yup.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security
21. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 30, 2012, 23:59 RailWizard

ABVH wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 23:53:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 12:23:
Beamer wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 11:58:
El Pit wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 02:38:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 21:11:
spindoctor wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 13:00:
You can’t rent a dedicated server; they’re just free for your use.

This seems odd. Treyarch would rather pay for every single dedicated server in the world instead of just letting users rent them from GSPs? What could be the reason behind this?

So they can kill the servers when it's time for you to buy BO3.

My thoughts exactly. You want multiplayer after the release of the next CoD? Well, buy our new game because we're taking the servers for the old game offline.

Have we ever had a person here actively playing a game that got taken offline?
It's always several-years-old sports games and games no one purchased. If you take down what people do play they won't buy the next one, like a dog that's been kicked. For all of EAs crap, at least they do wait until no one plays a game.

Why the fuck are you always apologizing for every thing the game industry does? Do you fucking work for EA or something? Activision? WTF is your malfunction here fucknuts? You look around and like what you see? Are you really that fucking shallow and easy to please? If so, please DO fuck off and allow people with actual feelings to discuss this shit. FUCK OFF!

umad retard ?

Not as mad as you making an account just to say that... Rolleyes2

18. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 30, 2012, 12:23 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 11:58:
El Pit wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 02:38:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 21:11:

This seems odd. Treyarch would rather pay for every single dedicated server in the world instead of just letting users rent them from GSPs? What could be the reason behind this?

My thoughts exactly. You want multiplayer after the release of the next CoD? Well, buy our new game because we're taking the servers for the old game offline.

Have we ever had a person here actively playing a game that got taken offline?
It's always several-years-old sports games and games no one purchased. If you take down what people do play they won't buy the next one, like a dog that's been kicked. For all of EAs crap, at least they do wait until no one plays a game.

Why the fuck are you always apologizing for every thing the game industry does? Do you fucking work for EA or something? Activision? WTF is your malfunction here fucknuts? You look around and like what you see? Are you really that fucking shallow and easy to please? If so, please DO fuck off and allow people with actual feelings to discuss this shit. FUCK OFF!

News Comments > Torchlight II Development Video
17. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 30, 2012, 12:19 RailWizard

Optional Nickname! wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 12:18:
Saying TL2 is not 'polished' is incorrect. TL2 out-of-the-box is a completely playable and enjoyable experience.

No crashes, feature complete, a strong and forward-looking community, replayability, no DRM, easy to use and affordable.

We can bemoan the art direction, and the silly GUI goofs, but TL2 is a AAA title in everything but the price and grief associated with what we have been led to believe are AAA titles.

I agree with that too.

15. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 30, 2012, 11:15 RailWizard

Dades wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 00:58:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 00:14:
If blizzard had any brains they'd rehire these guys, remake D3 and give it away as an apology. That's about what it would take at this point....

It's funny because Torchlight is weak where Diablo is strong: production value, polish and some quality of life adjustments. Diablo is weak where Torchlight is strong: map randomization, overdone story, loot tables and drops.

It is really one of those cases where they just need to get over themselves and merge so they can go back to making the best possible game for the players. Blizzard is cashing in on the name but the game has no soul, Torchlight is the game that could but needs a bigger budget and more professional polish.

At least I love TL2, quite fun and I'll get a lot of replay value out of it. Can't say the same for Diablo 3.

Yeah I pretty much agree with all that. A merging is what I was suggesting.

9. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 30, 2012, 00:14 RailWizard

If blizzard had any brains they'd rehire these guys, remake D3 and give it away as an apology. That's about what it would take at this point....  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 00:11 RailWizard

I used to love watching these, but the last one I saw had commentators that I wanted to strangle with their entrails.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2012, 00:08 RailWizard

Disregarding plugins sounds like a great idea...  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
22. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 30, 2012, 00:04 RailWizard

Overon wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:38:
The demo should give you a better indication of the kinds of gameplay you have. There should be more base building ie the strategic side and less emphasis on the tactical side. This is a both a strategic and tactical game. There is the small picture as well as the big picture to the gameplay. But as someone in the comments on youtube said "Shut up and take my money." Agreed.

Yeah I think I'll be waiting for the 'other' demo. There's no way I'm d/l'ing 5gbs for 20mins of gameplay. Plus from the feedback I hear it barely shows you anything. There's also the part where no game bearing the X-COM name since the first 2 were any good and I played those to death. It will take more than a reskin to coax money out of me. Not suggesting that's what this is, but the industry has taught me to not trust them.

13. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 29, 2012, 21:11 RailWizard

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
1. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 10:45 RailWizard

Middlefinger  

News Comments > League of Legends Under Attack
2. Re: League of Legends Under Attack Sep 27, 2012, 09:03 RailWizard

Have to say, this brought a smile to my face.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched
3. Re: World of Tanks Patched Sep 27, 2012, 09:02 RailWizard

InBlack wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 05:33:
Might come back and check this out, unfortunately with the American tank nerf I dont have muhc incentive except to maybe grind out the IS7 finally...

American tanks is what I drive. I can't tell any diff except that my M7 Priest now has a new engine.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty good patch. GFX now resemble something of this modern age and the physics provides subtle changes(you can drive down hills you couldn't before...adds many new tactics) as well as many LOL's as people drive into deep water(and their crew drowns) and off cliffs to their exploding deaths.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Global bacon shortage Sep 26, 2012, 11:08 RailWizard

PHJF wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 10:43:
Weekends are for PANCAKES, you fool! (fine, or waffles...ok, fine, OR French toast!)

Pancakes without bacon?? Savage...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
84. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 24, 2012, 08:41 RailWizard

Armengar wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 08:15:
yeah, a chariot racing simulator could actually be decent. Like a Ben Hur simulation.

Kickstarter!

Not showing your age at all, oh noo....

73. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 24, 2012, 03:40 RailWizard

Six barrels of fun.

This is what D3 should've been. And for $20, you just CAN NOT argue with that.

66. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 24, 2012, 00:44 RailWizard

rist3903 wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 00:27:
FTL is such a sweet little game.

Google WTF is FTL to see if you might like it.

Have seen much chatter about it. Interest is definitely piqued.

News Comments > Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Second Demo
1. Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Second Demo Sep 24, 2012, 00:13 RailWizard

So....does it have riots?  

64. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 24, 2012, 00:12 RailWizard

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 23:54:
I am very careful who I play a game with. A couple friends joined the other day and just flew the game forward....that wasn't fun at all. I am inspecting loot (they were 2 levels ahead of me) and they are advancing the story. I just quit out, now I have to use another character to play through that stuff again so I can read and listen to the story. So frustrating. ON TOP OF THAT, they weren't doing the "bonus" stuff for the kills, so I was getting frustrated....

Have some friends who go slow like I do, and that is fun. Mostly playing solo just to experience the game and explore though, then probably group up more later or on 2nd playthrough. But level 10-12 seems pretty important for weapon drops, I am finding a lot of good gear.

Yeah I tried some co-op in TL2(no idea what game you're talking about...) and it was pretty much the same. Everyone just rushes though everything, ignoring all the little things. I left and am much more enjoying it solo.

I mean, you kill a npc and it drops a portal to a secret challenge(dungeon)...and they just ignore it! lol. So many things about TL2 that make it better than D3 it's just scary. Only $20 too lol, that's a huge kick in the blizznuts.

edit: actually due to your "bonus" stuff for kills comment, I'm guessing you mean BL2. That does make a diff yes. Personally, with the "free" version I just gave myself 255 golden keys and called it a day.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2012, 00:23.

57. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 23:04 RailWizard

Dev wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 22:36:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 22:28:
Borderlands isn't an RPG. It's a shooter with RPG elements
Depends who you talk to. Someone on my friends list thanked me effusively for recommending BL2. He said it was the best ever RPG he'd ever played, and went on for a while about how good the game was.

I didn't want to spoil his happiness by telling him it wasn't really an RPG. If it makes him happy, more power to him.

Technically, every game ever is an RPG.

ok, maybe not stuff like minesweeper etc...but any game where you play a role....

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo