Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D.

Real Name D.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RailWizard
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 29, 2012, 03:30
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Need For Speed Most Wanted Trailer
5. Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted Trailer Oct 6, 2012, 03:45 RailWizard

I recall hearing the burnout paradise guys made this. It shows....looks like crap.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
7. Re: Morning Previews Oct 5, 2012, 14:40 RailWizard

Change is good as long as it's for the better and not just 'because'.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Oct 5, 2012, 13:36 RailWizard

I played MWO. Once you actually get into a game it's not bad, but absolutely everything else about it SUCKS bigtime. Of course while it is still in beta, I was unable to play with it much because it crashes like nothing I've ever seen before.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Patch Details
1. Re: World of Tanks Patch Details Oct 5, 2012, 05:42 RailWizard

Hmm no ETA. Wish they would just shut up until they at at least know that much.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
218. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 5, 2012, 02:15 RailWizard

Dades wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 16:08:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 15:55:
I know, it's a pretty hard scenario to imagine when your brain doesn't work.

Judging by this thread, you being the authority on brains that don't work.

Oh sorry, I didn't realize his mom posted here too.

215. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 4, 2012, 15:55 RailWizard

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 15:18:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 14:57:
netnerd85 wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:26:
I don't mind straight people as long as they don't flaunt it in my face.

Funny you mention that because at one point that was considered rude behavior. Now it's the new normal.
It was rude behaviour to be flaunt being straight? Bugger ey.

I know, it's a pretty hard scenario to imagine when your brain doesn't work.

212. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 4, 2012, 14:57 RailWizard

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:26:
I don't mind straight people as long as they don't flaunt it in my face.

Funny you mention that because at one point that was considered rude behavior. Now it's the new normal.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2012, 13:14 RailWizard

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:17:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 11:35:
TheEmissary wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 11:26:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 10:53:
This episode of TPB is interesting. First there is the raid, but then they say it was only a dead PDU and that TPB is no longer hosted on that service. The question remains however, was the raids target supposed to be TPB or was it all a coincidence?

I am certainly getting tired of this shit. They have no hope of stopping it and apparently if they don't get their way they are willing to burn it all down. That should be grounds for execution, or at the least, litigation into the financial grave.

The internet was NOT created so for the business world, it was created for the people. At least, that is how I like to think of it, and it is true beyond any similar thing in the history of mankind. I wish they would stop trying to get rich off of it. So many wonderful things we could have were it not for bullshit laws and the corporations that buy them thanks to corrupted governments.

First of all the internet has grown far beyond what it was originally capable of and its intended purpose. It started its life as private military network (ARPANET) and networks between universities. Everyone has as much right to use the current version of the internet.

That said what people don't have the right to is get a free pass to break the law online. People have the right to get paid and compensated for content and material they produce. You might think this is a losing battle but they still have to try.

The copyright laws protect the little guy as much as they can protect a huge corporation. Any one can create a intellectual property. I kind of feel your attitude would change over night if you created something insanely popular but you weren't being compensated at all for it.

I think you missed the part where I said the laws were bullshit. Also anyone that creates something that is "insanely popular" DOES get paid regardless of whatever fantasy land you live in. IF they are not getting paid, then it because the very same corporations that 'lobby for law' are the ones ripping them off with deviously crafted contracts and abuse of "legal" loopholes. Case in point: Hollywood Accounting. Citation served.

..and then of course there is the patent system and companies like Apple, Rambus, etc...

All of it is morally bankrupt and indefensible.

Titan Quest.

Sucked. What of it?

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2012, 11:35 RailWizard

TheEmissary wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 11:26:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 10:53:
This episode of TPB is interesting. First there is the raid, but then they say it was only a dead PDU and that TPB is no longer hosted on that service. The question remains however, was the raids target supposed to be TPB or was it all a coincidence?

I am certainly getting tired of this shit. They have no hope of stopping it and apparently if they don't get their way they are willing to burn it all down. That should be grounds for execution, or at the least, litigation into the financial grave.

The internet was NOT created so for the business world, it was created for the people. At least, that is how I like to think of it, and it is true beyond any similar thing in the history of mankind. I wish they would stop trying to get rich off of it. So many wonderful things we could have were it not for bullshit laws and the corporations that buy them thanks to corrupted governments.

First of all the internet has grown far beyond what it was originally capable of and its intended purpose. It started its life as private military network (ARPANET) and networks between universities. Everyone has as much right to use the current version of the internet.

That said what people don't have the right to is get a free pass to break the law online. People have the right to get paid and compensated for content and material they produce. You might think this is a losing battle but they still have to try.

The copyright laws protect the little guy as much as they can protect a huge corporation. Any one can create a intellectual property. I kind of feel your attitude would change over night if you created something insanely popular but you weren't being compensated at all for it.

I think you missed the part where I said the laws were bullshit. Also anyone that creates something that is "insanely popular" DOES get paid regardless of whatever fantasy land you live in. IF they are not getting paid, then it because the very same corporations that 'lobby for law' are the ones ripping them off with deviously crafted contracts and abuse of "legal" loopholes. Case in point: Hollywood Accounting. Citation served.

..and then of course there is the patent system and companies like Apple, Rambus, etc...

All of it is morally bankrupt and indefensible.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 11:27 RailWizard

Sure hope this lives up to it's name. I'd preorder but I've bought so many games since summer I just can't afford it for awhile. Plus I have barely touched many of those games since I can only play so much at one time. heh. Sucks, I wouldn't have minded Civ 5 either.  

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
8. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 11:21 RailWizard

I was there at launch. I was there for TBC. I was there for WotLK.

Pandas have zero pull. Less than zero actually. If WoW was suddenly F2P, I really doubt I'd bother to even try it. The ball is dropped.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2012, 10:53 RailWizard

203. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 4, 2012, 10:44 RailWizard

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 08:35:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 23:17:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 17:42:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 17:25:
D-Rock wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 17:22:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 17:15:
What I agreed with was being tired of the whole attitude that if you don't embrace the whole gay acceptance political agenda you're automatically labeled a bigot.

Yup -- the whole bigot thing is getting old. It is possible to not agree and still not be a bigot. I think some folks need to look up the definition of bigot before posting.

What's there to not agree with?
I don't think anyone can deny that RailWizard is, given the whole fetish thing.
For the others, you've brought this discussion to nearly 200 posts. That's a pretty strong "not agree" with something wholly innocuous. Some posts are bringing in "they should be able to do this, but I don't agree with them being so different," which is just a weird thing. Who else do you rant about being different?

Obviously any group can do what they want, my question was is there really a need for it? It's one thing to want to congregate with those with the same interests, I get that, but do we really need a gay gamers convention complete with news posts on gaming sites to promote it? It kinda reeks of the whole thing I've been saying this entire thread. That community has such this strong desire to throw their orientation in people's faces constantly saying accept us accept us! Yet in the same breath they attack conservatives and play the race/bigot card on a constant basis.

At least that's been my observations anytime you read a forum or site that caters to that demographic. Preach tolerance and acceptance and bash the fuck outta anything or anyone conservative. It's pot meets kettle in it's truest form.

I get the hate for the church given their views on the topic, I don't get the hate for conservatives in general though. Hell the world would be so far better off without religion in the first place to be honest.

But it isn't really necessary for you to repeatedly say you find it unnecessary. Dozens of posts dedicated to it. Dozens. Why bother? You don't think it's necessary. Fine. Don't go. Don't pay attention. This is the top thread on Blues, in part because you can't stop talking about how unimportant you think it is.

Secondly, yes, bash the fuck out of anyone that is intolerant. You're begging for tolerance for intolerance. Of course no one is going to tolerate that.

You're somehow saying that gay people wanting to be accepted for being born, and for being perfectly normal, is equatable to people that choose not to accept them wanting to be accepted for not accepting them.
Someone is choosing to be intolerant to how someone is born. That's not the same as someone being intolerant of someone not tolerating how they are born.

Again, it's very strange that you think gay people wanting to be accepted as equals is the same thing as people that don't accept them as equals wanting that to be accepted...

Yes Beamer, I kept this thread going single handedly, sorry bout oh yeah I'm so intolerant, mmm hmm. Care to tell me some more exactly what type of person I am Ye oh so knowing politically correct little douchenozzle?

wahh wahh wahh the poor gays/blacks/insert whatever minority the democrats are pining for this week. it's ok though, they have their white knight beamer on the job.

It's becoming pretty clear Beamer is not only the resident corporate shill but also the biggest troll on BN. Hopefully he wakes up one day.

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
32. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 4, 2012, 01:14 RailWizard

El Pit wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 00:27:
RailWizard, it might also be wise to remove your mail address from the last line.

The yahoo one? That's not me, that's the phisher.

29. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 4, 2012, 00:16 RailWizard

Oh and speaking of Blizzard games, I got my first Diablo 3 phishing email last night. Gift

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainm?ent 's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
* link removed *
Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment 2012

>>Message-ID: <32435FE44D1AD91B31A2D12B94C3AA21@zidzsdr>
>>From: =?utf-8?B?QmxpenphcmQgRW50ZXJ0YWlubeKAi2VudA==?= <Marcsman123@yahoo.com>

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
22. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 4, 2012, 00:06 RailWizard

entr0py wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 23:57:
DICE definitely made a mistake in desaturating the hell out of the game, to, I guess imitate Saving Private Ryan. But I can also appreciate it woudld give you a very big advantage to have normal vision in a game where everyone else is forced to suffer from color-blindness.

The ideal solution would be if DICE put the option in officially for everyone to have access to. But they're not going to do that.

This is what I was going to say. Build it in as a feature and let people choose.

I wanted to try that mod out, it reminded me of older BF's where you could actually see things.

DICE has really lost touch with reality, it's a shame.

28. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 4, 2012, 00:02 RailWizard

TheEmissary wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 21:35:
I think this is a case of trying to say the same thing enough times and hoping it becomes true in the long run.

Hmm where have I seen this before...

It's a shame we weren't able to kill the propaganda machines when we destroyed the Nazis or indirectly destroyed the Soviets. Of course, we had our own, which is why it survived.

190. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 3, 2012, 17:01 RailWizard

D-Rock wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 16:45:
netnerd85 wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 15:59:
Anyone else drink Bourbon?

I'm more of a Tennesee Whiskey person. Gentleman Jack and Dickel ivory label for me :-)

Tequila is my numero uno, however.

Vodka, Scotch, Brandy. Brands not so important, tho cheap is usually blehhgfds.

Tho I would touch nothing but beer for the longest time, then nothing at all as weed became the drug of choice. Just in the last 10 years or so I finally got a taste for hard stuff which is why I don't favor brands. Too many to try yet. heh. Tho Vodka is generally whatever...

Anyway enough gayness for today, I'm outta here.

176. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 3, 2012, 16:20 RailWizard

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 16:14:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 16:04:
I'd give you example of one of your extreme comments but I had it deleted. :D
I said the same thing I said last time, which was deleted but quoted by you. I called you an extremist for your comments. So, do you have an example?

Lol @ the rest. Was funny to read, you are a funny knobend at times

I did report your post, isn't that obvious? I made it clear the first time. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough. I don't think anyone except yourself cares though.

And yes deqer said it was a fetish, that you agreed with. You support and help spread the lie by quoting it though, didn't you.

I didn't say anything more extreme than you. My proof is that the mods seem to agree with me as you yourself said. You also said you were done talking to this crazy person, so I'll say that's proof you are a liar too.

174. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 3, 2012, 16:18 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 16:11:
"I didn't say all gay people should burn in a fire, I just agreed with someone that said it. Why is everyone calling me a bigot?"

You aren't calling me a bigot though, you are saying the words were mine. Two can play this game.

Also I really don't care if you call me a bigot either, I mean consider the source....

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2012, 16:28.

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo