Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Herzog

Real Name Herzog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description longtime Blue's reader - from before he had his own domain name
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 05:24
Total Comments 22 (Suspect)
User ID 57314

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 18, 2012, 21:20 Herzog

Incite-ful: the Internet distracts from physical activity and makes your death look sedentary related.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedentary_lifestyle

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
45. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Sep 1, 2012, 11:49 Herzog

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 19:31:
On of my top 5 mmo's.

Their combat model was brilliant and many many epic battles.

I agree; pre purple patch it is difficult to express what an extremely fun game and community CoH possessed. Solo play was good, group play was better. Avatars were the provenance of the player. The later sidekick/mentor level adjustment was a good incremental improvement for games where level dictates content and who you can play the game with at that moment. CoH during it's existence was a clear laboratory for game elements interacting with business objectives. The initial release forgot the behavioral engineering common to the industry such as progression curves or random reward schema. Cryptic seemed alarmed people might buy CoH, play it for just as long as it appealed to them and then stop subscribing.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Exosuit Reveal; Beta Access Ending
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Exosuit Reveal; Beta Access Ending Aug 28, 2012, 12:04 Herzog

I am interested in this game. I will not be pre-ordering or paying for beta. If it's reasonable post release I will buy it on Steam. I am hoping for some feedback here on Blue's as well as a reliable review such as Out of Eight.

News Comments > C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer
18. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 13:12 Herzog

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 11:14:
Pay $1 now to fire Ion Cannon

Ok I don't know anything about this game in any iteration, but that post made me laugh out loud.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 20:56 Herzog

J wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:43:
I preferred Action Quake 2 to Counterstrike.

AQ2 was amazing fun.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 16:55:
Based on your recommendations, I am buying Legends of Pegasus! j/k

How many times are they going to be able to sell Counter Strike, that is the real question. Also, bonus points if you remember when CS was a free mod.

Orcs Must Die 2 is the best title on this list, by the way.

Double bonus points if you remember your WON ID.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2012, 11:29 Herzog

I like Five Guys - it's another option to grilling your own.  

News Comments > INVERSION on Steam
10. Re: INVERSION on Steam Jul 28, 2012, 01:32 Herzog

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 01:01:
Prez wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 00:44:
It looks cool, if a bit dated in the visuals department. Not a deal-breaker though. I'll wait until someone braver than I takes a chance on it and gives me a review.

Calling JaguarUSF, calling JaguarUSF!

It is reviewed on Zero Punctuation - I don't know if that's helpful but it was all the information I needed.

ok here is link: [url=]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6083-Inversion[/url]

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
145. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 13:04 Herzog

My forum name is Herzog and it has been 28 seconds since I purchased a game on Steam.

CKII DLC Combo
12.49 USD

News Comments > TERA's $25 Horse
28. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 13:12 Herzog

I don't play LOTERA but maybe they could e-mail me a certificate of horse adoption for $25.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Spec Ops: The Line
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Spec Ops: The Line Jun 27, 2012, 00:28 Herzog

[voice-over] I was going to the worst place in the world and I didn't even know it yet. Weeks away and hundreds of miles of desert that snaked through the war like a main circuit cable plugged straight into Konrad. It was no accident that I got to be the caretaker of Colonel John Konrad's memory any more than being back in Dubai was an accident. There is no way to tell his story without telling my own. And if his story really is a confession, then so is mine.  

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
32. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 14:41 Herzog

Luke wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 13:10:
Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 11:06:
Take it to PMs ladies Gossip

I think the biggest shame of this patch has been that the Inferno changes were largely pretty good and they have been overshadowed by everything else. I don't like the pack changes as I don't think they did enough there, there are still many horrible pack affix/mob combos but at least Inferno itself is more doable for melee now. One of my friends literally couldn't farm by himself on his Barb, I would have to come into his game and help him all the time, I felt awful that he got pigeonholed so badly into a single crappy build. Now at least he can mess around with a 2H in Act 1 and do his own runs.

So far the patches have been two steps forward, one large step back and I hope with the next patch they ditch this attitude of nerfing anything "fun" that can be abused. Diablo is an ARPG first and foremost, they need to remember that.

Diablo is a AHRPG nothing more

If you originated that AHRPG nomenclature, props, because that probably has unfortunate staying power.

What business plan is Blizzard using with this franchise? I feel like the plan is convert as much gamer goodwill to profit as possible.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed May 28, 2012, 19:14 Herzog

---- So when you lose that online connection, you lose a chunk of gaming history.

When you say it like that, we owe it to history to emulate the server connection.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 5, 2012, 00:32 Herzog

RIP MCA -your music can't won't and don't stop  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2012, 13:17 Herzog

in the right measure ... it's a very good sign  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 00:52 Herzog

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 20:31:
there should be no pop ups here, nor do we allow ads that play uninitiated sounds.

Cuz Blue is awesome like that.

I saw those ads and thought they were scroll over activated so I just refreshed the page --- the worst part was the adserver was slowing the pageload perceptibly.

News Comments > Dishonored Trailer
8. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 18, 2012, 00:30 Herzog

That was interesting - even if no game was involved that was a really good 4 minute short animated film.  

News Comments > Notch's Space Adventure Plans
14. Re: Notch's Space Adventure Plans Mar 18, 2012, 18:30 Herzog

Battlemule 3084 A.D.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
53. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 14, 2012, 01:36 Herzog

nin wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 12:52:
Bucky wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 12:47:
nin wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 12:41:
Hey, it was a lot of fun playing Guild Wars with nin, until he ran away from me because he complained that I was power-leveling the starter area.

Creston

I remember the early days with the pre-expansion game, and getting an involuntary twitch when anyone mentioned the words "Thunderhead Keep".

Oh sweet fluffy lord, don't ever say those words again. I got hit by a wave of dread just reading that. It's one of only 2 (or 3) missions that I did not accomplish the bonus objective--in the case of that particular mission, it was because you had to go outside of the keep in order to pull it off.

If I remember right, we'd end up with a couple of people we didn't know, from the general channel, and things would always fall apart during the last fight...

It got better over time, but man...

I played GW so much it was a better value than a standard deck of Bicycle cards

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Iron Sky Trailer Feb 8, 2012, 21:24 Herzog

Was I just punk'd?  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Demo
9. Re: Crusader Kings II Demo Feb 7, 2012, 02:02 Herzog

JaguarUSF wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 20:28:
Wolfox wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 20:16:
Do I smell a 8/8?

Is that what that smell is? I thought it was Old Spice.

Hello, gamers, look at your game, now back to CKII, now back at your game, now back to CKII. Sadly, that game isnít CKII, but if it stopped using dumbed down gameplay and switched to Old Spice, it could smell like CKII.

22 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo