Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 275 (Amateur)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 04:56 Suppa7

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 04:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 01:08:
Sigh, and fucking ID Tech 5.... I hate that engine with such passion It is a really bad engine. The physics are horrible, the animations look clunky... everything seems like it's disconnected in that engine.

Oh well.... To each their own I guess.....

I don't know. I thought Wolfenstein: The New Order was pretty excellent.

Wolfenstein was the standard on a rails run and gun. The story was just balls. Reeked too much of the shit you see in call of duty, the whole "america fuck yeah" bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
85. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 19, 2014, 16:01 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 02:23:
I disagree. Hype only works on the naive. Being burned once or twice is enough to make you skeptical of hype.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong, if anything the vast majority of gamers are mouthbreathing morons. MMO's the original DRM pay to never own game was financially supported by legions of moutbreathing trash, who lead to the always online DRM in Diablo 3 and increasingly in every other game. Destiny is always online DRM'd console game masquerading as 'multiplayer'.

Hype works. Publishers have been confiscating game ownership left and right, STEAM was resisted when it was first released. Now most mouthbreathers accept it. Steam trojan horsed its entire DRM platform in on the back of its successful games (half-life, counterstrike). Forcing its adoption.

If anything the love for Valve from gamers and for steam proves they are shit eating morons.

I've watched gaming go right down the shitter because of morons who spend money on bullshit. Riot games and the rise of league of legends/F2P has everything to do with the naive dumb fucks. Horse armor/Day1 DLC, etc. Battlefield is a testament to how stupid gamers are let's be honest. Games are released completely broken and gamers keep buying them. The vast majority are gullible.

Everyone who bought and played, UO, EQ, Guild wars, etc, al taught the gaming industry the vast majority of gamers are moronic tech illiterate retards. MMO's are the case in point, most MMO players are among the lowest rungs in all of gaming since it was they who paved the way for always online DRM. Same goes gamers who paid for skins in league of legends (always online DRM game), same goes for people who paid for path of exile (always online DRM'd game).

The success of game devs convincing legions of moronic gamers to pay for games they never own is overwhelming evidence not in your favor.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 18, 2014, 10:51 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 04:55:
Why can't developers make a proper 4x, with new ideas?

Because developers only do what they know, it's the same reason RTS has been stagnating forever. Even the last great innovative RTS, Company of heroes wasn't all that innovative.

I read a great quote from one game developer that said "You're only as good as you're next game". Many developers are clueless, the guys behind planetary annihilation had no publishers involvement and couldn't even make a fun game ffs. There's a time when it's the publishers and then there's the time its the developers.

But to be honest the whole industry is out of touch with gaming's roots to a large extent.

Even Cd Projekt the DRM free guys, make games that are entirely modern casual wankfests that are all movie/thrill ride/story very little game.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
2. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 10:47 Suppa7

Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 10:31:
Never tried this. How is it? Is it grindy? P2W? Can I solo?

Grindy, yes but it's slow. I'd skip it, it isn't a well put together game at all.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 3, 2014, 18:28 Suppa7

mag wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 01:49:
Couldn't disagree more. PA's got some work that needs doing, and some UI adjustments would go a long way (minimaps as 2D projections of the planets would be awesome) to alleviating them. SupCom 2 was just... bad. There was nothing interesting, nothing fun about it at all. Boring.

I'm sorry but, supcom 2 is 77 on metacritic, PA is at 61. PA is easily less a game then supcom 2. Remember Supcom 2 had a single player campaign, PA is only skirmish/multi and has major online DRM.

I'm guessing you are young and inexperienced because PA is a shitfest compared even to ancient RTS games from the 90's.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 2, 2014, 23:35 Suppa7

mellis wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 20:09:
In fairness, it's a silly time to put out such a title. There is literally a glut of games on the horizon, all competing for our dollars - and it would be a really big shame if Pillars of Eternity didn't get its share of it.

The reality is most games on the horizon are repeats and many older games that were crowdfunded aren't in the most popular genres, I would have loved to see something like UT/Quake getting crowdfunding the equivalent of star citizen.

The reality is the lack of money is the real issue if we want to bring older games back with higher quality. Crowdfunding so far seems to have a limit.

That and many crowdfunded games haven't boasted about their sales numbers (neither shadowrun, or FTL for instance).

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 2, 2014, 19:50 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 19:27:
Planetary Annihilation on Steam. Save 50%.

Ooo. Half off already?

Yup PA was a disaster, we now know why Supcom 1 had such a troubled development. The team is just fucking incompetent. FYI, the team on Supcom 1 split Taylor and some went one way, Mavor (The fat guy in the PA videos) and others went the other to uber.

Uber has proven it was the the element weighing supcom down with the disaster that is PA. Supcom 2 while not the sequel we wanted was a respectable offering despite all its problems, Taylor had at least found the fun in the game.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha
19. Re: MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha Sep 11, 2014, 23:55 Suppa7

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 11:40:
- " stupid, stupid people who pay for MMO and F2P are a cancer on gaming," - Childish rant not really worth addressing, but I will. Without persistent servers, how exactly are these companies supposed to run managed leagues or provide massive worlds to players? Those persistent servers require significant monthly outlays of cash. Or would you prefer something like the EA approach where they shut down the community component every two years? Yes, Kali, Quakeworld, and the like were great, but it was a niche community rather than one with global scope. Ask yourself truthfully....was American football better when the Acme Packers were playing the Staleys on a sandlot or two years ago when Green Bay played the Bears in the actual playoffs?

Not a childish rant, videogames aren't television. The more games move in the direction of TV the less freedom we have as gamers to make levels/maps/etc.

Look at all the DLC shit we got now when tools and dedicated servers were released with games. You've swallowed the marketing speak, Counterstrike is one of the biggest games around and it *gasp* had dedicated servers that players could run.

The problem is games like league of legends where they market the shit out of it are shittier games than what we had in the past, there is a lot wrong with the gameplay and maps in league of legends that the dev won't fix for fear of alienating casuals. In quake 3 you had your basic game but you could choose to play rocket arena and the whole host of other mods.

Not only that buying fucking skins and models when we used to make and get that shit for free is just sickening bullshit. Lastly - the performance and gameplay of games are gimped when requiring a backend server. That is, developers get extremely lazy, after all these years the load times on league of legends are atrocious, the load times in league of legends shouldn't even exist in a game where the maps are so infinitely tiny, the reality was LOL was made by amateurs and it blew up and they have extremely untalented people, you can tell by the front end they use for lol, that adobe air shit. That's something incompetent people would use.

Ultima online had dedicated shard server released, so you can have players run their own massive worlds without being locked down by the publisher/developer.

They are using markeing and emotional manipulation to get you used to the new "circus shell game" theft of game ownership from gamers.

When you are PAYING for any game, they should never be allowed to be controlled and taken offline. "Games as a service" is the biggest con in all of gaming. The masses are to computer illiterate to see through it.

The reality is we've lost a lot in terms of gameplay and freedom as gamers and its going to get worse because younger generations have no clue what happened with gaming in the 90's, now developers are trying to sweep it under the rug and repetaing "the big lie" like the freedom of the 90's never happened because they see $ signs. The "hollywood model" for gaming is the worst thing to ever happen to videogaming because it ensures all new AAA releases will release with "always online" required and now you can be DMCA's for making levels/skins/models and modifying game code (mods/levels/etc become illegal).

This is the natural way of corporations, if you don't think this is evli, the fact that publishers/devs hate used console games and want to 'get rid of them' is overwhelming evidence that they want total control over you and to be able to redefine the relationship at any time to expand their profits. The last 15 years of gaming has born this out in spades with online passes and publishres forcing online DRM into their games and even Gabe is in on it, sinec you can't play supcom 2 multiplayer without being logged into steam (aka on the internet).

The removal of LAN options and the increasingly orwellian nature of game editing tools that will become even of a legal mess and shitstorm for gamers who just want to have fun and be left alone.

The reality is the way games are made under the bad copyright/software laws are way out-dated and games are literally going to disappear from history with morons like you claiming "it's the bestest thing ever".

Doom/quake/descent would simply disappear today if they were MMO's/F2P games you know that right? Once these things disappear/fad dies its game over, not every F2P/MMO is going to be DoTA and league, devs and pubs have shown if a game doesn't show the numbers they abandon it.

We've seen this countless times that the industry DOESN'T care about its games unless they believe there is sufficient profit in it, the problem is as a gamer you are PAYING so you deserve to have your rights respected because you've already paid for the development of the game and future games by your game purchase.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha
15. Re: MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha Sep 11, 2014, 00:55 Suppa7

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 17:51:
edaciousx wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 16:45:
Those mechs are damn overpriced. $15? for one hero mech or $30 bucks? I forget the price but its just so damn stupid. Then you have to buy more mech bays... what a disappointment.
A buck for a mechbay is expensive? $15 for a mech that gives you 30% earning bonus for every match you play? For a game you spent $0 on to begin with? Entitled much?

Spending money on a game you don't own is stupid, stupid people who pay for MMO and F2P are a cancer on gaming, they allowed the rise of DRM. The vast majority are ignorant little shits. If ANYONE is entitled its developers and publishers releasing broken games.

Free market theory has been proved false, human irrationality is too strong and the minority of adults are outnumbered by people at chimp levels of intelligence and functioning.

News Comments > Transverse Announced
10. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 22:24 Suppa7

The Pyro wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 18:22:
Also... I'm totally burnt out on the whole pre-release/crowd-funding fad.

There have been some pretty good games, Shadowrun is now good with dragon fall. FTL / Faster than light and Shovel knight were pretty damn good.

There are other promising projects like Project eternity and wasteland, what's going to happen with these is probably - their first outings will be mediocre/average and they'll get better in their next iteration.

Basically developers are re-learning developing these style games, the same kind of learning curve the shadow run developers went through. This has always been the case even in console land, developers have a learning curve as the re-adjust to developing a kind of game.

I'm also hoping Next car game turns out ok because Ridge racer Driftopia wasn't bad, it was basically what Ridge racer unbounded should have been in the gameplay department. Felt like one of those arcade racers in the old arcades. I had fun doing the leader boards and racing against other real players, since I was in the top 10 on a significant # of tracks.

The demo they released for next car game was decent (the one with the jumsp, physics cannon and barrel).

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Ship Customization Video
5. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Ship Customization Video Sep 9, 2014, 07:41 Suppa7

Cliffs games leave a lot to be desired but they sure do look pretty. I wouldn't really call them games, more toys then anything. I'd love it if beat hazard and space battles had a baby, I'd love to play the beat hazard ship againts a fleat of space battles ships while the music is playing.

The problem with cliffs games is he either needs to take Space battles in the 4x like direction of simulation, or go the smuppy beat hazard route of an action game. This toy simulation with microscopic RTS elements that plays out fixed as you watch the game play itself is petty bland.

His game caters to super casuals.

News Comments > WBIE TMs WB Play
12. Re: WBIE TMs WB Play Sep 8, 2014, 09:31 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 17:06:
Maybe they're trying to cut Steam out too. And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea these days. Steam has definitely got too big for its britches. It needs to be taken down several pegs. Shake things up and get their shit together.

I see things getting worse, every developer will just insert online DRM and market it as "required internet connection" like diablo 3. Diablo and league of legends basically convinced devs most gamers will buckle and they'll keep pushing while advertising DRM with market speak like "cloud saving, server calculations, etc".

Planetary annihilation did this with their DRM server backend. You should see all the stupid PR bots defending this shit in forums and they are deleting threads.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation in Stores
4. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 11:05 Suppa7

Parias wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 11:02:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 10:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 10:29:
This is one of the few things I backed back when KS was all the hype.
Me too and tbh I don't like the way the game turned out to be.
Find it more frustrating than fun to play.
Lesson learned.
It reminds me of Stracraft with "number of action per minute" and macros and build orders, bullshit

Can you go into a bit more detail? This might just be a personal preference thing, but it looks to me like this plays a lot like Supreme Commander / Total Annihilation did (which were awesome classics in my book, and I loved the "queued orders" playstyle), and I've been curious if this actually is the case.

The problem is many of the ideas in PA needed more money and time to develop. They simply couldn't make a game like an RTS on the money they received. Basically Uber was taking gamers for a ride, those of us who know how much games like supcom 1 + 2 cost to produce knew that 2.5 million is not enough to make that game.

Both supcom 1 and 2 had problems, and supcom 2 was a massive disappointment in terms of universe/story and gameplay compared to supcom 1, that was due to supcom 2 having half the budget of supcom 1.

Supcom 1 was at least 10 million, supcom 2 had a budget of 5 million. There's just no way to make a good RTS for 2.5 mill, and I'm sure they spent less then that while making the game given how shitty everything has turned out. They took gamers for a ride.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 11:15.

News Comments > Strike Vector Free Weekend
8. Re: Strike Vector Free Weekend Aug 12, 2014, 04:22 Suppa7

nin wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 08:38:
fatguy wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 16:59:
Strike Vector is a fantastic competitive multiplayer game. It's a damn shame the community is so small. This game deserves a lot more recognition than it gets.

I would have grabbed it if it had bot support. But I also understand that that's more work, especially for a small company.

They had Freespace AI to learn from and descent. There are open source games to look at the source. The reality is many game devs are juts fucking lazy. They just won't commit to finishing the god damn game. Strike vector is a great example of focusing too much on graphics and not enough on gameplay.

News Comments > Vigil Vets Form Gunfire; Aiming at Darksiders
3. Re: Vigil Vets Form Gunfire; Aiming at Darksiders Aug 12, 2014, 04:14 Suppa7

Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 16:44:
Great news there. Darksiders 1 and especially 2, rank in my top 10 games of all time.

Darksiders 1 was good, Darksiders 2 sucked pretty bad. It was obvious towards the end especially the game was rushed.

My biggest beef with Darksiders 2 was the tonnes of wasted area and the shit enemies. The funnest part of the game was the arena. It had great art and atmosphere but the combat (as a whole when including enemies) was not challenging or very action packed. They fucked up the story so hard in DS2, let's be honest. Darksiders 2 fucked up and executed the lore/story badly.

DS1 had similar issues but not to the degree of darksiders 2. DS1 > DS2 easily in my books.

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
40. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 12, 2014, 03:55 Suppa7

Iurand wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 17:16:
Indeed. It took Bioware only 18 months to complete Dragon Age 2 and we all know how good it was. They only had proven engine and team of devs exprienced working with it and themselfs.

Stupid Chris Roberts can't conjure anything starting from scratch.

Not to mention dragon age 2 was not an action game, the physics and combat in that game is simple by comparison to any space shooter or FPS.

RPG's tend to have easy to engineer combat systems compared to real time games because the combat is mostly scripted/automated. Using RPG's as a benchmark is awful because they are one of the easiest genre's to make in terms of combat style because it's passive and non interactive 99% of the time.

News Comments > Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity
8. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 12, 2014, 02:34 Suppa7

Kobalt wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 17:35:
It's not fair to compare the netcode of a fighting game to a fps at all.

Actually it is, the argument "they are different games" means nothing because multiplayer code for OTHER fighting games long forgotten worked just fine in pre 2000' era. You just weren't aware of them. Bad game design/network code is 100% the problem in an age of broadband. There is no excuse when the modern internet is almost the equivalent of one giant lan.

Not to mention multiplayer emulation over modem/slow connections using console emulators.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2014, 04:29 Suppa7

Axis wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:37:
If I had to choose a "bias" at all, it's people who have consolitis - the disease that spread throughout the connected world spreading the untruth that the console is everything and PC gaming is dying. And now that fad is gone, we're left with some sourfaces who choose offense when it's mentioned that consoles are sub par gaming machines. And they forget that not long ago they'd pay anything even for complete garbage, another sour point.

You speak the truth, the reality is most of gaming's commenters, websites, and people behind popular shows are idiots pandering to retards.

Game quality took a nose dive when games became mainstream around 2000'ish. Consoles generally attract dumber as a rule. There was a time where deep gameplay mechanics and finished games actually existed and things weren't permanently broken with locked down games. Almost every game tries to be a movie nowadays (mass effect, call of duty, gta, assassins creed) all the big names are essentially movies wrapped in shells of gameplay.

The fact that many game commenters have a pro console bias is proof they aren't real gamers. Anyone who grew up on atari, Nintendo, Playstation, and has a brain is downright horrified at the severe quality drop in modern games and the horrible direction games went (f2P/mmo/microtransactions). All this being allowed, allows business types to rape the stupid masses silly and it spells shitty games.

When unfinished games receive universally high praise (like Asscreed 1 was).

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
10. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 13:58 Suppa7

The internet exists to make clickbait articles like this. The internet, perversely, promotes this kind of stupid shit for clicks.  

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 20:27 Suppa7

Beamer wrote on May 22, 2014, 19:04:
They can do better. We should expect our companies to do better. But, for whatever reason, while this board is very quick to make all kinds of demands that corporations do everything better, those same people are equally quick to defend them whenever it turns to race, gender or sexuality.

That's because we're talking about escapism here, we're not talking about some little old lady being pushed out of her apartment or being discriminated against. We're talking about FUCKING FICTIONAL CHARACTERS IN FICTIONAL WORLDS. Yes having more white/brown/asian/whatever models is going to change the world... Not.

People like you need to get a fucking clue, 99% of people of all colors and creeds give not one fuck about sex/race/gender in videogames. That tells you all you need to know about the race/sex/gender weirdo's on the internet broadcasting their extreme minority opinion.

275 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo