Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 287 (Amateur)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > TOXIKK Movement Trailer
6. Re: TOXIKK Movement Trailer Oct 23, 2014, 14:13 Suppa7

Fion wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:08:
Speaking of movement, in my opinion no 'arena' shooter has yet topped Quake 2 as far as movement potential.

Have to disagree with you there, Quake 3 with mods had better movement then Q2. Quake 2 is a close runner up, I'd put them about par personally. They both have their unique aspects to their movement systems. Who didn't love fighting over haste or regen in Q3, truly???

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion Released
3. Re: Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion Released Oct 22, 2014, 13:54 Suppa7

Desperately needs the expansion the original release was shit.  

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
9. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 13:22 Suppa7

These are cash in games trying to pump and dump the renewed interest in space games Star citizen and elite have created.

I predict many F2P space games are going to go the way of archblade.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207230/

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
70. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 21, 2014, 20:57 Suppa7

Beamer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 17:53:
.The guy you're responding to doesn't seem to understand how consoles work. It's actually kind of frightening how many people post authoritative opinions on development without ever having worked for a developer and understand the processes software goes through as it's developed, how it changes over time, and how consoles manage significantly more out of less hardware than PCs do.

Uhm you are a moron for believing this shit, PC's have been way ahead, perhaps you should go read what John carmack had to say about PC hardware here.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134829/carmack_on_rage.php

Here's JC's comment :"Because what I look back as one of the biggest mistakes I made in this generation, was at the beginning, five or six years ago, looking and saying, "Consoles are basically as good as PCs," at the time, and developing the workflow so it worked across both of them.

Looking back now, we have PCs that are an order of magnitude more powerful, and if our workflow is instead focused on explicitly on just... you build and develop on the PC, and you decimate things into a target for the consoles. There are things that I would do very differently.

And part of that stuff is, the three legs of this that we have now, is we have massive numbers of cores -- I have 24 threads on my desktop machine. Massive amounts of memory -- 24 gigs, and we can throw a lot more in. And we've got solid state drives -- you can put a half of a terabyte in there. And if I take that as the baseline of what I want all our developers to use, I will build a very different system.

My marching orders to myself here are, I want game loads of two seconds on our PC platform, so we can iterate that much faster. And right now, even with solid state drives, you're dominated by all the things that you do at loading times, so it takes this different discipline to be able to say "Everything is going to be decimated and used in relative addresses," so you just say, "Map the file, all my resources are right there, and it's done in 15 milliseconds."

You guys are retarded if you think Titanfall can't be easily run on a core 2 system + 8800 GTX considering its target platform was the xbox 360.

Who should we believe, someone who programs games for a living, or retarded anonymous gamer comments from people who don't know how computers work?

66. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 21, 2014, 16:36 Suppa7

UHD wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:08:
Calm down bro, it's just video games.

When people start trying to fake "understanding" about how computers work and pushing their little bullshit gaming lies, I get pissed and so should other people. Spreading disinformation about how computers actually work is exactly why we have the cult of steam, people believing games couldn't work without steamworks or steamworks isn't DRM (which it is).

65. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 21, 2014, 16:35 Suppa7

shihonage wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:29:
The whole "Titanfall on dual core machines" scenario is hilarious. Titanfall runs like shit on anything but very modern hardware.

You do know, you computer illiterate that Titanfall was released for the Xbox 360 which is beneath a Core 2 duo E6600 and 8800 GTX in horsepower, don't you? Your post is so full of lies and fail I'm laughing at just how much bullshit you bullshitters are spewing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 11:10 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:03:
How do you guys handle online bought but physically shipped items? For me it's a huge hassle to actually be there when the packet guy/gal is there.

Make sure you select the right shipping method, in Canada for instance if you order by the canadian post office, they have a setup with shoppers drug mart chains so they drop off the package at shoppers for you to pickup if you are not home.

I imagine there may be a similar thing in america, always look at options for shipping from different merchants.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 09:24 Suppa7

It's really about shipping costs. If the item you want + shipping is the same price as you'd buy in store then it makes sense to just get it from the store.  

60. removed Oct 21, 2014, 08:52 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 21, 2014, 18:42.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
38. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:42 Suppa7

Icewind wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:21:
Danger Dog beat me to posting that Jade comic. I remember that, and the stink it caused. Me? I laughed my butt off at it.

I'm half shocked that none of the self-righteous SJWs have used that incident in their fight. Goes to show you how much of a game industry newbie these young hipsters truly are.

That being said, Jade was okay. At least she wasn't a walking set of boobs like Stevie Case.

Stop using SJW, just call them what they are - morally twisted people. There is such a thing as real social justice (aka not pushing our grandmothers off social security, genuine poverty in the world the result of war/famine,etc).

These people are just trash trying to get attention. Good people are good despite any political label and aren't quick to judge.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
37. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:40 Suppa7

nutshell42 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:25:
AC1 was flawed in many ways but also a great game in many ways.

AC1 was balls, it had a nice world but the game elements were fundamentally broken. Remember AC1 was coming after prince of persia SoT and warrior within. The combat in AC1 was justs fucking terrible.

It's probably the most boring game ever made, AC2 is where they redeemed AC1. After that it's backslided into typical AC tropes.

48. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 18:15 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:53:
Respectfully, you make a few assumptions here that are just flat-out wrong.

Uncompressed Audio: I'm assuming you're referring to Titanfall here? Titanfall's audio was shipping uncompressed because low-end PCs can't handle compressed audio. The consoles? They have dedicated audio decoders and can decompress audio until the cows come home.

I'm sorry but you are both fucking wrong! God the tech illiteracy of the new generation of gamers astounds me. The reality is these games are pushed out unfinished and devs are giving you excuses for their unfinished games.

No PC within the last 6 years would break a sweat processing audio, audio has been cheap since Core 2 duo for fuck sakes. The idea that PC's are the ones holding gaming back is laughable.

You guys need to learn how PC's work and fast, you are eating marketing lies. Never trust anything coming out of devs/gaming press.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 04:56 Suppa7

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 04:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 01:08:
Sigh, and fucking ID Tech 5.... I hate that engine with such passion It is a really bad engine. The physics are horrible, the animations look clunky... everything seems like it's disconnected in that engine.

Oh well.... To each their own I guess.....

I don't know. I thought Wolfenstein: The New Order was pretty excellent.

Wolfenstein was the standard on a rails run and gun. The story was just balls. Reeked too much of the shit you see in call of duty, the whole "america fuck yeah" bullshit.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
85. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 19, 2014, 16:01 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 02:23:
I disagree. Hype only works on the naive. Being burned once or twice is enough to make you skeptical of hype.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong, if anything the vast majority of gamers are mouthbreathing morons. MMO's the original DRM pay to never own game was financially supported by legions of moutbreathing trash, who lead to the always online DRM in Diablo 3 and increasingly in every other game. Destiny is always online DRM'd console game masquerading as 'multiplayer'.

Hype works. Publishers have been confiscating game ownership left and right, STEAM was resisted when it was first released. Now most mouthbreathers accept it. Steam trojan horsed its entire DRM platform in on the back of its successful games (half-life, counterstrike). Forcing its adoption.

If anything the love for Valve from gamers and for steam proves they are shit eating morons.

I've watched gaming go right down the shitter because of morons who spend money on bullshit. Riot games and the rise of league of legends/F2P has everything to do with the naive dumb fucks. Horse armor/Day1 DLC, etc. Battlefield is a testament to how stupid gamers are let's be honest. Games are released completely broken and gamers keep buying them. The vast majority are gullible.

Everyone who bought and played, UO, EQ, Guild wars, etc, al taught the gaming industry the vast majority of gamers are moronic tech illiterate retards. MMO's are the case in point, most MMO players are among the lowest rungs in all of gaming since it was they who paved the way for always online DRM. Same goes gamers who paid for skins in league of legends (always online DRM game), same goes for people who paid for path of exile (always online DRM'd game).

The success of game devs convincing legions of moronic gamers to pay for games they never own is overwhelming evidence not in your favor.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 18, 2014, 10:51 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 04:55:
Why can't developers make a proper 4x, with new ideas?

Because developers only do what they know, it's the same reason RTS has been stagnating forever. Even the last great innovative RTS, Company of heroes wasn't all that innovative.

I read a great quote from one game developer that said "You're only as good as you're next game". Many developers are clueless, the guys behind planetary annihilation had no publishers involvement and couldn't even make a fun game ffs. There's a time when it's the publishers and then there's the time its the developers.

But to be honest the whole industry is out of touch with gaming's roots to a large extent.

Even Cd Projekt the DRM free guys, make games that are entirely modern casual wankfests that are all movie/thrill ride/story very little game.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
2. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 10:47 Suppa7

Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 10:31:
Never tried this. How is it? Is it grindy? P2W? Can I solo?

Grindy, yes but it's slow. I'd skip it, it isn't a well put together game at all.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 3, 2014, 18:28 Suppa7

mag wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 01:49:
Couldn't disagree more. PA's got some work that needs doing, and some UI adjustments would go a long way (minimaps as 2D projections of the planets would be awesome) to alleviating them. SupCom 2 was just... bad. There was nothing interesting, nothing fun about it at all. Boring.

I'm sorry but, supcom 2 is 77 on metacritic, PA is at 61. PA is easily less a game then supcom 2. Remember Supcom 2 had a single player campaign, PA is only skirmish/multi and has major online DRM.

I'm guessing you are young and inexperienced because PA is a shitfest compared even to ancient RTS games from the 90's.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 2, 2014, 23:35 Suppa7

mellis wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 20:09:
In fairness, it's a silly time to put out such a title. There is literally a glut of games on the horizon, all competing for our dollars - and it would be a really big shame if Pillars of Eternity didn't get its share of it.

The reality is most games on the horizon are repeats and many older games that were crowdfunded aren't in the most popular genres, I would have loved to see something like UT/Quake getting crowdfunding the equivalent of star citizen.

The reality is the lack of money is the real issue if we want to bring older games back with higher quality. Crowdfunding so far seems to have a limit.

That and many crowdfunded games haven't boasted about their sales numbers (neither shadowrun, or FTL for instance).

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 2, 2014, 19:50 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 19:27:
Planetary Annihilation on Steam. Save 50%.

Ooo. Half off already?

Yup PA was a disaster, we now know why Supcom 1 had such a troubled development. The team is just fucking incompetent. FYI, the team on Supcom 1 split Taylor and some went one way, Mavor (The fat guy in the PA videos) and others went the other to uber.

Uber has proven it was the the element weighing supcom down with the disaster that is PA. Supcom 2 while not the sequel we wanted was a respectable offering despite all its problems, Taylor had at least found the fun in the game.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha
19. Re: MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha Sep 11, 2014, 23:55 Suppa7

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 11:40:
- " stupid, stupid people who pay for MMO and F2P are a cancer on gaming," - Childish rant not really worth addressing, but I will. Without persistent servers, how exactly are these companies supposed to run managed leagues or provide massive worlds to players? Those persistent servers require significant monthly outlays of cash. Or would you prefer something like the EA approach where they shut down the community component every two years? Yes, Kali, Quakeworld, and the like were great, but it was a niche community rather than one with global scope. Ask yourself truthfully....was American football better when the Acme Packers were playing the Staleys on a sandlot or two years ago when Green Bay played the Bears in the actual playoffs?

Not a childish rant, videogames aren't television. The more games move in the direction of TV the less freedom we have as gamers to make levels/maps/etc.

Look at all the DLC shit we got now when tools and dedicated servers were released with games. You've swallowed the marketing speak, Counterstrike is one of the biggest games around and it *gasp* had dedicated servers that players could run.

The problem is games like league of legends where they market the shit out of it are shittier games than what we had in the past, there is a lot wrong with the gameplay and maps in league of legends that the dev won't fix for fear of alienating casuals. In quake 3 you had your basic game but you could choose to play rocket arena and the whole host of other mods.

Not only that buying fucking skins and models when we used to make and get that shit for free is just sickening bullshit. Lastly - the performance and gameplay of games are gimped when requiring a backend server. That is, developers get extremely lazy, after all these years the load times on league of legends are atrocious, the load times in league of legends shouldn't even exist in a game where the maps are so infinitely tiny, the reality was LOL was made by amateurs and it blew up and they have extremely untalented people, you can tell by the front end they use for lol, that adobe air shit. That's something incompetent people would use.

Ultima online had dedicated shard server released, so you can have players run their own massive worlds without being locked down by the publisher/developer.

They are using markeing and emotional manipulation to get you used to the new "circus shell game" theft of game ownership from gamers.

When you are PAYING for any game, they should never be allowed to be controlled and taken offline. "Games as a service" is the biggest con in all of gaming. The masses are to computer illiterate to see through it.

The reality is we've lost a lot in terms of gameplay and freedom as gamers and its going to get worse because younger generations have no clue what happened with gaming in the 90's, now developers are trying to sweep it under the rug and repetaing "the big lie" like the freedom of the 90's never happened because they see $ signs. The "hollywood model" for gaming is the worst thing to ever happen to videogaming because it ensures all new AAA releases will release with "always online" required and now you can be DMCA's for making levels/skins/models and modifying game code (mods/levels/etc become illegal).

This is the natural way of corporations, if you don't think this is evli, the fact that publishers/devs hate used console games and want to 'get rid of them' is overwhelming evidence that they want total control over you and to be able to redefine the relationship at any time to expand their profits. The last 15 years of gaming has born this out in spades with online passes and publishres forcing online DRM into their games and even Gabe is in on it, sinec you can't play supcom 2 multiplayer without being logged into steam (aka on the internet).

The removal of LAN options and the increasingly orwellian nature of game editing tools that will become even of a legal mess and shitstorm for gamers who just want to have fun and be left alone.

The reality is the way games are made under the bad copyright/software laws are way out-dated and games are literally going to disappear from history with morons like you claiming "it's the bestest thing ever".

Doom/quake/descent would simply disappear today if they were MMO's/F2P games you know that right? Once these things disappear/fad dies its game over, not every F2P/MMO is going to be DoTA and league, devs and pubs have shown if a game doesn't show the numbers they abandon it.

We've seen this countless times that the industry DOESN'T care about its games unless they believe there is sufficient profit in it, the problem is as a gamer you are PAYING so you deserve to have your rights respected because you've already paid for the development of the game and future games by your game purchase.

287 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo