Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 304 (Amateur)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 20, 2014, 17:29 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 16:02:
If the government really had internet customers interests in mind then they would hold all of these ISP's to task over not fulfilling the mandate set forth in the 1996 telecommunications act.

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2007/pulpit_20070810_002683.html

The publics of the world are just at fucking chimp levels of intelligence regarding how their own political system works and world affairs.

National security advisor says that americans are "stunningly ignorant"

Reasoning and the human brain doesn't work the way we thought it did:

Science on reasoning

Manufacturing consent

Manufacturing consent

The real news:

The real news network

Democracy Incorporated

Shadow government

National security government

Look at the following graphs:

Wealth inequality graphs

Who rules america wealth study

And then...

WIKILEAKS: U.S. Fought To Lower Minimum Wage In Haiti So Hanes And Levis Would Stay Cheap

US fought to lower Minimum wage in Haiti

Vid

Free markets?

Conservative nanny state - huge state subsidies

Free trade?

Declining wages

Empire of illusion

"We now live in two Americas. One—now the minority—functions in a print-based, literate world that can cope with complexity and can separate illusion from truth. The other—the majority—is retreating from a reality-based world into one of false certainty and magic. To this majority—which crosses social class lines, though the poor are overwhelmingly affected—presidential debate and political rhetoric is pitched at a sixth-grade reading level. In this “other America,” serious film and theater, as well as newspapers and books, are being pushed to the margins of society.

In the tradition of Christopher Lasch’s The Culture of Narcissism and Neil Postman’s Amusing Ourselves to Death, Pulitzer Prize-winner Chris Hedges navigates this culture—attending WWF contests, the Adult Video News Awards in Las Vegas, and Ivy League graduation ceremonies—to expose an age of terrifying decline and heightened self-delusion."

Important history:

History of american empire

Why regulations don't work

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month
19. Re: Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month Dec 18, 2014, 01:00 Suppa7

GL1zdA wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 03:58:
The important fact is the first game allowed them to further develop and expand the game. I think this is what matters - to have a stable platform they could improve (not build another one from scratch) and spend most of their resources on content.

If they want to develop another campaign through Kickstarter I will definitely back the project.

I agree, it's just sad they stopped asking for money after the kickstarter. I didn't even hear about the kickstarter until long after it finished. People just assume that if you do a kickstarter people will know, they shouldn't. Advertising matters. I missed a cubic ass tonne of kickstarters I would have loved to know about.

Game developers really have a hard time getting shit out there and keeping it permanent. If anything I don't know why the guys behind kickstarter just don't do permanent crowdfunding campaign that allows people to give money after the kickstarter is done. Love or hate Star citizen but Chris roberts really showed us that you got to put effort into your fundraising if you want it to continue. No one would have expected that level of funding. I think many game devs are not really trying all that hard. It can't take a genius to setup your own crowdfunding site.

News Comments > Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month
11. Re: Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month Dec 16, 2014, 21:49 Suppa7

Deathhead wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 20:11:
tskiller wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 19:44:
Umm, why do they need another kickstarter? Didn't they make any money from the first game?

This is a niche game, they may not have sold a lot of copies outside of the kickstarter game, thus the need for more money when developing a new title.

The reality is the first game wasn't all that great and it took until dragonall before you could even customize characters. So the "real game" didn't even get made compared to how Shadowrun is supposed to be.

They made a lot of concessions and it took forever to get shit right.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 13, 2014, 16:38 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 16:19:
and it boggles the mind how it's permitted to begin with.

Nah you just don't know enough history. This is standard suff for anyone who's a history buff. Capitalism in a nutshell is war, whether you acknowledge it or not. One only has to look at how copyright battles were won handily every time over the last 200 years to see that people like yourself have been blind every generation.

The myth of "balance" in capitalist societies

Opposing copyright extension

Copyright extension act - Public slaughtered over the last 200 years and ignorant of it

Overthrowing governments

Corporate america Overthrowing governments

War is a racket - War is about profit

"I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil intersts in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested." [p. 10]

"War is a racket. ...It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives." [p. 23] "The general public shoulders the bill [for war]. This bill renders a horrible accounting. Newly placed gravestones. Mangled bodies. Shattered minds. Broken hearts and homes. Economic instability. Depression and all its attendant miseries. Back-breaking taxation for generations and generations." [p. 24]

The 9 trillion dollar bank bailout

Bank bailout

Libor scandal

Libor

Rule of law is impossible under capitalism, since the kings of business (he who has the gold makes the rules) get to do whatever they want and the public gets fucked.

The real america

Regulating capitalism has failed:

Regulating capitalism has failed

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
13. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 12, 2014, 17:06 Suppa7

If freespace were to come back it should come back as an FPS, now before you grown. I'd love to see something like Halo done with the freespace unvierse, the Shivans and Vasudans could be made into an amazing fps game, then you are making money off the property again and is shown to make $ you can then expand the universe and get that traditional space dogfighting back.

If you doubt this consider Unreal tournament 2004, it has vehicles you can fly or drive, and the same goes for Halo. Freespace 2 is a vehilcular combat sim like descent, most of the market isn't too enthused by that and wants "man in a world that can do anything" simulation.

That is why shit like saints row 3/4 is so popular. That would be a better way for Freespace universe to re-enter the game market.

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
5. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 12, 2014, 11:28 Suppa7

They haven't made a Freespace 3 because Freespace 2 only sold slightly over 100,000 copies when it released. i.e. it was a big financial disappointment. So volition who made Freespace 2 went on to make Summoner, Red faction and the ever popular GTA clone Saints row series. Saints row was their financial home run.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 2, 2014, 15:01 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 10:57:
27 million? Wow, there really is no hope for humanity.

You have to remember kids are constantly being born into the world and LOL is videogames for retards, that's why it's successful. The same way MMO's are successful, they cater to people who can't play videogames to save their lives and hence are the lowest common denominator in terms of intelligence. Reflexes and intelligence are correlated, that's why games like Descent, fast paced FPS games like quake, the masses just can't handle them.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
18. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 22, 2014, 20:01 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 17:05:
even if you do somehow magically detect all the cheats you still have hardware manufactures offering up cheats to sell their products.

http://www.asus.com/microsite/2013/lcd/GamingMonitors/fast.htm

ASUS VG Gaming Series monitors feature the GamePlus hotkey with crosshair overlay and timer functions. Select from four different crosshairs to suit your gaming environment, and keep track of spawn and build times with the on-screen timer.

you can program a crosshair to show up on the monitor.

A crosshair doesn't mean jack shit, only auto-aim is really a cheat. I know because I used to play with wallhackers and skill still reigns supreme even against minor cheats minus aimbot.

News Comments > Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs
2. Re: Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs Nov 22, 2014, 14:37 Suppa7

Proof that publishers were correct dumping double fine. They are don't have their shit together.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 22, 2014, 14:27 Suppa7

That's about right, we had the same problems back in the quake ladder days. Wallhacking was rampant and some were out-right botting but on the net you can't catch those people.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
47. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 13:37 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:12:
Do you not understand concepts like principles? That most people don't like being lied to? Particularly when there's money involved - and the amount is irrelevant. A man who doesn't keep his word isn't a man.

When has mankind had principles? The current social order we live under was created by superstitious thugs and murderers. Capitalism in a nutshell is corrupt at its very foundation (aka taking the natural world hostage and allowing a small group of people to own the planet).

America's record of overthrowing other peoples governments

William blum - history of american empire

Theft of the public domain (right to own, repair software, etc)

Corporations theft of public domain

More stupidity:

Army secretly dumps 64 million pounds of poison

Death of native indians/north americans.

Death of native aboriginals in Canada

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 13:45.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
88. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 17:05 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:00:
That doesn't fit why I use it.

And you are one of the ignorant bastards I'm talking about, steam has single handedly ruined things like level editing and game modification the culture of DRM that started with MMO's and Steam has lead to the locking down of games. So while it's nice and convenient for you. Dev's now try to lock down games for DLC and all sorts of nonsense because of the chimp like intelligence of most gamers who rationalize the destruction of the awesome shit we had in the 90's.

If you never played games during the 90's you probably wouldn't get why older gamers hate DRM so much. The MMO/F2P/Always online mouthbreathing generation has given the corporat world the green light to lock down games and take game ownership away from you and hit you with DMCA's and the rest of it just for wanting to modify shit you paid for. All because of ignorant gamers.

83. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 16:54 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:46:
People are perfectly okay with Steam DRM but come out screaming with pitchforks when anyone else implements it.

Steam trojan horsed it's way to success on the back of half-life/CS let's remember, valve infected the game with that shit and since videogamers are not within a block or two of valve HQ they got away with it. Markets only work if the buyer and seller are within a few blocks of one another, otherwise corruption and nonsense expands.

Steam got the new generation of gamers and kids who were tech illiterate. People now use steam because they don't have a choice and the DRM hating gamers are outnumbered by the mouthbreathing masses but are still a sizable market (see: Good old games).

3. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:06 Suppa7

Wow nice to see game devs true faces, but let's be frank these developers are without a publisher and now they want to "get on the money train" by using fans to fund their desire for wealth. It would be have been better to tell fans that they want DRM to sales for the sales window and patch it out then just pull this shit. I can understand where devs are coming from but people are paying.

The devs want the analytics data to see who plays elite and what their skills are so they can market it down for the masses for their next game. That's what the DRM is really for sadly besides trying to get in on the micro-transaction bandwagon.

Same thing happened with Planetary annihilation. Developers are jealous of all that stupid money from F2P and microtransactions from MMO/F2P land. I wish humanity wasn't such a race of fucking mouthbreathing retards.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2014, 14:13.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2014, 14:56 Suppa7

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 12:41:
If this was publisher-approved, why would it happen?

To keep the game in the public mind and drive ad revenue, the whole purpose of media is to shape the opinions of the public to accept the criminal abuse of the corporate world as normal by repeatedly pounding the message into the heads of readers. Since websites rely on ad revenue they just spout corporate nonsense. Original content would be highly inflamatory (aka games going public domain, the rare article on RPS) and things against DLC/DRM/MMO's and intellectual property in general.

The current gaming regime is way past criminal already. Problem is the "market" as it is taught to us can only work if 1) people are rational and 2) people are adults. 3) you're within a block or two of the company. There was enough adults to stop all this shit there can be no accountability for any company when the majority of the adult population is not located a block from where these companies are.

The vast majority of the gaming market is stupid and ignorant.

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed
17. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed Oct 29, 2014, 08:29 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 06:14:
None even remotely as grand and crazy as Valkyria Chronicles...

Did you not play alpha centauri?

http://www.gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
11. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 16:11 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:14:
Also, I've been wondering why FPS is important for a TBS game like this. I saw this and understand a bit more, even if I don't completely agree:

If you play (Civilization: Beyond Earth) for 40 hours, you’ve built an enormous empire. There’s a huge amount going on, besides just these tactical battles. We do allow you to zoom out quite far. […] When you back up, you see your whole empire at once. That’s demanding. That’s when the performance, typically, in PC strategy games begins to go down.

The reality is Civ 5 series of games is some of the most poorly programmed civ, they are trying to hide their programming incompetence with Framerate. The long pauses between turns in the late game has everything to do with shitty programming and little to do with 3D fps performance. Since high FPS is not needed in a turn based strategy game.

The fact is games more complex than civ 5 (like AC) have turns that go at lightning speed compared to modern games. It's just bloat and fresh interns who don't know how to program worth a damn.

Only a few guys in the industry are amazing coders like the guys behind Elite. David braben and company you can tell when the man speaks he understands his shit. Man might not be the best game designer but he clearly is brilliant.

News Comments > TOXIKK Movement Trailer
6. Re: TOXIKK Movement Trailer Oct 23, 2014, 14:13 Suppa7

Fion wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:08:
Speaking of movement, in my opinion no 'arena' shooter has yet topped Quake 2 as far as movement potential.

Have to disagree with you there, Quake 3 with mods had better movement then Q2. Quake 2 is a close runner up, I'd put them about par personally. They both have their unique aspects to their movement systems. Who didn't love fighting over haste or regen in Q3, truly???

News Comments > Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion Released
3. Re: Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion Released Oct 22, 2014, 13:54 Suppa7

Desperately needs the expansion the original release was shit.  

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
9. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 13:22 Suppa7

These are cash in games trying to pump and dump the renewed interest in space games Star citizen and elite have created.

I predict many F2P space games are going to go the way of archblade.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207230/

304 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo