Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 294 (Amateur)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
47. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 13:37 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:12:
Do you not understand concepts like principles? That most people don't like being lied to? Particularly when there's money involved - and the amount is irrelevant. A man who doesn't keep his word isn't a man.

When has mankind had principles? The current social order we live under was created by superstitious thugs and murderers. Capitalism in a nutshell is corrupt at its very foundation (aka taking the natural world hostage and allowing a small group of people to own the planet).

America's record of overthrowing other peoples governments

William blum - history of american empire

Theft of the public domain (right to own, repair software, etc)

Corporations theft of public domain

More stupidity:

Army secretly dumps 64 million pounds of poison

Death of native indians/north americans.

Death of native aboriginals in Canada

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 13:45.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
88. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 17:05 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:00:
That doesn't fit why I use it.

And you are one of the ignorant bastards I'm talking about, steam has single handedly ruined things like level editing and game modification the culture of DRM that started with MMO's and Steam has lead to the locking down of games. So while it's nice and convenient for you. Dev's now try to lock down games for DLC and all sorts of nonsense because of the chimp like intelligence of most gamers who rationalize the destruction of the awesome shit we had in the 90's.

If you never played games during the 90's you probably wouldn't get why older gamers hate DRM so much. The MMO/F2P/Always online mouthbreathing generation has given the corporat world the green light to lock down games and take game ownership away from you and hit you with DMCA's and the rest of it just for wanting to modify shit you paid for. All because of ignorant gamers.

83. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 16:54 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:46:
People are perfectly okay with Steam DRM but come out screaming with pitchforks when anyone else implements it.

Steam trojan horsed it's way to success on the back of half-life/CS let's remember, valve infected the game with that shit and since videogamers are not within a block or two of valve HQ they got away with it. Markets only work if the buyer and seller are within a few blocks of one another, otherwise corruption and nonsense expands.

Steam got the new generation of gamers and kids who were tech illiterate. People now use steam because they don't have a choice and the DRM hating gamers are outnumbered by the mouthbreathing masses but are still a sizable market (see: Good old games).

3. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:06 Suppa7

Wow nice to see game devs true faces, but let's be frank these developers are without a publisher and now they want to "get on the money train" by using fans to fund their desire for wealth. It would be have been better to tell fans that they want DRM to sales for the sales window and patch it out then just pull this shit. I can understand where devs are coming from but people are paying.

The devs want the analytics data to see who plays elite and what their skills are so they can market it down for the masses for their next game. That's what the DRM is really for sadly besides trying to get in on the micro-transaction bandwagon.

Same thing happened with Planetary annihilation. Developers are jealous of all that stupid money from F2P and microtransactions from MMO/F2P land. I wish humanity wasn't such a race of fucking mouthbreathing retards.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2014, 14:13.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2014, 14:56 Suppa7

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 12:41:
If this was publisher-approved, why would it happen?

To keep the game in the public mind and drive ad revenue, the whole purpose of media is to shape the opinions of the public to accept the criminal abuse of the corporate world as normal by repeatedly pounding the message into the heads of readers. Since websites rely on ad revenue they just spout corporate nonsense. Original content would be highly inflamatory (aka games going public domain, the rare article on RPS) and things against DLC/DRM/MMO's and intellectual property in general.

The current gaming regime is way past criminal already. Problem is the "market" as it is taught to us can only work if 1) people are rational and 2) people are adults. 3) you're within a block or two of the company. There was enough adults to stop all this shit there can be no accountability for any company when the majority of the adult population is not located a block from where these companies are.

The vast majority of the gaming market is stupid and ignorant.

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed
17. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed Oct 29, 2014, 08:29 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 06:14:
None even remotely as grand and crazy as Valkyria Chronicles...

Did you not play alpha centauri?

http://www.gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
11. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 16:11 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:14:
Also, I've been wondering why FPS is important for a TBS game like this. I saw this and understand a bit more, even if I don't completely agree:

If you play (Civilization: Beyond Earth) for 40 hours, youíve built an enormous empire. Thereís a huge amount going on, besides just these tactical battles. We do allow you to zoom out quite far. [Ö] When you back up, you see your whole empire at once. Thatís demanding. Thatís when the performance, typically, in PC strategy games begins to go down.

The reality is Civ 5 series of games is some of the most poorly programmed civ, they are trying to hide their programming incompetence with Framerate. The long pauses between turns in the late game has everything to do with shitty programming and little to do with 3D fps performance. Since high FPS is not needed in a turn based strategy game.

The fact is games more complex than civ 5 (like AC) have turns that go at lightning speed compared to modern games. It's just bloat and fresh interns who don't know how to program worth a damn.

Only a few guys in the industry are amazing coders like the guys behind Elite. David braben and company you can tell when the man speaks he understands his shit. Man might not be the best game designer but he clearly is brilliant.

News Comments > TOXIKK Movement Trailer
6. Re: TOXIKK Movement Trailer Oct 23, 2014, 14:13 Suppa7

Fion wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:08:
Speaking of movement, in my opinion no 'arena' shooter has yet topped Quake 2 as far as movement potential.

Have to disagree with you there, Quake 3 with mods had better movement then Q2. Quake 2 is a close runner up, I'd put them about par personally. They both have their unique aspects to their movement systems. Who didn't love fighting over haste or regen in Q3, truly???

News Comments > Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion Released
3. Re: Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion Released Oct 22, 2014, 13:54 Suppa7

Desperately needs the expansion the original release was shit.  

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
9. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 13:22 Suppa7

These are cash in games trying to pump and dump the renewed interest in space games Star citizen and elite have created.

I predict many F2P space games are going to go the way of archblade.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207230/

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
70. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 21, 2014, 20:57 Suppa7

Beamer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 17:53:
.The guy you're responding to doesn't seem to understand how consoles work. It's actually kind of frightening how many people post authoritative opinions on development without ever having worked for a developer and understand the processes software goes through as it's developed, how it changes over time, and how consoles manage significantly more out of less hardware than PCs do.

Uhm you are a moron for believing this shit, PC's have been way ahead, perhaps you should go read what John carmack had to say about PC hardware here.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134829/carmack_on_rage.php

Here's JC's comment :"Because what I look back as one of the biggest mistakes I made in this generation, was at the beginning, five or six years ago, looking and saying, "Consoles are basically as good as PCs," at the time, and developing the workflow so it worked across both of them.

Looking back now, we have PCs that are an order of magnitude more powerful, and if our workflow is instead focused on explicitly on just... you build and develop on the PC, and you decimate things into a target for the consoles. There are things that I would do very differently.

And part of that stuff is, the three legs of this that we have now, is we have massive numbers of cores -- I have 24 threads on my desktop machine. Massive amounts of memory -- 24 gigs, and we can throw a lot more in. And we've got solid state drives -- you can put a half of a terabyte in there. And if I take that as the baseline of what I want all our developers to use, I will build a very different system.

My marching orders to myself here are, I want game loads of two seconds on our PC platform, so we can iterate that much faster. And right now, even with solid state drives, you're dominated by all the things that you do at loading times, so it takes this different discipline to be able to say "Everything is going to be decimated and used in relative addresses," so you just say, "Map the file, all my resources are right there, and it's done in 15 milliseconds."

You guys are retarded if you think Titanfall can't be easily run on a core 2 system + 8800 GTX considering its target platform was the xbox 360.

Who should we believe, someone who programs games for a living, or retarded anonymous gamer comments from people who don't know how computers work?

66. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 21, 2014, 16:36 Suppa7

UHD wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:08:
Calm down bro, it's just video games.

When people start trying to fake "understanding" about how computers work and pushing their little bullshit gaming lies, I get pissed and so should other people. Spreading disinformation about how computers actually work is exactly why we have the cult of steam, people believing games couldn't work without steamworks or steamworks isn't DRM (which it is).

65. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 21, 2014, 16:35 Suppa7

shihonage wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:29:
The whole "Titanfall on dual core machines" scenario is hilarious. Titanfall runs like shit on anything but very modern hardware.

You do know, you computer illiterate that Titanfall was released for the Xbox 360 which is beneath a Core 2 duo E6600 and 8800 GTX in horsepower, don't you? Your post is so full of lies and fail I'm laughing at just how much bullshit you bullshitters are spewing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 11:10 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:03:
How do you guys handle online bought but physically shipped items? For me it's a huge hassle to actually be there when the packet guy/gal is there.

Make sure you select the right shipping method, in Canada for instance if you order by the canadian post office, they have a setup with shoppers drug mart chains so they drop off the package at shoppers for you to pickup if you are not home.

I imagine there may be a similar thing in america, always look at options for shipping from different merchants.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 09:24 Suppa7

It's really about shipping costs. If the item you want + shipping is the same price as you'd buy in store then it makes sense to just get it from the store.  

60. removed Oct 21, 2014, 08:52 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 21, 2014, 18:42.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
38. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:42 Suppa7

Icewind wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:21:
Danger Dog beat me to posting that Jade comic. I remember that, and the stink it caused. Me? I laughed my butt off at it.

I'm half shocked that none of the self-righteous SJWs have used that incident in their fight. Goes to show you how much of a game industry newbie these young hipsters truly are.

That being said, Jade was okay. At least she wasn't a walking set of boobs like Stevie Case.

Stop using SJW, just call them what they are - morally twisted people. There is such a thing as real social justice (aka not pushing our grandmothers off social security, genuine poverty in the world the result of war/famine,etc).

These people are just trash trying to get attention. Good people are good despite any political label and aren't quick to judge.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
37. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:40 Suppa7

nutshell42 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:25:
AC1 was flawed in many ways but also a great game in many ways.

AC1 was balls, it had a nice world but the game elements were fundamentally broken. Remember AC1 was coming after prince of persia SoT and warrior within. The combat in AC1 was justs fucking terrible.

It's probably the most boring game ever made, AC2 is where they redeemed AC1. After that it's backslided into typical AC tropes.

48. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 18:15 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:53:
Respectfully, you make a few assumptions here that are just flat-out wrong.

Uncompressed Audio: I'm assuming you're referring to Titanfall here? Titanfall's audio was shipping uncompressed because low-end PCs can't handle compressed audio. The consoles? They have dedicated audio decoders and can decompress audio until the cows come home.

I'm sorry but you are both fucking wrong! God the tech illiteracy of the new generation of gamers astounds me. The reality is these games are pushed out unfinished and devs are giving you excuses for their unfinished games.

No PC within the last 6 years would break a sweat processing audio, audio has been cheap since Core 2 duo for fuck sakes. The idea that PC's are the ones holding gaming back is laughable.

You guys need to learn how PC's work and fast, you are eating marketing lies. Never trust anything coming out of devs/gaming press.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 04:56 Suppa7

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 04:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 01:08:
Sigh, and fucking ID Tech 5.... I hate that engine with such passion It is a really bad engine. The physics are horrible, the animations look clunky... everything seems like it's disconnected in that engine.

Oh well.... To each their own I guess.....

I don't know. I thought Wolfenstein: The New Order was pretty excellent.

Wolfenstein was the standard on a rails run and gun. The story was just balls. Reeked too much of the shit you see in call of duty, the whole "america fuck yeah" bullshit.

294 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo