Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 262 (Amateur)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Strike Vector Free Weekend
8. Re: Strike Vector Free Weekend Aug 12, 2014, 04:22 Suppa7

nin wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 08:38:
fatguy wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 16:59:
Strike Vector is a fantastic competitive multiplayer game. It's a damn shame the community is so small. This game deserves a lot more recognition than it gets.

I would have grabbed it if it had bot support. But I also understand that that's more work, especially for a small company.

They had Freespace AI to learn from and descent. There are open source games to look at the source. The reality is many game devs are juts fucking lazy. They just won't commit to finishing the god damn game. Strike vector is a great example of focusing too much on graphics and not enough on gameplay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vigil Vets Form Gunfire; Aiming at Darksiders
3. Re: Vigil Vets Form Gunfire; Aiming at Darksiders Aug 12, 2014, 04:14 Suppa7

Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 16:44:
Great news there. Darksiders 1 and especially 2, rank in my top 10 games of all time.

Darksiders 1 was good, Darksiders 2 sucked pretty bad. It was obvious towards the end especially the game was rushed.

My biggest beef with Darksiders 2 was the tonnes of wasted area and the shit enemies. The funnest part of the game was the arena. It had great art and atmosphere but the combat (as a whole when including enemies) was not challenging or very action packed. They fucked up the story so hard in DS2, let's be honest. Darksiders 2 fucked up and executed the lore/story badly.

DS1 had similar issues but not to the degree of darksiders 2. DS1 > DS2 easily in my books.

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
40. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 12, 2014, 03:55 Suppa7

Iurand wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 17:16:
Indeed. It took Bioware only 18 months to complete Dragon Age 2 and we all know how good it was. They only had proven engine and team of devs exprienced working with it and themselfs.

Stupid Chris Roberts can't conjure anything starting from scratch.

Not to mention dragon age 2 was not an action game, the physics and combat in that game is simple by comparison to any space shooter or FPS.

RPG's tend to have easy to engineer combat systems compared to real time games because the combat is mostly scripted/automated. Using RPG's as a benchmark is awful because they are one of the easiest genre's to make in terms of combat style because it's passive and non interactive 99% of the time.

News Comments > Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity
8. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 12, 2014, 02:34 Suppa7

Kobalt wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 17:35:
It's not fair to compare the netcode of a fighting game to a fps at all.

Actually it is, the argument "they are different games" means nothing because multiplayer code for OTHER fighting games long forgotten worked just fine in pre 2000' era. You just weren't aware of them. Bad game design/network code is 100% the problem in an age of broadband. There is no excuse when the modern internet is almost the equivalent of one giant lan.

Not to mention multiplayer emulation over modem/slow connections using console emulators.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2014, 04:29 Suppa7

Axis wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:37:
If I had to choose a "bias" at all, it's people who have consolitis - the disease that spread throughout the connected world spreading the untruth that the console is everything and PC gaming is dying. And now that fad is gone, we're left with some sourfaces who choose offense when it's mentioned that consoles are sub par gaming machines. And they forget that not long ago they'd pay anything even for complete garbage, another sour point.

You speak the truth, the reality is most of gaming's commenters, websites, and people behind popular shows are idiots pandering to retards.

Game quality took a nose dive when games became mainstream around 2000'ish. Consoles generally attract dumber as a rule. There was a time where deep gameplay mechanics and finished games actually existed and things weren't permanently broken with locked down games. Almost every game tries to be a movie nowadays (mass effect, call of duty, gta, assassins creed) all the big names are essentially movies wrapped in shells of gameplay.

The fact that many game commenters have a pro console bias is proof they aren't real gamers. Anyone who grew up on atari, Nintendo, Playstation, and has a brain is downright horrified at the severe quality drop in modern games and the horrible direction games went (f2P/mmo/microtransactions). All this being allowed, allows business types to rape the stupid masses silly and it spells shitty games.

When unfinished games receive universally high praise (like Asscreed 1 was).

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
10. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 13:58 Suppa7

The internet exists to make clickbait articles like this. The internet, perversely, promotes this kind of stupid shit for clicks.  

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 20:27 Suppa7

Beamer wrote on May 22, 2014, 19:04:
They can do better. We should expect our companies to do better. But, for whatever reason, while this board is very quick to make all kinds of demands that corporations do everything better, those same people are equally quick to defend them whenever it turns to race, gender or sexuality.

That's because we're talking about escapism here, we're not talking about some little old lady being pushed out of her apartment or being discriminated against. We're talking about FUCKING FICTIONAL CHARACTERS IN FICTIONAL WORLDS. Yes having more white/brown/asian/whatever models is going to change the world... Not.

People like you need to get a fucking clue, 99% of people of all colors and creeds give not one fuck about sex/race/gender in videogames. That tells you all you need to know about the race/sex/gender weirdo's on the internet broadcasting their extreme minority opinion.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 17:41 Suppa7

NKD wrote on May 22, 2014, 13:02:
But we should ask ourselves why angry white men come out of the wood work any time someone mentions race or encourages diversity.

In general, here at Blue's News any time anything regarding diversity is posted, whether it be race, gender, or sexual preference, a lot of straight white males get very angry and talk about how consideration for these things just isn't necessary and how people should just shut up about it.

They do this for good reason, people always bring their distorted political agenda's to try to fuck up one of the last bastions of entertainment that never was anything other then naked entertainment.

If someone went off about how patriarchal mario and princess in Super mario bros. was I'd punch those people in the face.

People, especially those with distorted understanding of the world (aka race, sex, gender, discrimination) and try to bring it into gaming is disgusting.

People are so stupid and poor at living in reality they fuck up reality by injecting their non reality based bullshit into our entertainment which never was anything but pure escapism.

Does anyone really believe from the NES to PS2 era that developers around the world had some kind of political agenda? Fuck no. Dev's wanted to make good games and publishers wanted to make money. That's it. Anyone who pretends videogames are more than that are morons.

Most people commenting on race,sex, discrimination, etc, are not of high enough intelligence or informed enough to even comment on the matter. Why not focus on real problems instead of first world problems(tm).

You know you have first world problems when you're focusing on things in videogames instead of you know, real atrocities and real prejudice in the world at large.

The reality is most people who complain about their distorted views in gaming don't really give a shit about such said issues or they'd focus their efforts on places and parts of the world that really mattered. Entertainment has to be the most dilletantish and moronic place to focus your energy if you want to pull mankind out of the shitter.

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
16. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 18, 2014, 03:37 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 19:30:
Meh, piss off. I'm not a computer wizz at all. I play PC games since I was 5 years old (28 now) and I'm pro enough not to fuck up my rig and fix most general issues, but I've no idea wtf an ssfn* file is. If this message would pop up for me, it would completely depend on my state of mind whether I'd obey or flag it as phishing shit.

It looks very legit to me and I don't see any typos in the screenshot. I'm Dutch. To say people who fall for this deserve it is not insulting those people, but a clear portrayal of your lack of empathy. I spit on your demeanor.

Bullshit, it doesn't take being 'a computer whiz' or a 'nerd' you're just stupid. Phishing scams are easy to detect by looking at the user interface and/or source of what it is you're looking at. In the age of google, nobody has any excuses. You can fucking go ask on a forum or look it up. You don't have to be a 'whiz' you can go ask people who know.

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
16. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 12, 2014, 18:59 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 16:02:
Although I don't consider the state of PC gaming to be all woe and dreariness, I have to wonder if the answer isn't going to depend on who is asking the question. These guys discuss how revenue is greater, but don't broach the issue of unit sales.

The PC is by var the more versatile platform, which is why it has MMOs and other kinds of games that can't easily be done on consoles. But when it comes to traditional AAA game releases consoles move more units, consoles get more exclusives, and consoles form the lowest common denominator. It's this schism that allows the panel to say that PC gaming is doing great, while at the same time allowing players to lament the lack of games for the PC.

The reality is big AAA games are just too massive and costly to produce (aka, making a good one that has depth is too hard for most devs).

This is why when game dev team sizes and costs were in the 'sweet spot' we got things like Quake 2/3, Unreal tournament, Civilization 1/2/3, Alpha centauri, etc.

Most "new games" are merely movies with a side dish of really oversimplified gameplay to cater to the reflexless masses.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 17:44 Suppa7

Slashman wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:51:
Sanctum was a 70 on metacritic with a user score of 6.7. Sanctum 2 is a 77 with a user score of 7.6. Who the hell needs facts these days?

My apologies I was looking at the xbox version of S2. Still doesn't matter, Sanctum was a shitty tower defense clone cashing in on the dumb tasteless masses. (aka if you liked it, you are one of the dumb masses).

It's part of why metacritic scores are all over the place, the masses are asses.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 10:04 Suppa7

Sanctum was such shit, the user score was 4.5. The reality was the game devs behind Goat simulator just won the attention lottery is all. They were never great at anything, they were just trying to take advantage of trends and building shitty clones to cash in on the dumb masses.

The last thing the world needed was more tower defense.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 11:47 Suppa7

gsilver wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 10:50:
Yes, too much innovation is why the hundredth iteration of Mario doesn't sell, while stuff like Papers, Please, The Stanley Parable, and Gone Home are big on the PC.

While a few mainstays sell, notice the console isn't selling. If your console isn't selling that means the majority of gamers can pass on what you're selling them. Nintendo's properties are all suffering quality drops fresh minds (kids) don't understand the quality has dropped and hence Nintendo is on life-support to some extent. The fact is they lost a huge load of all their long term customers.

The Wii was my last nintendo console because I got fed up with all the stupid mistakes Nintendo kept making.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 10:50 Suppa7

It's not that gamers are killing videogames, it's that us oldsters were abandoned. Many of us would like a REAL starfox 64 part 2, a much better metroid than Metroid : Other M, etc.

The reality is the internet is filled with lower cognitive die-hard fans that doesn't understand that for many gamers Nintendo's main games have declined severely in quality because they are too stupid to even begin to understand where many of Nintendo's main franchises are broken.

If Zelda had went more in the darksiders 1 direction towards more action oriented heroic combat with link, I would have loved it. Since I came mainly to zelda for the combat and interaction with the worlds objects (the game) and the challenge.

Games have been so dumbed down and movie-fied that they are trying to be a product for everyone and end up being a product for no-one.

I'd love to see Zelda 2 sequel for the NES rebooted in SNES style way for virtual console for instance.

i.e. a spiritual sequel to zelda 2 (sidescroller) with all the gaming knowledge that has been gained over the past 20 years. Likely to happen? Not a chance.

Gaming companies have gotten so far away from their roots by catering to people who don't get games. The internet attracts trash by the bucketload who have no clue to game quality tragically.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 15:05 Suppa7

Game industry infects games with DRM, takes away game ownership. Bout time the industry got a taste of its own medicine.  

News Comments > Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled
19. Re: Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled Mar 15, 2014, 05:01 Suppa7

Man the dpad should be a dpad, not buttons. Valve are idiots.  

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
17. removed Mar 9, 2014, 13:44 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2014, 08:25.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
15. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 10:02 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 01:16:
But it's stealing,

It's not stealing, it's making a copy. You can't 'steal' an idea, you can only make a copy of it. If I steal a car, you don't have the car. That's why it's stealing. The two things are not the same and you keep conflating the two.

14. removed Mar 9, 2014, 10:01 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2014, 08:24.

11. removed Mar 8, 2014, 21:03 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2014, 08:24.

262 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo