Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 444 (Amateur)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced
8. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced Jul 2, 2015, 08:47 Suppa7

Osc8r wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 02:47:
The games are pretty... average IMO. Nothing special, but not bad either.

The first one while buggy was good, the 2nd and 3rd fell off massively. They did find some nice voice actors for hellsing and that chick companion though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC
16. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 2, 2015, 06:11 Suppa7

Brumbek wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 13:30:
Hold up now...PC gaming means options. There is nothing wrong with being a PC gamer who uses a controller! Many games work better on controllers (brawlers, 2d platformers, Dark Souls).

Problem is those who play with the controller or whine about a controller usually are the ones feeding bad ports.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
23. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 30, 2015, 03:41 Suppa7

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 02:24:
They're lying. Their market is generally pc gamers and most pc gamers are smart enough to know how useless a steam machine is. Please, don't try to pull this marketing propaganda crap on me.

say what? Most pc gamers are just as dumb as console gamers, see: The rise of online DRm, MMO's, F2P and the like.

News Comments > People Can Fly Returns
15. Re: People Can Fly Returns Jun 24, 2015, 20:49 Suppa7

The problem with bulletstorm was the fact that it was gears of war with a really bad combo system that didn't work. Otherwise you had the gimpy gears of war momvement with a bunch of mostly boring weapons.

Shadow warrior and Hard reset were leagues above bulletstorm in terms of gameplay. I hate the gears of war cumbersome style of movement/animations. I'd give the idea of combo's to a different team that knew what they were doing.

News Comments > Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall
6. Re: Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall Jun 23, 2015, 22:07 Suppa7

I won't feed capcom or steam by buying this. SF4 was underwhelming and street fighter badly needs a new direction. They've been rehashing the same game forever.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut
19. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut Jun 23, 2015, 22:04 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 20:06:
I'm trying to figure out how that might be the case with a crowd funded game like this that had continuous input from the fans.

The vast majority of devs and gamers suck at figuring out what makes a good game. The human mind is incredibly bad at reality.

I think it was civilization 4's designer that said that there are VIP gamers that understand game design in ways most gamers don't they are able to grok game systems and why something does or doesn't work.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 21, 2015, 20:52 Suppa7

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 23:31:
Sounds like HDs are finally on the way out. I can't think of anything they can do to compete.

SSD's are still pretty darn expensive, you get 1TB for $500, you can get 4GB for between 120-150. That's still miles less expensive for 4x the data.

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
25. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 16:22 Suppa7

Infinity engine games were never that good to begin with and became popular largely because we had nothing else to play. The style of RPG like ultima underworld, eye of the beholder 2 and lands of lore stopped being produced.

I was never a big fan of ie games, they always had crap combat systems and everything was super casual. They are probably the biggest games that actually do suffer from nostalgia goggles. The D&D ruleset for ie games made the loot/combat leveling not very interesting at all.

While planescape torment bucked the trend, torment was saved by its writing/world and story.

News Comments > Desura & Indie Royale Parent Bankrupt
19. Re: Desura & Indie Royale Parent Bankrupt Jun 7, 2015, 14:10 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 15:29:
Right, if Steam were to go under the games would be unlocked. How do I know this? Simple, if it were to go under and we'd be screwed, good luck to the industry ever trying to sell digital games in the next 25 years. The industry in a whole would have to make sure it was a soft landing.

Haha you're talking about gamers, one of the dumbest demographics on the planet. People said the same thing about DRM you know that right? DRM won. We had LAN taken away in starcraft 2 and diablo 3 is always online. Two flagship properties totally locked down. Not a good idea to think your fellow gamers are intelligent.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
22. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 5, 2015, 01:13 Suppa7

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 10:07:
After Valve offered such a gamer friendly business model I don't know why people are happy to defend this nonsense.

I'm sorry to tell you but saying valve is good for you is idiotic. The guy, gabe newell and company who trojan horsed their way to billion dollar stream store via popular games like counterstrike and halflife and now most AAA game have gangrene server back ends tied into steam works so you don't really 'own' your multiplayer game so much as rent it from corporations and are totally reliant on them keeping their servers up.

Anyone who accepted MMO/F2P/steam lead to this shit, you are way too far down the river now to complain about anything. You guys gave game corporations everything they ever wanted because you are stupid as fuck. I watched dedicated servers, level editors and mod tools become locked down/gimped or totally disappear because of the mmo/drm/steam generation.

How the fuck could you pay to unlock shit in a game you don't own? Like how fucking stupid can you be. F2P is scamware and games like Dota 2 are total outliers, they are still rotten at their core. This is all in the push to change gaming culture away from ownership to perpetual serfdom.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 4, 2015, 23:44 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 20:38:
Conflict minerals? Oh please. Why am I responsible because places like the Congo have had millenia to get their shit together and still can't?

Damn man, that's a pretty sweet bonus.

Cutter you really don't know jack shit about the history of american empire.

Go read some books:

http://williamblum.org/

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jun 3, 2015, 03:05 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 02:40:
As for dedicated servers, I think you don't give gamers enough credit.

=-Rigs-=

Dude gamers are the reason steam exists, I held out for years away from steam but new kids (born yesterday) don't have any memory of gaming history and are easily taken advantage of / manipulated, not to mention many of them are dumb. Just go to reddit and see all the gabe newell bootlicking. It's pretty disgusting, esp from a man who's at the forefront of taking away our rights to own our own shit.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jun 3, 2015, 02:57 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 02:40:
, I can think of no other 'group' or industry that accepts the process of half broken products being put on the market =-Rigs-=

Uhh there's tonnes of snake oil/cheap crap that breaks that makes mega bucks. What about vanity items like fashion - expensive purses which are actually regular purses made in some foreign super low wage country but just using scientific techniques to prime people to believe nonsense, etc, Banks charging for you owning an account and knowing that switching is a royal pain in the ass for most people. You are blind to how fucked up the world really is son. Commercial capitalism is one giant clusterfuck. The reality is the market is a myth and doesn't really exist because human beings simply do not behave nor make decisions according to rational principles.

Then there's the huge bailouts of the banks and stock market in 2008. The idea that there exists some market "that punishes crap and rewards merit" is mostly a fantasy.

Alan grayson gruelling central bank employee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNVNhB-m0o

If that were true MMO's (DRM online RPG's) and F2P never would have taken off, people are much too dumb to make valid decisions and their long term consequences.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Jun 3, 2015, 01:48 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:36:
Yet we simultaneously give the practice support and shun it at the same time=-Rigs-=

"WE" don't, gamers are not a homogenous group. They are just people, and most people on are planet are fucking stupid. As for industries "collapsing". Sorry to say but it's not just the gaming masses who take it up the ass.

The vast majority of people buying games 1) are stupid 2) don't understand technology. If you asked the average gamer about dedicated servers you'd get a blank face.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2015, 20:41 Suppa7

saluk wrote on May 26, 2015, 18:25:
GoG is a heavily curated store, they "refuse" to publish many games.

Valve does the same thing, we've seen what happened with greenlight - a truckload of crap/shovelware and unfinished games. As if retail gaming wasn't bad enough.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Launches
5. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Launches May 9, 2015, 23:14 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 9, 2015, 17:37:
My thoughts exactly, although I'm sure Ironclad was less than ecstatic about their Sins of a Solar Empire sales.

That's because sins was overall an unfinished game. It tried to merge RTS with 4x. The combat was just fucking tedious and the super jacked pirate faction intervening in the game was just a big wtf.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2015, 01:02 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on May 4, 2015, 18:55:
I feel like the only gamer in the world with this opinion right now but fuck it: I think the GTAV singleplayer campaign was just crap.

I've never really been a GTA fan, since the beginning. Just felt like one of those "meh" genre smash ups. When red faction guerilla and Saints row copied the "open world" crap started with gta. These big "open worlds" just feel like giant maps with collections of mini games.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 4, 2015, 17:33 Suppa7

NewMaxx wrote on May 4, 2015, 12:40:
Maintaining a certain level of play and people expecting you to always be that good really wore me down. It got to the point (pretty rapidly, I might add) that I wasn't enjoying those games anymore and that to me seemed pretty stupid.

Yup I got to the same point back in the quakeclan/ladder days, you get to the top and then you get people either 1) cheating. or 2) playing a lot just to trade almost draws every other game.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed May 2, 2015, 23:35 Suppa7

sdgundamx wrote on May 1, 2015, 21:16:
But it works both ways. Sometimes you get total dicks in charge who think they're God's gift to game design and refuse to change anything even as the team throws up red flags.

Indeed the mass effect 3 ending and ME3 overall demonstrates the point well.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Forbes's Article Is An Intellectual Disaster Apr 27, 2015, 15:52 Suppa7

The KillSmith wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 09:30:
Valve is trying to blur the lines between what we currently know as standard roles like the community (players or content creators), developers, publishers, etc. They want to create an ecosystem where middlemen are dissolved or have low impact and anyone that adds perceived value can be immediately compensated for it and perhaps make a living out of it without jumping through hoops created by a massively broken publisher driven system that, in the end, all revolves around investment money and guys that don't give two $h!75 about games.

I'm sorry but this is just nonsense. We had for profit driven companies on the stock market that released better product 10+ years ago during the 90's. Interplay released all sorts of cool and interesting games without any online DRM crapware. Gabe helped massively to normalize always online DRM. He and the entire game industry is corrupt.

Developers are partly to blame for being unable or unwilling to work together to roll their own publishing business. The reality is game many developers don't want the risk of being independent which is why they sell out.

Remember microsoft's management was jealous of gabe's "Software as a service" that he saw the videogame industry getting away with on app stores and in the mmo space.

Other companies inspired by software/digital drm

444 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo