Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 456 (Amateur)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Turns Five
11. Re: StarCraft II Turns Five Jul 28, 2015, 13:35 Suppa7

shihonage wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 07:02:
Starcraft did right by Starcraft. It did remove a lot of SC UI limitations, even if we take them for granted now.

The problem with SC2 is that the original team that did SC1 was not behind SC2. SC2 feels like a bunch of newbie developers who are too far removed from the spirit of the original games.

This is so apparent in the story, the story doesn't feel like a continuation of SC1/bw's story, it comes off as a total alternate universe really bad fanfic story.

If it weren't for world of warcrafts success we wouldn't have had to wait 12 years for SC2, that 12 year gap was what really killed it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month
7. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month Jul 24, 2015, 16:39 Suppa7

Fion wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:52:
I just recently picked up Dragonfall, I've played a bit but other games have kinda superseeded it, like GTA 5 and Witcher 3.

I'm sorry but if you believe this, you are not the audience for this game.

You strike me as a movie gamer (aka psuedo gamer) if it's not realistic like a hollywood movie, you balk. You've been raised on this pseudo-game bullshit your entire life. If anything GTA 5 and TW3 are the ultimate pseudo-games. Where in the game is more movie then game.

While Shadowrun was a bit dumbed down they did a decent job with the directors cut given the limited resources they had. It's high time we got back to systems of game mechanics instead of film industry dick sucking modern AAA devs and publishers do.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2015, 16:45.

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
82. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 22, 2015, 16:49 Suppa7

BobBob wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 22:11:
Of course, what usually supports the evolution and mass production of an invention is based on an investor's financial gain and striving to competie with other products, but it doesn't make it any less beneficial to humanity in the long run. Otherwise, you wouldn't be using Internet, computers, driving a car, and the list goes on.

I'm sorry to tell you, but everything you believe was the result of free market competition was actually the result of massive subsidies to the military industrial complex. The internet came out of research that was massively funded by the government.

Free market fantasists and corporate pr lackeys like to fetishize competitive capitalism but where the rubber meets the road is reality - aka massive state intervention in the economy. They know people like you are not very bright and don't do any research and just gobble up mindless pablum you were taught by the media/educational institutions.

Your comment shows how historically ignorant you are of what actually happens like you've never looked into the matter seriously.

News Comments > GTA Online Bonuses
5. Re: GTA Online Bonuses Jul 21, 2015, 08:44 Suppa7

Rhett wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 22:40:
Most people don't do anything, which makes me question why they're even online. 90% of people don't respond to chat.

Thats because most people don't want the forced online component, they'd happily play quick games on dedicated servers but due to the nature of always online DRM we get bullshit. No thanks to the retards that fed this crap over the last 10+ year beginning with mmo's (DRM'd rpgs).

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
42. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 17, 2015, 19:19 Suppa7

Spektr wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 18:51:
Jee I tried the Shadow warrior redux and it looks goddamn awful. Was it developed by colorblind people?
Anyway I think they should hand it to volition. Duke Nukem's tone is very close to the Saints Row games.

If you are talking about this shaddow warrior:

Shadow warrior

Then you are clueless. It was one of the best FPS games in the last 10 years, it had some weaknesses like weapons and some levels got long in the tooth and the bosses were meh. But over-all it was a good experience.

Same goes for hard reset with the extended edition.

News Comments > Legacy of the Void This Winter; New StarCraft HotS Hero Revealed
7. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void This Winter; New StarCraft HotS H Jul 17, 2015, 19:14 Suppa7

Wildone wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 18:27:
I thought this was done in like 1997?!? Still goin!?!?!?

World of warcraft happened so it took over 10 years to finally get starcraft 2 and it ended up being the same old shit. At the time starcraft was released blizzard was on the cutting edge, starcraft 2 ended up being made for korea/e-sports tards. Not that I have any faith in the new team, but the old team would have done a lot of new things with RTS instead of a totally by the numbers - walking on eggshells stuff we got with SC2.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 16, 2015, 12:46 Suppa7

LittleMe wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 11:28:
It's a low paying opportunity but maybe for some people that is perfectly fine. There are people who need experience much more than income. NZ loses.

China is becoming hugely rich by underpaying their workers. It's hard work and exploitative yes but over time people do get richer and more experienced. Same thing happened in the US a hundred years ago. You've got to start somewhere.

Except you show that you are the average american and don't know anything.

Who rules america?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2015, 02:06 Suppa7

nin wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 17:55:
Slashman wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 15:40:
nin wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 13:15:
Nice bump for Terraria. Looking forward to trying Styx albeit on the ps4, as it's free there in July.

So you're basically a low-down, rotten traitor to the PC master race is what you're saying... Police

I think the whole PCMR sucks ass, frankly. I go where the fun games are, and don't limit myself to one platform.

Sorry to say but consoles used to be equal or par to pc but the the general dumbness and idiocy of the masses dumbed down gaming (aka no more alpha centauri for you!).

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 10:29 Suppa7

dsmart wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 08:15:
And just two years ago, people were still concerned about that Freelance flap. How soon we forget.

It's not that we forget it's that most gamers don't keep up on industry news. They don't follow who makes their games or the names behind them to a large extent. Remember roberts is riding on his earlier games, not freelancer. He's riding on wing commander series he was involved in.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Vector Thrust
6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Vector Thrust Jul 4, 2015, 15:13 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 21:57:
The last Ace Combat game was pretty snazzy. Played nice and was rather beautiful graphics-wise. More arcadey but not nearly as bad as that god awful filth, HAWX. Just something about HAWX kicked me completely out of it every time...

=-Rigs-=

The problem with HAWX was it was just so phoned in. AKA low effort, there was obvious skill behind it but whoever was managing the project was clueless.

The whole world/story was just a big random wtf.

News Comments > Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced
9. Re: Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced Jul 4, 2015, 15:11 Suppa7

Brumbek wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 16:22:
I just can't understand the Tales series. I've tried them over the years, and I found them all very generic with melodramatic dialogue and bad voice acting. Does anyone here like them? I'm curious what keeps people interested in them...

The only decent one was syphonia, they cater to a younger crowd. That's why. Lets remember that the tales series goes back decades to when most gamers today were kids/young adults.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 3, 2015, 10:46 Suppa7

LOL coming from the people responsible for retconning so much story in mass effect 2 then mass effect 3 was just a big wtf over all. That forced intro cutscene at the start makes replaying it not enticing. Whereas I've replayed mass effect 2 a few.  

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced
8. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced Jul 2, 2015, 08:47 Suppa7

Osc8r wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 02:47:
The games are pretty... average IMO. Nothing special, but not bad either.

The first one while buggy was good, the 2nd and 3rd fell off massively. They did find some nice voice actors for hellsing and that chick companion though.

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC
16. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 2, 2015, 06:11 Suppa7

Brumbek wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 13:30:
Hold up now...PC gaming means options. There is nothing wrong with being a PC gamer who uses a controller! Many games work better on controllers (brawlers, 2d platformers, Dark Souls).

Problem is those who play with the controller or whine about a controller usually are the ones feeding bad ports.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
23. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 30, 2015, 03:41 Suppa7

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 02:24:
They're lying. Their market is generally pc gamers and most pc gamers are smart enough to know how useless a steam machine is. Please, don't try to pull this marketing propaganda crap on me.

say what? Most pc gamers are just as dumb as console gamers, see: The rise of online DRm, MMO's, F2P and the like.

News Comments > People Can Fly Returns
15. Re: People Can Fly Returns Jun 24, 2015, 20:49 Suppa7

The problem with bulletstorm was the fact that it was gears of war with a really bad combo system that didn't work. Otherwise you had the gimpy gears of war momvement with a bunch of mostly boring weapons.

Shadow warrior and Hard reset were leagues above bulletstorm in terms of gameplay. I hate the gears of war cumbersome style of movement/animations. I'd give the idea of combo's to a different team that knew what they were doing.

News Comments > Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall
6. Re: Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall Jun 23, 2015, 22:07 Suppa7

I won't feed capcom or steam by buying this. SF4 was underwhelming and street fighter badly needs a new direction. They've been rehashing the same game forever.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut
19. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut Jun 23, 2015, 22:04 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 20:06:
I'm trying to figure out how that might be the case with a crowd funded game like this that had continuous input from the fans.

The vast majority of devs and gamers suck at figuring out what makes a good game. The human mind is incredibly bad at reality.

I think it was civilization 4's designer that said that there are VIP gamers that understand game design in ways most gamers don't they are able to grok game systems and why something does or doesn't work.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 21, 2015, 20:52 Suppa7

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 23:31:
Sounds like HDs are finally on the way out. I can't think of anything they can do to compete.

SSD's are still pretty darn expensive, you get 1TB for $500, you can get 4GB for between 120-150. That's still miles less expensive for 4x the data.

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
25. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 16:22 Suppa7

Infinity engine games were never that good to begin with and became popular largely because we had nothing else to play. The style of RPG like ultima underworld, eye of the beholder 2 and lands of lore stopped being produced.

I was never a big fan of ie games, they always had crap combat systems and everything was super casual. They are probably the biggest games that actually do suffer from nostalgia goggles. The D&D ruleset for ie games made the loot/combat leveling not very interesting at all.

While planescape torment bucked the trend, torment was saved by its writing/world and story.

456 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo