Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 423 (Amateur)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 26, 2015, 16:35 Suppa7

Sepharo wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 16:15:
These Forbes blog things lend a bit of authority/professionalism where they shouldn't. Just some blogger dude. Not a real "Forbes" article.

Forbes is trying to appeal to a certain demographic, aka having it both ways. The real forbes is highly for the removal of public rights to own anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
15. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 25, 2015, 19:00 Suppa7

Zarkov wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 13:48:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it should be possible (or even legal) to ban players / remove accounts for exploiting a bug in a game,

I'm sorry but all you gamers asked for this shit by enabling mmos/steam/always online DRM.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
40. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 23, 2015, 10:53 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 07:51:
What a giant non sequitur, this. With that logic you're basically saying FPS games have better combat than (C)RPG games, while you obviously shouldn't compare the two this way. You better stop talking now before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

It isn't a non sequitor, the RPG crowd was always infested with the shittest kind of gamer, the kind of gamer that enabled early MMO - DRM'd games. So yes the RPG players tend to be the bottom feeders amongst gamers everywhere. They are the kind of gamer that's HUGE on story little on the gaming aspect. AKA combat systems in RPG's started to go south when stories became prominent.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 23, 2015, 10:49 Suppa7

hmm.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
20. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 07:24 Suppa7

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 06:13:
Appreciate Dota but even back when it was a WC3 mod I felt like it was impossible to figure out all of the item combos.

That was part of the fun, most items were redundant or variations on a theme in ye old days. The item differences were mostly cosmetic and gave the illusion of depth/complexity, real depth is hard.

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 21, 2015, 07:20 Suppa7

InBlack wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 02:38:
Suppa7 wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 01:39:
The combat and leveling system of Infinity engine type games was always shit. So people who liked those old games really liked crap gameplay with moderate to decent stories.

Quoted for Extreme Stupidity.

If we go by sales numbers my comment stands. Infinity engine games are casual RPGS. They got nothing on early PC RPG's or console RPG's for that matter. RPG players tend to be the worst amongst gaming at videogames generally. aka thats why most RPG's today are giant movies. This trend was started back in the infinity engine era, you could say IE RPG's were one of the first 'story based RPG games' before cinematic gaming became a big thing.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 01:39 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 20:13:
At the same time, DRM-free PoE is probably getting freeloaded left, right and center so it's falling fast off the charts.

PoE is a clone of an ancient RPG few modern gamers know about. PC RPG's like infinity engine games are pretty niche all around. Path of exile and torchlight 2 do better numbers for a reason.

The combat and leveling system of Infinity engine type games was always shit. So people who liked those old games really liked crap gameplay with moderate to decent stories.

Not to mention people who are buying PoE are getting it off GOG.COM or some other website besides steam. There's no reason to buy a DRM free game on steam. So the steam numbers are skewed to only those who use steam for gaming.

News Comments > New Mass Effect Details?
12. Re: New Mass Effect Details? Apr 19, 2015, 05:19 Suppa7

WaltC wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 22:14:
I'd dearly love to see someone come along with a graphically renovated, up-to-date version of StarFlight. Taking wormholes to distant star systems (or just traveling there while consuming a lot more fuel), mapping solar systems, orbiting planets and then scanning them for life and/or mineral deposits, landing and then taking an ATV out to look at the alien scenery in person--to start mining operations and capturing and/or battling the native lifeforms...;) I'm constantly surprised year after year that nobody's done that yet. The possibilities are endless...!

Those games already exist, freelancer and eve fit the bill and the way they are usually implemented is boring as fuck. That's why fast action shoot the aliens /w action movie special effects works.

News Comments > EA Ending BF Heroes and Other F2P Games
2. Re: EA Ending BF Heroes and Other F2P Games Apr 15, 2015, 23:04 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 21:59:
I had completely forgotten that BF Heroes even existed...

Too many games for all the f2p games to survive.

50. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 17:40 Suppa7

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 08:54:
I look at this list and see so many crap games. What is wrong with the gaming public???

Generational turn over on a world wide scale. The influx of new kids with no gaming history. AKA first generations gamers have been pushed out by a new wave of kids who have no memory of gamings past.

AKA there is a sucker born every minute. Steam turned gaming into modern television. So you see the poor taste of the ignorant masses reflected on steam.

The last 15 years have been about the "mainstreaming" of gaming, every game is dumbed down to get the largest audience.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
21. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 15:55 Suppa7

Krovven wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 07:46:
So which part exactly was exactly what Suppa said? So far I see none of what he said to be remotely factual.

Many developers renegged on their promises or are using marketing + spin. For instance Planetary annihilation had their whole game logic running through a back end DRM server when released, the outcry forced them to release a non-DRM'd version. You can go look at the review scores and the flood of complaints.

Star citizen has always been flirting with MMO/F2P and we know the game industry today is generally a pit of vipers and criminals with how badly they take advantage of the tech illiterate masses.

You're either 1) young or 2) stupid. The last 15+ years of gaming have been a downhill slide for gaming getting dumber and more exploitive.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 00:38 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 19:20:
Must be pretty frustrating for the WingMan to see Star Citizen easily generate a million or more in a weekend of concept ship sale while he's struggling to make about half that in 30 days.

He had bad marketing in his KS, the new kickstarter video he released made the donations skyrocket.

Here's the vid for you all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko8EOVfY26k

It's all about marketing. He fucked up his campaign is what happened. He was just too clueless about old gamers.

Generally people who played descent

1) hate drm
2) hate f2p
3) hate microtransactions

He announced all of that at the start with his game and it comes off as fucking clueless cash grab. He fucked himself in the beginning, he may barely pull through with that last vid.

News Comments > Age of Empires II Expansion Plans
4. Re: Age of Empires II Expansion Plans Apr 9, 2015, 17:10 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 14:14:
So Microsoft's idea of supporting Windows PC gamers is to cheat them out of modern games like Tomb Raider via (at least timed) exclusivity deals and rip them off via DLC for their decade old games. Now that's nice.

You're under the dangerous idea that they care, the ignorant portion of humanity taught them most people are just fucking stupid. MMO's, DRM, steam. They see all that and see that the younger generation that didn't grow up during the 90's has no memory of the past, hence they can be abused because they've never known anything else.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Press Release
6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Press Release Apr 8, 2015, 22:13 Suppa7

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 21:32:
TangledThorns wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:02:
Great trailer. DX:HR is one of my favorite games of all time but I hope this new game won't be delayed as well.

Release Date will be announced at a later date.

When exactly does it matter if there is no date?

It's kind of crappy to announce a game if the release date is not soon after.

News Comments > More on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Today
19. Re: More on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Today Apr 8, 2015, 15:15 Suppa7

MDB wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 13:36:
Withholding judgment until I actually experience it first hand, but it feels that the franchise theme is veering rather far away from its "conspiracy" origins and turning into some kind of exploration of the sociology of transhumanism instead. Not sure how I feel about this -- a lot of what made the original game work (for me at least) was that many of the ideas were grounded on popular conceptions of reality.

More black helicopters and less retractable elbow knives, please.

Tragically it's just easier to do "how will humanity react to cyborgization and bioenhancement" type theme then anything else.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
37. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 01:28 Suppa7

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 23:17:
I love how things like waist high cover, linear pathing and boss fights are somehow console-centric

Man you must be an idiot, games started being designed like that on console because the game playing masses have poor reflexes (aka bad at videogames). That's why all first person shooters were dumbed down and shooter game designs like Quake and unreal were ignored.

The plebes can't handle complexity that's the whole point of regenerating shields in halo and cover based shooting in Gears of war. So yes it's all about dumbing down which happened because the console masses suck at games.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
13. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 15:24 Suppa7

Darks wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:52:
Why would anyone spend 20 dollars to buy a token, when you can spend 15 dollars for 30 days of game time?

Because people are fucking stupid. The whole concept of MMO's and F2P was stupid to begin with, pay to play an onlined DRM game you never fucking own monthly. The whole model is by the criminals corporations for the stupid masses of mankind.

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
11. removed Apr 5, 2015, 01:44 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 5, 2015, 10:35.

News Comments > Skyforge Open Beta This Summer
4. Re: Skyforge Open Beta This Summer Apr 2, 2015, 20:41 Suppa7

Simon Says wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:43:
Couldn't find a single good MMORPG set in the fantasy theme yet in all the choices out there. Its kind of depressing.

You should check out Neverwinter. The combat is not deep but it's not anywhere near as bad as most MMO's. I found the game tolerable enough to go through most of the content.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III Next Month
5. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III Next Month Apr 2, 2015, 13:10 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:50:
Was designed from the beginning to have 3 parts.

It's too bad the quality is lacking.

423 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo