Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SomeNewKid

Real Name SomeNewKid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SomeNewKid
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2012, 23:50
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 57307

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

PC Gaming > Rage worth playing?
2. Re: Rage worth playing? Sep 18, 2012, 11:26 SomeNewKid

I was deeply disappointed by RAGE, and I would not recommend it to anyone. I do not think RAGE is a bad game, but nor is it a good game. It is merely mediocre.

I do not intend to buy any sequel to RAGE, except at a significantly discounted price. I would also be very wary of buying any game that uses the RAGE engine.

So I would agree with you that RAGE is not really worth playing on a PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Quest 2 Remake
18. Re: Space Quest 2 Remake Jan 24, 2012, 09:11 SomeNewKid

Dev wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 05:42:
Ugh I think I may have changed the folder too. I hate installer problems like that.

BTW, the devs are quite active on their forums, that may be the best way to alert them to this.

Yes, I have already added a thread to the Infamous Adventures forums (http://www.infamous-adventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=5209.0). Indeed, the admins were very quick to respond.

If I were you, I would not uninstall SQ2 and would keep an eye on the above Infamous Adventures thread.

16. Re: Space Quest 2 Remake Jan 23, 2012, 19:53 SomeNewKid

nin wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 19:16:
Where did you install it to? I don't see any mention of it in the SQ2 forums on their site, so your issue may be unique. I'd shoot them a mail if I were you...

I installed the game to "\Program Files\Space Quest 2" rather than the default of "\Program Files\Infamous Adventures\Space Quest 2". Even though the installation directory is slightly different, it is still within the expected \Program Files directory, and the installer should record the installation directory.

I know that uninstallers will often remove 'shared' files that were added to other directories, but I could see the uninstaller deleting files that could not possibly be utilized by Space Quest 2, including Left 4 Dead 2 files, Visual Studio files, Adobe Creative Suite files, and others that I've forgotten in my panic.

I was hesitant to post the warning because, as you noted, it may be unique to my computer's configuration. However, the sheer number of "other" files that were deleted was enough to prompt my warning. Moreover, no casual game is worth the risk of corrupting applications like Visual Studio and Adobe Creative Suite. I will indeed send Infamous Adventures an email about my experience.

14. Re: Space Quest 2 Remake Jan 23, 2012, 19:01 SomeNewKid

WARNING!!!

Using the Space Quest 2 Uninstall utility will delete other program files!!!! The Uninstaller lists the files that are being deleted, and I watched in horror as Adobe, Microsoft, Steam, and other files were deleted. It was not just unused shared files that were deleted--I noticed that Steam data files for Left 4 Dead 2 were listed as being deleted. Sure enough, L4D2 is now corrupt and cannot be launched.

I don't like being Chicken Little in my first ever post to Blues News, but the SQ2 uninstaller is so damaging that I felt compelled to warn others.

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo