Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chickenboo

Real Name chickenboo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2012, 18:37
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 57305

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
83. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 11, 2014, 16:07 chickenboo

I know, right? I feel bad for the developers having to obey their idiot producers and higher-ups wanting sales "Now Godammit!" when there's all sorts of bugs and problems and ugly UIs that need fixing. Hence why I haven't picked it up yet, Skyrim stung me once already on release with that terrible, horrible, no good base UI. That and the tactical camera, when those are fixed, I'll buy it. I'm a patient type and the August Steam Sale set me up with enough gaming goodness that I could wait six months for all I care...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
42. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 11, 2014, 16:03 chickenboo

Glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying Hard setting. It's refreshing to be issued a challenge in a game, rather than plowing over enemies that don't shoot back, etc. And yes, my play through has been a lot of trial and error, and has included a LOT of hiding my face when the Alien rips the door off the locker I was hiding in. But it's still quite fun, and I'm going to try Nightmare mode after I finish Hard. I haven't completed one play through yet, however...
I think half ammo for the flamethrower would be a good change, and possibly the chance of misfire, say, 30%, so I'm less inclined to just walk the halls, while simply warding away Mr.Annoying Stalker with the flamer when he comes near. Or perhaps certain rooms have mild gas leaks which would prevent the use of weapons, so I'm really forced to sneak and hide.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 15:06 chickenboo

I just learned about Brutal Doom a few weeks ago! It's an absolute blast to play, I love the "fatalities", the death animations, all of the enemies are far more deadly, the pseudo-3d improvements, the Duke3d kick and the F-key. Great mod!  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 4, 2014, 12:55 chickenboo

Completely agree. What the author failed to mention explicitly is that when copyright expires, the original owners still have the right to sell their work - but now everyone else does, too. Copyright expiry simply removes the right to monopoly of the work. Now the original owner sells his item at competitive prices with the rest of the people selling it. 20, 30 years of monopoly rights is plenty of time. Heck, I would even argue it should be shorter, but I don't create anything for sale, so...  

News Comments > Ads in Titan?
37. Re: Ads in Titan? Jan 24, 2012, 12:44 chickenboo

"...enhances the gameplay experience."
I love this. How do ads enhance gameplay? Why would I enjoy looking at an advertisement inside a game? This is a moneygrab plain and simple.

In-game advertisements, the proliferation of Play2Win models, data farming at every opportunity, endless hype to deliver a mediocre product... video games have fallen so far from how I knew them as a child and a teen. Maybe it's time to move on to rock climbing or something.

News Comments > Diablo III Systems Changes
2. Re: Diablo III Systems Changes Jan 19, 2012, 13:40 chickenboo

So disinterested in this game. Can we have a new franchise, PLEASE??  

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo