Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for lurkerator

Real Name lurkerator   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname lurkerator
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 12, 2012, 00:35
Total Comments 2 (Suspect)
User ID 57296

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
273. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 12, 2012, 07:51 lurkerator

I see you ignored the ISP and developer issues, which are very much legit concerns. What you claim are hardware requirements aren't really; they are service requirements. Also, the comparison with the shotgun in the game is a flawed analogy as not using the shotgun is a choice, being unable to use Blizzard's [very much not needed] service is not.

Could you please explain to me how being unable to use their service, thus preventing me from playing the game, is acceptable?

Also, I'm not picturing a world in the way you claim, I'm pointing out valid concerns about poor game design.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
268. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 11, 2012, 20:02 lurkerator

I usually lurk, but this is just too much.

Peeeling wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 18:00:
Prez wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 12:23:
The only strawmen in this discussion are the pitiful ones you are building to avoid addressing the obvious point: there is no defensible reason to require constant online connectivity.

...to a game designed and balanced to be played in connection with others? Hmm.

It's clearly not an MMO-game, and they've stated several times that the game can be played solo.

How does forcing connectivity help me if I can't play online, in a place with bad (or no) Internet connection?

Or if the world servers are down?

Or if I'm over my bandwidth quota?

Or if my/their ISP is having problems?

Or if I can't access my Battle.net account for whatever reason?

This all especially if I don't want to play with other people, but I still want to play the game solo, and without using any fancy auction houses or whatever. I want to beat the game alone, and where I do that should not matter. Forcing online play for single player will always be plain wrong. If I want to store my single player characters online, I don't have to be online all the time for that. I should just be able to synchronize them later, whenever I please.

Also, no "offline" LAN play? That's wrong as well. If someone wants to play in a LAN with friends and the above mentioned problems arise, they can't play. For no good reason.

Yeah, great "design"...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo