Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordhaus

Real Name Mordhaus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2012, 06:23
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 57294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
46. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 31, 2016, 11:44 Mordhaus

El Pit wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 11:38:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 10:59:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 00:45:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 14:29:
Is it me or is Star Citizen the Donald Trump of gaming?

Worse. Star Citizen is the Charles Manson of gaming. Cult-like and bat-shit crazy.
lol -- you sir have won the Internet for the day. Congratulations.

Roman Polanski to his wife: And stay away from anybody who calls himself Chris Roberts. This guy is DANGEROUS. I know what I'm talking about.

Or, to put it in other words: I'm not sure it's appropriate to compare the guy behind some very cruel murders to a blown out of proportion computer game. And this is coming from somebody who for sure is not really politically correct, guys.

But Chris Roberts murdered my dreams...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
16. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 15:53 Mordhaus

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 14:29:
Is it me or is Star Citizen the Donald Trump of gaming?

More like the Bernie Madoff.

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
25. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 06:43 Mordhaus

Can you say "We need new bodies to drain dry?"

I knew you could.

You see, they've lost all the people who got tired of the lies, design changes versus kickstarter promises, and the repeated delays. I know that I am extremely happy I got 85% of my money back (Yes, they charged me a restocking fee on a virtual unfinished product when I asked for my refund early on. Although my main gripe was the decision to move from the promised dogfighting in space type flight model to full on physics.)

They've also drained most of the whales to the dregs, you can only spend so much for virtual ships after all. I am positive that they will still have the rabid defenders on their side, though; even if you consider the moves they've made since last year to bring in more money, like extremely expensive new ships and splitting the games (want to bet now that the FPS portion gets split also?).

Depending on how much new cash flow this move brings in, I suspect that we see the repeat of Freelancer by the end of 2016 or start of 2017. Chris sells RSI to a major player, stays on until the bare minimum of promised content is complete, and then ditches making games again for a few years.

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
17. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 26, 2016, 07:43 Mordhaus

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 23:53:
Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:45:
Quboid wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:00:
Wait, in response to criticism he has pulled his game from sale, allowed all refunds, and will release a fixed version of the game for free? That's stupidly generous.

I don't care about Five Nights much and I've felt that the releases were quick to cash in on a fad but that doesn't mean rushed or unfinished as they weren't big games with big prices.

That's necessary, not generous.

In today's world... it's God-Like.

Spot on! QFT

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
16. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 26, 2016, 07:42 Mordhaus

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 20:25:
Parias wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 19:18:
Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:45:
That's necessary, not generous.

Even releasing the game for free afterwards?

That's just compensation for releasing a shoddy product to begin with. Christ, you people really think consumers just deserve to be fucked over any which way they can, don't you?

Of course not, but if you have ever played any PC game you know that every PC game has some type of issue. Some have very few, some have tons, and your average since online downloads became a thing many years ago is somewhere in the middle of those spectrums.

Ever since games moved to releasing the game and then patching, it has gotten worse, and companies generally don't give a flying fuck. Only in indie developers do you see this general attitude of "the customer is always right."

Hell, I remember my first horrid game breaking error from a AAA title, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within on the Xbox. I played the game for hours, but it had a glitch that could happen early on that affected your final boss fight. If you got the glitch, that was your ass, game over, no boss fight, no ending. The last word on the subject?

Official UBI response as of 2007

This is a problem with saving at the previous Sand Portal and the rewind function. If you don't use the rewind function between the previous cutscene and 'after' you have activated the portal, this problem can be avoided. If you don't have an older save you can try, then you may have to start the game over from the beginning.

No patch was ever released, no refunds were given, and Ubisoft basically told ever single customer to (can't help myself) go pound sand. The game industry hasn't gotten better since 2004 and that error, it's worse.

So, for an indie dev that actually has sold a ton of games and could probably weather one bad one, to come out and give this level of Mea Culpa is something that should be lauded. Not given backhanded derision and snarky comments.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 18, 2016, 22:31 Mordhaus

did the 35 one, something like 20 ish in usd  

News Comments > Keep Your Free CONSORTIUM
9. Re: Keep Your Free CONSORTIUM Jan 17, 2016, 23:54 Mordhaus

Acleacius wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 23:42:
Wonder if there is anyway to send them a donation, if we like it. Seems they could have just put them on sale for $1.99 - $2.49 in conjunction with the free weekend demo.

Slashman wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 22:15:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 19:06:
Slashman wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 18:50:
That was more than decent of them. Now someone find me time to play it! Its been in my Steam library forever!!
No problem, just convince your employer to let you work four 10 hour days instead of five 8 hour days. BAM! Free day every week.

Yeah I'm sure my boss would be really understanding of my needs to get my gaming library all caught up...
Not to mention the sheer exhaustion caused by 10 hour days, followed by 10 hour days of gaming! Zombie

I plan on donating to their sequel kickstarter tomorrow as a donation. I hadn't planned on it prior to this, didn't even really have the first game on my short list, but they deserve a good start on their second for doing something like this.

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
51. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 23:49 Mordhaus

Updates or not, unless you have enterprise win10, you cannot stop all elements of data mining.

"Speaking to PC World, Microsoft Corporate Vice President Joe Belfiore explained that Windows 10 is constantly tracking how it operates and how you are using it and sending that information back to Microsoft by default. More importantly he also confirmed that, despite offering some options to turn elements of tracking off, core data collection simply cannot be stopped."

45. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 21:36 Mordhaus

Here is the thing which the M$ people on this thread can't seem to grasp, unless you are running enterprise edition, you are getting some type of shit added to your system that you cannot disable. At least not without modding the OS every time they release an update.

By default Windows 10 Home is allowed to control your bandwidth usage, install any software it wants whenever it wants (without providing detailed information on what these updates do), display ads in the Start Menu (currently it has been limited to app advertisements), send your hardware details and any changes you make to Microsoft and even log your browser history and keystrokes which the Windows End User Licence Agreement (EULA) states you allow Microsoft to use for analysis. (Forbes)

Sophisticated users can disable most of these except forced updates, but per Microsoft, even if you go in with hacks, the background data collection CANNOT be disabled.

Windows 10 Pro allows you to turn off auto-updating permanently, but the background data collection still cannot be disabled.

Enterprise removes both of these issues, but try getting your hands on a copy of it if you are an average user.

This is on top of Microsoft blatantly lying and reversing course more than a couple of times when confronted about forced ads and data collection. They even said they removed it, but simply changed the name of the service.

So, to sum up, Microsoft is doing everything they can (including moving the auto update to Win 10 to Recommended in WU soon) to force people to upgrade to a OS that has built in pop up add support and data mining. They remove that from the paid Enterprise version, but if you are getting the (currently) free version, you can go fuck yourself as far as they are concerned.

Btw, if you are one of those people who think that they won't start charging for Windows 10 updates once the bulk of the user base is on it, I would like to sell you a ski lodge in Texas.

Fortunately there isn't a game yet that truly requires the new processors so gamers can get by for now. I suspect they will go after Nvidia next to force new graphic cards to require Win10, but I hope that these changes get the fire lit back under Valve to fully migrate game support to Linux quickly. If not, I'll resist upgrading until I absolutely have to and then I'll dual boot.

12. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 13:32 Mordhaus

Meh, if I have to run Linux, so be it.  

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
53. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 16:47 Mordhaus

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 08:13:
Mordhaus wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 06:55:
The games they still allow on Steam are only there because they came out prior to Origin. As far as the logic of not sharing with Steam, why doesn't EA sell new AAA games on GOG or any other service?

OMG you're really a bit new to all this aren't you? How many big publishers do you know that sell new AAA games on GOG?
See. This is nothing specific to EA. No big publisher does it because they all want to have some kind of DRM safety net at least for the first year or couple of years.

There was a kerfuffle over DLC with Ubisoft as well, yet they made changes to still allow their games to be sold on Steam and elsewhere. EA can claim whatever they like, but the creation of Origin was not simply to avoid DLC purchasing issues. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Well, you can either follow the article I linked to and get the (undisputed by Valve) story straight from the horse's mouth and the parties involved or keep making up your own bullshit. The choice is yours, of course.
Me, I live in the real world, I read the article(s), and I know that Valve basically kicked EA out because EA refused to remove the possibility to purchase DLC from links/buttons within their games (thus bypassing Steam). This was in violation to Valve's TOS and so EA had to go.

By the way for quick clarification we are talking about two separate issues here: 1) Why EA had to remove many of their games from Steam and 2) Why EA created the Origin storefront. There is no direct correlation between the two. The Origin store is a logical step after EA already had that (pretty awful) EA downloader as a precursor to Origin.

However, now that they have Origin up, running and being successful, well, as I said, why should they change things and voluntarily give up 30% of every sale? They are making the vast majority of their revenue on consoles still (80%+). The PC business is niche already so they might as well maximize the profit margin on that end and sack 100% on each sale of their own games. Simple.

Finally, why should EA be forced to sell their games on other services when specifically Valve is selling their own shit on Steam only? EA is actually more open than Valve because you can purchase many older EA games on GOG. Good luck finding a single Valve game on GOG or anywhere else.
So why the fuck is EA bad for selling only MANY of their games on Origin and why is Valve the pinnacle of awesomeness when they are exclusively selling ALL of their games on Steam only? How does that make any sense to anyone other than complete mouthbreathing Valve fantards?

I never said anything about Steam being the only storefront people should support. I did say that a company that refuses to put their games out on other stores is a shit company.

OK. So as we just established Valve must be a much shittier company to you then than EA because you can actually buy at least SOME EA games on other platforms but NONE of Valve's.

If EA or Blizzard were to release games on GOG or even Uplay, I would be willing to buy their games if they were something I wanted.

See above. You can find many older EA games on GOG. You can also buy many EA games on uPlay (Star Wars Battlefront, BF3/4, Dead Space series). Most of them will still require Origin, of course, but you can purchase them on uPlay no problemo. Again: You are kinda new to all this, no? Wink

As far as my last comment, if you couldn't find anything intelligent to say, why bother replying?

Yeah. Right. Sorry about bothering you with actual facts and information .

Don't get me started on DRM. In any case, we will have to simply disagree. I don't agree with your viewpoint and you won't persuade me to. I doubt I will be able to sway yours either.

I will leave you with this; is it just the fact that you are posting on the internet that makes you come off so snide/snarky, or is it something integral to your personality? After simply reading your posts on this topic, I find that you are not a very nice or likable person. That's fine if it's what you are trying to be, but I sincerely hope that you aren't like this in real life. You are not acting like the person Mr. Rogers knew you could be.

34. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 06:55 Mordhaus

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 06:14:
Mordhaus wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 05:40:
Slick wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 05:19:
El Pit wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 01:53:
Steam can't unless other publishers allow it.

That is why EA has an advantage here: they are still making AAA games

awww, you had me at "still making games" ^_^

honestly i thought there'd be MUCH more vitriol in this thread, part of me is happy to see an air of civility around this board, and half of me is like: "WTF EA IS THE DEVIL REMEMBER!? AND NOW THEY CORRUPTED BILL NYE! HOW IS THE SKY NOT FALLING IN BLUESNEWS!??!"

*ahem*

Origin is just a store, they sell mostly their house-brand stuff, but it's just a store. They do have better support compared to Steam yes, ugh, let's just say, they HAVE support compared to Steam. But no, it's good support, anytime I've spoken with an agent, and half the time i've chatted with an agent and treated them like a human being, I left the convo with a 15% any EA title coupon in my pocket. That's not too bad. Also they have the "Games on the House" program with is kinda neat, not sure if I'm more likely to play a free game than I am the tons of $2 games i get on steam sales, but it's a nice thought.

Steam is more like the Wal-Mart of the gaming world, they have better deals *usually*, but there's still a ton of garbage on there (early access), and if you're a small-fry developer, to get listed there is really your best chance of success.

They're just stores, just like Uplay, Battle.net, Epic Games (starting to fill up with titles), and many others. It's such a cunty stance to say: "I will only buy games from Wal-Mart, I will never set foot in a Target". I really don't know many people with those kinds of real-life convictions on the way that Wal-Mart/Target treat their customers, but I guess on the web it takes no effort to have a bullshit cause.

Sometimes I shop at Wal-Mart if they have what I want, sometimes I shop at Target if they have what I want. At the end of the day I really don't give a fuck about the store I have to go into to get the thing I want, I only care about the thing I want. To say otherwise is to make an issue where there is none.

They all are just stores, you are correct. But, Origin is the only one that reserves all EA AAA titles to itself. The others allow you at least the illusion of choice by letting you buy their games through other stores. EA wanted to force people to only use their store if they wanted to play EA games, anyone with a brain could see that their entire goal was to try to take over the online sale market and force competition out.

Complete bullshit. What "anyone with a brain" could really see is that EA did not want to share 30% of every sale with the fat ass of Gabe when they could just as well do sales via their own backend.
They also still have some of their games on Steam by the way. And the sole reason EA got kicked off Steam was DLC.
EA wanted to keep selling DLC from within their games. Steam said nope, you either go through us with every sale or you can pack your shit and go outright. And EA was, like, OK then we go outright and do our own store where we can sell DLC any way we want.
That's it. That's all there was ever to it. End of story.

By the way, Origin is not the only exclusive store. Battle.net only has Blizzard games and you can not buy Blizz games anywhere else except at retailers.

In an ideal world I think that the big publishers should all get together and offer up a unified storefront but until then I can fully understand that not everyone is keen on sharing 30% with the fatso empire. Why should Valve be entitled to selling every single PC game from all publishers? That's bullshit.

EA is guilty of some serious shitty business practices and crappy retard games, or a combination of both like Star Wars Battlefront, but you can't really blame them for running their own store after they got kicked out by Valve. Or just generally blame them for not being willing to sacrifice 30% on the altar of Jabba the Gabe.

This is their tactic in every mode of business, force out competitors so they can offer shit games that are basically retreads with a couple of new features each year. By supporting Origin and EA games, people are allowing them to continue this process. That is why I refused to buy the latest DragonAge and will not be buying Mass Effect 4, because I will not support EA with my money. They are a toxic influence on gaming.

Cool story braaahhh.

The games they still allow on Steam are only there because they came out prior to Origin. As far as the logic of not sharing with Steam, why doesn't EA sell new AAA games on GOG or any other service? There was a kerfuffle over DLC with Ubisoft as well, yet they made changes to still allow their games to be sold on Steam and elsewhere. EA can claim whatever they like, but the creation of Origin was not simply to avoid DLC purchasing issues. Only a fool would think otherwise.

As far as Blizzard and Battle.net, I don't purchase their games either because of that same policy. If they refuse to make their games available through other stores, they don't get my money.

I never said anything about Steam being the only storefront people should support. I did say that a company that refuses to put their games out on other stores is a shit company. If EA or Blizzard were to release games on GOG or even Uplay, I would be willing to buy their games if they were something I wanted.

As far as my last comment, if you couldn't find anything intelligent to say, why bother replying?

30. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 05:40 Mordhaus

Slick wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 05:19:
El Pit wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 01:53:
Steam can't unless other publishers allow it.

That is why EA has an advantage here: they are still making AAA games

awww, you had me at "still making games" ^_^

honestly i thought there'd be MUCH more vitriol in this thread, part of me is happy to see an air of civility around this board, and half of me is like: "WTF EA IS THE DEVIL REMEMBER!? AND NOW THEY CORRUPTED BILL NYE! HOW IS THE SKY NOT FALLING IN BLUESNEWS!??!"

*ahem*

Origin is just a store, they sell mostly their house-brand stuff, but it's just a store. They do have better support compared to Steam yes, ugh, let's just say, they HAVE support compared to Steam. But no, it's good support, anytime I've spoken with an agent, and half the time i've chatted with an agent and treated them like a human being, I left the convo with a 15% any EA title coupon in my pocket. That's not too bad. Also they have the "Games on the House" program with is kinda neat, not sure if I'm more likely to play a free game than I am the tons of $2 games i get on steam sales, but it's a nice thought.

Steam is more like the Wal-Mart of the gaming world, they have better deals *usually*, but there's still a ton of garbage on there (early access), and if you're a small-fry developer, to get listed there is really your best chance of success.

They're just stores, just like Uplay, Battle.net, Epic Games (starting to fill up with titles), and many others. It's such a cunty stance to say: "I will only buy games from Wal-Mart, I will never set foot in a Target". I really don't know many people with those kinds of real-life convictions on the way that Wal-Mart/Target treat their customers, but I guess on the web it takes no effort to have a bullshit cause.

Sometimes I shop at Wal-Mart if they have what I want, sometimes I shop at Target if they have what I want. At the end of the day I really don't give a fuck about the store I have to go into to get the thing I want, I only care about the thing I want. To say otherwise is to make an issue where there is none.

They all are just stores, you are correct. But, Origin is the only one that reserves all EA AAA titles to itself. The others allow you at least the illusion of choice by letting you buy their games through other stores. EA wanted to force people to only use their store if they wanted to play EA games, anyone with a brain could see that their entire goal was to try to take over the online sale market and force competition out.

This is their tactic in every mode of business, force out competitors so they can offer shit games that are basically retreads with a couple of new features each year. By supporting Origin and EA games, people are allowing them to continue this process. That is why I refused to buy the latest DragonAge and will not be buying Mass Effect 4, because I will not support EA with my money. They are a toxic influence on gaming.

17. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 12, 2016, 22:22 Mordhaus

Called it when Origin first came out, subscription eventually.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2016, 10:17 Mordhaus

They really need to rename the game to Trainwreck: Space Edition  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2016, 14:31 Mordhaus

Most people in the USA are 12 o'clock flashers.  

News Comments > PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive
15. Re: PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive Jan 3, 2016, 19:40 Mordhaus

MMMMmmmmm....pass  

News Comments > Dying Light Season Pass Price Hike Plans
8. Re: Dying Light Season Pass Price Hike Plans Nov 26, 2015, 03:16 Mordhaus

I see no problem with them raising the price. They are going extremely far out of their way to make sure it was announced ahead of time and very clearly.

If you are pissed about the price increase, buy it now or you really have no room to complain.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
20. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 17:11 Mordhaus

Most of this has been seen before. You already could walk around ships inside the hangar, who cares if you can now walk inside the bigger ones? Where is the gameplay? There should be some videos this point of solo gameplay on SQ42, and I am not talking about a model standing there with questions.

This is a joke

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
48. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 14:00 Mordhaus

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 12:51:
Ugh what a mess, I'm done reading about this game until it ships.

*If

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo